Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Animals Within - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Lythedh;

The tease for being delivered to her room for the evening was taken very seriously to him, considering the situation. He didn't even smile to it. It was so unlike him but the playful comment only sank his heart. It was becoming hard to show the equal sympathies. It was almost as if she was already taken from him, he wasn't sure how to process this whole event, but none of it matter. They had to leave. Somehow. Upon mentioning leaving, Aaliyah placed her forehead against his collar, not looking him in the eye. Meanwhile, he looked ahead, wearing out old thoughts and memories until they lost their unique luster. All that had happened in so much time, was taken in an instant. Atticus held her in an embrace while her words hit his ear, resonating her own insecurities. He's...he's out hunting," she said. The stag furrowed his brow. "Likely not to return until dusk, but...if he caught a scent trail of us, we aren't likely to make it far. We need a more solid plan, to fully escape his tracking. Now that he has me, he's more lenient on my outgoings, but I cannot risk his wrath." His fingers grew cold and a cold tone fell from his lips, so unlike him. "If he caught our scent, I'd pull back and spear that bastard. I'd kill him..." He closed his eyes, lowering his chin. "I'd kill him or by you time..." There was a sickening churn to his gut to the words that left his mouth. His hand tightened to a fist. There was a kindling flame, brought back from the note he was given. "C'mon, we gotta get you out asap. I don't care what we do. I'd be willing to throw myself out there," Atticus's face remained painfully severe and truthful. "The more time we waste the worse this gets..."
Quote :
"I'm not that bad. I'm no Lythedh, at least." She repeated in a mocking voice, clearly making fun of him. Balancing on the handle was difficult when she was first brought into the Estate, but now, it was quick and easy. "Not much of a comedian, but at least I tried. But yes, I would imagine him fussy. He keeps his suits and outfits pristine, if he doesn't get what he wants he throws a fit, so on and so forth. I'd consider that a little catish." Again - cat jokes. He was trying to make them work but it was not going to happen. The stuff about Lythedh was true however, all of it, but it didn't take an Einstein to see it. The sugar glider made sure to put down his jokes. The do as I say, not as I do technique -but the suggestion to head to the stables was quite funny. She immediately burst into laughter. "An ELK headed to the stables!" She folded her ears fluttering back down to the ground. "All you need is the sleigh Rudolph!" She squeaked after her last laugh, taking in a deep breath before she sprung back on his leg and then up to his shoulder. "You are a mount I thought. Why would you need one?" This was ridiculous and the idea was dumb. "But suit yourself."
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:50 pm

The sudden change in Atticus made her almost step back from him. The daggers simply within his statements were nothing she had ever heard him speak, nothing in such a manner of rage. She wasn't sure how she felt about it. After facing Lythedh, she supposed she should be used to it by now. But hearing it from the man before her was something else entirely. And she would do anything to make things how they were before, before the Lord came in between. Wrenching her own feelings back and forth, she took the advance and stepped back once, the cold interior of the room swarming her again until she was lost completely from his warmth. Her mouth opened to speak, as though to deny that they needed to rush, but she stopped herself. He was right. The longer they waited, the tighter the ropes became as the wheels churned. Yet she couldn't see herself leaving and losing him once more. It would be all for nothing, in the end. No matter if she got away without Atticus. Lythedh would pull her right back, and she would never leave the Estate. Pushing these internal notes down deep into her gut, she breathed in, holding her head a little higher as she forced herself to turn to the windows behind her, stepping over to them and crossing her arms over her quivering chest. The sooner they got this out of the way, the sooner things could be normal again. She needed to use his training to her advantage. She needed to be the predator everyone expected her to be. "He's likely to be heading west," she told him over her shoulder, nodding to the sparse trees that grew into a larger and deeper jungle of the tiger's territory. "We can play it off as me showing you the territory for training, out to the east, claiming I would not want to disturb him. Once are far enough, we can run. Who knows if any guards will get on our tail, but at least I have this damn thing to shove my way past them." She pulled her ringed hand closer to her as she pondered its true weight in the events that would unfold. She would deal with the legalities later. Right now, it was a weapon, one that could charge her past the barricades and into who knows where.

