Dedicated to the realm of dragons, knights, elves, and other fantasy species.

HomeGallerySearchMemberlistUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Animals Within

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am

Quote :
Sophia Roe

She lingered at the bed, hearing what the girl had to say with a delicate smile. It was interesting to see the girl first hand; the one Atticus had described through his time at the castle. About the situation at least, not anything in particular. But it truly was amazing how strong Aaliyah was, especially being so vulnerable around such cruel people. Aunt Sophie was glad to be able to tuck her under their roof. It was about darn time too. 'Poor lil thing.' She was more than understanding about taking time to drink the herbs, and not letting her nephew in. 'Such a handful...' She chuckled for a brief moment at Aaliyah's comment about resting easy now and awakening to be social. The woman put her hand on the girl's knee, smirking. "Honey, do whatever you see fit around here. If you want sleep, I will personally yank on Atticus's antlers so he can give you space you deserve," she gave a breathy exhale, taking in the sweet pause before she honed in on the door behind them. "He’s as antsy as a herd in hunting season..." She patted Aaliyah’s knee once more as she nodded her head assuredly, "glad to have you here, Hon."
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Theodemar;

He huffed at the confident reply, keeping his brow raised with some amusement. "As the guard wishes," he teased a bit. "For now, I honestly think laying low is the best option. Everyone can be a handful at times – you’ll soon figure out." Atticus chuckled for a fleeting moment, he felt quite honored by the comment about the home. Perhaps it meant little but in the overarching statement made him feel good. "So am I." He said, smiling, reaching toward the doorknob and as he took ahold of it, he flicked his metallic blue eyes back to Theo. "Sure. I'm wearing clothes under this, so I'll just take it off and set it aside. I can pick it up when I get my own home, somehow." Already thinking of a home, huh? Shaking his head, Atticus felt amused but was sure to help when he could. "Will do, I’m not sure what your style is but I’ll keep it basic. Promise not to embarrass you." He pestered a bit, nibbling his lip as he ever so gently creaked the door inward. He flinched at the sound, and ever so carefully slid into the room as quietly as he could. The dimness fell over him, he turned and shut the door behind him, making it sound as little noise as it could. He kept his voice to a dull whisper at Aunt Sophie, feeling his shoulders lift. "Hey, just grabbing some clothes…since Theo wants to check out the-uh-" as he turned back to them, he glanced at Aaliyah conscious. His immediate reaction was smothered out though by his Aunt’s severe glare that seemed to go on forever. He could almost feel her pulling on his ear and chew him out –big time. Atticus recoiled and tightened his jaw, "Sorry-" He sharply breathed in through his teeth. He gestured at the wooden dresser in the side of the room with his thumb. "Just-getting-clothes…" The dirty look only furthered and he felt his gut completely twist.
Quote :
Her pelt began to spike out as he turned his head to look at her, ‘I’m gonna be sick of seeing that big dumb face reeaaaal soon.’ Her rodent nose scrunched up real tight, making her ears fall flat against her skull. "Va-t'en! If you haven’t noticed, I don’t shift!  Haven’t done it since I was little you twit. Companions like me don’t shift." Clacking her jaws, springing at him for a brief moment, she pulled back. A hiss like sound came from her mouth before she grumbled again and rolled back up. "Better change, twit, then I can scurry away and pretend this NEVER happened." She fluffed her tail, venomously shooting her eyes at him. "Hey, I heard elk salami is quite a tasty delicacy. Ever tried?” She mocked him. "No??” The sugar glider paused on purpose, tapping her claws against the armor plating. "Lord Lythedh has, and he tells me it’s deeeelicious.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Aaliyah's smile never wavered as she gazed at Aunt Sophie. She was so kind, something that had been only from Atticus the past while. It wouldn't be hard to get used to it, though she worried about how this was all going to go down between her and Atticus. If this was his house, she might be staying with him, and with Sophie in the house, things might get a little cramped. She would have to think up something sooner or later. "I don't blame him, with all we've gone through. But I think I can handle him well enough." She giggled a bit, which felt nice to her chest. "I'll make sure he respects my space." As if on cue, the man walked in, and her cheeks heated slightly as though being caught in something scandalous. It was strange to see him again after all the drama, but she was almost relieved too. It seemed his family member was giving him a look, judging by his reaction, and she drank a little more to hide her beaming smile. "You can take them," she told him softly. "I wanted to see you anyways, before I slept." Gazing at his face from the dim room, his scent from the bed fabric overwhelmed her and made her face burn more. "Though we will need to talk later." Her brow raised ever so slightly, yet didn't let the Aunt catch on to the undertone. She doubted the woman would let him near her, no matter the intent.

