Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 Deddcf97c3b5097fedb56bd2d4606b22
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 B8a96ae241cddbca6a2c9eed56b75f83
Quote :
Jericho caught sight of Juniper's expression as she held the brooch delicately within her fingers. Brushing the light layer of dust from the jewelry, a smile escaped her lips as she explained that it was a swallow. Jericho softly repeated the word to himself, inching up on his toes to examine the swallow brooch within her hands. "They look like very pretty birds, Juni. I especially like their little tails," he noted with twinkling eyes, appreciating the teal body and the ripples of white in the adornment, along with the silver details on the wings and tail. His expression changing as his companion fiddled with a metal piece connected on his hood and replaced it with the brooch, his curious, furrowed brows shot up and his green eyes went round. Jericho couldn't help the feeling of pride welling in his chest and so he smiled broadly at Juniper, gazing up with admiration. "You think so?" He asked, running his finger over the broach before examining it again. He saw the way the silver details glistened with a subtle color of gold. A soft giggle left him, he smiled again, softer now. Then his ears picked up on his companion's question, causing him to jump up, grab her hand, and excitedly run her towards the left wall. Bounding to the assortment of Badger treasure, he came upon open chests overflowed with gold and gems, but picked the odd trinkets to enthuse over. "These badgers have everything - look even this! One of my elders, Ven, loved these. He said they had a glass orb inside and it helps you to see long distances," Jericho bubbled, passing Juniper a typical hand-held telescope. He just as quickly picked out a long phoenix feather, a vial of mysterious liquid, a bottle of ink, and a pair of jaded leather gloves. He gathered a few other random objects, even pulling some off shelves and from hard to reach crevices, and stopped once there was a pile cradled in Juniper's hands, none of which posing much value. Even so, Jericho smiled as though they were each treasure in themselves. "What do you think Her Grace would like to do with all this cool stuff?" He asked, excited to give the duchess gifts.
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
Xavier breathed out a slightly humorous sigh of relief to her comment. Trinity laughed below her breath, patting his chest, and gazing up at him in an appreciative manner. He was grateful to have her assurance that he would no longer be asked to go out to sea...he had yet to see if she would keep her word, but for now, he would pretend she did. A few chuckles slipped from his curled lips at Trinity's response about not saying a word about his comment as long as Juniper didn't die. He gave a dramatic gasp and said, "could you imagine? That woman has enough conviction and determination, death would throw his hands up and let her have her way with me if something did happen!" Xavier juggled the thought, leaning toward Trinity with a defeated shake of his head. "She would rise from her watery grave just to deride me. I can scarcely handle the woman alive, let alone as an eternal thorn in my side." Xavier laughed below his breath, smiling back at Trinity's expression and her cool composure. He angled his head curiously at her inquiry about his travels. Clicking his tongue, he replied sociably. "The places I have been to will take your breath away no doubt. We should see them sometime," he said with a softer smile. "But, my stories of them are a bore. Hard to believe, I know, but in a way, my adventures are much like a fondant cake. It may be a pretty cake, but it is distasteful...and with far too much sugar than needed. I am more interested in your life actually," Xavier responded, leaning back on his arm, which was propped against the balcony's railing. His dark eyes sparkled curiously. "Were a noble by birthright, or did you 'climb the ranks' to get to where you are?" A soft chuckle simmered in his throat as he gazed off across her vast stretches of land. He watched the moonlight ripple over the sea of trees in the distance. "I can assume the former is true. You act as though you have noble roots, and from how your guests fawn over you, I can only assume so." Xavier smirked at her from the side.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
Juniper’s heart softened to see the light in Jericho’s eyes, the absolute thrill of wearing his found brooch upon his cape. She had never seen someone so delighted by such a simple thing. But here he was, now leading her to the other trove of trinkets he had found for himself. She gazed down at the collection, rather curious about what the badgers thought was worthwhile for trading. He kept piling it into her arms until it was practically overflowing, and the noble couldn’t help but laugh, finding a mostly empty table to lay the objects out and sort through them. “Her Grace?” She raised a brow at the boy, wondering why he thought the duchess would want any of this in her home. But, she had to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was probably trying to get in her good graces - she smirked internally at the thought - after today’s meeting. She didn’t quite blame him for it. “I don’t know her as well as others, but she has a particular taste according to how she decorates and dresses.” She thumbed through the items before her, putting the phoenix feather, jar of ink, a dusty marble orb, and even a carved wooden bear with green gemstones in the eye sockets into her satchel, going through the coin piles and placing her fake noble pieces hidden beneath. “I think she will like these best. As for the rest, there’s obviously no reason not to take some items for ourselves. Is there anything you particularly want to take home?” She searched herself through the selection, pocketing gold here and there but mostly on the lookout for weapons. She did find a few rings though, which she tucked away too for later study. There wasn’t much here that was worthwhile for her as a noble, but at least they were a good insight into what the badgers traded and bartered for.

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 3d25f7a60fea20ef57e02e06d1480078
Quote :
Trinity grinned and giggled through Xavier’s entire monologue of Juniper chasing him in the afterlife, always a thorn in his side and not giving him a moment of peace. He was right, the noble would probably make him regret ever killing her and make it known just how peeved she was. After a few unfortunate happenings in her own life, she knew the hurdles needed to get over just to get past the swarms of people trying to make her regret her choices. It was a never ending battle as a duchess. “Not to mention I’m sure she’d make everything smell dreadful. I can’t imagine a ghost from the sea being too pleasant to be around in general. She’d make your entire new wardrobe worthless, and we certainly can’t have that, tsk.” She waved her hand as though to dismiss such a thought. The noble was curious however at the man’s description of his past. Were his travels really too much to discuss? She wouldn’t pry, but she must know what he hid beneath that skin of his. “Very well, I’ll answer your questions, albeit regretfully,” she mused in a tease, fingers tapping one by one on the railing they now leaned against. “You are correct, the former is true. I was born to this title, and followed in my father’s footsteps in protecting our land and conserving nature. My mother taught me everything I know in terms of my title, the role I carry now.” She smiled to return his smirk over at her. “It’s a delicate balance to keep both in line, protecting my people and the creatures that surround them. But I must say, I’ve been enjoying the game.” She laughed softly, her breath carried off in the nighttime wind. “It gets stuffy, and boring, and obnoxious. But if it means I’m doing something for my citizens and my realm, so be it. It’s what my legacy calls me to do, and what I plan to teach to my heirs in return.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 12:19 am

