Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 Deddcf97c3b5097fedb56bd2d4606b22
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 B8a96ae241cddbca6a2c9eed56b75f83
Quote :
He walked alongside the girl, catching her wide-eyed look to his quick compliment, hearing her stumble over her words but thanking him for what he said. He didn't know why she would thank him, he was more than happy to tell her what he thought. She then responded to his question with most of her free time being occupied with reading, something he held in high regard though did very little himself. "Oh reading! That's a good way to occupy your time I bet, and it's easy to take with you where you go. At least the books you guys have seem to be like that anyways...and uh, what's whittling?" He squinted his eyes, thinking over the word, trying to figure out its definition. "Like you whit? What's a whit?" Shaking his head, he giggled at himself and looked off, feeling the rush of wind under his cowl, and glanced back to the girl with a gentler smile. "Oh, me? Too much to really say, I'm sure I'll miss a good amount just by listing but I like helping in many different places. Backsmithing, making bows and arrows, traps, playing instruments...Juniper got me into horse riding and I liked that too. I can't do much on the ship though since I can't bring everything with me, but I make do by knowing some of the roles here to help around where I can like you do. I love climbing too and talking to good people. Learning..." Jericho explained, his eye catching the girl, causing him to fluster a little again. He looked away to rub the back of his head again before smiling back at her. "But...yeah, that's me!"
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 QVJd6rO
Quote :
The blonde girl couldn’t help but smile at his words, nodding in agreement. “We do keep some books on board small enough to carry around, yes. Much easier than worrying about lugging around a giant novel back and forth across the ship.” She then let out a giggle at his confusion of whittling, the boy trying to figure it out by breaking down the word without succeeding. “Whittling is carving figures from wood with a knife. Not a lot of people do it, and it’s a dying trade...but I do enjoy making little things for myself and for my friends on land whenever I get to see them again. My favorites are little animal heads, or ship memorabilia, like the ship wheel or the Raven’s nest. Maybe I’ll show you sometime?” It would be nice to have a companion with her hobbies, now that she had mentioned it. She was normally alone in them, considering that most of the ship was either a decent age older - or younger - than she was. Swallow may have been the first to be nearest her age on the ship that she could remember. The boy then began to explain his own interests, and she was shocked by how many he kept track of. He had done so much in his life...that was so impressive. “That’s incredible,” she breathed, wide eyed at him. “I can’t imagine learning that many things in my lifetime, and being so young too. Maybe we could trade our hobbies, like I teach you whittling and you teach me...one of those?” she offered with a shy smile. “I could use some more skills, as one day I might leave the ship and pursue my own thing, but I have no idea what my future holds right now, so learning, like you said, is the best thing I can do right now.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 12:07 am

Quote :
He quickly understood what whittling was but it was interesting to see how his people called it differently than they did here. It was whittling. Whittling. Yes, a very interesting word, rolled of the tongue quite nicely though. It perked him up though regardless, making him smile and enthuse over her talents some. "Yes, I would like that very much! I had friends back where I lived who did similar things so it would be nice to see your handiwork. I'm too tired tonight but let's say, tomorrow night? Would that be okay?" Jericho asked with round, curious eyes. The look quickly faded into a pleased grin when she sounded astonished to hear his talents and he couldn't help but puff out his chest a little. "Thank you!" Jericho giggled, beaming from ear to ear. It had shaken some of his fatigue away too. "Oh, I wouldn't mind teaching you! It would be difficult to teach without the proper equipment but I think I could make due with some stuff around here. Maybe we could even -whittle- instruments and I can teach you how to play," he offered. "Something simple like a flute or a or a lyre. Might be fun!" His smile faded when she talked about her future being unsure and needing talents to see where it would take her. He supposed he was in the same position and scratched the back of his head unsurely before saying, "hmm, well I can teach you more practical talents too I suppose. Maybe we could do a bunch of things while we're here." Tapping his chin to think, Jericho suddenly pointed at her and gave a clever one-sided smirk. "BUT I have one thing to ask in return. You whittle me something, like a trade." Folding his arms, Jericho gave a pleased nod, still holding his affirming smile. "Something that you like. Could be a book or an animal, or I don't know someone. Just anything."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 pm

