Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn stood stunned for a few moments after he let Esme stand on her own two paws again, startled from the jolting movements. It still took a moment to let everything fall into place, but he smiled a bit down at Esme as she replied. At least she was kind about the mistake. "If you're certain. I have plenty of resources I can give to you and your caravan while you stay, even a couple extra rooms in my home. Anything I can give to make your stay easier." He noticed her obvious discomfort at the situation, and to diffuse the awkward air, he hopped off the wagon and went over to pick up the fallen meats and vegetables. That was, until the lion approached them. He stood up straight, trying to seem as polite and cordial as possible. After all, he wasn't exactly a higher rank than he was, nor was he below. It didn't help that they were similar heights. "All is well here, sir," he responded, gesturing to the crate he held with some of the items replaced. "Just a sudden jolt from the horses is all. The only loss is this crate, which I am willing to replace." Despite what Esme said, this was her leader, or he seemed to be. He could make the decision on whether he paid for the fallen food or not. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but for a group that may be running low on funds and resources, he wasn't about to make them spend more out of pocket for a mistake. "We aren't really sure what happened. The wagon just kinda moved around suddenly, things went flying, and here we are. Really not that big of a deal though, luckily it doesn't seem like much was damaged." He then decided to close his mouth, his amber eyes observing the man before him. If he spoke too much, he may disrespect someone who was not used to having long explanations. But he at least wanted to explain the situation. "I apologize for not acting quicker, sir. I'm just glad nobody was hurt in the few moments it happened."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Quote :
Esme

Still, somewhat startled from the wagon's abrupt movement the feline's eyes looked up at the Dragonborn's as he offered some hospitality. When was the last time she actually slept in a real bed? She couldn't remember, "That's very kind of you, Tarjinn..." She told him as she contemplated his offer, her eyes began to wander to the side as she thought about it. The young would sleep easier behind shut doors, there was also the Tabby, Rorran, who was expecting, she would greatly appreciate a comfortable bed to rest in. Though she knew all this, she felt it would be to much trouble on the Dragonborn. However, before she could answer him, Tarjinn turned his back on her and easily jumped from the back of the wagon. With the thud of his feet on the ground, Esme quickly followed suit only to pause when Bane arrived. Sitting her rear end on the edge of the wagon bed, the snow leopard sat where she was until the Chief finished speaking. "Yes, all is well, neither of us were hurt." She agreed with her friend as she slid off the back of the wagon and down on to her feet beside him. Flicking her ears and looking at Tarjinn as he once again offered to replace the supplies, the leopard looked slightly shocked but allowed the expression to fade as quickly as it arrived. Esme's eyes were then locked on Bane as she gave him a look, oh he knew that look. With a grin, Bane crossed his arms in front of his chest before speaking to the Dragonic male, "No friend, We catfolk will replace the goods. Our reason for stopping was to buy and hunt more anyways..." the cat paused, "However, the offer for rooms helpful. If you have room for the youngest among us and our expecting mother, that would make things a little better considering their rest and comfort." He said clearly before moving his eyes back to Esme, "And if able, take Esme along with you..." At the last part, Esme's jaw dropped, she was very accepting of the rest of it however, she was not expecting him to tag her along with Rorran and Suu. "B-bu- Wait a minute, I don't need a bed to sleep..." She protested, Bane continued on after a slight chuckle, " I'm sure she has some things to discuss with you." the old lion told Tarjinn, it seems he had heard Esme speaking to him earlier and knew the gal wanted to get to know the Dragonborn people, as well as, recruit this new companion for the sake of the rest of the catfolk who still had a place to call home. "No need to apologized, Dragonborn. What happened had little loss and it seems neither of you are injured, which, I am thankful for. I can't have a guest and..." Pausing once again, the lion seemed to press his feline lips together and part them again, clearly wanting to add something along with the girl's name before continuing "...Esme getting hurt on my watch." He finally said before turning. "Now that I know all is well, I must talk with the guards about this incident." With a sigh, the lion uncrossed his arms and began towards the armored men still tending to his horses. The other catfolk who stayed behind quickly began helping gather some of the supplies. The oldest among the two which stayed behind was around the age of 30 and looked to be a cougar cross, the other was female and was none other then Rorran, the pregnant grey tabby. "Here you are," said the little tabby woman as she had managed to pick up an apple and a potato. lifting them into the air, the little woman stretched to get them high enough so that Esme or Tarjinn wouldn't have to bend down to take them from her small hands. This woman only reached to Esme's waist and hardly made it to Tarjinns for he was a foot taller then Esme. The cougar man couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the height difference, she was so small and the poor man couldn't get over it. He was new to the caravan but he and Rorran had kicked it off from the beginning. Gathering what was somewhat farther away from the wagon, Ovarr returned to place the items into the crate. "There this should do it," Ovarr said as he dusted off his masculine hands. Esme was still slightly in shock over Bane's sudden declaration that she'd be staying with the Dragonborn if he had the room. Though she wasn't unhappy about it, this way she would have a private place to talk to him and Rorran and Suu would have a comfortable place to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The white Dragonborn kept his attention on the lion, wanting to stay respectful to the leader that deserved to be held up among his group. He watched the lion cross his arms and got worried that he was going to get reprimanded. But luckily, that did not seem the plan. He used the same reply as Esme did, which confirmed that he did not need to repay the damages done. He didn't even know why he himself was so nervous about this entire situation. It would be beneficial to show that he didn't mean to do what he did. As Bane mentioned Esme staying at his home though...he coughed into his elbow to prevent the man from seeing his startled blush. Of course, Esme would have her own room, but it was rather sudden to suggest out of nowhere. He listened to him talk to Esme, waiting his turn as he adjusted the crate in his hands. He would be absolutely fine with allowing the snow leopard to stay under his roof. That was not a problem, nor a question. Just a shock more than anything. He would also have to know how many catfolk needed a room, so he could recruit his two mischievous followers to clean house and help him prepare for their arrival. It did bring a question to mind, however. Did catfolk and tabaxi shed? He'd have to ask that later...in private. At least the lion excused himself after the embarrassment. "Of course, I will sort it all out. Thank you, sir," he responded, watching him go before he turned back to Esme. He opened his mouth to speak with her when two catfolk approached him. A cougar male, and a stout grey tabby female. Quite an interesting pair to approach, he had to note, but smiled broadly and reached down to take the potato and apple to put them in the wooden crate. "Thank you," he said gently. He had never met someone so short, other than dwarves and small halflings and various other small creatures that he didn't run across often. Tarjinn wasn't about to point that out, however. He wanted to keep helping, but the cougar picked up some of the crops left on the ground. "Thank you as well, it seems like it is." He chuckled softly. "But, Esme, my offer does still stand." He walked over to the wagon and put the crate up on the vehicle, next to the crate of furs. "I have enough room for everyone. Kittens, expecting mothers, the elderly, whoever needs it. I have four rooms total when you toss in my master. I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable." Smiling, the dragonborn propped his clawed hands on his hips as he turned to her. Her flustered expression amused him greatly. "How many will need a bed? If the kittens can't share a bed, I can move around things or buy some blankets. The group at my home may be a ways away from your camp, however. Is that still suitable?" Perhaps he could provide transportation. But that was likely far too much. He didn't have to hand them the world, as he didn't even know if they could be completely trusted. He could trust them, but others may not. It would all come to pass, however. Things would be settled soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Quote :
Esme

