Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
Juniper was rather amused to see Jericho so adamant about resting and recouping from battles. She didn’t disagree, she needed time to settle as well as to spend with Brooke. There was so much time spent apart that she couldn’t fathom jumping into the next thing without enjoying her fiancee being back with her. “Oh, I have no doubt they do. Honeybee will be thrilled to see you again.” She brushed her thumb across his cheeks to remove the tears he didn’t catch with his sleeve. “You should make a list of all the things we’ve yet to do, and check them off one by one as we get to do them. I’m sure there’s plenty we haven’t even thought about.”

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 9a4d06edafe6becd079801fc273d7e15
Quote :
Brooke raised a brow at the man, curious by his answer about the boy currently talking with Juniper. “You think I don’t have my own puppy dog eyes? Juni won’t know what to do with herself when she has two people vying for her attention. If you want to bet on that however, I’ll gladly take it up. I’m no stranger to gambling. Considering we both just gambled our very lives, I’d say I have the upper hand for a short time.” Chuckling to herself and leaning back against the wall, she watched the man as he responded to her story, surprised that he was taking it so well. When he asked about more of herself, she laughed in surprise, brushing a hand through her tangled curls. “You’re really that curious about me? You must be really bored out of your mind,” she teased with a grin. “I’m a big fan of excitement you could say. Love to try my odds, or try new challenges, or see what I can get away with. I became so infamous because I took risks nobody else was willing to take - and got really good at succeeding. I dabble in a variety of things, but I do love improving my custom crossbow weapon. It’s a hand crossbow persay, it attaches to a brace on my arm and I can use it to throw someone off guard from afar, or shoot a bolt straight into their neck if I happen to be close enough. I’ve been working on improving it further so it can be lighter, shoot stronger bolts, and be more secure. My design tends to break easily at the moment, which is difficult in the midst of battle. I wonder if my original is still here on the ship somewhere.” She tapped her chin in thought, but didn’t ponder long on the subject. “But regardless, I just do whatever I find interesting. So I’ve got a few different things I’m decent at.” She looked back to him, observing the man. “What about you, a man who looks like he belongs in the palaces of the empire?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 5:25 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 Deddcf97c3b5097fedb56bd2d4606b22
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 B8a96ae241cddbca6a2c9eed56b75f83
Quote :
Feeling Juniper's thumb brush against his cheek, Jericho squinted some of the tears in his eyes away. He felt better to have her here to talk with and liked the idea of writing down a list of things for them to do. He wasn't sure how devoted he'd be to checking all of them down, he would probably add so many in-between the lines when they went back anyway. He nodded his head, agreeing to the last bit she said. Jericho giggled weakly. Nodding once more, mostly in happiness for feeling better, he patted her head again. "Like throwing you into the pool back at your estate," he said. "Sometimes things come up like that, but it'll be nice to see all of that again and be off the seas." It would also be nice to get away from this conflict to maybe help with his own problem. Perking up, he suddenly placed a hand by his mouth and whispered, "also, who is this we rescued? I'm a little nervous to ask her." He passed a glance back over his shoulder at Brooke, curious to know more of her on their journey home. When she looked in his direction though, not realizing both she and Xavier had looked at him, his cheeks went red and he quickly looked back at Juniper with a happier giggle.
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
Giving a toothy grin, Xavier propped his hand by his chin as he looked at Brooke and her 'puppy dog eyes,' yes he could see how she might have a hidden knack for it, but how would it compete with the kitten? He was also impressed with her way with words--and gambling. "I dabble myself," Xavier teased, twisting the edge of his mustache. This would be interesting. He had a few coins to spare so maybe it was about time he got out of his bubble a bit, at least for the time being. As for her comment about him being bored, Xavier gave a 'whoose' as he breathed out and shook his head in dismay. "Ah! Finally someone has noticed," he teased with a chuckle. "Sounds like your blood runs hot, doesn't it? Believe it or not, I understand! The adventure, the wide-open spaces, the rush of adrenaline, I actually ran on rooftops back in my day, I get it. Cool you tinker with your crossbow. Does it have a name?" He rubbed his chin and jaw. His brows popped up at her question. He laughed, a bit surprised, but it made him happy to hear her say things like that. "Oh me? Oh. I'm a bit complicated but let's see," he said. He started listing things on his fingers. "Romantic at heart - basks in the moonlight, long walks and mushy conversations about affection. Not the touchy stuff. Sucker for style, noble panache, and good scenery. I gamble too, when I feel like it. I prefer to look good than brawl, but I'll do both if I have to." Xavier chuckled.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Quote :
Juniper figured Jericho would have a sentimental response, or perhaps a few different options he had been looking forward to since they had left the estate. But when he brought up tossing her into the pool, she couldn’t help but laugh and give him a playful nudge, especially after he pat her head again, getting used to the gesture it seemed. “Of course, can’t get enough of that can you? Maybe I’ll give you a chance to do it again once we are back home. I do look forward to our spontaneous times again though, seeing what catches our interest. I’m sure there’s plenty you’ll find that you want to do.” After she spoke, Jericho cupped his hand by his mouth and finally asked about their rescued guest. She grinned softly, giving a glance over to Brooke as she talked with Xavier. “That, would be my fiancee,” she murmured, looking back to the boy with shining eyes. “Betrothed to be married. I’m sure you and her will have a wonderful time getting to know each other on our trip back home. She’s very approachable, I assure you. I imagine that when I’m too down and out to participate in any new activities, you can take her along and have a blast.”

Quote :
Another person to gamble with? Brooke smirked up at the man, noting the fact for later. If she ever found a suitable topic to bet on, one she knew she could win, she could send him a summons and see just how much he ‘dabbled’. He went on to explain himself however, and the thoughts got filed away as Xavier delved deeper into their discussion, pulling tidbits that she didn’t expect him to bring up. “A rooftop runner? I would have had some tussels with you back a few years ago if we had ever met at a similar age. Alas, seems we will have to make it up some other time.” She snickered with amusement. “I actually don’t have a name for it, as I guess it never got suitable enough for me to call it finished and actually name it properly. I know Juni named her sword, and names just about everything something crazy, but I’ve never had the knack for it. If I ever decide to name it however, perhaps I’ll send over a letter for advice.” Smiling cheekily up at him, she listened with interest as he explained himself in simple terms, a much shorter version of her own self. He was different than she expected, though she was sure that would only further prove itself as time went on and she spent more time with him. Nobody was truly who they seemed upon first glances. “So you discuss romance in fancy attire while throwing money on the table all while keeping yourself pristine. Not a bad way to keep appearances I must say. You sound like you keep your head above water pretty well. Though it’s no wonder Juniper likes you, if you’re such a sap. She can be ridiculous herself.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2022 6:15 pm