Quote :
The cloaked boy asked if she could show him her whittling tomorrow night, to which she gave a soft grin and pink cheeks, “Sure, that’d be really fun. As long as you don’t fall asleep in the middle of it!” she teased, nudging his shoulder with her own. He then continued by explaining his own talents, and the struggle with doing it on the ship. That was true, the Tainted Compass didn’t have a ton of equipment for hobbies as it wasn’t built for super long travels. At least, that was what she had been told, and she had never experienced the long journeys that Swordfish had when she was her age. Perhaps that was something she needed to do? Putting that thought at the back of her mind, she continued to listen to him, trying to think of any solutions. “We do have some stuff around the ship we could find…it may take a while to sort through, but it would help pass the time! And making instruments, that’s such a good idea! I can’t say I’m very skilled in instruments…” She laughed, rubbing the back of her neck. “But I’d be willing to try and make one I can use with you. What’s your favorite instrument, may I ask?” As she waited for his response, he slid a smirk her way and offered a trade. She lifted a brow, smirking in response. What an interesting offer. “I think I could do that. It’ll be hard to get it done without you seeing it before it’s finished, but I think I’m up for the challenge. You’re really giving me free reign?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 pm

Quote :
A weak laugh left him to her comment about not falling asleep tomorrow at their hangout. "Hehe...yeah, I'll try not to," Jericho said with a faint smile on his lips. The smile grew when she nudged his shoulder causing his cheeks to feel hot and butterflies to dance around in his belly. Such a funny feeling, he thought happily. "Oh yeah, I do it all the time! I can show you how to make one with me so we can play together like you said. I admit I'm a bit rusty, but it won't take me long to get the hang of it," Jericho offered with an affirming nod. Hand crafted instruments made from scraps wouldn't be anything fancy but he used to bid his time making instruments back when he would attend celebrations with his family. It was a good way to pass the time and have fun while the adults prattled about worldly matters. "I think the softer instruments are my favorite, the ones that sound like rain on leaves, or whispering voices with happy undertones. Those are the ones I like to play." He responded, his voice softening down to a hushed tone. His eyes shined at the recollection, his smile growing as he spoke louder now. "It's also easy to play them alone. I don't really have names for most of the instruments I've learned aside from flutes and lyres because they don't really have them here where you live. I come from a very small village so we have instruments our ancestors did, not like the ones here." Shrugging his shoulders, Jericho flicked his eye toward her and cocked his head at her question. She seemed unsure, but up for his idea. "Of course you get full free reign! I'm just here for the ride, you're the modeler so it's whatever you want it to be," he mused, sending a dashing smile her way, holding his hands behind his head with a strut. "I like taking souvenirs to remember parts of my life by so I've been wanting one for this trip. If you could help, I would be grateful." He chuckled to himself, glancing back in her direction, feeling tickled pink by her smile.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 4:04 pm

Quote :
She smiled back at him, almost grinning as his own face became red under the lantern light. As he continued, she nodded, looking forward to making her own crafted instrument and playing it at some point, even just to herself. It would give her something else to do on the ship at least. “That sounds amazing! Even if you’re rusty, we will learn together and get it right.” She then listened curiously, trying to think of instruments that resembled the sounds he was looking for. The blonde wasn’t entirely certain if she knew more than the basic ones, but it was possible they could make up their own, and just have fun with it. “I see…I want to learn more about where you came from, eventually. You seem to come from a different place, different from here anyways.” She gestured to the ship around them. “Maybe we can do that tomorrow, while I’m showing you whittling.” He went on to enthuse about her craft, even starting to look confident in himself, a different side to the shy boy he was only moments prior. That was an interesting shift, and her smile became amused, tilting her head slightly. “I would be honored to make your trinket for this trip of yours. I don’t know how long this trip is, but hopefully I can get it done for you before you leave.” She blinked, before a thought came to mind and she giggled. “You know, I don’t think we ever got properly introduced to one another. I know you’re Swallow, but that’s just from overhearing conversations. I’m Meadowlark - you can call me Meadow or Lark, I go by either depending on what people wish to call me.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm

Quote :
Listening to her, keeping to himself on his responses, Jericho nodded along and carefully stepped around some of the supplies on the ship. Using the lantern light to keep track of his footing, he looked over at the girl as she talked about being honored in making his trinket and hoping she'd give it to him in time before he left. "I guess if you need more time you can give it to Juniper later," he suggested. Perking at her giggle, Jericho realized they hadn't properly introduced one another. He kept forgetting that custom and thought he had done better, but hadn't this time. Laughing at himself, he looked at the girl who introduced herself as Meadowlark and his smile grew. "I will call you Meadow then. It's a very pretty nickname and it suits you from what I know so far," Jericho said. "That's very cool. Where does that name come from? Why Meadowlark?" He covered a yawn as he felt himself wilt under the fatigue again, but suppressed it for the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 7:10 pm