After her Chief had stepped away with a nod of his head, Esme began to chuckle awkwardly to herself. She couldn't say no to the Chief, clearly, he wanted her to go with the others to stay with Tarjinn. Obviously, he wanted her to be able to obtain the knowledge and help she was seeking but she also felt he desired that she protect the others if need be since none of them knew Tarjinn all that well. That- that had to be it! Soothing her mind with the unlikely reason, Esme smiled lightly as her ears fell to the sides, "So, I um, will accept that offer since Chief Bane insists... not that I don't want to come along!" She paused as she cleared her throat trying to overcome the sudden embarrassment," I'd very much enjoy being able to exchange knowledge and discuss what needs to be conversed... "Umm, anyways that would be three of us then." She stated while smoothing out the skirt of her dress, clearly fidgeting. At that moment was when she realized the other two with Bane stayed behind. Focusing on them now, Esme noticed one of the individuals that were assigned to stay with Tarjinn and herself was Rorran, "Oh, Rorran, this is Tarjinn... I'm sure you heard." Esme introduced her with a gentle smile, The young Tabby woman bowed her head a bit in greeting, "You're welcome, Tarjinn." she told him kindly before the snow leopard looking to Tarjinn, "This is Rorran, she's the expecting mother that will be staying with you along with the kitten Suu and m-myself if you have the room that is... I don't mind sharing a room with either of the two if need be." She informed him as she began to speak rather quickly towards the end. Ovarr, all the while couldn't help but chuckle as he watched Esme's nervous sputter and awkward chuckles and upon seeing Tarjinn's slightly pink cheek scales, made him almost sure that the Dragonborn was blushing. If he didn't know any better, he'd say the draconic male was flustered over the thought of a woman coming home with him. Smirking, the cougar stepped over towards Tarjinn and dropped the rest of the goods into the cart "No problem, mate" he said before grinning, "Hmm, cat got your tongue... hmm lad?" he asked almost at a whisper as he elbowed his side.  Meanwhile, Esme was fawning over Rorran and her swollen belly, the two females cooed and awwed over name suggestions and the number of kittens she'd possibly bring into the world this time around. Having her attention pulled away from Rorran for a moment, the she-cat quickly answered the dragon male "Oh, there is no need to worry about that. The walk there will be fine for us, and if need be I can always borrow one of our caravans horses if not the whole wagon. The only one I would be concerned for is Rorran after all." She told him before raising a brow at Ovarr, he was snickering over something and Tarjinn had yet to react to whatever the cougar had done. "O-Ovarr what did you do?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn nodded as Esme responded, a smile spreading across his maw as he gazed down at her. He didn't take offense to her response. After all, it was quite sudden, and he certainly wouldn't have expected Bane to offer her stay with the kitten and mother. "Then I will work on that this afternoon after I am sure that everyone is settled. I don't have much to clean, but it's best to take a gander at making sure there's nothing out of place." He leaned back against the rear of the wagon before the snow leopard introduced the tabby. Should he bend down to greet her? Or would that be intolerable for someone that spends her time around those taller than her? He wanted to appear friendly, but as a mighty muscular Dragonborn male, he could be rather intimidating. It seemed that they must be used to Bane however. He lifted his hand in greeting to Rorran. "Nice to meet you. I'll be pleased to have you stay at my home so you can rest. Anything you need, I can provide." It would be interesting to have guests, as he normally just had his two retainers, plus his squire here and there. He was usually training on his own adventures. Esme continued to talk however, still flustered, and he couldn't help but grin. His teeth glinted in the sunlight pouring down on them. His cheeks would have gotten pinker if he tried to ignore her reactions. "You won't need to share a room, though the kitten may prefer to stay with you, in which case I can find something to do so you are both comfortable. I have the space; you all can figure out who goes where and what the arrangements are. After dinner, we can all go to settle." The two females began to chatter and coo over the kittens to arrive eventually, so he turned to the cougar. Yet he certainly wasn't expecting what he had to say. “Cat...what?!” He blinked, his face flushing a bit in surprise. What was he talking about? “Esme?” He threw a clawed thumb over his shoulder, the nudge from the cat hardly felt. “What do you mean by that?” He heard the snow leopard’s protest, and was a little confused. They had just met, his tongue certainly wasn’t claimed by anyone or anything. “I’m just offering out of kindness, I’m not looking for anything else.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Quote :
Esme

Rorran looked from the dragon man's hand to his face, "Why do you give me your hand?" She asked softly with a tilt of her head. There was no music so she knew he was not asking the tabby to dance. Cat people were great lovers of music and dance, offering a hand to anyone was a kind gesture to dance with one another. It also was an indication to take one's hand to be led somewhere away from peering eyes but that was most definitely not the case here. Taking hold of Tarjinn's scaly hand anyways, Rorran smiled pleasantly up at the brute of a man, "Yes, thank you. I'm glad we cat folk could meet such a kind beastfolk like yourself." she greeted him, "I must apologize, I can not reach your forehead to give a proper greeting. But, I am very honored to meet such a wonderful mountain dweller." she informed him, before turning her gaze towards Esme, her small hands staying in place. Tarjinn at that time began speaking about Suu and sleeping arrangements, the little lynx would love that, sharing a bed with the woman she looked up too. However, Esme was sure to only allow that arrangement if entirely necessary, the female didn't seem to want the child to become entirely reliant on her or attached. Though it was a bit painful to think about, Rorran knew the Snow Leopard was going to leave them eventually. Removing her hand from Tarjinn's palm as Esme began to coo over her and the kits, the feline was pulled from her prior thoughts. Moments passed and the tabby's ears flicked back as Ovarr was in the mists of teasing the Dragonborn. The cougar couldn't help but snicker from the male's reaction, "Oh don't play dumb mate!" he grinned, noticing even more of the red growing on the lizardman's face. Clearly, the lad was getting a kick out of this, the utter confusion on Tarjinn's face was priceless, of course, before he could continue Rorran had slammed her tiny feline foot down on top of his, obviously she didn't have the weight to harm him but her claws... those sharp little daggers she had for claws were hell on one's bare paw. Letting out a yelp of sorts, Rorran hissed at him as she put her arms on her hips, her tail flipping around behind her, "You leave him alone, Ovarr" She scolded him as her long fur began to bristle, "Go be useful!" She barked orders at the man as the cougar brute chuckled and rubbed the back of his fuzzy head, stepping away from the little angry fireball before him. "Alright, alright, I was only playing, love." all the while the tom was signaling for her to calm down with a downward motion of his large feline hands and stepping backward away from her. The grey tabby continued to waddle after him until the two had disappeared around the wagon. Breathing in deeply, Esme tried to ignore what had just transpired as she crossed her arms, "You'll have to forgive him, Tarjinn... He can't contain himself when he gets even the slightest idea of someone's affections towards another... even if those feelings are non-existent." She informed him as the leopard turned slightly on her cat-like feet, "If you need any help preparing for our stay, I would be glad to help you. It's the least I could do after all." She offered her assistance clearly trying to avert her mind from her earlier flustered emotions. If Rorran hadn't been there, how in the world would she have handled Ovarr... He was the most flirty of the bunch and the worst about causing misunderstandings and rumors within the caravan, let alone his teasing... Esme never had to deal with such behavior back at home, after all, she was revered no one ever attempted such actions towards her.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The man couldn't help but notice Rorran's hesitation with his greeting, and he realized once more that it was an unusual greeting for the catfolk. He was going to retract it, but he was delighted to see the cat place her palm in his. He dropped their conjoined hands once in the full greeting. A proper greeting, though? He wondered what his forehead had anything to do with that, but he was certain that Esme had an explanation for him. They would have to exchange lifestyles and culture expectations anyways, if they were to stay in the village. "Your greeting in words is accepted enough, thank you. I am in return pleased to meet a wonderful catfolk such as yourself." He wanted to continue helping move items, and had picked up the fur crate to position it when the fiesty mother cat had slammed her tiny foot onto Ovarr, the cougar man's, foot. It amused him far too much to hold back a hearty laugh at the two. Quite a pair, he had to say. Adjusting the crate in his arms, he gave a smile at Esme as she spoke, though the redness in his cheeks reappeared from her words. "O-Oh, don't worry, I was not so much focused on his teasing. I was just confused on his phrases of speech, that's all. I suppose if it's common though, I better pipe down before his mate gets to him again. I wouldn't want fur that can be dug into, no offense." He then chuckled, shrugging his broad shoulders as he placed the crate under his arm and extended his other towards the wagon. "No need, my recruits need something to keep themselves busy with, with me wanting to steer them in a more...religious pathway. I'll make sure they are pleased to help, along with my squire. It teaches them hospitality in a very direct manner, something you cannot get often with few guests. You will hopefully meet all tonight so you are well informed of the ins and outs of my home." He would likely be teaching her many things of his life, so might as well see the three people he held in mostly high regards. "I would prefer to get your wagon unloaded first, after that whole fiasco, however. No more dropping food, hopefully," he teased with a broader smile. "Just hand me another crate and I'll put them wherever they need to go. Then I'll send word for my home dwellers to prepare the house for your arrival."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Quote :
Esme

Seeing Tarjinn laughing at the ordeal between the couple, Esme felt herself relax a little. He didn't seem offended or outraged in any way from the cat-folk's actions, that was quite a relief. Some would have considered their little exchange rather rude or inappropriate, nonetheless, this was not the case. However, after the man's hearty laughter his cheeks seemed to reddened once more as he focused on the felines words, "Oh, I- I see." Esme stammered as she averted her eyes with a soft chuckle. "I can see how his choice in words would cause confusion." She told him as a bit of a grin slid over her lips. "I'm sure, being Ovarr, he's twisted the meaning to his own desires." She told him as she walked over to the wagon. Placing her hands on the edge of the wagon bed, the feline hoisted herself up into the wagon once more. Taking a few steps inward and crouching down, the woman pulled a few crates out. Stacking them, Esme then picked them up and carried them skillfully to the back of the wagon for Tarjinn. "And I will agree, there are times I wish I had armored skin rather than fur." She told him with a bit of a laugh. "Though I will say, it keeps you nice and warm in the winter months," she told him as she lowered herself to hand him the two of the smaller crates. These crates were lightweight, some holding clothes and more bedding and others had small sellable items which were hand made by the caravan women. "I see, well then I will have to find another way to repay your kindness." She stated before standing back up to retrieve rolled leather and larger furs off the walls of the caravan. Once she had the leather and furs resting over her shoulder and a crate in her arm, Esme jumped from the back of the wagon back to the ground. Dust rolled about her cat-like feet as she straightened herself while readjusting the leather and fur on her shoulder, "I look forward to meeting your companions and I will make sure my feline friends behave." She reassured him, however, she knew, for the most part, Suu wouldn't be a problem or Rorran. Then again... they were used to the tents and wide open spaces, which was nothing like a house. "There isn't much more to unload from the wagon now, I believe there is a chest left with trade goods underneath the coaches bench but it doesn't need to be moved until tomorrow. And... I agree let's not drop any more food for our sakes..." She explained to him before grinning with amusement from his teasing, with that being said, the pale coated woman began walking towards the slowly growing campsite. Hearing what the male had to say regarding sending word to his companions, the young woman nodded her head, "Alright, thank you for all your help." She thanked him somewhat early since the job wasn't quite done, they still had a few yards to walk before unloading their arms.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 12:17 am

