Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 Deddcf97c3b5097fedb56bd2d4606b22
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 B8a96ae241cddbca6a2c9eed56b75f83
Quote :
Jericho sensed Juniper was still concerned over her lost friend, and worried that they would never be found. It made sense to feel fear in that...especially for someone like Juniper, but Jericho hoped the best. He didn't respond, knowing there was little else he could say to ease her mind, but he offered her a soft smile instead, pulling her out through the glass doors. A rush of clear night air ran over Jericho's figure as he stepped around the gardens. He smelt the sweet aroma of tree sap in the air, followed by the flowers and fresh soil in the gardens. Moonlight descended on the walkway, the light dancing on the material. He slowed his pace so his companion could amble next to him now, his ears picking up the distant calls of birds. The nights here were always so quiet to him...and open. He could see out across the treeline, more so than he would back home. He tapped on the nearest flower, watching the petal bounce to the weight of his finger when he responded to Juniper's question. "Not really," he said in a chippy tone. He meandered a little ways before brushing against a stone bench and coolly decided to hop on top of it with a big grin pointed up toward the sky. "Here! We can sit for now, and enjoy the wind and the stars together." Feet touching, Jericho sat in a butterfly stretch on-top of the bench, his eyes sparkling like the night sky above them. "I used to do this often at home. Sometimes I would get tired of hearing my Elders prattle, so I would sit up in my fort, lay back...and just listen." Breathing in, he exhaled through his lips happily and giggled, watching her until she took a seat beside him. "What's cool is that these are the same stars I would watch from back home. It's nice to know that wherever I am...they'll be there if I need them." Then Jericho asked gently, "Did you ever do anything kinda like that? Little things you find yourself doing that other people don't?"
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 8:44 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
Satisfied with his response, and relief that she didn’t have to think about what he would like to see best, Juniper settled next to him on the bench and watched him stretch out and relax. For being so new to the estate, he certainly fit in easily. His bright eyes matched the stars above them, the very ones he admired as he spoke of their significance. He quickly shifted the topic to her however, asking if she did anything differently. Well, for starters, there were many, many things she did differently compared to normal society, normal nobility. But she wasn’t about to spill her entire life story just to answer his question. No, she had a feeling he was looking for something sentimental, meaningful. It took her a minute of searching to find something that could fit. “There are many things that I differ from what is seen as normal. But, I suppose one is my affinity for trouble.” She withheld a smile, leaning back against the bench. “I’ve always tended to push back against anything I didn’t like, and made my own path around it. Even if it was as simple as a meal I didn’t like, or something major like my position as a Marquess, I would make my voice heard. I tend to get a lot of heat from my stubborn heart.” She shrugged, finally gazing over at the boy beside her. “My instinct is to always fight. I think a lot of people would find that troubling to say the least.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Quote :
Listening to Juniper's response, Jericho shook his head, his shoulders shaking as he expelled a quiet laugh. She carried such a presence...in all his years, he had never encountered someone quite like her before. She was clear about what she wanted, and clear about making her opinions known. He had noticed this before she had explained it to him now, but she called it stubbornness, whereas he liked to call it transparency. She was honest, and that was one of the things he liked about her. "What, really? Oh I don't know about that," he said, drawing out his words in a playful manner with a sneaky grin on his face. He leaned toward her a little, one eyebrow arched up. "If that bothers anyone, they can come talk to me. I'll set 'em straight." He puffed out his chest, pointing back at himself with his thumb. "I did pretty good at knocking some heads with the badgers. It would be good practice, and maybe I can shake loose whatever stuckup attitude they have and tell 'em to fix it." He laughed a little more, the innocent boy peering back behind the snarky attitude. "I think you doing that is admirable. Whatever moss-sucking leech says otherwise most likely envies your ability to stick up for what you think."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Quote :