Quote :
Jericho nodded his head expectantly as Juniper repeated 'Her Grace', considering that he felt somewhere down in his bones that if he called her by any other name, she would somehow appear behind him with a twisted sneer and a dagger-like glare that would knock him out cold. No, he could not have that happen. Jericho casually dipped his chin to look at the items as Juniper delicately tried to explain that Her Grace wouldn't have fancied everything in his pile. Stepping closer to eye the things he had given her with an innocent, uncertain gaze, he looked from the pile to her face. It had never crossed his mind that the duchess wouldn't have liked anything he liked. How could anyone not appreciate the things he did? He was more ashamed than anything to have made such an assumption. He watched as Juniper separated the objects, placing the things Her Grace would have liked on one side and the rest across from them. Picking through the objects, Jericho examined each of them before passing his companion a quick little smile when she said they could other take things. She asked if he had anything in mind, and of course he did. A rush of adrenaline caused him to spring up. "Ohh - I think so! One second, let me show you!" He replied, hurrying off, picking out the items the duchess wouldn't have favored before moving onto the other hoards in search of valuables. Of course, he was sure to pick out the odd-objects that were mostly overlooked or hidden, and held together what he could before sliding back over to Juniper, dropping a pair of gloves and a few polished rocks as he came to a stop. "Here, look - this is what I found," Jericho beamed, showing his collection with glowing pride. "Would it be okay if I took these things? I don't want to take anything I shouldn't, especially if others want them," he explained, glancing over his shoulder at Elaina who was digging through the treasure herself. "Juniper, do you want anything here?" He chirped, suddenly looking to her with a gleam of curiosity, offering up the pile he had accumulated in his arms.
Quote :
Shoulders shaking, Xavier laughed quietly and expelled a long, lengthy sigh at the duchess's words. Oh how he loved the way she picked her words. It only made her comment all the sweeter to hear, especially when it was directed at a one Juniper Ravenmoore. "I concur, but I have nothing to worry about with you looking after me, hm?" A smirk curling on his lips, the man gave Trinity a comical look before adjusting to the next topic. His dark eyes still gleamed pleasantly. He gently nodded to her word as a sociable gesture to show that he was listening when she confirmed his thoughts about her having noble roots. He figured that was the case. He gestured with his right hand as he talked. "Fascinating. I envy and admire that tenacity you have, I really do. It takes a special kind of woman to hold such responsibilities on your shoulders, but I take it you've been playing the game well or else you wouldn't be enjoying it," Xavier replied softly. "Even if it can get...stuffy, boring, and obnoxious. Surely you must at least appreciate the thrill of diplomacy, politics...holding someone else's life between your fingers. It's like a dance you know. You follow the people, and the people follow you. It's a mutual trade, but also a thrilling endeavor filled with drama, tension, betrayals. Higher nobles are quite the stir." Xavier's thoughts wandered as he considered the different perspectives, enjoying enough of it to smile but not too much as to place a break in the conversation. "I have always been so - ah, what's the term," he drew his chin to the side, snapped his fingers, then perked back up and looked at her. His cool voice flowed over the breeze like soft Andian perfume as he turned to her with a curious zeal in his face. "Enamored, yes. I am enamored by the higher noble way of life. You must show me more of it."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Quote :
Juniper was a tad concerned by Jericho’s hesitation, waiting with a strange expression on his face before he burst into a smile and raced around to grab what he had his eyes on earlier. Such a peculiar boy, but she was happy he was back to his normal self so quickly. He searched around before locating the objects he had found beforehand, placing a pair of leather gloves and some polished, colorful rocks into her hands. It brought a smile to her face to see the difference between the two. “Jericho,” she mused with a smile, “you’re free to have them. What, you think these guys are going to care?” She jerked a thumb over her shoulder at the unconscious badgers behind them. “Enjoy them. You’ll treat them better than they ever will.” She opened her satchel and placed them inside alongside the gifts for the Duchess. “I’ll keep them in this for the time being, and I’ll give them to you when we are out of danger, I promise.” She pat the bag, before raising a brow at his question. Her wanting anything? The noble had to think about it for a moment, eyes flickering over the collection. Other than gold, she couldn’t imagine there was much here she could find a use for. Yet...these badgers seemed to have connections to the pirates she had approached earlier. If anything, this was a stock room for all of the merchants, and the badgers simply handed everything off. She chewed on her lower lip as she approached the shelves, scanning mindlessly through the stacks until her eyes landed on a collection of rings. All sparkling and organized, they looked straight out of any high end jewelry store you would see in Worthguard or La Verdalle. Her heart began to pound in her ears as she lifted the top of the case. She worriedly scanned each individual ring. And her worry was warranted. In the top right corner lay a golden ring, a round teal gem in the center of a golden ship’s wheel. She lifted it from the black velvet box, holding it in a now shaky hand. This was proof. This was exactly why she knew she needed to get to the bottom of this entire, ridiculous circumstance she had been put into. Swallowing the knot in her throat, she blinked away the tears in her eyes and pocketed the ring into her enchanted pouch on her side. There would be a time and place to protect it later. She closed the lid of the ring display, walking along the edges of the room again to find something else and distract her from what she now carried. It wasn’t long before she found herself gazing at a small jar containing shining emerald dragon scales, so small they must be from the vulnerable sides of the creature. She picked it up off the shelf, turned it from side to side and got a rough estimated count of the number, before turning to Jericho again, able to smile and hide her prior expression. “I think these will do. I’ve got many things I can do with scales, and I’m running out at home.”

Quote :
The grin on Trinity’s face was enough to rival the stars above them as they stood together at the rail, Xavier’s smirk almost causing her to blush if she were not so accustomed to his behavior. “Oh never, you know I take good care of my friends. You are far too valuable to ever torture you.” The sea trip may be torturous, but the man could take it. After all, if he was going to share that he knew how to use ships, he obviously didn’t find them as disgusting as he proclaimed, or he would have disowned that part of his life entirely. He continued, however, showering her with praise and admiration that she didn’t quite expect from him. Sure, she did expect compliments, but none in this fashion. She laughed a bit in surprise, brushing a curl behind her ear. “Enamored you say? I have to say I agree with that sentiment. It is a complicated game to play, one where every word you say could become an alliance or a war if even spoken incorrectly. I can’t say I’ve ever seen such intrigue as the ones I see every day. Each person has their own cards to play, their own side of the story that they share. But not everyone gets to win in the end.” She glanced down to her golden painted nails as though to observe them, blinking before her gaze returned to him. “Which is why I find your side so interesting as well. You have all these things beneath the surface, Xavier. How much of a thrill would it be to bring it all out into the open?” She grinned again, brushing a hand down his arm as she turned away from the rail. “Speaking of bringing things out, I do have those items that Lady Ravenmore and her posse returned with this afternoon. I would like to share those with you, if you’d be so inclined. I can share more of my higher nobility life through them, and perhaps get you interested in becoming one yourself someday.” Her heels clicked against the floors as she swept away into the room, the items on display atop her sitting area’s letter desk, excluding a preserved golden bear pelt that consumed the couch it lay upon. “Let me show you the reason behind what I do.”

TIMESKIP - JUNIPER’S MANOR

Quote :
The marquise let out a sigh of relief to finally ride up back to her home. The trees practically sang a song of her return, their branches rustling in the sea breezes blowing in from the ocean down the half-island. Juniper leaned her head back as she rode on Artheanax, letting the same breezes brush through her hair and welcome her home as she rode down the stone-laid road to her manor. She led Jericho in beside her on his own steed, one provided by a stable near Lysander’s garrison. She couldn’t wait to see him settle into her estate, enjoy the expanse of forests around her home as well as the beach, the multitude of rooms in the manor, and even the gardens and outdoor training areas. He would have endless things to do, and provide her company in the meantime. Her mind was brought back into reality when her steed turned into the final corner, resting himself in the drive before the towering manor. The stones seemed to have a blue tint to them, a tall and beautiful building with the Ravenmore crest flying proudly on the peaks of the towers on their flags. The sound of the trees was accompanied by the sounds of her staff working around the estate itself, some exercising horses or watering the flowers in the front garden area. There was no better place than here. She dismounted Artheanax swiftly, albeit painfully, but her new brace upon her right leg helped to stabilize herself as she handed her stallion off to one of the stable boys and dusted her hands off. “Well Jericho, welcome to my home,” she greeted, allowing him to be helped by another stablehand before she continued. “It’s not much to look at on the outside, due to its age, but I do quite like it.” She braced her hands on her waist, letting out another sigh before striding up to her towering mahogany front doors, them being automatically opened by her staff as she strode in, the familiar scents of the wood and forests wafting in through the open windows. Her estate banners hung in the foyer, hints of her ship in the wood accents and decor around the open and spacious manor. Juniper stayed in the very foyer for a few moments, taking it all in, before turning to Jericho with a soft grin. “It all seems intimidating I’m sure, but trust me, you’ll get the hang of where everything is. My staff is more than happy to help you, so you may ask them anything within reason. They aren’t available after dinner, however, so you will likely have to come to me personally. Regardless, why don’t I show you to your suite?” She gestured into the manor, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 10:24 pm