Theo's shoulders dropped further at her constant pecking at him. Though, he really shouldn't be surprised, she hadn't acted any differently so far. Shaking his head as though to remove the comments and let them glide down his back and out of sight, he continued his strolling to the building, racking his brain on what his focus exactly was. Now that he was here, almost alone in his plans, he wasn't sure what he was meant to do. He doubted Atticus would need much of his help now, considering he'd been gone for a while. Perhaps it was not a free for all, though they could also be opportunity. He wouldn't know. Glancing back to the sugar glider as she glided over and ran up him again, he huffed, smirking ever so slightly at her outrageous comments. "Who said I needed them for riding?" he remarked, waving a hand. But an idea wafted to his mind, thinking about the possibilities of the mounts ahead. "Lord Lythedh is out hunting. If he wants food, we can give it to him."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Lythedh;

Feeling Aaliyah pull away from him, her support going with it, Atticus threw his chin to the side with a sharp breath out. He stepped back too. And for a long time, she was quiet. She avoided eye contact. And she hadn't said anything. But he hadn't said anything either, and, his rage surprised him too. The difference was right now he agreed with it, the anger was the thing making sense to him. The line in his brows only grew. He refused to look to Aaliyah until she spoke aloud to him, and then his eyes lifted to her. She had been by the window and faced away this time. The leopard told where she supposed the Lord would be hunting. "We can play it off as me showing you the territory for training, out to the east, claiming I would not want to disturb him. Once are far enough, we can run. Who knows if any guards will get on our tail, but at least I have this damn thing to shove my way past them." He felt it was a desperate move. But she seemed in with the idea. He hoped so anyway. Atticus folded his eyes off to the side and he told her, "we could maybe take something to hide our scent as well. If we head to my village we'd be safe..." He touched his chin with his hand. "I also have a friend tagging along...a guard of the palace. He's an elk. I'm sure the three of us can come up with something." With the three of them they at least had a chance of success. "We should leave to retrieve him." He muttered. "When can we leave...?"
Quote :
The wind trailed over her soft and plush form, rolling over it like water. She stuck her small pink nose out into the air while the guard walked, and eyed the passing objects from the corner of her eye. There was a mixed look to her face to what he had said. "Who said I needed them for riding?" Her face contorted. "Uhhh, what else do we use them for?" But the reply was one she had not anticipated and it sent a shiver down to her tail. "Lord Lythedh is out hunting. If he wants food, we can give it to him." A sudden flash of fear came to her eye and she bounded up close to his face, eyes wide. "Maybe you shouldn't, I am pretty sure these guards would notice." If anything was taken from Lord Lythedh it would be her hide she would need to worry about. She was willing to bite for it too. So he was not going to be releasing anything on her behalf. "Wouldn't the mounts run back to the Estate too?" She snapped back. "Wait. I thought herbivores were supposed to be hippies, this is like murder for your kind, right?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Aaliyah's back stayed turned to him, his words drifting in the air that constricted them in this room. She was surprised as any that he had made friends with a guard, but in their circumstance, anybody was useful at this point. A thought came to mind to use him as bait, but she scowled internally. She would not kill anything closely related to Atticus ever again, and she knew this well. No matter the situation, she would starve rather than eat any meat from a kind she cared for. "If we are desperate, we can roll in the decomposition pile out near where scraps are thrown, but I cannot assure you that there will not be a pile of bones." A shiver went through her at the vision of the guards throwing out the leftovers of her mates meal from the night previous. What he had consumed was up to her imagination, and she was sure it was close enough to reality by this point. "I'm sure there's sewage and a river we can wade in nonetheless. We find the elk, and we set out. If you want to get out of here so quickly, then you said it yourself. No time to waste." Her body turned a degree to him, though her eyes focused on the items within the room rather than the stag. "We have time for talking later." Even though she wished things could have waited, it was not an option now. Atticus would not stand to be constrained under Lythedhs power any longer.