Quote :

Tarjinn

Twisting to his own desires? Interesting...he wouldn’t expect that from a catfolk, but then again, he really had absolutely no experience with them. They were strange creatures indeed. But if all went well that night, he would be able to learn more as they conversed. He was about to ask when fluffy white fur brushed his shoulder. That stunned him for a moment, but he looked to Esme with a grin and didn’t mention it. “Ah yes, very true. However, I am very resistant to the snow and ice that gathers here. My blessed breath of cold from Bahamut allows me to not succumb to the winter weather. Others are not so lucky, I do admit. I am glad the being or beings that watch over you have blessed you with a thick layer of hide, and claws to match, so that you are evenly matched against the cold.” Taking the two crates she handed him, he slipped them under his other arm and glanced down to their contents. It was quite well made. He was surprised, but at the same time, he shouldn’t be. It was a little rude to assume that they would have anything less. He appreciated their craftsmanship very much. Perhaps that was another thing to ask about later on. Did Esme make any of these? He blinked and had to look up during his internal questioning once again as the said catwoman leapt down, causing a bit of dirt to stir up beneath him. Well, it seemed even the earth responded to their arrival. She did mention her friends being on their better behaviors, and couldn't help but chuckle as he turned slightly. "I will make sure mine do too. My squire is very polite, but my retainers can cause too much trouble for a pregnant woman and a kitten. I'd worry they'd be too overwhelming. But, we will see how it all goes, and if you would be comfortable somewhere else, or they bother you all, I'll boot them out in an instant. They can sleep in a tavern to humble themselves." She began to walk, and he followed diligently, keeping his amber eyes open to watch the catfolk arrange themselves and set up their camp. It was a quaint little place. If he was one of them, he could see himself enjoying a life like this, on the road and fighting against the weather and tribulations along the way, gathering supplies and seeing the world one step at a time. He did the same himself, venturing beyond his town to help whomever, but traveling full-time was a very dedicated way of life. "Of course," he responded after he realized he hadn't, glancing down at the woman. "I'll do anything to make you all feel safe and comfortable here."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Quote :
Esme

She was amazed, most beings who lacked the coat of a beast froze come the cold nights and winter months. Yet, this Dragonborn was blessed with the resistance of the cold, which in her eyes was a great blessing. "That's astounding, Tarjinn. I would have assumed, or rather, I did assume that scales like yours provided little warmth." She replied before bounding from the wagon. Esme hadn't realized why her kind friend was grinning earlier, she assumed he was just in good spirits, after all, she wasn't exactly use to dragonic facial expressions. "Thank you, you've express great kindness towards my kind, both in person and in speaking about our gods. You're a very benevolent individual, Tarjinn. I'm glad Bahamut blessed your soul with such a kind and useful gift." she told him. Before the two of them began to walk, Tarjinn started telling her about his squire and his two retainers that also seemed to live with him. "Well, we will just have to wait and see. I know Suu will be shy at first but with enough pestering and prodding the cub will come out of her shell. The Tabaxi boy proved that to me when he arrived." She informed him as a short amused chuckle left her lips. "And Rorran isn't afraid to speak her mind or give one the cold shoulder, I worry little about those two." her voice faded off as she smiled warmly to herself, thinking about the two felines. After a short moment of silence, Tarjinn informed her of his want to keep them all comfortable and to help make the lot of them feel comfortable, this statement made the women's cheeks warm. It satisfied her to no end that someone, a stranger even, would care so much for her people. "You are so kind to us Tarjinn, I hope I can repay your kindness ten fold." She said to him softly as she removed some hair from in front of her feline muzzle. Once more silence fell between them, as Esme allow the warm sensation in her chest to subside she recalled the look in the dragon's eyes as he examined the items within the crate. The cat-woman smiled lightly before bringing up the topic for discussion, "Those are dream catchers, we make them from the resources the land gives to us." She told him as she leaned closer to get a better look, "Suu made the one on top." Esme pointed out with a sweet look in her eyes it was crafted with a wooden ring, creamy colored leather, multi-colored horse hair, feathers and many different beads made from rocks and shells. "We tan and cut thin strips of leather for the binding around the ring, and the ring its self is made from supple tree limbs, stiff vines, or bamboo, depending on where we are at the time. And we collect the feathers, horse hair, and beads along the way as well. Most of the beads are crafted from rocks, shells, or even pieces of wood, we find appealing to the eye." She informed him, she could tell the look in his eye from before showed curiosity so she was sure he wanted to know about the items in the crate. They weren't all dream catchers, however, at the bottom, there were clay pots, statues, and more somewhat small hand made items, though from this angle Esme couldn't see what else was in the wooden box. By this time, however, the two had arrived in front of the main tent which was almost completely put together. All that was left was half the leather for the outside of the Teepee. Placing her load down on the large buffalo skin rug, the woman motioned for the man to also set the crates down there as well.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn smiled down at Esme, rolling his shoulders in a circle as he walked along beside her. Not necessarily from the weight of the crates, but sitting around was not the greatest help for his muscles and limbs that expected him to be stretching them and keeping them working. He had to adjust to doing something for once. "I know, it's rather odd to have a dragon be so resistant to something that would be expected to be twice as bad for them. But all us dragonborn are gifted with a resistance equal to the power we have with our breath. Fire goes against heat, acid goes against poison, so on and so forth. I suppose it is fitting for myself to be against the cold in general, hailing from the mountains. I haven't been there in a decade, however. I am thankful as well that Bahamut gives such great gifts to us. I hope in turn, he will give you a gift in return, perhaps sharper claws for hunting or a thicker coat when snow rolls in. I do not know all that he gives, or if he is biased to only the kind that descends from him, but I hope he sees you from above and showers his approval upon you and your gathering." Listening about the small kitten brought a brighter gleam to his smile as Esme spoke on after him. He was excited to meet the young one. He would have to adjust to her height too, but he figured it would be the same as conversing with a dwarf or perhaps a mousefolk, like the one he had seen pop in a couple times to the tavern. He had much to learn, that much was certain. Luckily he had empty journals to fill with lore and the nature of the catfolk and tabaxi creatures. They were so...unique. "Oh? I would like to hear that story the instant that Suu goes to sleep. Unless it is short, but it sounds like something that would provide a good fireside tale. I will be certain to provide something in return to offset the embarrassment she will likely feel if she knows her past is being told. And especially if a kitten crush is involved," he teased. He doubted that was the case, but it was fun to imagine the scuffles between the cubs nonetheless. They continued their walk in silence for a while, which wasn't all that uncomfortable he had to admit. They both had their bubbles and respected them. They could walk without speaking and not feel the pressure to keep up the conversation; at least, that's how he viewed it. However, the snow leopard peered up at him as she caught him observing the homemade items within the crate, and began to explain them. Oh, dreamcatchers. He had never seen such an exquisite item before, and when he set down the crates on the rug as well, he bent down and picked up the smaller item. The one from Suu, supposedly. He could tell a child had crafted it, with some of the items not quite hitting their mark compared to the stack in the wooden box. He could not critique it, though. It was fantastically made, and he would not have done much better at all. "These are beautiful," he murmured, pulling another out of the box and gazing between them. Not necessarily to compare, but to see the contrast in designs, the colors, and horsehairs that differed just between the two. It only increased his curiosity. He combined the two and grabbed a pot from the bottom, yet another wonderful craft piece. Though his hands were large and therefore made the items smaller, he made sure he was twice as careful with them. Turning them over and looking over every piece, he wondered if Bahamut would appreciate one of these in the dragonborn's morning worship to the god. "If you don't mind, I would love to take Suu's dreamcatcher. Paid for, of course. Perhaps she would like having it hang in the room she stays in?" His eyes were bright as he looked down to Esme. "I don't mean this to continue my generosity in order to gain anything. I honestly love the heart put into her...dreamcatcher, did you call it? And I would love her to explain every meaning, every bead and hair that she put into it. Get to know her better by an item that I could use as well, an addition to my collection of unique trinkets that I love to learn about. I'll take one of the statues too, to pair with it. Consider it my payment for the food, in an indirect way." He set down the other dreamcatcher and pot back in the crate after sitting on his knees, positioning them very carefully before he searched for one of the statues, pulling it gently from its place. "Hmm. This one will do, as long as you take the time tonight to tell me all about it. Or throughout this week. But I absolutely must know more about your culture, your people." He turned it in his clawed hand, the smile never once leaving his face. Even just the smells that poured from the teepee intrigued him, and opened his interest to the group that had entered his village.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Quote :
Esme