Quote :
Picking off Juniper's words regarding him handling the objects better than their previous owners, Jericho's mouth rounded into an 'o' with that revelation. That was enough to cause his doubts to scurry away and not return. He had never thought of that before, and announced at once, "you are right, they would be treated better under my care!" Emphasizing the point by lifting the pile of objects in his arms, now feeling as though he had taken them under his wing in a sort of nurturing way, he decided they were his unwanted belongings now and he would make sure they received the care they deserved, which was better than what he could say the badgers had done. The rustic, dusty hovel was unkempt and it was clear they only kept the things they liked out of their own silly temporal desires. Balancing his pile of goods, Jericho's eyes peered over the worn leather gloves that laid flat over the top, his nose twitching slightly as the soft layer of dust tickled the tip of it. He hobbled to Juniper, who had previously glanced over some shelves and now turned to look at him with a faded smile on her face. Jericho met her smile with his own, beaming with enough enthusiasm to ward away even the darkest of thoughts. Then he softened it down to a gentle smile as he inquisitively examined the collection of green dragon scales that Juniper presented. They were housed within a jar, the torchlight from the badger's cave flickering off the smooth, glass shape cupped within her hands. "Very pretty," Jericho uttered slowly, inching forward on his toes to get a better look. He looked like a cat staring at a ball of yarn. "You see, sometimes things in life line up for us like that. Maybe you have someone nice looking over you," he explained, tilting his head to send her another sweet smile.
Quote :
An eye roll found its way out of Xavier, the amusement curling the edges of his lips ever so slightly, knowing he could not resist with the irony of Trinity's words. Being far too valuable to torture apparently had some leeway, but he digressed, he might have been dramatic but even he had his limits. He needn't even think about the sea until that time came...but he would surely be tossing and turning in bed all night by the dreaded anticipation of it. He leaned the edge of his arm further into the balcony's edge, tilting his chin while Trinity tucked her golden hair behind her ear and explained the game she played. "But not everyone gets to win in the end,” the duchess told him, that empowering tone nearly impressing him even, and that was rarely done. On the outside he might have gushed and sent praise to every which way, but he was slightly more meticulous than that on the inside and her explanation of the game had turned his smug smirk into a littler smile. She too was noting on his more sincere demeanor and encouraging him to share it...or as she put it, 'bringing it out into the open.' He flattered himself at the idea, at once flashing a grin in her direction and gesturing at himself as she brushed her hand down his arm. "Oh, it tickles me to hear such sweet compliments, duchess, I am beside myself, but withhold your dying urge if you can, my lady, I scarcely know what to do with it," he uttered with a playful tone, a chuckle trailing at the end of his diverting comment. The man's eyes followed the woman as she offered to display the items that she was given this afternoon, her golden hair outlined like raw sunlight against background of torch lights. Xavier tilted his head a little more, then he inched from the railing, striding after Lady Abi'Laark with his eyes flicking toward the items set on her letter desk. "To have the opportunity to peer into the ins and outs of your work? It is far too much of an honor, but I humbly accept." Xavier said, setting a hand on his chest before lowering it back down behind his as he waltzed inside, offering her a short laugh followed by the waving of his hand while he talked. "Please! Go into every detail, share your most treasured secrets. I am pent up with the anticipation," Xavier enthused, eyes catching the golden bear pelt on the couch beside her desk. What a grotesque decor. He pulled his sights away to avoid the desire to crinkle his nose and make a comment on it, and he brushed his hands over his vest as if to wipe away the thought.
--------------------------------------------------

Quote :
Small form bobbing on top the steed he was provided, Jericho couldn't help but feel like his legs weren't in the proper position by animal's sides. He had never sat in such a funny manner, his legs were bent around the saddle and the tips of his toes were burrowed in the stirrups. He checked around his left and right leg, not seeing anything particularly wrong but still checking every once in a while to make sure he was riding correctly. When he looked up, the dizzied look from his face washing away, his eyes turned to Juniper, who rested her head back to admire the moment. He held the reins tightly, readjusting himself on the saddle as he watched a branch move over his head, particles of light streaming through the awning of leaves. Extending his arm, inching off the saddle a hair, the leaves dragged along the palm of his hand, causing Jericho's ice green eyes to twinkle when he felt their soft, smooth shape roll over his skin. He pulled his arm back, still staring up at the canopy above him for a little while before finally pulling his eyes back on the road. Horse rocking beneath him, he watched as they turned the bend to reveal an estate nestled within the forest. Jericho stood now, rising up to admire the threshing banners which held the Ravenmoore crest with wide eyes and a small smile hanging off the edge of his thin lips. Every subtle sound was noticed, even the far distant shuffling of hooves from working horses caused his head to pivot and turn, the fabric of his hood rippling in the wind. He took in one hefty breath, his chest extending out as he pulled the air into his lungs and slowly blew out. He tasted a bit of salt on his tongue from the sea air, which caused his expression to warp curiously. What strangely flavored air, Jericho figured, watching Juniper dismount with ease and causing him to lean forward in the saddle. He worked one leg over, swiftly hopping off the horse with eyes as round as saucers when his shoe caught hold of the stirrup. Face turning beet red, he ducked behind his horse in a panic to avoid Juniper, trying to save himself the embarrassment. Leg still stretched out, trapped to the side of the saddle, Jericho wrestled with the metal wedge that was caught to his boot, wiggled the two pieces apart. His leg came flying downward, but thankfully Jericho walked off the experience, the bridge of his nose still holding a pink hue. He shuffled quickly to Juniper, ignoring the subtle smiles a few of her workers gave, but they quickly returned back to their duties. He beamed at Juniper as he came to her side, curious by her changed mannerisms. "I have never seen you so happy," he said, glowing with approval. Their feet tapped along the stairs as they rose toward the front doors of the structure, rolling off the stone walls. "Your home is better than my home on the outside, so I have very little to compare it to, but it is very lovely...and it has your aura. Which is even better." Jericho quietly shuffled alongside his companion as her staff opened the doors for them. He was sure to utter a few thank you's and bows before returning to her side, eyes grasping at every detail of the glorious place she lived in. He did a few turns, marveling at the memories that must have been held within this place, stopping when Juniper had stopped to breath in the smells of her estate. A soft grin slipped from her as she looked at him, being refreshingly welcoming and offering to show him his suite. Suite? He didn't know what such a word meant, but nodded along as if he did, smiling up at the ceiling and the tapestries. "Oh I love all of it," he explained, suddenly grabbing her arm and pointing at the reminders of her family's crest. "Look! Everywhere I turn I can see your symbol! Is it to remind you that this is your home?" He giggled, "I think I would forget! I would keep thinking I'm staying at a castle!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Quote :
Trinity’s hazel eyes peered down at her collection, the lost remnants returned to her once and for all. Xavier’s comments drifted to her ears as he walked inside from the balcony, and honestly it did surprise her to hear him so jovial over seeing her work. Did he admire it that much? She chuckled at his earnestness, turning her head to him with a soft grin before her attention was brought back to her desk. Gesturing for him to stay close, she lifted the small bear skull from its resting place at the side of the desktop, sitting it flat in her left hand. “This is...one of the reasons why I protect the wildlife so fiercely,” she murmured in a beginning, turning the skull from side to side slowly to view it in the torchlight. “This is Ruvaen, the first cub born in our territory after I arrived. He was a strong and promising bear, with the brightest pelt my father had ever seen. He told me it was as though he was my guardian, the brightest gold to pair with the brightest heir to his realm. A bit of a childish description looking back on it, but I suppose as an actual child, it gave me hope. ...When Ruvaen was hunted, killed alongside his mother as only a cub, my father panicked. He saw it as a bad omen, and immediately set to work protecting each and every bear born into this province. He made it a crime, punishable by death at the worst cases, to interfere with them and their natural order.” She went quiet for a moment, her free hand stroking the bridge of the animal’s nose three times methodically before replacing it back onto its pillow. “Ruvaen was a warning. Someone wished to come for my family, to overthrow our reign. And they knew my father would panic. The cretin used the chaos to sneak into our manor one night, and attempted to take my parents’ life.” Her voice went soft, fading into the evening breezes out the balcony doors. Her hand brushed the claws of varying sizes, the collection of smaller bones laid across a leather sheet, and finally a bear emblem, a bright golden bear head roaring at the enemy facing it. “I was thankful he did not succeed. But ever since, any bear death is viewed as a threat, a debt to be paid. There are people out there who do not wish to see me stay in my position. I plan to prove them wrong.” She let out a long sigh, taking a small step back from the items and viewing them altogether, the collection of losses the territory had befallen to. “I keep these items to remind me of what I do, why I do it. Each of these comes from a life that was lost unfairly, for a message they themselves had no part in. The people hunting them wish to take our strength and crush it beneath their feet. Unfortunately for them, they don’t realize that their spirit never leaves - only takes a new form.” The laugh that echoed from her was joyless, and as she peered up into Xavier’s eyes, her own were a blade. “Perhaps that is not the answer you were looking for tonight, however.” Instantly, her prior seriousness vanished, replaced by the smooth duchess as she folded her hands before her and gazed at the bear pieces before her. “I protect the bears to show my people I protect them just as fiercely. Sometimes, it is hard to see how well cared for they are if they do not see it from another perspective. My people are my strength. And they are the true bears I display. When I go to war, I go to war for my people, our golden bear as the symbol of our fight. I believe my strongest warriors were endowed with the spirit of our losses.” She gestured to the skull, the claws, the bones. “That is why I do what I do. I hope my people, and the citizens of the Isles beyond, will understand.” Letting out a long sigh, she propped her hip on the edge of the desk as she turned to face Xavier more, crossing her arms loosely over her chest. She couldn't say the man looked too thrilled at her explanation, but at least he wasn't sneering like she had seen others do before. She wouldn't know what to do if her new trusted friend was just like her enemies. That was not the reason she forged such a friendship. "Being a duchess, a high noble, is dedication to your people. The only reason one should have such a title is to do it for the benefit of others. As you see, I took what was stolen to me, and made it abundantly clear to Maintebeau that it has been returned. For they will see that act of justice, and feel trusted that I will do the same for them. If you wish to enter the higher society, Xavier, be prepared to make sacrifices for your people. They are your importance above all else." Trinity smiled slightly up at him, reaching out an hand to rest on his lower arm. "But, knowing you, I can't quite say for certain that you'd enjoy making the decisions for a lot of strangers, mm? Somehow it's hard to see you ruling over an abundance of citizens. Though, seeing them wear your colors would be quite the thrill."

