Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin Empty
PostSubject: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 9:42 pm

PG13 with Mature Topics

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin SPMJY2s

Welcome, traveler. Your road was weary, and darkness loomed behind you. But this is no place to rest. There is much ahead to discover - your fate does not end here.

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Tarjinn

The tavern was filled with the nonchalant talks of species across the lands, sometimes a laugh coming above the noise or a bard began playing his lute. Glass goblets would be clinked together or a cheer would come from a far table celebrating their end of an adventure. The white, gleaming dragonborn lounged himself across a chair placed in front of the fireplace off to the side of the tavern, savoring the heat that came from the rich orange flames. It matched his eyes, after all - the amber coloring was an almost direct match. Perhaps if he was reincarnated, he would come back as a flaming red fireball, spewing fire and lava wherever he went. But that wasn't necessarily his style. He took a sip from his mug of tea and gazed at the dancing flames, pondering where he was going to go next. After a grueling experience in the water with his last "adventure", he wanted something a little more...normal. Perhaps venturing off beyond where he was. His two helpers were off in a room somewhere downtown he was sure, or perhaps trading at the market, but he didn't need to go fetch them. They'd handle themselves just fine, and he was rather settled in his home not too far from the village. But something itched beneath his scales and leather adornments. He wanted to pick up his shield and head into battle and make something of himself, help out someone that perhaps needed him right in that moment while he sat and lounged. It wasn't the most comfortable thought, but...he'd figure something out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 am

Quote :
Esme

With the ambiance of the caravan filling her ears and the building excitement among her nomadic family, it was clear the small group of Catfolk was nearing their new home. Leaning back against the wooden seat of the wagon, the palest of the felines gazed through the curtains of the caravan. Her crystal blue's examining the new world they were nearing. At first, her keen eyes could only make out a large brick wall which encircled the village. Squinting, it seemed that guards were walking along the tops of the structure armed with both a sword and a longbow. As their cart's, wheels continued to turn and the clip-clop of the horse's hooves carried on the breeze, the singing among her people grew louder. Screeches of excitement flew from the youngest of the Catfolk, "We're nearly there, Esme! Come on!" She chimed to her sisterly companion, then the lynx looking child giddily stood to her dainty paws and jumped from the back of the wagon to join the rest of them. Tearing her eyes away from the moving flaps of fabric, Esme began to stand to her own large feline paws. As she did so, the wooden planks which created the structure creaked and squeaked from the pressure. Using her left hand to help stabilize her self against the cover of the wagon, the woman began towards the back of the contraption. It took skill to balance properly within a moving caravan, not many could do it outside the feline race, at least not at first. Taking a few more steps, Esme was able to lift the fabric vale separating her from the outside world. Unable to see from the blinding light of the day, Esme quickly threw a hand in front of her eyes, blocking out the sun before jumping from the cart. With the collision of her weight landing on both her paw's a small dust cloud wafted into the cool morning breeze. Blinking away the spots in which were caused by the increase in light, the woman was finally able to gaze and admire the land around her first hand. As the distance between her and the wagon increased, the snow leopard gazed at the grasslands they had just left. For the last few months, the twelve of them lived in such a boring location... But now, Esme pivoted to the right, turning herself towards her nomadic group and the village before her, her eyes gazed upon a new and exciting journey which awaited her. Forests surrounded this place, it was beautiful and looked so much like home, the place where she was born. Quickly, the snow leopard began to run to catch up to her companions. The skirt of her attire flipped about and jingled as the small coins attached to it collided into one another, her long silky hair danced in the breeze as her hood fell from her head, revealing her fluffy white ears. Once beside the caravan, the team had just reached the gates and their chief was chatting with the gatekeeper seeking passage into the village. For a moment, silence fell over the catfolk as they waited on their chief. However, it wasn't completely silent, just beyond the gates the chatter of the village could be heard, the sound the market was the loudest. There were also wagons being pulled from the sounds of it, most likely product carts. The clanking of metal and the work of a wood mill was also very easy to hear, this seemed to be a very well off village... Feeling her own excitement building, Esme's attention was pulled from the village as the wheels of her families caravan began to move again as the gates began to open up. The large wooden gate seemed to cry as it was forced open by the large pully system. Before long, She and the nomads were through the gates and making their way through to the center of the village to set up their trade center, as well as, camp.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 11:51 pm

It wasn't long before Tarjinn's wishes seemed to be answered. A larger commotion began to stir from outside the tavern, new arrivals it seemed had arrived. People spread rumors of it being catfolk or tabaxi as they entered, discussing it in their small groups. A rare kind? In their small town? That was certainly intriguing. But, it did offer some small excitement to his casual mid-afternoon. He drank the rest of his soothing hot tea and stood to his feet, leaving his shield leaning against his chair as he stood and tried to eavesdrop on others' conversations about the wagon that arrived. Nobody would try to steal his belongings. He had to blink out the sun's light as his pupils slimmed drastically. It wasn't necessarily the most unusual to have some new group come in, but there definitely were murmurs of what this meant for the development of the village he resided. Who were these new people? or "folk", as people claimed? What did they hold? The wagon was being unloaded, and tents were being propped up to assist them as they got everything figured out. Approaching one of the people in the group, he cleared his throat and folded his hands behind his back. She had white fur, so perhaps he would be less intimidating with his own white scales. It was the least he could do. "Excuse me," he said with a small smile. "I wanted to go ahead and welcome you to our town. But I see that you've got quite the load here." He gestured around them with a chuckle. "I'd like to help out. I can carry heavy loads, move things around, whatever you need me to do. Let it be a welcoming gift for you and your group." Helping would provide him with something to do. Besides, he enjoyed being able to make someone happier with his presence.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Quote :
Esme