"I've seen the most gruesome of murders of my kind, unfathomable torture. Sending unattached horses will not scar me further." Theodemars voice was as heavy as his footsteps, which tredged on, determined to make a plan and put it into action. Anything to help the escape from the tiger was a positive. His head whipped to the glider, even as he couldn't see her well. "If you have any better ideas of keeping him away from the mansion, be my guest. But this is the best plan I have right now. I have two people depending on me. Maybe. But I won't let that prohibit me from finishing it, for my sake or theirs." Nodding as though affirming an agreement with himself, his eyes were back on the wooden and stone building, beginning to walk around trees as he marked just where the Lord had been previous with his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Lythedh;

His hands lingered at his side, the solemn expression stayed on his face as he watched her from a distance. He could almost feel the lingering stare of the guards from behind the door, he was sure they weren't hearing what they were saying but it was hard not to think about it. So many guards were in so many places. "If we are desperate, we can roll in the decomposition pile out near where scraps are thrown, but I cannot assure you that there will not be a pile of bones." The offer was a little strange. "Yes, then he'd just follow the scent of the rotting meat and leftovers. Or..." He thought about the suggestion again when she brought to light a more realistic idea. "I'm sure there's sewage and a river we can wade in nonetheless. We find the elk, and we set out. If you want to get out of here so quickly, then you said it yourself. No time to waste." This was doable. He knew of a river in the direction of his village - which was risky to cross but that was a swell idea. And it would cover their scents well. He was eager to get this underway and as she turned, he took a step back toward the door. Her suggestion for talking later made him nod a response. There would need to be some talking later...that was for sure. He wanted to ask a few things of her. 'But now would not be the appropriate time...' Atticus gestured his head toward the door, walking toward it, knowing he left the guard just outside.
Quote :
The elk excused killing horses saying 'he'd seen worse', sure. Sure he did. Frankly, she didn't care if they died themselves, it was her she was mostly concerned about. Her ears fluttered back against her head as he continued to push the idea. "If you have any better ideas of keeping him away from the mansion, be my guest. But this is the best plan I have right now. I have two people depending on me. Maybe. But I won't let that prohibit me from finishing it, for my sake or theirs." Of course he'd say that! She huffed. There was a squeak pushed out from her lungs as she exhaled."Ohh, oh I see, you're their personal pet too. Look. Why would the tiger hunt his own horses?" She sat up, twitching in a ponder, and her eyes came to the side of his face. Humming, the sugar glider offered up a different proposal. "Maybe dumb stripes would need some more...of a distraction. You could set the kitchen on fire...that would get the guards more interested in the fire than an escape plan. Hehe." Her eyes could picture the scene in all of its burning glory. The more she envisioned it, the more excitable she became. Then all her fear flew out the window. The sugar glider nearly leapt off his shoulders. "Okay okay!" Her eagerness for excitement overcame the hesitancy. She bounded at the opportunity to cause chaos. "Set the horses out into the forest AND set the kitchen on fire! It is a great cover! Perfectly done and no blame would be set on yours truly!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Aaliyah's shoulder faced him as he spoke, feeling as though she were cowering still in a shell of herself. All of this madness was going to fold over on her one of these days, and she would pay the price dearly for disobeying the man that placed her on such a pedestal, to show the world his power and his glory. Without her, he was not as respected, did not hold the title that he was given by his ancestors and predecessors. It was almost sad, in a way, that taking a prisoner and glorifying her for his own gain would cause him so much pain here in her leaving. Not that she cared for him, but the fact that his reputation would plummet was sure to catch up to her someday. Atticus and everyone around them would be choking on the smoke of the downfall. But not today. Her nails dug into the flesh of her arms as she gazed at her stag, her saving grace in the time of destruction. The back of his head read all she needed to know, even though the floods of questioning and curiosity and truth would break through the wall that had been built between them. He did not see her the same way. Even with that glint in his eye as they met once again and the tender touch he gave her, things were sure to stay changed. A different path, now that Lythedh had crossed their boundary. Atticus was determined to break her shackles, but taking the bricks down one by one would surely take time. Holding her head up high in her feigning nobility, she strolled over behind him, crossing her hands in front of her once more as she hid the ring she so desperately wanted to throw into the molten lavas of her despair. Even as it shook, she put on her face, one that would get them out of this jail and out into the freedom they had been longing for for months.