Quote :
'Fiance'! Now that was a word that flew right nicely over the tongue, gave him quite a good feeling to whisper below his breath. His clueless nature of the word was quickly resolved when Juniper mentioned marriage and he may have lived in the middle of nowhere but he knew what that was and easily put two and two together. He looked shyly over to Brooke. He looked like a child that had been told he would have a new baby sister; there was a flash of indecisive feelings, a cloud that had settled in the room about change. It was a little intimidating to see someone who knew Juniper to the depth she probably did but there was no jealousy in his eyes, just some fear. It was the same fear he showed the first meeting Juniper. His body seemed to shrink down, shoulders caving in with his head squeezed between as he handled the feeling of surprise, then he looked over Brooke again. He looked over her gestures, the witty smile that jumped to her full lips, the way she spoke, just to see what she was like at a glance. It was hard to tell in his current state with flashes of discomfort still fluttering around from his magic being off-balance. But Juniper liked her. "Ooh," he said, only barely breaching the silence with his soft tone. "So you knew her for a long time then? Does she live with you yet?" He tried finding questions to brush away his surprise. When he did that, he found himself smiling nervously, almost as if his body needed to smile to relax. "What's she like? Aside from being approachable."
Quote :
He was invested in this little conversation. Maybe some part of him relaxed knowing he was leaving more distasteful things back at Worthguard and would probably never have to see it again, but there were things he stored in the far reaches of his mind that he preferred to move on from. He found latching onto this helpful. Brooke even quipped about sending him a letter for advice if she ever named her crossbow. How touching, it made him chuckle. "I'll meticulously pick out names to prepare for that then," he said, feeling his smile grow a little more and even more at her next tease. My, was that a way to word it, he felt his cheeks turn a little warm. "Likes me? Oh, my dear, she can hardly tolerate me! We bicker like two cats! Lots of hissing, raised hackles -you should see her, she froths at the mouth, suds like a coastline! It's quite the show!" He rolled his shoulders back, beaming from ear to ear, knowing full well that he and Juniper had more in common than she liked to believe. It was like driving a dull blade with every new thing they had in common and Xavier enjoyed watching her squirm. "Our romantic flair cancels out I think. Too much in one room." He tossed a wink at Brooke. "You two make an interesting pair. I hear pirates are irresistible and evidently Miss. Ravenmoore seems to think so. I can imagine you two sailing out towards the sunset, feeding eachother expensive cheeses, reminiscing over the sea and praying to some water God, heaven forbid I don't know what you people do." Xavier could barely get out the last bit, slurring it into a laugh as he shook his head with his hand covering it.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2022 6:35 pm

Quote :
When she explained her relationship with Brooke, the boy suddenly sunk into himself, eyes wide and almost fearful. Why was he so off-put? It worried her - maybe he wouldn’t like her, or he’d only spend time with herself rather than Brooke in tandem. Eventually he managed to speak in a hushed murmur, and she gave him a concerned look, studying his behavior. “I’ve known her for about seven or eight years now, and yes, she does live with me in my quarters at home. We’ve lived together practically the entire time we’ve been together. So when we are at the estates, you’ll see her around there.” The boy then asked about the woman, and she chuckled to herself. “Why don’t you go ask her yourself later?” she murmured teasingly. “She doesn’t bite. But if you must know anything, she is very forward and likes to be sarcastic. If she says anything rude, it’s nothing personal. She was raised by pirates after all; she’s going to be a bit more crude than most. But I promise she is very friendly, and loves to joke around and have a good time.”

Quote :
Brooke was expecting some remark about his and Juniper’s bond, how they had grown a friendship while she was gone, but she got the complete opposite when the man grinned and spoke of their utter hatred for one another. Her eyes were wide as she listened to him speak metaphorically about their scuffles and tribulations. “Really? I don’t think I’ve seen her hate someone quite so much aside from me in our youth, and her brother of course. So interesting that you’ve captured her attention enough to devote so much effort into you. I find it rather amusing, and will have to coax her to start ranting about you one day or another.” She grinned cheekily, quite enjoying the man’s flair for the dramatic. Perhaps if he stuck around, she could see some real fights in action. He went on to emphasize their relationship as sea lovers, and she scoffed, waving her hand to dismiss him. “Oh please. You don’t want to know what we do. You should know pirates aren’t exactly fancy. We get down and dirty, and we like it.” Her eyes gleamed, withholding laughter. “But we do enjoy a good night of stargazing, perhaps sharing some spiked drink on the Raven’s nest. All depends on what she’s feeling up to. Usually it’s just us talking quietly as we sail off to wherever pleases us. We do love to travel, I can say that with confidence.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 1:52 am

Quote :
That seemed like a long time; Jericho took in the responses she gave, thumbing them over in his thoughts, and the affirmation that she lived in the estate. He wasn't put off by this but it was like he was collecting information on Juniper's fiancee. It wasn't to see if he approved of her or not either, it was merely to get to know her more. He had to recollect his idea about her after all, but he was glad to hear she was the fun type. He didn't doubt they'd get along once he broke out of his shell some but he didn't know when that would be. "Oh, okay," he said. "I...guess I could ask her. She seems interesting." He never lied, he did find her quite interesting. "She seems to like Xavier too."
Quote :
Acting as though he were polishing his nails as one would do to show some sass, Xavier breathed on his fingernails and held them out to examine them. "I do my best, what can I say! I normally charge people to hate me as much as she does but I offered a discount," he played, enjoying Brooke's company and her way of interacting. It was refreshing, unapologetic. He felt he could be bluntly honest about his opinions and she could be bluntly honest about hers and neither would be worse off for it; such a rarity these days. He made a sound when she talked about pirates getting down and dirty and blinked a bit. Huh! Well, he should have expected as much. He smirked at her thoughts about spending time with Juniper. Xavier leaned against the wall propping his cheek up against his fist with a dramatic flair, as per usual. "My, my, my. Something tells me Juniper isn't the only romantic one in the relationship," he poked fun, having rolled the 'r' in romantic for that added emphasis. "Stargazing at the top of a ship with a few drinks a few heart-hearts, my who wouldn't swoon." He laughed quietly, seeing Jericho and Juniper were looking in their direction. "I admit, I'm pleasantly surprised. I had better take my leave but we should play something sometime." Fixing his appearance and sending Brooke a nod, he looked at Juniper first, preparing to see if she had anything else to say before he took his leave for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 5:54 pm

Quote :
”She does, doesn’t she?” Juniper mused over the fact that though she and Xavier lived in opposite realities, he and her lover got along just well and seemed to be enjoying conversation together. She could only imagine she would have to suffer his presence more in the future if Brooke wanted to get to know him more. “Since she lives at the estate, you two will have plenty of time to spend together and you can ask her all the questions you’d like. She likes horseback riding, archery, and climbing the rocks on the walls of the estate to name a few things. I’m sure you two can find many things to entertain yourself with while I’m recovering.” She reached out and squeezed his shoulder with a smile. “Don’t be too intimidated. She’s not very intimidating when you pull off her mask.”

Quote :
Brooke let out a loud laugh at Xavier’s comment, rolling her eyes in jest. “Juniper must be quite the woman to get such a price. Guess I better watch my words or I’ll end up paying fees myself. Our finances will just suffer.” She grinned afterwards, brushing a hand through her tangled hair to get it out of her eyes as she listened. It was unfortunate that he wished to leave, as she had much more to discuss, but they had time to talk during the rest of their sail home. “Oh, I can be romantic when I want to be. She’s much more the gooshey type though, all the moments together and the little gifts and romantic outings. I usually have less romantic intentions, but I do enjoy what we do together regardless. It’s unfortunate to see you go, but I’m sure we have plenty more to discuss that we haven’t tapped into.” She winked at him before his gaze went to Juniper, hers doing the same. The captain gazed back at them, raising a brow before sensing the shift in their conversation. “Thank you again, Xavier,” she told him. “I owe you a life debt. Just, please wait until I can use my leg again. I wouldn’t want to humiliate you by saving you as a cripple. Oh, what the stories would say.” Her eyes sparkled with amusement, before chuckling and shaking her head. “I’m joking. I do owe you though, so much. Like I said earlier, if there is anything you wish that Trinity does not provide you on your return, I will be more than happy to offer it.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 pm