Juniper was a bit surprised to see Jericho suddenly so spunky, especially this late at night. He seemed even more outgoing at this time than in the daytime, where even if he teased it was all lighthearted. She lifted a brow, watching him play out his confidence, smirking just a bit at it all. “I will admit, your work with the badgers was fairly impressive. You and Elaina took them down without any issues. We may have some scuffles with that market and the guards from now on, but I’d say it's a worthwhile consequence. They know who not to mess with next time.” Crossing an ankle over a leg, she watched as his expression slowly slipped back to his normal self, the mischievous look in his eye replaced with innocence as usual. How interesting. “I appreciate your compliments. You can tell that to Xavier, who deems it fit to insult my very existence anywhere near him.” She rolled her eyes dramatically. “I’m sure you’re right though. He envies my ability to be stubborn, and has to roll at the Duchess’ feet to get ahead. A poor, pathetic life if you ask me. Bowing down for any superior becomes aggravating in the long run.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 12:26 am

Quote :
He felt a humbled blush warm his face at Juniper's compliment about the badgers. He smiled, eyes trailing down as he kicked his legs in a pleased manner. "Yeah, they'll take one look at us and quake in fear," he said, shining eyes lifting to Juniper's face. "Such a funny thought really. It's been a long time since I've made enemies." The last time was a while back, and he didn't really know what to call that situation, but he felt the term 'enemy' fit enough. When he heard Juniper's response about Xavier insulting her existence, Jericho couldn't help but let loose a few flurry of giggles. She and the mustache man didn't seem to get along very well, but Juniper didn't sound like she took the situation too seriously. She decided to be dramatic, with an eye-roll and everything. It was funny to see that from her, and see that she was keeping it light. He allowed himself to simmer in the moment, enjoying her company and her humor. Gradually, his laughter softened slightly, and when his giggling faded, he covered his mouth and yawned, eyes welling up in tears. He started to feel his eyelids go a bit heavy. "Mmm...I'm never up this late," he murmured to the side, rubbing his watery eyes with his hand. "I think it was all the excitement I had today, especially with being in your big house."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Quote :
The woman was surprised to hear that the boy even had enemies, somewhere out there in the world. For a boy like him, it was hard to believe. There would always be sticklers out there, but even Xavier got along with him. She studied him curiously, tilting her head slightly. “Do you have any enemies, Jericho?” she asked quietly, brushing some hair from her face. She herself had made quite a few over the years, including her family and beyond, which was no surprise to anyone. Like she mentioned earlier, she had a knack for trouble, which meant friends were not her strong suit. Jericho on the other hand reached his hand out to anyone that needed it, no judgement or ill wills. Just a happy smile and a joyful step to his gait. He eventually yawned, his body slumping slightly as the exhaustion began to seep into him. She figured being up for a little while longer would shoot his body into sleep quickly. “I’d believe it. But you won’t be missing anything by sleeping, I promise. We will be back into action tomorrow and have plenty more time for excitement. Besides, once I get this whole thing…” she waved her hand around to try and place a better word to no avail, “taken care of, we will have more than enough time to explore and show you everything. But it’ll be hard if you’re too tired to see it all.” She reached out and ruffled his hair through his giant hood, a small smile on her face. “I know it can be hard to settle into a new place too. If you need company while you sleep, I do have an extra travel-like mattress I can set up in my suite, or I have a comfy sofa as well, so you’re not alone in your big one. But it’s up to you. Whatever can make you rest the easiest.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Quote :
Giving a tired nod, Jericho responded to her question about having any enemies."Somewhat, yeah. They were people who really didn't like me, but that's in the past now. They judged me too quickly," he said slowly, looking at her, wondering what she'd think. He wasn't sure how to best convey the situation into words, but he had no hard feelings, nor did he dwell on it. His mind was starting to go hazy anyway. "I am very glad to have met you though, and all the nice people who show me not everyone is like that." Smiling at Juniper sincerely, Jericho rubbed his eyes again when she reasurred him there would be time later to explore. He glanced back over her gardens, giggling softly when Juniper ruffled his brown hair and suggested setting up a bed in her suite to get him adjusted. "I would like that very much, thank you," he murmured groggily, but happily. There was less and less energy in Jericho now than there was before. Every second brought more heaviness on his shoulders and he couldn't help but feel himself blinking off. "This has been so fun..." he slurred quietly under his breath, finding another smile sneaking out from his lips before started to drift off. Jericho teetered a bit in his seat, finding his head to be heavier than he could hold. He gently rested it on Juniper's shoulder for a moment, just so he could rest it, and covered a yawn with his hand before his eyelids fluttered closed again and he faded.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 10:56 pm

Quote :