Quote :
As they stood in the foyer of her home, Juniper slowly turned her head to Jericho, who expressed his compliments to him, soft as a butterfly’s wing. He must have truly been in awe to say so little, his eyes wide to take in every detail of her home. That was right - any home he had been in was likely never at this expanse. She only hoped he would be able to call this his new home, and settle into a better life outside a tavern and small town. Her manor was not very lively in terms of guests, but it had a charm to it that made her content to be within its walls. “I made my home into what I wanted it to be after it was given to me. After all, if I have to be here most of my time for my work, I might as well enjoy being here.” She chuckled softly, stepping further into the foyer. The wide hallway could have fit multiple horses side by side, ceilings tall and wholly unreachable with large, scattered crystal chandeliers hanging at the tops. Though the woods were dark and toned, the accents of iron and ocean blues were throughout the entire home, encompassing a feeling of being aboard a ship with a drastically larger interior. Two curved stairways ahead led to a top landing, with open doors peeking into the corridor at the top. Below the stairs were large iron filigreed doors, larger than the space seen from their position that led to a pristine green courtyard, hints of flowers blooming within. The foyer was also bordered by a stairwell on either side, leading to the walkway that outlined the upper floor and led to the other sections of the manor. Their left down the hall revealed a large room, wall-to-ceiling windows broadcasting the daylight onto the floor with rich teals and silvers covering surprisingly cozy furniture, a billiards table off to the side and a bar at the back, currently unattended. Large curved archways to their right provided a sort of barrier between the front and the room beyond, a sitting room with the same windows as the other room overlooking the expansive courtyard in more detail, a grey stone fireplace taking up the majority of the sight with a close-set group of teal couches and chairs residing before it atop a cream-colored rectangular rug. Bookshelves filled with texts could be seen along the edges of the room, stopping at a corner of the archways. There was plenty of space for lounging and enjoying the natural light in any space of the manor. She braced her hands on her waist again, taking in the feel of her home, when Jericho grabbed her arm and pointed to the banners hung from the walkway above them. She couldn’t help but chuckle alongside his giggles at his excitement. “Oh, I certainly remember it's my home,” she mused. “I am simply proud of my heritage, the family line I come from. I wished to display it proudly, so my guests understand its importance to me as well. Besides, my crest is separate from the manor itself. People must know who runs it when they step inside, after all.” She nudged him playfully, leading him forward to the large stairwell and going up the right side. “It is a bit of a learning curve to understand where everything is located, but I will help you each day. You’ll learn all the ins and outs in no time.” Showing him her home, the place she built her life within, would ease her heart of the true emptiness she felt being within its walls. Though expansive and tailored, it was far too quiet for her own liking, and with certain people missing from its residence, Jericho was the one person she could latch onto. Juniper only hoped he would be able to call it his home soon too.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Quote :
Passing his gaze to Trinity, who emanated her pride as she picked up a bear skull from her desk, lying it across the palm of her hand, Xavier watched with quiet disinterest. Evident from the lackluster expression now on his face, he was beside himself about how he should react with Trinity holding and valuing such a disgusting thing. There were once eyes in that bear skull and here she was, holding it as though it were a mantle of her achievements. A skull. Oh he felt a little queasy. To think they would have to polish it after its death specifically for this purpose was both odd and gross. Xavier shifted his weight, stepping aside as he leaned against the wall to provide himself some sort of stability while he meddled in the situation, unsure of what to do as she fawned and gushed about this bear. If it were anyone else, he would have thrown up his hands already with a loud sigh and have been done with it. He felt his thoughts bursting within his mind already - 'divines above woman! They roll in their own dung after all. What could you possibly admire about such foul, dumb little creatures, much less one that has been dead for years.' He set his forefinger on his chin, restraining his efforts to impede on whatever play Trinity had devised for the occasion. It was difficult, and mind-numbingly tiresome, but he listened on despite his clear objections...not quite objection, more like revulsion. He could never hold a skull of any sort animal, human, or otherwise. There was something unsettling about handling the remains of any dead thing, but evidently, the Duchess had different opinions and paraded the darn thing with tenacity even he hadn't expected from her. She had such interesting thoughts about the matter and somehow tied it to her people. He wasn't sure how, but she had. He picked out whatever parts of her story that didn't have to do with the cub skull, angling his eyes down toward the ground partly out of boredom, partly to restrain himself, and partly to think and ruminate on whatever he could gather from her words. She had made some interesting points, things he learned about her and her thoughts about her position. Xavier noted many nobles with high ambitions, quite like the Duchess, who had deeply rooted, oftentimes symbolic reasons for doing what they did like she had. It was a curious thought to say the least, but not one he entirely understood. None of it was very tangible and it was often far-fetched in his mind, but whatever she understood was something he would respect regardless. If anything, it was helping her and he had no reason to object to it, despite badly wanting to. When Trinity's bone dry laugh fluttered into Xavier's ear, his eyes flicked rather slowly up to Trinity, his finger tapping at his chin as he remained aloofly leaned against the wall. While her eyes peered at him like daggers, his was a shield, deflecting whatever intimidating tone or aura she tried to project with his dull, tired gaze. But he was not being disrespectful, quite the opposite. It was evident he was being patient and did so only because it was Trinity, and if she had taken note of his disinterest, she would have also noted his endearing disposition try and understand. A huff of air and a smirk begat the man's lips as Trinity described that may not have been the answer he was looking for. Then the conversation circled back around to bear - always the bears. He wanted to drop his head into his hands when she had, but withholding the urge, he only managed to flutter his eyelids in dismay. Accepting it, he watched her, keeping eye contact with the woman as her hands remained delicately in front of her. She came forward, pulling the conversation back towards him about high nobility, her words rolling into his ear. Trinity rested a hand on his lower arm and said, "but, knowing you, I can't quite say for certain that you'd enjoy making the decisions for a lot of strangers, mm? Somehow it's hard to see you ruling over an abundance of citizens. Though, seeing them wear your colors would be quite the thrill." His shoulders sank as he exhaled, a soft smile sneaking from the corners of his lips at her curious comment. "I leave the burden of responsibility onto you, Duchess," he murmured with a slightly playful dip of his head. "Could you imagine the possibility though! My style encompasses such a myriad of colors, I could never commit to a pallet, but now you have my mind reeling at the possibility," Xavier's smile grew slightly, his eyes resting upon the woman before him. "But you are correct. What you've told me is proof that high society suits you just fine. I am not unaware that I have difficulty seeing past myself, and so I am glad that position rests with you rather than my own. You are quite the complicated stir of things. I may not...understand most of it, but I do acknowledge it's uniqueness and the good will behind its efforts at the very least." Xavier arched an exuberant brow of his and chuckled, "oh to be so giving, perhaps one day your thoughtfulness of your people might rub off on me." He said, emphasizing his point with a gesture, sending her another one of his playful smirks and twiddling the end of his mustache. "Doubtful. I'd prefer to devote my time on being the one to pick the colors you wear rather than stressing myself over common riff raff, but that's why I'm here. Perhaps one day you might influence me enough to change that, but we shall see," he teased, tapping the end of her nose with a finger. "Regardless, hearing more about you is enlightening."