As the eyes of the villagers fell upon her and her people, their whispers began to tickle her ears. It seemed, these people had not seen catfolk before, obviously some had heard of them but very few had seen them in these parts. The she-cat scanned the gawking crowd with her crystal hues. There were so many people... there were humans, elves, gnomes, halflings even a dwarf here and there... So far, this small village was quite diverse. This was only her third or fourth village to have been so honored to visit. Unfortunately, this feline wasn't traveling for the thrill of it, she had a mission. Clasping her naturally dangerous paws in front of her waist, Esme continued to look at the able bodies around them while the others began unloading the wagon. So far, the seeker had not found anyone capable of the job she had at hand, not even those within her caravan were worthy of the task, after all, they were running... Among the group, was a few young, aging anywhere from 10 to 15, and the other catfolk were of the age 20 and up. Out of this rather "large" band of cats, there was only one with such a thick white spotted coat. Esme's clothes were even of a different stature than her fellow travelers... Her deep red gypsy like clothing seemed to be of high-quality silk, and her hair... not many catfolk had such human-like hair. Only a few of the villagers seem to have noticed how different she was from the rest as their whispers began to grow. After a few minutes of searching the village with her eyes, the female's gaze was torn away from the people as the young lynx tugged at her skirt which was cut in such a fashion to expose the upper thighs, "Esme, are you going to dance with the others at the celebration tonight?" The little one asked as a twinkle was dancing in her big eyes, how could she say no? Giving the child a warm smile with soft eyes, the woman crouched down to her level as she removed her hands from in front of her and placed one on the child's shoulder, "I wouldn't miss it for the world, Suu." she told her before pressing her forehead to the kitten's. This was a common sign of affection among the catfolk and only lasted for a few seconds unless it was to express a greater fondness. As she pulled her forehead away from the little lynx, the snow leopard watched as the youngster eagerly raced off towards the others to announce her wonderful news. Smirking with amusment, the woman finally pushed herself back into an up right postion, her hands once again sliding in front of her waist. Feeling it was about time she began pulling her own weight, Esme was about to start helping the other's with unpacking and setting up camp. However, her attempt to do so was inturrupted. Turning around to face the stranger who had cleared his throat and began to speak, the woman was rather surprised to find herself looking up, instead of down... Not to mention the individual's race. With her jaw slightly agape, the cat found herself without words for a moment as she stared at the white scaled creature before her, "I- Um... " pausing for a moment, Esme swallowed her sudden shock and quickly retook her bearings, "My apologies, I've never seen a Dragonborn in person before." She quickly cleared the air, not wanting to seem rude or misleading in any way. Allowing her dropped jaw to close into a welcoming smile, the feline bowed her head to her greeter, "Thank you, we catfolk apprciate your thoughtfulness." She told him warmly, before chuckling along with him, "Indeed, I'm sure the Chief of our band would be very accepting of your friendly offer." she kindly informed him, at this time she had pivoted on her right paw like foot as her eyes began searching for the chief of the caravan she was accompanying. Pausing for a second, she realized as she was about to call the elderly lion over, she had not caught the draconic males name. Turning back towards her scally friend, "I'm sorry but, I don't believe we've introduced ourselves." She began as she crossed her arms in front of her waist, her tail slowly swaying from side to side.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Tarjinn stood predatorily straight as he smiled warmly down at the cat lady, honed in his nature of stillness as he watched her surprise. He hadn’t had someone surprised by him in a while, being common in the village by this point, but it was refreshing almost. He had someone new to learn about and befriend. “It’s not a problem. In fact, I’m glad I can have the honor of being your first in-person Dragonborn. It’s not often that I can claim I am that for someone.” It was rather uncommon to see a Dragonborn in general. Hailing from their clans up in mountains and across the lands, they didn’t often leave unless there was a fair reason. He supposed he and his three comrades in arms were the oddballs of the group. Then again, these catfolk seemed to take the show now, the new spotlight in the gathering. Would they mind? Were they used to it? It was a weird question to ask, but it intrigued him. Maybe they would share that in common today. Looking around, he noticed quite a few catfolk that he hadn’t seen beforehand. How many were there in total? It was like a circus, dozens of people walking around and doing some task. Or maybe it seemed like dozens to his eyes. It didn’t bother him much either way - they were all shorter than he was. Gazing back down at the white spotted woman, he grinned with pearly white canines, before he realized how intimidating that could be and closed lips lips back over them. She had folded her arms before her after all. Which meant he wasn’t about to extend his hand to her. He didn’t want to make her too uncomfortable, but he could at least introduce himself nonetheless. “Ah, call me Tarjinn, or just Tar if you’re feeling cheeky.” He let out a huff of amusement from his nostrils. “And you are?” He was familiar with Tabaxi names, having a friend that happened to be one, but these didn’t seem like her. They had more fur, and ranged in far more patterns and colors. Did that mean they had different types of names, or was it the same? He supposed he was about to find out, whenever she deigned to speak.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Quote :
Esme