Quote :
Amused and a little curious, Xavier felt the same as she did about romance--more or less. Darius was more doting and 'gushy' than he was but Xavier had his moments too sometimes, they were usually after a long day. It was weird to see how much Juniper's own relationship paralleled what he and Darius had, well, what he hoped to have with him again. It was nice to see these two were back together though. "We'll have plenty of time. We're at sea, it'a all we have!" He teased at Brooke, nudging her shoulder playfully as he stepped towards the door, stopping to listen to Juniper. He shrugged. "You might want to retract that offer. I could put it to nefarious use." Smirking, Xavier lifted his chin and said, "well - then again that might be too good to pass up. Aha! Yes. I've made up my mind! No take backsies and I'll put that to use when you least expect it; your toes will curl and I'll be off in the crowd giggling." Winking and turning to her bed smoothly, he rustled his hand over Jericho's hood and huffed at Juniper. "Do make sure the kitten tucks in early though. He was talking in his sleep last night." He clicked his tongue and tilted his head at them both.
Quote :
Eyes shining from the revelation that Brooke liked archery, Jericho pulled his hood down further as Xavier messed with it, causing a flurry of giggles to slip from his mouth. He beamed up at the mustache man, then frowned with a cheeky smile. Jericho had heard rumors about him sleep-talking last night and was a little embarrassed it was brought up to Juniper. "That's not very fair," he said, suddenly grinning. "But you should see yourself sleep! You snore!" Jericho loved seeing the brief flash of horror on Xavier's face (not to mention the little gasp he gave) and he looked at Juniper with his chest out. "He does!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 10:31 pm

Quote :
Juniper watched the two bicker, amused by their banter back and forth. It seemed there was more going on behind the scenes with the two in the sleeping quarters. What she wouldn’t give to see them actually go at it, seeing a more defensive side of Jericho. “Girls, girls, you’re both pretty,” she chirped with a smirk. “If Xavier wants to go snore himself to sleep, we shouldn’t keep him.” She exchanged a look with Brooke and the both shared a laugh, Brooke in particular giving him a sly look. “Hopefully ‘kitten’s’ nighttime chatter won’t be louder. Then you’ll both be in for a rough time.” “We might have to let one of them bunk in here if they don’t settle down.” “You know very well that they’d have to sleep in the office space.” Juniper snorted at the words, shaking her head. “Okay, okay. Brooke moves around a whole lot in her sleep and has fallen off the bed more than once, even as an adult. I never have problems sleeping that I know of.” “You’re extremely clingy.” “You’re a nuisance.” “You’re the one airing out my dirty laundry, geez.” The two gave each other playful disgruntled looks and stuck their tongues out before their attentions were brought back to the boys. “Do sleep well though, Xavier. Don’t keep the kitten up past his bedtime. We will send him down promptly in a few.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm

Quote :
Xavier chuckled and Jericho laughed at the back and fourth between Juniper and Brooke; the banter seemed easier now that the hard journey was done and all the hard work put to rest...he felt the air change. Yes, it felt much warmer now than it did before and maybe it was the change in tides or all the flustering he'd done today but he pretended it was for external reasons. There was a smile on everyone's faces now, including his, most importantly on the reunited couple. That was delightful, especially to see such a side to Juniper, and that wasn't sarcastic for once either. He was told to put Jericho to bed at a reasonable time, he rolled his dark eyes around the room and smirked wide. "Who, me? I have far too much to tell, I can't make any promises," the man replied, bidding the group adieu with the dip of his chin. He glided to the door, feeling the worn scratches on the doorknob as he turned it and slid out the door, leaving Jericho with the lovebirds. "Farewell," he said. The door pressed gently behind him. Tap.

Timeskip.
------

Nighttime at sea.

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 QVJd6rO
Quote :
Holding steady to the wheel of the ship, feeling waves roll beneath its weight, James Byrne kept his steady eye on the horizon. The stars above were familiar to him, ever since he was a lad sailing off the coastline with his pop at birth. Wasn't hard to earn him the nickname Puffin. Small for his mature age, he still had no problem manning a ship on his own if it was needed and he was good with his hands: tinkerer, mechanic, hobbyist inventor. He dabbled in what people would call trash or broken debris back at home and it was partly why he could take a spot on this crew. Puffin watched the waters tonight. No fatigue in his eye, he knew how to sleep during the day and took in the silent air with ease. Nothing but him, water droplets cascading off frothy waves, and the wind in the sails, and he took another look at the rolling waves beyond the ship. The two moons in the sky reflected off the water like slick strips of silver. Puffin released his calloused hands on the wheel.
When he turned his eye, the water seemed strange, reflecting like the green retina of a cat. It twinkled at the surface...green, blue. Puffin turned his gaze back to the water and it was gone. He rubbed his cheek before shaking his head. He missed the flick of a webbed tail that dipped below the surface. The sparkles of color descended down with it.
Minutes passed, then a few more, as Puffin manned the Tainted Compass, making sure nothing was amiss. His gentle eyes rolled over the horizon again and splash- what was that? That was louder than the waves...much louder. Knotting his brows, he pulled from the wheel of the ship, peeking at the dark water at a safe distance and setting a hand toward his long-sword. A faraway splash could mean anything from a whale, fish, seabird, even a dragon. The ocean was no stranger to dragons which was any ship's worry, especially on long expeditions such as this. Finger tapping on his sword, he checked the sea again...and again. But no, nothing was amiss. Puffin relaxed his shoulders, drawing his hand from his weapon.
A soft voice barely broke over the sound of the waves. "H-help, help me."
A voice? Puffin's eyes narrowed and searched around the dark. His hand left his weapon and he stepped further from the wheel of the ship, uncertain if he was hearing things right or if his mind was playing tricks. When he squinted, he caught glints of a figure resting on a broken wood-board for support. It was a woman, or so he gathered from her voice and the long hair dipping under the waves. He worried for her out there at sea; what was someone doing this far out? He didn't know anyone could even be out here! Hurrying to the side of the boat, he called to the woman, throwing out netting for her to grab in the current. It decorated the surface of the water, barely within her reach.
The woman stretched her arm out, clearly having little strength as her hand bobbed in and out of waves. She managed to grab the netting, tighter than Puffin anticipated, but he was glad and he dragged up on the boat. The man put all his strength into hauling the woman up and outstretching a hand for her to hold. He watched the water roll down her golden hair. She looked up at him, large brown eyes catching his own. Her white gown was tight to her figure from the sea...who knew how long this poor woman had been adrift...but she was beautiful. Beautiful...so beautiful. Puffin blinked the thought away. It was not appropriate right now but it still echoed in his head...
She stretched out her delicate hand, pulling in towards him. She parted her lips, eyes shaking in fear. She was close to him and there were tears in her eyes, or seemed to be. She brushed her hand over his patchy blonde scruff...she was really thankful to be rescued, but he couldn't blame her. No one should have been out here.
"My lady, a..are you alright?" He asked, voice breaking.
The woman's hand came around to the back of his neck, squeezing tighter...he was about to pull her fully aboard when she looked right at his lips and back into his eyes. Ouch. She was gripping his neck so fiercely suddenly. Then a broad grin appeared on her face. Scales sprouted at her porcelain jaw. Her white teeth twinkled so menacingly and his stomach dropped like an anchor. A stifled sound left his lips but not before the woman yanked him by the neck. Pulling him off the taffrail of the ship, Puffin plunged down into the dark waters . A ripple of green and blue color reflected off the waves as he swam beneath the current with fins breaching the surface around him like sharks. Four sea dragons circled, one snatching his ankle and driving him under as the others dug their claws into the side of the Tainted Compass. The sea blocked out the sounds of their nails scratching at the barnacles as they clambered aboard with mighty grins. Their claws made easy work of it.
"Easy pickings for us sisters," one hissed.
The three came to the top of the ship, snake-like bodies sliding along the surface. Their fins folded against their backs and their silver and green scales danced in the moons' light.
"Disperse...and claim these humans for the sea."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 4:23 pm