Don't shift? The notion surprised Theodemar. Sure, it would have been difficult to shift if he held her, so he didn't expect her to shift until freed, but it occurred to him that even when he set her down, she stayed the same. Frowning a bit, he set her on the coffee table, ignoring the spits. "I didn't know animals like you existed, excuse me your highness," he murmured in a slight tease. "You have no need to make me into salami. For all you know, he's ready to bake you into a sugar glider saute and devour you in one bite. I don't think you'd be so ready to slam both of us in the furnace." He did not want to think so negatively, but it seemed he had been left with no choice. Either end of his trust rope were being tugged and he could not choose a side. If he had a room he could keep her in, that would be better, but alas, he did not. So a solution was not apparent thus far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

She didn't seem as assured as Aaliyah had been. Course, she didn't catch the blushes and smiles the lass had thrown at her nephew either, even as she had wished to see him. Well. If that was what she wished. Though Aunt Sophie's stone cold glower hadn't faded in the slightest to the girl's acceptance, she didn't make a fuss. But her eyes did tell him, 'boy, I'm having a word with you after all of this.' But she broke the stare finally and firmly nodded her head. "If you're alright with it. I need to tidy up some places and whatnot. But holler if you need me, sweetheart, I'll be back in a minute or two." Smiling, she figured she'd allow them to talk for a bit - only that though; the lass needed her rest. In the meantime as they talked, Aunt Sophie could tidy up the place here and there. Considering that they now had a lady guest in this house she felt she needed to. Standing from the bed, curled hair waving in front of her face as she turned toward the door, she began past Atticus but snipped at him. "You better give her the space she deserves -and don't think I didn't see you whip up that excuse to come in." Aunt Sophie pinched his arm as she departed in her spitefulness.
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Theodemar;

Atticus recoiled at the pinch, rubbing his arm, frowning bitterly. He made a grumbled noise but looked to Aaliyah and smirked a tad, "I was honest about the clothes..." He eyed the area his Aunt had nipped him, knowing it would definitely bruise in a few hours. "...That really hurt." Atticus lifted his chin, he shook his head with an exhale, knowing his Aunt always acted like this around him. Dropping that subject, he took a few steps forward toward his dresser and knelt down in front of it. And he threw glances at Aaliyah as he rummaged for clothes. "...Kind of a weird way to meet my Aunt, sorry," he chuckled. "I promise, she's not usually that intense. At least." Atticus gestured at himself. "To me anyway..." As he picked out the basics for them and a jacket or two, he stood and turned to her. He nibbled his bottom lip for a fleeting moment. "So. How are you feeling?" He murmured sympathetically. "Honestly, none of that went according to plan...I mean," Atticus rubbed the back of his neck. "At least you're alright..."
Quote :
"Hmph!" She threw her head in the other direction as she was placed on the coffee table. Her small claws made a pitter patter sound with her weight, and her tail swished. The sugar glider batted her eyes at the fireplace a few feet ahead of them and grumbled out a reply. "Nobody eats sugar gliders." Her rodent frown grew in size. "I don't mind slamming you into the "furnace', whatever the hell you said. It would mean nothing to me. I would be scot-free while you marinated. Obviously, you don't think things through much, do you, elk?” She hissed faintly. "At ANY time I could tell someone about this place and then-” She went very very quiet as a lady walked out of a room, and she grumbled the rest under her breath and kept her distance. The sugar glider completely ignored the smile the woman gave as well.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

The leopard nodded to the woman, taking note of her words. She felt alright for the time being, especially now that she could see her stag, but if she needed anything, she'd be sure to call. The nag at Atticus made her laugh, her cup hiding her lips yet her eyes dancing with delight at the exchange. It made her happy to see them banter playfully, even if it did hurt the man a little. Everything was more comfortable when everyone was relaxed. Her eyes watched him carefully as he grabbed his clothes, and she made sure he seemed okay without injury, though caught herself staring a little too much and directed her eyes back up to his in a snap as he spoke to her, her cheeks still a light pink but unnoticeable. "She's sweet, I appreciate her helping with my wounds. Even if she does pick on you." She set her cup in her lap, extending one of her hands towards him as though to draw him closer, even with their distance. "I'd be better if you got that furry tail of yours over here, antlers," she teased, a hint of a grin spreading. "We're alone for once, let me see you closer so you're the last thing I see." Her words were trailing together as she continued, even her eyelids beginning to feel the effects of the herbs as she could feel exhaustion melting over.