With bright intrigued eyes, the cat listened intently to her company, his voice carried information regarding his people, their religion, it was all so interesting. Everything about the Dragonborn was so new to her, she'd learned very little about them back at home and had mostly only read stories about them, nothing truly factual or historical about the species. "It's rather amazing honestly, your God has blessed your people greatly with such a divine gift. Since you're well armed for the cold, does the heat of day bother you?"  She, herself struggled with the simple heat of the sun and the intense temperatures of a small campfire. She was not built for the nomadic life, at least not in these parts, her fur coat was never truly thin or short like Bane's. Which, brought her to wonder, was his resilience to the cold similar to hers regarding her tolerance for hot temperatures? "And I will say, some of my kind are greatly blessed come the winter season. I, for example, develop a thicker coat which is much more white then my pelt currently is. Bane, on the other hand, does not, his coat stays thin and short all year round aside from his regal mane." a small smile pulled at her lips, Esme was happy to be able to give such knowledge to a kind outsider. Giving a small chuckle at the mentioning of her claws the feline looked up at the dragon, her eyes glistening in the fading light "Ah yes, our claws actually become rather durable in the winter perfect for those unplanned occurrences on the road with bandits and hungry beasts." She found quite the amusement in this topic, rarely did any of her kind have to use their claws for hunting, it was only incase of desperation that they'd hunt like their less equipped ancestors. Of course, Tarjinn didn't know this which was why Esme didn't take offense to the man's words. Their conversation then shifted to Suu and her seemingly cute past with the Tabaxi boy. The man's amber eyes seemed to twinkle from the mentioning of the kitten. This gave the feline the idea her companion enjoyed the presence of little ones. She began to wonder if he had offspring or younger siblings, it was unlikely though, he had only spoken of his retainers and squire surely he would have said something by now about any possible children in his life. "Ahh yes, I wouldn't mind sharing with you her story." She chuckled, "The kit has a sad beginning but she has found great happiness and friendships among the caravan... maybe even a bit of love..." She fed the man's interest as she continued. It felt natural to speak to Tarjinn this way, as if she'd known him for the last few months she'd been with the caravan. The Dragonborn's kindness had to be the cause for such a feeling. If she'd met any other Dragonborn, she was sure it wouldn't be this way, honestly, if he hadn't been so nice she probably would have been intimidated by the towering individual. Were they all so tall, she thought Bane was tall but it seems this one outshined the Chief when it came to height. Upon arriving at the rug and placing the crates and leather on the ground, Tarjinn began observing the handmade items more closely his eyes engrossed in their workmanship. She watched as he picked up Suu's dreamcatcher and then another one, he studied both with such attentiveness. Upon hearing his murmur Esme smiled warmly, she loved seeing someone who appreciated their handiwork "Thank you, Suu would be very pleased," she told him knowing the kit would be grateful knowing someone liked her creation. Falling silent again, the she-cat watched as the draconic male began gently sifting through the crate once more to grab yet another piece. This time, he pulled out one of the clay pots that they had created in the grassy plains a few miles from here. They were small enough to be used for drinking or holding smaller items, jewels, herbs, and the like. After the white scaled beast-man finished looking at the items what left his mouth next shocked Esme causing her jaw to drop a little, "Oh, I um... You'd have to ask Suu." She stammered at first, "I didn't expect you to want them." She chuckled as she looked from him to the pieces in his hands, most travelers only seen a trinket not the religion and culture behind it. "We make dreamcatchers for many different reasons, for cubs, it's to help keep nightmares at bay. But they have a greater more significant meaning to us then simply chasing away one's fears. I'm sure, however, Suu would be honored to give you her dreamcatcher, free of coin and full of explanation." She stated as she began to remove the last of the handcrafted dream-chasers from the crate. "Normally, our caravans have large dreamcatchers either hanging from or painted on the wagons... It's a symbol to our gods asking for blessing and safety from the tribulations ahead. And, when a couple is brought together the pair build a large dreamcatcher together which is then hung from their abode so our gods can bless their joining and future offspring." Esme couldn't help but give her new friend more knowledge about her people, it wasn't often she found someone so interested in her kinds religion and traditions like this. Giggling a bit the woman nodded her head in response, "Yes, dreamcatcher, they are also referred to as dreamchaser's as well." he was amusing her causing the feline to softly giggle even, as he continued he made mentioned of the food which was lost moments earlier causing the woman to smirk, showing her pearly whites "You're very determined to make up for the loss of our food, huh?" She asked still grinning from ear to ear. Sitting down on the rug with her knees underneath her, she watched as he dug through the crate's contents until he found a statue, this figure was of their god of light. This holy being was the one who brought forth the sun and was in an eternal journey with the moon. "Ah, our sun god." She pointed out the statue's identity, "That's a wonderful choice, and I promise under the fading light of Savitr I'll tell you everything there is to know about him in our circle of gods." She told him before standing back up from her resting position. "That is, as long as you tell me all there is to know about your people, their religion and culture. Well, at least while we are in each others presence that is." She agreed to inform him of all she could of course that was on one condition he had to do the same for her. She loved learning and obtaining knowledge about the world she lived in. There was so much to explore and to understand, it was almost overwhelming but she starved for such knowledge, it was a hunger she'd probably never completely satisfy after all their world was huge and vast. About the time the woman stood upright, music began to grace the feline's ears. Her eyes flew to her comrades as one began playing the lute and another a drum. They were preparing for Suu's tenth-year celebration. Life was hard and many kittens wouldn't make it to their first year, so every year that a cub made it through a year they would celebrate on the day they were brought into the world. "Will you be staying for dinner and tonight's festivities?" She asked as she returned her gaze down to the Dragonborn who was still crouched down against the rug. "Today is Suu's tenth-year at life, there will be plenty of food to go around." She hoped he'd be interested in staying.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

As Tarjinn sat on the floor of the teepee, he kept his eyes on Esme as he adjusted to cross his legs before him. He recalled her earlier question, going through each of her words as though they were an old text he wanted to decipher. The items continued to sit beside him however after he placed them there. He was afraid of hurting any piece, especially since he would assume it would be a grave insult to break an item of such high value. The other creatures of the village may not appreciate them, but these would occupy his home soon enough. He propped himself up with a clawed hand behind him, sparing but a glance outside to the tanning sky. “The heat is not too bad if it is small. But on a sweltering day, I tend to stay inside. My scales act as armor, and if you have had experience wearing it, you know that the metal heats up quickly and retains it. The same thing goes for my scales, and if I’m wearing my armor…” He huffed a gentle laugh, “you can guess where that goes. I’m closer to a cooked egg than a dragonborn male.” Waving his hand around in the air, he smiled over at the snow leopard before resting that free hand on his knee. “I can admire your coat though. It would be splendid if you ever did reside in the mountains, and your claws help scale the mountain easily. I would envy your hands, but mine work just fine.” He extended his claws in emphasis. “It does please me however, that your god had given you such useful gifts for your travel. Defense in both fluffy fur to prevent heat and weapon strikes, as well as claws to strike back when unarmed. We share that in common, in a strange way I believe. Others do not share the hide that we do, so we are shined upon by both of our gods and overseers.” Tarjinn nodded once. Though they could be opposite no more than salt and pepper, they had more things in common compared to any other creature he knew. He was eager to learn more about her, and see just how far her roots went into her ancestry and how she became who she was now. That also included Suu, the little cub that Esme seemed to speak of with much fondness. Perhaps they were mother and daughter? He did not see a ring on her finger earlier when she handed him the crates, but that did not mean that she was with or without a partner, or that Suu was hers. In fact, it didn’t seem to be that way in the first place, due to her never speaking the word ‘daughter’ or anything similar. Just Suu. And that was perfectly fine with him. However, their relationship was a topic he wanted to delve into. Him and his group, her and the kitten. Picking up the kit’s dreamcatcher again, he grazed a thumb gently over the horse hairs attached to it, being careful to not rip it. He could only imagine how devastated Suu would be if he ruined something she was likely incredibly proud of. He opened his maw to reply to Esme, when she stammered. It brought his attention back to her face, and he grinned softly over at her. “Of course I want them. I will ask her after I converse with her for a short while, so that I have her full permission. And there is no way I am not paying. She deserves an artist’s wage and more from this, and I shall pay as appropriate. She can use it on her own little trinkets while she is here. There is no better time for her to learn the trade of the coin market, by experiencing firsthand a contact that wants her specific work. Though I’m sure she has made things before for others, I think this is a good chance for her to brag about a Dragonborn liking her dreamcatcher.” Laughing to himself, he splayed out his hand to allow the small item sit in his palm. “Or dreamchaser,” he teased. “Is that why a blessing for future offspring is sought after? A dream for a family, and therefore it goes by a different name, to catch those dreams and bring them to life within the home? I must say, that is...ingenious. Well, you have convinced me. I absolutely must have this for my home. And I may take another later in the week too, for my retainers. They need a dream, to stop bothering me with their wanderlust.” He set down the item and picked up the statue next as she spoke of it, seeing the symbolism behind the sun and morning light within it. It was a beautifully well made statue. He looked forward to hearing of him, and as he stood to his feet as well, he set aside the dreamcatcher and cat god apart from the crate of goods. “I will be thrilled to share with you everything I know and have learned. There is so much I can tell you, and much I can learn from you in return. I doubt we will be able to get through it all in one evening either. It will likely take many, and I will look forward to each.” Folding his hands behind his back, he grinned at her next question and nodded once. “Yes, of course. You do not have to convince me with food, but I appreciate the detail. I will celebrate her decade of life with my presence. Any year that a pure being lives is something to be declared as a day of festival. Consider me a permanent attendee of this year, and any future year’s, celebrations of life, for hers and for yours.” He bowed playfully at the waist, before straightening. “Will I need to stay here until they begin officially, or shall I go set up the house in the meantime?”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Quote :
Esme

