Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Animals Within - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 am

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar, Adelaide

Angeline felt her cheeks burn as Theo kissed the top of her head and told her he'd be back, perhaps it was for the gesture but she doted on how loving he was. So thoughtful, so considerate. Theo was the man anyone could depend upon and it was certainly an incredible attribute she appreciated. She murmured 'aright' back with a pleased smile, passing it onto Adelaide as she bubbled about a potential future they thought of. "Oh I'm gonna look extra hard now to find one now!! I bet I can find one by the end of the winter solstice...uhh, but then again, I've always been so bad at this stuff. I'm certainly not the girl to set anyone up together, but if I see an opportunity I'll try my best! You should probably be the one to do the chasing, Addy!" She giggled, the bridge of her nose softly turning pink by the end of Adelaide's next words. Oh my she was right! She was such a small little deer among such huge elk! She hadn't even thought of it before, this would be the first event she and Theo would attend to as a couple. "Oh no! I could get trampled! AHH!" She laughed, tears coming to her eyes as her cheeks grew sore. "I just have to ride in on my Theo's hunky shoulders and then I should be safe! Nobody would be able to reach me on him!"
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 3:05 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

Adelaide laughed gleefully, leaning her hip against the dining table and twirling one of the ornaments in her hand. Angeline was correct, matchmaking wasn’t her strongest suit. As sweet as the young woman was, she tended to trip over herself too much to set up third party dates. But on the other hand, she had grabbed a mighty fine man for herself, so maybe there was a method to her ways. “I’ll be cheering for you! But I’ll keep you updated on how my own quest goes. My family is nice, and it’s wonderful having a bigger and more spacious homestead in the town, however, settling down nearer my sister is a much more fun prospect.” She then grinned wide at Angel’s realization, eyes twinkling. “No kidding! I bet he’s almost as big as Mordecai himself with that body, what do you think? He could power through any crowd, and I’d pay to see it.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

A trill of giggles slipped from Angeline's lips as she rocked back on her heel, listening to Adelaide's playful banter. She was so spunky and quick with her words, Angel admired her vivacious spirit. "Good!! I can't think of anything better than having you around more often, things get pretty quiet and your family brings a nice little spark to the village. We missed you...but of course I do the most." She said, coming forward before setting her forefinger on her chin and glancing off into the distance. "Ooo, you may have a point, I guess I have my own personal chauffeur around crowds now too! That will take some time to get used to." She laughed, checking back over her shoulder as she wondered if Theo had any troubles finding her stuff, then passed her glance back to Adelaide. "Have you been meaning to see anyone else? We're all getting ready for our winter solstice so now may be the best time to pop your head in and say hello," she giggled. "I'm about done here, but I don't mind chatting if you have no one else to see!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

Adelaide laughed cheerfully, waving her hand towards her soul-sister. “Of course you missed me the most! Who else can’t resist my presence? Well, actually I’d hope a few of those men out there, maybe even one of those Sambar boys, couldn’t either - but we will see.” She grinned with a teasing wink. “I did miss you too though. The sights and sounds I saw and experienced, ah, you would have loved it I’m sure. Oh! And speaking of, I’ll have to bring you some of the dried fruits I brought from our last travels. They’re so delicious, and you’d absolutely love them. I just about died when I first tasted them. Maybe Theo would appreciate them too, though I don’t know where he even comes from to know if he’s had them before!” Curiosity sparked further in her chest towards Angeline’s new lover. Such an odd circumstance, a massive elk who could likely defeat any deer in his path was lesser acquainted with deer life, especially the village itself. Though Addie was a waterbuck, she felt comfortable here as much as anywhere else, and coudln’t imagine what it would be like not being raised in that kind of community. So many questions she needed to ask him, so many things to understand. Angel could probably help though, as obviously the girl knew much more about him. They were dating after all. Still grinning, she nodded at the comment about Angel’s new chauffeur before she asked if she herself had been able to see anyone else in town. “Pushing me away so soon? I’m impressed, Theo’s really got you wrapped around his finger,” she teased heavily, nudging her shoulder. “Regardless, I basically just beelined for your home! We just got here after settling into my parent’s home so I’m still a little rattled. I think I’d see everyone at the solstice meal regardless, and it might be a bit crazy with everyone doing preparations...who do you think would even be out and about at this time? I smelled some amazing things walking here, but I couldn’t place too many people walking around. Like I said, I went straight to you!”

Quote :

Theodemar

“Leaving so soon?” Theo piped up behind a corner, smiling as he entered with the tree he was able to find. He was fairly certain it was the correct one, carrying it into the living space to set up off to the side. Angeline could tell him where its correct place was, but for now, it was out and ready for decorating. From the looks of it, she really loved the spirit of the season. How long would it take to put everything up? “I can’t say I’ve even exited the house today though, I couldn’t tell you who is actually out in the snow. Maybe the kids.” He chuckled at his own words, dusting his hands off and walking over to the two again. “That’s another thing I need to learn. Names.” “You better learn mine pretty quick then, or it’s gonna be awkward for you calling me ‘waterbuck’ every time I come visit.” Theodemar couldn’t help but laugh fully, shaking his head with his brown hair brushing across his forehead. “I know your name, miss Adelaide.” “And don’t you forget it!” “I don’t think I’d even have a choice.” “That’s right! Angel, like I said, you got a good one.” When the waterbuck woman grinned even wider at his girlfriend, the elk smiled, still chuckling. Such different auras between the two of them, but not unwelcome. He missed such interaction being stuck in the manor for so long.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:02 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