Juniper continued to smile softly at the boy, watching the energy slowly fade from him as he yawned, voice becoming softer seemingly with each word he spoke. He seemed happy though - content. Relaxed enough to fall asleep on the middle of a garden bench. Jericho's head had rested upon her shoulder, and as she slowly pet her fingers through his hair, he faded off into a gentle slumber, his breaths indicating his passage into sleep. She stayed there for a few moments, just taking in this time with him and the words he spoke. He had fun, he wanted to stay with her, he was excited to see what she had to show him… If there was a God she followed, she may have given them thanks for bringing Jericho to her. But, because there were no deities looking down upon her in grace, Juniper had the time to stand slowly to her feet, Jericho in her arms as she made her way back up the stone steps and back into the cozy interior of the guest wing. She had begun to walk to his suite, but remembered he had wished to sleep in her room instead. So her direction changed, going into her suite and walking to her bedroom to set him down on the ottoman at the end of the bed. The room was large but minimal, a king bed against the right wall accented in dark blues and whites while the navy walls made the space secure and quiet. A large, curved bay window lay against the far wall, a windowseat under with cushions and a blanket resting comfortably upon it, sheer lace curtains draping on either side. A fireplace loomed to the left of the room, two chairs and a small stand between the two the only furniture on the rug under the small section. Dark shiplap wood accented each piece of furniture, appearing worn as though being restored from an old ship long since retired from its time at sea. A seasalt air still lingered throughout the room. Juniper found her way easily to the closet to the very direct left of the room, a large walk-in space with two levels of clothing and shelves aplenty to hold shoes, accessories, and occasionally a weapon or two. The left of the closet was the majority of her clothing, fitted button down shirts and cotton pants along with tall boots and small armor pieces for guarding. She ignored all of this however, instead pulling out the cushioned cot and bringing it back into her room, laying it in front of the ottoman. Juniper then laid some sheets down from the same closet - some cream silk linens - and a fluffy pillow before deeming it suitable, lowering Jericho in and tucking him in soundly. It was only then that she walked to her own bed, rubbed cranberry oil on her wrists, and curled up with a pillow in her arms before finally finding her own deep slumber alongside Jericho, no thoughts left to bother her evening.

[[Skip - Next Morning]]

Quote :
Juniper found that she had slept more peacefully than she had for the last few months. Though not a perfect night's sleep, and not what her truest calm sleep had once been, it was comforting to have another human presence in her room through the night. She had almost forgotten about it the next morning when she woke to find Jericho at the foot of her bed, but didn't take long to adjust and simply begin her normal morning routine - change into decent clothes, brush her hair and check her braid, then make her way downstairs for breakfast. But before she could even leave her suite, she had found Jericho already awake, ready to take on the day with a gleeful smile and skip in his step. The two had eaten breakfast together and discussed the itinerary for the day, enjoying the morning between just the two of them. But Juniper's anxiety had grown as each hour passed, and as she now leaned against a pillar in the main sitting area, tapping her boot anxiously against the wooden floors, she wasn't sure how she was going to make it through today. Especially not with the guest she expected to arrive any minute. She could have scowled if her mind was not so preoccupied, lost in worries as she stared ahead mindlessly. Every scenario passed through her mind, the good and ugly alike. But she could calm none of them, and resorted to simply shuffling through them as quickly as possible, finding solutions for any problem to be prepared for whatever they would discover at the docks.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 6:22 pm

Quote :
The moment the sun had broken over the horizon, Jericho's eyelids began to move, and he gently began to drift back into consciousness. He found himself nestled in a nest of blankets, atop of a makeshift bed beside Juniper. It caught him slightly by surprise. He figured he must have dozed off, or perhaps he walked his way over and just didn't remember. Either way, he was happy to see her this morning, and he couldn't wait to tell her all about his dreams. Shifting his head off his pillow, his large eyes caught Juniper's dozing figure from over the bed frame and he stretched his arms out, a quiet noise escaping his chest when he did. Jericho hopped out of bed, his bare feet hardly making a tap as he tiptoed his way from the cot. It was then he realized how messy his hair had gotten that night. It prickled awkwardly from being tussled around in the hood Juniper had gotten him, which reminded him of when he first went into town. He used to sleep with a hood and would wake up with the strangest hairstyles the following morning. He was far more relaxed now though, and usually only hoods in public or around others. Jericho giggled quietly, careful not to wake his snoozing companion. He undid the hood on his head, setting it aside on the cot before gently folding it. Jericho hurried out of the room shortly after, his exposed head poking out of the door to check for Juniper's workers before he slunk his way to his suite.