Quote :
The rolling seas were always peaceful, the quiet waves brushing against the wood panels of the ship making it easy to roll into a slumber undisturbed by the world above deck. But tonight, Keagan was anything but relaxed. She paced the cannon room back and forth, arms crossed over her chest as she tried to pace herself to sleep. It wasn’t working thus far. Distraught and ready to go above deck to try and count the stars, she heard a peculiar noise coming from the stairs down the room. It caused her to pause and look in the direction of the dim room, only to see Trogon enter the room. “O-Oh, Trogon, you’re awake?” The man paused on his descent and stared in her direction, seeming to adjust to the light of the room before he smiled. “Yes, I was just making sure everything was in order on deck,” he spoke, much more awake than she would expect him to be. “Oh, of course. I was just surprised to see you down here rather than in your quarters.” “I suppose I wanted to see if anyone I knew was awake. I’m glad to see it was you.” He grinned, and his steps quickly carried to her, coming close enough that she backed into one of the cannons, his presence suddenly overwhelming. “O-Oh…is that so?” “Indeed.” He tilted his head, eyes glowing brightly among the few flickering lanterns she had lit for her path. Shadows flickered across his face, only a few features present to distinguish him as the quartermaster, leader of the ship while their captain was recovering. “Why are you glad to see me?” The man chuckled, bracing a hand beside her on the cannon. “We are alone for once. It’s been all day and I haven’t gotten a chance to be with you.” Keagan studied him carefully, trembling beneath her skin. The man had never once pursued her, never showed any interest. He was always after Scarlet, always at her side and showing his clear preference for the wild spirited woman. She wasn’t sure what she would think if she knew her man was after another. “But Scarlet-” “Scarlet doesn’t have to know,” he dismissed quickly. “Why don’t you just let us be one for the night?” She swallowed the knot forming in her throat, but she couldn’t resist the warmth she felt to be in front of him, the way her heart pounded at his gaze. She lifted a hand to press against his chest, and he leaned into it, lowering his head to hers. The room became eerily silent, and as she began to relax and take in the man before her, he snickered, an ominous low and rumbling noise. It caught her off guard, and before she could even feel her stomach drop, Trogon grabbed her arm, piercing sharp nails into her skin. She released a shrill scream, all prior peace leaving as she tried to release his grip. But it scraped down to bone, and she could see the flashes of scales on the creature, a shift between a deadly siren and the man she was fond of. It terrified her to paralysis as the creature dragged her up the stairs, snickering all the while and letting out a sharp call once above deck, she assumed to inform the others that they had caught their prey. Keagan shook wildly as she felt blood trickling down her arm, no amount of wrenching away helped. It only caused the nails to gore deeper, to get a better hold of her to take her no matter her struggle. The hope of life was beginning to fade rapidly, and she was beginning to accept her fate as no more than a meal for the wicked creatures below the sea.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 12:14 am

Quote :
The night was quiet aside from the scuffle on deck. Quail kept an ear out as he sharpened his dagger in the supply deck, not sure what to think of what he just heard. Sparks leapt from the blade in his hand, the light from the oil lantern catching in his green-hazel eyes as he focused on his dagger and mulled the situation around in his head. It sounded like there was a skirmish above deck but Quail wasn't the type to lunge at the worst possible situation. Still, it wasn't something he heard often. He pursed his lips, scratching the end of the dagger again to sharpen it. A muffled cry pricked his ears.
"AAah!"
He lifted his head, curled strands of brown hair stroking his forehead. His eyes focused in the dark from the cargo room he situated himself in. Was that a yell...at this hour? Maybe someone fell out of bed. He slid the dagger against the whetstone again, tapping his finger at the edge of the weapon to test its sharpness before sheathing it. He buckled the case to his belt. Shifting his weight off the barrel of supplies, Quail stood, then debated about whether or not he'd check it out; maybe Puffin needed some help or maybe not, might as well see. Slipping out through the door, footsteps catching the teetering floor of the ship, Quail heard the rumble of waves breaching the side of the Tainted Compass. The rest of the vessel remained quiet. Quieter than it was a few minutes ago.
Creee. The floorboards squelched beneath his feet. Quail's eyes rolled to the floor where he noticed puddles leading down the hallway; this was a little less than usual unless Puffin hit a nasty wave but he wouldn't leave his post, so why was this water here?
Stepping into the hallway fully, Quail faced the open door, leading to the deck."Doing alright, James?" He called out towards the flapping door. His brows knitted. They were close enough to call each other by their names, especially when they were checking in, but tonight Quail received no reply. There was nothing but silence and the whir of the sea.
Stepping back on his heel, the man tightened his face. Tap...tap. Water dripped behind him. He turned his gaze over his shoulder, peering through the darkness. A sharp splinter of light came in through the window and he swore there was something at the other end of the hall. Something big. A long, scaly figure stretched down the hall and into the compartment room. He saw the dappled veins in the skin stretched between its fins and the water dripping off its form. Air catching in his inhale, Quail felt a jolt of terror.
It was a dragon.
The dragon drew its head out of the compartment room. Its transparent eyelids clicked in an otherworldly way as it registered what it saw in the room, then it turned its head...directly to Quail. A vat of putrid air hissed from its nostrils. Its small limbs clawed at the ground as it drug its fishly body along the floor, caster water off its fins. A malicious hiss rattled from its long neck. It drew in closer, closer, until he could see his reflection in its sickly yellow eyes. His gaze dropped down at its sharpened claws that tore up the floor. His heart thrashed so loudly in his chest until he could hear it pounding in his ears. Whoosh. A foul cloud bathed down upon his head and the warmth roll down his spine...he couldn't move. With the end of its tail, it rolled its fins by his legs. Its spikes prodded at his boots. Quail's eyes widened and he stepped back over the tail. The creature reared its head over him and its voice broke the air.
"Little brat! You sssee me, don't you," it said. Its throat crackled like water sizzling on a fire. "Why don't you move little urchin-?!"
Quail to a strong step backward as he felt his muscles slowly returning.
Without warning, it lunged. There was nothing but teeth and papillae pointing down the dragons gullet. Quail's frozen fear seemed to vanish in a burst of instinct. His hand flashed out in front of him with his dagger squeezed between his fingers, sprinkling blood off its edge. The blade gored the dragon's maw. Scales scattered to the ground. Then in a flash, Quail cut and ran. He skidded around the corner of the hall, legs feeling wooden in fear as the dragon's teeth caught and tore the back of his vest. They managed to cut into his skin, but barely. He threw the first door behind him closed, protecting himself with a slab of wood. Quail shot around the backroom, dragging barrels and chests of assorted supplies to barricade himself inside. Shuddering while the door jolted as the dragon's teeth and claws squeezed between the frame. It was bending the door like plywood. Quail pushed his whole weight against the door, clenching his teeth, feeling every muscle in his body tighten. Hopefully someone would notice...hopefully someone would help before its teeth got a hold of him.