Watching her reptile friend. the feline observed just how careful he was with the crafted goods. Everything he touched he was so gentle with and he showed great respect for all of it. In the past, Esme had witnessed villagers and townspeople go so far as to destroy such items before the catfolk who had crafted them. It was wonderful to meet one who appreciates such things from those who do not share the exact same god as the other. It seemed, as the hours passed, Esme's admiration for the Dragonborn would only grow. "Goodness, I've worn heavy armor once in my life and regretted it." She began to giggle softly at the memory, "I can only imagine how awful it is with two times the heat." She said before intently listening to what else the male had to say. He spoke of the mountains and how well equipped she was for such a place, smiling lightly at this, Esme knew Tarjinn had no idea but her homeland was actually partly in the mountains as well as forest below. The temperatures were much cooler than the land they were currently in. "You'll make me blush with all your kind words, Tarjinn." She teased him as she tried to hold back more amused chuckles. "Thank you, I'm glad to know there are those that can admire such things about us Catfolk. We struggle to find races that accept us without slander and insults," she told him as her eyes glance towards the opening of the teepee, the sky was darkening giving it a beautiful orange hue. With dusk quickly arriving, the music began to grow and the laughter and song of her fellow felines began to intensify. "Yes, I am pleased with it as well and for you, your people were greatly blessed, they should all see this and be as thankful as you are. Rather, we all have something wonderful to be thankful for." She agreed with him as she returned her gaze from the darkening sky to his amber eyes. At this point the she-cat had expressed to him that he did not need to pay Suu for the craft, that the cub would likely give it to him upon request along with her knowledge. And to her surprise, Esme was greeted with the man refusing to not pay, this time he was more direct with his desire to pay. This surprised her even more than his liking for their crafts. Blinking a few times with her ears completely forward, the woman had to do her best to keep her jaw from dropping yet again, "Oh, uh, then I suppose if you insist I'm sure Suu would enjoy the pocket money." She said with a bit of a chuckle, Suu wouldn't know what to do with coin of her own. Thinking about it made Esme wonder just what the kit would invest in, or would she save it? "I suppose you're right, all the money we normally earn we pull together and with that our caravan invests in what it needs most, rather then what the individuals want personally." She explained to him, "Suu will be floored with the sudden coin in her palm though," smiling the woman brushed some more silky hair from her feline face as he teased once more. "Yes actually, that is part of it." She said quite pleased with his assumption before chuckling at his final statement about obtaining another dream chaser for his retainers. From the sound of it, it seemed as though his company was rather bothersome at times with their desires for adventure. Watching his attention return to the statue of their sun god, Savitr, the Dragon male accepted her conditions full heartedly causing quite the excited expression to fly over Esme's muzzle. "Wonderful, I can't wait till we have time to sit and converse more openly and with more time." with a gentle laugh the woman nodded her head, "Indeed, there is much to be cover, too much so for one night." she agreed there was no way they could cover everything in one evening, no one could possibly digest all that information in one sitting anyways, let alone cover it all with a fine nit comb. She had then invited him to that night's festivities for Suu's life celebration, to her delight, Tarjinn accepted her invitation rather eagerly, "Excellent! We will be thrilled to have you among our people during this wondrous time and future ones to come." a bright beautiful smile replaced her small gentle looks from before. She couldn't help but be overwhelmingly excited for such a guest, she'd be able to talk to him through the night and he'd get to experience what their music, dance, and food were all like. Watching as he bent at the waist, Esme calmed a bit before feeling her face become warm from his playful gesture. "N-No, you are more than welcome to leave and come back later." She stammered a bit as she placed her own hands behind her back and began towards the exit of the teepee beside him. Outside, the young women were beginning to prepare the evenings dishes while the men finished setting up camp.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The first thought that came to his head was the dainty snow leopard in heavy armor, waddling around the town like an overweight mountain goat. He had to hide his laughter at that. She might take offense. For some reason he felt she wouldn’t, but at the same time, he didn’t know the extent of her. “Oh goodness. Yes, it would be a pain to be a living oven. Perhaps useful, if you shoved some dough behind my breastplate, or if I took it off and used it as an open bakery. I’m just thankful that I can handle the weight and heat, looked upon by Bahamut to remind me to take care of my needs so that I do not faint or grow weary in battle. It is a great honor to wear the armor carved of his generosity and strength. I will be sure to show you it tonight, and perhaps you can show me yours too. Armor represents a person, in my opinion. What they adorn themselves with in the heat of conflict will show what the prioritize, and what they will defend.” He cocked his head a bit as he gazed down at her, a gentle smile grazing his muzzle. “A vain adventurer may cover themselves in trinkets they have gathered from the fallen, to boast of their glory and show “who is boss”. But a humble beast will have simple armor, just enough to keep them alive to defend themselves and others. I cannot say I am either. I wish I were a more humble being, but alas I represent a power higher than me, and must respect his watch of me. All that being said, your armor will provide me with an insight into who you are, just as this camp and your creations have.” His words tied into his next, his feet shifting on the tough bison rug as the background noises bled into each other. “That also helps my bias for races that enter these lands. There are some races that will always be in vain, or will always take the fall for their comrades. In my very limited experience with you folk, I have learned that you do not seek to undermine others. I have only known two full catfolk and tabaxi in my lifetime, but I would not speak down on them without reason. As Tarjinn of Ivoryfang, I will serve my strength to you and your caravan for as long as you remain here.” At the end of his words, he couldn't help but notice the tint of orange that settled over her fur. He hadn’t even seen the sun set. His amber eyes would likely soon match the dusk sun by the time they exited the tent. Perhaps Suu would like that feature. His leathers groaned as he stretched out his arms, swinging one over his shoulder to pull it a bit before he rested them at his sides. Was he really that worn from the crates and commotion? He must take some time to work out his muscles to keep them from being so agitated at simple work, especially if in a week he would be helping the caravan pack up and move along on their path. His smile stayed as he gazed down at her, stepping closer to lean over and peek out the teepee entrance. He could hear that the festivities were already beginning to unfold. “Suu will have a fulfilling lesson by balancing her own money. With the right training, she could make more money for your group by knowing the ins and outs of the market, or perhaps fund her own journey across the globe we call our home.” He flashed Esme a grin. “Maybe take along little nonsense cub too. I would love to see that story in a letter in the future.” Chuckling softly, he stepped out into the sunlight, basking in the small bit of heat that paired with the cooling air breeze. The perfect weather. “Suu will be a wonderful addition to the household, and I shall make her room one deserving of a decade earner. I won’t let her forget it so easily. We can all spend a short time together enjoying the company of one another, and you and I can discuss everything we can until we cannot speak another word. It will be a night I need, to be frank. Guests provide my house with a warmth it normally does not feel with just a fireplace.” He listened to the symphonies for a while, the music floating to his ears and flowing through his mind. It brought a...a fullness to him. This night would be good indeed. Good for his soul, for his social needs, for...well, just for him. And others would likely need to hear it too. He followed her a step as she was one step ahead, keeping that music in the back of his head. “Wonderful. I will return with a prepared house ready for your arrival, and a heart full of song. I look forward to celebrating with you all. It’s a great way to kick off your arrival here! I can’t wait to see what all is in store.” There would be much to be seen, he was sure. It would be a night for him to remember most of all. He would make sure of it.