Theo huffed through his nostrils a breath of disbelief at her retorts, leaning forward as his forearms braced on his knees, his armor creaking as he did so. His nose crunched just slightly on his tanned complexion, his eyebrows lining his eyes as they narrowed to focus on the tiny creature before him. "I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do such a thing. I can certainly return you, but I'd get you killed if I'm going to expose your little charade of sending the kitchen into smoke. Lythedh I doubt would be so forgiving of betrayal. So, we can truce. I don't reveal your part of it, and you don't expose this place." Before he could hear a response, the door groaned open, and he sat up straighter to see a woman exit the bedroom that he didn't recognize. Standing up, he bowed to her politely. "I apologize for intruding into your home," he said gently, "I never did so beforehand. I am Theodemar, Atticus tells me this is an escape for deer and elk. I'm a manitoban elk, this is all new to me, but I would be pleased to know you and this village better." He extended his hand politely to the woman, well, the one that currently wasn't bloodied and had the cloth falling from its grip on his palm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Grabbing the shirt off the floor, he cautiously looked over his shoulder at the girl as she talked about Aunt Sophie. The mentioning of his Aunt 'picking' on him though, was rather humorous. He made a 'psh' sound and rolled his eyes at it. Atticus turned his head as he got the two set of clothes and set them at the foot of the bed. From the corner of his eye, he saw Aaliyah bidding him to come to her with her hand. There was a tad of sluggish movements which he guessed was from the medicine. But there was that beautiful grin, pointy and all. "I'd be better if you got that furry tail of yours over here, antlers," he gave a spry bow at the comment, and with the wave of his hand he pulled out of it. The man lowered his voice to add to the jest. "As you command, my liege. Whatever you wish, it is yours." After a small laugh, he came forward. "We're alone for once, let me see you closer so you're the last thing I see." Smirking, knowing the drowsiness was beginning to set in, he rested on the edge of the bed near to her. He bopped her nose with his finger, then rested his hand back on the blankets and shook his head. The smile remained. "Believe me, you'll be seeing more of me later. I'm not going anywhere and neither are -you." He arched a brow with the smug look on his face. "Rest easy, whiskers." Atticus leaned in a bit, kissing her forehead softly before pulling back and smiling humorously at her overcast expression.
Quote :
Exposing HER to Lythdeh?? The sugar glider could barely contain her laughter, cackling with her sharp rodent teeth. Indeed, it seemed dumb people made dumb truces too. If anything, his idea would make a lose win situation. She would return home and he would be blamed for all of this; after all, no one listened to a rogue prey guard - and she was the Estate's pet! He was a walking buffet table at this point. However, the rodent refused to say anything in front of this woman. This - other deer - she assumed. Even if the sugar glider wanted too, she went quiet instead, smirking to herself. 'If I turn these guys into the Estate, maybe I can get the elk's head mounted on my wall...' A pleasing thought. It would definitely make up for all this rubbish right now.
Quote :
Sophia Roe

Smiling to both the silver rodent on the table and to the other of Atticus's guests, Aunt Sophie was sure to present them with the best hospitality she could give. Such manners in this boy though. The bow was a nice touch. 'It wouldn't kill Atticus to be a gentleman once in a while...' But, that aside, the woman was quick to shake the lad's hand. Her grip was delicate and as sincere as her smile. "Nonsense, technically Atticus owns this property. Stay as long as you see fit, my dear, you are welcome." She put a hand over his, emphasizing her point before she withdrew and chuckled. "Pleasure to meet you, Theodemar, quite a strong name. I am Atticus's Aunt Sophie..." She nodded her head once and heard what he had to say before chiming in on his behalf. It was quite an amazing moment to see one of their kind from the outside world. One who lived in the castle no less. She practically bubbled up. "I must say it is a true honor meeting an outsider. Not many are out there - well - none we have met. You are most certainly at home here..." Her deep brown eyes lowered when she noticed something odd with his other hand. But as she saw it fully, it was evident there was a wound. A terrible wound. Immediately, she placed her hand on her chest in a startle. A wispy breath came through her pink lips and she took his arm to lead him away. "My-my-my that needs to be cleaned! Don't worry I have still have some wraps and ointment leftover," Aunt Sophie let go of Theodemar as she left to fetch the supplies she had put in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Her lips let a pure laugh escape at his bow, reminded that, indeed, they were apart from the latches of the tyrannical tiger. They were their own rulers now, and could live freely. She bowed her head as a teasing reply, before yawning softly and watching him sit near her. The action made his presence surround her, as though he were laying next to her, and just the thought warmed her. "Luckily. If only you were just a teeeeensy bit injured, then you could come join me in my quarantine," her sleek voice murmured, her hand drifting over to his hand before it began to slowly trail up his arm and touching the fabric of his shirt, ever so slightly moving him closer as her hand moved up, even with her strength fading. "Take care, Atticus." She finally got to her goal, the collar of his shirt, and mustered the energy to pull him down a bit, hardly able to hold back a goofy smile as she placed a few light kisses on his lips, as passive as a breeze in the winter, her eyes drifting ever closed but still an ounce open to give him one last glance. Her hand released its gentle grip on his shirt and fell gently to the comforter, where she picked up her clay cup and set it on her - well, his - nightstand, to finally lay and rest for the afternoon.