A fire? Theodemar would never think of it. Fire was a cruel master, whipping those who crossed its barriers and consuming all it disapproved. It tortured and bludgeoned memories and love and hope remaining in any who saw it coming. He would not let it destroy any longer, not while he had the upper hand. The rodent did not understand the power the element held, the simple factor of a spark producing a wild discord to anything it touched. It was not something he would even bet his life on, that she or anyone else would survive the panic. His eyes were drawn to the building as he walked up to it, the horse's nickers and greetings catching his attention. Losing them would be a peg off the board, one less resource that the Lord could use against anyone. But utter chaos was something he would never approve. Not when he had experienced it before. "I refuse to have any part in your flames," he suddenly spat in a whisper, jerking his chin over to her. "I will take care of the horses, and you do your bidding. But I will not be the scapegoat for your side of this plan. Fire is not to be tempted on my ground."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Lythedh;

Feeling the gentle eyes of Aaliyah behind him, the stag reached and took a hold of the handle of the door, pulling it to exit the room. He put his mind forward on the task at hand now. Finding Theodemar was the priority. Even though the guard was probably meandering, he hoped he hadn't gone too far. Though the unsure shadow still hung heavy in the back of his mind, much like a parasite, waiting for the opportunity to attack. Atticus didn't look at the guards placed on either side of the doorway. Their pristine armor reflected across his face, displaying the seriousness as he exited with the woman behind him. They were given some confused looks. "Lythedh has given me permission to train her for today," he reminded the guard under his breath. And he headed for the main entrance, chewing on his lip a little.
He exited the main Estate to be met with the sun stretching down to the snow blanketed floor. The weather hadn't changed since he entered. Figures. It was still frigid and uncomfortable in his human form. The cold wind brushed against his face, chilling him. 'Where would the elk be...' Atticus stepped down and passed his eyes from side to side over the other guards. 'Maybe Aaliyah could question the other guards seeing if they'd seen him...' He could do no such thing without being a little bit suspicious.
Quote :
The disapproval did not dim her enthusiasm, even when the guard flat out said not to do it, she had grown more excited. The odor of the equestrian stables put a twist on her face. She never fancied this area of the Estate, it was for the lame, fat, and lazy barn cats. Not for girls like her. She swished her tail with a 'chik chik' and turned to look away. "I will take care of the horses, and you do your bidding. But I will not be the scapegoat for your side of this plan. Fire is not to be tempted on my ground." The sugar glider rolled her eyes without a shred of sympathy. "I don't care. Either way you're involved and I'll have my fun or you're being put under the ax." Raising her little muzzle, she then sprung from the guard's shoulder and flew out toward the same window she had originally used to escape from him. The icy wind was enough to carry her frail form. Just a flash of silver, the sugar glider drifted far off from the stables and landed on the side of the brick walls. Her little hands helped her scale up the wall. Her tail flailed as she did so to keep her balance. Excitement ran through her veins, knowing he would do his thing while she did hers.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 8:55 am

The snow leopard followed her escort, her irises noting each guard and keeping her chin high to keep them in place. Being Lady of the manor had advantages, including having control of the guards. At least, it was assumed so, as they followed Lythedh, who demanded respect for her and their apparent future offspring. Her footsteps padded after Atticus, and once the front doors were swung open, the cold air from the snow and wind hit her and it almost brought a smile on her face. Just being in her natural element was enough to lift her spirits, even in the depths of their imprisonment. She stepped up beside her stag, noting his chill. "You don't have to stay as you are," she murmured, hoping the wind did not carry her words too far past him. Her eyes were trained ahead at the guards and was aware of the two behind her. "I will not let anyone harm you as your shift." Nodding once, the doors were shut, hopefully for the last time they were there. She wasn't sure what she would do about her belongings, but escaping with Atticus was her main priority. Everything else was materialistic and pointless. Besides, taking anything would reveal that she was going somewhere, and the staff would certainly pick up on such. Sighing out a long breath, the cloud swirled and was swept away in the breeze, one of many to be had. She did not see an elk, and any scents were drowned in the snow. His scent would be unfamiliar anyways, as she was not acquainted with hunting that species. The only thing she would ever be able to track was the red deer beside her. But at her observation, she noticed tracks that lead across the snow-covered stone pathway from the doors to the gate, crossing it and leading further beyond. She stepped forward, and saw footprints that were almost the same as the guards' own footprints at the Estate. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing just yet.