"Oh my. Well I certainly hope so too, if not, sometime here in the future! Like I said, we need to have group dates," Angeline enthused before her brows lifted to Adelaide's experience of the outside world. She wished she could imagine it! The sights, the sounds, the people...she began to regret never following them on their adventures. She was always torn between wanting to see what was out there and leaving her flowers and the village behind, but she always ended up making the same decision. Maybe with Theo it would be different, maybe someday. Either way, she was grateful Adelaide always brought something back from the outside world. Her eyes lit up at once. "YES! I would love to cook with those too if you have any extra! Berries in bread is seriously the best combination and I cannot help but think about the potential!" Her excitement was quickly smothered in shyness at Adelaide's comment about pushing her away and having her wrapped around Theo's finger. She blushed at once, keeping herself from giggling softly at her embarrassment. Adelaide's little nudge only made it worse, and a few laughs slipped out. "Noooo, that's not it!" She shoved her back playfully with a slight scorn. "Oho and I'm glad you went straight to me, if you went anywhere else first I might have held a bit of a grudge! I don't know who's around right now, but I'm sure if you poke your head out and wander around you'll bump into some old faces. OH! We have a baby predator we're taking care of, I recommend saying hello to him too he is so cuuuute! Things are so crazy around here right now." She explained with a slightly less happy laugh, things still had to unravel and be adjusted. She was just glad not much more had happened this year. Angeline's head turned to Theo when he entered, with a smile present on her face, she felt her joy bubble up inside her. She watched the two banter back and fourth, seeing they would get along perfectly...not that she had any doubts to begin with! She laughed quietly to herself, quietly holding her own hands behind her back as she rocked from her toe to her heel.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

”Yes, group dates! Makes me want to find a man even quicker, just to have that experience. Though you and I have plenty of time to spend together before then as well! You’ll have to go through all the details of you and Theo.” At Angeline’s excitement over the fruits she mentioned, Adelaide laughed in glee, setting a hand on her hip. “I’ll see how much I have! You might be able to make one or two loaves out of what I set aside for you, but maybe I’ll look into my personal stash and see if I can’t lend you some of those.” Laughter settling to a giggle, she watched as her sister’s face grew red and nudged her, causing her own eyes to sparkle in great amusement. She missed having Angel’s energy on her travels, and it was wonderful to be in her presence again. At the mention of a baby predator though, her eyebrows raised, completely intrigued by such a confession. That was right, Angel was very innocent in the ways of the outside world still, including predators and their impact. She wondered what Mordecai thought of it all, but obviously the man accepted it in some part if it was allowed to stay here. “A predator, you say? Now that’s enough to get me out of your hair,” she teased, but was genuinely curious. “I actually may have to go see that before the bustle of the festival. I will meet up with you though once it's dinner time!” Exchanging her banter with Theodemar, she went up and hugged the both of them, grinning still. She definitely liked Theo’s strength of his hug, warm and protective. No wonder Angel was so drawn to him. Taking a step back from them both, she laughed a little bit more as she watched them. “Oh man, I need to come watch you lovebirds soon. But I’ll leave you to finish up your preparations and decorating! I don’t want to get in the way of you teaching Theo about all the amazing traditions we have here. I’ve got the bread all sliced up and ready for you. If you need me, you know where to find me!” Giving a wave and a playful blow of a kiss to Angeline, she left out the door, the tails on her coat fluttering in the winter winds as she did so.