Theodemar lowered his chin in respect, smiling into the woman's eyes. Being welcomed was all he wanted, and one step at a time seemed to be doing well for him. "It's an absolute pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Sophie. Must be a treat to be an Aunt to such a man as Atticus, without him I doubt I would ever be among my kind again." She continued on and it made him chuckle at the excitement that tinted her words. He hadn't experienced it, though he assumed that his appearance was enough to seem as different as everyone here. Technically, he was. Atticus had stated that he was supposed to be stuck up and proud of his heritage, yet here he was, a gentle being just trying to fit into a community again. Her attention suddenly directed to his hand, and before he could protest and claim he could take care of it on his own, she was whisked away by her adrenaline, and he was left once again with the glider. He lifted his hand and investigated it. It was pretty gnarly, and in this light, it looked worse. Crinkling his nose, he ignored it and instead focused on unlatching his armor, setting it beside the coffee table with each piece until it all sat. He just hoped he didn't smell that bad. He was tempted to do a sniff test, but that would probably be embarrassing if he was caught, so he decided against it, waiting instead for Aunt Sophie to return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Her comment made him raise a single brow friskily, "I think my Aunt would actually tie me in the back like a guard dog."He jested, but the expression faded little by little as he could feel Aaliyah's small fingers run up his arm and come to the collar of his shirt. Memories slipped into his head as she grasped it. He felt his breath hitch in the slightest while she pulled him closer to send kisses on his lips. He was sure to return the favor. But, he mustered all the strength he could to pull back afterwards. He felt the air literally being stripped from his lungs, and the girl gave him once final, tired glance before readying to sleep. Atticus sweetly kissed her cheek after she set her cup on the nightstand. His lips felt the warmth on her skin and the familiarity in it. Finally. He pulled away little by little. His lips parted into a soft smile and he took one of her hands, caressing it with his thumb. Atticus observed her laying in his bed. To it, there was an enticed look that he quickly threw away. 'Gotta keep focused...' He scolded himself. And as he now rubbed this aching feeling, he knew couldn't just get into this here... "Night, Whiskers..." He uttered in a whisper. The words were gentle on his lips. He brought his eye back down to her hand, and then to her sleepy face. There was a faint nibble to his lip as he slowly came to his feet, and allowed his fingers to slip from hers.
Quote :
Sophia Roe

She was swift to reenter the room with the need supplies to bandage the wound. The lad was beginning to undress his armor and set it aside, and she was swift to redirect his attention to the couch. "Sit-sit, here, let me dress your wound first." Aunt Sophie pulled his arm back to the couch so he would sit, and from there she applied the various antiseptic medicinal herbs. The metal from his armor glinted in the light as she disinfected the wounds first. It was quite peculiar -the wound that is. What could have done this? Did he get caught on brambles? She felt she would be a better healer than detective though, and hadn't asked. "I'm glad you feel so strongly for my nephew, he can be a thorn sometimes but glad to see he did well for you." She pursed her lips as she dabbed cloth against the wounds to absorb the blood. "How did you meet him? I wasn't aware he had any friends in the castle..." At her sentence, she giggled a tad, feeling that made Atticus seem like an antisocial oddity. That wouldn't do. So she felt she had to elaborate. "Plenty here however. More than enough...But. I didn't think others of our kind lived within the castle walls...for long anyway..." A saddened sigh left from her lips at the thought of the outside world. And the slaughter their kind went through. 'But enough of that, he is plenty safe here, and there is no use making a fuss right now.' She continued to clean and prepared to dress the wound. "And where did you meet your friend...?" She referred to the sugar glider this time. "I can't say I've ever seen one of her kind, quite a cute little shift."
Quote :
The sugar glider stuck her tongue out snootily at the woman, even if she was too preoccupied with the wound to notice. Usually, she sucked up to that kind of talk. But she had no reason to right now. 'Call me cute again and I'll eat your eyes, woman.' Her thoughts snapped. She fluffed up again.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Aaliyah's eyes weighed heavily as her mind drifted away, her sights set on only Atticus as he pulled slowly away from her. She wished she could be awake, to embrace him and hear his voice for hours together, but alas she needed to rest and recuperate to fully grasp their new future here in his village. She could at least dream of all the possibilities while he was away, and be full of energy to spend the next day by his side. The thought spread a smile on her face as her eyelids finally fell, the image of her stag replaying in her memories as she drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