Leaving her blue eyes locked on the dragon man the woman gave him yet another gentle smile, she was relieved as he took her surprise rather well. Feeling a bit more comfortable with the dragonic lad, she wanted to ask him why he'd come to such a village but it wasn't exactly the time for socializing and she had yet to introduce herself. Once Tarjinn had introduced himself he seemed to jest a little regarding his own title. This caused a small smirk to roll over the felines black lips, revealing her own set of white canines. He was quite amusing so far, which surprised her. She expected the dragon folk like himself to be stale and dry in the nature of humor, however, he seemed to prove otherwise. "My name is Esme." the white, spotted cat waited for a greeting gesture such as nose touching or even the locking of eyes, however, this was not the case. Tarjinn was of another race, of course, he wouldn't know of the culture of her feline people and it was clear she hadn't known about the handshake between his kind and many others. When she came to this realization, she'd been looking at him for some time without a word. Allowing her hands to drop from their crossed position and into one where her left hand was holding on to her right arm just below the elbow, she suddenly felt quite embarrassed. Why didn't she think about cultural differences until now? It must have been from the long journey here. Turning away from the male quickly with a pivoted on her right paw-like foot, Esme called to her Chief. "B-Bane, there is a villager that would like to assist us." She said as she quickly tried to forget about her small mistake earlier. Stepping back from the wagon, the large six and a half tall male lion looked to the female which had called his name. This cat looked aged in the face, but his body was in well working condition, muscular even. His black and brown mane had streaks of grey staining it's once regal strands. The lion allowed his eyes to travel from Esme to the villager just behind her. He was a full foot taller than the snow leopard, and he was a Dragonborn, it had been a while since he'd seen such a being. Giving a nod of his head the male took the wooden box he had in hand and turned towards the area in which they were to build the camp. Returning her attention to Tarjinn, Esme gave him a slight grin, "He approves of your help, I'll show you where things go." She said as she continued to try and forget her awkward staring from earlier. Now that the Dragonborn was helping them, she had the fine opportunity to speak with him, learn about him, maybe he was the one for the mission.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The male observed the female feline with continuing curiosity, a bit amused by her flash of teeth as well. It seemed he wasn't as imposing as he thought, though he would still watch where he showed his canines with the new guests of the village. He didn't want to scare off anyone with his daunting appearance, especially any of the young kittens that he saw dashing alongside the adults. His attention was on Esme however. Esme...no second part to her name? Perhaps she didn't want to mention it, though it was still rather odd. He would have expected her to say her full name in a formal greeting. She really was different from his friend. Perhaps he needed to think of her as a fresh start, and remove any assumptions or knowledge he had on the catfolk. A jaguar was quite different from...whatever she was. He had never seen such a brilliant coat on anyone, catfolk or tabaxi or otherwise. The piercing blue eyes made her practically the opposite of the company he was used to. But she at least seemed friendly, so he would at least take that into account. "Esme. Wonderful to make your acquaintance." He did not mind the silence that followed, for they both seemed a little out of sorts. She was new in town, after all. It would have been rude to assume that she was completely adjusted to their way of life here. It was however new when she called out for her leader. Lifting his horned chin, his eyes were set on the large male that responded to her. Though an older cat, he boasted a grand mane that even Tarjinn could be envious of. He felt a wave of relief as the man nodded before turning away. It looked like approval enough. He did want to meet more of these people though, learn where they came from and why they decided to settle here of all places. It wasn't a bad village, really, but not exactly the spectacular home that people would travel from far and wide to come stay in. His chin lowered back to Esme as she spoke, her words drifting to him towering above her. "Thank you, I appreciate it. What might you be setting up here, may I ask? Are you planning to settle here permanently, or is this just a temporary arrangement?" Folding his hands behind his back, he kept his feet wary of anyone skittering by, hoping to not trip anyone that came across his path. The last thing he wanted was for anyone to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Quote :
Esme

