Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 QVJd6rO
Quote :
Taurus chuckled softly, trying to keep his balance against the pain and advance of the pirates. Having Scarlet at his back though, sharp as a tack, eased the pressure of their current predicament. She was always confident enough to avoid the worries and continue her mission regardless of the obstacles. “I wonder what’s keeping her - she never takes long when it comes to taking charge.” Blocking a few more particularly powerful swings, he grunted as he was pushed further back into the woman, almost knocking them both down in the process. But her comment caused him to laugh more audibly, and gave him a boost to knock one more pirate out of the way. “I am very much enjoying myself, yes. Enough fun that we may have to reprise it later this evening.” Nudging his elbow back against her arm, he took in a few deep breaths, observing their surroundings before whipping around from her back and fighting against those against her, feeling the blood drip faster onto the wood. “I may have to clean up first, however” he said with a grimace.

Keagan struggled underneath the pirate for a while, but she was suddenly released from the pressure as the man was now focused on another target - back onto Jericho. What was the boy thinking?! Brows furrowing, she scrambled back to her feet, repositioning her sword. “If I’m going to kill anyone, it’s because he wants to kill you first!” She huffed and threw another attack at the man, catching him off guard to send his own blade flying across the deck. “You knocked your arm out! If you don’t keep it from falling out again it will fall off entirely, Swallow!” Groaning, she stepped up to him, looking him over while she had the chance. “Please don’t get yourself hurt. Please. I don’t want to have to explain you tried to die to Swordfish.”

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
Juniper didn’t believe the man for one moment, his reeking breath sliding across her face like ilk. She hated every moment being here in his presence, in this closed in space, trapped and unable to escape. How many people had he killed this exact way, luring them to their last breaths? “You will waste your time going to your next stop just to meet with this buyer. Not to mention, I am offering papers for a noble port to use. Can this buyer of yours really offer something worth more than that?” She had to spurt out her words in between, but when she was knocked to the ground, she felt the wind leave her lungs. She was stunned silent, and began to panic, trying to fight to catch her breath and avoid being flat out killed. But as the noble fought to help herself, the man seemed to notice the brace on her leg, and immediately slammed his foot upon it, temporarily sending her knee straight back into her leg before it popped painfully back into place. Her sight went white and she couldn’t even hear herself scream, losing herself instantly in an inescapable void. What lengths would this man go to just to keep a bounty?! Her body went limp on the boards, collapsing next to Brooke as her body tried to reset from the pain.

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 9a4d06edafe6becd079801fc273d7e15
Quote :
Well that was just splendid. After an ear-splitting screech that rivaled her own, Brooke felt her blood go cold, watching Juniper’s leg snap and go back into its place in a blink of an eye. After all the torture she herself had been put through by the captain and his crew, this was the piece she could not stand for. Gritting her teeth together, she wrestled with her hands before ripping them from the rope, feeling the burning on her wrists. It would burn even worse the day after, but she had no time. She had to get help, and get out of here. She used her feet to kick back quickly, grabbing Juniper’s fallen rapier before rushing herself to the shadows. There were not many indications on where to go, but she had to follow any light. Her boots pounded on the wood as she finally found the stairs, feeling as though she’d cry to see them as she ran up, seeing the chaos on the deck before her. Most were the crew that had kept her imprisoned, but at the other end she saw her crewmates, fighting hard against them. Reigning in her emotions, she scanned the planks before rushing to Scarlet and Taurus, breathing quickly. [color=#B184B0]“Hey, hey,” she rushed out, “Juniper’s stuck, the captain knocked her out and I think he’s going to kill her and-” She sucked in a breath, her entire body shaking after the lack of everything she had gotten while stored on the ship. “We need to get her, I can’t do it myself. He’s too strong.” She saw one of the pirates call attention to her, and she cursed under her breath. “They’re going to keep coming after me. We get her off, we can go home.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 11:58 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 D81e3dddebfca324d29e724a873c4f2c
Quote :
Being knocked forward slightly, Scarlett's boots dragged across the deck, scraping at the wooden boards below. She could feel Taurus's body heat swelling against her back like a sauna. He was sweating up a storm, and so was she. Eye to eye with the pirates, she flashed a grin at his comment, breathing heavy, swinging her cutlass but not enough to block the pirates. She heard her sleeve tear, there was only a small scratch below, the first of many this battle she wagered. But before the pirate made a second attempt, Taurus whipped around and knocked some of their attacks back, making the woman wink at him and exhale. "You know I like a little dirty wrestling," she cackled, tapping his shoulder as thanks. She lurched out with her weapon, blocking a pirate that had attempted to swing at Taurus from behind. Fire danced in Scarlett's eyes as she parried with him, knocking the pirate back with a confident step in his direction. "Who's got more, you or me?" She asked, but then she heard a familiar voice break through the fighting. Whisper. Scarlett perked up. "Wait, what! She's down there alone?" Eyebrows shooting up in worry, she didn't have time to drop her position with these pirates. "If we leave, these guys will follow us down there and corner us like fish in a barrel!"
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 Deddcf97c3b5097fedb56bd2d4606b22
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 B8a96ae241cddbca6a2c9eed56b75f83
Quote :
Pulling his head back, cheeks turning red in anger, Jericho stared Kea when she looked him over and lectured him about being safe. "You act like I've never done this before," he jabbed back, arching a brow as he grabbed hold of his bow. "I have, with Swordfish, and if I get hurt, that's on me. She respects that, so will you. Let me help." He shot his eyes at the pirate they had been fighting, and he swung his fist, landing it right in the pirate's nose, causing the pirate to stumble back.  "No killing. Knock him out, he's yours." He directed, pulling out an arrow and pointing it at the pirate while he remained stunned for a moment or two, just enough time for Kea to come in.
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
“We need to get her, I can’t do it myself. He’s too strong...They’re going to keep coming after me. We get her off, we can go home.” "Now that is the first good idea I've heard all day." Xavier brushed himself off, having clambered on the deck of the pirate vessel. Pirates on the docks had already been hollering about a sword-fight between two ships, and it didn't take much to put two and two together. Xavier twisted the end of his mustache with a smirk, watching a pirate swing at him. He scoffed, throwing out his long sword with one hand out, and like a bull-fighter, he swung his blade and side-stepped as the pirate lunged, causing the pirate to vault overboard. "If there is a plan to escape this god-forsaken place," he offered, "consider me interested."
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 am

Quote :
Keagan couldn't believe the response she got from the boy, and rather than listening to reason he insisted he keep fighting. Her blood boiled as she clenched her sword hilt, watching him slam his fist into the pirate and draw an arrow quickly. She lunged forward and swiped his blade out from his hand before kicking him to the ground, inducing the pain more before she whipped back around to Jericho, met with an arrow to her forehead. "You forget that I don't know you as well as Swordfish does. How the hell would I know you've fought pirates before?! I'm just trying to keep my friends from dying. I'm not about to cause more death." Huffing, she went to the pirate and slammed her hilt into his temple, before launching herself at another who was slowly moving her crewmate towards the edge of the boat. If Swallow wanted to hold himself up in battle, fine. She wouldn't get in his way.