She did love the atmosphere of the town and all the energy it contained. She could practically sense the anticipation in the air, preparations in every home as glorious scents wafted from windows and chimneys. How she wished she had something to make herself… she did help Angel, but not in a way that truly mattered. Maybe she would have to ask her family to provide some ambient music, so that she would still have a part in everything. Swiftly shifting into her waterbuck form, Adelaide cantered through the snow down blocks of homes, keeping her eyes out for anyone and keeping her form out of the way of children enjoying the weather as their parents prepared. Such a wonderful village, she wished her family had moved here rather than the more congested city some miles away. Her hooves sunk into the inches of soft plush snow, and making her rounds around, she eventually landed on the street she recognized, one where the famous Aunt Sophia resided. That was certainly someone she wanted to see, as she was a woman who knew just about everyone and could certainly find a task for her to do. At least, Addie hoped so. Approaching the home, she saw she wasn’t the first one to come to the home. A younger woman talked to two people on the steps before making her way into the home. Seemed the older woman inside was popular. Chuckling under her breath, she trotted up and shifted before walking the rest of the distance to the steps, now recognizing Atticus sitting on one side of the porch stairs, the woman beside him someone she didn’t recognize, holding a small fluffy orange being in her arms. When she approached, she heard the little being give a squeak, straining his ears in her direction. She almost melted in the snow at it, but first put her attention towards the young man, a wide grin on her face. “Atticus! It’s been a hot minute, hasn’t it?” She wished she could give him a hug, but that would be rather awkward in his current position. “Man, Aunt Sophia’s got quite the crowd on her front lawn. Y’all keeping the attention at bay?” Walking up the couple steps, she plopped herself down between them, the space now a bit tight but not uncomfortable, her eyes looking to the woman beside her. “You must be…?” “Aaliyah,” the woman responded with a soft smile, “I’m new in town.” “I heard there was a new little predator in town from Angeline, this must be him! Are you his mother, or his caretaker, or?” “His mother, yes. I’m a snow leopard.” Adelaide saw discomfort begin to crawl across her features, and her heart softened. “Oh! Well welcome to the town. I’m hoping Atticus was a gentleman in showing you the place. At least, that’s what I imagine he’s doing here with you. Can I hold your little one?” The woman looked shocked, but didn’t have any audible complaint as she slowly handed over the cub. The cub squeaked again, but nuzzled himself comfortably in Adelaide’s arms, now even more curious at Atticus and this new woman he was being held by. Addie scratched his ears, not as intimidated as others may be, and grinned over to Atticus. “So! How have you been, Atticus? Shed your antlers yet?” she teased. “I’d hope not, with the rut coming up. Gotta beat the other guys after all. Can’t say I won’t be cheering for you from the sidelines, but my attention may be a little stretched. Too many good looking guys competing this year.” She winked over at Aaliyah, who seemed a bit confused by the interaction, before turning her attention back to the stag. “You think you can win against the other stags this year?”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theo smiled through the exchange, trying to latch onto everything Adelaide said before she rushed out the door to go see the new arrival. He let out a huff of a laugh in surprise, looking down to Angel before letting out the rest of his breath. “Your, what should I call her, sister? Is quite something,” he teased softly, reaching a hand up to rub her back. “Not unwelcome, though. I think she will be fun to talk to.” Catching his breath and his attention again, he glanced around at what they had. “Okay, well now that we’ve got everything set out, what’s our first step?” he asked. “We have the decorations as well as the food, what should we work on?” He looked down to his clothes and realized he wasn’t exactly dressed for going out, wearing a simple cotton shirt and some leather pants. It wouldn’t work very well in the winter weather outside, and the short breeze from Adelaide’s leave made him realize it more that he’d likely freeze outside.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 7:01 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Aaliyah; Adelaide

Stray snowflakes glided down from the sky, a rush of the winter air whistled along the barren tree trunks, catching in Atticus's ear when a moment of silence drew between him and Aaliayh. They talked quietly, no more than a soft murmur while deer ambled through the village after every half hour or so. The man had his hands together as he was sat forward, watching the red ball of fluff Aaliyah held in her arms. He smiled softly, making a comment about something or other when she heard a familiar voice pique his attention. Brows raising, Atticus's eyes lifted to catch none other than Adelaide, which caught him off guard, and not necessarily in a bad way. He hadn't seen her in years, even though her family came by the village every so often, he had previously been whisked into Lythedh's Estate so he hadn't seen or heard from her since. She was fun to be around, certainly a spitfire. He couldn't help the smirk from escaping his lips and the smile that followed it. "Wow, yeah no kidding," Atticus said with a soft chuckle, gently leaning back to include her conversation as she plopped down between them. He chuckled at her exchange with Aaliyah, admitting he was at least a bit internally unsure how it would go. Adelaide had seen more of the outside world than most, but she reacted well...that was one of the things about the community he liked, despite Aaliyah being a predator, she was welcomed with little hesitation. He watched her offer to hold the cub, nestling it into her arms and scratching it behind its folded ears. He passed a glance at Aaliyah before hearing Adelaide's question, and responding with a small shake of his head. "Ahh, man, sometimes I wished they'd pop right off, that would be nice...I'm not quite as riled up with these big events as most." He said with a quick smile, "come on, you guys get the good life. I'd rather stand back with you, eating, chilling, and cheering...that sounds so much better than sticking myself between blood-thirsty stags fighting hoof and heel to woo their dames, who probably only flock to these sorts of bucks and not me. Nah. I'd rather not stick myself between that -would you?" A huff of air condensed in the air as he puffed it from his lips and folded his arms sassy-like with a laugh. "Don't answer that, I think I already know." He looked past Adelaide to Aaliyah, knowing how she wouldn't have known anything about what was taking place. "During the winter solstice, we have a rut event," he explained. "Full of testosterone pumped bucks and raging hormones. It's a little wild," he chuckled.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar

She beamed at Adelaide's agreement, anytime she had the opportunity to try new foods, especially berries, her day was already made. This was better than she could have hoped for. Giggling, she watched her soul-sister step away, biding her adieu with a wave and a playful blow of a kiss. Angel waved, "okay!! I'll see you at dinner! Keep me updated with everything, okay! You're the best Adelaide, thank youuu!" She smiled, waving all the way until Adelaide was fully out of the door, she wished she could have given her a hug or shown her gratitude in some other way. "Yeah she's the greatest," she gushed, passing a glance back to Theo. "OH! Right! Well we need to make everything look presentable! There are some decorative plates in the box you pulled out, I will use those for the bread. We'll need to wash them and...hmm..." She tapped on her chin, looking up to think. "Let's see, I have the soup, the bread. I should probably take some bowls for extra in case others don't have any and some silverware."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 7:42 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