Walking toward the back of the covered wagon, Esme glanced back over her shoulder at her scaly friend. At first, her eyes landed on his armored chest before traveling up to his masculine muzzle. This was going to take some time to get used to, after all, she and the chief were the tallest within the caravan. She listened intently to his question, a gentle smile pulled at her feline lips. "I was about to ask a similar question for you, Tarjinn." She told him with a small chuckle, "Bane's caravan is simply passing through." she told him as she paused for a moment to look towards the chief as if to show him who the name belonged too. "Our reason for stopping here is to gather some supplies for the road and rest, or at least that is their reasoning for being here. As for me, I have another purpose for being here." She informed him as she then continued to the back of the wagon. Placing her hands on the wooden contraption, the Snow leopard gracefully pulled herself up into the wagon bed and then carefully stood to her paw-like feet. Keeping her tail close to her body, she did her best not to smack her guest with her tail or flash him with her undergarments. Once inside, the woman turned to face the dragon descendant and offered him her hand in an attempt to help him inside. Of course, he didn't look as though he needed help getting in, he was quite tall and capable of getting in himself, however, she was being kind like her people were naturally. "What about you? You seem to have settled down here, why is that?" She asked him with a slight tilt of her head. She was rather curious about him, Dragonborn stayed in the mountains, rarely to come down unless for good reason. "If you don't mind me asking that is." She added still with her hand extended to him. Her crystal blue eyes were locked onto him as her tail twitched behind her. With her full attention on her intriguing visitor, the feline hadn't noticed the mischievous tabaxi cub nearing the two of them.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn walked behind the cat, still making sure he did not trip or crush anyone yet keeping his eyes on her to be polite. He wanted to hear what she had to say after all - it would be rude to look disinterested by putting his attention elsewhere. He noticed her gaze go from his chest up to his head again, and it made him smart all the slightest. She was likely not used to gazing up at someone so tall directly, excluding Bane, who he wanted to speak with later. He seemed like a man with quite a few tales beneath that mane of his. But, he would have to work quickly if they were indeed passing through. He tried not to frown. Such intriguing creatures, but such fleeting motivations. He tilted his head at her mention of her own little journey, however. That was the piece he latched onto, a small bit to know about her and expand upon while she was here. "Another purpose, I see. Why do you follow along the caravan then? Just to have someplace to help you along? I can understand that much." He paused at the back of the wagon as she hoisted herself up, the fur of her tail brushing one of his shoulderblades. It was a rather large tail, he noted, but kept his muzzle shut about it in case it offended her. His tabaxi friend was quite the stickler about her own. He was however very surprised as she extended her clawed hand to him. Was she strong enough to pull him up? Last he checked, he weight a mighty amount. But he wouldn't underestimate her. Taking her hand, he did most of the work of getting onto the back, hearing the small squeak of protest at his sudden weight under the wood. It seemed to hold however, impressing him. Her next question floated up to him, which caught him off guard. Nobody really asked him about himself - everyone either knew about him or didn't care to ask. Everything was nonchalant in this part of town. "Oh, I have a home about a mile from here." He gestured beyond the buildings where vibrant green trees grew vast. "I don't mind you asking. I venture out here and there, taking papers off bulletin boards and assisting those in need. Bahamut shines blessings upon those who spread their own talents to others, and I live to glorify him through my work. That isn't to say I don't enjoy what I do. Getting some fresh air and gaining new dents in my armor is all the fun of the work. There are some crazy creatures out there that need to be taken care of." Thinking about his "Kobold Killer merit badge" at home, he had quite the stories himself to tell.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Quote :
Esme

Taking hold of his taloned hand, Esme began to help the hefty man into the wagon. Upon the sudden weight pulling somewhat on her arm, Esme's claws extended out of her feet to help anchor herself, apart from that, she did alright with his help. Though, if he hadn't of help hoist his own body weight up and into the caravan, they would have surely been laying in the dirt on top of one another, making for a rather awkward situation. "Because they have offered me the ability to seek out those that I need the help of... " Her voice had lowered a bit as she began to talk softer clearly not wanting small ears to catch what she was saying. "I can't really speak about it here, too many ears." She informed him at a whisper. "However, there will be plenty of time to discuss this topic elsewhere... The caravan will not be leaving for a few days if not more... " She informed him, she had caught his slight frown earlier, though he had been trying not to. "No need to frown anymore." She told him with a slight smirk on her face. She was liking this stranger, he was just as curious about other races and their cultures as she was, or at least he seemed to be that way. Not only that but he was quite interesting, he even went as far to share with her the general direction of his home and he spoke of his leader or maybe it was a god that he worshiped. Tarjinn seemed to be very open and ready to share with her about himself and possibly more. Flicking her tail from side to side she stepped away from him, flicking her ears in his direction as she turned her back to crouch down towards a wooden crate. In the crate, there seemed to be a bunch of thick wooly furs rolled up. Picking it up, Esme retook her previous stance and pivoted to face him. "So you are an adventurer?" She asked him as she began to hand the crate to him. "And Bahamat, he is your god?" She asked him for clarification, she didn't want to assume one thing and feel ridiculous later on for thinking something entirely different. Some species she'd met before talked very highly of their leaders as if they were gods, leading to future confusion for the poor cat-woman. Reviewing the information the Dragonborn had shared with her, she realized he was fitting her needs more and more... Maybe he was one of the adventurers she needed to help her retake her home from the creatures that were terrorizing her lands. Maybe then, her people could stop their running and come home instead of living a nomadic life.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The shining white dragonborn male couldn't help but keep his head tilted in interest as she explained what she needed. People to help, hm? Ironic that he was the first to approach her. Nodding his chin, he kept his voice lowered as well. He wouldn't want to expose anything as a stranger to anyone around them. "Of course. I will assist in anything you need before you depart again, including finding that help." He wanted to ask if any of the catfolk that she surrounded herself with were part of that group, but he digressed. Perhaps Mellow would want to join in that case? If he could have asked more, he would, but it seemed it was best to save that long conversation for another time, in private quarters. He took the crate of furs she offered him, the weight not too much and he stood in place, waiting for something else to hold as he propped the crate under one arm. If he could wear pounds of armor on him when he was off adventuring, he could surely carry the same weight. He was glad he was just in his leathers that day. But he needed to answer the cat, and he nodded. "If that is the best term to use, yes. I do have a home to return to, however. You could call me an assistant to nature, providing the balance between good and evil when needed. Bahamut is indeed my god, the great dragon beast that looks upon all dragonborn. My clan did not accept him, but I praise him with the life I live. They refused to acknowledge the blessings he has allowed them. That is quite a story though, one I don't have the time to tell now. All I know is that I serve him, and I hope to convert many dragonborn to his side on my journeys beyond this little town and the home I reside in."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am