Quote :
Struggling against the pirates who advanced, Brooke shared the same worries that Scarlet did, knowing the crew would keep advancing until the Compass retreated. But they couldn't do anything without Juniper, and couldn't leave her behind. Not when she spent so long away. Evading an attack from one, she was suddenly met by a well dressed sailor, who easily parried off a pirate and told his acceptance into the mission. She didn't have time to be skeptical - if he was going to help her crew get back to their ship, she would take the help. "Juniper's below deck with the captain and there's too many pirates here. I'm not strong enough to fend them off. We just need to get her away from the captain and back on the ship and we can retreat." Rushing her words, she evaded another attack and swung the rapier through the air, catching the man's back and watching it slice through his skin, sending him face down on the ground. Her hands still shook, and she was unsteady on her feet, knowing blood was beginning to seep from her wrists. She felt useless, unable to properly hold a sword with the lack of muscle she had on her. Jail cells and miniscule food did little to help her, and she knew it was all adrenaline keeping her alive. But if she passed out, she wouldn't be much better off than Juniper. Watching another man run up to the woman, she swung out in a stab, managing to get him in the side and have him roll away from the battle in a matter of seconds. But even that took a toll, and she sucked in deep breaths, the world spinning. "Whatever your face is, if you can get Juniper back to the boat, you're free from this gods forsaken place," she told the noble, quoting his own words before she went around the edge of the ship, making her way back to somehow board the Compass without shattering into pieces on the way back.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Quote :
Cheeks flushing again, this time in embarrassment, Jericho held his breath, listening to Keagan's defensive snaps. He didn't mean to offend her that much, but trying to coddle him like a baby bothered him and he just wanted to express that. He lowered his arrow, seeing the pirate slump down unconsciously while Kea rushed off to handle another pirate on the other ship. He looked at the unconscious pirate for a moment longer, feeling uneasy, feeling death turn the air stale...it dug under his skin, and he breathed in, closing his eyes to compose himself, green beginning to flicker in the air like embers. His red cheeks faded to its normal color. He relaxed, the green sparks dissipated, and he shot his gaze at the other pirates, which began surrounding the crew. He was on his own now and pointed his first arrow at one of the pirates. No killing. No death. No more. He shot his arrow, firing them in legs and knees with a bang and just as quickly armed himself with another arrow. The crew was picked off, one by one, stumbling and falling in a stupor. He was in a race against Juniper's crew and their blades. He wanted to catch these pirates and stop them before they did.
Quote :
Given the summary of where Miss. Ravenmoore was, Xavier understood the basic idea. There were lots of pirates and little time. He breathed out through his lips, combing his finger through his hair as he readied to dive into this and save miss. damsel-in-distress, much to her chagrin. She wouldn't be happy but he would like to see that scowl on her face again. "Alright, Xavier, you deserve a nice velvet robe after this one," he sighed to himself. He readied his weapon, stretched his shoulders and lunged to take a swing at a pirate in his way when an arrow cut through the crowd, piercing it first. Xavier perked up, looking out to see Jericho firing from the Tainted Compass. He offered the boy a wave, a smirk, and a proud word, happy to see a familiar face. "Kitten! Nicely done, cover for us back there," he said, beaming and turning back. He sprinted toward the door on the lower deck, weaving through the fracas, helping where he could, before he descended down in the depths of the vessel.
The door closed behind him and the noise from the ship, turned to silence. There were eerie creaks from the chains, wooden frames holding the ship together, and and the cargo that rolled as the waves pushed the pirate ship. When Xavier stepped down the stairs, covering ground to reach Juniper, his confident smirk faded. His brows dipped low, his eyes rolled over the dark corners of the deck. "Not the best place for a reunion..." he whispered jokingly below his breath, trying not to think about the tension in the air. His blade glinted as light peeked in from the colored glass windows.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 8:35 pm

Quote :
Groaning, Juniper felt searing pain through her leg as she lay prone on the floor, head spinning. Where was she, what happened? She tried to move, but the muscle in her leg spasmed and kept her in place. She wasn’t able to escape. She flickered open her eyes, but was met by the captain instead, still looming over her as the victor of their fight. She wouldn’t be able to flee with her torn knee, not after the impact he gave her. Her rapier was also gone...she was completely defenseless. Tears pricking at her eyes, she simply tried to avoid getting beaten again, looking for any chance to crawl away and somehow get herself away from the captain that likely wished her dead.

Quote :
Heaving in quick breaths, Brooke heaved herself over the edge of the pirate’s ship and crawled down to the decks of her own ship, the wafting smells of the wood and sails drifting down to brush against her face. Her home...her ship. She had been away for far too long. Her hand brushed against the railing, feeling the years of wear and tear that she had watched it go through. Sniffing, she avoided the fighting of the pirates, slinking along the edges and easier to hide with her smaller figure and less of her enemy on the Compass compared to the Corsairs. Eventually she made her way all the way to the front, and was about to make it to the stairs when a person was shoved into her. She jumped in fright, but soon after, the person whipped around after knocking the pirate over, revealing Keagan who had blood splattered across her cheek. “Keagan,” she spoke with shock, and the woman matched her expression, lowering her sword. “Whisper,” the woman replied, “you’re back.” She looked around, as though searching for someone, before her eyes returned. “Where’s Swordfish?” “Still on the ship.” Her throat closed, and she had to take in a deep breath to compose herself. “Some nobleman is getting her, she got injured trying to free me.” Keagan’s brows furrowed, and Brooke gripped her forearm to keep the woman from rushing off. “Don’t. Trogon and Scarlet are there for backup, along with other crew. Don’t leave if you don’t have to - the Compass needs to be protected too.” The woman contemplated it before finally backing down and nodding. “Thank you.” Brooke gave her arm a squeeze before she advanced up the stairs, rushing past the crew member handling the wheel before going into the captain’s quarters and shutting and locking the door behind her.