Sitting between the two, Adelaide found herself grinning from ear to ear at Atticus’ attention towards her and his replies. She had missed her friend. Though she had been traveling plenty, and had mingled with multiple people in the village throughout the times she had been here, it was nice to be back in conversation she knew and could count on for companionship. Now that her family settled nearby, maybe she could truly become better friends with more people here, especially Aaliyah and her cub. The little one, who she realized she didn’t ask the name of, seemed to purr now that he relaxed in her arms, enjoying the scratches and pets he was receiving. “Hey, nobody’s stopping you from joining us! Put on a nice dress, giggle over the men, and cheer for your favorite! I think you’d have a grand time,” she said, her grin almost seeming to lengthen despite her cheeks hurting already. “And oh boy, you’re risky asking that question in the first place. You know dang well I’d be in the midst of it all, throwing males down left and right. It’d be such a thrill. Alas, I have no antlers, and I’m but a simple doe looking for her true love,” she spoke the last part softly in dramatics, putting a hand to her heart with a teasing, dreamy sigh off in the distance. “Woe is the doe!” She was unable to hold her composure for much longer as she burst into giggles, noticing that even Aaliyah next to her was laughing under her breath at the performance. “I do look forward to seeing everyone compete though. Maybe I will land a guy this year, I haven't been too lucky before. Angeline’s apparently got a hunk of a man on her arm, I want one on mine too!” Laughing, she nudged Aaliyah, listening to Atticus explain the rut to her. The woman nodded slowly, taking it in with a small smile. “Certainly sounds wild,” she mused, eyes steady on the man for a few moments before her eyes met Adelaide’s dark ones. “You’re welcome to attend, Aaliyah! Angel and I could totally show you the ropes, maybe someone would be interested in having you cheering for them.” Still grinning, she watched the snow leopard smile a little more, shrugging her thin shoulders. “Perhaps. But I don’t mind spending time with both of you during the rut and festivities. Atticus though, I feel he’d have his hands full with three women if he followed us.” “You said it, he’d regret his decision.” Laughing, Adelaide leaned her back against Aaliyah’s shoulder for a second to brace herself before sitting up straight again. “But hey, if you don’t have a lady to fight for, you can totally just join the first battle and put up a little fight before letting the other stag win. Then you could still say you participated, and join us the rest of the time! You might have to put up with girl talk like I said, but then you wouldn’t break your antlers. Speaking of, will you just be competing against red stags? Or will you be competing against someone like Theo?” She wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. “That’d be interesting, see how you hold up against a man like him.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theodemar listened to her list things off before nodding intently, finding the plates he pulled out of the box. “I do like these plates,” he told her, going to the sink and beginning to wash them off. “Did you get these from Aunt Sophia as well, or just from your own purchases? I haven’t seen ones like these before, though I can’t say I’m well informed about plates and things,” he teased softly over to her with a smile. “And these are different than the ones in your cabinet.” Getting the dust off of the plates and washing them off swiftly, he put them on the wooden rack off to the side, picking up what he assumed to be a dish cloth and beginning to dry them off. “If you need me to wash any of the bowls or cutlery I can as well. How many are you thinking of bringing? And how many people are we expecting at this festival again?” This would be his first time participating in such an event, and if he was being honest, he was nervous about how the others would perceive him there, especially being at Angel’s side. He was not attuned to elk behaviors, nor the ways of the village. It had been a few months since he had arrived, but even then that wasn’t enough to get into the flow of everything. He had just asked Angeline to be his girl after all, and told her he loved her. It was leaps and bounds apart from being a true manitoban elk amongst others of his kind. He had been trying though, slowly but surely, joining the elk in their group grazings or speaking with them on occasion. Hopefully this event would introduce him to more people that he could befriend. If there was anything he needed the most, other than Angeline, it was a good secure friend group. Something better than predators eyeing him, waiting to see when he’d be the meal for that night.

Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Atticus's shoulders curled at the image of him "putting on a nice dress and giggling over the men." It was not enough to elicit too much of a reaction, but it was enough for him to shift in his seat uneasily. He didn't want to be misinterpreted that way, especially when he was the one to talk about it...but that was well and fine though. He knew Adelaide's sense of humor was like that and he knew Aaliyah has been around him well enough to know that wasn't the case. His self-consciousness fell away at these reminders and he laughed quietly. "Yeah I felt that was right up your alley! If you did show up and throw guys down left and right, do let me know, I'd cheer for ya," he teased and smiled at her scene. "Alas, I have no antlers, and I’m but a simple doe looking for her true love,” Adelaide droned, acting dramatic to emphasize her point by setting her hand on her heart with a sigh. He arched his brow, smirking. He wasn't quite sure what to say about this 'boy talk,' given how...he was one and he didn't exactly know how to contribute. "I'd be more inclined to lend you my place in the rut, but something tells me that wouldn't go over too well. I could snap mine off and strap them to your head, and you can play along as a newcomer though. That'd be funny." Atticus offered up with a snarky grin. His eyes met Aaliyah's when she gave her quick comment, before she and Adelaide talked back and forth for a while. Aaliyah mentioned how Atticus may have had his hands full with three women during the festival, to which he chuckled and slumped back a little. "I'm not bouncing off girls left and right if that's what you mean, I'm more focused on my family here and making the most of my time." He said, passing Adelaide a glance, not really commenting more than that. He partially needed his space, but he also didn't mind talking every once in a while. He shook his head with a chuckle at Adelaide as she wiggled eyebrows and asked about deer competing against another. "Oh -boy, asking all the big questions. We usually just compete within our own species, but then its species against species after that's done. Partially for fun, partially for glory...not too sure I'd like to go up against Theo though. He's more trained than most others...have you never been to our Winter Solstice rut, Addy?"