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Quote :
Esme

Catching the corners of the Dragonborn's mouth twitch in an upward fashion as if holding back his amusement, the Snow Leopard couldn't help but grin. If he was as creative and imaginative as her people, he was probably thinking about how amusing that sight had to be, a cat as dainty as she in a suit of armor. Soon enough, Tarjinn was cracking a joke about his own armor difficulties, finding quite the amusement in the mental image her mind developed, Esme covered her mouth as a giggle escaped her lips. "That would be quite a sight." She responded after removing her hand from her lips, "Nothing like baking your own meal while on the job." She jested along with him as her giggles turning to chuckles. Resting her hands back in front of her waist, the feline nodded her head as her amusement began to subside, "Yes, you were greatly blessed in that aspect and I would enjoy that... " she told him with a warm smile on her cat maw. Continuing to listen to his insight on reading one's armor Esme felt a grin pulling at her lips, "Then I will let you be the judge of my character than in regards to my armor." She told him as her eyes fell towards the falling sun in the distance, it's orange light kissing her pelt. She liked his ways of thinking, analyzing one's armor... it was true, you could guess one's character by what they shroud themselves in or at least for the most part. Smiling more warmly now, the she-cat chuckle lightly, "Tarjinn, you are more humble then you realize I'm afraid." She told him outright, "I believe those who wear armor which is to represent and respect their god are the most humble of them all. Your armor isn't worn simply to boast about your achievements or to enhance your masculine appeal, it's for your god's eyes so they can see who you are and who you're becoming for the sake of the world we live in." she told him, pausing for a moment still wearing her sweet smile, Esme began again "Thank you, most of us are kind and wouldn't do anything to disrupt the balance... however there are those that falter." she made sure to note as she returned her gaze to his scaly hide. Upon his mentioning of being at her people's service, Esme again nodded her head in acceptance of his offer, "I can't thank you enough for that either, Tarjinn. We greatly appreciate your help." with her eyes softened and the fading sun dancing over her pelt Esme returned her blues to the outer world before lifting the teepee flap with her left arm and stepping out. While her companion stretched, the woman took in the sounds of her people, their voices, music, laughter... Once again the Dragonborn's voice cut through the growing excitement, "Yes, I believe she will as well." Chuckling a bit, " I can't see her leaving on a world journey without him... " She chimed in before muttering, "That would be a letter I'd look forward to as well." She agreed with him as she then began to listen to him talk about their stay within his home. "She would enjoy that, and I believe this will be a wonderful learning experience for all of us." She stated as she took a few steps away from the Teepee, though the female wanted to express that he didn't have to decorate a room specifically for Suu for her decade of life, but she also knew that if she'd told him he didn't have to he'd insist, there was so much kindness in one soul. The dragonic male then began to speak about having them over, which made her feel as though they were a family, clearly, they weren't, but he almost sounded like a father excited about his own daughter's life celebration, it was cute. Smiling with a softer look in her eyes, she found her cheeks getting warm. With that being said the man fell silent as they both listened to the songs of her people take root. Before long Tarjinn said his goodbyes for the time being, "Yes, I am looking forward to it as well. There will be a lot for you to experience and learn this evening." She shared before lifting her hand as if to wave goodbye, however, her hand didn't move in a side to side motion it simply stayed still in the air for a moment before falling back to her waist. Her blue hues lingered on his figured for a while, before she turned to help her fellow Catfolk out with the preparations for the festivities.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Baking his own meal, that would very well be the most amusing circumstance he would have been involved in. Perhaps he would have to test the theory that week, find a way to bake some biscuits on his breastplate and serve them to her just to see her reaction. It would be priceless. At least the biscuits would turn out edible...hopefully. He looked down to her with a chuckle, before a sharp brow of his rose at her next words. He wouldn’t expect himself to be viewed as completely humble by anyone outside himself. However, Esme seemed to respect the designs of his god on his armor, despite her never even seeing it. He appreciated that fact, that she would trust him and put him a good light even if he wasn’t the perfect Dragonborn male. He had much to improve on himself, and a much longer life to live to make a world fitting for Bahamut to bless. “I thank you for the high praise. I hope others, especially other paladins and Dragonborn, will come to the light and discover that life is much more fulfilling when they serve others, rather than themselves. Giving will always outweigh receiving, in all ways.” He smiled brightly down at her, his breathing causing his scales to shimmer in the dimming sunlight. They both seemed to match in this atmosphere, the overlay of oranges and yellows against their white hides. It amused him to be a pelt pair. She mentioned the letter of Suu, and how the cub traveling would also amuse her. He was a tad relieved that she agreed with him. He didn’t know how that would play off, but it seemed that she caught onto the joke of the situation between the two young cubs. Hopefully he would be able to see the two together in the future, despite him not even meeting them face to face yet. He had a thousand different images for what they could appear like. “It will be a great opportunity for all of us. Sharing lore, history, stories; it will be quite the evening and evenings ahead of us. I can’t wait to welcome you all into my home.” He stepped away, though watched as she raised a paw. He expected it to sway, but it stayed put. Hmm. It seemed that was yet another thing he did not know fully of the tabaxi and catfolk. Deciding to be more polite, he lifted his hand in return, a temporary farewell to match hers. He would be back to the festivities in no time. Within a few minutes, the music had softened, and he went back to the tavern, picking up his armor and donning it before he cast his mount spell and trotted into the woods, beyond to where his manor laid undisturbed and at peace.

He was not surprised to hear little commotion as he walked in, taking off the armor that had drained his energy to place on the armor stand near the front doors off to the left. Looking around, he let out a deep sigh that almost seemed to rattle his bones. The entire interior was designed of marble with oak wood accents, the stairs extending into the lobby curving one either side to the main area upstairs. The left contained a spacious dining room, fit for at least six people to comfortably dine in, windows cascading down the left side. Beyond the dining room further in laid a kitchen stocked and prepared for guests, cleaned by the couple of servants that attended the household but mostly only visited once or twice a week. The main living area took up the back of the downstairs, a wide area complete with windows across the back, an assortment of couches and chairs, a marble stone fireplace on the right wall, and various coffee tables or small endtables for whatever needed. To the right from the foyer, a study area was closed off with filigree glass doors, within laying an office that contained a modest desk, a leather chair, and a towering bookcase against the far wall. It was lit with the large window facing the front of the house, and papers and artifacts were spread across the desk and around the room itself. The wall closed off beyond that, but behind the stairs it opened to the rest of the house, with another table placed to house more guests or to keep it separate from meals. Tarjinn yawned as he began to go up the left staircase, prepared to call for his retainers when he heard their voices echoing down the hall. It wasn’t long until they appeared at the top of the stairs, a pair of Dragonborns. A male and a female, black and copper respectively as they stopped their chatter to view the house holder below them.

“Tarjinn! Hey there, uh, we weren’t expecting you back,” the male explained, rubbing the back of his neck that was covered by dreads of thick raven hair. “We were just messing around. But we will get everything back in order.” He laughed nervously, though the paladin noticed something rather off.

“I would suggest that you at least put a shirt on,” he replied smoothly, causing the other man to stutter with surprise. “I don’t mind when we are alone, but we have guests arriving tonight and I want you all on your best behaviour. Especially you, Bhakris. We have three catfolk and tabaxi coming tonight - a young lady, a cub, and a pregnant mother. That means I expect only the best from you.” The white male climbed a few more steps. “The guest room needs the sheets washed, as well as dusting. The young woman and the cub are likely to stay in there. Try to find those old Bahamut figures I had, and place them around the room. I’m sure you know how to place decor. Make it child friendly. I will check your work after; you only have half an hour. The sheets can dry and you can put them on while I am gone. I have a celebration for the cub that I must attend.” Looking to the copper dragonness as he reached the top, he tilted his head. “I am putting you in charge of making sure it gets done, Thavyre. And by all means, please do not get acid anywhere! If I find that you’ve ruined a necessary pillow or have melted a window, you’ll be sent to the tavern. I must go clean my room for the pregnant female. Am I all clear?” He extended his hands to the both of them, and after the moment, they reluctantly agreed, shaking his hands. “Agreed,” they mumbled, before scurrying off to their duties. Trailing after them, Tarjinn found himself before his squire’s door and knocked, though was surprised to see that he was actually home, and was soon staring at a younger white dragonborn, thick dreads like Bhakris’ down his neck and back. He seemed to be offput by the interruption, but smiled nonetheless. “Oh, hello. I was just finishing my sunset prayers.” He gestured behind him into the room. “Apologies for not greeting you. Is there something you need?”

“Well for one, I am proud of you for keeping your prayer schedule. Secondly, yes, there is. I need help to prepare my room for our three guests tonight.” Tarjinn filled him in on the details. “It is crucial that I get this done first.” The younger male gave him a curious look however, crossing his arms loosely over his chest.

“Where will you stay, then? It is difficult to find a bed suitable for our size, and one tiny cat woman doesn’t need a full sized bed. Perhaps she would be better suited in the room up here? Definitely not ‘those two’’s room, but I can offer mine to one of them.”

“As much as I appreciate the offer, you are only twenty. I will neither offer it to the young woman or the kitten, for obvious reasons that I will state anyways. You don’t need a stranger female to be sleeping in your bed, empty for her or not. Secondly, a kitten does not belong in an adult’s room if it can be helped.” The larger male chuckled, patting him on the shoulder. “You have much to learn still. But I will appreciate your kindness of offering your room, and I know you mean no harm. Just beware that it will likely not be taken up until you snag yourself a wife.” He turned and began to head the other way, gesturing for the man to follow him. “Come on, we have work to do.”

Half an hour passed in a flash, and soon enough Tarjinn was back out the door, adorned in fancier yet more casual clothes for the evening. A darker blue laced medieval shirt covered his chest, a black leather belt slung across the waist and a pair of leather breeches down from there. He kept his feet bare, due to their unique scaling, and he wore no jewelry, but he was comfortable for a night of dancing and celebrations. His holy emblem stayed in his pocket however, to use as a comfort for prayers as well as a focus for his spells. His retainers and squire would continue to uphold the house while he was gone; he just hoped it would all go well. He summoned his mount and began his ride again, desummoning it when he was within hearing range of the festivities. It seemed that the party had only gotten louder than he had left. He strolled through the dirt path and gazed at everything set up, though could not find Esme for the life of him. Not wanting to be impolite or barge in, he leaned on a nearby post, his eyes scanning the crowd as his hands were shoved neatly into his pockets. Hopefully he would find her soon. He only knew four catfolk here, anyways. Sighing out a puff of cold air from his nostrils, he kept his eyes peeled, but let the music roll its way through him, allowing himself to enjoy it as something to listen to as time passed. What all was in store for him that evening?
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Quote :
Esme

As soon as Tarjinn faded around the corner Esme felt a hand take its place upon her shoulder. With a twitch of her ears, the feline turned her head to the right to see just who it was. "Mate, he's been gone for some time now." with a slightly cold stare rolling over her face she knew just who it was without seeing his face, that cocky attitude and accent...it was Ovarr... Whirling around as she brushed his hand from her shoulder the woman gritted her teeth and smacked his arm. "Stop with your nonsense!" She barked at him as her face began to burn. "I was not lingering! He honestly just rounded that corner... I was only being polite!" She continued to stand her ground all the while Ovarr was chuckling up a storm. "Whatever you say, sheila." He chuckled not caring about her blow to his arm. Allowing his amused laughter to die down as Esme's facial expression grew more embarrassed, the cougar male motioned for her to follow him, "We need to finish the other teepees before tonight's celebration" Nodding her head as she slowly got ahold of herself, the snow leopard quickly followed after him. "We have one left to finish, correct?" she asked him curiously, "Yeah, just the one to the right of the Chief's quarters," he confirmed as they arrived where the supplies were left. Picking up rolls of leather and fur, the two of them quickly began working to finish the last Teepee, of course, with the help of the others.