Everything was almost as she left it. Juniper’s desk still held her little trinkets, her writing utensils in their pristine cup, and even the little metal kingfisher that she had bought her for an anniversary so long ago. She approached the desk, brushing her hand over it and taking in the presence of Juniper, the simple memories of her sitting here working on their voyages to keep her estate running while they were away. But she never stayed there long, always venturing to her seats at the left side of the room or being out with the crew. Juniper never sat still for long. She smiled to herself, but felt the tightening in her chest, a familiar feeling that she knew had matched her lover’s since the day she was taken from her. Why did things have to turn out this way? Why was the captain so insistent on getting his way, on refusing Juniper of a proper trade? Now she was stuck below deck with a man who wanted to sell her off to the highest bidder, who was already locked in stone. Tears began to gather in her eyes as she slid to the floor, leaning back against the desk as she began to sob. Everything began to rush over her, the fact she was free from the captain and his crew, finally free from the prison and kept from her family for months on end, about to be sent off to someone else and the whole process repeated, going further and further away from her love. She was back on the Compass, back among her crew. Nobody would ever take her away again. Her whole body trembled as she wept, and before she could curl up and let her emotions truly take hold, she heard a trill of a meow from the bedroom door. Her blurred eyes lifted to see the figure of a silver shorthair cat, tail lifted in the air as he stretched out and walked over to her. “Oliver,” she whispered, and when the cat meowed and came all the way to her, immediately beginning to purr, she let out a sob and pulled the animal to her chest, holding him tightly as her tears wet his fur. The cat simply leaned into her presence, purring loudly as he snuggled himself into her body. At least she had him to hold, to keep her steady, before Juniper was finally returned to her safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 5f93015f9bc2c6da5d5d2451585dec77
Quote :
A swell of darkness hid the Captain's expression as he loomed over the woman, but the silence and stillness showed his anger nonetheless. Where The Whisper once was, ropes and bands now remained. She was gone. "That it!" He growled coarsely, glaring down at the woman petrified in agony below him. He bared his teeth, swinging his sword back, ready to take her life, when he heard a creak on the staircase behind. He growled louder, swinging anyway when his sword swung down, about to separate the woman's head from her shoulders, just feet away, when his blade clashed against a stranger's. His red eyes shot to the side, bulging in rage.
Quote :
Xavier grit his teeth, having lunged with enough time to catch the blade, feeling the Captain's strength bend his rapier. He saved Juniper's life, just barely, and quivered to hold himself there. "Sorry, this one is mine," Xavier snarled with the strength he had. His eyes bore into the Captain's as he held against him, only seeing the pirate's dark silhouette as his teeth clenched together.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 10:33 pm

Quote :
This was it. She freed Brooke from her captive, but she would be sacrificing herself to do it, falling to the cruel pirate captain that took her away six months ago. A fitting end, to sever the final bond between them after finally reconnecting for the last time. Juniper cowered and threw her arms up over her head as the blade swung, waiting for the pain and end, when the sharp clang of metal sounded above her, and the familiar voice of Xavier taking its place. Xavier?! Her eyes flung open to see the man standing over her, blocking the blow with a now damaged weapon, keeping her from her death blow. She was in shock momentarily, unable to even move to see the man she despised now being the one link she had to life. But there was no time to thank him, to waste any of the precious time he gave her. Getting her bearings, even if she knew her body was going through shock and her entire body shaking violently, she grabbed the bars of the bed frame and yanked herself up, feeling how limp her leg was and knowing it would be hell once the pain came back to her. How would she make it back to her crew on a dud leg? It already acted up occasionally, but that was nothing compared to having it completely unusable. The brace was now broken as well, the metal holding it stable now dented or completely broken off of the leather. She cursed under her breath, but using the bed frames for balance, she hobbled her way to the shadows, trying to find her way around the layer of the ship. If she could keep avoiding the captain, she could get to safety - hopefully. It took forever and a day, but when she reached the stairs, she let out a loud sigh of relief, literally dragging herself by the rail to get to the surface and back to her crew. Now Xavier was alone with the towering man…would this be a rotating sacrifice? One person goes down until they can finally get out of his grasp? As soon as she reached the top of the stairs, her leg throbbing beneath her, she cried for help and tried to stay clear of any incoming attacks, ducking close to the stairs and trying not to pass out again. The ship spun and spun, and she couldn’t place anyone, but she had to stay conscious long enough to get to the Compass, to get help for Xavier and get them all off this stupid ship once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 12:21 am

Quote :
The blade began to creek under the strain of the pressure, just as Juniper clambered to a shaky stand and made for the stairs, Xavier's heel slipped, causing him to stumble back. The pirate captain's sword chopped down, straight into the floorboard. Bits of wood flew up from the deck with the impact, wedging itself deep in the ship. Xavier breathed heavy, slumped, blinking in surprise at his bent sword before he caught Juniper's shape slipping up the stairs. Good, she'd be out of that mess...now to get him out of it. The pirate began hacking up the ground trying to get his sword up, shouting in rage. Xavier went to dash for safety when a bit of light streamed through the now open door, catching the light on the Captain's big burly beard and his beady, dark eyes. Another flash from his unsavory past. He saw it swirling in the man's shadow...breathing on him like death.

Quote :
In one scuffle, Xavier was cornered in a dark alleyway at Worthguard docks by and arm belonging to a Captain Faber Lenoir le Ruse many years ago when he was a younger man. A thick and unkempt beard hid Faber's sneer as his beady black eyes locked onto Xavier's. The broad, curled feather atop his captain's hat held less color than the insults the he slurred before turning to the matter at hand. "We are leaving tomorrow, at dawn." He pointed a large finger in Xavier's face, then at his ship behind him. "If I don't see you on that dock, I will take matters into my own hands this time."
Xavier leaned in, eyes digging back with a defiant tenacity. A sly sarcastic tone rolled off his words, "forgive me if I don't jump for joy on my return. You might have to catch me again to make me cooperate."
The Captain narrowed his eyes. The silence crept up between them, and the man tapped the side of Xavier's face with his hand with a gruff growl before Xavier pulled away. They both knew Xavier would return...despite his biting tongue. He would return to work, as he always did with the dread Noir Captain. There was no escaping that man...he didn't think so, not then.