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Angeline's eyes shifted to Theo as he took the decorative plates to wash them down before asking where they came from. As usual, her expression lit up and she hurried into her cabinets to fetch the other supplies she needed. "That is a very good question. I've had them for so long...I think they came from the Mules - that's the family just up the ridge, they give out nice things all the time. That was back when I had my house first built if it was, they do really sweet stuff like that." Angel giggled, "so expect a knock at your door from them when you have your own place, or I guess when you're officially moved in somewhere!" She collected the silverware and bowls, placing them on the counter-top. "Sure, and I'll help you if that's alright. We'll be having the whole village so like a hundred-fifty or so. The food I have isn't enough for all that obviously, but we all come together with our prepared meals and its more than enough by the end." She explained, taking the collection of bowls and setting it on the counter beside the sink where Theo was. She slid next to him, pulled up her sleeves, and handed him the first bowl. "Kinda like us! We work together and get more done than we could alone," she said with a loving smile, detecting his underlying anxiety in his face.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

Adelaide listened to Atticus with bright eyes, the man not responding quite as enthusiastically as she expected but still offering some wonderful teasing and commentary regardless. It made her grin continue, giggling as she imagined the man cheering for her in such a testosterone-filled tournament, especially wearing his antlers. If she wasn’t so enthralled with the day’s activities, she may have blushed at such an institution, wearing a man’s antlers to a rut. But she only thought of it as amusing, and did like the thought of having antlers in general. She did miss having them herself at times. “Imagine their shock to see a waterbuck with antlers! I’d be the talk of the rut I think, a true stud of my species. No lady can resist a good pair of antlers! Though maybe that’s not the attention I’d want to get. That, and the fact that I bet they’d fall off with the first collision… I do want to try on your rack at some point though. Let me know when you shed,” she teased with a wink, still scratching behind the cub’s ears as he purred softly and drifted his bright blue eyes closed. She was going to respond to his comment on his group of girls, but Aaliyah got to him first. “No, no, I meant just...being around us in general, talking about the rut and the ones competing in it. I feel you’d feel overwhelmed by our conversation is all.” Adelaide noticed a certain tone to her voice, a nervousness that seemed new as the snow leopard looked to the man across from her. So quick to explain herself and clear the misunderstanding. Quite peculiar. She had obviously missed something while she was away, and almost wanted to interrogate Aaliyah about everything later. She was going to regardless, but something about the way she spoke to Atticus was interesting. Shrugging it off in the meantime however, she nudged the woman playfully. “Oh yeah, see Atticus, you'd run into the ground with our fangirling. One girl is enough talking about some man she likes, but three? You’d just about lose your antlers right then and there.” She hoped hopping on Aaliyah’s train would help. The red stag then explained the basics of her question, seeming curious why she asked it. Adelaide continued to grin despite his curiosity. “It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been to one! And I don’t know what’s changed since I attended one last. I wasn’t able to snag a guy last time, maybe that’s why I left.” She giggled, shaking her head. “Nah, but imagine if I was that vain. I’d be so miserable. I’m excited to see this rut and celebration though regardless! New faces, new activities, it’ll be a good time.”

Quote :

Theodemar

As Angeline explained the origin of the dishes he washed and dried, he noted the Mule family in his memory and nodded. He had seen some families up the hill but hadn’t approached them quite yet. However, now knowing that they were a kind family and had shown Angel hospitality, he wanted to meet them even if just to thank them for taking care of Angel. Perhaps a pathetic reason to visit, but regardless, the more people protecting Angeline the better. She mentioned them likely visiting him if he had a house, and he bit his tongue slightly as he worked. In all honesty, he had settled in with her well, and didn’t really enjoy entertaining the idea of leaving, moving out. He had spent too much time alone among strangers to stay apart from his only family. Was she expecting him to move out? The thought brought a knot to his throat and he tried to ignore it best he could as he worked. She finished off with comparing the village and the meal to the two of them working life out together, and that eased his anxiety a bit, looking down and smiling at her, shoulders easing their tension. She was right, things were easier together, and this celebration was a symbol of that, as she had said earlier. Depending on one another allowed for survival. That was likely why living under Lythedh was so difficult - actually, he didn’t even need to wonder about that. Yes, it was the reason why it was difficult. With no family as a prey animal among predators, it was impossible to think about anything but surviving. For once, he could relax and enjoy the presence of loved ones without the fear of being hunted. “You can say that again,” he mused with a wider smile, “and again and again. It’s why I like living here, among the deer in the village. Everyone helps each other. Outside of here, it’s everyone for themselves. Aaliyah expressed the same when I chatted with her recently, she had to go through the same thing. I think she will enjoy this festival as much as I can, or at least as much as possible with everything that happened. She needs someone to take care of her, like how I enjoy taking care of you.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Atticus sputtered out a laugh as Adelaide her antlers would have probably fallen off by the first collision. He liked to imagine the roaring laughter in the crowd at such a sight, seeing the first hit that would cause her antlers to go flying off her head. Wouldn't be much of a match. Amusement suddenly falling from his face, Atticus rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a hint of warmth dust his cheeks when Adelaide told him to keep her informed when his next shed was. "Ah, I think it's fine leaving well enough alone for now, but who knows, you might get lucky," he chuckled with a slight bashfulness. His eyes moved to Aaliyah as she spoke up about what she had meant before, and the man couldn't help but agree there. "You're probably right about that," he said with a small smile. "As much as I'm sure you both would hold great conversations, that doesn't sound like the topic for me." He said, glancing to Adelaide as he found his smile growing. His shoulders shook as he laughed, leaning back slightly. "Oh phew! Y'know I nearly had a heart attack there. I'm so glad to have that reminder, sometimes I wonder if somehow you changed into this vain, man-hungry doe," Atticus teased, exaggerating everything from his expression, to his posture and the smirk on his face. "I might have just eased my way out of this conversation, but I'm glad we're on the same page now. Really eases my mind. Though I swore I remember you being a tad more composed way back when."