Quote :
Dazzled eyes sweeping across the chandeliers that glinted from light streaking in from the windows, Jericho's smile spread wide across his face. He nodded to Juniper's response, the calmness in her tone making him feel warm inside. "Ohhh, I understand," he assured her when she talked about displaying her family's heritage, feeling he felt the same within his own life. "Family is something to be very proud of, especially your ancestry, so I am glad you can give them honor. I think they're very proud," Jericho said pluckily, laughter falling from his lips at her playful nudge. He nudged her back, eyes twinkling before picking up the pace as he rose the curled stairwell. Rushing by Juniper, he pranced up each step, his head turning to admire every nook and cranny within his field of view. His little fingers dangled at the railing, only to feel its cold touch against his hands. He leaned out at one point, head swung over the edge, smile pushing far into his cheeks, and he bubbled sweetly, "I think I will too." And he passed a look to Juniper, swelled in pride. Carrying up the staircase, taking a right into the upper floor, he scurried around the different locations of the rooms, wishing to know every little secret they held. "Did you live here since you were little?" He asked. "It is so lonely for such a big house, but I am glad you have people who help you here and take care of your land. Do they live here too? And will I meet all of them?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Quote :
Trinity watched the man before her with great amusement, his grand expressions always making her smile. Regardless of how serious a conversation may be, he always lightened it with his dramatics. Certainly better than boring nobility meetings, that was for sure. Her eyes tracked his every little movement, especially when he curled his mustache around his finger. She was shocked he ever messed with it when he did, not after he was so particular about it. But Xavier never made himself very typical in the first place. He continued on, saying he was more glad to dress her than any commoner, bopping her on the nose with a finger. It brought a wide grin to her face at the gesture, withholding another blush. “Hearing about you is enlightening too, but if I must speak of myself, I am glad you enjoy listening,” she mused, stepping closer to him leaning against the wall. “If you do ever want to commit to a palette, well, you know I’m all ears. I would love to see a style fitting for just you, something that screams ‘Xavier Finn’ as you go from place to place. After all, my vault of wealth sits around most of the time. I might as well put it to use eventually. But, if it is so difficult to find a palette, I’d be more than happy to be a test subject.” Her hand still rested on his arm, and she fiddled with the cuff of his sleeve. “What’s say we dive into it when you return from your trip? Find what really matches my crown. What you have done already for me is astonishing, but imagine the impact with a crown. I’d be unstoppable.” She laughed under her breath, meeting his dark eyes above her. “It’d be a fun project for both of us, I believe.”

Quote :
Juniper couldn’t really explain the warmth that filled her chest to see Jericho so happy and content, excitement filling his expression as he rushed ahead of her and took in the sights of her manor. He was like a young child, thrilled with the possibility of discovery. She had a feeling he’d find himself in trouble one of these days, getting kicked out of a room or two he wasn’t supposed to wander into. But, she wouldn’t expect anything less from the boy. She relaxed further when he understood her family pride, the way she displayed it in her home. Far different from Xavier’s reaction, that was for certain. She climbed the stairs slower than he did, her leg beginning to ache again, but she made it to the top and was thankful to get on flat ground again as she followed smoothly behind him. His words carried behind her, echoing through the large hall that they walked down. It felt wide and spacious, wooden planks shining beneath their feet and a few archways to their left opening to a rectangular room, windows filling the back wall and comfortable couches and chairs strewn about with various rugs and bookshelves on either side of the room. The other side contained a set of two carved wooden doors, and beyond at the end of the hall lay a railing, overlooking the room below. It veered off to the left, where more double doors lay, three sets apart from each other. “I...Yes. I have been in this house since I was a child - I was born here. It usually has one or two people here for my companionship, but times are different.” She shrugged, though doubted he could see it. “My staff are my friends as much as I can make them. They all have their own living quarters, off apart from this land, a bit sequestered in the forest down a path. Everyone is assigned a home plot, and can build upon it as large as the plot allows. It’s a tiny village of sorts. I figured they’d prefer that over living together in a giant building. You’re more than welcome to visit down there, if they allow you. If not, you’ll see people here and you’re free to meet anyone you wish. It may take you a while, but I’m sure they’d be pleased to have such an enthusiastic guest.” She nodded to confirm it. “I’m friends with quite a few. It’s hard to be true friends, though, as I am still their oversight and they are my staff. But I try to provide them with what I would give a friend. Hence, the homes and nights off, along with other provisions. The person I am looking for knew just about everyone here by name.” She chuckled softly, eyes glancing at the rug under her feet as she walked behind him. “They would know everything about everyone, and keep up with it. I never knew how they did it, but it was impressive. Maybe you’ll do the same, get to know everyone. They’d like it, I know that for certain. You’re a very likeable person, Jericho.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Quote :
"How could I not, high nobles fascinate me," Xavier teased at her muse. Trinity approached him with a gleam in her smile, asking if he was interested in committing to his own line of fashion. The man's eyes glinted like the golden cuffs Trinity fiddled with when she suggested what he thought she was suggesting. His chest felt a flutter, the surprise taking his words for a second before he exuberantly expressed, "REALLY?! Oh be aware I will not back down from the challenge once I've latched onto it. I will be wholly intolerable if you deprive me of this, I solemnly swear it!" He announced, placing one hand on the curve of his waist and the other on his mouth as his mind wandered across the vast stretch of possibilities that were unraveling before his eyes. Such unbridled excitement danced in his face, but he already had hints of what he would do with it. "Test subject. No, you are a model. The embodiment of empowering nobility and I will emphasize that again if I must, your enigmatic charm is terribly valuable." Eyes flicking to Trinity, he set his arm over her sociably, a soft grin dancing on his lips. "The world will be smitten! Not only would you be unstoppable but the world would be all the better for it." Xavier clicked his tongue, the rush of newfound excitement easing. "This puts me in such a good mood I might even make an outfit for you to go along with your crown as the starter gem piece for my collection. Yes, yes." He said, tapping his chin to mull over the idea and the possible colors he'd have to pick from. He laughed a little and said, "what colors would you like to see in that? Any preference, or just the usual, my dear?"

Quote :
Poking his nose around the different decor that were displayed on the furniture and walls, he slipped around the room, giddily smiling to himself at every new discovery. He caught the creaking of the floorboards when Juniper managed to clamber her way to the upper floor from the staircase, his mind still absorbed in the stimuli around him. He was peering inside a vase when Juniper had answered his question. Her words tickled his ears, igniting his imagination about how her life must have been when she was a child. Was she the way she was now, he wondered with eyes sparkling as his head swiveled to the bookshelves. His feet pattered as he whirled across the room and hopped in front of the shelves, admiring the different spines on the books, his finger trailing across their texture. "How weird! I would think having more people living in the same place would be something you would have liked, especially if you already sort of live together. Where I was from, sometimes we would all sleep in the same room together. It gives you that warm feeling a hug would, but among many people. People here should do it more," he chimed, suddenly finding himself giggling. "Maybe it would make them less up tight." Jericho laughed at the thought, his ear now pricked at Juniper's every word and step. He could place her precisely in the room, even if his back was angled away. When she discussed her village some more, his cheeks turned a soft pink hue when he heard her talk about how her people would be pleased to have such an enthusiastic guest. That was high praise coming from her, and he still wasn't used to it. "Oh, thank you," he expressed, beaming back at her while she ambled smoothly behind him. "I bet it would be hard to remember many faces, especially with how busy you are. But I know you can do it. Everyone has their own little story with little secrets, so it makes it fun to get to know them in that way." He stared at the rug below his feet, admiring the little details before catching Juniper's words as she suggested that he might be like the person who used to live here with her. There was such honesty behind her words when she said he was a likable person. Jericho turned on his heel and started to walk backward to face her now, his eyes staring up at his companion, with a little laugh slipping from his lips. "You are too, Juniper," he said. "I'm sure your people wouldn't be so nice if they didn't think so too. And I like you, you are comforting to be around, like a friend I have known for years. Which is funny I think, but I also find it fun that way."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 7:04 pm

Quote :
The man was so thrilled by the idea that it completely caught the duchess off guard. He really liked her idea? She would have imagined him to ponder it, take it into consideration before solidifying his choice. But no, here he was proudly declaring his new project to her. It flattered her that he would take to her words so quickly. What a man she had captured. His eyes danced with delight as he gushed over it all, not to mention telling her she would be his prized model. Her own eyes widened at his declaration, Xavier still going on and on. Trinity hardly knew what to say to all his excitement. But when he finally asked her of her color preference, she laughed lightheartedly, setting a hand over his where it lay on her shoulder. “Oh, my dear, you should know my colors like the insignia on my flag,” she teased softly, fluttering her lashes up at him. “But my crown contains orange and green gems within the gold, so you can tie it in with that. Of course, I would have to have the item to know the exact shades, which are very important, which is why this mission is also crucial for you, my Xavier. We simply can’t have mismatching hues on such an important wardrobe.” She shook her head in emphasis, propping her other hand on her waist. “But my forests have such fine inspiration, the trees and foliage in their greenery, as well as the sunrise and sunfall of the sun with its oranges. I’d be more than pleased to provide you with a covered passage through them if you ever need to. Though I imagine the crown will be good enough for your color collection?”

Quote :
Juniper eased up against one of the arch frames, sticking her hands in her pockets as she watched Jericho investigate the large room they currently resided in. He was so fascinated by every little detail that she wondered how long he would take memorizing everything in the manor. It would certainly keep him busy if that curiosity stayed at its current intensity. She was curious by his family however as he explained it. She couldn’t imagine sleeping among so many people, the overwhelming warmth that would follow. It made her skin crawl just thinking about it, but kept her face collected, no sign of the discomfort she felt with imagining the scenario. He came from such a different life than hers. “Perhaps it would, if they enjoyed that type of contact. But nobility tend to be pretty stuck up in general, and it’s hard enough to get them to do what you’d like them to do, let along invite them to a sleepover of that size. Maybe one day, though. If you make enough friends, I’d be willing to let you take over one of the sitting rooms, turn it into a cushioned sleeping area to have that experience again with them. I’m afraid I could not join, but I can provide what you would need. I want you to feel safe and at home here.” Their eyes met when he beamed over at her, looking to the rug beneath them for a few moments and speaking before their gaze was met again, this time with a gentler look upon his face. The words he spoke next could have completely shattered her had she not been leaning against something. Her lower lip quivered and she bit down on it, glancing away to the side as she fought the warmth in the corners of her eyes. She never had anyone but Solomon stay her entire life, and the man had left as soon as he threw her his title. Her little sister had vanished to the wind, and her parents were gone. The person that once brought life into the manor with her was lost, captured. With her title being given so young, it was hard to make friends, and harder to even find time for herself.  Yet here Jericho was, bonding with her so easily that he felt comfortable enough to call her a close friend. He was a missing piece that was brought into the manor to start filling in the voids she felt so strongly over every inch of the place. Pushing off the wooden panel, Juniper walked the few steps over to him and threw her arms around his smaller figure, holding him tightly as small tears rolled down her cheeks. She hardly knew what to say, what to do otherwise than holding him close to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Quote :
Jericho bit his lip, thinking about what Juniper had said about nobles being stuck up, unable to imagine just how sad of a life they must have to feel so reserved all the time. A pause crept in between them, one he hadn't thought too hard on, but then his eyes passed over to Juniper and before he knew it, she had stepped in and pulled him into a loving embrace. He hadn't expected it, his brows lifting in a curious expression before he sweetly smiled and wrapped his arms around her too. When she had held him tighter, a wave of surprise suddenly dawned on Jericho, and he sensed the heartache within her. It caused his own heart to throb in sorrow and he hugged her more, squeezing her tightly to heal all the shattered bits within her. Tears gathered at the edges of his eyes, but they faded once he felt the love she was trying to express to him. He breathed, enjoying the moment and feeling comforted by the embrace. "I'm glad to have met you," he said calmly, smiling to himself. When he felt the throbbing in her chest subside, he gazed up at her with his big ice green eyes, and he used one hand to gently brush a tear from her face.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Quote :
Juniper held the boy for a long moment, unable to conjure any words that would explain herself, to apologize even for her suddenness. But when his arms wrapped back around her, she stifled a sob, simply soaking in his presence that she had for this time. Their silence filled the room, not even the home making a noise to disturb them. Before long, Jericho had taken a small step back, smiling with the world in his eyes as he lifted a hand, his fingers brushing across her cheek to wipe her tears. She let out a soft, small laugh, brushing a hand through her hair as he spoke to her. How could she ever repay Jericho for all he had done, in the short time they had known each other? Not even his own castle would be enough for him. She reached down and stroked his hair for a moment, feeling the softness under her fingers. “I’m glad to have met you too,” she choked, sniffing and quickly wiping away the rest of her tears. She felt a bit shameful to have suddenly cried in front of the boy, who had only been excited to see her home. “I-I’m sorry, I just...it's so empty here. Having someone here who understands me, well...that hasn’t been the case here for a while.” She dropped her hand, shoving them back into her pockets again and gazing at the ground. “Not many people tolerate who I am, who I am really beyond my status and my noble work. That is something I will need to show you...so I cherish what we have right now.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Quote :
The silent air nurtured the moment while Jericho watched Juniper with unconditional acceptance. A smile blossomed at his lips as Juniper couldn't help but let a stifled, gentle laugh slip her, no doubt baffled from her sudden reaction. She was not used to doing this, he knew, but he liked seeing it in her. She was being very brave. A glowing smile radiated from Jericho as she stroked his soft, mousy brown hair, sniffling and saying that she was glad to meet him too. He smiled, lightly pulling the side of his hood to keep it from falling, eyes gazing up at her lovingly. When she apologized, digging her hands into her pockets, Jericho cocked his head slightly. Her eyes left his, lowering to the ground, and he spoke up over the stillness after her words were done. "I cherish it too," he agreed, expressing his approval. He came forward, taking her gently by the wrist and then her hand. Holding her fingers, he looked up at her, tilting his head again just so. "But don't be sorry, moments like these are special, they help connect us, and you live in a hard world. You need all the connection you can get," he cheered softly, his chin raising to give her the encouragement she needed. Grasping her hand still, he pulled it as he began leading her down the room, the smile running across his lips again. "I don't plan on leaving," he explained. "I did some thinking, but it looks like you need me here for a little longer, so that's my plan. I hope you're okay with that," he said, giggling.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Quote :
The marquise wasn’t sure how she had ended up in this moment, finding comfort with the boy before her. There had been too many months of emptiness, of finding her ways out of the manor and searching to only come up empty handed. Yet here he stood, eager to be her companion and so trusting of her. She didn’t deserve a friend like him. His soft voice washed over her as he took her fingers in his hand, squeezing them slightly. He was right - she did live in a hard world. A hard, unforgiving world, that liked to rip things away from her. She only hoped it would not take her Jericho away too. They began to leave the room, the boy making his way down the room and hall as he explained his decision to stay. Juniper couldn’t help but huff in amusement, squeezing his hand. “I’ve been trying to convince you to stay since I offered, but now you agree once I cried? I guess I need to work on my tears,” she teased softly with another sniff, only for his ears to hear. “I’m joking. But I am...really glad you’ve decided to stick around. Like I said, you’re free to do anything here, whatever you want to do or see you’re welcome to it. I’m usually around anyways, what with my work keeping me cooped up inside. It will be nice to have someone to pull me out of my office sometimes.” Her blue eyes stayed focused on him as they walked, taking in every second she had beside him. "Do you have anywhere in particular you want to see, before I show you your room? It's a big place, but I'm sure there's rooms you're curious about."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Quote :
Jericho felt a laugh sputter from his lips when she cracked a joke in the conversation, still sniffling her tears away but feeling better, which made him happy. He didn't know she made many jokes, but he liked it. He shook his head, smiling from ear to ear. "If you cry too much, you will make me look tough and what am I supposed to do when you're not the tough one?" He looked back at her in a brief fit of giggles. They continued down for a little ways, meandering through rooms so he could poke his head in through the doorways to see what was in each of them. "I can't imagine how bored you must get, just sitting cooped up at home. You need to climb something every once in a while to get your head out of the earth," he said, pulling into the next room. His eyes zoomed from one corner to the next, taking in every shape with one go before moving on. Her question pricked his ears. "I like just looking around. I'm sure I'll get more time to look at everything later, because what's the fun in seeing everything now," he answered with a smile flashing her way. When they wandered into the next area, he slowed to a stop, then softly looked at Juniper and rocked on his toes. "Okay, now you can lead," he said, lowering her hand.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm

Quote :
When Jericho laughed at his own response, Juniper couldn't help but laugh softly with him, shaking her head. Imagining him as the tough man in their pair was a sight to see. He could be intimidating with his skillset, but his physique left something to be feared by. For her though, that was okay. She didn't need someone strong at her side- she preferred someone who could back her up, and get away quick enough. Jericho seemed to have that capability, if the badgers gave any clues. "I suppose you'd have to toughen up. Get a black hood, some visible daggers, wear really tall boots. But I can't say any of those would look good on you, aside from the hood. Speaking of, maybe I should give you some other colored ones, for when we are out and about. Like my realm colors, so we could match. Would you be interested?" She was certain the boy would like it, but she wasn't sure how bonded he was to his current collection of hoods. It did disappoint her too that she couldn't see him without the head covering, but she would tolerate it for his sake. He didn't pry into her life, after all. They continued down the hall, Jericho peeking his head into every door they passed and glancing around before prancing down and opening the next. Most of the rooms were simple, aside from the double doors that contained a well made guest bedroom beyond them. The railing at the end overlooked a tall gallery, a giant room pristine and shining with statues placed into nooks along the wall and some benches and plants scattered about. The ceiling at the top of the room was pure glass and iron filigree, cascading natural light onto the objects below. They continued off to the left, where the hall closed in again and they passed a few more rooms before Jericho stopped at the end, where glass doors now stood to a long pathway ahead. He claimed she could lead, and began to drop her hand, but she held on. "If you ever want me to accompany you in your adventures of the estate, I will usually be available. I like to see your reactions to my home." She led him forward through the doors that opened to the walkway, an open aired bridge that overlooked the courtyard on the left as they walked near the edge. A couple soldiers were posted on either side of the large bridge to keep watch, and bowed their heads respectfully to Juniper as she passed, some looking a bit longer at Jericho before returning their gazes to their target area. The courtyard teemed with flowers and gleaming stone pathways, tall trees and a long river flowing through the center making it a small meadow in the middle of the manor. Juniper paused for a moment to overlook it. "I have a special name for this place," she murmured softly to him. "I restored it and gave it new life when I became marquise. When you are walking through it, you are in another world." She let him observe it for a few moments before continuing, entering a set of large, double iron doors and turning left into a wide open space. The room was large, more tall windows on the left side of the wall to overlook the courtyard and a grand room full of worn couches, paintings of the ocean on the walls, and enough wood to replicate the inner hull of a ship. Resin accents of blues and teals resembling water were brushed through some of the walls, a reminder of the merging of ocean and ship. A large fireplace stood on the right wall upon entering, a cozy space set up just before it with chairs set up right by the stone platform around it. "This is my private wing, at the back of my manor," she explained. "I have my entire suite located in this building alone, all three floors dedicated to myself. I also have two guest suites, a couple amusement rooms, a nursery, and my own private tower to overlook the sea." Juniper took in a deep breath of the space and let it out slowly, dropping his hand finally. "Your suite is located here. This is the safest spot in the entire manor - you will be kept protected." She gestured for him to follow, walking towards the hallway in the middle of the left wall. However, Juniper paused, looking to her right, the opposite wall to the windows. "That is one suite there," she said, nodding her head to the double doors on the wall. To the side of the wall was another hallway, which she went down. It opened to a slightly wider hallway, revealing a window and a wall off to the left that contained another set of ornate doors. "Are you ready to see your room?"
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Quote :
Passing a stray glance at his feet when she talked about him needing tall boots, he curiously looked back at her, wondering how he would look like in taller boots anyway. Though she was probably right, he wasn't sure how well they would suit him but it was still nice to think about, especially now that she mentioned it. "I would think so, I never thought about changing my look, but I wouldn't mind since it was fun back when we did it with the badgers," he explained. His smile gleamed as Juniper pushed open the glass doors, letting in a fresh breeze, which rustled the ends of his hair. He watched her, listening to her responses as they walked along the open bridge, Jericho staring at the edge and wishing he could handle his legs over the edge. The clear open sky and fresh air had always given him such a surge of unbridled energy, but he decided he might save that adventure for another time. Catching the figures of the guards stationed to over-watch the bridge, Jericho admired their twinkling armor for a little while, slipping beside Juniper and passing them a friendly farewell wave. A brief smile surfaced on his features before he picked up his gait, confidently striding next to her, arms swinging with youthful energy. The scents, the sounds, they dizzied his mind with glee when he panned his gaze over the sprouted flowers and rustling trees. Such wonderful colors, he was gladdened to see them, and took in Juniper's every word with awe. She was so kind to have restored such a wonderful place. He of course, made his way around the different flowers, admiring their soft, delicate petals and the awning of leaves over each tree, thumbing through his knowledge on vegetation to try and put a name with each plant. When he finished, he said, "so pretty," aloud, and made his way towards the two iron doors. They came open with a creak, revealing the private wing and all its new, fantastical decor. Jericho looked about, bemused, but he shot a wide gaze at Juniper when one of Juniper's words grazed his ears. "The sea?" He inquired, eyes wide. "It's that close-!" Jericho practically swallowed his words, his eyes following Juniper as she came upon his his room door, the light basking over her figure as she reached the end of the hall, asking if he would like to see his room. "Room first, then the sea," he noted, counting the two things on his fingers in a sociable way before gliding his way to her side. Face to face with the door, he felt the anticipation well in his chest and he bobbed on his heel, looking to her and the door. "Yes, I am ready now," he said a bubbling enthusiasm, enjoying the presence of the new things around him.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:49 pm

Quote :
Juniper stood still, glancing at Jericho with the softest smile on her face. His face hadn’t faltered once since they had entered the manor, taking in everything for the first time. To have that disbelief again when she remodeled… She waved that thought aside, slipping her hands into her pockets. She was more surprised that Jericho was so thrilled about the sea. Did he share the same passions about it that she did? Her smile broadened at the thought, wondering when she could pull him out to sail on her smaller, private ship in the ocean, escape the world for a while. “The sea is very close, yes. About...fifteen  minutes on horseback, not far at all. I keep close to it to overlook my Kingfisher Cove docks, especially as my work involves it.” She nodded once, moving to the doors and setting a hand on one of the handles. “But we can certainly get you settled in your room before then.” Opening the door wide, she stepped into a long, rectangular suite, natural light flooding the space. The right wall was covered with windows and glass doors, leading to a balcony with a private pool and a few sitting chairs by the railing to overlook the same forests and seas she mentioned earlier. Inside, a seating area sat in the middle of the room, cream couches atop a sea blue rug and underneath a simple golden chandelier hanging above. Further beyond, double wooden doors were against the left wall after a set of two bookshelves lined with various novels, a kitchen setup at the end of the room with cabinets, a bar island, and pots hanging against the wall with a block of knives on one of the marble counters. Everything was decorated in the same creams and blues, along with light woods, bringing a beach-like feel to the entire space. “This is your suite to enjoy,” Juniper stated, stepping off to the side, her boots tapping on the palm wood beneath that covered the flooring of the entire room. “Completely private, accessed only by you and those you allow. Feel free to redecorate as you see fit - it belongs to you now.” Her eyes were hazy, trying to fight back tears thinking about how she’d finally have someone in her empty manor to visit. It wouldn’t be just her decorating and redesigning. “This is the main room, however your bedroom is closed off in the next one.” She gestured for him to follow, going to the other double doors and entering. The queen-sized bed was placed at the far wall, facing the doorway, an ornately carved wooden bed frame surrounding the cream and white sheets. A light wood nightstand was on either side of the bed, each containing a candlestick to light in the evening. The room extended further to the right, leading to windows along the side and another balcony, much smaller than the other but still enough room for two chairs that sat there. A desk and chair was on the wall with the doors, around the corner and ready for writing. The closet was to the left, ending the other side with the sliding door open to reveal the empty walk-in space, three walls inside to contain any clothes the boy wished to put inside. To the left of the closet resided a nook and a partially lit spiral staircase that led down to the first level of the manor. “This is your bedroom, though that may be obvious,” she mused. “Again, completely private. The staircase leads to a sunroom, basically a big room with lots and lots of windows on the wall. I didn’t really have any purpose for that room, and there’s no furniture or anything, so you’re free to do with it what you wish.” Juniper let out a sigh, feeling a little ashamed that she didn’t have more to show him, some extravagant reveal. But she hoped he would like this space she had for him, and make it his own. “So, there you go. Your own little suite to enjoy.” She chuckled softly, turning to face him. “What do you think?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 2:16 am

Quote :
Eagerly picking up her words about the sea, Jericho rolled his mind around the possibility that the sea was as close as she promised. To think that after spending his years inland, he would finally be meeting the ocean was such an intriguing concept to him. He had heard a slew of stories and tales revolved around the coastline, but he'd never actually experienced it firsthand, and to think all of that knowledge was so close. It was thrilling! Giddily smiling up to Juniper, eyes gleaming like the sun peeking through an awning of forest trees, Jericho's attention was honed on what laid beyond the door. Juniper pushed it open, revealing a grand room, enriched in curious decor, glass doors, and adorned in a quaint blue and cream theme. His glee overtook him, causing him to withhold all the pent up excitement by bobbing up and down on his toes. He stared, at Juniper, as if waiting for her permission to venture in. She told him the room was private, only accessed by him, and that it was his. When she said this, his eyes swapped between the room and Juniper, then back at the room in an unsure dance to see if he was allowed to finally go forward and see it all for himself. From Juniper's body language and the affirmation that the room was his, he juggled his own conclusion, and finally brought the widest grin upon his face. He whirled past Juniper, wasting no time to experience the sights and sounds as he shot around every bookcase, every door, and nightstand. He zipped around Juniper as she gave the tour, his energy bubbling up and remaining composed enough to reel in her every word and gesture. Even when he was excited, some part of him always liked to remain down to earth. He was attentive like that. Jericho made soft comments to himself about every other object as he came to them; "what a funny little square box," he would say about the nightstands, peeking through each of the drawers to see what could possibly lie within. "I wonder if anything lives in these little boxes..." he said aloud, but of course, he was met with nothing but empty drawers, much to his dismay. Even so, that didn't rule out the possibility of little mice or bugs making their nests in one someday. He moved on, leaping around, making note of every inch of the room--from the ceiling, to the individual floorboards, and the textures on the wall--he was determined to recall every detail. Juniper came around the a spiral staircase, explaining that it would lead to his bedroom suite and a 'sunroom.' Jericho bunched his brows, craning his neck to peer around the entrance of the staircase. Then he looked to Juniper, lightly confused. "What do people do with sunrooms?" He asked, coming up from kneeling down position beside the bookshelf to respond. "I don't have much, I really just enjoy what I see already," he said, suddenly perking up when she asked him what he thought about the room. His eyes traveled from the chandelier to the windows, his ice green eyes sparkling like a bright summer's day. "I think it's beautiful." A soft smile played on his lips, and his tone indicated just how much appreciation and awe he felt in that moment. He didn't like to put much into words, so he ran up, and gave her a hug. The impact, nearly teetering her on her heel. "Thank you, Juniper," he said, nuzzling up to her with the biggest smile on his face. "It's a perfect room," he said. Beaming again, he slipped away, examining the room once more, an elated feeling rising in him. It was almost a little sad, it was the first time in a long time that something reminded him of home.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Quote :
Juniper felt her unwarranted worry sinking into the pit of her stomach, the thought that maybe Jericho didn’t like it all despite her seeing with her very own eyes his excitement and thrill to be in his own space. He probably touched every item within sight, even looking in each drawer of the nightstands and touching the floor, the walls, the bedframe, as though committing each to memory. It was hard to believe she had someone here that was truly happy to be welcomed into her manor in such a manner as his. As they stood in the bedroom, he asked about the purpose of a sunroom, and she smiled slightly. “It’s a room mostly surrounded by windows on the walls, tall windows to let in the sun. It’s used primarily for hosting guests, or more commonly around here, relaxing. I tend to use mine for drinking coffee in the mornings and reading over notes I’ve procured before my work day begins.” Her eyes trailed his movement as he made his way across the room, investigating every corner before his attention was brought back to her, ice green eyes gleaming with possibilities. Yet when he spoke, she could feel him ripping her insides again, just like he had earlier. What was up with her today? She had never been this emotional. Swallowing the knot in her throat, she opened her mouth to thank him when he lunged forward, pulling her into a tight hug and nuzzling himself into her. She fought with everything she had to not cry again, brushing her hand through his hair as he held her and she returned the affection. It didn’t last as long as she liked, but Jericho was happy regardless, still fascinated by the room and the space she had provided him. Juniper brushed a hand through her hair, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly to remove the bit of heat in her face of embarrassment. “I’m glad you like it,” she murmured softly. “You’re free to do anything you want, within the manor policies of course, but any decorating doesn’t need approval. As for money, if you help my work and accompany me on my trips, you’ll receive a fair wage. You can also busy yourself with small tasks around the manor with my staff, if you’d like. I can have them inform me of your work and I can make sure you are paid for those as well. I want to be sure you’re well provided for, but I do require my guests to do some form of labor if they...need the assistance.” She cleared her throat, avoiding his gaze for a moment. “Not that I believe you don’t have much, but...ack, I’m not exactly wording it right.” The marquise folded her arms over her chest tightly, “I don’t like giving handouts, is all.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next