Quote :
Esme

Upon hearing Tarjinn's response the feline's ears flew forward as a bit of excitement replaced her gentle smile. Esme's eyes were bright as well as the look on her lips, however, the feline quickly recomposed herself. She shouldn't get too excited yet, she hasn't even told him what she exactly needed help with and why she needed more able bodies... Not to mention how far they had to travel to deliver the help. As she settled herself, she noticed the dragonborn looked as though he wanted to ask another question but seemed to recoil it for another time. It was probably best that he did, she didn't want to get the other Catfolk worked up. Besides, their first night in the village was to celebrate Suu's day of birth, the feline didn't want to ruin such a festive time with talks of battle and bloodshed. As the scally man kindly took the crate from her hands, the cat turned to her left this time and grabbed another wooden box from under the opposite bench. This one was a bit heavier, inside was the remaining dried food supplies that they gathered from the last town they visited. The aroma of venison and beef rolled from the crate as she picked it up. Upon further inspection, there was also different fruits and vegetables inside. Though they were heavily meat eaters, they enjoyed a few veggies here and there as well. Mostly, potatoes, carrots, and a few of the leafy kinds. Standing up from her crouched pose, Esme turned back to face the golden-eyed man. "I see, we Catfolk also feel the need and desire to protect the lands in which provide us a place to live. Those that ruin the balance we fight against all to protect what is dear to us and the other creatures that live alongside us." She said, agreeing with him and his beliefs. "So that is why you left, your people did not see through the eyes that bless you and your kind. Though I may not understand your races religions or gods they follow or if there even is another god besides Bahamat, I would understand your want to leave and help others see through the eyes of your beholder rather then the later." She smiled at him with a gentle look in her crystal eyes, she wanted to understand everything there was to know about the Dragonborn people. So far, she knew they were rather large humanoid beasts similar to herself and they lived under a sky with a god or more which built their religion. All of this was quite interesting and only incised the young woman to want to learn more. Extending out the box to him, Esme waited for her companion to take it however he wouldn't be able to grab hold of the box this time. Outside of the wagon, the Tabaxi cub was grinning from ear to ear, his feline tail whipping back and forth with mischief. Slowly, the male cub snuck to the rear of the horses which were still connected to the traveling device. peaking around towards the coach of the structure, he saw that the curtain which separated the driving seat from the back was closed, perfect. crouched down and extending out his feline claws, the boy quickly smacked the hindquarters of one of the carriage horses causing the wagon to jolt backward by a few steps and then forward by a good yard. Inside the covered wagon, Esme struggled to get her balance as the wagon suddenly moved backward and the squeals of the horses rang in her ears. What was going on? Looking back towards the front of the wagon and then back to Tarjinn she was trying to identify what was happening. Once the cart traveled forward, however, the box wasn't the only thing falling... Loosing what little footing she had, the Snow leopard found herself falling forward, towards Tarjinn, her eyes at first were wide with surprise but out of impulse, however, the she-cat shut her eyes quickly and reached forward in an attempt to try and catch herself.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

It was a bit amusing to see the woman's excitement flash across her face at his mention of helping. It was always the best reaction to see someone thrilled about his assistance, or future scheduling for it. He loved nothing better than easing the burdens of others. Speaking of, he wanted to reach out to grab the other crate she held, but she began to speak instead, so he patiently waited and heard what she had to say. It was intriguing to say the least to have a group of creatures come into his village that shared in his beliefs. "If we do not protect the land, it will not sustain us," he agreed, shifting on his feet as he watched her. "We did not create it. Therefore, we have no right to twist it to our own greed. Nor do we take advantage of others or push them to our own values and morals without their own consideration first. We lead our offspring to follow in the respect we give the earth, and they will find ways to improve what we have done before them. And of course, I use the general 'we'. I believe everyone can understand those core values, catfolk or dragonborn or otherwise. Bahamut gives me that great understanding through his guidance and wisdom of my adventuring. I give thanks to what I have to him, no matter what it is I receive. Perhaps I am talking too much of it, but all in all, I have much to say on the topic of religion and balance from my years of being out in a world of chaos and cruelty." He reached out to take the next crate, when the wagon lurched backwards suddenly, and he swung a foot back to brace him from falling off. Within seconds, they were flying forward, and all he saw was the crate leaving the catfolk woman's hands and her heading directly for him. Swinging his arm out, he grabbed her and held her tightly, huffing out a cloud of icey breath in surprise. What was that all about?! He heard guards trying to calm the horses and the clanking of the bridle hooks against their gauntlets. Did a snake or rat spook them? He was going to ask, until he realized he was still holding onto Esme. Well, that just made it a bit worse. Setting her down, he saw that he hadn't exactly saved the crate of dried meat and vegetables, which had been thrown from the carriage a foot away. He swallowed in guilt, but set down the crate of furs he held. "I'll...I'll pay for the damages caused," he said, a bit in a tease but still serious about paying for the food that was likely somewhat bruised or dirty from the gravel and dust. "I know a few good places that would like my business anyways, I'll make sure that crate is restocked with everything lost." He didn't want anyone to be upset at him for losing what could likely be precious resources. He supposed if he had acted quicker, he could have gotten it, but that was foolish thinking. Everything happened so fast. Besides, it wasn't that massive of a loss in the first place. Not the end of the world, he told himself.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Quote :
Esme