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Passing one dish to him and then the next, Angeline helped wash and work together to make going through these bowls and cutlery easier. She was pleased by his optimistic tone and the excitement that had come dashing back in his face when he talked about the festival and the deer. She could tell this place meant a lot to him, even if he wasn't as open about it as he was now. Pleased and giggling softly at his words, they washed their dishes and dried them along as she said, "I'm glad for her as well, it seems like she's had a lot of emotional weight on her shoulders, especially lately. It's always nice to have everyone come together to forget about their problems...forget about all the drama and just have fun. Nothing better than that, and a full stomach." The girl giggled with a playful wink, "oh and I am proud about this dish, it's gonna go over great, I can tell!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Quote :

Adelaide

The waterbuck grinned upon seeing the blush creep along Atticus’ cheeks and face. Was he truly that embarrassed by such a statement? She wouldn’t have expected such a reaction, but she wasn’t upset by it in the slightest. It meant it got under his skin - something she could use in the future. “You’d be surprised by my luck, Atticus. But alright, I’ll let things lay out as they will.” The embarrassment seemed to fade as they continued talking however, the man letting out a hearty laugh. It tickled her ears to hear it, the happiness in his features always present. It only proved how glad she was to be back in the community she had befriended long ago. Loud giggles escaped from her chest at his grand exaggerations, the hand movements and the tone of his voice, creating a character she had never seen from the stag. But she absolutely loved every moment of it, and lost her breath laughing as much as she did. It woke the cub in her lap, but he didn’t complain, her hand coming over to cover her mouth for a moment before petting him again, taking a few breaths in between laughter to properly speak. “Atticus, oh my word,” she breathed, giggling again. “I mean, I just got back from traveling around with my family, it’s exciting to be back! I guess I’m just looking forward to everything, I’ve got so much energy I don’t know what to do with. I promise I’m still the Addy you know and love! Just wait a couple days and I’ll be back to composed and proper Adelaide,” she teased the last bit, using an accent and sitting up very straight to imitate one of the more pompous deer of the town before giggling and settling down again, eyes shining into Atticus’. “Your favorite waterbuck.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theo chuckled softly, the smells from the meal Angeline had prepared now hitting his nose as he washed the last few dishes, watching Angel stack them off to the side to bring alongside the rest of the items. “Everything's better with a full stomach,” he agreed, continuing to grin as she bragged about her meal and how well it would present. He couldn’t lie, it smelled amazing, and he couldn’t help his stomach rumbling thinking about taking it in later on that day. Thinking about all the food in general was going to make him have a stomachache before too long, he was sure. After the things served at the Bloodworne Manor, the meals he had eaten in the village had completely changed his palette for the better, mostly in part by Angel introducing him to the best chefs, herself completely included as he liked to tell her often. “I’m sure everyone will adore everything you make. And if they don’t, we can just bring it back here and I’ll eat it!” He laughed, nudging her slightly as he dried off his own hands on a nearby towel.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Quote :
Ameya White
Tags: Aunt Sophie

Chuckling at their joking, Ameya sent them all a smile before closing a large part of the gap between them. “Appointments? My, I should have known the winter solstice would make Aunt Sophie so busy, huh?” She giggled on before crouching down to greet the cub, of course she kept a respectful distance knowing how protective mothers can be. “Hey little fella.” She spoke softly to him a warm look in her eyes. For now, she was able to treat the predator cub with a warm look, however, when he grows she wasn’t so sure she could still smile at him in such a way without having fear cloud her gaze. Pushing the thoughts away mentally she stood to her feet and smiled at the cubs mother and Atticus. “Then I’ll happily be taking that free appointment.” She played along, before heading for the door all while being mindful where the cub was.