Theodemar huffed as the little glider flew away from his shoulder, heading back to the kitchen. Such a pest. Then again, she was practically made to be an annoyance. Turning his head, he walked down the stable paths, greeting any horse that would give him attention. He was aware of the stable hands and guards watching him, but perhaps he could get away with taking one or two of the horses. A story would be needed though, and that was practically impossible without proof of any kind. His thoughts swarmed as he wondered just where the tiger would be anyways. The horses would not know, but if he were a tiger, it was likely they would be startled and stay their distance. He could not tie them anywhere either, or it would seem like it was too placed. Damn, he was not qualified for this task. His adrenaline was running slim now, as the logic of all of this was rushing to him. But taking a step, he asked a stable hand for a mount to patrol the outer borders of the territory, and luckily, a guard nearby seemed to hear as he moved closer, his eyes trained to the other guard as he began to saddle the horse, seeming like a casual patrol setup.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Gently having his hands in his pockets, acting too stubborn to shift even for the pleasure of avoiding the cold. The woman's voice carried into his ear, softened by the intent of her words. "I will not let anyone harm you as your shift." Taking heed of the suggestion, Atticus threw the idea aside and let it slip away as his expression had. He had no intention of shifting here. He was sick and tired of it. Of all of this. Metallic blue irises rolled to the side he strolled from the Estate's main entrance, attending to finding the elk, his eyes panned to the ground. He found the set of tracks Theodemar had from earlier lingering in the snow. He figured the best way to find him then would be trace it back to him. A cloud fell from his lips as the stag exhaled amidst the icy cold. He dipped his chin and walked after them.
Quote :
Weaving up the brick wall was a piece of cake, as was climbing back onto the window ledge and squeezing in through the crack in between. The smile on her face was nearly contagious. The sugar glider could scent the newly baked goods and various meats to serve, all for the taking. She rubbed her little hands together, glancing from one side of the room to the other. Pouncing down to a bag of potatoes in the isles of food storage, she bounced all the way to the floor, then she scurried off toward the kitchen itself.
The sugar glider came back with a matchbox clutched in her hands - which she snuck out from the kitchen. And she set it aside while she dove into the bags of flour in the back isle. Her teeth dug at the bags, poking holes in them to spill its contents out across the floor. "Squee, then I can spill the cooking wine and BOOM!" Laughing, spitting out flour, she went one by one through all the flour bags. Her rodent jaws made easy work of it.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 pm

The simple act of ignoring her words made Aaliyah's mood drop just a bit. He would travel quicker and be warmer, but it seemed he was going to be stuck up about it. She supposed she should give him some lenience. The predators had picked and prodded at him, especially Lythedh, who she knew mocked Atticus all throughout dinner. But it would be more satisfactory for him to simply shift. They were running away anyways. Shaking her head, she shifted herself, walking straight ahead or the stag as she followed beside the footsteps in the deeper snow. It was hard to walk in the weather with her heels, and impossible in this thick of it. Her muzzle trailed low to the trail, trying to pick up on any scent left. It would be useful. Her ears kept Atticus in her radar, tracking him at the same time.