Quote :
Meadow thought about the notion, tapping her chin before nodding after a few moments. “I guess that could work…but I don’t think I’ll be rushed. I can make it work! I wouldn’t want either of us dealing with the hassle of getting everything transferred to you, especially with involving Swordfish in the matter.” She chuckled slightly, and they came upon a set of stairs off to the side of the deck that they walked along. She held out the lantern to see the steps and descended, coming up on two doors that she pushed open and made her way into a small, dim cask room. When they entered, he decided to call her Meadow, and she grinned shyly, face warm once again from the way he spoke. “Thank you, Swallow, I appreciate it. As for my name, well…” She curled a piece of her hair with her free hand, gazing at the barrels against the wall. “My land name is Morgan, but Meadowlarks are brown and have yellow feathers on their chest. I had brown hair when I was little, and it wasn’t until my family began to truly sail with this crew that my hair became blonde. The captain at that time thought it was a fitting name for me, especially since I loved the land, the outdoors. So it just happened to become my name when I was of age, around Raven’s age. Then I took on my training role, and that was that. I’ve been here ever since.” She finally looked back to him, smiling slightly. “What about you, Swallow? Did someone choose your name for you, or is your land name also Swallow?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 7:44 pm

Quote :
Entering into the dark cask room they accessed from the stairs, Jericho poked his gaze about the room and the nooks and crannies to see what was inside as he listened to Meadow. From her tone to her smile and the way her eyes glinted under the lantern, Jericho took in every detail, using it as a way to keep awake. But how he loved hearing her talk about her name, about her hair changing colors like her namesake and all the little things in her response. "Wow, that's pretty dreamy," he murmured, propping his elbow against a barrel with his cheek pressed against his hand. "Living outdoors, so much nature. Wow, I really like that." Jericho's eyelids started feeling heavy but he was smiling still. "And me? Oh my name isn't Swallow, the swallow is for the pendant," he said, putting his thumb under the pendant in question to show it, unaware in his tired state that she knew. The teal swallow sheened under the lantern's light. "Its a trinket I got from my first adventure with Juniper where we defeated badgers and I took a liking to it and things fell into place. I'm her little swallow and now I'm the little swallow here. My real name is Jericho though. A name my mother picked for me."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 8:12 pm

Quote :
Meadow watched him lean up against the cask, taking in every word she spoke about her name and its history. He really was entranced by it, and she couldn’t help but smile about it. He just kept her smiling it seemed. He responded with his own explanation, and she made the connections. So that’s why he wore the pendant - she had assumed he had gotten it because of his name, but Swordfish had named him because of it. It was a very sweet sentiment, and they were indeed much closer than she had first thought with that information. Though the part about the badgers was…rather confusing. Had they defeated real badgers? Were badgers really such a problem on land? She noted it for later, perhaps to ask him the next day. It was next that he finally said his land name, and she smiled wider, connecting the name to his face to remember for the future. “Jericho. That’s a very fitting name for you, I think,” she mused. “It’s very nice to properly meet you, Swallow.” Turning to the barrels, she grabbed two mugs out of a wooden basket nearby before filling both with water, handing one to Swallow. "Cheers, to a new friendship." She clinked the edge of her mug against his with a giggle, before taking a drink out of hers.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 11:51 pm

Quote :
Brows lifting as he was handed a drink, Jericho held onto the mug he was given and smiled wide as she delivered a toast. She clinked the edge of her mug against his and he shrugged with a happy huff, doing the same to hers. "Cheers! To a new friendship," he repeated, stifling his giggles at the odd custom but liking it regardless. There was hope that came with it, the promise of good things to come. Jericho couldn't help but wonder what would await he and Meadow tomorrow on the ship and what detours the sea will take them on in their voyage. The exhaustion in his body finally began bidding him to bed however and he decided to wrap up this wonderful day with that. His eyes were heavy but he forced them up just a bit longer, and after some last minute discussions and idle prattling, the two meandered back toward the guest quarters and where Meadow's family were finally settled. Jericho bid Meadow a good night with his lethargic mind still bumbling over his excitement. "I will see you tomorrow on the ship," he said. "I'll look out for some things tomorrow to help you learn and let me know if you see any -wood, metal strings, any of that would do." Jericho looked at her, eyes twinkling. "Goodnight, Meadow," he giggled through tired yawning.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Quote :
Meadowlark had enjoyed spending time with Jericho, even if it was short lived. It was always refreshing to have someone new to interact with, as things could get rather boring and monotonous sticking with the same crew members day in and day out. She had led him back to the sleeping quarters, where he stopped in the front and spoke his last words before bidding her goodnight. “Sounds like a plan, Swallow,” she murmured quietly with a smile. “I’ll keep my eyes out. Goodnight, sleep well tonight.” She patted his shoulder affectionately before yawning herself, entering the main bulk of the room and was thankful it was, for the most part, silent. She meandered to her bunk, climbing up to her upper loft and settling herself in, closing her eyes and letting the ship rock her to an easy slumber.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 6:45 pm