Prepared to meet her fate with the dirt and dust covered street, Esme was surprised to have a scaly arm wrap about her waist before diligently being pulled into a tight embrace. As relief flooded her chest, the feline's ears rolled back into a relaxed position as a sigh of relief escaped her lips. She was happy she didn't hit the ground, that would have been quite the fall from the back of the caravan... However, that relief was replaced by sheer embarrassment. How could she nearly fall like that? Not to mention the waste of precious supplies she unexpectedly threw across the wagon and out the back. The cat prayed none of the goods soiled any of Tarjinn's clothes. As she stayed in place, feeling the icy breath of the dragon male before her, she realized she was still tightly pressed up against him, clinging to him as if still about to fall... and he, he was still holding her as well. It was then that the feline began to feel her cheeks growing hot, she had never been held like this before. Obviously, it was to protect her from falling but it still reddened the Snow-leopard's face and for the moment there was nothing she could do to change it either because... well, her feet were dangling above the wooden floor as her companion stood straight distinctly perplexed about what just happened. Unable to speak the ball of emotions rolling about in her chest, the woman stayed silent with her lips slightly parted, her ears laid at the sides of her head while her tail dangled behind her, brushing the hardwood boards. When Tarjinn finally seemed to notice he was still holding his feline acquaintance off the floor. Feeling her body slide down his side as his arm helped guide her to the floor, Esme tried to retake her composure. Once her paws touched the wooden contraption beneath them, the she-cat stepped back and cleared her throat as she placed a clawed hand over her mouth balled in a loose fist. Her eyes were directed towards the right, understandably trying to focus on something else to lessen the awkward atmosphere from their previous situation. What next left the draconic man's lips somewhat amused the cat causing her to look back at him, a smile lightly on her lips as her hand fell to her side. "No, need we are to purchase more supplies while we are here. I'll salvage what can be saved and work on replacing the rest while the caravan is in this village." She told him before thanking him, "Thank you though for your offer, that was kind of you... whether you were teasing or not. I wouldn't want to take your coin, for something you did not cause, though I'm very grateful." she told him as she crouched down to begin picking up what little was still in the covered cart. Remembering her previous concern, the snow pelt looked up at Tarjinn, "Are your clothes alright?" She asked quickly as she stood back to her feet after picking up a single potato that managed to stay on the wagon. About that time, Bane, as well as a few of the other cats that belonged to the caravan, came to check on the two of them. "Are the two of you alright?" the lion asked, his voice was deep and gruff. After he had spoken his eyes trailed the ground where the last of their food supplies laid.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn stood stunned for a few moments after he let Esme stand on her own two paws again, startled from the jolting movements. It still took a moment to let everything fall into place, but he smiled a bit down at Esme as she replied. At least she was kind about the mistake. "If you're certain. I have plenty of resources I can give to you and your caravan while you stay, even a couple extra rooms in my home. Anything I can give to make your stay easier." He noticed her obvious discomfort at the situation, and to diffuse the awkward air, he hopped off the wagon and went over to pick up the fallen meats and vegetables. That was, until the lion approached them. He stood up straight, trying to seem as polite and cordial as possible. After all, he wasn't exactly a higher rank than he was, nor was he below. It didn't help that they were similar heights. "All is well here, sir," he responded, gesturing to the crate he held with some of the items replaced. "Just a sudden jolt from the horses is all. The only loss is this crate, which I am willing to replace." Despite what Esme said, this was her leader, or he seemed to be. He could make the decision on whether he paid for the fallen food or not. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but for a group that may be running low on funds and resources, he wasn't about to make them spend more out of pocket for a mistake. "We aren't really sure what happened. The wagon just kinda moved around suddenly, things went flying, and here we are. Really not that big of a deal though, luckily it doesn't seem like much was damaged." He then decided to close his mouth, his amber eyes observing the man before him. If he spoke too much, he may disrespect someone who was not used to having long explanations. But he at least wanted to explain the situation. "I apologize for not acting quicker, sir. I'm just glad nobody was hurt in the few moments it happened."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Quote :
Esme