Theo pet the horses as they were being tacked, glancing every so often to the Estate beyond the trees. Any minute, there would be the roar of flamed, the screaming of staff and the clank of armor rushing to put it out. It made him wince just to imagine it. As long as nobody was hurt. This may have been a suicide mission, but not a homicide. His boot tapped impatiently on the ground, as though eager to get to his patrol, and the stable hand caught note of this and began to do his best to go faster.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Now with a leopard beside him, Atticus lowered his chin as he casually meandered in the snow. His eyes peeled at any signs of tracks beside the elk's. The dusting of the snowflakes against his shoulders cooled his nerves enough for him to breath easy, a little. Aaliyah was focused on the task as well, and he followed the trail up with his eyes until they came upon the stables. 'Why would he be in there,' he wondered, eyeing the distant equestrian stable. 'Huh...I mean it could be someone else but...odd.' Frankly, he hoped Theodemar was inside so they could get on with this.
Quote :
Trails upon trails of flour soaked up the ground, covering the floor with white powder and little rodent paws. The sugar glider was backed behind the bottled of cooking wine, which she knocked over, onto the bags, and in one piece. This way, the people in the kitchen wouldn't hear their untimely demise. One by one, the wine bottles were knocked onto cushions, then rolled off in separate directions. Her teeth made quick work of the caps fastened in the bottles, which she cut into, then dragged the wine off to pour a trail of it from the flour into the kitchen. The small stream was looped around the kitchen, going unnoticed by the shouting of chefs and bustling of the kitchen crew. It was weaved under the stoves, anything that could be used to combust. All twelve bottles of wine were used to ensnare the kitchen. Then douse the storage area. This whole place was scheduled to go down in flames. The sweet sugar glider hopped from under a countertop, then weaseled her way back into the storage room to be met with her matches. Clinging to them with excitement, her big black eyes suddenly flashed. The food storage was opened by someone. A chef made his way into the room. He was simply aghast by the caked powder and spilt wine all along the floor, the walls, and the large racks for supplies. "What the f..." It was absolute bewilderment in his voice. The small rodent hopped up three layers of the shelves, sitting up as the chef turned his head. His eyes met her. When they did, she gave a despicable grin, holding the matchbox in her wee hands for him to see. "What's cookin?" She backed up, stepping onto the window ledge, then striking the match against the matchbox. The dancing glow of red lit up her face. The scent of smoke brought fear into his face and the chef opened his mouth to yell a warning.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Aaliyah's ears pricked forward to scope the area up ahead as the footsteps lead to the stables between the trees. Hmm, odd place to be. Maybe he wanted to visit the horses, or was assigned a post from being a guard. She wouldn't know the answer. Huffing out a cold breath, her tail twitched at the end and she sped up, perambulating with her paw pads up to the creaking, wooden boards of the building, getting a very strong scent of unfamiliarity. Her ears laid back, and she waited for Atticus, staying off to the side of the stable entrance rather than going in. She changed to her human form, lifting her chin to any guard that glanced over so they wouldn't ask questions. Even if she was shivering the slightest bit, she would not set off alarms.

The elk's eyes were stuck on the building, almost feeling the itch of flames crawl over his skin. Piercing through his armor, melting it to his body in agony. The thought made him physically wince and recoil from his gaze, viewing the horses in their stalls down the rows on either side. They certainly had no idea of the direty of the situation. Suddenly, in his periphrial, there seemed to be something black forming, and when he looked over, it was smoke. His heart leaping into his chest, he shouted for the stable hand to hurry, grabbing a saddle that he brought and hoisting it over the blanket of one of the horses before yanking on the straps and mounting. He had to go. Wisps of fabric caught his attention at the stable door, but he had no time to investigate as he grappled the reigns and faced the exit, gesturing for the hands to bring him the other horses quickly. He would not be eaten alive.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

He took some time to glance either direction before making an effort to follow the snow leopard into the stables, catching the odor of the equines. It made him wonder why he was here. It was completely random. But they had to get out asap. Aaliyah turned back into her human shape, covering them as they slipped in. Atticus stepped in and panned his eyes about the dismal structure. The neighing of the horses caressed his ears with their entry. "Theodemar?" He called warily, slipping under the shadow of the roof.
Quote :
As a shout left the chef's lips, the burning match twirled and rolled down to the floor from her rodent fingers. And as soon as the heat struck the powdered floor, it ignited in one sudden 'whoosh'. Everything the flour and wine touched became engulfed in flames. The trail carried out through the door, beneath the stoves, and around the entire kitchen. The chef was consumed before he could escape, and there was a frenzy. A panic. None of the workers could escape the room and were taken in complete anguish. It would be only a matter of time before the vicious flames take over the stoves and react with the gas as well. Beautiful. 'Kaboom!' But before her own hide would get toasted in this madhouse, the sugar glider turned toward the window and popped out through the open crack. Smoke poured out from her exit, making her blink in pain. People could be heard panicking and screaming inside, and her thrill had been sated. Now what was left was to escape the scene. "Finally..." She cackled, gliding away from the building. "Finally!!!" She gave a shiver of relief as she came to the snowy ground. Her frail little body did little in the snow. But she had no where to exactly fly too. Perhaps the stables, but she wouldn't want to get mixed up with whatever the plot these newcomers were doing. It seemed -boring. The sugar glider turned awkwardly, flailed on the snow, watching the plumes of smoke and fire stretch out from the window she escaped from. Her big rodent eyes danced in its light.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Theodemar looked behind him, an unfamiliar shadow appearing paired with a yet familiar voice calling his name. He pondered on turning his horse, but he would lose valuable time because of it. His left hand wrapped around the reigns tighter, breathing out a bit of a sigh. "Mr. Cross," he replied, adjusting himself in the saddle. "Hop on one of these horses. We are going to throw the bait." Throwing his head to the horses now bridled and walked up next to him, he took the leather reigns and tightened them around his right wrist. The sooner they left, the better. But his thoughts still lingered on the sugar glider in the back of his mind. Had she been burnt alive yet? Did she escape? The thought that the smoke consumed her also consumed him, seeing the flashing armor rush to the Estate building as the fire blazed. He turned his eyes, avoiding the memories.