Quote :
Content with the ending of their discussion, Jericho pulled his arms out, stretching wide before slinking off toward the guest quarters. He glided his way there, head and eyelids plenty heavy and aching for rest. Stationed in the center of the ship below deck were two bunk beds left mostly unoccupied aside from mustache man. Jericho was surprised to find him tucked in so early, but thought little of it and wandered his thoughts around other things instead, like Meadow or finally getting snuggled into bed. "I'll bunk up top with you to keep you company," Jericho said to the mustache man as he began to ascend the metal ladder on his bunk bed before clambering onto the blankets. "I hoped you had a fun day today," he chirped, nestling down into bed, heart all a flutter, and knowing the mustache man was awake despite not seeming like it. "Did you see me up at the top of the ship? It's been a long time since I've been that high up, you all looked like flecks of pepper," Jericho giggled, covering a yawn as he rolled onto his pillow and flopped his arms behind his head, comfortable with the rocking and jerking of the ship. With no response, Jericho stared up at the ceiling before closing his eyes. One more second would have knocked him into sleep but today's excitement caused him to lurch back up and peer over the side of the metal railing, then hanging his head down over to peer down at the mustache man. A tired grin spread over his face. "I met a girl today," he giggled. "Her name is Meadow, like a Meadowlark bird. She seems very nice and will teach me how to whittle! Isn't that cool?"
"Quite." A tired laugh escaped Xavier. "I never expected you to be so chatty."

"Oh no, usually I'm asleep by now but so much has happened...my mind is just exploded into a millions of tiny little pieces and I'm trying to put it all back together. New friends, new places, and we are right now sitting in the middle of the ocean! Just land, but water! I never thought I would see it and here I am ON it!"

"You must be tickled." The man gave a lengthy sigh. "I'll just shut my eyes and envision that I'm wrapped in silk blankets, with quaint little tassels and a little bell for my servants to hear. None of this is real. Just go back to bed, Xavier and it'll go away quickly..."

"Tickled? Does it mean enjoying things?"

"Tickled as in, it appeals to you." He huffed.

"Then yes. I am very tickled." Jericho grinned. He then tilted his head to the side, looking down on the man as he curiously thumbed over an idea. "Juniper says you and her don't get along well," Jericho said, still hung down like a bat from the top bunk as leered down from above. He furrowed his brows. "But I know she's a good person, and you don't seem terrible aside from being a little grumpy."

"Grumpy. Bah. I am merely reflecting my inner feelings and believe me, they have lots to say. She has her ways and I have mine, Kitten. As the saying goes, you don't mix fruit tartare and wine," he explained with a chuckle, fixing himself under his covers to try and get comfortable enough to sleep. Xavier muttered in a coddling voice, "Now. Jot your questions down one something and fall fast asleep, then maybe the question fairy will answer them for you in the morning-"

Jericho rolled his eyes with a huff, pulling himself back in to bed, and he interrupted, "I'm not that young." He slumped on his covers with his arms folded. "I don't need to be babied," he huffed, shaking his head and turning back over on his pillow. He played with the fabric on his finger, bunching his brows, feeling bothered by something. "Last question, I promise, but you know, Juniper told me something similar...about how some people don't mix. She called it being compatible and how it was normal for people to come together, then fall away if they don't work out..." He asked slowly, "Is that what happens when people aren't compatible? Do you both not talk to one another? Not ever see each other? Like you and Juniper?" His eyes remained on the pillow and blankets, just idly biding his time before he heard the blankets rustle as Xavier turned over on his back. There was silence for a moment as the question sat in the air and time passed.

"Sometimes it's like that," Xavier said. "Sometimes it's better that way."