Altogether, there was only three Teepees, one rather large one, and two smaller ones. In the center was the Cheif's chambers while on either side a few foot lengths back were the other two. Within these large "tents" the ground was lined with animal hides and handmade sleeping bags. in the center, a small fire pit encircled with about six large rocks. The fur's on the ground were kept a good foot away or more from the edge of the fire pit to keep disaster from befalling the caravan. There was nothing fancy or different about the temporary structures aside from the array of different furs within and the small dreamcatchers which hung from the large wooden beams. Outside, in front of the sleeping quarters, there was a well-built fire, and an array of different fur hides laid about in a large circle for sitting purposes. Over the fire, a large boar was roasting in the heat of the flames. Just a short distance below the heavfy animal was a cast iron pot which contained potatoes, carrots, onions, and more along with smaller game meats inside caressed by broth made from the meats and veggies which were boiled inside the water envoloping them.

By the time Ovarr, Esme, and a few of the other catfolk finished up the last structure the rest of the caravan had finished up their food preperations and were getting themselves ready for the celebration. "Ovarr, I need to go get Suu ready for tonight, make sure the other males get themselves cleaned up... We will have a guest tonight we don't need them falling over dead from some raw feline odor." She teased him a smirk on her lips, Ovarr laughed, "Ay, Sheliah, I'll make sure these blokes don't smell of a hog wallow when they rush out to dance with ya's" he mused at the thought before turning from the snow leopard and ushering his mates off to clean up.

Stepping away from the finished tent behind her, Esme watched as Suu Giddily looked through a basket full of brightly colored materials complete with small coin like midalions that jingled as shook. Pulling out sky blues, pinks, purples, and green fabrics the cub was clearly contemplate which color she liked best against her light brown coat. "How about we go bath before we examine each and every dress." She told her with a warm smile on her face. Jumping with suprise, Suu lifted her head up to meet the blue gaze of the woman she looked up to, "Esme!" She chimed as she quickly dropped the fabrics back into the basket and jumped up to give the feline a hug. For a moment, the leopard squeezed the cub tightly in her arms enjoying the sweet affection the child loved to shower her with. Pulling away as she made sure the cub was firmly on the ground, the she-cat took hold of the kittens hand before  leading her into the teepee on the right hand side of the Chief's sleeping quarters. Inside this tent, the females of the group had set up a bathing station. As soon as the tent was entered, on the left hand side there was a large wooden barrow filled with slightly warm water. Each cat had their own bucket or cup which they used to dip out the water they needed to properly bath, it was the cleaner option rather then bathing in a barrow that five other females had already bathed themselves in. However, this idea of sponge bathing wasn't something Esme was very keen on. Glancing down to Suu which was ready to get cleaned up and excited for her dress, the woman leaned down to her kitten companion, "How about we go bath... some where else." She offered causing the cub to perk her ears with excitment and curiosity, "But, where would we go, Es?" She asked her with a slight tilt of her little head. The twenty-three year old had spotted a rather clean looking water source just off the road outside the village. Sure it was getting dark but she knew nothing would come that close to the village not this early into the evening. Picking up the cub with a slight toss in the air, the she-cat caught her and giggled, "You'll see!" She said with a chuckle a twinkle in eyes.

Nearly thirty minutes had passed before the two of them returned home, the other she-cats were all dressed in their festive clothing, Rorran even. The tabby sported a salmon colored indian like gown the hem was lined with the same jingling coin like pieces, "Where did the two of you go?!" Rorran demanded an answer as her little foot furiously tapped against the packed soil. "Easy, Rorran, I took Suu to a small pond not that far from here." She informed her, "And you didn't take me!?" the small grey tabby pouted, clearly she wasn't upset over them leaving in the early hours of the night but more so about them getting a full bath rather then a rag wash. Feeling a bit regretfull for not taking the pregnant mother along, Esme began rubbing the back of her neck, "Ah, sorry Rorran, I'll take you next time." She said before spotting the Dragonborn off in the distance, he was just arriving and hadn't seen her yet. It was a good thing too, she wasn't exactly dressed in acceptable attire for a celebration. Seeing the light brighten in the snow leopards eyes, Rorran couldn't help but grin as she trailed them to the source, "You two need to get ready now hurry!" She said with a giggle as she shooed them off. Starting towards the white scaly man, the pregnant she-cat was surprised to be intercepted by Kova. He was a large black and brown spoted male, like a ocelot however his build and stature was more that of a tigers, if it wasn't for his mixed blood, the male would have been taller then Bane by a few inches however, her was actually two inches, if not more, shorter then Esme. "K-Kova? W-what were you- " the little cat began the questioning first before the normally silent male cut her off. "Nothing adnormal, it's not safe for females to wonder the streets of a night... I was only following orders from Bane." He quickly spoke before walking passed the cat which ended their small conversation. "O-Oh." The female said as she watched the gloomy figure fad away into Bane's quarters. Kova was the lions right hand, he followed the males every whim and he never stepped out of line. If there was an issue that needed resolved, the ocelot cross was normally the first at the scene. Continuing her little journey over to Tarjinn, Rorran smiled up at the dragon as she slowly made it to him. Behind her was those playing the lute, drums, and other hand made instruments. The sound of laughter and feet tapping agasint the soil as the dancing began, "You've made it! and you're looking rather dressed up." She said with a smile up to the large draconic lad. "Esme and Suu will be out soon... You're more then welcome to come and sit at the fire." the little tabby suggested.

In the mean time, the snow leopard helped dress the little lynx in her festive attire. The ten year old settled on a light blue fabric which hugged her little waist and flared out at the bottom. Both the skirt and top which were wrapped about her was decorated in coin like medallions which jingled with ever step. On these little coins, each of the catfolk's gods were pressed into the metal. Adding the final touches, Esme gently added the tradition facial paint to the cubs forehead, and under her eyes, as well as, she weaved a few feathers and flower heads into the length of some of her fur just along the base of her ear. The paint was a white creamy color, making it stand out against the cubs natural dark tone fur and the feathers were a mixture of whites, and blues from the native birds and the flowers were those which were currently in season. After she had finished, the feline then readied herself for the celebration. Dressing her self in a deep red colored two piece, the skirt of the dress again had similar slits down the hips as her previous every day clothing. Along her waist a sash was placed, which was connected to the skirt and helped hold it up.  Where the two ends came together, a large medallion of their main god was center pieced at her waist. The medallion was decorated with feathers while smaller medallions stemmed out from either side of it. These's little coins on little chains draped over the large slits across both of her hips and thighs filling in some of the open space. Her top was also done up in a similar fashion, the fabric covered her chest and wrapped over either shoulder leaving her stomach completely exposed. Just below her breast in the center, two long chains of coins draped down and to the back of her top, two more strands like these were drape in a similar fashion however shorter then the last. She then put her face paint on, under each of her eyes were three small dots, each slightly bigger then the next. on her forehead, there was a symble which was painted in red. The symbol looked to be a rising sun with a cresent moon caressing the bottom of it. Finishing her face paint, the feline then put her head dress on. The head pieces was crafted with jewels which hung on to one another like a necklace, three strands on either side came together at her forhead which was bound together by a ruby stone which sat over the rising sun and moon symbol on her forehead. Lastly, along the base of her ears were three flowers, the first was large while the other two were slightly smaller then the next, just like the red dots underneath her eyes. With that, the snow leopard was ready for the celebration. Taking a look at her relfection in a small bucket of water, the feline felt way over dressed however this was tradition, you'd think she'd be use to it by now. Pulling back the leather made door, the women stepped out into the moon lit night, her clean white fur nearly glowing unde the rays of the moon. Eache piece of mental which draped over her body shimmered in the light of the night. For a moment, those chating and chuckling amongst them selves had paused as their eyes fell on her.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn found himself sucked away in the music rather quickly as he leaned against the wooden post, taking in the delicious smells that wafted in from the party beyond. Though he couldn’t see every festivity being held, he could certainly see some of the catfolk and tabaxi walking past, in various outfits that dangled from everywhere and jingled with each step. Though he was not one to ogle, he did find himself being curious in the clothing and fabric choices. Each color seemed to directly correlate with the fur of whoever wore it, as though being carefully chosen with a methodical reasoning. Was all of this really for little Suu, the lynx cub he would be meeting? It was a much bigger event than he was expecting. Did they do this for each cub that reached a new year of age? Were that few cubs in their caravan, in their livelihoods? It was a somber thought, he had to admit, but he brushed the thoughts aside. This was an event to be celebrated and held above others. He would participate in it no matter what. Adjusting his weight from one foot to the other, he felt a warm breeze brush against his clothes, providing a small bit of warmth in the average evening. If he went closer to the group, he would likely feel the burning heat from the fire that he could see off in the distance. But staying here until he deemed it necessary, or until he was called, was content for him. Intruding would be the exact opposite of the impact he wanted to make. Hands still casually in his pockets, he was alerted by a loud bellow, and glanced to his left to see a mule exiting around the corner from one of the buildings. He would have questioned it, had he not seen the mouse that sat atop it, strumming an indistinguishable tune as he sang alongside the occasional braying of the larger mammal. What was he doing out so late? “Dimitri? Where are you headed to at this time of night?”