Xavier's face turned white as a sail. "You...you died at sea. I watched you drown." Xavier snapped, eyes flashing in shock. The Captain's eyes ran red again as he recognized the voice and the face. "XAVIER." Xavier stumbled toward the door, turning tail to run as the Pirate Captain dislodged his sword from the ground, roaring, "YOU! YOU DID THIS. I'll kill the lot of you! I"LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND WATCH YOU SINK UNTIL THE EELS FEAST ON YOUR BONES! THIS ISN'T OVER! I WONT REST UNTIL YOUR CREW TASTE MY BLADE!" Launching up the stairs, Xavier slammed the door shut, smothering the rest of the shouts directed at them. "We need to go, NOW" he told the others, rushing to get on the Tainted Compass as they jumped ship.
Quote :
Catching Swordfish from the corner of her eye, Scarlett felt her heart throb in her chest, "amiga, what did they do," she nearly shouted, lurching to be at her Captain's side to offer support. She held her arm around Swordfish's chest, supporting her weight to get her off this blasted ship. Blood dripped down Scarlett's cheek, beads of sweat rolled from her forehead but all she could think about was her friend and her leg...oh, her leg. "Taurus, cover me!" She shouted, brushing Swordfish's hair out of her eyes, which were quickly fading. "We're getting you out of here, just lean on me," she said, gritting her teeth as she helped take her back toward the Tainted Compass.
Quote :
Firing at the pirates, having taken most of them out, Jericho's heart stopped as he saw Juni. Her head hung heavy, her leg was mangled and there was blood slipping from her body, and tears flooded his eyes. He breathed heavy, face growing hot, he clenched his teeth.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 12:46 am

Quote :
Hearing Juniper's call, Taurus' eyes flashed towards their origin, and before he could even make her out across the deck, Scarlet was racing towards her and soon had her picked up from the ground, supporting their fallen captain. He threw off the pirate he was fighting and rushed over, scanning Juniper and feeling his heart sink straight into his gut. His Juniper… He picked up his head and kept watch of advancing enemies, keeping them away from the two and leading them safely across the ship to where they could get her back to the Compass. As he did so, he watched Xavier emerge from the underbelly, commanding that they leave instantly. He couldn't disagree with the man. He echoed the call to his crew, sending hand signals along with his shouts and whistles to retreat back to the Compass. There was nothing left for them here, and they had to go as soon as the last foot hit the deck. Their very lives were at stake at this point.

Quote :
Juniper saw her eyes flicker, ears beginning to ring as Scarlet rushed over the deck to her side, slinging her arm around to hoist her off the ground and get her moving. It was impossible to make out anything, as she focused on staying conscious, just long enough to make sure she didn't become dead weight on her friend. Her body continued to shake from the shock of the blow, and tears rushed down her cheeks that merged with the blood splatters on her skin. She hated this. Hated to drag her crew into this danger, to put them at risk and then become a burden from her carelessness. A captain shouldn't put their own selves above their crew, but she had done so, sacrificing their well being for her personal mission regardless of what or who was involved. She shouldn't have gone down to confront the captain alone. The only thing that gave her any peace was Brooke - wait, had she escaped? The sudden thought of her fiancee still stuck on the boat rang through her head, and she began to panic, almost hyperventilating. "Brooke," she managed to get out, shaking worse with her fear, "where's Brooke, where's Brooke," she asked over and over, eyes wildly scanning around them as she tried to find the young woman, now terrified at the possibility they were still leaving her behind. If she hadn't been able to get out from under the deck...
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Quote :
Tears pricking at her eyes, Scarlett could feel her Captain quivering in her arms, the wheezing of her lungs as she choked on the air, from physical and emotional pain. She tried to calm Swordfish when she was filled with fear and had called for Brooke in a panic. "Shhh, it's okay, it's okay, we have Brooke. We have her," she said softly, taking her Captain between both vessels before helping her over, using whatever strength she had to help lift the woman across to their ship. "We're getting out of here, with her, amiga." She said, holding her breath until her Captain's feet met the Tainted Compass's floorboards. She could hear the metal from the brace strain and creak, and it worried her. "Look at me." she said, setting her hand on Swordfish's cheek, meeting her eyes to keep her calm. Scarlett swallowed down her tears and nodded to her. "Look at me...breathe," she consoled, her firm words holding empathy and care. "Focus." Dipping her head, she brushed her thumb over her Captain's cheek, then she shot a look at Taurus, who had regained control of the crew and shouted at him before too many pirates had boarded after them. "Get us out of here, Taurus! Turn us around!" She then pointed her sights at the crew and threw her arm out as a gesture for them to prepare. "Ready the canons! Pull the anchor! Get a second-wind while you can-!" Her words faded when she caught a shape from the corner of her eye. The Pirate Captain. He broke out onto the deck of his ship, the door hanging as it had been torn from its hinges, and they were in his sights. Scarlett's eyebrows rose. She pulled her arm around Swordfish, readying herself to duck for cover, when a burst of wind flew over their heads. She pulled herself and Swordfish down, heart racing, as an arrow shot at the Pirate Captain from their ship.
Quote :
Jericho's hand hung as he made his shot, gasping for air as he lost his nerve. He fired. His arrow penetrated the Pirate Captain's shoulder, unaware that he had also sent magic with it, and his breathing hitched when he realized it had. A bang sounded over the scuffle on the Pirate ship as they got ready to follow the Tainted Compass. Jericho's eyes turned round and he stumbled back. Green light stretched out over the Captain from his wound like tentacles, turning the cloth it touched to fraying, decaying pieces of fabric that dropped at the man's feet and turned to ash. The skin at his shoulder began to black, corrode. The Pirate threw his head back, a shout of pain escaping it. Jericho watched the decay consume the man's arm from his magic, magic he accidentally sent. He shook his head, breathing heavy as he glanced at his bow, dropping it with a flinch. He had never been able to do that magic before...
Quote :
Xavier watched the Pirate Captain yell in his pain, and he turned his eye, feeling the ship rock as they began to pull from the docks. He closed his eyes, breathing in deeply, trying not to feel the ping of guilt in his chest from hearing that cry. It was no less than the man deserved, and he was upset at himself that he wanted to feel guilty anyway...he left him to die before without that guilt, but somehow he did. He still felt the wrong feeling sink in his gut, but he wanted to forget it was there. Xavier looked at Jericho, wondering what he had sent with that arrow. It was magic...maybe the boy had some magic arrows he kept, and that answer sufficed Xavier enough. There was more important things to think about. He turned to Juniper, coming down by her and Scarlett on the ship. "We need to bandage her wounds," he said. "Where do you keep your other supplies?"
"Below deck, next to the guest quarters," Scarlett replied, tearing the end of her skirt to wrap the cloth around Juniper's wounds.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 3:07 pm