Jericho didn't like the way that answer sat in him, having him realize how this was a common thing that people here knew about. Some relationships separated where the people never talked or saw one another ever again, on purpose. He laid his head down on the pillow, brows bunching, as he thought over the idea. "Those people must be so lonely." He whispered. After a while he mulled over the question some more, silently, closing his eyes to enjoy the feeling of comfort in bed. Then Jericho bundled up, and he murmured quietly down to Xavier, "Is it better for you and Juniper?" He heard Xavier snicker and turn back over in his blankets.

"No, no, no. I don't hate her that much. Too much effort to go out of one's way," he teased softly. "Right now, I hate the sea and this....boat, much more than I hate Miss. Ravenmoore."

"You are very strange," Jericho responded with a giggle. "But that makes me feel better." He snuggled back in his blankets, keeping his eyes shut as he felt his fatigue creep in. He yawned and then murmured, "goodnight, Xavier." Silence fell in ticking the time away as Jericho slumped down into sleep but nodded back just to hear, "sleep well, Jericho," before smiling and allowing the night to settle in, feeling the ship rock and quake like a cradle before bed.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 7:40 pm

{{Skip - One Week Later}}

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
Juniper’s heart pounded in her ears as she stood in front of the wheel, watching their ship slowly enter into the sea zone of Worthguard. She didn’t know what she would be facing in the pirate docks, what it could turn into, if there was any end to this running and chasing she had been doing for so many months. Would this all be worth it, or just another dead end? The thoughts raced through her head one after the other. After a while of watching the seas, she felt a presence come up beside her, taking his place to her right as he too watched the water.“You seen Swallow recently? Boy can’t stay away from Lark.” Taurus chuckled softly, crossing his arms. He was obviously trying to ease her nerves, something she was grateful for.

“I have noticed it, yes. Surprising of him to do so. But I’m glad he found a friend to hang out with. I’m not always available to spend time with him excluding the evenings, but…that may change after today.” Her gunmetal blue eyes went up to the man, who was smiling down at her, that knowing look in his eyes making it easier to breathe. “Have you already informed the parents about the children protocols?”

“I have. The children are safe under deck and away in the locker with a guardian.”

“Good. I don’t know what the outcome of this will be.” Her gaze went back to the docks, where she placed her hands back on the wheel and began to make the proper adjustments to find a space. Taurus and other crew members were keeping an eye out for the notorious flag they were searching for while she did so. “You are in charge of the crew as soon as we stop. Stay alert on the cannons, as I suspect we may either be boarding an enemy boat or chasing them into deeper waters if what we are searching for is here. Keep everyone motivated and busy and as alert as possible. The riggers need to be sure that everything is fastened and in place, and ready to shift the sails as needed or defend the deck. The weapons need to be accounted for and-”

“Juniper, we have been preparing this entire trip.” He set a hand on her shoulders, brows furrowed slightly causing a shadow to form over his eyes. “We are ready for whatever comes to us, or whatever we chase after. You focus on your goal, and we will follow suit. It isn’t our first run in with criminals.” He offered a small smile, to which Juniper sighed and patted his hand before he let it curl back into his crossed arm position.

“Things won’t go great if they get out of hand. Scarlett and I both know what’s down there but I can’t let this go to waste.”

“I know that too. We’ve got your back, Juniper. Like I said - focus on your goal. We’ve got the rest. Do what you need to do.”

The noblewoman took in a deep breath, gazing at the center of her wheel, where the soft glowing center beckoned towards the object on her hand - her kingfisher signet ring. She placed the center of it into the notch in the wheel, and the wheel center glowed for a moment before fading into a dull gem.

As it sent a silent pulse through the ship, the entire appearance shifted, from pristine white wood and golden masts to dark sea-stained decks and steel clad fastenings. Hidden carvings in the masts were now revealed, the sails a more natural worn color than the pristine white they were prior. The bow now revealed a figurehead of a leaping swordfish, aimed to pierce the horizon. At the top of the foremast, a different flag now flew - one of black with a white ship’s wheel and red slashes across it, threatening all who dared to challenge the crew.