The elk was surprised by her insistence, but he politely sat down on the couch and let her work on his hand. The sudden care made it painful though, and he winced just a tad as she cleaned up the blood and rubbed ointment on the open bites. He hadn't had such a wound in a long time, and the shock of stinging made it hard to focus on Aunt Sophie. But, he pushed through it and focused instead on their conversation, his eyes trained on her face rather than his burning hand. "We just became friends just a few days ago...he helped me escape my post when I had to give him a letter from my liege at the time. We have not known each other for very long, but I was glad that he made me see that I was not supposed to be where I was then, that I belonged here with my kind. Helping him get his girl, I followed beside him, and I'm here now." He smiled a bit, which was hard within itself when the bandages were being wrapped firmly around his wrist. "She's a sugar glider, she can glide on the winds. She helped us get out of the Estate." He nodded once. "She was about to be trampled by some of the guards rushing about when I picked her up and brought her along, so now she's here with us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

Deciding to go for loose wrappings, the woman delicately trailed the cloth down his palm and over the other side of the thumb. Winding it around, careful to enable circulation in his hand, she fastened the wrappings. And she listened to the lad speak about how he and Atticus met. She nodded her head. But when he said, 'Helping him get his girl,' the words made her laugh, and she shook her head. "You have a grand sense of humor..." Aunt Sophie chuckled. She picked up stray bandages and placed them over the remaining wounds that the wrapping hadn't covered. She mused over the idea of a deer and a leopard. "But I agree with my nephew, you belong here with your kind. Not a place with so many teeth, darling..." Then with a gentle look, she examined the work she had done and rose to her feet. Even if the sugar glider scoffed to the statement, she had accepted the story and spoke with a dash of surprise. "Quite an interesting group the four of you make - elk, deer, snow leopard, -sugar glider." She caught the cutting glare the rodent gave her. But the notion of the partnership caused her to place one hand on her hip and shake her head. "In the world we live in, a friendship between two separate races is almost unthinkable -but, all four? Impossible. It is quite reassuring to know the world has hope of getting along." As a sigh brushed from her pink, soft lips, she eyed the mended wound once more with a brush of approval.
Quote :
She made a very clear scoff at all this Aunt Sophie had said, and she flicked an eye toward Theodemar as if telling him, 'you're such a liar.' There was a roll in her throat. The sugar glider knew she didn't help them escape really, and no way she would've been trampled - this guy was full of merde. But she sat, doing nothing for now. Shooting looks when she had the opportunity at the elk whom kidnapped her.
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

He smiled softly at her solemn state, slipping into whatever dream or fantasy snow leopards fancied. The thrill of the hunt? An icy peak perhaps. Atticus chuckled out the faintest bit and picked up the clothes and made for the door. He was reminded of Aaliyah being a predator however - not that he'd forgotten. But how was she supposed to survive here? The thought pried at the back of his mind, making him chew fleetingly at his lips. 'We don't supply meat...how will she be able to eat?' The uncertain answers weren't the right solutions, so, he was sure to bring it up again when she was awake. She couldn't fend on grasses either. 'Perhaps eat as a human then?' He didn't know. But for now, he came forward and gripped the doorknob, opening the door.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am

Theodemar smiled at her compliment, still a bit tense from the wrapping but was relieved that it would be protected and healing from now on. It already felt less gross and gnarly than it had when he rode here. But her comment on his humor was amusing, and he just had to glance at the glider and smirk just a tad, in reply to her occasional glares in his direction. "Don't we all have teeth?" He couldn't help but grin cheekily, a laugh almost escaping from him as he shifted more comfortably on the couch and leaned back. "But I agree with you there. It will be quite the experience to be among all of you." Glancing between the aunt and the glider, he wondered just how much variety was within the village. Granted, there were obviously red deer and elk, but other species could also be prancing beyond the door of this cozy cabin. He couldn't recognize most of the breeds that were in their shift when they entered, so discovering the diversity would be something he would definitely look into. "I believe one day, things will improve between all of our species. We won't be in a constant struggle against one another just because of the shift we were born as. Though I'm sure Atticus and Aaliyah will be working on that 'merge' just as much as the rest of us." He cleared his throat to hopefully leap over whatever comment could have come from that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 am