Aaliyah stepped out to be behind Atticus, letting herself be covered in the shadows as he was. So this was Theodemar. The valiant guard it seemed, ready to ride into the sunset. But his explanation was interesting. Bait for the tiger, huh? Interesting take on the whole thing. She wasn't sure if it would work, but their time was limited. They would not have time to find another solution, and sometimes spontaneity would be the more beneficial route here. Still staying in the background, she was silent, eyeing the studs and mares that were grouped up before her and her stag.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

There was a reply with a familiar voice attached to the end of it. Theodemar. Finally. It was just in the nick of time as well, he didn't know how long he could keep this charade up. But to the notion, Atticus was a little bemused. They were going to ride horses out of here? How humiliating! But there was no time for any of this, Atticus brushed the hesitancy right off his shoulders and he took Aaliyah's hand and brought her forward as he brought his foot into the stirrup. Hopping into the saddle, he took hold of the reins. And glanced to the both of them. "C'mon Aali-" He turned his chin, hearing the orders of guards as they rushed around from outside. Were they found out? Great...Wonderful. A line was carved into Atticus's brow as he lead the horse beside Theo's. "They must have caught onto us. Now or never. C'mon Aaliyah." This plan was not going as - well ----planned.
Quote :
Nose flicking at the heavy odor of smoke, she remained sitting, quiet, resting on her back legs. She was almost in a trance, staring at the dancing flames and rushing guards. They seemed to already know what was going on? Words spreads fast. -Course, when you take the whole kitchen in flames people will find out fast. Or else it would be a pretty pathetic Estate. She made a frown, about to make a disheartened sound when a massive explosion sounded. The stoves combusted, sending waves of fire shooting out of the kitchen and into the other rooms. It made her leap up with an excited, 'beau!' She marveled at the job well done. She would've given a little dance but moving on the ground was too awkward and slow for her.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Theo pushed his feet further into the stirrups, feeling the sweat bead down his brow and catch in his shirt and the crevices of his collarbone. This was pure stress in its deepest form. Any moment now, he could be ripped to shreds by any of the guards currently fighting off the fire. But he could not leave with the two just yet. Yanking his horse around to face the other way, he tossed the other horse's reigns to Aaliyah as she mounted her own steed, gripping the horn of his saddle. "Your scent will cover the horses. Lythedh will be out to kill, so he will follow the horses when you dismount near the river and he will kill the horses, not you. I'll catch up with you, but try to get your distance without the mounts." With that, he kicked his heels in, and raced back towards the Estate, avoiding the animals that rushed past him to the building. His eyes scanned the walls to no avail of his target, until a flash of grey in the scattered snow caught his eye. Dismounting and racing forward, he cupped his hands and scooped the small creature up to his chest, holding her with one hand firmly as he leapt onto his horse and sped back to the stables. Who cares if she protested, he wasn't going to have her trampled.