Something in Juniper eased to see the ship as it once was, turning around slowly and smiling slightly at the natural appearance of her ship. “Just like it should be,” she mused to herself, stepping forward and grabbing her hat off its post before turning back and brushing her hands along the sturdy wooden wheel that now fit in with the rest of the boat, rather than a golden symbol. “Fetch Scarlett for me, would you? It’s almost time we enter the port.” “Can do.” Taurus seemed pleased to see the ship back as well, and left the platform to go find the master gunner on the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 12:38 am

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
Making due with the cavalry saber tucked by his belt, Xavier tapped his finger at its hilt, hearing the clinging of his rings against the blade's knuckle bow. He had one foot crossed over the other as he leaned against the vessel and waited for something to happen. After a weeks travel, he was glad they made it to their destination. He admitted, he had started to enjoy some of the crew and there were moments he fancied but dry land was always better. His dark eyes kept along the blue sky, until the ground below his feet began to shift, but the boat wasn't rocking, it was changing. He looked down, scowling in disbelief as the look of the ship was taken over by some strange magic. The neat white sails became torn and tattered, the deck became dark and grisly, and the flag...my god, it was a pirate flag, lashing in the wind with a black and white wheel and scarlet slashes. Xavier rose his brows, twisting the edge of his mustache. "My. Word." He continued to twist it until the hairs knotted. So this was real? He was in a pirate ship and preparing to battle pirates? HOW! How did this happen? He didn't realize this mission would be this risky, he figured it was a quick hijack from some island or remote port but pirates at Worthguard no less? His mind rattled and rolled, sweat formed at his golden brow, beading down like raindrops on a glass pane. He didn't know what to do, being in the face of pirates, not like Scarlett, but others. Maybe he could run away? Jump ship like he had done in the past, run until it was all behind him. Xavier pulled air into his lungs, his shoulders rocking back to try and process his uneasy mind, fingers fashioned at the sword in case it was needed. Then he realized how nervous he must have looked on deck. He twisted the end of his mustache, breathing out as the anxiety left his eyes. He cleared his throat and began brushing his finger over his mustache to flatten it out again, regaining himself. "What should I do?" Xavier murmured to himself, eyes flashing toward their captain who manned the ship. Juniper was busy looking elsewhere. He thought about it some more, about jumping ship. "Just keep it together Xavier. Breathe. Do it for the carriage and the fancy little grapes. It'll work itself out and you will be left to sail back and never see any of it again," he told himself, working on relaxing again, rubbing his temples now. "Think of clothes with silly frills, daubed in glitter and bedazzling colors." He found it worked and he breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling relaxed, though a little uneasy inside. He rubbed his temples some more and then lowered his hands, setting one at his belt with a huff. "Fate might be cackling on her pearly white throne but two can play this game," he reminded saucily, glancing at the ship with a more determined gaze. He told himself he would see this through.

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 D81e3dddebfca324d29e724a873c4f2c
Quote :
Manning the canons of the ship, Scarlett flashed a smile, making sure every able body helping her knew what they were doing. When things ever got heated, it was as though her words sparked like the canons they fired. She commanded respect, but also set her heart and soul in the people she worked with. "Epá, that's the way," she said to one of the crew getting ready, tapping her on the back as she walked down the canon line. Finding herself at the end and ready, her fingers rolled along her large red feather, she turned on her heel and began up the stairs to check on any final suggestions from the captain. "You all know what to do if the guns start, but I won't be but a moment," she said with command, her boots knocking on the steps as she came up toward the deck. The Tainted Compass began to shift, taking shape of a form she had truly longed to see. "Ahhhh, meu amor, how I've missed you!" She swooned, holding her hat out in her extended arm as she gazed up at the tattered banner to greet it, the flapping sails feeling like songs of angels to her ears. "Que linda. You are just how I left you, darling." Tilting her head, eyes glistening at the sight of her beautiful ship, Scarlett smiled and laughed at Xavier, who had just propped his hands by his hips. She did the same and popped her waist out mock him playfully then she gestured at the mast with her large feathered hat. "Keep your eye off my woman, Xavier, this ship is more than you can handle," she told him, clicking her tongue off her red lips before sashaying toward her captain where she was stationed. The woman made her way up toward the wheel, where Taurus stood, and passed him a smirk before looking at Swordfish. "So good to see it back in business...oh how I missed this, Swordfish. I really have. Now, any more news before I keep my crew company? They can handle themselves but it is your call, Captain."

