Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Quote :
Esme

Both still with warm cheeks, they continued to carry on with their conversation, all the while trying to ignore the awkwardness of their situations. She knew he had to be quite perplexed over the attire they wore, evidently to celebrate a young kits birth date, how could he not be? Knowing from her previous studies on different species and their culture as well as her personal experiences with them, all seemed to celebrate the life of a child in different ways. However, a nice handful of them did not celebrate with such attire as hers did…. All in all this had to be quite the shock to his system. Feeling even more embarrassed over her attire Esme continued to hold on to her sides, hiding the exposed fur. Unlike herself, many of the others had little knowledge of those outside the caravan, about their cultures and lifestyles so to them there was nothing embarrassing about what they wore for the occasion, many even found great pride in wearing their festive clothes but that was to be expected, it was for their gods after all. No matter, she should have plenty of time this evening to explain to her Dragonborn company about their ways… Calming her inner whorl of thoughts, the Leopard perked her ears to his awkward chuckle and the beginning of his response, “I-I certainly feel comfortable enough for an evening of dancing. And if they somehow end up in the fire,...” repeating that last phrase in her head, the woman wore quite the astonished look on her muzzle, however, that expression left as quickly as it had came. Though the leopard had only known him for a meer few hours, she knew Tarjinn wasn’t that kind of fellow and quickly put those shocked thoughts to rest. With an amused chuckle Esme relaxed a bit and removed one of her arms from around her waist to tuck a bit of hair back behind her shoulder, “That’s wonderful, feeling comfortable in one's own attire is the best way to feel when amongst a crowd.” She told him, though she herself did not feel so comfortable. “And I would certainly hope not… Though I know you were only jesting, if one were to even accidently burn their attire as apart of the caravan… you’d be looked down upon and viewed as a disgrace. That is why most will changed out of their festive wear by the time the moon is almost at its highest peak. At that time, all cubs will be resting and the alcoholic drink of the catfolk will be brought out.” she informed him, “After all, our fancy attire isn’t for attracting an audience, it’s for our gods.” Shortly after that, the topic regarding the temperature was brought up which happened to cause Esme to blink with a bit of surprise, what did he mean by help her? Obviously, he meant to help more physically rather than handing her a cool drink. Shortly after his suggestion, the Dragonborn seemed to fill his lungs before gently blowing a cool breeze over her being. Almost instantly her body was cooled and the demand for distance between her and the fire was quenched. Feeling dumbfounded all over again, the woman let a light awkward chuckle leave her maw as she placed a hand against her cheek, a look of admiration in her eyes “How could I forget, you’re god has blessed you with such a wonderful gift, thank you T-Tarjinn.” She stammered as she removed her hand from her cheek and smiled at him. At that time the draconic male spoke again, hoping he wasn’t to forward with his sudden actions. Waving her right hand in a quick gesture she chuckled gently, “No no, not at all. I am grateful.” of course, the woman was still somewhat shocked and her mind had flown to other similar actions which were exchanged between lovers. She couldn’t deny, her young feline mind had flown to the most unlikely reasons for his lips to part in such a manner and blowing against her. It was as if he was blowing her a kiss… feeling her body become overwhelmed with that shy sensation once more Esme glanced off to the side as she attempted to suppress the highly unlikely thoughts. She knew he had hardly any knowledge of the cat-folk and their gestures and body language towards one another, it was only natural he had no idea to what he had just done and what it would mean to others, Hopefully no one had seen it… Nodding her head as she lifted her eyes once more, Esme continued onward to not only get herself a drink but to also show Tarjinn were the refreshments were. “Y-yes we do, we have different kinds that our people create with the juice of different fruits and plants obtain through our journeys.” She told him before averting her gaze once more, “And we do have our own special alcohol but that will not see the light of the moon until the moon is nearly at its highest… thought, I do not see you as the type to be interested in such a beverage.” looking back over at him the feline scanned his face, she was kind of curious, did you enjoy to drink every great once in a while? Or was he not a drinker at all? She herself wasn’t one to drink, however if it was to show politeness or had to do with something similar the woman wasn’t against a taste… however, she never was able to handle her alcohol well. About that time Ovarr and Rorran had at some point wondered up to their sides, “Let's hope none of us lose our clothing this early into the night” his voice bellowed from behind as a hearty laugh covered up Esme’s own delicate mirth. Flipping a look back over her shoulder as he walked around the two of them her eyes followed, the cougar then rested an elbow on Esme’s shoulder and sent his own toothy grin over at Tarjinn and winkied, “I didn’t take you as one to move so quickly Tar… Quite something to make such a gesture to a female that you haven’t even started courting yet!” just how long had he been listening to their conversation?! Clearly, he was trying to imply something which only caused Esme’s face to burn, she’d be surprised if her fur was not looking pink from how hot her skin felt. “O-OVARR!” She blurted, all the while the cougar male was chuckling up a storm. For a moment, Rorran had assumed Tarjinn had done exactly what Ovarr had assumed and promptly began teasing. Looking up at the two, she wasn’t exactly sure what to make of the situation. “Tarjinn…?” Clearly even the tabby was thinking the same but was polite enough not to act as Ovarr was. Not giving them the time they needed to make any more assumptions Esme grabbed ahold of Tarjinn’s scally hand and began leading him towards the refreshments. Unable to speak at first, clearly she was embarrassed, “F-f-forgive them, they simply assumed ss-something th-they should not have.” She managed to say as they arrived where most of the refreshments were placed. With her ears back and her tail flipping from side to side the large cat attempted to calm her mind, she hoped he wasn’t regretting having come to the event… so far all they seemed to feel was uneasiness.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The dragonborn couldn’t help but notice her covering her midsection and sides with her arms, seemingly noticing his somewhat uncomfortable stature about her attire. He felt bad for feeling such a way, but then again, it was just the same as her coming across him, a towering creature made of scales that could skin a deer alive if one was pried from him. And sharpened. Getting off that topic however, he watched her ears perk and watch him as they walked. It made her look cheerful, he noticed, more attentive. He did notice the flash of embarrassment across her face though. Yes, clothes in the fire was an awkward thing to mention. Why he even spoke those words aloud were beyond his knowledge. Discussing clothes too...that wasn’t him. Perhaps it was his retainers, with their wild tendencies and lack of such belongings at the worst moments. He did however tilt his head at her explanation of the loss of clothes. So it was more than a jest in their culture. That was good to know, and he was comforted by the fact that alcohol was not taken out until the ones at risk of being involved were away and safe in separate locations. If they had allowed their children to romp and play near the intoxicated adults, he didn’t care how much he respected the catfolk, he would have gone around and picked up each child to take them away the instant he saw. It was the same thing he would do if a baby was brought into the tavern. And as for the clothing, he would have protested against them seeing such skin - well, fur - exposed, but they were just as involved. Not his most pleasant time to stand back, but this was Esme, and these were the people that he wanted to learn about. He would be polite. “I see, that makes plenty of sense. My god does not care for personal appearances, but decorating yourself in attire that please yours is admirable, to be dedicated enough. I...hope you do not lose your fabrics in the beautiful fire.” After that though, with the mess with the cold breath he gave, he was about to try and keep his mouth full with drinks when she gave him a look with wide eyes. Grateful, and blessed? Well, he wasn’t expecting that as a response. He would have more expected a slap that he would have only slightly felt, or perhaps a scolding, but not praise. She still seemed a bit uneasy about the situation, or perhaps shy, but at least things could be better after this. “Well, I thank you for not being too upset about it. It is a blessing to carry such a lovely gift of breath from Bahamut. Perhaps it will come in handy later, when the fire needs to be prevented from spreading across town. But I will keep my breath to myself for now,” he mused lightly. After all, he would likely be around for most of the festival. The feline stammered beginning speaking again after she grabbed a drink, watching her show him the rest of the refreshments and explain their origins. Fascinating, really. He would not expect them to use fruits from the travels, but rather save them to sell. Then again, this was a very special celebration. “They are very colorful, that much is for certain. I enjoy seeing new varieties of things often overused or run dry. Some of these I have likely never even tasted in my life.” Picking up one glass, he held it towards the fire and was easily able to tell the colors that swirled within it. It was certainly a beautiful beverage, that was for certain. “Wow, this is fascinating to say the least.” He gazed down at her and lowered the glass when she mentioned the alcohol, laughing softly that sent icy particles flying into the air. “Yes, I am no alcoholic or an alcohol enthusiast. I partake in drinks only on certain occasions. Perhaps tonight I will have a taste, but I do not think it is honorable to waste your cognitivity with liquids that taint you. If you become drunk and lose your common sense, you have lost my respect if done willingly. I much prefer a nice drink when there is a reason, and in moderation.” He paused. “Ah, and you’ve got me rambling again. You have quite the influence.” He was about to tease her with another comment when Ovarr and a more calm Rorran approached him and the snow leopard. He would have ushered a greeting had the cougar had not implied something beyond what he was thinking. His eyes widened, watching the man lean on Esme with a cheeky grin up at him. What?! That was minutes ago at the least...the man certainly did love poking his nose into business that wasn’t his. Earlier was just a peek it seemed. He opened his mouth to argue, when Esme scolded him, halting the need to. He could scare the cougar half out of his wits if he tried, considering he was likely strong enough to toss him across the festival grounds, but Tarjinn felt no need for such punishment. This was Ovarr’s way of poking fun. But the worst part of it was Rorran’s look. Why were women always the ones to intimidate? With that look of hers, he felt as though he had disappointed his very own mother with such phrasing he used earlier. The color drained from his face, and he laughed once out of complete nerve-shot emotion. He really wanted to explain. His initial company though took his arm, pulling him aside with a just as nervous explanation. He agreed that it was a foul assumption to make, but he still wanted to clarify to Rorran at least. She trusted him, and that meant she needed something. “I-It’s okay...but hold on a moment, though.” Walking back the step or two to the couple, he cleared his throat, glass still in hand. “I never meant anything beyond the literal, Rorran,” he said down to the tiny cat. “I have no intentions with Esme beyond...well, beyond what I have already stated beforehand, and spending the festival alongside her.” He placed a scaled hand on the back of his neck. “I-I have no wishes to place my hand incorrectly on Esme or anyone else from the caravan or village.” Waiting a moment, he nodded quickly before he went back to the snow leopard, on the opposite side of where she had dragged him prior. “That was...something I’ve never experienced,” he said quietly, flashing his eyes to the crowd as he took a sip of his drink. “And this beverage is the same, wow. This evening is definitely different than what I expected it to be.” He offered a smile down to Esme, hoping things would smooth out entirely soon.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Quote :
Esme

Feeling Tarjinn’s hand slide from hers, Esme paused and turned back to watched the Dragonborn quickly begin to explain to the mother tabby. He cared for her judgement and it seemed he didn’t want any ill will towards him over this misunderstanding. Esme didn’t blame him, she didn’t want Rorran to have such thoughts regarding either of them. Feeling embarrassed over her actions to run from the awkward situation, the Snow Leopard stood in her place with her eyes looking towards the right. She could face any danger without batting an eye regardless of the risk it held towards her life, but being embarrassed and teased… almost always sent the female looking for a hole to hide away in.

Flicking her ears, Rorran watched as the two quickly began away from them, Esme being the one to grab the males hand first to retreat. However, Tarjinn quickly slowed the Leopard though he was most likely unsettled from the situation as well, he still made an effort to clarify his intentions. Perking her ears and crossing her arms as the dragon cleared his throat, the little woman began to tap her little foot, clearly she wanted to stomp on someone’s foot but she was waiting to see who exactly was the wrongdoer first. “Oh?” the house cat questioned with a slight tilt of her head, her fluffy tail slowly swaying behind her. “I see…” She said before extending her claws on her tapping foot and delivering a painful stomp to Ovarr’s foot. While the male yowled in pain, The grey tabby quickly whispered in the dragonborns ear, “ Then please, do inquire about our species an our gestures… Blowing on another is similar to blowing a kiss but it holds more meaning then such.” She told him softly. Knowing Esme wouldn’t assume such a thing of Tarjinn, seeing as they had only just met she knew it could have still flustered the feline, as well as, come off as just that to the surrounding eyes. “We needn't have more misunderstandings as these.” she told him with a gentle giggle. “Now, go enjoy the festivities.” She waved him off with a warm look in her eyes before returning to scolding Ovarr. Rorran was quite please though with their new scally friend, he was very polite and she knew he’d never lay a hand on a female without good and pure intentions.

Upon Tarjinn returning to Esme’s side the woman’s ears fell back, “Yes, I’m sorry you experienced that…. Forgive me.” She apologized gently, “I suppose the first thing we should speak about this evening are the different gestures we cat-folk commonly use... “ She said with a slight awkward chuckle. Holding her own drink in her free hand, the feline tilted the glass in a circular motion, swirling the contents around. The drink she held was almost blue in color and it’s consistance was slightly thick but not too thick to drink with ease. Focused on the drink, Esme lifted the glass to her lips and took a sip before returning her attention to Jinn. He seemed quite please with the sharp yet sweet taste of their fruity beverage. “Do you like it? It’s made with some rare fruits we acquired from our journey through the tropics. Luckly, this particular fruit is easy to dehydrate in the sun’s heat. Doing this we can later boil it to make this splendid drink.” She informed him, “You’ll be surprised to find that the fruit itself is actually black upon harvesting… most believed the fruit wasn’t safe to eat but it’s only a mask to keep predators at bay.” She continued rambling before pausing and realizing she was doing such, “Forgive me, I don’t mean to ramble.” She chuckled, he had been doing the same moments ago before Ovarr’s little scene. While she waited, Esme began watching the crowd. Many villagers were dancing while others were laughing and enjoying one another's presence. So far, the evening for everyone else was going smoothly. About that time, the woman felt something grab ahold of her skirt, though knowing only Tarjinn to be there beside her… surely he wasn’t grabbing her hind end! Of course he wouldn’t he wouldn’t dare do something like that. Freezing, the snow leopard stayed still until she heard the soft giggles and shhhing of a young kit. Glancing down, she gave the cub a questioning look as Suu grabbing ahold of her skirt and tried to hide herself in Esme’s attire. Clearly, the child hadn’t noticed Tarjinn as of yet, she was to busy hiding from her Tabaxi friend. Rushing around Esme to the Dragonborn, the child assume this figure was Bane. Grabbing hold of his pants the child hid behind him this time only to peak out to see if the Tabaxi cub was closing in. Lifting a hand to her lips Esme muffled a giggle as she looked over at the man, so this is what he looked like with a child playing about his legs.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

When Tarjinn stood before Rorran, he could practically feel that little foot tap-tap-tapping on his muzzle, the same punishment his mother would do when he was younger. She would likely not even physically hurt him, but that look...it certainly gave him the feeling that he was in for a whipping of words. She seemed to ponder his explanation, and before he could really fear when her claws appeared, she stomped on Ovarr’s foot and sent him into a howl while she spoke to him quieter. He had to crouch down to hear her, but he was oh so thankful that she trusted him enough that she believed the truth of the matter. However her words almost sent him into a tizzy. A breath holding more meaning? Oh great. No wonder Ovarr was so infatuated with him and Esme. His cheeks heated beneath his scales at even the mention of wrongdoing when it came to the supposedly affectionate gesture. The snow leopard probably knew exactly what it was and didn’t tell him. He would have cursed in dragon if he was not as loyal to Bahamut. She waved him off, but he was sure to put in a word before he left. “I apologize again for my words, and my gestures. I don’t mean to misstep so much tonight. But yes, we don’t need any more mishaps. I will be on my best behavior.” Smiling slightly with his nod, and appearing next to Esme again, he let out a long sigh after sipping his drink. She seemed to hear the conversation though, unsurprisingly, and if he had ears they would be back too. “Yes, that would likely help communicate better with your people. I only know so much from a friend of mine, but seeing as I consider you a new friend in my book, I would love to understand how your gestures work...even if I accidentally ended up on the wrong side of the page. We can discuss that first thing tonight.” Leaving that to rest, he watched as she took her rather interesting drink and sipped a part of it down. It was a very nice color, and the glass was certainly not from this village at all. He didn’t understand the work. But it was fantastically made, just like his own glass. If he had the opportunity, he would buy a collection to replace the ones at his manor, which were rather muted compared to these. At Esme’s question, his eyes perked to her face, and he smiled as she informed him about the beverage in his hand. Gazing down at it, he studied the color and consistency as she spoke about it. “Oh yes, it’s a very pleasant refreshment. I am surprised you would use such a rare fruit, but alas, I can understand why you would create a juice from it. It is very tasty and exotic. And black, you say?” He raised a brow. “I dare say I’ve never seen such a fruit like that, but I will put it on my list to discover. Perhaps I will bring home some of them to create into a juice that I can freeze. I am certain that my companions would appreciate a new foreign taste.” She apologized for rambling afterwards, which caused him to laugh for a solid moment. “Seems we both love to ramble. But it shows our valid interest in the subject we are discussing.; do not apologize for rambling, despite my hypocrisy on it. I want to know much about you as well as what you have discovered on your travels through your life. This festival is telling me that I should never assume that anything is what is seems. Especially after the cooling incident.” The red flashed to his face for only a moment before he took a breath to keep it from appearing again. He was about to ask more when he noticed a flash in the darkness, and jingles on Esme’s outfit. It certainly wasn’t the wind, and they were both standing still. Looking down, he saw a tiny figure hiding behind her, too small for him to see the details other than a colorful outfit like the catfolk’s and a furry hide. Was this the famed Suu? He wanted to ask, but stayed quiet, especially hearing the shushing of the little cat. He would be polite and be quiet alongside her friend. He was however rather shocked when she came to him, and hid while having a grip on his pants. Either she was very confident, or she had no clue who she was holding onto. Unable to hold back a grin, he gave Esme a very amused look as he took a quiet sip of his drink, ending up drinking the rest from his bigger size and the smaller glass. He noticed that his companion had to hide her laughter, and quite frankly, he did too. After setting the glass aside, he looked down at the cub and continued to watch with a grin, placing his hands loosely on his waist to keep them from dropping and possibly knocking her in the head. He stayed quiet as requested, but he did find it hilarious that this little child was playing a simple game of hide and seek at a massive festival for the gods. It definitely brought his spirits up from his embarrassing situation.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Quote :
Esme

It seemed her rambling wasn’t harmful to the male in anyway, which relieved the woman. Sure, she knew previously he had a tendency to ramble but she has had the displeasure of meeting those who ramble but do not like to be rambled too… “Well, since it is so rare, we tend to only use it for special occasions such as this. We like to share things that are precious to us so others can experience them as well.” She told him, a warm smile on her lips. Hearing his surprise as she mentioned the fruits abnormal color, Esme nodded her head “Yes, the fruit is as black as night inside and out, but oddly enough when dried and boiled it turns this beautiful blue color. Though, I would have to say the taste of the fruit when it’s fresh is beyond comparison, I highly recommend you try it if you are ever delivered the chance.” She insisted, it was honestly one of her favorite fruits and she couldn’t imagine someone going without ever being able to try it.
After her rambling comment, Esme’s ears were graced with the dragonborns hearty laughter before he too admitted he has a rambling problem as well. Smiling gently from his kind, yet somewhat embarrassed, voice as he mentioned the scene from moments ago, the snow leopard tipped her head as a soft chuckle escaped her lips, “I couldn’t agree more…” About that time Suu had made her appearance, first grabbing ahold of the felines skirt and then scurrying to Tarjinn’s legs. Staying quiet, Esme smiled over at the dragon male as the kittens small hands gripped his pant legs. The Lynx’s childish giggles could be heard dancing about beneath them as she moved from one of Jinn’s legs to the next. Weaving from one to the other and between his legs the cub still hadn’t noticed that this large fellow was not Bane. With her little yet big eyes locked on the dancing crowd she watched for her tabaxi playmate. Spotting Twig roaming around amongst the villagers, Suu quickly grabbed hold of the dragonborns knee and tugged herself out of sight, her giggles falling silent but a smile continued to rest on her little face. About that moment, the cub realized something very odd about Bane’s leg… it was as hard as a rock! Losing sight of her objective at hand, the cub began to pick at the “rock” pattern beneath the figures pant leg. Did bane have armor on? She’d never seen him in armor like that before but why would he wear it under his pants? Tilting her head to the side the cub continued to mess with the odd pattern. Catching this behavior of the cubs, the snow leopard began to smirk a little as she tried her best to hold back a chuckle, should she bring it to her attention? However, as she was thinking up the best way to break it to the cub, Suu had brought her own eyes up to look at the figure herself. For a moment, the cub stared blankly at the lizard like… no, Dragon like beast which she was standing somewhat under. Slowly, as the shock faded away, fear crept into the kitten heart, Pushing herself away from him the kit continued to backup a few more steps. “E-E-Esme!” She cried out before turning tail and running straight into the Snow cats legs, squeezing the older females skirt and fur between her fingers she buried her face in the womans clothing as if trying to hide away from what she’d just seen. “C-Calm down… He’s not going to harm you, Suu.” Esme began to speak, an amused giggle slipping passed her feline maw. Crouching down, the young woman wrapped her arms around Suu in a comforting manner, anyone would start to assume from this that Esme was the child mother, “He’s a Dragonborn, a very kind one too.” She told her softly before glancing up at Tarjinn. Smiling at him she lifted her right hand to gesture to him to come meet the child. “He’s a friend of mine and will be a friend to you as well if you are willing.” she informed the child. At that moment, Suu started to turn her head to the right to peek back at the draconic male. Was he really a friend, did Esme know this beastfolk enough to seriously call him a friend? Twig always told her that her guardian was too trusting… was he right?

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn listened to Esme’s explanation curiously, nodding in acknowledgement. He could completely understand bringing one’s culture out into the open, including exotic treats and meals. There were not many things he ate that seemed unusual to others, but then again, he usually ate them in the privacy of his home. Considering all of his mansion were dragonborn, it was hard to find a distaste for any meals that were expected within their species and their way of eating. Perhaps that was yet another thing to exchange. Just how different did they get? Almost complete opposites, judging by the looks of things. He wasn’t exactly complaining though - the both of them got along well enough so far that the differences were positives in their budding friendship. It was nice to talk to someone that could speak freely about why they did things. He would respond to the snow leopard in earnest, however they both could see that a little mischievous kitten was interrupting. Not that he minded. Staying quiet still, and watching his balance, his amber eyes trailed the girl as she bounced back and forth, using him as a protective shield against whatever was coming after her. Well, this was certainly something he had never seen before. His smile went as wide as his fins as he watched. It wasn’t very long though until she got distracted from keeping watch, investigating who exactly she stood behind of. He could feel her tugging at his scales, and although it was the slightest bit uncomfortable, he stayed quiet for the sake of not starting the little one. It would not be a good first impression to scare her or perhaps make her embarrassed for trying to figure out what she stood behind. However, as soon as the lynx’s eyes met his, he could practically feel her terror wave off of her before she bounded to Esme and clung herself to her. So much for a good first impression. Grimacing, he gazed at the two and dropped his arms now that the girl was away from his side. He thought that perhaps he had ruined his chances at a nice greeting to the girl. The entire evening he had wanted to meet her, let her see that he wanted her dreamcatcher and hear all about what she had to say. If she was anything like Esme, he was sure she would have an abundance of ideas for conversation. Instead though, the young woman bent down and embraced the young one, soothing her scares and keeping her calm. It was admirable how she was able to make the girl feel protected in her arms. But this was indeed Suu, now that Esme called her by name. She seemed like a girl he would like to know, with her adventurous spirit and giggling nature. When she gestured him over, he took a moment before ever so slowly kneeling down on one knee, one hand placed on the ground and keeping a fair foot or so between him and the two girls. He wouldn’t do anything sudden. After all, being a big hulky dragon, he knew a thing or two about how he appeared to littler creatures. Rorran was an exception though. “Hello Suu,” he said softly, being very aware of his breath so it did not stray from him. He wanted to make himself shorter, but just short of laying on the ground, this was as close as he could get. “I’m sorry for startling you. I know I’m rather tall.” He kept his eyes switching between her eyes and Esme’s, to ensure she didn’t feel as though he was staring into her or trying to be intimidating. Any gesture he could use from his bag of journeys would help. Suu wouldn’t want to stay in a mansion, with Esme or not, if she could not trust him. “My name is Tarjinn, but you can call me Tar. I’ve been excited about meeting you tonight. You are the guest of honor tonight, aren’t you?” A soft, genuine smile stayed glued to his face. “It’s an absolute pleasure to meet you.” He began to reach out his free hand, though realized that may not be a good way of greeting. Shoot...what was he going to do? It took a few seconds of panicking before he decided to just stay put, bowing his head once to complete his greeting. Perhaps that would suffice for now.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Quote :
Esme

Hesitating a moment, the dragonborn slowly made his way down on one knee. Watching as he placed one hand on the dusty ground beneath him the cub squeezed herself closer to Esme but didn’t dare take her eyes off the lad. However, her sudden fear began to drain away as the dragon spoke her name, blinking a few times the cub turner herself around to face him, “H-Hello.” She whispered as she looked from the male up to Esme. “Go on, he won't hurt you..” Esme murmured to her gently while delivering a soft push from behind. Stumbling forward Suu’s little eyes widened a bit, at that time the dragonborn was apologizing for scaring her. “I-It’s okay…” She muttered, bringing her little feline hands to together the cub began fiddling with her thumbs as her fear was slowly replaced with shyness. Soon the large male was introducing himself to her, “Tar-Tarjinn?” She repeated before bashfully giggling. “R-really?” She asked feeling surprised he wanted to meet her specifically, with little red cheeks the cub nodded her head quickly, “Yup! I-I’m turning ten years old today!” throwing her little hands up in front of her the lynx child showed him her age with her fingers. “A-Are you a-a D-Dragonborn? L-Like from the storybooks Esme reads to me?” She asked him curiously, her large ears laying out to the sides of her head. Knowing that he wasn’t going to eat her and that Esme trusted him, Suu knew it was okay to speak to him, she could learn to trust him like Esme did… now she just had to get over this nervousness and timid nature. Seeing the dragons hand come towards her before retracting the cub tilted her head to the side, confused to what he was trying to do. Realizing she’d been rude, the cub’s eyes widened a little before she bounded forward and reached up towards his face. Putting either of her little padded hands against his scaly cheeks the cub began doing her best to reach for his forehead. This caused Esme to seem surprised at first before allowing a chuckle to escape her lips, “Tarjinn lower your head a little.” She suggested with a downward gesture of her hand.

In the distance, the tabaxi cub had spotted Suu, however, she was speaking to a stranger, a dragonic stranger for that matter. At first, fear rolled through the older cubs chest darting towards the stranger, “Get away from her!” He snarled, his long jaguar tail lashed behind him. Shocked, Esme had nearly fallen backward trying to stand to her feet, “J-Jag that is no way to speak to a guest!” She snapped at him all the while Suu had been spooked from Twig’s sudden appearance and ended up jumping into Tarjinn’s arms out of fear. Making haste, Esme had stumbled between Tarjinn and the Tabaxi cub. “Suu is fine… Tarjinn is no enemy of ours and you will not make him as such either..” her voice was stern, clearly she wouldn’t put up with his actions however the cub didn’t seem very willing to corporate.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The dragonborn male couldn’t help but broaden his smile when he saw Suu begin to lose her fear, gaining slow confidence to reply and communicate with him. He kept careful to not interrupt, chuckling at her excitement over his species. It seemed that both Esme and the little lynx had an interest in what he was. Once she was finished, he nodded slowly, grinning slightly with gleaming teeth. “Ten! You’re really getting up there, a decade old. I’m very impressed. But yes, I am! A white dragonborn, to be precise. Gifted the power of frost, ice, and snow. Perhaps while you are staying here with your caravan, I will show you how it works.” He had already accidentally made that far too clear with Esme earlier; he was not about to make the same mistake. His eyes watched as she stepped forward, and they widened when he felt her furry paws clamp onto his cheek scales. What was she trying to do? Maybe there was a bug on his head. He glanced up subconsciously before Esme addressed him, and explained. He obliged by lowering his head more, and was surprised when the cat placed her forehead against his. This was either a sign of acceptance, or perhaps their way of greeting, acknowledging someone new. Whatever it was, he returned the gentle push against her forehead, before she stepped away long enough to have a shrill boy’s voice sound behind him. Suu was in his grasp before he knew it, and he whirled out of instinct to see a furious little jaguar storming up to them. It took him a few moments to let the moment settle. Was this her brother, perhaps? A friend? He would have asked had his snow leopard friend stepped between, scolding the young one. One minute after the next, someone new came into his life. This caravan really was quite an interesting arrival. Tarjinn relaxed his shoulders, holding Suu on his hip and protecting her with both arms covered in white scales shimmering in the light of the fire. She didn’t need protecting really, but he wasn’t about to let her fall. “Yes, I am of no threat to you or your caravan, young one,” he told the boy, his voice carrying over Esme’s shoulder. He could easily see over the top of her head, which amused him quite a bit he had to admit. “I’m just a friend enjoying the festivities. And I mean no harm to Suu either.” He would have called him Jag, but he was not properly introduced enough to know. So he stood and let the Tabaxi cub calm, his feisty nature reminding him of his good friend Mellow. Perhaps they would get along.

After the whole ordeal with one misunderstanding after the other, the male was relieved when Esme invited him to join in the dancing. With the sun completely over the horizon and the stars shining brightly above them, there was no better time. He had tried to voice his acceptance, but rather than waiting on him to make a formal reply, Suu had shoved in between them and practically dragged him to the circle of dance and song. Well, perhaps not drag, but he let her think she was strong enough to move him around as he joined in with the two cats, Esme obviously amused. Once he got a hang of the rhythm of the music and he followed the movements of the other males, he was able to have a splendid time honoring their gods and participating in all the festival had to bring. It certainly made a great way to spend the evening. He enjoyed every part of it, a grin spread across his face that matched Suu’s. He didn’t even notice that time had passed until he saw that the festivities were winding down, children yawning and dragging their tails as they were ushered back to tents while adults began to take out the more “nightly” beverages to the tables. That seemed his cue to leave with his crew of cats. He saw how tired Suu was, and upon seeing Esme struggle to carry her, he lifted her up simply into his own arms to carry her as he gathered the two others and walked them out of the camp.

Outside of the barriers of the festivities, Tarjinn mustered the strength to summon his spirit steed, a mighty elk that could carry the weight of the cats comfortably. After all, if it could hold him and his armor, it could hold them as though they were feathers. However, to keep Ovar from ripping his scales off, he had brought along Dimitri’s donkey (after some banter) so Rorran could be closer to the ground and be on a creature that could not be desummoned. Creating his own steed of a similar elk, he lead the troop back to his towering marble mansion, arriving within twenty minutes to the front doors. He helped unload everyone, still keeping Suu resting against him as he had for the entire trip as he opened the large wooden doors to allow them all inside. “Welcome to my home,” he said quietly, gesturing to the interior. “Make yourselves feel at home. Ovar and Rorran, you both will be housed in the master bedroom, while Esme and Suu will take up a conjoined guest bedroom for the evening.” He was alerted when he heard movement coming from upstairs, and he swallowed roughly. His housemates would likely be down within the next few minutes, and guessing by his guests' appearance, it would not be exactly what he was hoping. He prayed to Bahamut that they would try and be respectful, but he would prepare for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Quote :
Esme

After a long discussion with the tabaxi cub the three finally was able to enjoy the night. And from seeing Suu’s reaction to Tarjinn’s dance offer, the cub definitely had a wonderful ten-year celebration. “Thank the heavens above…” Esme whispered a prayer before joining in the fun with the two of them.

Before they knew it, the sun had slipped off to slumber while the moon and stars celebrated in it’s absences. Before long the cubs within the caravan had all begun to lose their previous energy for roughhousing and dancing, which qued Esme to locate her little friend Suu. Which, wasn’t hard, the cub had come to her tugging on her skirt with tired teary eyes, “I take it you’re ready to end the night of festivities hmm?” She spoke sweetly to the tired kitten and watched as she nodded her head. Picking her up, it didn’t take no time for the child to fall asleep in her arms, “You’re getting a little big for this.” She told her with a slightly troubled chuckle escaping her. Sure, this feline wasn’t weak by no means but holding a cub of Suu’s size was a bit awkward with this attire and all. Spotting Jinn, not that far off, Esme made her way towards him, “I think it’s time we head to your mansion.” She suggested somewhat softly. About that time, the dragonborn kindly gathered the cub within his arms, as if she was his own child. Smiling sweetly at him, Esme couldn’t help but think of what a great father he’d make.

Moments passed and the five of them were making their way away from the festivities on foot at first and then later by mount. Calling forth two elk with a summoning spell, the dragonborn helped the cats onto their rides. What an amazing ability this was, what other spells did the paladin know? That was what he was right? So many questions and with the night still somewhat young, the feline knew she’d have plenty of time to speak with him about who he was, what he was, and so much more. With a mind full of curious thoughts, the cats finally arrived at Tarjinn’s mansion after a long ride through town. Dismounting the elk she was mounted on, Esme quickly helped Rorran to the ground from the Donkey’s back and then looked to Tarjinn in case he’d need her to take Suu for a moment while he dismounted.

Only minutes later, the troop was walking into the dragonborns abode. With eyes wide, Rorran and Ovarr looked over the entire place from where they stood, “Wow… “ they both muttered under there breaths. They’d never seen such a house before, their lives had been pure travel and tent living, the two most likely have never seen the inside of an inn before let alone a mansion. Waking up from the sound of the door creaking as they all entered, Suu blinked her tired eyes as she tried to focus on the bright interior of the Dragonborn's home, “Jinn-Jinn…?” She muttered tiredly as a yawn began to escape her feline mow. Getting her eyes to adjust, the kits tired expression faded away quicker than expected. “WOW!” She mewed, ears fully erect, wiggling about in Tar’s arms, the kitten wanted to get down and explore this new beautiful world she’d woken up in.

Esme smiled as she watched everyone's reactions, she’d seen just as beautiful abodes before so it wasn’t as surprising to her as it was to the others. Though that’s not to say that this place wasn’t impressive, Tarjinn’s home was amazing… “Your home is beautiful,” She told him a smile playing on her lips. That is until she heard commotion from above, “I’d assume that to be a retainer..” She questioned. This made her feel slightly uncomfortable, she wasn’t sure how’d she fell resting in a house full of strangers but if they were the dragonborns comrades, hopefully, they’d be just as kind and respectful as himself… or at least have some redeeming qualities.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 11:45 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn’s attention was drawn away from the upper floor when Suu awoke and squirmed out of his arms, seeming to pop awake with the change in environment. The little nickname she called him brightened a spirit within him. It was unique; no other creature had called him so. He would treasure it, and made a prayer within him that she would keep that little tag on him for her duration of stay. He did also pray that her adrenaline would not last forever. Esme needed her sleep, and so did the kitten. Speaking of the snow leopard, the young woman complimented the interior, and he smiled a bit. He knew it was not of his own power that could provide him with such an exquisite place, but rather the blessings that Bahamut placed upon his life from his good deeds. He felt no need to inform her of that right away, though. He was certain the dragon god could allow him a slight dip from the enormous humility that he was given. “Thank you very much. It is not much of a sight in the daily activities that go on here, but guests make it come alive in a way. There is so much more atmosphere with more room filled. It’s not quite so large and daunting when everyone is cozy.” Hearing another noise, he winced as he could hear footsteps coming down from one of the hallways. With her ears, she must hear it even better. “Yes...unfortunately. I told my retainers and squire that they were allowed to greet you tonight, but now I don’t believe that was a very wise decision. Again, they are friendly, just not always cooperative. I try to teach them manners and hospitality the best I can manage with the little bit of cooperation they have.” He laughed only a bit under his breath, his eyes trained to the top of the two stairwells curving up to the landing and to the hallway beyond. It was only moments later that his squire, Kilrune, appeared at the top and made his way down the left, while his two retainers followed, Bhakris with quite a spring in his step as he raced down the stairs, chortling as he went.

“Tarjinn, hello! What a surprise.” The black-scaled dragon grinned at his master, before his eyes trailed around the group and they became round saucers, taking in the group of cats. “My my Tar, what have we here? Some nightly fun after the celebration? I knew you’d come around!” He punched the paladin lightly in the shoulder. “Life’s always better with a lady warming your bed - or two.” A wide, cheeky grin made its way across his face. “What a beautiful pair you snagged. Man, if I were into cats, I’d be pretty content with them too-” He was suddenly cut off by Tarjinn grabbing him by the horn and yanking him into the adjacent room, squealing like a pig as he kicked and scraped at the man’s fingers. The master of the manor didn’t notice though, and when Thavyre rushed in afterwards to plead that he give her mate some dignity, the door was slammed shut, sealing any noise from within. A few moments of silence followed, before the remaining white dragonborn male cleared his throat, his eyes seemingly entranced on Esme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m...so sorry for that intrusion, my lady.” His hands folded behind his back, and his dreads kept bound by a neat leather strap, he glanced to the door and tried not to imagine what kind of scolding his fellow dragon male was getting. Tarjinn was not an abusive overhead by any means, but as man of the house, he set all the standards of the home. Bhakris may escape without any scratches, but his dignity would be severely bruised and Bahamut would surely deal justice to the male for being so crude, especially around newcomers. “To all of you, I apologize. He’s...well, I would tell you he’s not normally like this, but...that would be a lie. He doesn’t have much of a filter. Tarjinn tries his best, to no avail.” He paused, forgetting what else he should add. Considering their host was busy, the task was now onto him to give a good impression. But that was rather difficult with a tabaxi - or was it some other species? - standing before him, dressed in a way that would make any man squeamish. How did his fatherly figure not feel embarrassed by associating with such a crew? He would need to ask him later. But it did stir feelings that he had not been exposed to beforehand. Perhaps he was attracted to the feline kind too. “U-Um, you can all follow me…” Making haste, he went down the center hallway, racking his brain for anything he would need. “Kitchen is off to the left back here, and the seating area is all in this area. The massive doors to your left down that wall is the master b-bedroom. It’s all been cleaned and prepared for…” Who was staying in there? Tarjinn mentioned a pregnant cat, which must be the smaller one, “you.” He gestured in the politest possible way to the shortest member of the group. “And your companion, o-of course. The other two will be housed upstairs. But this gives you direct access to anything in the kitchen you may need.” Kilrune’s eyes surveyed all of the cats until he came to Esme, thoughts rushing through his head. Tarjinn didn’t prepare him for this. “Th-Though obviously everyone else has access too. We live very relaxed lives here - anything in the kitchen is to be shared.” Now he was just spouting things they would have learned anyways. Oh, what he wouldn’t do for a boiling pot of water right now. Which he really should do. “I-I will be right back…” Rushing from the room, unable to contain his composure, he ran to the other room Tarjinn was in and pounded his fist on the door. “Tarjinn, please help, I don’t know what to do!”

A moment later, and the white dragonborn was at the door, obviously fuming from the previous incident. But upon staring at his squire for a minute, he snorted out a breath of cold air. “Alright, alright. I’ll take it from here. Get those two to the tavern for the night and come back.” Leaving the room, still trying to cool down from his burst of shouting at the two insolent retainers, he found Esme and the others in the living room space at the back of the first floor. “I’m...so very sorry,” he said quickly, yet quietly. “I should not have expected him to behave correctly. Bhakris nor his companion will be staying here while you all are. I….” He breathed out a long sigh, rolling his eyes. “This has been a wild night, so let’s just leave him be for now. Kilrune has likely shown you the master, so I can take Esme and Suu to their room. It is not near theirs, I can trust that.” But he wasn’t quite sure how to trust his retainers to not come back until the cats had left. “That dragonborn will not be saying such horrendous things to you or anyone else after tonight. He had no right whatsoever to make jokes of your attire or appearance. I take full responsibility for his assumptions, and despise that he would say those things in front of Suu of all cats.” A frown was upon his face now. “I will get all of us who would like it some tea - a better alternative to settle down and forget about his words.” That had to be one of the most humiliating things he had ever experienced. How would they treat him now, after not only the comment about losing clothes in the fire, but his breath upon Esme and now this? Maybe this wasn’t so smart after all.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Quote :
Esme

After her little feet hit the hard floors, Suu had scampered off to explore her new surroundings. What good timing too, the cub luckily, was able to miss what was about to transpire. Esme had kept a calm yet delightful expression while feeling uneasy from the commotion above, as long as Tarjinn was right there she’d be alright. At least, that’s what she hopped… “I couldn’t agree more, an empty abode can be quite lonely, but with many to accommodate it the atmosphere becomes warm with the life that fills it.” the snow leopard gently smile before having her attention pulled away from the Dragonborn for the final time. The noise from above had grown louder and soon the sounds of cascading footsteps could be heard making their way through the hall and down the marble covered stairs. “I see, well I’m sure they are not all that bad…. Right?” She questioned softly as she glanced over his way, that subtle laugh under his breath wasn’t very reassuring. As the first came into view, this fellow was also a dragonborn and seemed to be white in color just like Tarjinn, however, the feline’s blue hues were pulled from the Squire as the other two came barreling down the stairwell, laughing on their way like young children.

As these strangers came rushing down the stairs, Ovarr kept close to his unofficial mate. Crossing his arms he was curious to how this rather peppy fellow was going to great them. Rorran seemed to be just as interested, with her cat-like hands resting over her growing stomach. Once the male had planted his feet on the floor Esme had stepped back by one pace standing somewhat closer to her dragonborn friend. Though she didn’t mind enthusiastic men she wasn’t fond of them bounding towards her like that. The first time Ovarr had tried that he ended up on his rear with an arrow in his face, of course, this time was very different and she was very much so unarmed. Stiffening, Esme’s ears slowly rolled back, her brow narrowing as unsightly words began to roll from this dragonborns mouth. Was he really jumping to such conclusions? Crossing her arms across her chest, Esme attempted to keep her cool. If there was one thing this female disliked the most, it was males that thought with something other than their brains. “Nightly fun?...” she muttered under her breath as her cheeks flushed and her tail began to twitch, her clawed toes tapped against the floor. Clearly, the young woman was not amused and seeing Esme’s building tension, Rorran was also ready to break some dragon toes. Looking from one female to the other Ovarr wanted to calm them down however he too wasn’t pleased with the disrespect they were receiving from this retainer… If Tarjinn didn’t do something about it and quick, the cougar was going to take it into his own hands.

Before long Esme’s fur was standing on end, her already large tail becoming even fluffier as both women echoed “W-warm his bed?!” . About that time Ovarr had stepped forward, his lips parted and brows pinched with his canines showing, he was ready to tear into the man but Tarjinn had quickly yanked the lad off to the side and into a distant room. Scuffing Ovarr growled “Good… If that kid was allowed to spew such nonsense another second I was going to-” Rorran quickly stomped on the cougar's foot, relieving some pent up anger. “Oh shut it, you’re just as bad don’t deny it!” She began to lecture him. All the while Esme was now embarrassed and unable to look anyone in the eye at the moment. “Leave it you two…” Esme managed as she brought her left hand to her forehead in an attempt to regain some composure. , “Ovarr, did you bring our change of clothes as I requested?” she glanced towards him as she removed her fingers from her temples. “Y-yes, I did,” he said his voice shuttering as he tried to swallow the pain he was feeling in his foot. Nodding her head the cat woman looked to the squire who was now at the base of the stairs. Clearly this one was nervous, however, he seemed to have a better head upon his shoulders than the last fellow who so crudely introduced himself. Feeling her cheeks still hot from the incident that transpired, Esme forced a smile not noticing how the squire was gazing at her.

As he addressed her Esme bless him with a gentle smile, it had been a while since she was addressed with the title of ‘Lady’, my did that throw her off for a moment. “No need” She paused for a moment as she brought her eyes to the dragon male, “Though I’m displeased with his words, I must remind myself, as well as, my company, your kind, as well as, others do not understand or know our culture and are ignorant to our ways. It’s nothing to feel ashamed of but thinking before speaking would have been best for that one.” she said kindly, the squire seemed uneasy and though she wanted to speak sternly and express her displeasure more openly, Esme found it better to stay calm and not take it out on the other party. “I’m surprised that Tarjinn keeps him around… He’s so refined, kind, and respectful to those he speaks to, I can’t imagine him being even associated with such a male as that, but I'm sure he sees something in that retainer that I haven’t had the opportunity to see as of yet… at least I hope.” She chuckled a bit as she relaxed. Being asked to follow Tarjinn’s Squire, Esme motioned for her companions to follow along. All the while Suu was flipping through a few books on a shelf and gazing at the pictures which were within. During the tour, the group of cats took in the sights and tried to memorize where every room was and who was to be in which room when it came time to sleep. Before long the young squire had suddenly left them standing in the hall not far from the kitchen. “U-um… Is he okay?” Ovarr asked with a raised brow before listening to the smallest of them chuckle, “I think he’s a bit nervous.” Rorran suggested as a purr escaped her, “He’s adorable isn’t he, Esme?” The smaller feline nudges the large one causing Esme the chuckle. “I hope Ovarr hasn’t corrupted your way of thinking Rorran, but yes that dragonborn is adorable in an innocent way.” she was sure to clearly state that fact. At least there was two well-mannered Dragonborn among them. While the three waited for someone to return to them, they began to explore the areas which were already shown to them. “Esme, is Suu with you?” Rorran asked curiously before watching the leopard shake her head, “No, I believe she’s still in the entryway. “ Esme told her before turning from the painting she’d been observing on the wall just outside the kitchen. With a nod of the grey tabby’s head, the pregnant woman waddled off to retrieve the kitten.

Being left to her thoughts,. It was rather amusing to see a dragonborn so nervous. All this time she assumed there was no such dragon being who could possibly stammer like that ouf of nerves or fear. “I suppose fairy tales are just that.” She muttered before giggling to herself. A few more moments passed and she, as well as, the others had made their way back to the livingroom area. Here, Ovarr was leaning against the wall while Rorran was resting in a chair nearby and Suu flipping through a book with maps, creatures, and other races. Rorran’s little feet were swollen from all the walking of the day and her eyes kept drifting shut. Again, Esme had been admiring some more artwork which was nicely decorating an open display case when Tarjinn had walked in. “Please, you have no reason to apologize. You’re not the one at fault.” Esme reassured him with her friends nodding in agreement. “But, I do feel that is the best… Less miss understandings will be likely to transpire with them away.” She agreed with Tarjinn’s decision to send the lusty fools off. When Tarjinn seemed to direct his attention to Rorran and Ovarr the two listened to him intently, “Yeah, we were all shown around.. If you don’t mind, we will most likely retire for the evening. Rorran is rather exhausted from the days events.” Ovarr informed the dragon before gesturing towards the pregnant woman who was beginning to fall asleep where she was sitting. Soon after speaking, Ovarr had walked over to his future wife and gathered her in his arms to pack her off to the room they were to stay in, of course, being unmarried the male planned on sleeping on the floor or in a chair if the room happened to have one. He didn’t feel like waking up to claws at his throat, that was never a pleasant experience.

After the unlikely pair had wandered off to bed, Esme and Tarjinn were left alone. Letting a sigh escape her maw, the woman looked up at his white scaly face and gave him a reassuring look. “Thank you, for taking care of that shocking and unsettling issue… If it would have gone on much longer I believe Ovarr would have done something he’d regretted.” She informed him before continuing with the topic of the kitten “Though it doesn’t change the severity of the issue, Luckily, I believe Suu was to focused on her new environment to hear what the man had said, if she hadn’t been, I’m sure she would have been asking a multitude of questions by now....” there was no way she’d be able to explain what the man was talking about nor would she want to, seeing as Suu was still to young for such talk. “ Anyways, your retainer, after all, is a grown man and he should know what to say and what not to in the presence of company. What he said in ignorance tonight wasn’t your fault and I do not feel you should take responsibility for his actions… you may be his master but you are not his mother nor his father. ” Having had her arms crossed over her waist out of discomfort due to the crude fellow from before, the woman exhaled more gently this time, “Yes, I do think a cup of tea would be nice to settle the nerves and calm the soul… In the meantime, I would like to change out of these raiments and into something more… comfortable” She explained however she wasn’t exactly sure where the room was she was to be staying in, was he still going to show her to the room?

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

The head dragonborn was expecting the worst from the group, struggling with the fact that they may decide to not stay in his manor after all of the trouble he had put them through already in the first day they met. Without Bhakris, things could have been so much smoother, and sleep would have come sooner. But he would stay up until the afternoon if that’s what it took to make them comfortable. His hands hanging by his sides, his shoulders visibly relaxed at Esme’s cool tone and understanding. The group of cats were far too accepting of all of the mishaps, but perhaps that came with constant traveling. Speaking of which, the cougar mentioned the exhaustion of them all and he nodded. No wonder, after all of the activity today. Besides, the sooner they could move on, the sooner they could forget it in their sleep. “Of course. I do not blame any of you one bit, what with all that has gone on since morning. I hope you both have a pleasant rest.” He bowed his head in goodnight, noting to himself to stay quieter now that the two had gone off to the master. His bed and cozy room should provide more than enough for them in their stay. He just hoped that Rorran would find comfort that she needed, caring not only for herself but her kittens as well. A giant bed of silk and foam should provide that for her. Stifling a yawn, he looked down to Esme and found that they were alone, apart from Suu who seemed completely entranced with the books she found on his shelves. Because they were all in draconic, he didn’t mind her raiding it - after all, anything that could possibly be for a more mature audience in terms of war and regulations couldn’t be discerned by such a little feline, especially one not versed in his birth language. It amused him more than anything. As he watched her, Esme’s voice trailed up to him, and he kept the kitten in his peripheral vision as he gazed down at her, soaking in her words. It seemed they both had the same thoughts in mind, but the snow leopard was just as thankful as he was that the situation was diffused and nothing too serious happened from it.

“I suppose it is true that I am not his parents, nor the females. But I do offer them refuge in my home, and have been attempting to teach them the ways of Bahamut and strengthening their bond through him, instead of through each other so...openly. The male, Bhakris, is far more...touchy with his approach than his mate, and unfortunately it is hard to control what he does. But it is still up to me to be certain that he follows my orders while living under my roof. I am embarrassed about his behavior, and it is a blessing that Suu found my home more interesting than the guests she would have stayed with, had things gone differently. I promise that I will now implant more rigorous training in manners and behaviour with both of them, in order to correct them.” He let out a soft chuckle. “They lived too long without someone harping on them. I am thankful to Bahamut that I at least have Kilrune, who has enough sense to keep any thoughts, like those or otherwise, to himself. He will not cause any problems, as I am sure you saw in his introduction.” The younger male was quite an accomplishment for Tarjinn. After all this time, Kilrune seemed to always stay a steady, religious path to a better life, and it had so far paid off for him. It would be time soon enough to try and send him on some ventures on his own to find his own place in life, but his manor would be the man’s home likely until he married. The paladin couldn’t imagine him going anywhere without a solid reason. He blinked out of his thoughts to hear Esme let out a breath, and almost smiled at it. If he had recovered from the festival, he would have likely made a joke about breath, but it was far too soon and misunderstood on his part to bring that into the bag of tricks he apparently had now.

“Oh, your room, yes.” He cleared his throat, looking back to the feline soaking in the pictures of his novel collection. “Suu, it’s time to go change and start to calm into rest. There are more books in your room for you to peruse.” He gave her a smile, hoping that she would run down her energy sooner than later in order to sleep soundly. “Esme would like you two to at least go change.” Now that that was solved, he turned more to the snow leopard, a smile still upon his face. “I will lead you both to your room, then come back here with the tea when it is finished. Take all the time you need, and if there is anything missing that would make you more comfortable, I would be more than happy to provide it for either of you. Of course, the same goes for Ovarr and Rorran, but I’m sure my squire covered that.” The end of his tail flicked in amusement thinking about it, before he gestured for the cats to follow him down the hall. “I try to provide the best hospitality for my guests. If anything is not up to your liking, well, you know what to do. I will answer your every call. Unless it is in a language I do not understand, in which I may come slower.” He couldn’t help but offer a small grin. Every positivity helped when it came to settling in for the evening.

Quote :

Kilrune

Kilrune couldn’t help but have a scowl on his face after he shoved Bhakris and Thavyre off to their room in the tavern. After such a good night cleaning and preparing the mansion for their guests, the male just had to blab off his filthy mouth. What was he thinking? That he would impress anybody? He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as he mumbled a prayer of apology to Bahamut for his anger for the two dragonborn. As much as he disliked what they did, Tarjinn was the one who dealt out their justice. Rune needed to accept that what had been done was a suitable punishment. He was lost in his prayer when he felt a tap on his broad shoulder, and he whipped his head up to see Mellow Rain standing beside him, a nonchalant expression upon her face. Then again, it seemed she was always that way. Her tail waved slowly behind her, revealing nothing of what she thought of him walking in with the two or being on his way out.

“I’m surprised you allowed yourself out this late,” she stated, looking him over once. A paw was propped on her waist. “Normally I would never see you take a step in here without some type of escort, or at least Tarjinn beside you. But to see you walk in with them was a bit surprising.” She jerked her head to where the two troublemakers were previously. “What’s up with that?”

“Oh, you know, the usual.” Kilrune was eager to get back, but he supposed a quick chat with Mellow wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. After all, she knew Tarjinn well. “Bhakris decided that he would be difficult for our guests tonight, is all. They’re a couple of the tabaxi and...catfolk, I believe, from the caravan. They are the most fragile I suppose, one being pregnant and the other a young feline.” Mellow’s eyes narrowed at the word, but said nothing as he continued. “He wanted to make sure they were housed safely.”

“You would think after traveling that they would be accustomed to the space. But, leave it up to Tar to offer a hand. That dragonborn will get himself into trouble one of these days, lending service to someone untrustworthy. He seems to be doing well for himself so far, though.” The cat gestured to the bar behind her, which was unusually talkative. It must have been the new arrivals. “You sure you don’t want a drink before you go?”

Kilrune nodded, smiling down at her. “I-I’ll be alright. The sooner I get home, the less likely I am to pinch a nerve. Besides, I don’t drink this late. Perhaps another time, while the caravan is here. I’m sure Tarjinn’s guests would like to meet you, since you know him.” Bowing his head, he made his way for the door, his dreads swinging behind him. Before he left though, he turned his head back to her. “Will you be around? I think you’d like the group he has.”

“I’ll be in the area.” Mellow blinked over at him. “Tell Tarjinn he can find me in town, or any of the others. We are bound to meet eventually.”

“Of course.” With a final smile, Kilrune pushed his way out of the doors, summoning his mastiff mount to head on back home feeling lighter than when he walked in. A talk with a friend was always a good way to calm the nerves.

Quote :

David

“No, that’s not it,” the man sighed, flipping through stacks upon stacks of papers sent to him by the dukes running his kingdom around the country. After so long of trying and failing to implement proper systems for creating a market profitable for his people beyond farming or mining, he was becoming exasperated with the amount of work he had put into it all. All he wanted was a solution that would work. Even that seemed too much for him. Going through his stack once more, his tiefling advisor Legion let out a huff of annoyance himself, his tail whipping around his legs and almost tripping the man.

“You would think these imbeciles would get it right after so many complaints,” the dark man complained, his crimson eyes almost glowing. But David only let out a breath, leaning against the table before running a hand through his raven black hair. The dim light provided by the lanterns close to their heads did nothing to soothe his racing mind.

“‘Tis the life of a king, I suppose, dealing with others that can never see the broader picture beyond the walls of what they command. I shouldn’t have expected less from dukes who suffered through enough loss. It is peculiar that they do not band together to come up with a solution, but perhaps it is time for a meeting in the Grand Hall to figure this out once and for all.” Looking to the map peering out from under the scrolls and pigeon letters, he frowned and pushed some aside to see his kingdom in its glory on the large material beginning to fade and tear along the edges. He would need to get it replaced by a cartographer sooner than later. “The farmland is all central, especially along the south. The fishermen at the edges are just as affected by what changes would come ahead, but then again the mines would need a source to the people more easily than directly to the businesses and exports.” He tapped the paper where the iron was being collected, Legion looking to the area intently. “We could start there. But iron is a much more valuable commodity than wheat, I would say, and gathered much harder. They are better organized though, and the generals would understand what our goal is. If we have to go to bedrock to obtain a better system, I’m willing to do it.”

“Let’s just hope the people decide to square up soon. Or we may have an unneeded rebellion on our hands.” As his advisor looked to him, David couldn’t help but agree with him, nodding slowly. It would be devastating to see his country begin a civil war between themselves, but at the same time he could not offer a proper solution. What could be done?

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Quote :
Esme

Perking her ears to Tarjinn’s response a soft chuckle left her feline lips, “I pray that your methods get through to the man and changes his ways, or at least brings him to have some manners. Though, I fear no matter how many times you lead the horse to water, you can’t make it drink, no matter how much you try.” her chuckles began to fade from her lips before the woman tucked back some of her hair which had fallen from her half up do. “I’ll support you in your endeavor though.” she told him, still wearing her kind yet weary smile. Again, the feline’s ears lifted at the mention of his other household member, “Ah, so that is his name. Yes, Kilrune is a very well mannered lad I can’t see him ever acting in such a way. He was a bit nervous, but I suppose that’s to be expected when given the circumstances.” She said as an amused expression rolled over her feline features. “He was so nervous he failed to introduce himself, in all my years I would have never guessed a dragonborn could feel such a thing.” grinning a bit at her silly assumption, “ but there will be plenty of time for proper introductions later.” the cat crossed her arms over her waist still feeling quite amused at the recent memory. Upon hearing the dragonborn clear his throat and begin to address Suu, the kitten was too absorbed in the pictures to realize she was being spoken too. Realizing this Esme stepped over towards the kit and crouched down to her level, her large fluffy tail curling beside her as she did, “Suu, you’re being spoken too.” She informed her, watching the young child jerk her head up from the book the kitten jump to her feet with the source of her distraction in hand. “S-Sorry, Jinn-Jinn.” She first apologized to him before closing the hard bound book and placing it on a nearby bookshelf. Though by observing the look in the kits eyes, she really wanted to take the book with her. Smiling from this, the leopard chuckled softly, “I’m sure Tarjinn will let you gaze at it again tomorrow.” She told her, hearing this, Suu’s large lynx ears shot up before her eyes quickly traveled up the huge dragonborns body to meet his face. Fiddling with her feline hands and rubbing her foot against the marble floor, the kitten tilted her head to the side before asking “I-if I go change and go to bed now, will you read a book to me t’morrow?” making her little eyes a bit larger Suu put on the best ‘’puppy dog eyes’’ she could muster, “Pease?” She asked clearly leaving out a few letters due to her growing tiredness. Watching the child, Esme was kind of surprised she’d taken to Tarjinn so much in such a little amount of time. Normally, Suu was rather shy and distant with those she didn’t know well, but with the dragonborn she seemed to treat him just as she did the snow leopard. Turning her attention from the lynx kit, Esme nodded her head towards Tarjinn, “Wonderful, then I’ll venture this way when I’ve finished changing and tucking her into bed.” she told him before following his lead down the hall to their room. His jest was quite amusing it even caused Suu to giggle, “We will be sure to call when we need too.” the older feline answered as Suu bounded around them, clearly she still had energy but it was quickly dwindling.

Quote :
Alyana and Kearney

Running as quickly as their feet could carry them, dodging limbs, vines, and roots, it was only a matter of time before the bandits caught up with them. “K-Kear-n-ney!” Alya cried out fearful of what was gaining on them, her gold metallic hair whipped back and forth behind her, her cloak pulling at her neck. All the while her companion held tight to her hand as he dragged her along through the forest, “Just a little farther Alya…” He reassured her as his own feet and legs grew weary of their journey. They had to keep going, they couldn’t stop and take a breather…If they got caught now, all their efforts would be for nothing. He knew those that were following them were not simple bandits. How long would it take before the people of the village would stop this madness, hunting them, treating him like some beast to be hunted and stealing away what was most precious to him.. Shaking the thoughts away, the ‘demonic’ creature pushed onward. Huffing heavily, eyes wide, the girl continued to try to keep up her pace with her friend, however, it had been just too much. Tripping and losing her footing, Alya fell to the earth's soil causing her hand to be yanked free of the Tieflings grip and a yelp of pain to escape. “Alya!” the man called as he quickly doubled back for her. Waiting for her to stand with the help of his hand, the girl tried to get her bearings but with her legs shaking from exhaustion, there was no other choice, he had to carry her. Looking from the celestial child to the yells and battle cries of the angry villagers, Kearney quickly scooped up the young woman and darted for the river. Holding her close, the black skinned creature made his way through the undergrowth and into the river. It wasn’t long after the cries and roar’s of the men from the village busted through the tree line as well. Luckily for the two, this river divided the two lands, they were now in a new kingdom’s land… “K-Kearney…Did we really make it?” She asked her body shaking from adrenaline and the chill of the water. “Yes… It seems that way.” The Tiefling finally spoke after a long pause, his silvery eyes rested on the land ahead of them while the girl’s gem-like hues gazed at the place she uses to call home. Why couldn’t things stay like when they were young? Why did their mother have to die and the world become cruel? She missed their farm, the animals, and their favorite place to read books and eat under. Feeling the warm tears sting her eyes, the woman closed her eyes and buried her face into the man’s large shoulders. Where they were headed now was a mystery, but they hoped there would be less discrimination in this land so they could live peacefully.

It had been days since their escape from Woodthorn and about a month since they had snagged their chance to flee their birth village. Now, the two of them were hitching a ride on a hay wagon traveling towards the closest village to the castle. “Do you really think we’ll be safe here?” Alya asked at a whisper, her head rested in the hay beside the Tiefling. A soft exhale could be heard leaving the man’s lips as he gazed over at the girl with the hood nearly covering her pale face from where she lay, “Time can only tell, Alyana.” tilting his head back to look at the driver the creature smirked then looked back down at the golden-haired lass, “Things are looking brighter, we did, after all, manage to get a ride on a measly hay cart.” he reminded her causing the girl to smile at the realization and a chuckle to leave the dark-skinned creature. They were finally one their way to a place they would be accepted, however, Kearney wasn’t about to take chances when it came to Alya… he had a plan to keep her secret hidden from the world, he wasn’t about to have her used as a tool.

Finally, after many days on the road, Kearney and Alya had arrived at the village they had been trying to get to. However, the state of the place wasn’t exactly what they had imagined. Keeping her tattered hood and cloak over herself, blocking her face from any onlookers, the young woman walked beside the Tiefling with her head down. Anyone who’d gaze upon the two would assume they were penniless refugees or something similar. Their clothing was torn and poorly patched in places, as well as, their footwear had holes. “Keep yourself covered until we get inside an inn.” He whispered down to his partner before continuing onward. The houses were falling apart, broken windows, tattered rooves, it looked like this place was recovering from a war… or maybe the plague? Putting an arm around Alyanna he kept her from drifting off from his side. “Kearney… Have you spotted any… adults?” she asked as she lifted her head just a notch to look at him. Her gem-like eyes reflected in his as he looked down to her, “No… They’re all children, young adults… but none older than you or I.” this was rather strange, though they knew very little about the place there were many Tiefling as well as other beast folk but all seemed to be below the age of twenty... “At least there are other Tiefling like yourself.” the aqua-hued woman stated with a warm smile. Giving her a small smirk, the male simple shushed her before spotting the inn. It took no time before the two arrived at the door and slowly went in, the door creaked as it opened. Stepping inside, Kearney instantly walked to the oak crafted counter to speak with the innkeeper. Taking in the sights of the inn, the young woman admired the woodworking on the benches and the craftsmanship on many of the other furnishings. Kearney would have said they were amateur being a crafter himself, but knowing these could have been created by young individuals it was amazing. Making her way to the counter after her long gaze at the place she found that again, it was a young boy who was probably sixteen? Maybe he was simply learning the trade and had to step in for the actual owner, nonetheless, having paid for a room for the night, the two were led to it. From the looks of the main hall, the inn was pretty much empty. “I guess, when they said it was a new kingdom, they honestly meant it,” Alya stated as she sat down on the bed, uncloaking herself as she did. “Yes, it seems that way.” Kearney said after sighing somewhat strongly, clearly the man was worried, “Kearney, it’ll be fine I’m sure there is a lot of work to be done we can both earn some coin and help pay for each other.” She told him but though he was a tiefling he was still a man and felt he had to provide for the girl rather than them both doing it together. “No, I won't have a clutz like yourself working… your luck you’ll break something your first day.” Though he was being serious he shot the girl a grin causing her sudden scowl to turn in to laughter, “Fine,” She said as she crossed her arms, “But as soon as I find you’re struggling I’m getting a job too.” Rolling his eyes at her sudden declaration the creature chuckled, “Fine…” he agreed as he pulled a few things out of their only bag. In his hands were a pair of small horns molded to a headband of sorts, dye to dual her metallic hair, and a powder to darken her skin. Now Alyanna was giving him her own huffs of disapproval, “Kearney, is this really necessary?” She asked as she crossed her arms in front of her. “Yes, Alya… You know how the villagers treated you once they found out your secret… dressing like a tiefling hybrid is the best option for you.” rolling her aqua eyes, the girl took the tiny horns and placed them on her head, giving the hold man less trouble by doing so. “Fine…” She grumbled before smirking up at him. By morning, she’d have near brown hair grey skin and horns upon her head, similar to other Tiefling beings.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn was not surprised that Kilrune had been too nervous to even say his name. He must have seemed like any ordinary servant to the group, which amused him greatly. He was far from being a mild housekeeper. He agreed though - proper introductions could be made when everyone was together and everything was settled. Then everyone could be comfortable, or at least, moreso than right now. It was all a bit rushed. His head turned as Esme had to talk to Suu and let her know that he was speaking to her, and he couldn’t help but smile brighter at her apology, then question. It was a bit surprising, he had to admit, to hear such a question, but it did not mind him a bit. It showed that the girl seemed to trust him enough to even request. Pausing with a soft blink, he nodded down at her. “I will read stories to your heart’s delight, I promise. But only if you get to bed like Esme wants you to, sweet one.” He chuckled as he climbed the stairs, being conscious of the girls following. They were both much better company than his retainers. He was also glad they found his joke to their liking, and it continued to give him a smile as he stopped by the open door and turned to the snow leopard and lynx. “Here is where you’ll be staying,” he said softly, gesturing inside. “There is only one bed, but there is a couch in there that can convert easily into a comfortable bed. Extra pillows and blankets are in the closet if you need them. The bathroom is attached to your right. If there is an emergency, or you need anything immediately, Kilrune is the first door to the left when you walk up the stairs, though from here he’s the last on the right.” He nodded in the direction of the room. “He will be prepared to attend to you with whatever needs you have, though for most things I will be here. It is always good to have a backup though, and he is trustworthy as I’m sure you have seen.” He let out a soft sigh. “I will leave you be here. Take as long as you need.” Bowing his head politely, he walked back down the stairs, making his way to the kitchen to prepare him and the snow leopard cat a set of tea. It would certainly calm his nerves after all of the jitters he encountered today, and hopefully it would help her to sleep as well. He wasn’t sure how long Suu slept at night; if she woke up often, Esme would need to be able to go back to sleep as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Quote :
Esme

Knowing that Jinn-Jinn promised to read her books tomorrow, the cub darted up the stairs with a skip in each step. “You really made her night.” Esme told the Dragonborn as she glanced over at him. Pausing for only moment in their ascend, hearing the Leopard’s feet stop moving even for a second Suu whirled around and called to her in a whispering yell, which was rather cute, “Esme! Don’t stop come on, we gotta go to bed!” She told her as she bounced in place at the top of the stairs. Allowing a chuckle to escape her maw, Esme continued up the stairs after the kitten. Once at the top, the snow leopard’s eyes followed the draconic male as he stopped at the room with the open door. As he let them know that this was the room they were to stay in for their stay, Suu quickly scampered in and climbed into the bed. “E-Esme it’s huge! And so comfy! So much better then the furs in the tents!” she chimed with a big smile and wide amazed eyes. “Yes, you’ll sleep soundly hear and you’ll stay nice and warm too.” the woman told her before looking back to Tarjinn before entering. She listened intently to where things were, including Kilrune’s room if something were to be need or wrong. “Thank you, I’m sure everything will be perfect as is. I greatly appreciate this and I’m sure the others do as well.” Watching as the man bowed his head, Esme did so as well out of politeness. Smiling softly to herself as she watched him descend down the stairs once more, the young woman stepped quietly into their room and shut the door.

Moments later, Suu was changed, tucked in, and fast asleep, while her motherly figure was slipping out of the room. Slowly the white leopard quietly shut the door before turning and making her way down towards the kitchen, her nightgown slightly moving in the sudden breeze. Stepping in through the doorway she smiled upon seeing her friend, “Suu’s fast asleep, I’ve never seen her so eager to get to bed.” She told him with a soft chuckle as she found herself a seat.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn stirred the chamomile tea he had prepared, setting aside a small collection of honey and sugar along with teacups on a silver platter. The warmth rising from the drink was already relaxing him, and by the time he sat down he was about as tired as a mouse after dinnertime. But he would stay awake for Esme’s sake. After all, he had made the tea just for her. Yawning, he blinked slowly as he gazed around his room before he heard pawsteps and looked up to see Esme walk in, wearing a white nightgown with long sleeves draping down her arms. He was glad it was dark - his cheeks flushed red for a few moments before he took a breath and calmed down. This was normal, he told himself. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Living with his retainers, he should really be used to worse. As she sat, he listened to her comment and laughed softly. “I would be pretty eager to be read a story if I went to bed too, had I been her age. I will read her that book though, or as many as she would like me to read. I enjoy teaching children, and I have many books that would likely fascinate her about dragonborn culture and customs. That is, if you don’t mind me reading them to her.” Leaning over, he filled a cup of tea for her, filling his own before taking it in his hand and bringing it back so he could lean against the back of the couch. “Now, for that conversation we discussed…”

-----------
The dragonborn yawned with all of his teeth gleaming as he prepared breakfast over his wood-burning stove, making eggs of different types of cooking. He had already created a pan of scrambled eggs that he set onto a plate, and now was working on multiple sunny-side-up eggs to put alongside it. Sausage, toast, fruit, and an assortment of condiments already laid out along the bar counter, stacked enough for everyone to have their fill in a buffet style of line. He just hoped there would be enough. Kilrune was setting the table for everyone, filling water glasses and placing silverware while Tarjinn cooked. Soon enough, everyone would be awake and have breakfast ready and prepared for them all to dig in and eat.

Quote :

David

David folded his hands behind his back, strolling through the town and seeing the progress being made on the buildings and structures as well as the businesses people were erecting down the streets. With his trusted advisor, the two greeted villagers and answered questions, often being asked about the progress of his work or what new changes would be arriving. He would say the same thing each time - He would let them know when it was necessary. It suited most people, and he was content to see his kingdom thriving as much as it could. Though his babysitting duty was making it hard to concentrate on actually doing any work. His son, Fenrinn, was racing ahead with his friend Kliff, laughing and fighting with wooden Folgarian weapons they had been given by Legion a few months prior. The two were close as could be, and practically inseparable. Kliff, born to David’s good friend and most well known ambassador Kochab, was quite the troublemaker, known to cause his parents a good few headaches. The king had taken on the task for the day of keeping an eye on him due to Fen’s insisting that he spend the day with them. It was not the worst thing in the world to watch them, but he was sure that they wouldn’t be worn out anytime soon.

Kliff let out a yell of surprise as his friend bounded up to him and whacked him on the shoulder, spinning around and swiping his sword to and fro to hit him in return. “You’ll never beat me, I’m king of all the pirates! Arr!” His weapon clacked against Fenrinn’s, grinning from ear to ear as he stepped backward and sideways in order to keep up with the other boy’s insistent attacks. “My maties will throw you overboard!”

“Not if I get to them first!” Fenrinn grinned himself and lunged forward, and Kliff hardly had enough time to react before he had his back in the dust, the wooden point an inch from his throat. “Bow down to my might and surrender yourself to the king of rogues!”

“Now now you two, be a little more careful,” David warned, and as Fenrinn backed off his friend, Kliff laughed and sped off around the two adults to escape them. The king couldn’t help but be amused that they could be so cheerful in a time of rebuilding. It was a very good sign, though. They were allowed to play and be a nuisance, distract others and themselves from the hardships that seemed to be on everyone’s shoulders nowadays. Kliff bounded up to Legion, and the two men paused in their walking to gaze down at him.

“Mr. Legion sir, do you wanna play with us?” He asked, Fenrinn practicing his moves a few feet away. “I can give you my sword, and I’ll use my hook!” He reached to grab it from his pocket, but the tiefling only laughed and shook his head.

“No, that’s quite alright. You go on with Fenrinn, and I will watch. We can play once we have gone around the city.” Legion smiled down at the boy, ruffling his hair and watching him laugh before bounding off again.

“I’m glad they’ve grown accustomed to you,” David mused, looking up slightly to his advisor who kept his pupil-less eyes on the two young boys. “I would imagine you’re quite terrifying to look at.”

Legion let out a hearty laugh, not heard often by the creature as he gazed back down at him. “If they can get accustomed to me, they can get accustomed to all of the other tieflings residing here. This is the one place they are not ridiculed for their looks, and I plan to keep it that way.”

As they walked, Kliff couldn’t help but notice two arrivals that he hadn’t seen before. After spending so long traveling the kingdom with his mother and father, the six-year-old knew most of the people in Folgario. When there was someone new, his curiosity couldn’t help but overwhelm him. Racing up to them, despite David’s calls, he continued to grin as he bounced up in front of them, dust flying up from where his feet landed. “Hi!” he greeted, beaming brightly. “I’m Kliff, and you must be new here! That’s my friend Fenrinn, and his dad, David! He’s the king! And Legion is his friend!” He waved to them, and David began to make his way over. “Who are you?!” Looking up to them, his eyes were bright, and he felt proud to notice them. Hopefully they were actually new, and not just out of the crowds. If they had been here a while, or a long time, he would be a rather big fool indeed. He would want to make his father proud for being able to keep up with his country. After all, if he was to become ambassador one day, he had to represent each and every person of Folgario!
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Quote :
Esme

Turning in her sleep, the snow leopard furrowed her brow as the sun began to shine through the window pane. “Morning already, huh?” she muttered tiredly. Suu had tossed and turned all night and being too tired to unfold the couch out into a bed, Esme slept, rather tried to sleep, with Suu. Sitting hre self up right, the snow leopard gently place a hand on the child “Good morning sleepy head.” She called to Suu with a gentle tone. Soon the kit began grunting and groaning in her sleep, “J-just a little longer….” She said with her face now buried in a pillow. Smiling from this cute action of the cubs, the woman continued to try and stur the cub from her slumber, “I believe Tarjinn is making breakfast… smells like eggs and sausage.” the woman told her as she sniffed at the air, “Oh yes, he is most definitely cooking sausage.” As if someone had lit a match under the kitten’s tail, Suu jumped from the bed and leaped towards her laid out clothes for the day. In what seemed to be a flash, the lynx cub was dressed and running out the door. Chuckling at this, “I knew she’d get up if I mentioned Sausage…” She muttered to herself before getting dressed and heading on out the door.

Only moment’s later, Esme was fully dressed and groomed, ready to eat breakfast and to start her day. As the woman made her way down the stairs, Ovarr had emerged from his and Rorran’s room a sigh leaving his lips. “Sleep poorly?” The female asked as her right foot met level floor, “No, I slept fine… Rorran seems to be feeling unwell this morning.” He told her as he rubbed the back of his neck. The man was obviously a bit worried about her but had gestured for the leopard to not worry and began ushering her towards the kitchen. Upon entering the room, Esme’s eyes widened in surprise, had the dragonborn made all this food on his own? How long had he been up before they had awoken? “G-Good morning.” She managed to say, “Would you like some assistance?” She asked, it seemed that Kilrune had the table setting under control and basically all the food was prepared. “Please, this evening allow me to help with the meal preparation… you shouldn’t be left to cook it alone given how many of us there are.” the young woman wanted to help the Dragonborn in anyway she could, after all he was sacrificing his home for a bunch of strange cats no less, she could at least help in some way. “We’ll even bring home the main course if you have no qualms with fresh meat.” Ovar piped up as he slowly made his way into the scent filled room. “Esme and I have a hunting mission today, we’re taking the young males out to hunt as well as some of the females who desire to learn.” At the mention of hunting Suu’s ears perked and she jumped from her spot at the table, “Can I come!? I’m ten now! I can hunt!” She began trying to justify her ability to learn. “Suu…” Ovar began rubbing the back of his neck as Esme stepped towards her and crouched down to her level, “Not this time, you’re still too young, wait till you are fifteen at least, little one.” She told her while watching the tired kit’s face roll into a bit of a pout.

Quote :
Alyana and Kearney

Wandering along the town streets, Alyana listened to her companion lecture her in a low but audible tone. “Keep your hood up… and for heaven's sake do not get wet, the dye is only temporary.” He whispered as his red pupiless eyes bore into her. “Kear… I really think you’re being a little too worried about this...” She whispered, only to get met with another stern look from the charcoal tiefling. Rolling her aqua gem-like eyes off to the side the woman smirked, she knew he was only trying to protect her and she appreciated it but, was it really necessary to go as far as to dye her skin and hair?… Though upon examining herself this morning, she had to admit she looked more tiefling then she did human, all she was missing was the feet, tail, and eyes. To her and Kearney’s knowledge tiefling half breeds were not very common but they’d seen them a time or two which gave the male reason to believe she’d be fine posing as such a beast folk. With her black cloak up, shadowing her face, her long tattered dress brushing the ground in places, the woman's eyes began to wonder about. Many of the houses were being repaired even this far inward. “I wonder what happened here…” She mumbled as she paused in her tracks. Continuing to walk, Kearney hadn’t realized his friend had stopped, this was due to him continuing to lecture her about this that and the other.

About that time, the sound of small quick moving footsteps causing Alya to glanced about which led her eyes to a young boy about 6 or 7 years of age. The little hybrid bounded around her before planting his feet in the dirt road causing a puff of dust to roll about their legs. Looking down at the young kit, the well disguised woman crouched down before him, her hood falling off in the process, “Oh, hello… It’s nice to meet you Kliff” She greeted him warmly, a pleasant smile on her lips. The woman’s aurora had a warm and pure feel to her, the look in Alya’s gem-like eyes showed the utmost kindness. “Why, you’re quite observant aren’t you?” She smiled, “My name is Alyana Elwing, my companion’s name is Kearney, we arrived here yesterday evening” She told him before looking over her shoulder and turning to see the others coming towards them, all the while Kearney had found his way back to Alya and was clearly scowling at her from behind, his arms crossed above his waist. They were the first true adults she’d actually seen so far, and one of them was the king. Standing up, this fact made her nervous, she’d never met a royal before let alone spoke to them. And To her surprise, beside the king was a Tiefling, bearded with short black well groomed hair and silver eyes. His skin was a greyish red coloring and his legs seemed a bit different from Kearneys… Having only known him all her life she’d never had the chance to truly meet another Tiefling, this fact also made her nervous. Removing her eyes from the older male, she then glanced towards the King, he was wearing a black dress shirt with nice pants trimmed in gold, his eyes were a piercing blue, she could tell their color from where she stood as they made their way over. Lastly, the woman’s eyes fell on Fenrinn, the other little boy who seemed to be just as full of energy as Kliff. The boy looked to be half orc and had one of the cutest smiles, his eyes resembled his father’s too. “Hello, Fenrinn! My names Al-” being cut off by Kearney’s second attempt to get her attention. The women jerk and looked back at Kearney, his red iridescent eyes were narrowed, his brow furrowed. Most anyone would have been scared of him but the young woman wasn’t in the slightest, “Don’t be rude, come and introduce yourself Kear.” She smiled at him, that smile always had a way of melting his frustration with the girl. Silently, she watched his face go from slight shock to a reluctant look before he too finally crouched to the boys level, “Nice to meet you, Kliff, Fenrinn.” he said as he looked from one to the other, his tail curling behind him out of reflex. And as he did his part in introduction he grabbed hold of Alya’s hood and pulled it back over her head with his left hand, “I am Kearney… Alyana’s companion, I’m sure she had already mentioned my name…” he finished before standing back up. He wasn’t one for talking to children nor really one to socialize with anyone but Alya, she was his world after all, his reason for not fading from this world.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 8:42 am

Quote :

Tarjinn

Tarjinn happily continued cooking the eggs, finishing one and placing it on its designated plate before he heard Esme’s greeting. Turning his head, he flashed her a wide smile as he saw her and Ovarr enter. The male’s expression concerned him, especially with the lack of Rorran by his side, but he assumed that he had everything under control. If there was trouble, surely he would ask for help? Shaking off that thought, he laughed to himself as he saw Suu’s wide eyes and excited bouncing towards the food. “You can grab anything you like. Bring your plate here, and I’m sure Esme would be happy to help you get all the breakfast you desire.” He gestured to the wide array of food prepared. At the two cat’s offer and talk of fresh meat, he glanced to the collection he had. Having a fresh meal for lunch or dinner would indeed be a treat. He hadn’t been hunting in a while, preferring to help the village by purchasing their selections. But he could accept an excursion from the group if they wanted to give a payment of sorts. “I wouldn’t be against that. Don’t feel you have to bring back a lot, nor bring something every day. I enjoy being able to feed my guests.” He added another egg to the pan, though his senses caught onto Suu’s disappointment. Thinking for a moment, he looked over to Kilrune, who was observing the cats with the utmost curiosity. “Suu,” he started, tapping his chin in thought, “Kilrune here was going to go out and practice his fighting skills today in the forest. While they are hunting, why don’t you and him go learn and practice some moves together? I will be supervising of course,” he added at the end to Esme. “We won’t use real weapons – including our breath – with a young one in the clearing. But she may be excited to learn about some draconic, or paladin, fighting techniques.” He hoped that would cheer the girl up, after having to wait another five years to go hunt or probably do anything that required an extensive exertion of effort. In the clan he used to live in, children were learning how to defend their own as well as hunt from the time they could walk. Vigorous training led to experienced warriors, after all. Ivoryfang didn’t take to wasting time. Though he wasn’t about to teach Suu what her age of dragonborn would be learning, he would amuse her with some simple defense to pass to her caravan to better protect themselves if they saw it fit.

Kilrune perked up at the offer from Tarjinn. Though it was casual for the male to share it with the cats, he had been looking for a chance to prove his mentorship and leadership skills to a younger audience. It would be one more step in the right direction to becoming a strong paladin like his own mentor. His eyes were shining, and he could see the larger male’s amusement as he exchanged a glance with him. This was great! Not only could he possibly train Suu, he could gain the respect of the other cats staying in the mansion. He was about as giddy as a newborn learning to crawl. But he hid his excitement to not annoy Tarjinn, bowing his head to the group once the male of the house was done. “I would be honored to tutor her,” he piped up, looking mostly at Esme, who looked even more pretty in the daylight beaming in from the windows at the back of the home. He wanted to keep his composure, lest she was anything like Mellow and would tear his hair to shreds if she noticed a hint of curiosity on his part. “It would likely give her an advantage in hunting later on, even if it’s just a couple moves.” His tail waved back and forth, and he struggled to keep his excitement under wraps.

Quote :

David

As Kliff raced up to the newcomers, David struggled to call for him to halt and come back, but once he noticed that the two were tieflings he couldn’t help but chuckle. Kliff had no qualms about greeting anyone he met. His sensitive ears picked up on their conversation, and he was only a tad concerned by Kearney’s behavior. Only a tad, because Legion had the upper hand when it came to tieflings that had too much control over anyone else in the kingdom. He approached the two, observing how the male pulled the hood back over the female’s head. Was she possibly sensitive to the sun? He would think that she would keep track of that on her own, but perhaps she was just forgetful. “Thank you Kliff for welcoming them so kindly,” he told the young boy, seeing him light up in pride at the encouragement. Stepping forward, he lifted the woman’s hand, kissing the back of it. “I greet and welcome you to Folgario, Alyana,” he told her with a smile, before looking to Kearney and patting him on the shoulder. “I greet and welcome you to Folgario as well, Kearney. I am His Majesty King David, but please just call me David, even if Legion here gets on your back about it.” He gestured to the taller male beside him, who was gazing at the other male tiefling as thought sizing him up. Pulling rank was something he always enjoyed doing. “Legion is my trusted advisor. He can answer most anything that I cannot. Luckily my country is small enough that we can focus on everybody that comes on in.” Speaking of which, the king was concerned by their appearance. It was rather obvious that they were new, even if their faces told the story enough. Everyone here wore Folgarian attire, so anyone that did not stuck out like a sore thumb. He reached into his waist pouch to hand them some money, but Legion had already pulled Kearney’s hand out from them being crossed and placed his own stack of coins there.

“Consider this a welcome from me,” Legion stated, placing his hands on his waist after he handed the collection to the creature. “That should be enough for a new collection of clothes. I doubt many will be comfortable offering you anything until you have shown that you are willing to take in the ways of Folgario and all we do here. That is not to say that you must stay here, but we value-”

“Legion, I don’t think you have to throw everything at them at once,” David told him, grinning with great amusement. “Your gift was plenty, and I thank you.” Legion likely didn’t do it out of the goodness of his heart; it was more likely that he did it to save David from looking as though he favored any individuals when they were out here in public. He looked back to the two, pretending to wave off his advisor. “What he means is, we value your presence here, and we hope you stay. We are both aware of the treatment of tieflings outside our borders, and we hope to change that with the society we have created here. Folgario is a developing kingdom, but we are strong and willing to overcome our losses. Kliff and Fenrinn are examples of such. I hope to see you thriving here, for however long you stay.”

“You should stay forever!” Kliff exclaimed, and Fenrinn nodded in agreement, standing beside his friend. “We can show you all the ways of Folgario!” Looking back to David, his tail curled in excitement. “Daddy would make them perfect!”

“I’m sure he would, Kliff. But we will let them settle first.” David smiled at the boy, before looking to Kearney. “Where are you staying? I’m assuming one of the places down this street or the next.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am

Quote :
Esme

Catching Tarjinn’s quick wide smile, Esme couldn’t help but allow the worry she felt melt away. He was so kind to Suu, honestly if it was just him and the Squire here maybe she’d suggest they adopt the kit… she couldn’t make that commitment to the child, not with all that she had on her plate… She couldn’t possibly take a child into dangerous areas, heaven forbid, into battle. If the snow leopard couldn’t guarantee the kitten’s safety she wouldn’t commit to taking her under her wing. Glancing towards the excited lynx it seemed Tarjinn had happily told the cub she could eat as much as she’d like. ‘I couldn’t imagine losing her.’ she thought with soft eyes. As the leopard stepped towards the two, Esme smiled down at Suu as a chuckle escaped her, “Alright what would you like?” She asked, as the cub bounced in place she pointed at each item she wanted only after having pointed she’d say which food item it was, “Slow down.” She told her with a giggle playing at her lips. By the end, Suu’s plate looked like it was for a grown man, “I hope you can eat all this…” Esme muttered as she looked at the plate then down at the small cat child. “I can! I can!” the kit insisted as she placed her plate down on the wooden table. A little after the cub had found her place back at the table, Tarjinn had answered Ovar and the snow cat’s request to bring home fresh meat for dinner that evening. “Wonderful, is there any particular meal that you’d like for us to prepare tonight?” Esme asked curiously as she picked up her own plate and began fixing it. Having only place a few pieces of meat and an egg or two on her plate the feline sat down beside Suu to enjoy her light meal for that morning. After sitting down, Suu resumed her gloomy expression knowing she couldn’t go on the hunting trip, however, Tarjinn brought up a solution to cheer the cub up. It was a wonderful plan, though Bane wouldn’t like it, it would teach the child needed skills to protect herself, after all, cubs didn’t stay cubs for long and the sooner they learned the better in her eyes.

Perking up, Suu’s large lynx ears shot up and her eyes widened with excitement, “Really? Can I really?!” She asked, her little nub like tail swished from side to side. Looking from one Dragonborn to the next, the child was so excited she almost couldn’t contain herself. “Really!? You’ll really teach me Jin-Jin, Rune?!” she asked as she jumped up from her chair and raced over to the two of them. Bouncing with each giddy step, the cub giggled from pure joy and quickly hugged both Tarjinn and then Kilrune. Turning to face the leopard she beamed with a bright smile “Esme! They really are going to teach me!!” She chimed as if the Snow Leopard wasn’t in the room the entire time, smiling at the child, Esme chuckled, “Yes, I know… Make sure you pay attention, alright?” Esme reminded her that being taught wasn’t all fun and games she needed to keep her mind on what they were showing her or else their efforts would be wasted. Nodding her head quickly, the cub looked back up at the two draconic fellows, “Thank you so much.” a gentle purr could be heard rolling from the kittens chest before she quickly scampered back over to the chair to eat her breakfast while it was still hot. About that time, Rune was able to bow and express his feelings towards the opportunity, this caused a gentle smile to roll over Esme’s maw, “Thank you, both of you for giving such a gift to one of our own, she will treasure it for years to come.” she thanked them, before noticing Kilrune’s eyes were still on her. Glancing back towards Ovar, she seen that he was not anywhere near her so he wasn’t exactly looking at the both of them… and his eyes weren’t exactly tilted down to see Suu either. Surely he was just being curious and he wasn’t gawking, could a dragonborn even be attracted to cat-folk? Pushing the strange thought to the back of her mind the woman smiled to herself as she realized just how outlandish her thoughts had become before continuing with her meal.

Ovar however, hadn’t pushed the thought aside and was grining now. Grabbing up a plate, the tom sauntered over to the food display before beginning to fill it up. Glancing towards the younger Dragonborn, the male cat couldn’t help but let a large grin slide over his feline maw. For the moment, Tarjinn seemed to be focused else where and Esme’s eyes were on her plate.. Rorran was sick in bed… it was purrfect! Gently Elbowing the Squire, Ovarr leaned towards him before whispering, “Y’know, if ya paint the picture, it’ll last longer.” He teased him clearly noticing he’d been gazing rather intently at the Snow Leopard. “S-She might even pose for you..” he added as he stifled a chuckle. Luckily for him, Suu had started chattering once more covering up his whispered teasing towards the male dragonborn.

Quote :
Alyana and Kearney

About the time the child had raced to her side and Kearney had found her once more, the rest of the group arrived. Standing up from her crouched position towards the children, Alya redirected her gem like eyes on the two adults before her. However, she only got a clear view for a second before Kearney had quickly pulled her hood back over her head. He wanted her to wear a blind fold as if she was blind or had some sort of eye injury… obviously she down right rejected that absurd request. Sure, her eyes and hair were very strange compared to normal humans and other beasts but surely not everyone knew what it meant right?? Wishful thinking? Shaking the thoughts away, Alyana smiled at the two, that is before David reached for her hand. Before Kearney could pull her away from him, David had taken her hand into his and placed a kiss against her dyed skin. Instantly the girl’s expression went blank, shortly after her lips mouthed two words, laughter and chaos. however from someone who didn’t know what she was, they’d probably assume she was simply shocked or overwhelmed for a moment. Coming back to reality, the girl quickly shot the king a smile through the shadow of her hood and though nervous and suddenly somewhat exhausted the woman tilted her head, bowing. “Th-Thank you King David, we hope to be able to stay for a while.” She told him as he finished greeting Kear in a somewhat similar manner. Bearing with it, the Tiefling’s red eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched, clearly the man didn’t enjoy being touched or maybe he just didn’t enjoy other people aside from Alya. Removing his eyes from the King of this country, the tiefling looked to the one called Legion. Feeling his nose beginning to wrinkle, he didn’t care for this one more so than David, however, the look was quickly removed from his face as Alyana shot a look up at him obviously telling him to stop. Feeling a sigh escape his lips the beast man looked elsewhere. About that time, Legion had taken hold of his arm and pulled it from the tieflings body causing Kearney to nearly growl at him, his tail whipped from side to side. Alyana could tell what Kearney was going to do next, as the coins fell into the man’s hand the young woman quickly took hold of his wrist keeping him from making his poor choice to drop the coins in the mud below them. “Thank you, both of you.” the aqua eyed woman gave them both a warm smile before slowly letting go of kearney’s arms. He wasn’t happy, though this entire time the tiefling hardly even expressed anything aside from irritation and discomfort. Looking over her shoulder and up at her friend Alya smiled at him before suggesting, “Why don’t you go find a clothing shop nearby I’ll meet you there.” She told him, however the man was reluctant to leave, “Please?” She asked once more. Still his coon like feet hardly moved, “And if there is anything to spare, please get some ink, a quill and some parchment.” she finally asked though this time she had hardened her tone a bit more, Kear’s eyes narrowed somewhat with curiosity before he began looking for such shops. For a moment, her eyes followed him before the girl returned her gaze to the two before her. “Forgive him, he’s not at all that rough around the edges. We’ve come from Mellofork as I’m sure you know, they detest tiefling more than most… It’s caused Kearney not to trust.” She quickly shared with them now that her companion was wandering the village on a mission. “And, we would be happy to learn and better understand your kingdom and your ways whether we stay or plan to leave,” she added she enjoyed learning given her past there wasn’t much of a chance to truly learn Mellofork’s history or anything else aside from what her mother had taught them. Giving them both a rather warm smile, “Yes, They are wonderful sources of hope, Kliff and Fenrinn carry great blessings for the future” she told them as if she truly knew what was to come. About that moment, Kliff had excitedly spoken up, “Stay forever?” She repeated as she placed a finger on her lips and glanced off to the right, “Well…” She said with a smile before crouching down to both of the boys. “How about this…” She said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out two gemstones, one being aquamarine and the other being deep red, “Hold onto these and if you never lose them, neither will we leave the village.” she told the two as she handed the aqua colored stone to Fenrinn and the deep red stone to Kliff. The stones were given to her by her mother, one resembling Alya and the other Kear, she’d had a dream the previous night that she’d meet two young children and they’d need her stones for their safety, however, she did not see what exactly would happen to them if they did not keep the stones. Standing back up from her crouched position, the woman looked to David and about that time Kearney had returned with a few items filling his arms. Clearly he didn’t feel like speaking as he was asked where they were living, so Alyana took it upon herself to answer, “We’re staying in Cloverin Inn.” She said as she gestured towards the inn which wasn’t all that far away. Glancing down at the boys, Kearney noticed Alya had given the lads the stones. Recalling the way she woke that morning, gasping for air and hold her chest, clearly the children were the ones in the dream. Returning his gaze to the three Kearney began leading the way back to the inn. After closing examining the new clothes he’d bought for them both, he realized just how tattered and poor the two of them looked…
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Quote :

Tarjinn

As Tarjinn began to finish up the last of what he cooked, he couldn’t help overhearing Suu’s overwhelming enthusiasm for eating a mountain of food that was now on her plate. She certainly had ambition, that was for sure. Chuckling to himself, he looked over to Esme as she questioned what she should bring back. Well that was something he should have thought of. “I’m actually not sure,” he replied. “I’ve heard elk may be coming around this-” He was stopped suddenly by the lynx kitten’s excited squeal, and looked down to see her gripping him in a hug. He couldn’t help but grin and crouch down to give her a proper returning hug before she bounded over to Kilrune, giving him the same treatment. She was quite the girl. She brightened a room in an instant; Esme was lucky to be her companion. “You’re welcome, little one. I’m glad we get to offer you the opportunity.” He turned back to the stove, finishing up his cooking before cleaning up and covering up the opening to the coals so nothing could escape – or get in. He yawned, rinsing his hands off before he grabbed himself a serving of food and sat himself casually next to the snow leopard. “I hope she will. It’s valuable information to learn and keep with you no matter your age. Once you know how to protect yourself, even if its just basics, you can improve upon it and be much safer.” Taking a bite of eggs under bacon, he looked to where her eyes wandered, and found that she was gazing at his squire. Who, it seemed, was taking an interest in her. He had a feeling that would happen, as after all, Esme was a beautiful catfolk. But Kilrune would hopefully take more steps beforehand to know her before he pursued her, if he did. Ovarr made his way over to the dragonborn’s side, and he let them be, turning his attention back to the two girls at his table, remembering something better to mention. “Oh, Suu, another thing. Esme showed me your dreamcatcher, and I would love to buy it. She said I should ask you for permission first, as it is your creation.” A smile grew on his face. “I want to hang it in the room you’re in for now, so that you can still see it while you’re staying here in the town.”

Kilrune grabbed a pork sausage, chewing on it after he had hugged Suu and watched her sit down. This was going to be amazing. He could gain skills in leadership, show off to Tarjinn and Esme, and feel as though he had a step up in the world. His eyes sparkling, still gazing at the snow leopard, the ocelot from the night before made his way up to him, elbowing his arm. He was about to greet him properly when Ovarr took the lead. What did he possibly mean by paint? He gave him a confused look, until he mentioned “she”. What?1 He saw?! His face burned, and he suddenly went speechless. There was no way he just said that. He scrambled for a quick reply. “I-I’m very inexperienced in painting,” he squeaked, his voice cracking in surprise. There was no way he was about to paint Esme, in any pose.

Quote :

David

David’s eyes gleamed in the sunlight as he grinned down at Alyana, pleased to hear that she wanted to rest in Folgario for the time being. New faces were always a pleasure to see walking around, especially in such a country as this. As he watched the two, he was also pleased to see the disgruntled male take his absence to go buy some outfits in the town. Good, they would fit in a little more and have a better opportunity to settle now that they had better clothes than torn rags. He was surprised to hear her apologize for the creature though. Shaking his head, he waved his hand as though to dismiss it. “It is completely alright. I fully understand the treatment towards tieflings, and I advocate for abolishing any foul treatment towards you. Legion is a great example that not all are wicked and cruel as the rumors state. Here, if there is any word that someone is being treated poorly for their appearance, tiefling or otherwise, they are interrogated and sometimes imprisoned. Nobody deserves to be outcast for the way they were born.” He gestured to Fenrinn, who had gone back to weapon-fighting with Kliff now that the adults were talking. “If anything happened to my son for being half orc, I would skin them alive. He had no choice in the matter, so he should not be blamed or harassed. I hope that Kearney finds peace here, and perhaps feels trusting enough to stay here in a place that will accept him fullheartedly. If you and him are both willing to learn and understand, like you said, you will thrive here like everyone else.” He grinned wider. “It may not look like much, but Folgario is filled with determined people, and by our standards we are just as successful as many other wealthier countries.”

As the woman addressed him, Kliff turned back around, his eyes bright as he stared up at her. Fenrinn almost knocked him off his feet, but his father picked up his weapon, swiftly pushing him forward so he would listen. The two boys were absolutely entranced by the appearance of two beautiful gems, holding onto them carefully. Kliff had never seen something so pretty, so shiny. “We will never lose them!” he declared, gazing at the red stone as though it was the key to the rest of his life. He didn’t want these new people to leave! After a few moments, the kitten looked to Fenrinn, who seemed just as surprised as he was. They would work tirelessly to ensure that the tiefling and tiefling hybrid would stay forever. Maybe the lady could be Fenrinn’s new mom! Kliff was overwhelmed with the possibilities. Starting to bounce around in excitement, the two boys raced up to Legion, rambling about how much they wanted to do. The man couldn’t help but smile down and listen to them, nodding every so often.

“Ah, Cloverin Inn. Further beyond our line of progression so far, but we should be able to have that area complete by the end of the next year. It’s very quaint – I hope everything goes smoothly there for you.” Bowing his head, David’s grin was now a smile as he saw Kearney wanted to lead their way back, likely to change into their new attire. “I will see you around, Alyana and Kearney. Please let me know if you need anything. Or I guess, let Kliff know otherwise.” He laughed softly, gesturing to the excited boy. “Him and his family can bring it to me if you see them around.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin
Page 3 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next