The nousefolk looked to him and paused in his playing, before grinning and waving a greeting. “Hello Tar! I’m off to join the festivities!” Patting the shoulder of the donkey that he laid against the neck of, he laughed gleefully. “No better time to join a band, as I say! I can test out my skills and offer my introduction.” The end of his long and hairless pink tail twitched back and forth, lazily draped down the side of his mount,

Tarjinn couldn’t help but grin a bit with his large canines. “You do know the tales of catfolk that will snap at your every move, don’t you? Mellow was eager to add to that chunk missing from your ear - I wouldn’t tempt these folk. Who knows what they would do to someone so little?” He was teasing of course, but he did have that tinge of worry. Would they intimidate little Dimitri? Or would they be the bullies to push him from the group? He couldn’t tell just yet of what would happen, but at least the two foot tall mouse had chosen a worthy mount to protect him. “Just keep your wits about you, and don’t get too carried away in the music.”

“You preach as though you are the pastor of this town! I can hold myself up, Tar-tar. Even if they try to fight me, I’ve got my mighty lute on my side, and my trusty Bartholomew! I will be alright. Come on and join me!” Letting out another laugh, he shook his head before beginning to play his instrument again, his mule kicking up dust as he made his way through the town and over to where the celebration was.

The dragonborn watched astounded, before sighing and shaking his head. Typical little mouse. There was no controlling such a rambunctious being, but he still stayed concerned. He was known both for his music and for his gossip, which was not a perfect situation but nothing could be done for it. Dimitri could face his issues just fine, despite his small size. Yawning, he looked around nonchalantly before he noticed a rather familiar being approach him, similar in size to the mousefolk that just approached. A smile came to his face practically instantly, and he gazed down at the tabby cat, bowing his head once in acknowledgement of her greeting. “I did! I wouldn’t miss his for the world. And you think so?” He looked down to what he wore. It was very basic compared to the outfits he had seen from the cats all evening, even from the expectant mother before him. At least she found his outfit acceptable - he had heard that pregnancy made females snappier and more prone to sharing their exact thoughts. Not like he was about to shove that assumption on Rorran though, as if Esme could trust her, so could he. “I’m glad I am good enough for the occasion. But that sounds great, thank you! I’m looking forward to meeting Suu, I’ve heard about her from Esme and want to see her for myself. If being by the fire helps me see them sooner, I would be glad to go, if you will escort me?” He raised a brow, grinning on one side of his mouth. “I would escort you myself, but as you can see, I couldn’t quite fit your arm through mine, could I? And I doubt carrying you on my shoulder would be a pleasant experience.” He couldn’t help but laugh softly, pushing himself off the post and standing straighter as he continued to watch the tabby woman.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Quote :
Esme

Of course, the paused chatter had lasted all of a few seconds. Hearing the flap of the main tent flip open, the decorated snow leopard looked to her right to see Bane stepping out. He was dressed in loose-fitting pants that were a white in color along with a brightly colored form fitting overcoat which fell to about his waist before splitting and slightly flaring out to the sides before stopping at his hips. The overshirt was a bright yellow-orange color which was decorated in different intricate patterns that were all hand embroidered into the material using a deep burgundy thread. Over the top of this piece, there was another coat of sorts, however, this part had long hanging sleeves which nearly touched the ground. It too was colored in bright yellow and orange with the accent of Burgundy playing into its sleeves as more delicate patterns traveled through the attire. Around his waist, a burgundy cloth belt was tied which held the same religious emblem of the catfolk that Esme had, this helped hold the majority of the attire in place. Lastly, over his shoulders, a loose sash was draped which also sported the deep red coloration. Upon the chiefs forehead the same symbols had been painted, however, the sun and moon's positioning had been flipped. Upon further inspection, those who were looking would find that the symbols were related to the catfolk's gods of the sun and moon, Savitr and Mawu. While the yellow and orange colors of his attire resembled the sun and its golden rays, Esme's red two-piece dress resembled the suns reflection upon the pale moon surface. Looking at the female, Bane tipped his head giving her a gentle smile before returning his gaze to his people. Smiling, Esme also looked to the catfolk before them, as well as, the townspeople which were slowly gathering to enjoy the festivities. Within the crowd, the young woman spotted the female who was to be the vessel of their goddess of nature, Aja. The cat herself was brown in coloration with a creamy colored underbelly, she sported small black spots on her body, with larger print on her arms and legs and the tips of her ears were black with bits of long fur sticking up with a short tail. This felines name was Mrran, she was adorned in different shades of green, her dress fashioned similarly to Esme's, however, the top was connected to the skirt by a wrapped section of light green fabric that covered her stomach at a diagonal and wrapped over her right shoulder and chest. Embellishing her arms, wrists, and neck were two sheer pieces of light green material which hung from golden bracelet like hoops. These sought after metals were also decorated in emerald stones as well as the rest of the female's accessories. This cat was in fact much more bejeweled compared to the others within the caravan, including Esme. Pulling her eyes away from the overly garnished female, the leopard began to wonder who was playing the God of water this year?

These sort of celebrations were always somewhat impromptu unless it was for a mating ritual or something of greater significance. So, the fact that she had no clue who was the last god on the outer ring was of no surprise. Stepping away from the tent as Bane did, Esme made her way towards the campfire, head held high as the opening dance began to roll into action. As the two made the short walk towards the fire, Bane smiled warmly towards the young female beside him, "Are you ready?" He asked her with a slight twitch of his lion ear. "Yes, as ready as I'll ever be... I've been practicing with Ovar here and there." Continuing his gentle gaze, the male chuckled softly as he returned his eyes towards the whipping flames of the fire and excited folk before them. "What about Kova... He was supposed to teach you." He informed her as they paused a few feet from the blaze and heat. "That man is too prideful to dance with a woman nearly a head taller than he." She told him as she rolled her eyes and laughed. With that being said those who were sitting nearest to the fire stood and stepped back, clearing the way for the festive dance which was about to take place. As a large circle took shape, Bane placed his hands behind his back before speaking aloud to their audience. The music died down to a low roar so the man could be heard. During that time, the Chief thanked all for gathering to enjoy the festive event for one of their own.

While the Chief gave his thanks to the people of the village, Esme's eyes searched for the Dragonborn. She was eager to see him again, to speak to him, and to share her knowledge with him about everything regarding their people. With her eyes shifting from one location to the next, the leopard finally found the large dragonic male as he walked through the darkness illuminated by the fire. Unable to see who he was with, she assumed it was Rorran, she was rather short and it would explain why he was looking down rather than up and forward.
By the time the female returned her gaze to the scene before her, it was time to get into place and begin the opening dance for the evening. Stepping to the opposite side of the fire, the she-cat began to mirror Bane's body movements except with a more feminine appeal. Stepping backward away from the fire, Esme's hips swayed from side to side before she quickly turned her body to the sideways. Smoothly, the feline slid her right leg out beside her before slowly and elegantly bowing. Lifting herself back up, the snow leopard then began to spin, the skirt of her attire lifting as she did. With graceful arm movements and foot work, the two danced about the fire before Mrran and Kova finally joined in. The young male was dressed in different shades of blue similar to Bane's clothing style, his attire was tastefully enriched with gems and religious coins as well. The opening dance lasted for a total of three minutes before the rest of the catfolk joined in. Soon those dancing were offering their hands to one another to dance more as couples rather than individuals. It was at this time Esme stepped back to enjoy the dancing of those within the village as well as her own people.

Seeing the smile upon Tarjinn's face, Rorran sent a gleaming smile right back at him before she crossed her little feline feet and did something of a curtsy as she'd caught the slight bow of his head. "Wonderful! Suu will be most pleased to see Esme's Dragonborn has returned for her celebration." She told him before nodding her head, "Yes I do, you look quite handsome in your fine clothes." She complimented him again. Hearing his comment as he came to accept her compliments she giggled and nodded her head, "Yes, she's looking forward to meeting you as well. Esme seems to have told her a lot about you while they cleaned up for the celebration.. the kitten has been chattering nonstop." She told him as a chuckle escaped her feline maw. "Why of course! I wouldn't mind escorting a kind fellow like yourself, Tarjinn." She told him as she gently took hold of his taloned hand before laughing at his statement, "No, that wouldn't turn out well I don't believe, not only would that be uncomfortable and stressful but I believe Ovarr would have a few words with you... He's a bit of a jealous tom." She told him as she began to lead the dragon towards the excitement grinning from ear to ear. About that time the opening dance was beginning, gently nudging their way through the crowd to the best of the tabby's ability, She managed to worm a path open for the two of them. Making it to the front of the audience, Rorran was able to watch the skirt of Esme's firey two piece flip up as she began to spin. Esme was so elegant in her moves yet fierce when needed, from there on the cat watched her friend dance, her hips swaying and body language was so captivating. Watching up until the rest of them were to take part Rorran was beside herself, why hadn't Esme danced before the celebration? She was so natural in her efforts and beautiful to boot...  Shaking her head somewhat the to-be-mother looked up at Tarjinn, "Will you be taking part in the dancing?" She asked him as she tried to meet the gaze of the tall fellow, "If so, you better get out there!" She giggled as she elbowed him.

About that time Suu had also jumped into the dancing crowd with her Tabaxi friend. Dressed in light blue attire, the little girl was lead out into the group of celebrating villagers and catfolk alike by her Tabaxi friend. The lad smiled warmly back at her as he pulled her close and spun her about. He was quite a bit taller then she was, about a head or more, he seemed to be nearly four years older than the kitten but of course that didn't matter in love and friendship.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin
Page 1 of 36Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next