Hours later, Jericho had changed into the same outfit he had donned yesterday, with his swallow brooch proudly gleaming in the morning light. Jericho greeted Juniper as she joined him downstairs. He bubbled up about the dreams he had, excitedly gesturing out the story like a proper storyteller while they ate their breakfast. He made sure Juniper got a laugh out of it as he exaggerated everything he possibly could with the biggest grin on his face. Once that was done, he investigated more of the estate, and returned to Juniper later with an Asearian pear in-hand. Standing in the sitting room of the estate, he took a bite of the juicy yellow fruit and noticed her increasingly tense posture. He came to her and tapped the corner of her arm. "Juni, you look a little nervous," he said, enjoying the pear's flavor before saying, "it will be fun! Remember all the cool things we talked about." He looked at her, bright-eyed as always. Then before long, his head swiveled in the direction of the front room, ears honed in. He pulled his arm back, taking another bite of his fruit. Excitement flashed in his ice green eyes as he heard someone approaching from down at the foyer. "I think your other companion is here," he tipped quietly, knowing she wouldn't be able to hear as well as he did. "His boots kinda sounds like yours," Jericho said with a laugh.
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
Enjoying the wonderful luxury of a horse-drawn carriage, Xavier finally caught a glance at the estate he would be arriving at from his window. He set a finger on his temple, as if trying to prevent an on-setting headache. Not from Juniper funnily enough, but the upcoming trip. It was less than desired, but he had to suffer whatever was hurled his way for for Trinity's sake. It was a painfully short ride to the front entrance and before Xavier had the time to soak up the forest view, he was greeted by the coachmen, who pulled open the carriage's door. Breathing in, trying to ignore the ocean's nauseating flavor in the air, he removed himself from the comfort of the carriage and stepped off. It wasn't long before the carriage pulled off after that, and he was left to examine the estate for himself. The stone walls had a quaint blue tint, which contrasted the blushing colors of her front garden...actually quite nicely. Xavier huffed, crossing his arms with a haughty expression. He could hear the rustling of servants below the roar of the estate's flags, which no doubt carried the insignia he recalled being oh so important to the estate's owner. Xavier shielded his eyes from the sun pooling down on his face, lifted his gaze, and sure enough, the Kingfisher's banners were waving proudly atop the building. "In case there was ever any doubt," Xavier sarcastically mumbled to himself with a sigh. He made sure to dust himself off before a servant came to address him. "Viscount Finn, I presume?" Xavier breathed in to prepare himself, and bowed slightly, expressive brows arching somewhat.
With that, the servant exchanged pleasantries, leading him to the front doors that he quickly pulled open for Xavier. Glistening chandeliers twinkled above him when he stepped into the towering foyer, and he examined every nook and cranny with an increasingly unimpressed gaze. The colors had good contrast, but he quickly averted his eye, finding less interest in the sea-themed decor. It reminded him...of a boat. How utterly ironic. It appeared his entire life was coming a full circle. Xavier sighed again as he was led up a flight of stairs, and was brought down a hall to the first left room. When he drifted his hand off the stair bannister, he eyed his fingertips, but found no dust on its surface. He appeared pleased with this, and felt enough confidence to step into the next room. It was no surprise who was waiting for him there. Leaned against a column of a social area, Juniper was no doubt dreading this moment as much as himself. There was no mistaking the hint of disgust in her eye that he was sure to see from her. "Ah, Miss Ravenmoore." Xavier said in a drawn-out manner as he came into the room, raising his chin, and twirling the end of his curled mustache with finesse. He slid his gaze to the side, catching her new companion under it. Jericho was stood just a bit a ways away, and was as perky as ever. "And I see you've brought along your stray kitten," he directed at Jericho, who smiled along at the nickname.