Quote :
Face buried in a swath of blankets, sleeping heavily on the journey home, Jericho never got up from sleep once he was out like a lantern. Curled with his blankets squeezed in his arms and wrapped up around him, the dream-realm felt realer than the world around him but somehow he found his droopy head lifting out of his nest of blankets. His head bobbed in and out of sleep; his eyes still squeezed remained closed and gradually opened but it took a few tries. When he had, he could feel his eyes stinging. He nuzzled into his blankets, yawned, and tiredly looked around in the dark. He felt like there were weights attached to each eyelid and all he wanted was sleep...
Jericho yawned in his sleeve, harder than before, feeling tears prick at his eyes and he stretched.
Something is here. Wake up...
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 7:41 pm

Quote :
Something trembled within her. A voice, a noise, a feeling - whatever it was, it unsettled her out of her sleep. Brooke sat up straight from her place cuddled into Juniper, sweat trickling down her brow. Was it really that hot in the room? She wiped her face with her sleeve and gazed down at her captain who still slept, albeit the expression she wore told her she wasn’t sleeping comfortably. Brooke couldn’t blame her, not with all the sleep she had lost in their separation. She leaned down and kissed her head before slipping out of bed, hoping to walk off the bad feeling she had in the cool sea breezes outside their doors. She changed into a simple sailor’s shirt and pants with sandals, trying to initially comb her hands through her tangled hair but was unsuccessful and simply gave up soon after. All she wanted was some fresh air. Brooke ventured out of the bedroom and out to the office area before opening the door, immediately feeling the shift in presence on deck. Something was extremely off, and she was scared at the feeling she had in her gut. What was happening on her ship? She closed the door securely behind her, now worried to leave Juniper alone, but she had to investigate what was going on and ease the turmoil she felt. The woman walked the length of the ship before she heard a series of grunting and wood groaning, even sharp edges scratching at the wood itself. She rushed to the sound down the stairs only to see Quail desperately leaning against a door that was easing itself open little by little. “Quail! What is going on?!” She ran to his side and shoved her back against the door, keeping it shut. She opened her mouth to demand an answer, when the pounding suddenly stopped on the other side. “Oh, it’s you! Please, let me out, he’s trapped me in here!” It was Juniper’s voice. Brooke’s blood instantly ran cold, and her hands began to shake. Juniper was in their cabin - there’s absolutely no way she would be down here this fast, let alone fighting against Quail. She hissed under her breath, now terrified of what Quail had trapped. “What the hell is going on?!” she whispered to her crewmate, eyes wide with fear. “That’s not Juniper is it?!”

Quote :
Meadowlark had heard a scream in her sleep, and had woken up instantly from the sound, heart pounding out of her chest. Was it a dream? There’s no way it was, it was so sharp, so chilling…she couldn’t just let it be. Sliding out of her top bunk and shuffling out of the room, she took the downstairs stairwell to the cannon room only to find some of the lanterns lit. They flickered back and forth as the ship groaned, but the longer she stood in place, the more she heard. A commotion in the deck above her, scraping against wood, and the unsettling silence that filled the spaces between. The scream never came again, but as she walked further into the room, she saw splatters of blood against one of the cannons, smearing up the stairs. She could have been sick at the sight, feeling her stomach turn. The young woman swallowed her fear quickly and rushed up the stairs, feeling the slick of blood under her feet as she raced after the captive. Sooner than later, she came upon Jericho dragging an unconscious Keagan away, hand clenched hard enough to rip her arm apart. “Get the hell away from her!” She rushed at the young man, throwing her body at him and knocking him straight to the floor, releasing his grip from her arm as she sat her weight on him, teeth clenched in a growl as she pinned his wrists to the deck floor. “What are you doing, Jericho?! What has gotten into you?!” The lights were dim under the moonlight, but it was enough to see a shine over the man’s eyes, an unnatural look to them. It was as though…as though they belonged to a creature that crept beneath the sea’s surface. Her head screamed at her to run, to salvage her own life…but she had to protect her crew. She didn’t know what was going on, but she had to at least save Keagan from dying. Pulling out her dagger she held for occasions such as this, she pinned it to the young man’s throat, seeing his appearance flicker just slightly at the action. This was not her Jericho. “What are you, and what are you doing here?!” “I was trying to help her! She cut herself badly and I was moving her to get her air and have better light to care for her!” The explanation made her pause, as it was something Jericho would do, however her pause caused the young man to take the advantage and slammed his now free hand into her jaw, causing her to launch off of him and land with a thud on the wood floors. Meadow let out a yelp, but pushed herself to stand, watching Jericho - or whatever he was - stalk over to her with a concerned look. “You have to believe me! I’m not about to let you let her die!” He grabbed her own arm, yet she felt the piercing of sharp nails into her arm, drawing blood the same that Keagan’s own arm displayed. This wasn’t normal, none of this was. “Jericho, let me go!” she screamed, hoping someone, anyone would awaken with the chaos. “Let me go!!!” But the man didn’t stop, dragging her closer to the ship’s edge where the water was churning, awaiting its sacrifices.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 2:19 am

Quote :
Beads of sweat running down his brow, Quail felt the door bend under the dragon's strength. Each hit seemed to crack it at the hinges, causing his feet to slide over the floorboards. How much would this door take, he wondered, how long until that dragon broke it down to get to him? Brooke's voice cut in from behind-“Quail! What is going on?!” Oh thank you, someone finally noticed! He felt relieved when she didn't hesitate to man the door next t him, putting her back into keeping this dragon at bay. Quail spilled out, "GOOD, thank you, Brooke, thank you...I hope it's enough but I doubt we can keep this up forever-agck." Quail was shoved forward at the force pushing harder against the door, turning on his heel to put his weight into the barricade. He scarcely heard Brooke speaking over his heavy breathing. Shooting her a look, he said,  "What!? You haven't been drinking sea water have you--that THING isn't a person!-" He was cut off as another slam on the door pushed him back. "I don't know where Puffin is! The deck door is completely open and I think that's where it got in from."
Crack. The hinge side of the door fractured down the middle, splintering at the edges and Quail backed up. His eyes widened and he slowly backed away, grabbing his weapon, hands shaking. "What are we going to do?" He asked aloud. "Brooke, is there anything we can use to kill it?"

Quote :
Wake up!
Jericho lurched up from his pillow, into silence. His dazed large eyes shot around in the dark, catching the shapes of people sleeping in the bunkbed, the shadows of the bedroom, and the streaks of moonlight coming in from the window. An unbridled magical sensation danced in his chest and he worried what it meant--what magic was nearby that he could sense? He didn't sense all types of magic so the fact he was given a warning concerned him. He set his arm under the moonlight, seeing the hair stand on end and he quickly brought in his arm, chewing on his lips. What did this mean? Slightly nervous, very curious, Jericho brushed his blankets aside, slipping down from the top bunk silently. When he reached the ground, he saw Xavier lying splayed in bed  He could hear him lightly snoring, even if he had his arm flopped over his face...so dramatic. Jericho looked over his shoulder, then nervously tugged on Xavier's blanket. "Mustache man! Hey! Mustache man! Xavier!" No response. He bit his lip harder and was about to stomp over and shake him awake, but he heard scratching and distant yelling. Jericho didn't hesitate, clambering back to his top bunk to grab his hood, then launching back down to snatch his bow and arrow from his supplies. He skidded out into the hall with bare feet, holding out an arrow. He could see remnants of illusion magic in the air, trails of it wafting through the ship hall going in a different direction of the other things.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 8:41 pm

Quote :
Brooke didn’t think it was Juniper, and Quail’s panic seemed to solidify the fact, his astoundment making her feel a bit foolish. But how could she know? Whatever was on the other side of the door was a threat to all of them, and if Juniper really was going against Quail, maybe the man had committed something so atrocious that it got her fiancee onto her legs and was fighting with all of her feverish mind to get to the man. Yet the strength it possessed…there was no way Juniper could walk properly across the deck, let alone fight with such strength to literally break down a door. Yet the voice was completely unmistakable. “He shoved me in here, he’s the one at fault! I just want to get out! Please help me, this is ridiculous!” They seemed to only gain strength as they defended, the door cracking and peeling off its hinges hit by hit. She and the man beside her wouldn’t be safe for long at this rate. She flipped through thoughts in her mind rapidly as she tried to think of a solution, memories of the past that could help them. “I have no idea what’s behind it Quail, how should I know?!” She growled under her breath, regretting not getting a weapon. “If I could get to my crossbow this would be easier, but I don’t want to leave you stranded and leaving to get anyone else would also leave us defenseless.” Was it a human in disguise? “Are you telling me you don’t hear Juniper’s voice behind the door?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 11:48 pm