Quote :
Sophia Roe

Of course Aunt Sophie hadn't quite gotten ahold of his joke, but she giggled at it nonetheless since well - teeth? It was more of a fainthearted giggle than an actual laugh but it was one no less. She nodded at his words, smiling to him and his fantasies of the future, when the bubbly gleam in her eyes drifted away. 'Merge?' Her expression puckered in confusion. She was a bit soft with her words. "I don't...understand..." Then again, this was probably another one of the lad's jokes. Yes, yes. That must be it. So she flaunted her hand and smirked a bit with her long curled hair springing. "Ahh. I see..." Pretending to understand, she beamed at it as casually as possible.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Theodemar laughed along with her soft giggle, glad he could make her laugh in the slightest. But he could sense the hesitation at his second comment, and he pondered if he should explain it. On one hand, it was the truth and would happen at some point, knowing how things worked as animals, but on the other hand, this was Atticus' aunt. Perhaps she would not be pleased with imagining what her nephew would be doing behind closed doors with the leopard residing here. His smile stayed and he also pretended as though she got the entirety of the comment. "Nonetheless, I do have a question concerning the topic. Are you sure Aaliyah will be...welcomed here, with the shift she is? From my knowledge, deer are not her common prey, but she is still a predator." His voice dropped softly, as to not alert the mentioned girl in the other room. "As little as I know about her, I doubt Atticus would like to have her be questioned and judged,, seeing as he's assumed to be courting her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

At first she thought the joke would be put to rest and forgotten, as Theo seemed to have changed the topic on Aaliyah being a snow leopard. Would there be a problem? Yes, there would be a bit of clash with their leader -but it would resolve well. Atticus was a well respected figure and anyone he respected would be accepted regardless of species. Aunt Sophie was swift to explain this to him of course. Her words were as gentle as a summer's breeze. "Of course, she will be very welcomed...you are right, we don't accept just any carnivore. But," She smiled sweetly. "A friend of my nephew is a friend of ours. And I have known of Aaliyah and her dilemma for quite some time, dear boy. The majority of us know..." But her words had died off when the new topic was reemerged into the conversation. Courting? What? Aunt Sophie didn't know how to approach this now. It must have been serious if it was brought up again... Her brows were knitted together in a baffled look, staring at Theodemar as if trying to understand the deal behind his words. She nibbled her lip, quiet for a long minute or two. There was a distant look in her brown eyes. But as she heard the door of the room open and Atticus step out, she swiftly threw her chin over her shoulder. She wasted no time confronting him. "This young man claims you're courting the leopard...Atticus."
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aunt Sophie;Theodemar;

Glancing at the small group as they talked softly, he lifted his head only to be met with a piercing glare. What did he do now? "This young man claims you're courting the leopard...Atticus." As those words left her lips, he felt dizzy, and sick. The man was completely thrown off -he wasn't expecting this! The accusation twisted in him like the truth behind it. "I...I..I-uhh. He tripped over his tongue, unable to utter out a complete sentence. "I...don't...think so...no..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Theodemar was pleased to hear that things would go smoothly for the leopard here. Even with her status, Atticus had a foot in the door for her welcoming. At least that much was taken care of for her, and it would be less chaotic in the village because of that matter. But he began to fret when Aunt Sophie became a little more irritated at the words he spoke. Oh shoot. This was a mistake. Judging by Atticus' surprised reaction, he had said the wrong thing. Clearing his throat and standing quickly to his feet, he held his hand in a relaxed fist up to his chest and curled the back one behind him. "I-I apologize for my slip of the tongue," he explained. "I only say the rumors from what I have heard from other guards, not from Atticus' mouth himself. Now I know that they were false. I apologize once more." He gave a worried glance to the man across the room, sweat practically beading at his brow. He had worried about messing things up, and now it seems he slipped a little too hard. He must have misinterpreted. Atticus was always a tad hesitant when he spoke of the leopard anyways. "Besides, Lord Lythedh kept a very close perspective on things. It would be ridiculous to believe that, that the two would be courting officially."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 am