"Hello again," Jericho responded chirpily before sending Juniper a glance.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Quote :
Juniper, in the midst of her anxiety and worry, was suddenly called out of her void by Jericho, whose little voice helped soothe her along with the touch to her arm. His words were right - she needed to focus on the better outcomes of today. But it was difficult when she didn’t know what all could happen in the quest to find her missing person. She squeezed her crossed arms closer to her chest and nodded in response, wishing to say something in response. But the sound of a carriage and watching her servants go to greet their guest kept her from doing so. Great, the bane of her existence. Juniper waited for his arrival however, not deigning to move from her position against the doorframe. If the man had a problem with her appearance, consisting of her half-armored attire, a dark brown leather knife belt around her waist, and her leather and metal leg brace, he could take his opinions and shove it up his opposite end. Brows furrowing, she watched the hallway until the disdained creature appeared around the corner, looking just as displeased to be here as she was to see him. Lifting her head in a semi-respectful greeting, she stared him down with every step until he stood before her, offering a dramatic greeting and an insult to boot, nothing she didn’t expect. “My stray kitten has become quite a lion, so I would watch where you step. He likes to play with mice that scamper into my halls.” She looked him up and down pointedly. If only she could rip that mustache off his face and watch him scream. The mere thought brought a small smirk to her face, not thinking to hide it. “Are you prepared to head out, or shall you wallow in your suite until tomorrow? I know it must be devastating to be apart from your master.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Quote :
The comeback was scoff-able at best, and Xavier rested the side of his hand against his face, not daring to suppress the grin that showed because of it. "Oh he is frightfully intimidating," Xavier murmured, gesturing to the boy, who was more or less oblivious. "The fact you even have mice scampering your halls speaks wonders, doesn't it," Xavier grumbled, puckering his nose as though he was seeing the vermin crawling on the floors already. He clicked his tongue, passing Juniper an empty, deadpan gaze at her jab at Lady Abi'Laark and him. "I'm not some puppet. Do remember that," he told off, but just as quickly picked up the sharp saucy tone he usually adorned himself with.
"Can we be perfectly transparent with one another and admit this is painful for the both of us. I don't want to stay here, and you don't want me here, so the faster this gets done, the better."
Quote :
Jericho shuffled back into the couch, watching Xavier and Juniper talk things over. He was utterly unprepared to be mentioned by Juniper however, who painted him as a lion rather than a kitten, but it was clear Xavier wasn't impressed by the statement. His eyes rolled from one person to the next as they talked, allowing them to figure things out for themselves. He still remained optimistic however, and spent his time picking out interesting mannerisms about both people while they hadn't paid him much heed.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 10:59 pm

Quote :
The Marquess sneered at Xavier's response, who so swiftly managed to find another way to insult her and Jericho's existence. Not that it surprised her with the way she viewed him however. "Ah yes, I wouldn't imagine a creature like you having vermin around your home. I'm sure they stray far away from your hideous sight." He continued, and she brushed off the comment of his puppetry. He said such, but the way he and Lady Abi'Laark mingled behind closed doors left much to the imagination. Xavier wouldn't trouble himself with this if there wasn't something in it for him - likely from the she-devil herself. She wasn't about to wonder why that was, however, and why they were suddenly so close and secretive. She had just about enough of their little game and wasn't about to be a pawn. She had her own goals to tend to. "Yes, I dread every moment I know I'll have to see that thing you call a face, and am already disgusted by it as it is. For once I may get seasick." She glanced back to Jericho, who had taken a seat and had been watching carefully as she found he did quite often. "Jer, you and I will be riding our horses that we used yesterday. They should already be tacked up and ready outside with our supplies." Her steely gaze returned to Xavier. "You can take that glorified carriage of yours. I didn't hear it leave, so I'm sure its there to provide transport wherever until your master calls you back to her side. I'm not about to put up with more of your complaints about any of my horses." Gesturing for the boy behind her to follow, she didn't wait for Xavier to move as she maneuvered her way pointedly around him, not touching him whatsoever as though he carried the plague and walking to the foyer and out the front door, where sure enough Artheanax was tacked and ready for a ride, nickering to the horse next to him quietly. At the sound of her bootsteps however, he lifted his head and nickered to her, stomping a foot into the dirt. He seemed about as ready to leave as she did.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 11:41 pm

Quote :
A quiet huff escaped Xavier, for sounding like an insult, the content sounded much more like a compliment. Who wouldn't like avoiding mice just by glancing at them? Much more potent than poison, and cheaper. "Anything that keeps them away," Xavier chuckled, shaking his head in dismay at Juniper. She really did try, he had to give her credit where it was due, no matter how hilariously pathetic. "Now, now, it isn't very cordial. I think his face is quite charming," he teased, deflecting her insult as if she had insulted Jericho instead of himself. The boy clearly had an array of mixed feelings wandering in his eyes at this, but he still smiled. Xavier sighed loudly at her mentioning of the horses, and eyed his nails as he leaned against the doorframe. "Blessed day. I'd much rather take that than ride that ass you call a horse." He gave a restrained laugh just as Juniper went by, "oh right. That was you, not the horse." Chuckling to himself, the man smirked, listening to her footsteps trail down the hall. It sounded like she had iron feet from the way she stomped around...such an angry woman.