Quote :
Salty seawater splashed in Jericho's face as he peered over the edge of the ship, unable to see his reflection in the disarray down below. Waves lapped against the vessel, reminding him of some of the nasty currents they went through just days prior. He was used to strong currents in trees, but even that dwarfed compared to what the water could do. Jericho churned around those memories before clambering up the rigging, having gained a great deal of experience in a week's time. He confidently swung himself up the ropes, catching the flapping sails around him as they braced against the wind. He came to the Raven's Nest, perched like the Sparrow he was, ready to pounce on any pirates that came aboard. Jericho tied himself to the mast in case the ship hit a nasty wave, something he had learned from Skylegs on his first day. "I think I hear seabirds," he said aloud to himself, gazing off across the horizon as he picked up distant sounds, happy to hear those familiar cries again. For as much as he enjoyed being out here at sea and having fun with Meadow and the crew, he did sort of miss the shore. Jericho giggled, eyes flicking up as he noticed a transformation suddenly take hold of the ship. He squinted his eyes furtively. Something was happening to it...he could feel it surging through its mast, a magical current of some sort. Jericho stood up with a dash of intrigue and also skepticism. He was ready to put himself on guard until he noticed a flicker of yellow and his eyes grew. Gold light pierced around the ship as it began to morph into a gnarled and intimidating vessel, donning a red streaked flag, and a statue of a leaping swordfish. Jericho stood atop of the Raven't nest, mouth agape in a loud "woah!" as he watched the essence unfold on the vessel. His eyes twinkled like giant green gemstones, transfixed in the  "This is amazziiingg!!" He shouted out, laughing in glee up in the Raven's Nest, completely smitten with the inter workings of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 12:20 pm

Quote :
Wracking her brain for any way to soothe her anxiety, Juniper drummed her fingers on the ship wheel as she changed course to slowly approach the port ahead, tucked into concrete away from the central Worthguard ports if she remembered correctly. Focussing on the task at hand, it took a second before Scarlet’s words had pierced her focus and she could hear her. The captain whipped her head around in surprise, but smiled thankfully as her friend took her place at her side and Taurus eased his way back to stand at her opposing shoulder. “I’ve missed it too,” she said quietly. “I was...actually wondering if you could assist me when we get to the docks. I don’t want to go alone, and you know this place better than Taurus does. I’ll be more comfortable finding that ship with you at my side, and as backup in case things go wrong.” She gazed back to the sea, only the wind at her face calming her expression. “Taurus will take charge of the ship when we step off. I don’t imagine our cannons will be necessary until we are out at sea, or not at all.” Her face went solemn, gripping the wood beneath her fingers a bit tightly as she tried to take breaths in and calm down. But it was very difficult to, especially as she kept glancing at her right hand and the tattoo on her finger. Nothing had changed on it, which didn’t help. “I am telling you both this to take to the crew whenever possible - nobody dies. Do not kill a single pirate we come across, especially with the crew. You two both know the appearance of who we are looking for, but others do not. I cannot, -cannot- handle a mistaken death. Injuries are fine, as long as they are not critical. Until we find who we are looking for, under no circumstances may the crew end anyone’s life unless one of us is there to clear them, understood?” Her hard gaze glanced to both of them, the sharpness clear. “I don’t want anyone on my ship dying either. Make sure everyone is very aware of this fact, and if you see anything disobeying my order, they will be imprisoned in the cells below until further notice. Am I understood?” “Of course,” Taurus responded immediately at her right. “I will inform the riggers and others while you dock. Scarlet can let her team know as well.” He glanced to the woman in question before he descended the stairs, barking at the crew to inform them of the command and the consequences if denied. It eased Juniper slightly more, but every inch closer to the port was only increasing her worry tenfold, at what was awaiting them and if their journey was all for naught.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:06 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 D81e3dddebfca324d29e724a873c4f2c
Quote :
Curiously popping up a brow at her Captain's orders, Scarlett placed her hand at the curve of her waist. "It's not easy to traverse in pirate waters without a pirate," she jested. "Consider it done. I can do enough to get us by, and don't worry I promise on my whole heart that not a soul will die here. I can't always say that happens, Captain...we all know the risks, but I'll do what I can." Turning her eye toward the waters, then she smiled and set a hand on Swordfish's shoulder once Taurus took his leave. "We know what to do, just breathe. We've had worse!" Scarlett chuckled, rubbing her Captain's tense shoulder to get her to relax before stepping down to give out orders to her crew. She took one step down the steps but stuck around a bit longer to say, "remember what we came here for." Pulling away, she stepped down from the wheel and descended back down into the depths of the ship. "Captain doesn't want anyone hurt so keep yourselves at the ready, but don't be itching to shoot any canons today! Oriole, that includes you." She ordered at her crew. "I don't want to say any trigger fingers on this vessel! And keep a low profile. Remember, we're a pirate crew now and we better start acting like it. Drop the curtesy, no speaking unless spoken to and even then, keep chit chat to a minimum!" Rolling back her shoulders, she threw her head back with a long sigh and a sharp grin, "we be the best crew on these high seas, but boasting until this is all over."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Quote :
Juniper was glad to hear Scarlet would be accompanying her to the ship, and bowed her head in respect. It meant more than the two knew that they respected her enough to follow her orders, and help her as she helped them. At Scarlet’s leaving comment, she chuckled softly, glancing at her tattoo again. “I don’t think I could forget,” she murmured back to her, before focusing back on the task at hand. She had been to this port once, many years ago, and could feel the ickor of it crawling down her neck as she approached it. The memories she had pushed far down were trying to break free, to prevent her from doing her duty. But she could not let the past keep her from this. Not anymore. Spinning the wheel, the ship lurched gently to the side to straighten, the concrete opening getting ever closer. Soon enough there would only be the light of the ships and lanterns of the docks, and things would become far more dangerous than out at sea. Here, there was no telling who was lurking around the corners, or what they would do to get what they wanted.