Still, somewhat startled from the wagon's abrupt movement the feline's eyes looked up at the Dragonborn's as he offered some hospitality. When was the last time she actually slept in a real bed? She couldn't remember, "That's very kind of you, Tarjinn..." She told him as she contemplated his offer, her eyes began to wander to the side as she thought about it. The young would sleep easier behind shut doors, there was also the Tabby, Rorran, who was expecting, she would greatly appreciate a comfortable bed to rest in. Though she knew all this, she felt it would be to much trouble on the Dragonborn. However, before she could answer him, Tarjinn turned his back on her and easily jumped from the back of the wagon. With the thud of his feet on the ground, Esme quickly followed suit only to pause when Bane arrived. Sitting her rear end on the edge of the wagon bed, the snow leopard sat where she was until the Chief finished speaking. "Yes, all is well, neither of us were hurt." She agreed with her friend as she slid off the back of the wagon and down on to her feet beside him. Flicking her ears and looking at Tarjinn as he once again offered to replace the supplies, the leopard looked slightly shocked but allowed the expression to fade as quickly as it arrived. Esme's eyes were then locked on Bane as she gave him a look, oh he knew that look. With a grin, Bane crossed his arms in front of his chest before speaking to the Dragonic male, "No friend, We catfolk will replace the goods. Our reason for stopping was to buy and hunt more anyways..." the cat paused, "However, the offer for rooms helpful. If you have room for the youngest among us and our expecting mother, that would make things a little better considering their rest and comfort." He said clearly before moving his eyes back to Esme, "And if able, take Esme along with you..." At the last part, Esme's jaw dropped, she was very accepting of the rest of it however, she was not expecting him to tag her along with Rorran and Suu. "B-bu- Wait a minute, I don't need a bed to sleep..." She protested, Bane continued on after a slight chuckle, " I'm sure she has some things to discuss with you." the old lion told Tarjinn, it seems he had heard Esme speaking to him earlier and knew the gal wanted to get to know the Dragonborn people, as well as, recruit this new companion for the sake of the rest of the catfolk who still had a place to call home. "No need to apologized, Dragonborn. What happened had little loss and it seems neither of you are injured, which, I am thankful for. I can't have a guest and..." Pausing once again, the lion seemed to press his feline lips together and part them again, clearly wanting to add something along with the girl's name before continuing "...Esme getting hurt on my watch." He finally said before turning. "Now that I know all is well, I must talk with the guards about this incident." With a sigh, the lion uncrossed his arms and began towards the armored men still tending to his horses. The other catfolk who stayed behind quickly began helping gather some of the supplies. The oldest among the two which stayed behind was around the age of 30 and looked to be a cougar cross, the other was female and was none other then Rorran, the pregnant grey tabby. "Here you are," said the little tabby woman as she had managed to pick up an apple and a potato. lifting them into the air, the little woman stretched to get them high enough so that Esme or Tarjinn wouldn't have to bend down to take them from her small hands. This woman only reached to Esme's waist and hardly made it to Tarjinns for he was a foot taller then Esme. The cougar man couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the height difference, she was so small and the poor man couldn't get over it. He was new to the caravan but he and Rorran had kicked it off from the beginning. Gathering what was somewhat farther away from the wagon, Ovarr returned to place the items into the crate. "There this should do it," Ovarr said as he dusted off his masculine hands. Esme was still slightly in shock over Bane's sudden declaration that she'd be staying with the Dragonborn if he had the room. Though she wasn't unhappy about it, this way she would have a private place to talk to him and Rorran and Suu would have a comfortable place to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The white Dragonborn kept his attention on the lion, wanting to stay respectful to the leader that deserved to be held up among his group. He watched the lion cross his arms and got worried that he was going to get reprimanded. But luckily, that did not seem the plan. He used the same reply as Esme did, which confirmed that he did not need to repay the damages done. He didn't even know why he himself was so nervous about this entire situation. It would be beneficial to show that he didn't mean to do what he did. As Bane mentioned Esme staying at his home though...he coughed into his elbow to prevent the man from seeing his startled blush. Of course, Esme would have her own room, but it was rather sudden to suggest out of nowhere. He listened to him talk to Esme, waiting his turn as he adjusted the crate in his hands. He would be absolutely fine with allowing the snow leopard to stay under his roof. That was not a problem, nor a question. Just a shock more than anything. He would also have to know how many catfolk needed a room, so he could recruit his two mischievous followers to clean house and help him prepare for their arrival. It did bring a question to mind, however. Did catfolk and tabaxi shed? He'd have to ask that later...in private. At least the lion excused himself after the embarrassment. "Of course, I will sort it all out. Thank you, sir," he responded, watching him go before he turned back to Esme. He opened his mouth to speak with her when two catfolk approached him. A cougar male, and a stout grey tabby female. Quite an interesting pair to approach, he had to note, but smiled broadly and reached down to take the potato and apple to put them in the wooden crate. "Thank you," he said gently. He had never met someone so short, other than dwarves and small halflings and various other small creatures that he didn't run across often. Tarjinn wasn't about to point that out, however. He wanted to keep helping, but the cougar picked up some of the crops left on the ground. "Thank you as well, it seems like it is." He chuckled softly. "But, Esme, my offer does still stand." He walked over to the wagon and put the crate up on the vehicle, next to the crate of furs. "I have enough room for everyone. Kittens, expecting mothers, the elderly, whoever needs it. I have four rooms total when you toss in my master. I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable." Smiling, the dragonborn propped his clawed hands on his hips as he turned to her. Her flustered expression amused him greatly. "How many will need a bed? If the kittens can't share a bed, I can move around things or buy some blankets. The group at my home may be a ways away from your camp, however. Is that still suitable?" Perhaps he could provide transportation. But that was likely far too much. He didn't have to hand them the world, as he didn't even know if they could be completely trusted. He could trust them, but others may not. It would all come to pass, however. Things would be settled soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Quote :
Esme