Quote :
He rose to a stand, ready to follow Juniper out of the door with a smile on his face from the mentioning of the horses they rode yesterday. He enjoyed having the practice. Jericho ambled forward, though Juniper took the lead, and from his expression, it was clear he was less than impressed at the comments between the both of them. He rose one little brow, stopping at the doorway just as Juniper headed downstairs. "That wasn't a very nice thing to say," he murmured off to the side at Xavier. "She's taking care of most of the things you'll need on this trip, the least you could do is understand that," he said in a softly dissapointed tone, his brows lifting as a way of asking to be gentler. Xavier's expression remained unchanged, so Jericho decided to move on. He delicately pulled the man's embroidered sleeve as a friendly gesture for him to follow and a smile brightened Jericho's face. "Come on, this is my first time going to the sea, I don't want to be late!" He said in an enthused tone. Somehow that changed Xavier a little, enough to cause his smugness to fade, and Jericho bounded down the hall with Xavier working the courage to follow. Jericho gestured back with his hand to follow again, springing down the stairs, visibly eager to get things underway. He was a blur as he sped through the front doors, a smile wide across his face. "Hello Artheanax!" He greeted upon seeing the mighty steed. "Juniper, this is going to be the first time I sea the ocean! And your boat, how cool is that." He sent a smile her way just as Xavier managed to amble quietly through the front door.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 7:40 am

Quote :
Xavier's comments rattled in Juniper's head as she stalked to her steed, the horse sensing her tension and watching her carefully. She had a feeling it was going to be a rough morning with the man, and her gut was right in being tired of his existence. Petting her horse's neck, she checked over the supplies to make sure she didn't miss anything when informing the stable boys and was pleased to see nothing had been left behind. It calmed her a moment, and as Jericho bounded up and greeted her steed, Arthus nickered affectionately at him, ears pricked forward in his direction. It amused Juniper that he liked Jer as much as she did. She turned to face him, leaning back against her tall mount. "Its very cool," she agreed with a small smile. "I think you'll enjoy it. Its freeing to be out on the water, sailing out to beyond the horizon. Who knows how far we will go today - only time will tell. I'm sure we will have a good time though." She gestured to the other side of Arthus, where Jericho's horse waited patiently. "Everything you need should be packed, including a couple extra hoods."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Quote :
Jericho laughed gently at the horse's friendly nicker while the stable boys finished with his own ride. A light palomino mare shook her cream-colored mane, tacked and ready to leave beside Artheanax. She was smaller than the other horses here, and known for her gentle disposition, which earned her the nickname 'Honeybee' from the stable workers. The title wasn't officially given, but it suited her just fine. Jericho had overheard the name yesterday and addressed her as such. "Hello Honeybee," he murmured softly to the mare, stroking the white stripe on her forehead. She appeared content, dropping her head and flicking her ears forward to acknowledge his presence. Jericho chuckled as she sniffed at his clothes, and then he drew his glance at Juniper. "Oh thank you! I will need them," he told her with a laugh. Pulling at the corner of his hood to make sure it was safely over his head, Jericho reached his foot in Honeybee's stirrup. He stuck his tongue out in deep though as he tried to wrestle his way into his seat, seeing how it was difficult last time too. But it seemed to take him less time today then it did yesterday. Face flushed from the blood flow, he spouted air, falling back in the seat a little with a proud smile on his face. "Mustache man, where is your horse?" He called to the man at the doorway.