Quote :
Sophia Roe

Theo's remarks and the response he had on the subject matter didn't lessen her scowl. Predators and prey were not a thing - why would anyone spread rumors? It could have been a total misunderstanding but she had expected her nephew to straight up deny this claim. Instead, his slip of the tongue only confirmed it. Aunt Sophie folded her arms against her chest. There was immediate sharpness to her tone as she completely disregarded what Theo had said. It was family time now. "Explain! Now." The tender disposition she had shriveled under her words. She could see Atticus bite his lip. "Don't take me for a fool! I want a straight answer." Her eyes honed in on her nephew, then she walked up, yanked him by the shirt and lead him to the kitchen, then back door where she could yell at him without lingering eyes. She was sure to state her opinion on this matter.
Quote :
The sugar glider watched the two leave without a shred of remorse, her lips curling into a pleased smirk. Her large rodent eyes landed on Theo with the sting of mocking him. "You're a complete moron. Now they know too." She squeaked out a giggle before thrashing her tail and rolling her eyes. "Oh look at me, I'm Theo - I'm going to assume you know all these things and make it worse for everyone. Even better! I just met them and their family, now I started this." She saucily eyed her claws, keeping that look. "Efficient way at making enemies, Theo. Now you should have three people who hate you."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Theodemar's demeanor fell as he watched Aunt Sophie drag Atticus away, his brows furrowing in thought. He had been trying to avoid messing things up, but it seemed that with that worry, he stumbled over his own feet. He may have just broken his one alliance, with his moronic blurting of information. His eyes slanted over to the giggling glider, and pondered stuffing her in a bag to keep her quiet. But he was not that mean. This was fully on his back, his responsibility to take care of. Picking up the glider from her neck, he placed her in his wrapped hand, leaning over and grabbing his pouch of money from an inner pocket of his breastplate before he walked to the front door and out into the sunshine again, breathing in the air as he hooked the pouch to his belt. He needed to keep his distance for a little while, keep family issues to the family before he could go back and mend his mistake. "Hardly a dent in my record," he growled to the rodent, filling his chest with fresh air before he began his stroll down the streets, staying off to the side of the passing neighbors but noting the buildings and architecture as well as the breeds that mingled among one another. He could learn more about this later, when his ties were knotted back together. For now, he needed to pick himself up by his bootstraps and pound the pavement to make something of his new life while he destroyed others behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Quote :
She growled, attempting to flee again when Theo made quick work of her efforts and stuffed her into his coin satchel. The metal was very cold on her delicate feet. It caused her to shift her toes on them. She folded her round ears against her skull, peaking out from the bag with her small head. What was the brute up to now? Sulking? Was he going to sulk? -Yes, Of course he was. She made a 'tsk tsk' noise, scenting the cold wind brush against her nose. Claws gripping the leather for balance, the sugar took a look around the village. It seemed it was always bustling. Fawns were still prancing around - including little calves too. "Why bring ME along?" She questioned him. "Not like I'm great company or anything..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Theodemar huffed a bit at her comment and shoved his hands into his pockets, his thumbs tapping the outer fabric as he scanned the store fronts. "I figured you might prefer the outdoor air to a cabin of tension," he replied cooly down to her, though began to worry about what he was going to do. He had no idea where he was supposed to go, or where he was to buy a new set of clothes. Everything was so jovial that he didn't belong so swell among people who knew each other well. Mustering up some courage and puffing his chest out to seem confident, he approached a passing girl and cleared his throat, putting his arm up across his chest. "My lady," he greeted, "I'm rather new around these parts. May you explain where I can find some clothes, perhaps a plate of food?" He smiled just a bit, hoping he seemed friendly enough. He wasn't exactly like any of these, but he could try to fit in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Quote :
She made a clicking sound as a gesture of annoyance. What a dope. He was the type to just run away and pretend like he never did anything. After rolling her eyes, they met with the many faces of the villagers; the young and the old. There was the calling of the market place where the people would trade and talk about their lives. Quite boring and dull actually. This place seemed so pacifistic, it was no wonder they had to hide and pretend they didn't exist. Such spineless little nuisances. "Pathetic little nub tails."
The sugar glider muttered to herself, glaring at the girl Theo had just approached.
She was a gentle thing with strawberry blonde hair and freckles along her cheeks. When she beamed at the guy, the sugar glider pretended to vomit.

"Oh goodness me! You're the guest! The elk! The one everyone's been talking about, sure-sure," she grabbed his hand gingerly and pulled him a bit away from the rest of the crowd. Her fair skin seemed to gleam in the sunlight. "Haha, so sorry for pushing you away from everyone. I didn't want others finding out-that sounds weird-hang on..." She cleared her throat and pointed at a trade stand to the very back. "I'd ask mother Chital about food. She can definitely help you out." Then she tapped on her lip and pointed to a hut just across from it. "And clothes are right over there! I would lie low for a bit. Um...don't want people nipping at you. Figuratively. I mean..." The girl flushed with embarrassment, putting her hair behind her ear as she glanced down. "Ah I'm so bad at this..."