Quote :
To hear Scarlet say they had Brooke eased the panic in Juniper’s chest, knowing her fiancee was safe on board and away from the crew. Tears continued to blur her vision and drip onto the floorboards as her friend pulled her onto the Compass deck, moving her face to look at her and ease her concerns, telling her to breathe and focus. It was incredibly hard as she tried to take in breaths, body still violently trembling but she tried, really did try, to calm herself down. It wouldn’t help her wounds any to still be panicking. Keeping her sights on Scarlet and ignoring the rest of the world around her, she watched the woman shout commands to Taurus and the crew, preparing to send their last shots to the Corsairs and flee back to the open ocean. She could hardly tell the chaos apart, everything blurred and moving slow, more slowly than she would have imagined. But she stayed clung to Scarlet, if only to keep herself from falling completely to the floor. However that didn’t seem to make a difference, as they were soon down on the floor of the ship, feeling a sharp wind pass over her head and soon later a cry of agony from behind her. A familiar one, and one that gave her some sense of relief to know the captain was held off against pursuing them further, at least for a moment. Letting out a shuddering breath, suddenly feeling much colder than she was before, she braced a hand on the deck to prop herself up somewhat next to her friend, watching her wrap some cloth around her more major injuries. It was hard to even stay upright with her head spinning as it did, and the world around her fading, but she did her best like Scarlet said to focus and stay alert until they could take care of what they needed to do, her breathing shallow under her breath.

Quote :
Taurus had taken his place at the mantle of the ship, spinning the large worn wheel to begin turning out of the port and back to the exit where they could flee. He could hear the shouts of his crew below, readying the cannons and following Scarlet’s orders to send a final threat to the Andian Corsairs before they were long gone out of sight. His arm ached incredibly, and he had to keep from using it much on the wheel, but fought through it with grit teeth to lurch the large ship away from any pirates that may try to jump onto the deck. Tonight would be a bloody mess to clean up, judging by the stains and splatters on deck and amongst his crew, but they were victorious - for the most part. He flicked his gaze over to Scarlet and Juniper every few moments, just to keep an eye on them from above, and making sure they were both alive. Who knew what extent they were injured, or the rest of the crew for that matter. The medic was likely already rushing around like a madman keeping everyone afloat.

{{A Couple Hours Later}}

Quote :
Juniper wasn’t sure how much time had passed by the time she awoke again, blinking her eyes open and observing her surroundings to find herself in the bedroom of her quarters, in clean clothes with a temporary brace on her leg, likely put there by the medic to stabilize it before they could get to land and have more tools on hand. Something told her that she wouldn’t be able to fully walk on it for a while. About to try and sit up, she realized she had a weight on her, and looked to her left to see Brooke clung to her, arms wrapped tightly around her middle with tear stains on her cheeks. How long had she been here? Slumping back onto the pillows, she lifted a hand and began to stroke through Brooke’s tangled brunette hair, gazing up at the ceiling and piecing together what she could from earlier. Everything ached, and everything hurt, but she knew someone gave her something to ease it or it would have been far worse than it was right now. Wanting to fall right back asleep, she settled in to take another nap when a knock came at her quarters, once, then another time, this time louder. She was going to call and say they could come in, but Brooke shifted and slowly sat up with a yawn, seemingly not realizing Juniper was awake as she trod over through the other room and to the door, where it opened to reveal Taurus standing there. “Taurus,” Brooke greeted, gazing up at the man. “Everything alright?” “I just came to check on Juniper. We’re all really worried about her.” “She’s resting right now, but doesn’t seem to be in much pain. The doctor said she won’t be able to move much for a couple days, until her swelling goes down.” “That I can understand. Scarlet and I will tend to the ship and crew in the meantime as usual. Though, I have a feeling our guests may wish to visit her once she’s awake.” “I am awake,” Juniper managed to call, her voice broken and hoarse, and the two whipped their heads around to see her, her having now propped herself up against the headboard. “I’m not completely helpless, you know.” The two continued to stand there in surprise, but she could tell Brooke was tearing up all over again even from the distance between them. “Thank you for yours and Scarlet’s work, Taurus,” she mused towards him, and he bowed his head. “Of course. We wouldn’t do anything less.” He paused, leaning against the doorframe momentarily, revealing his bandaged arm that was tinted slightly in red. “Jericho has been pretty distraught over what happened. Would you mind if I told him he could visit?” “Certainly. He needs to meet Brooke formally anyways.” Suddenly coughing, she felt the tug at her lungs, the tension in her chest at the action. Each inhale revealed just how many bruises and injuries she had, which made her wince and tense for a moment before she could relax. This would be a miserable recovery. “Could you possibly ask Sir Xavier to come in first? I have something to discuss with him.” “Certainly,” Taurus responded in a soft tease, mimicking her own words. He turned to Brooke, and the two talked in hushed tones before the door was closed, and Brooke came back to slide into bed, also now in clean clothes and her familiar cranberry scent looming over her. It was comforting to have her back. She watched as her lover pulled in close, snuggling into her side gently to not hurt her more, and Juniper went back to brushing her hand through her hair, not feeling the need to speak. They would have time for that when they were rested with full stomachs, something that she felt would happen tomorrow. Her presence was comforting enough amidst the pain rolling through her.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Quote :
Xavier leaned against the edge of the ship with a drink in his hand to fog the stir of memories and unwanted things, slightly wishing this ale was stronger. He looked at it with an arched brow, stirring the liquid inside his cup. He brought it back to his lips and took it down as the waves lashed against the side of the ship, flecks of water rolling up the cold, humid air. Tasting that zing of alcohol and aged ale, feeling numb enough to feel content, Xavier turned his eye, hearing Taurus approach him from behind, the wind rolling through his hair. The rest of the crew occasionally passed over the deck, collecting supplies to tend to the others and their injuries. He leaned on his arm a little more. "Need something." He said to Taurus. His dark eyes flicked from the empty cup in his hand to the man. Everyone had that tired look in their eye.
“Swordfish is up. She asked for you,” he said.
Xavier stuck his lips out, rolling his head as he thought about that...she would probably chew him out over something he did. He took a while to formulate his answer. "Fine, fine," he sighed. He averted his gaze, stepping from the ledge, walking toward her quarters while Taurus slipped down below deck. Xavier reached to her door, ignoring the bruises on his hands, pulling the door to slip inside. He saw the woman, the partner he was supposedly assigned to, lying in bed with the one they had rescued. The man smirked, not to make fun, but he was glad to see them, and he was glad to see she was alright despite not wanting to admit it to himself. "You called?" He mused when she noticed him.

Quote :
Having slipped away after the battle, once everyone was taken care of and once the Andian Corsairs were far behind them, Jericho found a room below deck where no one was and sat in a position for meditation, like he had been taught to do when he felt his emotions influencing his magic. He made sure it was away from voices and company. His eyes were closed, breathing controlled, as he tried drawing in and understanding the discourse running through him. He ignored the rocking boat, the murmurings behind the door. Jericho raised his hands level to his chest. He dipped his chin lower into his collar bone, breathing in through his nose, feeling the streams shudder around him. Something...had greatly changed the streams. He needed to focus on tapping into the source he had before, it was dangerous to tamper in the negative streams without proper training, that's what he had always been told. But he didn't want to learn the negative stream either. Decay...it was not something he liked. "Elohin ve vala’nas," he whispered, praying the Gods would watch over him, help him. "Elohin ve vala’nas," Jericho said again, breathing in and out. He moved his arms, feeling the streams change, but not enough. He had been at it for hours now, and was still no closer...Jericho breathed out.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 6:54 pm

Quote :
Resting with Brooklyn in the comfort of their bedroom, it wasn’t long before Juniper heard the door open and looked from the window to it, seeing none other than Xavier stroll in. He looked a bit worse for wear all things considered, but obviously he wasn’t doing too terribly if he actually came in to see her. Sitting herself up better despite the aching, she watched him walk in but keep his distance, answering her call. “I did, actually.” She tilted her head slightly, gazing at him in silence before raising a brow. “I want you to come closer. I won’t bite, even if I wanted to.” Brooke at this point had sat up beside her, seeming embarrassed by the new company as she crossed her legs and sat quietly next to her. When the man finally approached close enough, even if hesitant, she resisted the pain in her abdomen as she reached her arms out and pulled him into a tight hug, her body ringing alarm bells at the action but she ignored it. She held him for a solid moment, thankful he came to see her. “You saved my life,” she murmured to him, “and I will forever be grateful for it. I would be dead if not for you, and so would Brooke.” Finally pulling away, she swallowed her nerves and gave him a lookover. “I’m glad you’re not too terribly injured from everything, and I’m sorry you got dragged into my mess so deeply. I didn’t expect you to jump in, but…like I said, I’m so glad you did, and were able to save us.” Taking Brooke’s hand, she gazed back to his face, noting that his mustache was not a hair undone, likely the first thing the man fixed upon everything settling down. “I noticed your weapon broke under the captain’s. I’d like to pay for a new one for you when we get back on land, or at least pay for its repair. It’s the least I can do, even if I do owe you my life. And I know it’s kind of a ridiculous thing to offer anyways in comparison - there’s so much more I know I could do to repay you, to make it worth your while. But I’m afraid I’m a bit out of sorts to think up anything better for you. I just want you to know how thankful I am for you, Xavier. I appreciate everything you did today more than you know. We didn’t get off on the right foot, and I’m sure once I’m out of this bed and off of pain meds things will be different, but I hope we can find an even standing ground one of these days. I’m sorry for how I treated you.”

Quote :
Making his way through the ship, Taurus checked up on everyone as he passed them, ensuring their recovery even if he had seen them earlier and making sure the children were not too frightened from the experience. Everyone was on edge, and he didn’t blame them as he was himself, but he ensured them all that they were safe again and on their way back home to rest. Passing by Scarlet on his path, he brushed a quick kiss on her cheek with a smile, before he kept walking through the rooms and speaking with anyone who consulted him. He was curious as to where Jericho had gone however, and assumed that the boy would be among the others to help ease his concerns and get back on his feet. At least the ship wasn’t too big to not venture through, and eventually he came to the lowest storeroom, where there was nothing but silence and the ocean brushing past the outer walls of the ship. Was this where he was? He kept walking, climbing over boxes and barrels alike before he heard quiet murmuring further down the way. It piqued his curiosity as he wandered over quietly, and when he opened the door, sure enough Jericho was there, hidden away and curled into a meditative position. Taurus felt bad for interrupting, but he knew it could help the boy if he could talk to Juniper perhaps, and know she was alright and that things were taken care of. “Swallow,” he murmured from the doorway, “I’m sorry for disturbing you. Swordfish wants to see you soon, if that’s alright. She’s awake for now, and doing better.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 8:58 pm

Quote :
When she said she wanted him closer, and that she wouldn't bite, Xavier gave her a look, a very pronounced, skeptical one that showed he wasn't trusting or comfortable. But he took one step forward, brows arched, and then another until he was the right distance from her. Then, she reached out toward him, Xavier flinched, and she pulled him into an embrace. His arms remained at his side for a while, eyes dancing around the room, feeling stunned for a moment as she spoke out her thanks, and an apology by all things. That was the strangest thing he had ever heard. He had never heard anyone apologize to him, not once, and it felt odd, like the feeling of butterflies and a mix whir of confusion, and doubt. His breathing quickened, if by just a little, by the time they pulled away. The man swallowed and attempted to clear his throat of the knot that formed inside. "You...um, you don't need to worry," he started to say, but he paused, looking down and to the side, where his blade would have been. He was at a loss of words as the hug and everything she said sunk in deeper. He didn't know what to say, what to do, but he decided to try harder to swallow that down and move on. His eyes had glazed in that time he pondered but dried up quickly. "I don't plan to use that sword ever again, and Trinity will cover the rest. She's the one who owes me, actually, both a position and a fancy carriage among other things. Won't that be nice after this adventure." He found himself chuckling, furrowing his brows as he looked at Juniper. "The rest? Well, I...I couldn't have you die out there. I may be heartless, but I have some standards." He smirked to himself with the shake of his head. When another pause crept in, he brushed the topic aside and looked at The Whisper, who studied him from where she was. "And your friend? I don't believe we've been introduced." He reached out to shake her hand and catch her name properly.

Quote :
Dipping his head, Jericho tried picking through the streams yet again, but the door came open and he broke concentration. He opened his eyes, coming to his feet when Taurus apologized for disrupting him. He tugged at his hood, listening to the man's words before his hands dropped down by his sides, a deep look echoing in his expression. "Oh! Yes, I would like to see her," he said, his voice more sullen from his meditation than usual. He stepped out the door, past Taurus, and through the lower deck to reach the stairs. He quietly stepped up to reach the upper deck.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 9:16 pm

Quote :
Juniper was more surprised by his dismissal of her offer moreso than his reluctance to her embrace, and her brows raised as she listened to him. This was not exactly the reaction she expected - haughty and demanding were more what she was preparing for. But mentioning Trinity’s owning to him, yes, she could agree with that sentiment. “If that’s what she’s offering, I see no value in having anything less,” she mused with a small smile to him. “If you do need anything from me however, anything Trinity somehow can’t provide, do let me know. I want to make it up somehow to you, though hopefully that doesn’t mean saving your life. I think we’ve both done that once too many times.” She then chuckled quietly, shaking her head. “I’m glad your standards include saving me.” As his attention turned to Brooke, she looked to the woman and realized that yes, she hadn’t been introduced to the man properly. She was going to speak, but the woman took over for herself as per usual.

Quote :
”I’m Brooke,” The woman said with a smile, shaking the nobleman’s hand. “We met earlier in less cheerful circumstances. I’m also known as The Whisper, who has a bounty on her head. You saved Juni’s life, but if you’re gonna do anything to help me further, it’s to not turn me in. It’d be greatly appreciated.” She gave him a small grin. “Juniper’s my fiancee, we’ve been together about seven or eight years now. We got engaged right before I was taken, like literally what, a week?” She exchanged a glance with the noblewoman, who nodded, so she turned back to Xavier. “I’ve been thrown around by pirates ever since. But you’ll be seeing me a whole lot more now that I’m around. I do look forward to getting to know you better though, if this conversation has given me any insight into all the drama I missed while I was away.” ”And now you know why I’ve been so pissed off,” Juniper finished with, brushing a hand through her hair. “It’s hard to keep yourself under control when you’ve been chasing pirates who captured your lover. We were separated for six months - I was livid.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 9:37 pm

Quote :
When Juniper mentioned how returning the favor was hopefully not saving his life, Xavier smirked, twisting the end of his thick, handlebar mustache with a confident attitude. "Certainly not! Only an imbecile would dare." He chuckled, having shook the hand of Miss. Ravenmoore's fiance with a respectful dip of his head as he pulled away and listened her introduction. He laughed when Brooke told him not to turn her in, that fact amusing him greatly, and the man rubbed his chin. "My seven to eight years..and being thrown around by pirates after that, tsk tsk, not a lovely feeling, madame. I am glad you both have reunited and are both far from that trouble." He smiled, a little, watching the two pick on each other like an old married couple, but that did diverge into the next topic. "Do send a card or something when the wedding is up. I'd love that," he enthused, turning on his heel slightly when he heard the door open as Jericho stepped into the room, like the ball of innocence he was. "Jericho, so nice to see you," he mused.

Quote :
Smiling at Xavier, it didn't take long before his attention was pulled to Juniper, examining the state she was in just before he rushed to her bed. Tears twinkled in his eyes. "JUNI!" he shouted, beaming from ear to ear as he sprawled his arms over her, nuzzling her covers, relieved she seemed okay. "I was worried," he murmured, voice stifled out from the covers he was buried in.

Last edited by Sub-Zero on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 10:10 pm

Quote :
Juniper was pleased to see Xavier get along well with Brooke at the time - who knew how long that would last in time to come. She herself didn’t necessarily get along great with him, and knew there would be instances where they’d be back to bickering, but for right now she could enjoy the breath of air and peace that came along with their consolidarity. “The wedding will not be long after we reach shore,” she spoke, “as the sooner we marry, the sooner she is under Kingfisher protection. If someone tries to do anything like they did now, we can use the fullest extent of the law to bring them justice.” She noticed the surprise in Brooke’s eyes, but she would discuss the matter with her later. “If you want to be invited, I will make sure you are on the list for an invitation.” As she finished, the door opened and she looked over to see none other than Jericho standing there, who flashed a quick smile to the noble before he leaped onto the bed between her and Brooke and nuzzled himself into her, causing her to grunt loudly as he hit the bruises along her abdomen. “I’m okay Jer, I’m okay,” she mused in slight pain, wrapping her arms around him best she could and patting his hooded head. “Nothing I can’t work through. You on the other hand, are you okay?” She looked him over, but didn’t see any major wounds or signs of injury, especially if he was so eager to leap onto the bed so easily. “I didn’t see what happened with you, I was stuck under deck most of the time and didn’t get the chance to see if you had been safe.”

Quote :
Seeing that Juni was now occupied, Brooke slid off the bed and walked over to Xavier, crossing her arms as she gazed up at him. She was shorter than Juni by a couple inches, and was also shorter than the man before her, but she was used to such a thing. Compared to Taurus, this was a more comfortable height difference to manage. “So, how did you come to get on this boat in the first place?” she asked. “Juni hasn’t let guests on in…well, since a long time, hah. Now she’s apparently got you, and this kid here. How’d that happen?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 pm

Quote :
It was nice to know Juniper and Brooke had their plans underway. They would solve their problems when they reached land, and he'd be on his way, tending to the things that mattered to him, like finally stretching out his legs over a lounge chair, eating fine meals, and sleeping in an actually well-made bed. Silk sheets and all. He dipped his head, acknowledging her comment about making sure he was on the list for invitations. He looked at the scene with Jericho and Juniper, flicking his eyes down at Brooke when she slid off the bed and approached him, asking a curious question. How was he in this predicament? Well, he often wondered that himself. "Oh, cruelly. I was ripped from my comfortable abode, right to sea." Xavier chuckled, then sighed, having spoken about this topic to many different people already, but he planned to do it again and again to make his point. "Juniper was determined to find you, of course, and I was sent in on a mission! Fate just played a hand I think. I'm not proud." He smirked a little, saying, "the kitten is just here to follow Juniper. He's practically glued to her truth be told, you might have competition." Laughing below his breath, he looked at Jericho and Juniper again before gazing back at Brooke, curious to have met her in person. He heard about her and her father before, albeit briefly but he never forgot a name and didn't give her any hints that he might have known. "But tell me, how did you find Miss. Ravenmoore? Foes out at sea? Happens-chance? Must be quite the tale."
Quote :
After she had asked him if he was okay, Jericho lifted his head, just so his eyes could peek over so he could see her. "Yes, I'm okay," he said, feeling some tension in his gut when he thought back to that fight. "I was shooting arrows, but I didn't get that hurt, not like you. I'm just glad you're safe, I really am." He breathed out, his smile still at his lips. "I don't know if I would be able to heal you after that." His eyes flickered as he realized what he said, smiling more to laugh weakly and cover it up with, "I don't think we have that many healing supplies with me. I left most of them at home."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 11:15 pm

Quote :
The noble was relieved to hear that the boy was okay, and gave him a small squeeze even if it hurt herself to do so. Hopefully he wasn't lying for her sake, but after his prior actions, she couldn't imagine him doing so. "I've got a bit of recovery to do, but I'll be okay after some time. The doctor said I need surgery once we get back to the estate, but its usually successful in the long run." He went on to say it would be too difficult to heal her, and she chuckled, petting his hair through his cowl. "That's why we have a medic on board, to help us in situations like this. He stabilized my leg and my wounds are wrapped and cleaned, so I'm as good as I'm going to get before we are back home. Hopefully next time we won't need any extensive supplies like we did today, and you won't have a need for your healing kit. It's very sweet of you to think of helping me, though. I appreciate it, my Swallow."

Quote :
Brooke was very interested in the way this man spoke, the way he perceived his situation and how he described it. She didn't think she had ever met any man similar, but she liked it. He was unique, someone new to poke and prod. "How unfortunate, I know the feeling though. I quite miss the nice estates and all the amenities they had to offer. I can't say that the sea is the worst place to be, but I'm horribly biased." She laughed, before she looked to the two on the bed, wanting to delve deeper into their relationship together. They bonded rather quickly, and she wondered why. "Oh, he will learn not to mess with me if he tries to butt his way in too often. But, we will see if the kitten learns the hierarchy. He won't be able to rush into her bedroom like this in the future." The grin on her face turned cheeky before the man asked about her history with the captain, and she laughed softly, gazing at the woman fondly. "Oh believe me, it's a rather thrilling tale that will one day travel the Isles in song, I tell you. Ironically, she was captured by my father when we were 17, as she was sailing alone and my father wanted some quick cash. That quick cash turned into ransoming a noblewoman, though that fell through. Her family never sent out any rescue or any funding to rescue her. So we kept her around, and me and her absolutely hated each other." She chuckled softly as memories came to mind. "Like wanted to kill each other hate. She was cocky and persistent, and I was stubborn and crude. Still are for both of us honestly. Eventually one of our fights really blew up, and when I pinned her to the mast, she kissed me. And I think we both realized that we hated each other so much because we couldn't stand the fact we really liked each other. One thing led to another, and soon after that around a year later is when we began dating. The rest you already know - we are engaged. I'm missing my ring, the damn pirates took it, but we've got our tattoos." She lifted her right hand, showing him the tattoo on her right ring finger that displayed a merge of a compass rose and a ship's wheel, a bright blue color. "So Im not too upset. It was a rather pretty ring though. Fun fact, this used to be my ship. But Juni, gods be damned, worked her way up and when new crew members rolled in, they really liked her better than me. So she naturally became the captain, and I relinquished my reign of it. She's run it for a few years now. It never ceases to amaze me, honestly." Letting out a sigh, she realized she had been talking for a while and laughed nervously. "Let me just throw our entire life story at you, why don't I? Sorry, I doubt you're that invested. Long story short, she was my fathers prisoner and we fell in love through bantering and hating each others guts. Even have matching scars from that big fight of ours. It'd be a best selling novel if we wrote it."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Quote :
They were both horribly biased. Xavier chuckled below his breath, propping himself against the bedroom wall when Brooke talked about making sure the young Jericho knew his place, in a playful way of course. "You would do well to avoid challenging those puppy-dog eyes of his, trust me. But I'd put in a few silver pieces to see you loose." Grinning just a little, now listening to Brooke's tale about she and Miss. Ravenmoore met. Sea-fairing adventures never interested him, it was actually the quickest way to pull him from a conversation, but he hung on for the sake of the conversation and Brooke, focusing on the other details to keep himself as engaged as he could. They were haters, to lovers, rather quickly. It would have been amusing to see it for himself when it happened. "Sounds like a series of fortunate and unfortunate events," Xavier said. "And after all that, you're finally reunited. A fitting end, I'd say...or beginning I suppose, what with the marriage and potential future arrangements." She had then apologized for spewing her whole life story on him and the man shrugged. "No, you're fine. I did ask, didn't I?" He huffed, a small smile brushing his lips. "I admit I never thought there was another miss. ravenmoore in the picture, quite curious indeed. What else is there to know about you though? Hobbies, quirks, bad habits? I'm all ears."
Quote :
He didn't understand most of what Juniper said, surgeries and so fourth, but he looked at her with big, empathetic eyes anyway. "That's good," he said, gigging when she patted his head. He beamed when she called him 'her Swallow' and he reached out, patting her head in return. "You're welcome, Swordfish," he murmured, smiling wider as he gave her another quick hug to show support before pulling from the bed, tears pricking at his eyes. "We need to do fun stuff when we get back, no more battles for a while. Maybe we can do some of the things we had planned that we never got to do," he said with a nod, brushing away his tears with his sleeve. "It will be nice to go home and see Honeybee and Artheanax again too, they probably miss us huh."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next