Quote :
Xavier avoided whatever cutting glared Juniper might have sent his way. The pools of sunlight rolled down from the morning sky, discouraging Xavier as he stepped into the light to head to his carriage parked just behind the horses. "Oh no, I would never," Xavier answered Jericho, squinting with his hand over his eyes to provide him with shade. He gradually sauntered back toward the coachmen, who presently opened the carriage's doors. "I prefer something with more class," said, slipping inside with poise. Once the man once he was inside was comfortably placed in his cushioned seats, he crossed his arms behind his head in a happily manner. From the corner of his window, he could see Jericho had turned right around in his saddle, eyes large as saucers from seeing the carriage. Xavier huffed a laugh, shaking his head. "I dare say your boy went pale in envy," he called at Juniper. "You sure he doesn't want to ride with me?" He bobbed his foot as it was placed over his knee.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Quote :
Juniper smiled to see Jericho so friendly with his horse, who seemed to have bonded with her in the short time he had spent with her. It would make their future ventures easier, just them taking their two steeds out in the wind and exploring to their heart’s delight. Artheanax was the lead stallion of the estate herd, so it was always a good sign when he behaved well with other members of his herd outside the controlled pastures and stables. Swinging herself into her saddle and trying not to groan at the pain in her leg with the motion, she settled herself atop him and turned slightly to start heading off when Xavier climbed into his carriage and taunted her. It was enough to make her pause, biting her tongue. Jericho did look rather entranced by the ride, and had likely never ridden in one. He might enjoy it more than a horse, who he was still learning to ride. But something bit within her chest as well to hear Jericho may very well be envious of Xavier and his luxury. “You don’t have to ride Honeybee,” she told him quietly, though didn’t meet his gaze over her shoulder. “You’re more than welcome to ride with Xavier if you’d like.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 9:41 pm

Quote :
Gawking at the carriage in a mixture of curiosity and awe, Jericho leaned back in his leather saddle, still processing the sight of it when Juniper's soft offer touched his ears."Ooo, really? I would very much like to," he said with a dusting of enthusiasm. His eyes glowed a little, but he still remained comfortable where he sat. Jericho continued to stare the carriage down, and all its curious designs, but then he humbly brushed the suggestion aside and looked away. "But when we come back, I would like to learn more about riding first," he said, grabbing hold of Honeybee's reigns, readying to ride.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Quote :
Jericho’s next words felt like arrows piercing straight into her chest. It was all she could do to not wince from the impact they left, the air that left her in that instant. But she criticized herself for it. Jericho was learning many new things, and to ride in a carriage would be an exciting experience. He deserved to take a ride in a noble one as well, curated for luxury. It still hurt, however, to see her offerings still not live up to those of Trinity or Xavier, or even her brother or other family members, who always got the upper hand regardless of what she had to show. Her hands tightened on her reins and she pondered racing ahead without them, but Jericho simply settled into his seat, wishing to learn to ride more fluidly upon their return. Juniper’s relief was practically palpable as she released a breath, smiling slightly over at him. “Of course. I’m the most skilled rider I know - you’ll learn to ride in no time. Unlike a certain someone, who I’m certain has never been carried around by anything but his own ego up until now.” Squeezing Arthus’ sides, she began to trot towards the estate exit and onto the path that would carry them down to the docks, leaving her previous tightness in the dust as swiftly as it arrived.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 10:15 pm

Quote :
He busted a laugh when Juniper sent the jab at Xavier, who remained snug in his carriage. Jericho shook his head, pulling the reigns and clicking his heels into the palomino's side as she swished her tail and pulled around after Artheanax. Jericho bounced in the saddle when the mare picked up her speed to a trot. Sucking air into his lungs, he clenched the reigns, following Juniper with a tensing figure. "Oh I have to try harder if I'm going to learn from Juniper," he whispered to himself, fighting back his uncertainty. He kicked Honeybee's ribs a little more, getting her to canter ahead slightly. Jericho lurched back in the seat, surprised by the speed and not quite adjusting fast enough to the expected whiplash. His eyes turned round and he pulled the reigns to slow the pace. "Oho...maybe not that fast," he squeaked quietly, the bridge of his nose turning red. He listened to the steady knocking of hooves and the grating of the carriage's wheels behind them, and pulled back to give Juniper the lead while Xavier was left to roll his eyes and lay back in his seat, covering his face to nap away the trip.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 10:39 pm

Quote :
Juniper rode along swiftly as usual, glad to be out in the open air. There was nothing quite like it, and she was looking forward to getting more of it on the open seas. If they happened to use her boat, that was. She trotted along on the stone road, but her sights were caught by Jericho, his little squeak coming over the sound of his horses hooves. It caught her so off guard that she chuckled, slowing to ride beside him for a moment. "You know, I can loop Honeybee to Arthus so she can be by him and you're not having to give her commands," she told him gently. "It might make it easier on you, if you'd like. Arthus doesn't mind." She pat his neck, watching his ear turn back to listen to them. "Riding has a learning curve, but you'll get there. It's mostly learning your horse, the proper signals, and bonding with them as you would a friend. I have no doubts you'll bond quickly with Honey though. She's behaved very well for you the past few days, surprisingly."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next