Quote :
Quail heard the guttural snarls of the sea dragon, seeing plumes of mist in through the broken crack of the door. His trembling fingers tightened on his dagger. Hearing Brooke snap at him came at a surprise, why was she thinking this was a person? He knew she didn't see it, but didn't she see the mist bellowing into the room? Didn't she see its claws tearing into the door? “If I could get to my crossbow this would be easier, but I don’t want to leave you stranded and leaving to get anyone else would also leave us defenseless.” Yeah, that was a fair point; he didn't want to get chewed up either but they weren't going to get out of this one alive if they stayed here. "Do we have anything to kill monsters with--I know we ran into some creatures back when I joined but do we have anything in stock?" Quail tightened his face at her question. "No, I'm not hearing Juniper. Your ears must be clogged up from all the gunfire yesterday if this sounds like the Captain, Brooke-!" Quail's words jolted to a stop as the sea dragon threw an arm through, claws extending out, swiping just an inch from him and Brooke. A gust of wind pushed his hair back. He lurched out, stabbing his dagger right into its knuckle, tearing it out, streams of blood casting off the blade. He grabbed Brooke's wrist, tugging her in the direction she came from. "We can't stay here!!" He shouted, hearing the door explode out from the barricade behind them. "We need to sound the alarm!!" And from the back the dragon hissed and snarled, "That traitor is lying to you! Don't listen to him, Brooke! He's trying to kill me!"

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 D81e3dddebfca324d29e724a873c4f2c
Quote :
A wave exploded against the side of the ship, Meadowlark clutched the deck as Juniper dragged her by the arm. Scarlet had heard the cries, seen enough, and walked out of the open door to the under-deck. The red feather on her hat thrashed in the wind. She raced down the deck, heels knocking on the floorboard, getting Juniper's head to turn, and yanked her arm from Juniper's hand. She stood over Meadow, face-to-face with her Captain. "Menina! No, this is too far! You're not like this, what has she done?" Scarlett bunched her brow, her raven hair whisking in the air, looking back at Meadow with confusion. Juniper stepped back, a flash of animosity coming to her face before relaxing...hopefully Scarlett could talk some sense into her now, but she was surprised to even find her awake. "Your leg...is it alright?" Dark eyes rolling up to Juniper, she saw her Captain smirk. "It's alright, my leg is feeling better. I just needed to teach her some manners but I promise, I'll only lecture her. She made a terrible mistake and I have to explain it to her." "A lecture? At this hour! Amiga, you should be in bed resting, not wandering on deck being mean to your crew! This is not like you!" "I know, it's not, I've been stressed lately, I know. But trust me, just for tonight, and I'll explain tomorrow. I've been wanting to spend more time with you anyway...maybe just the two of us? Like you've wanted." Scarlett tightened her lips--wondering where this came from, now this was embarrassing. She had to trust Juniper and took a step back, still hesitating but her gut felt off. "Epa! You really know when not to talk about this don't you." Scarlett's her eyes rolled down to Meadow, seeing the dark stripes of blood on her arms. "Did you do this-?" "She did that herself. It's why I need to talk to her," Juniper said with a stern look. "Get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow, amgia." Scarlett stared down at Meadow. She looked back at Juniper, at the serious guise in her gunmetal blue eyes. They captured the unease of the sea...the way it crashed and somehow seemed so still. Then Scarlett's stern look washed away when she saw Keagan lying some ways away and her stomach dropped. "I want to trust you but you have to trust me too. That's our deal. We need to be honest with one another and you have to be honest with me. Whatever it is, let me understand it. Let me help you, I can try!" Juniper sighed loudly, stretching her hands out over her head, smiling at Meadow's scene, which only concerned Scarlett more. Junpier shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I can't keep thissss up with three people, well, you caught me," she growled lowly, a wide grin surfacing on her face. Whipping around, Juniper grabbed Keagan, tossing her overboard, snapping her head around at the other two.
Juniper lurched into a run, her speed completely terrifying Scarlett. The Captain reached out instantly, fingers outstretched to Meadow, causing Scarlett to snatch her blade, clashing it against Juniper. It seemed her Captain had a sword in the flash of a second, gritting it against Scarlett's own. One second she had no weapon and the next it was in her hands like magic. Scarlett felt herself being pushed back. She felt her heels grate against the floorboards...she was shoved back with ease. "WHY!" She cried out. She dipped her head, hat covering her face, as she used all her weight to push back--her Captain seemed to stand there like a stone wall, completely unfazed, grinning wider. "Why are you hurting us! I can't hurt you-Juniper!" "You humansss and your petty kinship," Juniper laughed. In one move, she swung her hand under Scarlett's abdomen, lifting her right up in the air. She felt the air rush fun under her feet. Scarlett's eyes went wide and watched as Juniper's body shifted beneath her...warping into a creature, sprouting fins, fangs, and sickly yellow eyes. Her body stretched over the deck, becoming serpentine and long. Scarlett's weapon dropped from her hands, she shouted out, reaching, watching as her weapon tumbled down the creature's body, beside Meadow and out of reach. Its silver shape glinted far down.  "Yes, this makes more sense now!" She exclaimed, kicking at the monster's jaw. "You are disgusting!!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 12:02 pm

Quote :
Brooke could have growled at his argument, not answering her question. But maybe she was just hearing things after all the chaos recently. It wouldn't be too much of a shock to be confused, or even sleep deprived enough, to imagine Juniper was the one attacking. The door suddenly burst behind them before she could make any further argument, and Quail grabbed her arm and yanked her away, making a bolt for it away from the door and up to deck. She could hear Juniper's hissing voice behind her, and she looked over her shoulder to see her seething fiancee, bleeding profusely from her arm. It gutted her to see it, panic rising in her chest. What was real in all of this? Who could she even trust? "My crossbow is in my quarters, if I grab that then we have a better chance. But we have to be quick. The bell is just beside the wheel, if you ring it while I grab it then you won't be alone on deck for long."

Quote :
Taurus had been sleeping soundly. His dreams were for once content, and with the crashing of the waves against the ship, he could relax and enjoy a good night of sleep. However when he heard a scream in his dream, he was suddenly awoken, and blinked open his eyes to a pitch black room. Who had screamed? Was it all in his head? Sitting up straight, he yawned and ran a hand through his hair before extending his hand out to his side - Scarlet wasn’t there anymore. Where had she gone? So many questions so early in the morning. He groaned, knowing that if she had suddenly left, something was awry. He slipped out of bed and put on his pants again, alongside a shirt slumped across his chair. After making sure his arm bandages were secure, he ventured out to deck to hear a variety of noises, mainly the angry seas and shouting from deck. The man’s steps quickened as he grabbed a nearby sword, racing up and finding Meadowlark and Keagan bleeding on the floor of the deck, alongside Scarlet being carried by - Scarlet? He blinked, wondering if he was still dreaming to see double. The one being held was punching and kicking at the other Scarlet, fighting and shouting. So that’s what he heard. Taurus was hesitant, unsure what was real and what was his mind. He raced forward and tackled the both of them, separating them on the deck with a growl. “What is going on?!” His eyes flipped between the two, but was suddenly met with Scarlet and Brooke. The hell? He really must be asleep. He staggered to his feet, fear slowly rising as he took a few breaths, pointing his sword down at the two. Brooke met him with a snarl, “none of your business, leave this to us to sort out.” “Obviously this isn’t between the two of you, Brooke,” he snapped, picking up Scarlet with an arm around her middle and pulling her away. But the pirate jumped to her feet with incredible speed, rushing forward with her sword and swinging so fast he thought he would lose his arm entirely if he hadn’t swung his own up to protect him and Scarlet. After a few more swings, he was suddenly met with Scarlet again, and he sighed out loudly with confusion. “Look, I have no idea if I’m even awake, but this isn’t normal. Back off Scarlet, or Brooke, or whatever you are!” He pushed his held Scarlet out of the way before he charged, catching the shapeshifter off guard and slashing across their chest. He was met with a metallic screech, and the creature was blown from its cover to reveal itself as a sea dragon. Pesky demon. He glared at it before he began his assault. “Scarlet, get Meadowlark and Kea off deck and safe!” he called. “I’ll take care of this fish!”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 9:06 pm

Quote :
He nodded to Brooke's suggestion and chimed in, “I can make it to the bell and maybe we can drive this thing overboard...time to show this sucker it came onto the wrong ship. I'll ward it off you the best I can.” He felt a grin spread over his face, catching the irritated sea dragon from his peripheral. The fins on its back outstretched, wasting no time coming after them with a vengeance. The dragon swung its legs forward, tearing up the floor with its long claws, sending Quail quickening his pace in fear. He and Brooke cut around the corner, his legs threatening to buckle under his shaking knees. He grabbed the dagger from its sheath, letting go over Brooke's arm as they bolted toward the deck. The monster was close behind--its teeth came within an inch of catching Brooke. Quail hated how fast these things were. "If the crew didn't know we're under attack then, they probably do now!" Quail said out loud, seeing the torn up backroom and hall they ran down, hearing the sea dragon's weight thump loudly against the deck. He and Brooke ran up toward the deck, throwing the door open, unaware that their problems had just gotten worse.

Quote :
Scarlett was released from the sea dragon's talons and she collapsed down on the deck as the dragon rose up in Taurus's direction. She could scarcely believe what she saw, Taurus, what was he doing? Idiota! He was behaving like she did when she thought the dragon was Juniper, lecturing the creature...did he see someone like she did? Probably. She watched Taurus come to her side, helping her up to her feet after yelling Brooke. Scarlett's eyes remained rather wide, her gaze turning to Taurus and then the dragon just before the creature lunged, its jaws cracking open. She ducked out of the way but Taurus held his blade out, catching it in the dragon's mouth. She saw the fangs twinkle in the light and she wanted to shudder at that ugly sight. "Taurus! What are you doing!?" Scarlett exclaimed, shielded behind his sword as he protected them from the dragon's snapping jaws. Its tongue flailed about, its tail thrashing on deck. She could smell the sickly fumes that churned from its mouth like death, creasing her nose in disdain, she hated being so close to sea dragons and this one had obviously eaten human before. While Taurus was preoccupied, she stretched her hand out, feeling the humid breath wafting on her skin, and knocked her fallen weapon into her hands. When her fingers curled around the hilt, she swiveled her head to Taurus and the sea dragon, watching as Taurus shouted at it before he pushed her out of the way and rushed in. She was impressed as he charged in with his blade and slashed the dragon's chest. She had never seen anyone go head-to-head with a sea dragon before...what an idiot, but it was cool. Scarlett hurried to Meadowlark, setting her hand on her face. "Wow, you've had an adventure today haven't you?" She teased, still breathing heavily herself. She tapped Meadow's cheek, wrapped her arm over the girl's shoulder to hoist her up to a stand. She supported her weight, looking to the below deck door to stow Meadow in safety before lending Taurus a hand. She felt her leg dragging as sharp jolts of pain shot from her knee but ignored it. Scarlett chewed her lower lip. "Come on chiquita, let's get you someplace safe," she said. Just as she began taking Meadow to the below-deck door, the door threw open. Quail and Brooke raced out and Scarlett stopped and raised her head, hand gripping her blade until her fingers felt numb.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 10:30 pm

Quote :
Finally sorting out a plan, Brooke ran alongside Quail like her life depended on it - because it literally quite did. She veered around the corners and posts, eager to make it to deck and out into a more open space where she could face whatever was chasing them head on. But before she could get ahead, she felt the wind and click of teeth at her back and she screamed, shoving the man out of the way as he opened the door only to be met by Scarlet carrying Meadowlark. Unable to get out the words, she threw herself at the two and slammed them to the deck as the dragon lunged, flying over their heads and crumbling onto the deck with a screech. However what she hadn’t realized in her panic was Scarlet’s sword, which had now sliced deep into her abdomen. Everything had halted in her vision. Her breathing became quickened, hardly seeing the dragon as she ripped herself off the two and jolted to her feet, bracing an arm around her bleeding midsection. “Get below deck! NOW!” she commanded with her stuttering breaths, the dragon finding it was now faced with multiple targets as thundering feet approached the main deck. It gave her an opportunity to run as fast as her numbing legs could take her, breathing in deeply and trying to stay conscious as she made it up the stairs and into the captain’s quarters. Brooke managed to make it to the bedroom door before she collapsed on the floor, coughing up blood onto the floor. She could hardly keep her eyes open, but in their blurriness she saw Juniper at her side, yelling at her in garbled words, and curses, and grabbing something nearby to put pressure on her wound. Her chartreuse eyes met her lover’s, gripping the hand that held onto her so tightly before her vision faded from her and all went quiet.

Quote :
”BROOKE!” The scream echoed as Juniper clung to her, her makeshift tourniquet managing to hold the wound closed just enough to stop the pouring blood seeping into the floor. The shock of awakening so suddenly to her injured partner hadn’t settled in yet, and she couldn't figure out what to even do. She had to get control, had to see what was causing such a massive uproar behind her door. But she couldn’t just leave Brooke alone. She was powerless. Trembling in her growing panic, she ran to their closet and pulled out Brooke’s arm crossbow, strapping it to herself and grabbing a quiver of bolts before she bent down to her lover again. With a heaving grunt and a bit tongue to withhold another yell, she lifted Brooke into her arms and ignored the pain searing through her leg as she ran to the door, and opened the door to utter chaos and ruin. Blood was splattered across the wood, cries and shouts thrown into the cold air and crashing into the seas. She saw her crew fighting for their lives. All this time she had been laying asleep, unaware that death had reached her shores. My crew is dying. It took everything within her as she ran to the wheel, placing Brooke beside it and keeping a tight hold of the wrappings with her foot as she rang the bell, waking anyone else up who was not awake before she began to veer the boat, hoping to set the enemy off course, whatever it was. All she knew is that she saw duplicates of Brooke running across the deck, and she knew her mind was playing tricks on her. The sea water and the blood was mingling too close to her sleep-addled head. But she had to save who she could. Whatever it was that was taking hold of her family, she would make sure it never ventured near them again.

Quote :
Meadowlark couldn’t leave Keagan behind. She had seen the woman be tossed overboard, and even if she was no longer alive under the waves, she had to recover her friend, her crewmate. Scarlet had no idea that anyone else had been affected. “Scarlet, wait-” Before she could make a plea, the door burst open and Brooke was there with Quail, taking them in for only a second before she and Scarlet were slammed to the deck. Her head rang with the impact, and she instantly felt warmth atop her - blood. Blood was coming from somewhere, and it was coming fast. She didn’t have to ponder for long though as Brooke rolled to her feet, and she could see even in the darkness the dark stains covering her clothes. The creature that had lunged through the doorway roared, and Meadow began to feel herself cry, unable to see clearly anymore. “S-Scarlet, Scarlet are you okay?!” She ignored the wounds in her arm as she sat up, pulling her superior up and then both to their feet. “J-J-J….Jericho threw Keagan overboard,” she spoke, beginning to sob in her shock, in the fear that had now consumed her very being. “Sh-She could be dead, we have to-we have to get her back! P-P-Please don’t let her be l-left behind, not again!” She was going to go after the woman herself when the ship lurched to one side, and she tumbled onto the deck again with a yelp, hitting the wall of the ship and feeling more pain surge down her spine. It was all she could do to not lay there until it was all finished. But she had to get to safety, had to do something…Pushing herself up with her working arm, her eyes flickered to the deck, where many of her crew were now fighting off the beasts, and then to the wheel, where Juniper gripped the wheel of life and wore the determination of the gods. A sort of relief came to her spirit, and though it did not ease her panic, she knew there was at least a chance, a chance they would all make it out.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 10:19 pm

Quote :
Quail managed to make it only a few steps from the door, falling down on the deck as Brooke's ear-piercing cry rang in his ear and the dragon swung over them. The world felt slow motion. He saw the shadow of the dragon gradually inch over his face, his eyes rolled upward, examining the smooth underbelly when it leaped over them. He blinked his eyes; everything was a blur. He didn't have the time to see Scarlett and Meadow, he only felt his body hit the deck and the ringing in his ears. Just as his mind began replaying Brooke's scream, he watched the dragon's weight hit the ship and its elongated body slither back into a stand. Quail was on his chest on the deck and he pushed himself upward in a frantic daze. “B-Brooke...Brooke,” he said, barely being able to speak. When he looked at her, he saw her blood running off her abdomen. He looked at his hands, seeing her blood. The red liquid shimmered against the light of the moon, slipping down the creases in his hands, pattering to the floor. His stomach twisted. Brooke hurried off, he could hear her footsteps echo down towards the Captain's Quarters and he ran his hand on his dagger, shaking violently. This is what war felt like. Quail saw one dragon fighting Taurus and his dragon rearing its head towards him, Keagan, and Scarlett. He dipped his chin, feeling droplets of water run off his face and he stood ahead of them. He held his small dagger in his hands, knowing it would barely scratch a dragon but there was little else he could do. When the alarm bell rang, the dragon's pupils contracted. The ship lurched, sending most of the crew off their feet. He could hear a snarl thunder up the dragons' long neck and Quail twitched. The creature twisted forward, raising its body far over them, slashing Quail aside with its claws. He must have felt like nothing as he capsized onto the deck, sliding weightlessly across the Tainted Compass's wet floor. He could hear his attire tear. The air was knocked from his lungs. He looked up, seeing the dragon's finned tail slam down and circle around him. He squeezed his hand up from between its grip, choking on air and he raised his dagger. He drove it down into its tail. The blade sunk through the scales. The dragon let out a roar, outstretched his tail in a whoosh, and whipped Quail into the air. With his dagger still embedded into its tail however, his weapon sliced straight through its fins. He flew into the air, overboard, and to the cold sea. One moment he was weightless, the next he was plunged in the water, bursting through the surface, choking on the sea.
Quote :
Scarlett knocked her head against the deck as she fell. She dug her hand through her hair as picked herself off the floor, hissing. She noticed her sword streaming in Brooke's blood. "Brooke, my goodness-" there was no time to address what had happened. Brooke ran off, Scarlett squeezed Meadow's hand. The girl was in shock, sitting up, asking if she was okay. Scarlett winced as she was helped up, gazing into Meadow's watery eyes and she set her hands on her face, brushing her tear away with her thumb. "I'm okay, and don't worry, I'll get Keagan, querida, she's not lost," she said. She placed a comforting kiss on the girl's forehead. Scarlett's brows snapped and lowered as she pulled her sights away as the ship lurched beneath them, knocking her and Meadow to the floor. She felt her ribs bruise, groaned, and picked herself back up, shoulders hunched over. A sea dragon clawed its way over, swiping Quail aside. Scarlett growled, aching. Quail had managed to get the dragons' attention and the woman watched Meadowlark sob on the floor. Scarlett slumped over, ignoring the dragon, scooping the girl into a protective embrace. The waters were too dangerous, as was the deck. She couldn't get Keagan, not right now. "I won't leave you," she murmured. "Just listen to me, I'll keep you safe." Squeezing onto the girl, she positioned her blade in front of her face, glaring right at the dragon as it turned its head. Saliva or sea water rolled off its fangs. The waters around clapped like thunder and Scarlett readied for whatever hell it wanted to bring.
Quote :
Groggily pulling his head up from the pillow, Xavier finally registered the sound of the ship's alarm bell. Most of the crew began putting on their shoes or rushing to tell others--Xavier perked a brow but not out of interest. He yawned, rolling towards the wall in bed and nestled himself into his blankets. They'd take care of it. His eyelids drooped over his eyes again and he laid there until the room went silent again, much to his pleasure. "Ah, much better," he mumbled. He stretched comfortably, then snuggled into his blankets again...tap tap! Xavier opened one eye. There was a thumping just outside the door. Tap...TAP...SKrr. Something sharp pivoted at the door and the man rolled his eyes, hoping whomever it was would move on. It was in the bloody middle of the night, he hoped nobody would encourage him to participate in whatever was going on. Xavier grumbled in his thoughts, then the boat lurched. He flew upward, knocking his head on the bottom of Jericho's bunk, giving a muffled exclamation. "BY ALL THINGS! The abhorrence living conditions of a boat--why, I have gone ABSOLUTELY mad! It is official, I have lost my mind! Yes, I have lost my mind and by the end of this bloody night I will have torn off my mustache and shoved it down Juniper's throat" Xavier swung out of bed, rubbing his head furiously. "Boat-licking scallops..." Groaning loudly, Xavier heard a bang at the door behind him. He jumped up, eyes growing wide and he turned his gaze very slowly over his shoulder. He saw a man. The man held a closed umbrella, donned a coat with black fur collar, a pencil mustache, and sharp blue eyes. Darius? Darius??
"AH-yes this blasted ship. I've gone unconscious-but I shouldn't be surprised," Xavier snapped, setting his hands on his hips, cocking his head. He narrowed his eyes on Darius. He ignored the way his heart fluttered. "Though this is a convincing display, I don't think those shoes with that coat...Darius would never. It's far too sensible." He sighed, "Go on then, go and tell me you've moved on like you always do in these dreams." Folding his arms, Xavier snapped his eyes away. "I'll twiddle my thumbs and ignore you while I wait."
"This isn't a dream, it's very real," Darius said, taking a suave step forward, the umbrella perched at his side like a cane. "I came here for you, don't you know that?"
"You, what, rode on your umbrella to get here? We are in the middle of nowhere." Xavier snickered and Darius seemed bothered by that fact. "No, no, Darius is very far away. Only I or Juniper could manage to get this far out into sea...with the slim hope of finding this ship, not you. Never you."
Darius stepped in further. "Then this is a dream! Yes. I suppose it must be!" He chuckled, the sea dragon fixing its wording, "It doesn't have to be terrible though. This isn't one of those cruel dreams and I can feel you missed me."
"No, no. Don't look into it. I'm better than fine without you. Truly peachy."
"My that be so hard to handle all that guilt, especially when I'm here now and you act so hurt. We can be together," Darius said, offering his hand to take.
Xavier stared down at it. His brow twitched and he unfolded his hands as though he wanted to but looked away. He felt something inside him tug when he did. "My, you may look an awful lot like Darius but you certainly don't have his honeyed words--'we can be together.' Please. Do I have to stand here and wait for this to be over or can I explore and conjure up a nice beach with a coconut drink? You can throw more haphazard one-liners my way then." Xavier propped his elbow sassily on the arm wrapped over his abdomen. He blinked his eyes, taking a breath to brush this attempt aside. Darius's fingers curled back and he looked at him.
"If it's a dream, why don't you give in? It doesn't matter."
Xavier looked down. He looked back at Darius and his voice went soft and low. "It does. You're not him...not really."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next