After her Chief had stepped away with a nod of his head, Esme began to chuckle awkwardly to herself. She couldn't say no to the Chief, clearly, he wanted her to go with the others to stay with Tarjinn. Obviously, he wanted her to be able to obtain the knowledge and help she was seeking but she also felt he desired that she protect the others if need be since none of them knew Tarjinn all that well. That- that had to be it! Soothing her mind with the unlikely reason, Esme smiled lightly as her ears fell to the sides, "So, I um, will accept that offer since Chief Bane insists... not that I don't want to come along!" She paused as she cleared her throat trying to overcome the sudden embarrassment," I'd very much enjoy being able to exchange knowledge and discuss what needs to be conversed... "Umm, anyways that would be three of us then." She stated while smoothing out the skirt of her dress, clearly fidgeting. At that moment was when she realized the other two with Bane stayed behind. Focusing on them now, Esme noticed one of the individuals that were assigned to stay with Tarjinn and herself was Rorran, "Oh, Rorran, this is Tarjinn... I'm sure you heard." Esme introduced her with a gentle smile, The young Tabby woman bowed her head a bit in greeting, "You're welcome, Tarjinn." she told him kindly before the snow leopard looking to Tarjinn, "This is Rorran, she's the expecting mother that will be staying with you along with the kitten Suu and m-myself if you have the room that is... I don't mind sharing a room with either of the two if need be." She informed him as she began to speak rather quickly towards the end. Ovarr, all the while couldn't help but chuckle as he watched Esme's nervous sputter and awkward chuckles and upon seeing Tarjinn's slightly pink cheek scales, made him almost sure that the Dragonborn was blushing. If he didn't know any better, he'd say the draconic male was flustered over the thought of a woman coming home with him. Smirking, the cougar stepped over towards Tarjinn and dropped the rest of the goods into the cart "No problem, mate" he said before grinning, "Hmm, cat got your tongue... hmm lad?" he asked almost at a whisper as he elbowed his side.  Meanwhile, Esme was fawning over Rorran and her swollen belly, the two females cooed and awwed over name suggestions and the number of kittens she'd possibly bring into the world this time around. Having her attention pulled away from Rorran for a moment, the she-cat quickly answered the dragon male "Oh, there is no need to worry about that. The walk there will be fine for us, and if need be I can always borrow one of our caravans horses if not the whole wagon. The only one I would be concerned for is Rorran after all." She told him before raising a brow at Ovarr, he was snickering over something and Tarjinn had yet to react to whatever the cougar had done. "O-Ovarr what did you do?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn nodded as Esme responded, a smile spreading across his maw as he gazed down at her. He didn't take offense to her response. After all, it was quite sudden, and he certainly wouldn't have expected Bane to offer her stay with the kitten and mother. "Then I will work on that this afternoon after I am sure that everyone is settled. I don't have much to clean, but it's best to take a gander at making sure there's nothing out of place." He leaned back against the rear of the wagon before the snow leopard introduced the tabby. Should he bend down to greet her? Or would that be intolerable for someone that spends her time around those taller than her? He wanted to appear friendly, but as a mighty muscular Dragonborn male, he could be rather intimidating. It seemed that they must be used to Bane however. He lifted his hand in greeting to Rorran. "Nice to meet you. I'll be pleased to have you stay at my home so you can rest. Anything you need, I can provide." It would be interesting to have guests, as he normally just had his two retainers, plus his squire here and there. He was usually training on his own adventures. Esme continued to talk however, still flustered, and he couldn't help but grin. His teeth glinted in the sunlight pouring down on them. His cheeks would have gotten pinker if he tried to ignore her reactions. "You won't need to share a room, though the kitten may prefer to stay with you, in which case I can find something to do so you are both comfortable. I have the space; you all can figure out who goes where and what the arrangements are. After dinner, we can all go to settle." The two females began to chatter and coo over the kittens to arrive eventually, so he turned to the cougar. Yet he certainly wasn't expecting what he had to say. “Cat...what?!” He blinked, his face flushing a bit in surprise. What was he talking about? “Esme?” He threw a clawed thumb over his shoulder, the nudge from the cat hardly felt. “What do you mean by that?” He heard the snow leopard’s protest, and was a little confused. They had just met, his tongue certainly wasn’t claimed by anyone or anything. “I’m just offering out of kindness, I’m not looking for anything else.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin
Page 1 of 36Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next