Quote :
“Keep an eye out, Swallow,” Keagan called from the ratlines, slowly ascending her way up to the mast where the boy was amid the swaying and lurching of the ship approaching port. “You’re sitting at an important spot. You’re looking for that particular flag, and if you see it, you let one of us riggers know to pass on to the Captain or one of our upper hands.” She swung herself over the railing and gazed around them to get a perspective of where he would be searching above. “I’m also here to tell you Captain’s orders. When and if any pirates board the ship, or we are assigned to board another, do not kill anyone. Not without express permission from Swordfish, Trogon, or Scarlet. They know the appearance of the person we are looking for, and obviously we don’t want to kill them. You heard last night from Swordfish about it, so I won’t bug you too much about the mission at hand, but I just wanted to warn you. If you do fatally injure or kill someone...you’ll be on trial.” She paused, before knuckling his shoulder slightly. “I doubt you would, but Trogon was very specific in saying everyone needed to know. You think you’re okay with all that, or would you be more comfortable in the locker down below?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 pm

Quote :
Hanging from the Raven's Nest, mouth still gaped open in awe, the corners of Jericho's lips curled into a smile. He flicked his eye down to Kea, who climbed up the ratlines to get up to his spot and then remind him of his task. "Oh of course," he assured her, stilling hanging out over the railing. "Don't worry, Swallow's on the job! I have my eyes peeled for any signs of that flag, even if there doesn't seem to be much right now." Squinting his eyes over the horizon, right where the sky met the sea. He placed his hand by his brow to shield the sun his cowl couldn't. "No, I'm okay up here. I didn't think we were killing anyone," Jericho said extra seriously. "I usually knock heads until they pass out...never kill. Killing isn't something I like to do." He checked the rope tied around his waist, hanging his head out further as he shook his head slightly and passed her a question. "Am I staying up here once we reach land, or am I coming with Juniper? Also, where will you be? I like having someone with me if things get difficult, but I'm not too sure what the plan is."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 pm

Quote :
Kea chuckled softly at the boy’s enthusiasm, a slow smile turning on her lips as she watched him lean over the edge and keep his eyes squinting towards the horizon, a hand over his eyes under his hood. “You’ll see them soon enough. It’s dark where we are docking, so be on the lookout all the way. It may be harder to see when we are inside.” Leaning against the rail, she listened to his shift in tone, the seriousness in his words and making it clear he would follow the directive to the letter. It was a relief, though she didn’t know why she was nervous about it in the first place. The boy didn’t seem the killer type. But he could always be hiding something under the surface that could come out at the worst time. Gripping one of the ropes, she held on as another shift was made to the shift, pulling her body weight against it. Questions became volleyed over to her next, and her eyes peered back at him, placing her feet steadily to avoid rocking off the edge. “When we dock, you’ll be staying here on the ship and following the command of Trogon and possibly Scarlet, until Swordfish takes over again. I’ll be handling the sails until we are needed on the deck to fight whoever we need to, or fixing ropes around the ship, or even helping out the gunners if they are struggling but they’re a pretty solid team. Any of us are willing to help you if you need, and like I said prior, if you feel you need to go be safe in the locker, don’t be ashamed by it. It will keep you protected.” Watching the ship approach closer and closer, her expression became more focused on her tasks at hand. “Trogon will be at the helm, Scarlet is down in the cannon room usually, and Meadowlark is down there as well if you ever need to check in on her.” She nudged him with a tiny grin. “But I bet she will kick you out faster than those cannons fly. Swordfish has her own duty to fulfill for herself, so she may be the only one unable to assist. You’ll find anyone you need though, for whatever comes. I promise, you’re taken care of here. You’re part of the crew, Swallow.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next