Aaliyah swiftly mounted her horse, feeling the guilt settle deep in her stomach. This poor creature would die, by Theodemar's plan, just to get away from Lythedh. She tangled her fingers in its mane, taking in the last moments she would have with it. Even though there was a chance he'd come back safe and sound, the other side of the coin was a brutal death. Sighing out, she looked to Atticus for strength, her posture straight and poised. She had to keep her wits about her if they both wanted to get out of here. The other man tossed her the reigns, and she now held both horses captive to her. 'Great. Another death to mourn. If only this would have ended without the loss of lives.' She frowned, her eyes setting back to the exit of the stables. "Let's go," she rushed, itching to get out now that the cries of guards were rising louder to her ears.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Tugging the reigns, Atticus yanked the horse back to exit the stables along with his other two companions. The hooves of the equines rung in his ears as they made for the exit of the Estate. The sounds of confusion hit him. They aren't paying them much attention. Weren't they the issue? He couldn't dwell on it for long, as Theo took his mount out of the stables, out of the Estate, Atticus swung into the lead. He could glimpse Aaliyah's sinking heart. "Hey," He muttered, turning his chin towards her. "You're getting out of here, Aaliyah. Don't worry. This'll all be over..." He looked to her, feeling the wind coarse through his hair.
Quote :
The sugar glider was invested in the scenery before her. She smiled through her stare. Everything sort of melted away and then the next thing she knew, she was scooped into a stranger's hand, taken into complete surprise. She gave a frantic squeak, kicking, and clawing at whomever held her captive. Her claws were thrown at everything she could reach, like little knives. She sounded more of a rabid squirrel than anything. Her tail thrashed about.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Tears stung the leopard's eyes as the mounts headed after Theodemar, and she bent herself nearer the horse's neck to hide herself from the world around her as her walls crashed, yet still holding her expression firm and focused. The smoke billowing out of the Estate, the horses' distressed calls, the guards rushing to save the staff and the wind blowing it all together in one chaotic mess. She didn't want it to be like this. They didn't have to have the dramatic leave, they could sneak away, haven got the legal papers and ripped them and tossed them in a furnace and never have the evidence. But now everything was instead becoming a blur. Even Atticus' calm mutter wasn't enough to ease her from it all, yet his voice diverting from his worried commands earlier were a welcomed change. Breathing in the biting air, she glanced over to him, valiantly escaping and keeping his cool. He was determined to leave, and nothing would block him. His courage overwhelmed her, and she lifted her head just a tad, peering between the ears of the steed as they rushed away from the Estate, away from the life she was sure she was going to live out.

"Miss glider, I'd suggest keeping your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times," Theodemar murmured down to the rodent, narrowly missing his nose from being shredded. His grip stayed the same, pressing her gently against his armor so she wouldn't fly away, intentionally or not. "We're getting out of here." The hooves hitting the ground pounded in his ears, focusing more on the path ahead than the scampering of the sugar glider. As long as he escaped with the two others,
the plan would be complete, whether they had executed it correctly or not.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Blowing air through his lips, he could feel the power of the horse below him and the ripple in its flank. Through the chase out of the Estate, he could barely focus on the real issue. When he did, they already allowed the Estate to slip far in the distance. 'Smoke?' The odor was so heavy, it was amazing he hadn't focused on it until now. Of course, his adrenaline was going and he was focusing on the things he could see versus smell. But it begged the question, what was happening? What on earth happened just now? He kept throwing glances over his shoulder, seeing Aaliyah on her mount and Theo coming close behind. That was reassuring at least. "Good," He said to himself and turned back to face the area ahead.
Quote :
The voice sent an immediate shudder down her spine. Her fur prickled in all directions, Theodemar held her small body up against his armor while she fought against it. Her breathing was erratic. Disbelief and shock caused her to stutter over her words, but they were mad with rage. "YOU!!! YOU PIGHEADED BRUTE-!!!" Squirming like a fish out of water, she raked against him, her claws squeaking at the metal. "We're getting out of here." This activated nothing but a ball of pent of loathing and hate in her rodent chest. "GET ME OFF OF THIS GLUE FACTORY OR SO HELP ME I WILL CRAWL INTO YOUR EAR AND EAT OUT FROM THE INSIDE!!! UNDERSTAND?!?! T'ES RIEN QU'UN PETIT CONNARD!!! TAKE ME BACK YOU UGLY SHORT-HAIRED PIG!!!" She went to bite at anything to grab ahold of, and for now it was in vain, but she was determined.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am

Theodemar was surprised by the glider's screaming, his eyes widening slightly as he listened. She sure was a contrast to her species, but at least the wind carried away the piercing of her cries. The insults were nothing to him, as he was used to them, especially coming from her. "We are escaping, rodent," he told down to her, maneuvering through the running guards with his mount. "You want to be skinned alive by Lythedh when a witness tells him you lit the kitchen on fire?" Still holding her, he chuckled at her little shaking fury. He wouldn't expect such a loud voice from tiny lungs. "I'll let you go when we get far enough away. For now, stop squirming, or you'll hurt yourself." Everything was so loud around him that he could hardly hear himself think. Hopefully Atticus and Aaliyah knew what they were doing, or they would all be screwed by the seeming hundreds of guards that swarmed the Estate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: