Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 8:09 pm

Quote :
*War General* Maugrim Kieran Moro

“Your tradition’s will not be destroyed, you needn't worry.” The wolf tried to reassure him once more, dropping the seemingly creepy smile as he noticed Elmira’s warning expression. “As you should, a king that doesn’t fight for his kingdom's traditions is hardly a king at all.” He shared his opinions on the matter, David was a wonderful king and the wolf though tense at first could see a nice future between them forming, especially if they learn one another’s ways. With the shift of the topic, Maugrim’s ears and tail show his interest and pride, “That is similar to we lupus, our pups begin learning as soon as they are old enough to play fight.” A chuckle rolled from the wolf, “Our people have an advantage over others, we train early where other kingdoms, clans, packs, wait until their children are grown and making families of their own… Personally I believe that is a waste of valuable time. My kind enjoy learning such skills early, I’m sure it is no different for your people.” Listening to David’s words, his explanation of how new his kingdom was, Maugrim shook his head, “I wouldn’t worry, David, you’ve taken the right path in my eyes.. The fruit of your hard labor will soon be recognized and seen by your people and others, I am sure of it.” he felt his lips pulling into a smile again but he quickly corrected the expression and tried to show his pride with his eyes not his mouth like normal humans would. “When is the competition? Are their young ones ready to take part in such a thing now? I would love to see how this tournament takes place and what all goes into it.” He shared, before looking to Elmira who was kind surprised from the information shared. “Yes, she only has a few more years left. But no, actually I hadn’t brought it up… I’ve been so focused on the cause I haven’t spoken much about my daughters schooling to him, forgive me for that Maugrim.” Elmira admitted her failure to inform the beastly man of the traditions her child took part in. “No need to apologize, you’re busy working a day job and have been working a night job as well… I don’t blame you for spacing such a thing, Elmira.” He accepted her apology, he wasn’t sure if David knew of Elmira’s efforts to save the slaves with him, if he didn’t know he did now.

Quote :
Fraeya

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. Every night for the first few weeks, Fraeya was able to keep her promise to David. She wrote to him, intent in sharing every detail of her day with him, however, that detail began to fade as the days became harder, more time consuming… She hardly had the energy to write a letter a week now, let alone every night. "M'Lady… " a voice sounded from the door of the queens office. "Yes?" Fraeya answered without looking up from her work. She was signing papers for war materials, trade agreements, and other letters of the same nature. "It's getting late… You usually end the night with a letter to King David." The voice answered her hum of curiosity which recieved a tired sigh, "Oh yes… how could I have let that slip my mind…" she murmured tiredly, "It’ll have to be put off till tomorrow night i'm afraid." The Queen told her assistant and friend before stand up from her desk. "Whats on my schedule for tomorrow?" She asked as she rubbed her brows due to eye strain. "The usual… however you do have a free hour in the garden." Pausing after exiting the room, Fraeya looked at the woman a shocked expression on her face, "an hour? How have I manged such time?" She tried to come up with the answer on her own when the woman beside her smiled warmly and draped a warm shawl around the Queens shoulders. "I arranged it, you need your rest and time with Inari." So that is how she had an hour to herself, "You're something… I will let Quin know to bring Inari to me tomorrow then during lunch." A new found smile rested on the elf face now happy and eager for the next day.

Last edited by Moonncloud on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 10:27 pm

Quote :

David

It seemed there were further similarities between Folgario and the lupus pack that were previously unknown. David took mental note of each, wishing to discuss it later with Legion and Kochab when the former returned so they could evaluate the benefit of allowing the two to possibly merge, or allow Maugrum to join the court as an official member. For Alyana it was easier, as she had no alliances and no motives, but this was an entirely new creature to contend with. “You are correct in saying it is no different for us. My people have already gone through their phase of being ‘too late’ and I do not wish to carry that on to newer generations. They will be more powerful and skilled than their parents and grandparents, but only if they grow over time. Many also train to form new pair bonds and create children of greater power, however that is not something I endorse.” The king adjusted himself in his chair before observing the lupus attempt to grin, again seeming more menacing and not quite understanding how to smile in a more mellow, human way. That would need to be fixed before publicizing his court title - if he did fit for the position. “Our next tournament will be in the spring, when all the snow has melted and the temperatures are level. It takes extreme weather out of the variables and allows for a more equal experience for the teenagers. After the tournament takes place, the winners are announced and tokens are handed out to those who participated in the competition. Our radars - special elite students who have heightened skills in one of three areas - are also announced at this time and graduate with their own honors, and begin their training with an individual mentor.” After he finished, the wolf and Elmira began to exchange in conversation, and David sat back to allow them the space to do so. However, as they spoke, Maugrim mentioned a night job of Elmira’s. His brows furrowed as his gaze honed on the woman across from him. A night job? While taking care of the kitchen and assuring him earlier that Saela was taken care of? How often did Elmira spend with her daughter if she was working day and night? His jaw clenched as he tried to control his rising frustration, not wanting to make a scene in front of their guest. Apparently she was close enough with this wolf to keep in very close contact with him too. How he wasn’t Saela’s father was beyond him. But his gaze told her that he would be speaking with her privately after the meeting was concluded. “Saela is in the strength branch and doing well as far as I know. If you are present during her tournament, I invite you to come watch her compete. You are welcome to come observe our spring tournament however, as my court and I will be in attendance as we always are.”

Quote :

Tobias

It had been a strange new experience to have the shift of a king to a queen in Es’lond. Though nothing to do with the queen’s rule, he wasn’t used to having someone new in charge after being in touch more often with the late king and crown prince. His relationship with the new throne was unfortunately lacking, and he had to step in and claim his place as a worthy ally. The half-elf, half-tiefling donned a winter’s hat atop his braided white hair before his vanity, adjusting his fur-lined vest and boots before setting out of his quarters and towards the stables. He didn’t have much to his name, but his title gave him access to slightly better accommodations, which was all he could ask for. His hybrid blood didn’t sit well with most in the royal family. It was a blessing that Levos had liked him so much. He walked through the castle towards the stables, but when he saw a group of staff walking with deer through the wide halls, he veered off into the gardens to take the long way around. He didn’t feel like squeezing through a herd. Shuffling through the fresh snow from the nightfall prior, he turned a corner around a hedge before he ran into something softer than any plant. He jolted back but lost his balance in the process, falling backwards into the snow with a soft thud. The male sat up quickly to find he had run into none other than the queen herself, carrying her young infant through the gardens. “Y-Your Majesty! I am so sorry, I did not see where I was going.” Scrambling to his feet, he was quick to bow, the braids of his long hair falling over his shoulders and around the curled antelope horns that extended back beyond his head. “I was on my way to the stables and had to take a detour. Please forgive my intrusion of your time.”

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 3:06 pm

Quote :
Elmira

Humming in agreement, Maugrim nodded his head, the corners of his lips raised just enough to move them and not reveal his teeth. “Yes, my pack strives for such things, strength is better than weakness when you live a beastly life like a lupa’s weakness will get you killed.” He shared his thoughts on the matter further showing his opinions were the same as David’s or at least similar. “I used to endorse such things but my family has shown me in many ways you don’t have to be born with strong blood to be born strong, you have a choice and a chance regardless, as long as you are willing to work for it. My own daughter taught me that.” His voice had softened at the mention of his own offspring, his eyes showed a pained look in them but it only lasted a second. Tightening his hand into a loose fist, the wolf man focused himself back on the topic at hand, the tournament. “Interesting, I look forward to the spring months then. We do not hold tournaments, we’re more feral I suppose… I’m sure you’ll be able to witness it the day you visit my pack. I like the categorization, we wolves have our preferred positions as well, where our skills are better met but I’ve not personally placed my wolves in such positions, It must make things more suited for the individual to do it like this… Similar to a battle arrangement, troop formation, I’ll have to implement this immediately.” Maugrim pondered the thought some more nodding his head in interest and in thanks for David’s information. Before long however their conversation had switched to Elmira, and the feeling that filled the room caused Maugrim’s brow to raise as he eyed David and Elmira, a back and forth look from his orange hues.

Elmira felt a heat rise to her cheeks along with some confusion as all eyes were on her. That confusion subsided as she realized just what detail David was probably getting upset about… David’s emotions had to be smothered for the moment so he could finish what he was telling the wolf but she knew she could see his jaw line flexing this wasn’t over. “Uh-” about to speak up and clear the air Maugrim had cut her off, not realizing she was about to speak. “I see, It’s suitable for the child… Her hooves can do quite a bit of damage and if she’s anything like her mother when she’s older, I have no doubt that that will only increase over time.” He felt a chuckle wanting to pull at his canine lips but that tension in the air was still tugging on his wolf senses “Do I need to leave the room for a moment?” he asked his own confused look washing over him.

Elmira sighed softly and glanced up at her wolf friend before over at her past lover, “If David feels it is best, we could call a recess.” She made the suggestion hoping David wouldn’t growl due to his already soured mood.

Quote :
Fraeya

Wearing a heavy winter gown, covered by another heavy fur cloak, the Queen carried her infant son in her arms. Inarie two was wrapped in a warm fur blanket which matched Fraeya’s own attire, nearly as white as the snow around her, with hints of gray. Humming away to her song, a smile gently on the woman’s face, something rarely seen these days… She attempted to get her song to sleep after his lunch Quinly had made for him of eggs and other soft food items. She’d missed this, the feeling of his weight in her arms, he had gotten so big, he was a little over six months old now… it was hard to imagine it had been so long since she’d first come to Folgario and three more since she’d left. Lost in her thoughts, missing many she had to leave behind, a sudden bump came from behind. The collision almost knocked her off balance but she was quick to catch herself without dropping her child. At first she wanted to snap at whoever had been so foolish to walk into her but, that took a lot of energy and she didn’t have it… all she wanted was to relax. Turning to face the individual she looked down at him, it was Tobias. A surprised expression washed over her face, what was he doing out here in the Queen’s garden? Raising a brow at him she smiled, “Clearly,” She responded to his explanation, her tone of voice was distance, she wasn’t the playful character she had once been, she was more serious now due to the lack of energy and time to let go. “You’re forgiven, you need to be more careful… You’re lucky Quinly isn’t here she’d given you a royal lecture… let alone any of the royal guards or the like.” She felt a chuckle wanting to escape her, something of a rare sort. “You are Tobias, you’re my Archivist, forgive me. I spend a lot of my time with my other counsel members but very little with you it seems. Where were you trying to get off to in such a hurry?” she asked him as she held her son close to her, she decided to take this time to get to know the lad. It would be good for Inarie to know more tieflings than just Quinnly, even with him being only a portion tiefling… after all, time for David was fleeting; she wasn’t sure when she’d get to see him next.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 5:43 pm

Quote :

David

David was curious about the mention of the lupus’ daughter, and did want to know more as he could sense tension beneath his tone, an untold story behind his words. He did agree with the sentiment however, and nodded. “Hence why we have two branches, stealth and strength. You can have talent in an area and excel regardless of your build or birth. Everyone has a purpose in Folgario, and I wish to keep it that way.” The male went on to explain a bit more of his own pack and its customs, seeming to like the Folgarian culture and wishing to implement it. It helped to bridge more of the gap between them David felt, easing some of the burden of the initial miscommunication. About to respond, he continued by mentioning Saela’s talents, before a pause of silence filled the room. David didn’t want to do anything about his reaction to Elmira, but it seemed there was no choice with how she responded. “I believe Elmira and I have a bit of a gap to tend to ourselves that has come up. Would you be able to give us a moment? I apologize, Maugrim, I just need to clarify something with her.” His eyes glanced back to the centaur across from him, an intent stare behind his navy hues. He wouldn’t let her get away with such a secret so quickly. “I will call you in as soon as we finish.”

Quote :

Tobias

Tobias stayed bowing as she began to speak, only rising once she was well into her sentence as he pulled his hands behind him. She was right, he would have received quite a chewing if he had run into anyone else, though he did wonder if the queen before him would have also done the same had she not had her child in her arms. He opened his mouth to apologize when she called him by name, identifying him directly. It stunned him for a moment, but he quickly gained his bearings and cleared his throat. “Yes, I am Tobias. I wanted to get to the stables to study the relationship between Eldrin and Evergreen some more, since I had some free time from my scripts. I’m terribly sorry for putting my own day above your own and not being aware of my surroundings. You’ve been very busy and I shouldn’t bother you with my presence.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 10:16 pm

Quote :
Elmira

"Very well…" Maugrim answered before her stood and headed for the door. Glancing over his shoulder as he paused at the doorway, he took in the expressions on both individuals' faces. David's displeased face paired well with Elmira’s remorseful one… at least she was sorry and not entirely stubborn. With that thought, the Lupa left the room to wander the halls, staying close enough to hear when called.

Elmira's eyes traveled the wolf for a moment, a bit reluctant to look at David for the moment. She should have been more informative with their earlier conversation… maybe they wouldn't have landed here at this time. Looking down at the table, before finally bringing her hues to his own, "Saela’s fine, she's never alone and I don't leave her till after she's asleep in bed." She explained hoping maybe that would ease the tension but she had a feeling it wasn't going to be a cure all.

As he walked, Maugrim's nose twitched at an odd scent. Following it intent on finding the source the man realized after a short bit of time the smell was following him! It was so faint he hadn't noticed till well now. Looking down, he spotted a feline of sorts about to weaved between his cancine legs. It purred heavily, its orange coat was rather vibrant against his dark fur. "Uh… um… he-hello?" He greater the animal as if it could speak, he'd never met a cat before not one like this. He struggled to make his way about the hall the rest of the break as the creature wouldn't stay out from between his legs and out from under his feet.

Quote :
Fraeya

"Wonderful, then you can accompany me and share what findings you've discovered so far." She told him, a bit of a smile pulling at her rosy elven lips. "It's warmer in the stables and I still have plenty of time before I need to be back within the castle. I had already planned on Quin meeting me at the stables to take Inarie back to the nursery, so having some none work related company would be nice… as long as I'm not hindering you any." She added as she realized she was beginning to ramble. Speaking with more than commands and answers was, well, a needed change yet, it was going to take a bit of getting used to again it seemed. "You are forgiven, accidents happen." She reassured him before saying once more, "I really wouldn't mind the company. I've been wanting to get to know my council on a more personal level as well… My kingdom will never be Folgario but it is one of the factors I miss and would like to try to bring forth some form of similarity if I can." She shared as she started up the small stone bridge pausing only when she arrived at the top to see if her company was going to allow himself to stay in her presence. Her people were more up tight about Royals and ranks… it was something that would be difficult if at all possible to change within Es'lond.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Quote :

David

The king was relieved when the wolf left the room, seemingly unphased by the pause. It would allow him to focus on the issue at hand, and not offend the other by the discussion he wished to have. Shifting in his seat, his brows furrowed tightly as he gazed at Elmira, listening to her excuse. "You are here all day, then up all night. I am your friend, but also your king. I am not going to allow you to overwork yourself and neglect your own care, which will affect Saela. I know I work very hard for Folgario, but my son comes first. Helping the slaves is encouraged, but not at the expense of your well being. Had I known about this sooner, I would have alternated you with someone else. You ensured me you weren't working too hard. I trusted that your castle work was the only thing you were doing." He paused, glancing down to the table to figure out what he wanted to do. He wasn't her lover nor Saela's father, but he was also her friend who didn't want to see her falter. He could live without her food for a while. "I'm putting you on sabbatical starting next week. You're not to work in the kitchen until things are back in order. Maugrim is likely to join my court, and I will need your assistance in introducing him as well as implementing his ideas for slave rescue. If you're a part of that, then that is your primary focus. I will find a replacement for you this next week. I am not about to have any of my staff overworking themselves, especially those with children to care for. Saela deserves to have a mother for more than a couple hours a day."

Moose was happily weaving through the wolf man's legs, begging for attention from the newcomer. Newcomers were often suckers and gave him lots more food and treats than the kitchen tended to hand him. Meowing loudly, he continued to follow the male, ears perked and ready for attention with his tail raised in the air.

Quote :

Tobias

The tiefling hybrid was surprised by her forgiveness and acceptance, and her willingness to get to know him. He had never known the queen well, as his brother took up most of his time. But he didn't mind some bonding with her, making the court a bit easier to navigate with the queen herself advocating for him. "Oh, of course. I'll share whatever you wish to know. You aren't hindering me at all. Besides, you're the queen. Anything you say, goes." He gave her a soft smile, adjusting the hat upon his head. "I'll escort you." He began to walk through the snow, staying mainly on the cleared stone paths she had been walking through prior. His dark blue eyes went to Inarie, who seemed content in his mother's arms. "He has certainly grown big since his first arrival," he mused. "So content and quiet too. Is he enjoying the snow? I imagine Quinlynn has been adjusting him to all the snow for a while now."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Quote :
Elmira

As soon as Maugrim was gone, David’s lips parted and the lecture followed. Crossing her arms as he spoke, her own brows furrowed as a gentle sigh left Elmira’s lips. “David, calm down… I’m not neglecting myself or anyone else. I’m getting plenty of rest, and any free time I have I’m with Saela.” She tried to explain herself but David was set on continuing with his lecture. “It’s not every night either- What? David!” She gritted her teeth out of frustrating with her friend and king, “I’m doing what I am to keep Saela from becoming a slave herself…” she stressed to him, without raising her voice, “ If those of us who are capable don't act we could be next and I’ll do anything to keep my child from such a faint, to keep everyone's children from that fate… it’s all worth a few sleepless nights David.” She was sure David was going to tell her she couldn’t take part in helping Maugrim, however instead he put her on sabbatical, took away her kitchen!! “Wh- My kitchen!? Ha-Have someone else in my kitchen!? David!” She was now panicked the last time they had someone else in her kitchen they messed it all up! They had everything out of place. It took her a month to get it back in order, not to mention they used ingredients that were from her personal stash. The more he spoke the less she could speak, the look of defeat fell over her face before she put her head down on the table. “Fine….” She grumbled. He was right, he needed her, less time in the kitchen meant more time with her daughter and more nights in the forest working for the cause.

A low growl left Maugrim’s maw as his annoyance grew with the small beast… but it’s persistent meow’s and kind actions made it hard to hold an angered mood. Just what the hell was this little beast, and why did the tiny thing want his attention so bad? Was it ill, did it need something? Picking it up he held it nose to nose with him, ‘What do you want little beast.” he asked it, his brows furrowed with a slight look of curiosity.

Quote :
Fraeya

Tobias was quick to accept her offer, ‘you’re the queen. Anything you say, goes.’ didn’t set entirely well with her but he wasn’t wrong… It just made her feel as though he was required to join her because of her status, a command if you will. For now, she wouldn’t comment on it, she did pause though a silent exhale left her, a plume of steam leaving her lips as she did. “Thank you.” She gave him a light smile before continuing on as if nothing bothered her at all. Part of her expected her kingdom to change over night but it wasn’t possible… it wasn’t folgario, it was a kingdom that has been resting on hundreds of years of traditions. Lost in her thoughts for a moment, she was surprised when Tobias mentioned Inarie. “Oh, yes, yes he has.. He’s learning rather quickly too, I wish I could spend more time with him but there is a lot of work to be done given the state of things.” Readjusting her son in her arms, the Queen chuckled a bit at the man’s inquiry, “He’s not a fan of it getting in his little face but I think he likes it, it always surprises him how quickly it melts in his little hands.” As she spoke about her child, her golden hues rested on the infant, the loving eyes of a mother.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 5:10 pm

Quote :

David

David wasn’t pleased with Elmira’s retorts, not understanding the situation from outside her own bubble. She had broken his trust and left out crucial information to him, information that would have benefited him long ago. It sunk in his chest to have a disagreement with her, but at the time being, he was out of patience and out of emotion. After everything that had occurred recently, he didn’t want anything else bogging down him or his staff. “We have controlled slavery well within our borders and Saela has never been at risk. None of the children are. Sleepless nights help nobody if you lose your energy and risk making things worse for yourself and those around you. Who ever made good decisions on lack of sleep? You simply cannot keep this up and I’m not going to allow you to. If you’re passionate about helping Saela and the children, you will take a step back from your normal duties. You will be paid as normal, use it to focus your attention on what is clearly more important to you.” He sighed, leaning his forearms on the desk before running a hand through his hair. Her next complaints about the kitchen were not unheard - he was aware of the dilemma that occurred last time there was someone else in charge. “I will be temporarily promoting one of your assistants, one that has been here longer and understands the kitchen and your ways. You will not be disrupted quite so severely - you will be making the choice most likely. Figure out who your pick is and that will be the person overlooking the kitchen staff until I place you back in your position.” The man took a few deep breaths, hating the argument but unable to avoid it. His world was falling in on itself once more, an unavoidable fate each and every time he felt things were going his way. “I imagine you’re working with Maugrim, correct? You figure out what your schedule is with him. Figure out something that works with him to teach him Folgarian ways and introduce him to our culture and what his role will be should he be placed as war general. Show him the garrisons, the soldiers, walk him around town. Make him comfortable. Whenever Legion gets back, I want Maugrim prepared if we choose him. He will have to take his position instantly and immediately begin his work for Folgario. Have I made myself clear?”

Moose was more than happy to be picked up, and meowed loudly before his purrs vibrated his entire body. His tail swung back and forth, staring at the male with wide eyes. He was glad to be held, even if it was by the scruff. He proceeded to then put a paw on the wolf’s nose, batting it softly clawless.

Quote :

Legion

After what seemed an eternity, Legion was more than relieved to arrive at his and Alyana’s resting place for the next week, a cabin surrounded by green grasses and trees, isolated from the rest of the world. They had entered a gate not too far back, but he couldn’t see the fenceline anymore, not from any direction even in the broad dawn daylight. They would be fairly protected for the duration of their stay. Finally beginning to relax, Legion slowed Stallion until they came to the adjacent stables, settling the steed inside the first of two stalls and beginning to unpack the saddlebags. “I do not think I have ever been so relieved to be done riding,” he mused to Alyana, shouldering the bags and walking over to help her unload her own belongings from Clover. “Stallion and Clover will stay here in the nights, but we can release them during the day to roam the grasses. They will be protected as far as I was told.”

Quote :

Tobias

Tobias seemed to have surprised the queen, and he was going to apologize for bringing her out of her thoughts, but she didn’t seem to mind the topic as she gazed down at her son. “I understand, the change is unsettling for me too. It feels like everything is out of place. I think you’ll get the hang of it soon though, and be able to get back to spending time with Inarie and your court. Things just..take a while to adjust.” Inarie looked to be enjoying the time outdoors, his silver eyes set on Fraeya. It warmed the tiefling hybrid’s heart to see him so loved by his adoptive mother. “It is quite a curious thing, I don’t blame him. I’m sure when he’s older he will love to play more in it and get to play with some of the children. I know I certainly loved snow days when I was a child.” He smiled at the memories, pale gray tail curling behind him as they walked. “What about you? What season do you like best?”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 11:14 am

Quote :
Elmira

Fuming along with David from their disagreements, she kept her head down on the table. Preventing herself from saying anything else she'd regret later. David wouldn't understand the fear this situation put in her heart, the worry of being enslaved again… nothing was preventing the enemy from waltzing in, from invading… It was only a matter of time before they decided to take such actions, ripping families apart. The state of things was definitely getting to the centaur, the way she kept her mind calm was through her cooking but it seemed she’d have to focus on other things now. As she sat silently, he somewhat eased her concern regarding the new cook, at least she’d have a choice in that. Lifting her head from the table, Elmira’s eyes locked with his. The woman was clearly displeased with the arrangement but what was done was done and she wasn’t about to make matters even worse for either of them. Afterall she still loved the man and she didn’t want to push him away when he needed her friendship. “Perfectly…” She answered before standing up from her chair and pushing it back into the table. “I apologize.” She finally said as the chair tapped the table gently. Gathering the platter, Elmira started for the door, “I’ll get the two of you more to eat and drink a piece.” she told him, her voice soft yet still a tad bit sharp. As she walked out the door she spotted Maugrim just beyond the entrance with Moose by the nap of the neck. “Maugrim… w-what are you doing with the cat?” She asked, being somewhat pulled from her poor mood from the sight.

With surprise Lupa lifted his head to see Elmira, moose’s paw booping his nose at that time, she held a near empty platter in her hands, looking at him with a rather confused expression. “Cat? Is that what this fat tiny beast is called… Do they taste good?” He asked, clearly unaware that it was a pet and not something to eat. “Maugrim, it’s a pet, his name is Moose and David would be rather upset if you had him for lunch…” Elmira had to hold back a chuckle, it wasn’t often she saw Maugrim so curious about something before, he normally kept his emotions to himself but the meeting seemed to bring him out of his canine fur a bit.

Quote :
Alyana

Alyana was more then ready to dismount Clover when they arrived at their honeymoon destination. The angelic beings back side ached more than it had ever hurt from gardening. “Neither have I.” She agreed a small giggle followed, helping her now husband unload their belongings, the woman took the lighter of the bags in her arms. “Alright, I’m sure they will enjoy the freedom and meadow.” she shared her thoughts on the matter happy to know the horses would be safe out here. Putting down the bag she held, she began unsaddling Clover, the saddle was a bit heavy but she got it lifted up and off her horse easily enough. Putting it up on a saddle rack she then removed Clover’s blanket and draped it over the top of the saddle to allow the sweat soaked side to dry. Lastly, she removed the bridle letting Clover quietly walk off from them, once a safe distance away from the two individuals, Clover was quick to run enjoying her freedom and ability to go roll in the field. Smiling at her horse’s amusing actions, Alyana watched her for a moment before picking up her bag and looking to Legion, “I think they will be just fine. And if any danger does show, I think Stallion will be more than capable of protecting the both of them.” she couldn’t help but watch the equine as his herd mate was off having a good time and he hadn’t quite been let loose yet. “He really seems to like clover.” Alyana piped up as she walked towards the abode they’d be staying in, only pausing to wait for Legion.

Quote :
Fraeya

A gentle sigh left the Queen’s lips, she knew he meant well however, “If only it was that simple. I just hope the war will end soon, that the outcome will be in our favor.” She told her Archivist, the war was often on her mind, it was rarely elsewhere anymore. “I believe change will be forever in our future at least until things have finally settled. But if they go as I hope, I think it’ll be for the better.” Fraeya shared a warm smile on her face as her eyes lifted from Inarie to watch where she was going a bit more clearly. “Yes, I’m sure he will too. Snow was always a fond memory of mine as a child as well… I don’t think I’ve met many children who didn’t enjoy the snow and the fun it often brought.” She chuckled as she reminisced on childhood memories. “What is my favorite season? That is a hard one.” She hummed as she thought about the question, her head tilted to the grayed sky, more snow was to come. “Well, as a child I would have to say winter, however, as an adult, I’d have to say Spring. I love the new life it brings with it, the beauty that erupts from the previously frozen and sleeping earth.” Her smile remained this time, her golden hues fell from the sky and landed on the hybrid next to her, her snow colored hair danced in the gentle breeze that began to blow. A curious question came to her mind as she looked at him, “How did you and my brother meet? Back then I don’t recall my father being very.. Open about allowing anyone but elves in his court, he was very traditionally driven… “ she continued to keep her eyes on him, only to look away if Inarie fused or to watch her footing on stones, or steps.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 1:15 pm

Quote :

David

Though their conversation was over, David knew the issue was far from solved. But he couldn’t let Elmira waste herself away and be exhausted for both of her jobs. Besides, for him it made perfect sense. If she was so worried about the slaves, this gave her time to focus on it more and work however long she pleased towards the cause. He assumed she didn’t seem to understand that. Sighing out as she left the room, he stood to his feet and walked after her to summon the wolf back inside, though as he stepped out, he saw the wolf commenting on eating his cat. It took a moment for his panic to settle in his chest. “Yes, please don’t eat my companion. I can assure you that the taste isn’t worth the disaster that would follow.” Walking around the beast, he pulled Moose from his claws and set the cat down, the orange tabby disgruntled but staying put. “You may come inside and we can discuss some of our details further. Moose may join us it seems.”

Quote :

Legion

Legion watched as his wife took off Clover’s tack, the mare taking off into the grasses and immediately rolling in it as soon as she was far enough away. The tiefling chuckled softly at the sight, and tilted his head to observe her. “Stallion is quite powerful. I do not think anyone would want to mess with an animal as big as him. But, that is partly why I chose him. He protects those who are weaker but puts forth a primal image.” His horse, almost knowing he was being spoken about, pawed his hoof into the ground with a huff, throwing his head in agitation. Legion turned to see the frustration on Stallion’s face, and realized he still had tack on his mount. “Hold on, calm down.” He worked swiftly to take the saddle and blanket off, resting them on their rack. As soon as he took off the steed’s bridle, Stallion was off into the wind, whining after Clover as he kicked up grass and dirt. Legion had never seen the horse so eager to join another. “You are right,” he mused, following after Alyana towards their cabin abode. “He is usually happy with the castle herd, however with Clover he is another being entirely. It is as if he cannot be parted from her side.” He watched the few for some moments more, the two obviously content with each other’s company, before focusing on their short walk to the porch. “They have their own type of honeymoon I suppose, while we partake in our own.”

Quote :

Tobias

Tobias nodded, knowing the somber presence of the war would not soon be lifted. It would be difficult to move past it even after its end, and he wasn’t sure how long it would take for normality to settle in again. “I am hoping you’re right,” he agreed, watching her reminisce on the past and her childhood. She settled on spring as her favorite season, and he smiled to see her brighten some. “Spring is a good season to choose. Always temperate weather and enjoyable to be outside and not be concerned about extra layers. I like the flower blooms myself.” The conversation began to shift as the wind blew it away, his queen now observing him carefully before asking about his relation with the royal family. His eyes widened at the question, thrown off by the sudden change, but cleared his throat and focused his attention on their destination ahead beyond the trees. “Oh, um, I used to work in the stables. My parents were taken as slaves, but I was young enough to be pulled away by one of the staff and they hid me with the deer. I tended to blend in with my appearance, especially in the wintertime.” He gestured to himself. “But I learned to be stealthy and snuck my way into the library one night, because I wanted to learn how to read and fend for myself. Your brother caught me and was going to throw me out, but I believe he understood that my outcome in life was not bright. I would become a slave if I didn’t have a secure place to protect me, being half tiefling blood and all. He took pity on me and helped me to learn to write, and read, and still have a position as a stable boy so I could earn income and save. Eventually, when I showed interest in studying the past, the prior Archivist brought me on as an apprentice. Your father was…well, not very happy about it all. But Levos refused to let him kick me out. When the late Archivist passed away, I was the obvious successor. I’ve been with my title ever since.” He smiled softly, sliding his hands into his pockets. “Levos was…a very good friend. I don’t know where I would be now without his intervention.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2022 8:19 am

Quote :
Elmira

Maugrim

Maugrim looked a bit surprised at the man and his feelings for this… cat. “A pet? We Lupa’s do not have pets, at least, not ones that can’t be eaten.” he shared before feeling his muzzle pull into a slight grin. He silently wondered if his human kin would enjoy a ‘pet’ she’d never mentioned before but if a king needs such a companion in his life, wouldn’t a small human want one as well? Losing the grin, the canine looked to his king in a more serious manner, “Forgive my ignorance, I won't harm any of your pets or rather any other animals in Folgario unless I know they are free game.” He added as they re-entered the room, the tension still felt tight in the air even without the woman here. “Though I’m not keen on baby sitting, if you want I can try to keep the woman from overworking herself.” He mentioned, with his wolf ears he could overhear a touch of their conversation let alone the fact he had a feeling it was coming before he left in the first place. Glancing down the little terror named moose pranced between his wolf-like legs, it’s large body bouncing with each step. “Yes, it seems so.” He replied with a brow raised at the cat.

Elmira

Reaching her kitchen, she grumbled under her breath as she removed the leftover scraps and added fresh meats, cheese, and dried fruit to the platter. Ready to slam the tray down she took a deep breath and calmed herself before gently sitting it down on the counter. David didn’t understand, nor would he ever see her side of things… But he was right she tended to overdo it and one day it would eventually catch up to her. Crossing her arms she sighed heavily before turning to the cups she’d place on the counter moments before and began filling them both up with a light wine that was low in alcoholic content, something nice for the meeting and to calm their nerves ever so slightly. The wine was a spiced cider wine, perfect for the cooler weather they were beginning to have.  The last items she added to the platter were some bread rolls, to accompany the dried and fresh meats she’d laid out on the charcuterie board. Picking it all up she began back to the meeting room, calmer then before and with a gentle look on her face as she tried to bury her emotions.

Quote :
Alyana

Pausing on the stairs to their current abode she smiled a gentle chuckle leaving her at his comment. "They'd have to be a fool to mess with such a horse or a truly confident horsemen." She giggled, "I'm sure Clover feels very comfortable with him here with her." She added before reaching her hand out to Legion wanting to take his into hers. However, she'd noticed Stallion's antsy behavior and then his saddle along with the rest of his tack still there on him. This caused the new spouse to chuckle again, she’d gotten excited to rest with her husband as did he it seemed and neglected to remove the steads attire. Quickly the tiefling moved, getting all items off the horse before putting them up and quickly heading up the cabin stairs to her. All the while Stallion was quick to bound out to Clover making all the noise he could to alert Clover. "I suppose so." She agreed with him a smile still on her lips as she watched the two for a moment more before starting up the stairs once more.

Clover jumped to her hooves from where she laid as Stallion finally whinnied for her, freed from his tack his thundering hooves could be heard being across the pasture to her. Returned her own squeal she took off away from him to buck and let loose some energy. With that being done, Clover calmed herself a bit before nickering gently go the stud and prancing to him greeting him with a nuzzle.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36