Making it inside she couldn’t wait to give everyone their gifts, she’d worked hard on them having bought materials from the village stores. “I hope they like them…” She murmured to herself as she glanced down at the gifts within before starting towards the kitchen. “Aunt Sophie? I have the ingredients you needed me to fetch.” She called to the older woman as she quickly removed her gloves, scarf, and soon her coat and boots. “It’s really coming down out there!” She exclaimed as she began hanging everything up to dry. “What exactly are you planning on making for the Winter Solstice feast anyways?” She questioned as she made her way into the kitchen, leaving the final items for her gifts outside her room's door for the time being. “If I can help, I’d be very happy too.” She added as she made her way to the kitchen table to place the items she’d asked for there.

Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Adelaide; Aaliyah

As Atticus and Adelaide laughed with one another, he shook his head at her comment at being the "sophisticated and composed Adelaide." Whatever that meant. She was never sophisticated and proper, but she certainly had a sense of humor. "Whatever Addy," Atticus laughed quietly, dropping some of his amusement as she giggled and looked at him while saying 'his favorite waterbuck.' He laughed a little less, looking at Aaliyah and not feeling comfortable putting her in that position. She didn't know how often Adelaide came in and out of the village, he didn't want her to think there was anything between them. Adelaide certainly wasn't helping with comments like that. He cleared his throat, glancing at the small snow leopard before adjusting himself and rising to his feet. "You're such a goof," he chuckled at Adelaide with a big grin before looking at Aaliyah. "I should probably start heading back to my place to prepare for the festival. Just wanted to stop by, but I'll be seeing you both later won't I." He said, smiling. "Let me know if I need to bring some banners for the occasion if we're cheering for anyone particular on the sidelines," Atticus mused with a teasing undertone.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She liked the sense of humor he was going for. Angeline busted a smirk at his playful nudge, a trill of giggles following soon after. "Oh wow, admire what I do that much? Theo, I'm flattered. I'd give you all the leftovers in the world if I could," she laughed. Angeline rose up on her toes, pecking him on the cheek as a loving gesture. "Thanks though that makes me feel a whole lot better," she said.
Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Ameya

Peeking her head out from around the kitchen corner, she saw Ameya walking in towards her with a bunch of ingredients in her arms, and all bundled up for the cold. Aunt Sophia gave a wondrous smile.  "Oh yes, I'd expect it to around this time of year! You can come warm up in here for the time being deary, that storm is dreadful." She replied back, adjusting the arrangement of the supplies she had laid out over the counter-top. "I plan on making my special pies this year, and no you have yet to try anything like it I assure you! It's a family recipe! Passed down from several generations since way before my own grandmother...you provided me with the basic ingredients, but I have a few secret ones up my sleeve." She said with a playful wink, before gushing over Ameya's offer. "How kind of you! Such manners. Well, if you insist, I'd love having someone help roll out this pie crust and flatten it for me." She said, gesturing sweetly towards the table with the pie's dough ready to press. "You are too wonderful. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 am

Quote :
Ameya White
Tags: Aunt Sophie

Nodding her head in agreement the younger doe smiled at Aunt Sophie’s comment about her special pie. “Well, I can’t wait to try it!” She cheerfully exclaimed as she placed the ingredients down where Aunt Sophie instructed. Seeing how happy Aunt Sophie seemed to be at her offer, Ameya couldn’t help but allow her own smile to stay for that much longer. “Anything to help you out, Aunt Sophie.” She stated before grabbing up the rolling pin to roll out the pie crust. “How large do you need it?” She asked as she began patting the dough down a bit before rolling. “Oh, I can’t let you stand in here and do all this work by yourself now can I?” She said with a giggle, “It doesn’t hurt me one bit to help you… after all you’ve helped me so much these last few months.” She told her as she began rolling the dough gently, all the while the doe was thinking about what she had left to do to complete everyone's gifts.

Quote :
Persefoni Black
Tags: Lythedh, Council

After the annoying prey woman left and things began to settle around the estate, it seemed that it wasn’t long after that the Lythedh and herself had some business to attend to with the council. This would be her first time going to one of these meetings… and it would be the first time in a long while that she would see her previous suiter, she’d be lying to herself if she said she didn’t somewhat miss his… affection, after all he could be a bit of a sweet heart at times. However, even though that was true, she couldn’t say she didn’t enjoy her tiger’s romantic tendencies, after all he had a way with making her happy with most things unlike her ex-Jengo. With her eyes locked on the carriage window up until their arrival, Persefoni mostly listened to her lover's words without reply as he filled her in on the Council members and who they were and what meetings normally pertained to. It seemed that up until recently anything and everything about the council and her future mates' plans were a secret, which made this meeting even more curious to the woman along with giving her a great deal of inner excitement.

Upon arriving, her lover graciously helped her out of the carriage seeming eager to share what was inside, “I would have to agree… Traveling by carriage, though luxurious as it may be… it takes forever.” she complained along with him, however, she did so with a smile. Soon enough the two were walking through the doors and Lythedh was giving her a tour of that castle’s halls. “Did you really? Quite a prize that one.” Persefoni praised him, the stag before her stuffed from head to hoof… something about looking at such a creature in such a state was thrilling for the woman. “Along with his entire family? My you beast, you make me so proud.” She giggled before giving him a rewarding kiss to the cheek. “Nonsense, those blemishes just show how hard of a fighter he was… how intense the struggle for the stag had been. You can relive the thrill with those bits.” She told him again another giggle slipped past her lips. Yet, those sweet smiles and giggles soon faded when the lion she once shared a room with sauntered in.