The sugar glider twitched her nose as it crinkled, and glanced up at Theo to talk to him while the girl wasn't listening. "Freaking weird one this is. Just take the food and go please. Or I'm gonna purposefully eat your coins just to die."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Theodemar was quite surprised at being recognized by the younger girl, but he followed her willingly, her hand soft in his own and causing him to clear his throat in surprise. He wouldn't have expected to be noticed so quickly, but he didn't really mind it. She seemed nice enough to direct him where he needed to go. Continuing to smile at her, he pretended to brush her worries aside with his hand. "You're doing just fine, thank you for the direction. I'm mighty impressed at how fast word spreads in this town though. And don't mind, I've had my few nicks here and there. A new nips won't be much." His teeth gleamed through his lips for a moment, his hand placed back in the position prior to her taking it out of habit. His eyes gazed down the street, keeping mental note of the places she pointed out. It would be good to remember for later, though he was sure that if he were able to see what they were surrounded by, he could make his way to them much quicker the next time he was out and about. Perhaps this lady could show him around."Would you mind escorting me from place to place, if you have the time? Get acquainted with the pathways. I'm sure you know more than I do." A small laugh bubbled from his lungs and out to her, his eyes closing just a tad from it. He ignored the sugar glider and eased his hand over the pouch to give a small nudge to her nose, a sign to keep her mouth shut while he tried to focus on his newest company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Quote :
The girl was quick to respond to his comment about how 'word travels fast around here'. That was quite the understatement. Everybody knew everybody, and that meant everyone knew everything. She gave him a plucky smile. "Ah I mean if something this exciting were to happen, of course everyone would know! It's really rare, having an outsider around...that is..." she admitted gingerly. But her face went a tad red at his suggestion, feeling honored for him giving her any attention at all. She just wanted to see him, now she was showing him around? How cool! Her smile grew and seemed to glow at the suggestion. "Really? Really-really? I mean I would love to, sure." After brushing some hair back behind her ear again, she was readied up and she began leading him to mother Chital for food; she figured that was most important. Clothes could wait. Only a few steps forward and the sweet aromas of freshly baked pies, bread, and soups fluttered in the air. It even made her belly grumble a little. "I have to ask, was what I heard true? That is...are you REALLY from the castle?" Her eyes sparkled as beads of light swept down from the canopy. "Like with all the predators and-and meat eaters? You are very brave." She muttered. "I couldn't imagine being put through that..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Theodemar continued to be amused by the embarrassment of the girl, though he tried not to make her feel as though she were in the presence of a god or anything outrageous. He was simply like them, with a different past attached to his name. "Really-really. Why else would I ask?" His face spread a smile that just seemed to stick, his footsteps echoing hers as the smells arose in the air. He didn't even realize how hungry he was until he imagined all the meals he could be eating soon here, and he almost drooled. After years of basic feed, this would be paradise for certain. Though his thoughts mimicked her question, and his gaze wandered to her as they paraded across the street. "Yes, I am," he murmured, starting to understand that he should probably not be so prominent of his origins, at least not yet. He would enjoy one on one time beforehand, but his chest puffed out a little at the possibilities that wandered to mind. Yet he wasn't so sure that he wanted to jump on any. "I was a guard for the predatory Lords, it was rather intriguing to protect such vicious creatures. But I would much rather be surrounded by people of my own kind. Who knew I'd find such pretty ladies just a few days from it all?" The sparkle in her eyes from before was daunting, but he played right at it. He'd never had such attention before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Quote :
It was funny to her, how different he was compared to the rest of his kind. Not that she had anything against them. But he seemed to be a bit flirty, with a gentle disposition. And sweet, very sweet. "Pretty? Well," she covered her mouth with her hand as she laughed. The soft skin of her cheeks flushed again but allowed it to fade. "Goodness, well, there are much better girls further into town, believe me." The story of his life was fascinating though. So very different from their own. And she couldn't imagine a life outside this. It made her eyes shimmer in delight. "That's honestly...as bad as it is, really cool. Like real predators? Y'know I've never seen a predator in my life...I haven't really seen anything outside of deer actually..." There was a faint sigh as she look to the dashing man. "Other than...you're little rodent friend that is." She giggled. "What was being in the castle like? I see you have armor...I mean...really nice armor. Pardon me for staring if I've been doing that...I've never seen armor either. Castle armor anyway...um...I'm babbling again, aren't I?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Theo's head tilted a tad as he gazed at her, some of his honeyed hair catching on the breeze and whisping up to the side as he did so. "Really? Even though you're the one I approached?" His tease caused the edges of his lips to pull into a gentle grin, the good smells that wafted to them causing his stomach to rumble in a warning to him, though he ignored it for the time being as her light rambling amused him so. "Never apologize for such a thing," he told her softly, positioning his head back upright. "For either thing, that is. I understand me being here is a bit overwhelming, with all I bring behind me." Chuckling, he adjusted some of the straps as he was reminded of their rubbing against his clothes. "It was, well, rather boring. The lords were often doing their own business, leaving us to really just sit and stare. Sometimes we would escort a lord into town, but that was a special occasion. Or we would get hints of some scandal in the castle and would try to listen in on meetings, perhaps pick up on maid gossip. But of all the things there, I think I will much more enjoy my time here. Always something, or someone, to see." Winking at her, he propped up one of his arms on his waist casually as their steps walked over stone. "Though speaking of the predators," he lowered his voice, "we have escorted a 'tame' one here, persay. Don't let any know, but, she is on our side. Perhaps I could introduce her to you privately, once she feels better." He wasn't sure if he should have spoken of the information, but it would spread around sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next