Immediately, Lythedh took to conversing with Jengo, clearing his throat the two chatted about the reason for summons. Standing just a step behind Lythedh, her eyes admiring the kills up on pedestals, Persefoni waited to grace the lion with her piercing blue gaze. The women's long black wavy locks were done up in a way that would be perfect for a queen-to-be, and her attire was no less fitting of the panther’s rich tastes. Glancing over her shoulder back at the two men, she caught Jengo’s gaze for a fleeting moment as Lythedh began their introduction. Her tiger introduced her as his future wife yet, Jengo rejected the notion with a statement that caused the woman's eye to want to twitch. What say did HE have over her and her future plans… If the woman wasn’t trying to keep face she would have allowed a scowl to ruin her pretty picture. However, Jengo decided to continue after a bit more thought… what he said next caused Persefoni to look at Lythedh, her eyes drilling holes into him… he’d failed to inform her about the snow leopard's true purpose.
After the lion left them, Persefoni gave Lythedh a hard look of disappointment before whispering “I have a feeling we’re going to have a LOT to talk about when we return home… Aren’t we.” She nipped at him, her oh so disapproving gaze lingering on him. Of course, the man wasn’t able to answer her, his mind was already full of racing thoughts from the looks of it.

Very little time passed before the two of them were seated within the meeting hall. So far, she’d seen the Lion, a scorpion… and oh my my my who was walking through the door now? Her blue hues shifted to the wolf. She’d never been with a wolf before… that would make for interesting offspring. Mentally shaking the indecent thoughts from her wild mind she wasn’t completely willing to give up on Lythedh just yet… She had to give him a chance to clear the air so to speak, though she had a small feeling this meeting would only thicken the tension between them.

Over a short period of time most of the members all had arrived… expect for one and he was apparently an Owl… what an interesting council member. Rolling her eyes she held back a chuckle, he’d be great on the table next to her favorite side dishes… she hadn’t had roasted owl in so long. Soon, the meeting started and the topic of discussion was about Snow Leopards… and breeding with them. Glancing over at Lythedh, she listened as the lion spoke about how her mate was given the first to breed with. Keeping herself as calm as she could on the outside she returned her blue hues to those before them and listened to the talk about this breeding project. As he to-be-mate spoke, he acted as though the Snow Leopard was being hidden on the estate with their cubs…. it took everything in her body to keep herself cool and collected. Oh, but as soon as they get in that carriage she was going to let Lythedh have it.

[/center]
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

As the meeting concluded, everyone taking their own leaves without anything further to the table, Lythedh yawned and stretched on his velvet cushion before nimbly sauntering off his chair and over to where Persefoni sat. A mused expression lay across his face as he smiled at her, tail tip twitching behind him. “Seems that takes care of that. Less exciting than I thought it would be, but I can’t say I’m too upset over getting to leave early.” He turned slightly towards the door, where Argus and Sylvester already made their way chatting and laughing, only shifting when they had left the premises of the council room. “Why don’t we take the day to ourselves before returning to the estate? We have no pressing matters to take care of there, and we haven’t gone off the site in a while. It would suit us to get some fresh air.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theo grinned down at Angel with her teases and the kiss to his cheek, a light blush spreading across his nose. “Well, technically living here with you, I get lots of amazing food and sometimes, if I allow myself, I leave enough to eat later. But I’ve never had such wonderful food as I have had here for the past couple months. So I take full advantage of any meal I can get!” Chuckling a bit, he turned to her and wrapped his arms snugly around her waist. “What else do you need for today before we pack everything up?”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 10:38 am

Quote :
Persefoni Black

Tags: Lythedh, Council

Quote :

As the meeting came to an end, the less than thrilled Persefoni watched as her to-be-betrothed saunter on over to her. With her eyes somewhat narrowed at him she watched as the man contently spoke about getting out for the day and getting fresh air… oh she’d give him some fresh air alright! Inhaling deeply, the piercing blue eyed panther stood from her seat before exhaling with disapproval. She'd calm herself for now, she wasn't about to make a scene in front of the entire council. Forcing a smile, the woman nodded her head in agreement. "Yes… let's get some fresh air." She answered before turning from her tiger to head for the door. It took everything in her to keep from snapping at his currently irritating mug. "Oh and while we get this fresh air we have plenty to discuss…." She told him through some what gritted teeth as she glanced back at him. She wanted the man go be fully informed of her discontent. 

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

Lythedh thought his panther would be pleased to spend alone time with him away from the eyes of their staff, however that didn’t seem to be the case with the expression she held on her face. Did she not feel included enough in the meeting? Did her meal not settle right with her? Maybe that’s what she meant by talking while they get fresh air. Or perhaps she wanted to join the council. Any which way, he nodded, seeming unphased by her attitude as he led her from the chamber. “Of course, I’m all ears,” he responded smoothly, brushing his shoulder against hers. It wasn’t long before they were back in the open air, and once Sylvester and Argus had departed, Lythedh and Persefoni were alone in their walk, Lythedh taking them on the trail through the nearby woods that were connected to the property. “So, you wanted to discuss something?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: