Dedicated to the realm of dragons, knights, elves, and other fantasy species.

HomeGallerySearchMemberlistUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Animals Within

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Ameya; Atticus

After Aunt Sophia had slipped out of the bathroom, she allowed a soft breath to escape her lungs and the door crept to a close. When the shower began to run the woman slipped into the living room to wait, still keeping an ear out incase the lass needed anything. She set a hand on her cheek while she sat at the couch and turned her head to stare outside her window in an almost longing way. She was nearly in a trancelike state. So many thoughts were rolling around in her head, everything from this new girl, to the snow leopard, and her own sister lying in a coma. Why did life have to be so difficult to manage sometimes, why couldn't it leave well enough alone? Staring at the village outside, she could hear the occasional deer pass her front door and interrupt her thoughts. By this time, the front door and swung open and Atticus stepped in after digging up the grave. He set the shovel into the closet. There was sweat trickling down his forehead, he panted, and he nodded to his Aunt when he entered the room. When she looked at him, she lifted to her feet and asked, "I take it you found a spot?" Atticus nodded again, too tired to speak. "Very well then, drink some water and we can put the poor lad to rest." Sophia Roe glanced downwards at the last bit before she turned and smiled sweetly at Ameya. The girl had just exited the shower, dressed in the clothes she had given her. Aunt Sophia walked up slowly with a smile and she sweetly, loving embraced her as a mother would. "Darling, you look absolutely beautiful." She assured her beneath her breath, before pulling away and chuckling. She rubbed the girl's shoulder before she turned to look at Atticus, who was leaned into the counter as he filled a glass cup of water. He seemed to be taking a second wind in. Gradually, she looked back at Ameya. "If you want anything done a specific way, just let me know and it will be done..." She said, hoping they could fill her needs.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar

The girl tapped her lips twice by his answer, almost in a playful manner. It wasn't like a visitor to leave so soon after her arrival but she assumed it was nothing serious. Then again, she could never tell with outsiders - outsiders except for Theodemar that is. "I hope everything is okay." Angeline muttered breathlessly, feeling a small tug in her chest at the idea. "It's not like people to run away like that, you know..." The idea really bugged her. "I wonder what happened...do you have any idea?" Of course he wouldn't, Theo probably knew as much as she did. But it never hurt to ask around these things. But after bringing that topic, she glanced up at the sky as the two walked through the forest. The whole point of a hangout was to have fun, not bring up such serious topics. What was she thinking? She dropped the serious talk immediately but felt a little nervous having brought it up. She hoped he wasn't getting bored by it. They were growing further and further away from the village the more they walked on the trail, grazing the trees as they passed. This was nice and all but they couldn't talk about too many things. So much for fun...
It got Angeline to stop and ponder on the idea, but she instantly came up with a solution. It hit her in a second. A big smile found its way out on her face and she looked at Theo. "We should go swimming." She announced. "There's a lake just a little ways off the trail; I never get the opportunity to go. It's not really fun to swim alone you know." Glancing back to the trail, the idea seemed to sit well with her. It was beautiful around this time of the year, a perfect spot for them.

Quote :
Raziel Reneux
Tags: Himmat

Direction? She just told him she had no idea where it was! What did he expect? What is wrong with the people around here, were they all thick in the head? Raziel had to put a filter on so she wouldn't scare the bat away seeing he was her only chance for survival at this point but damn! It called for every bone in her body not to spew those words at him. "No I don't know where it would be direction wise either." She educated him calmly. Her ears twitched back and forth to his nervousness about having seen her cry. Good grief. She was done with that little break down, that happened with her but she would get over it in a flash. That final cheeky grin he gave her didn't help either; the sugar glider sighed. "Okay, okay...let's head to your colony and cross our fingers...or your finger...that your old coot knows something." Shaking her head a bit, she leaned out over the ledge and looked at the bat, waiting for him to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 am

Quote :
Ameya White : Tags: Sophia, Atticus

Having stepped outside of the bathroom, the young doe wondered towards the living room. Her left hand gently held her right wrist as she walked along. The girl's feet barely made a sound as she made her way to the living room. Once there, her large blue eyes fell on Sophia who seemed to be in a daze. How could she not be, a lot had happened probably more then the girl knew about too. Suddenly, Ameya's hues moved to the door as the handle began to turn. Within seconds Atticus had stepped through the door, sweat clearly sliding down his brow. He and his Aunt conversed a little regarding the burial site before the young man walked off into the kitchen most likely to rest a little and get a drink. Standing silently where she was it didn't take long before Atticus' Aunt noticed her. Walking over with her warm, supportive smile, Ameya watched as the woman's arms opened up to her and embraced her in an affectionate hug. Wrapping her own arms around Sophia, she was sure to return the loving gesture which reminded her of her mother. "Oh, um.. th-thank you." She stammered a little, clearly, she was a bit taken back by the compliment. She was only use to Akin and her mother's complements. Once the hug was broken, Ameya smiled a little as her arm was being rubbed in a comforting manner. Once Sophia looked away from her for a moment, her eyes traveled over to Atticus, how would she make this up to him? All of his help? What could she do to repay him for his kindness to her and her late brother. What could she do for Sophia? Standing there wondering these things the girl was only pulled from these thoughts as the roe doe began to speak about the funeral."Alright, thank you, Sophia." Her voice continued to be soft and as smooth as honey. She wasn't sure what their funerals were like, they probably weren't all that different. Standing there for a moment as she thought about their tribes funeral processions she knew generally in the spring months the graves were filled with wildflowers, and in the fall the same was done if wildflowers were attainable. If not they used the brightest fall leaves the could be gathered... Even if it was winter time, the tribe always found something to be able to put within the earth as a soft bed for the dead. "Are there any wildflowers in the area this time of year?" She asked curiously, she was still forcing herself to stay strong and keep from c,rying. For the meantime her brother wasn't directly on her mind which was making keeping the tears at bay easier for the doe.

Quote :
Pandareos Fox : Tags: Persefoni and Lythedh

Quote :
Himmat Lasiurus : Tags: Raziel

Himmat sighed he could see the sudden want to bite as she'd seemed to have hit another nerve. He should of taken her literally when she said she had no clue where it was. He figured a squirrel even one that had been kidnapped would have known at least some sort of detail of her travels. "Well, since you know nothing, Princess... then let's talk to the old woman in the colony I suppose..." he said as he leaped from the tree and into the air. Flapping his thin fleshy wings he looked to the strange flying squirrel, "If you can't fly I'll just try and get her to come down here." He suggested, though he really didn't want to leave the injured thing down their... that knot wasn't exactly the safest place in the world. Glancing around he looked for the preditor from before, so far it didn't seem like the hawk was coming back. Thinking about what the girl said before he felt his brow twitch, what did she mean by cross his fingers? Was she trying to threaten him? Maybe it was a poor decision to save this abomination of a squirrel. "I don't have to cross my fingers for anything..." he grumbled though he hated home he didn't particularly like this lively hood being threatened by a mear rodent like this sassy thing.

Quote :
Persefoni Black : Tags: Lythedh

Persefoni couldn't help but smirk as the male showed his delight in being able to lap up the blood which coded her pelt. Every stroke of his rough feline tongue felt somewhat soothing, though there was a growing urge to pin the male to the ground and maybe pierce his skin a little. The want to hunt was still pulsing through her veins, Lathery just wasn't satisfactory enough. Sitting there as he full filled his taste for blood, a low rumbling purr began to exit her chest. About this moment Lythedh pulled away from her and the sound of the dripping blood now filled the room along with her low purr.  In a soft alluring voice, Persefoni followed up with a reply to his offer "Oh, well... I can't say I won't get a little rough with you Lythedh. Though, I think you may actually enjoy that." She smirked at him as she stood to her paws and stepped towards him. The woman's light blues trailed the tiger as he moved to her side. The sound of the blood beneath his paws was like music to her ears. It was thicker than water, and some of it was starting to congeal. At first, Persefoni leaned towards Lythedh her pink tongue slide over his shoulder area against the grain of his fur. The tangy wang of blood was quite pleasant, how long had it been since she'd quenched her thirst with a glass of such a drink? Too long, it was always an eat and run or deal until recently she'd forgotten to simply enjoy herself until now. Once more, the Panthers tongue slid over his pelt, this time it trailed up the side of his neck and towards his ear. Pausing, A small grin flashed over her maw before she bit down on his ear and pushed him to the floor, from there, the female glared down at Lythedh the look in her eyes for a moment screamed danger along with the rolling growls which began streaming from her lips. "Let's play a little game, shall we?" She smiled as her tantalizing voice filled the stairwell. Blood slowly rolled down the stairs, dripping from step to step as it traveled down with gravity. Where she'd pushed the tiger to the ground his head was nearly off the first step. "Let's play a game of prove your worth... It's quite simple really, I've done my part now you do yours." She smiled as her purr returned. Laying down on his chest, Persefoni began grooming the blood from his neck and chin. "This game will continue throughout my stay... If you feel I'm worthy as well as If I feel you are worthy then we can talk about heirs to your glorious throne." She told him "Otherwise, you will not be laying a single paw on my pelt again... So, my beloved Lythedh enjoy this small taste while you're allowed." She nipped his chin before standing back to her paws. Looking down on him she couldn't help but grin as he lay there, "I meant what I said earlier Lythedh... It'll be in your best interest to remember that." She told him as a giggle slipped her lips, she had a feeling she may see some mixed emotions come out of the tiger before too long. She was rather excited to see and hear what he'd have to say about all of this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 am

Quote :
Theodemar could almost feel the concern radiating off the young girl beside her, and felt guilty that he couldn't give her a definitive answer. He should know more about the situation, considering he helped the snow leopard escape her prison, yet he had not kept up with her and Atticus like he should have. Then again...he was sure neither of them cared to see him at all after what he did. He prepared a speech in his head as they walked, trying to figure out a reason for Aaliyah's disappearance. Surely there was a reasonable reason why she would bolt away. Maybe the temptation of deer was too much for her? Or Atticus' aunt kicked her out...or Atticus did something. Hopefully it was more of her own choice than anyone pushing her, but he digressed. Angeline didn't seem to want to talk about it much longer, and that was okay with him. They had many other topics to focus on. The day was so nice, with the breeze displacing their hair every once in a while and causing him to reach out to reposition some stray strands of her hair behind her ear. It gave him some excuse to be closer to her. They walked for quite some time, the birds chirping or singing their songs and the brushing of the foliage from the wind was a relaxing background noise, not to mention the scuffling of their feet against the softened soil. A day like this was irreplaceable, and he felt lucky to spend it with his new favorite person. As he gazed at her for one of his longer moments of doing so, her face seemed to lighten with a sense of joy, and he couldn't help but feel warmer inside, especially as she spoke. Swimming? He blushed just slightly and avoided her gaze. He wasn't exactly perfect at swimming, especially in deep water. His weight kept him from really being comfortable enough to do so as an elk, and as a human he was just overall inexperienced. Armor did not provide much buoyancy, and that was the only thing he knew. He scratched the back of his head, wondering what he could possibly say that would not make him seem less worthy of her attention and friendship. "I have to agree with you, it never is fun alone." Especially when he felt unsafe when he was in water by himself. He could struggle and not have anyone there. "I think that is the best idea I've heard in a while though! A nice long swim will beat this heat just a bit. You seem to know all the little hints and treasures near the village and beyond though. I think I'll have to stick by you more often to discover them all." He nudged her gently with a grin, trying to hide his inner confliction about the activity. However, he was not opposed to trying, for her. He had to learn at some point after all, or he supposed relearn in this case. It would be hard to live without doing so, especially if his angel from heaven liked it.

Quote :
The tiger felt his desire grow, to taste more and see more and hunt to save his blood lust from overwhelming him. He could sense that she wasn't done hunting quite yet herself, but he had a feeling her attention was drawn more to him as her next target, the way her eyes gleamed. Especially as she seemed to be willing to roughhouse and give him a run for his money. Wouldn't that be spectacular, he thought to himself, but before he could ask her just how rough she would be willing to get, her tongue slid over his fur and sent chills down his spine, his pelt rippling with sensations he hadn't felt before. How could a simple stroke give him so much pleasure? He hoped he gave her the same feeling when he groomed her, but he couldn't be for certain if her smirk was from the grooming, or the attention he was giving her. Either way, he had something to do with it, so he was content. The moment was soon over however as he felt a cold needle of pain from his ear, and before he could react, he was laying against the floor and staring at his panther. Something stirred deep within him, the want to overpower her and make her feel the guilt for attacking a Lord of the Council. Yet...he rather enjoyed the view, especially as she made her presence clear. Her authority radiated from every corner of the room now and even down the stairs as her voice echoed. She was such a wild one. One that made him desperate to see more. He was tempted to play with that stance, catch her off-guard and send her into a frenzy that would end in more bloodshed, more delight. Though her words began to toil through his head, and a small frown played on his maw out of disappointment. His part was already done? He figured he had much more to go, but his thoughts were silenced as she continued, even moreso as she placed herself atop him and groomed his most sensitive fur. The tension he felt was outrageous in his spine, but he confided in listening, his tail tip twitching back and forth in interest for what she had to say. What exactly was this game, what were the requirements? He could beat anyone in a game he knew, but this one was new to him, and he wasn't sure how he felt. On one hand, he was willing to do almost anything to keep her in his grasp, to tell the world she belonged to him and him alone. On the other hand, she wasn't going to let him get her that easily, and he would need to fight for his right to get her more involved in his affairs. He would not be able to manipulate this as much as he manipulated his fellow counsel members. Surely there was another way out, but as she nipped his chin, he came to, he realized that it would be a one way ticket. Her way, or kicked to the curb. As much as he wanted to be angry about it...he huffed roughly as he turned over and stood to his paws, gazing at his panther. She played some tricky cards, that was for certain. She knew what she was doing, but he knew what he was doing. It would be a dance to get around one another, especially considering how delicious that blood stained on her fur looked still. He was so, so tempted to take another taste, to get every last drop from her fur and let it sing on his tongue. But, if he wanted to keep her for his uses, then so be it. A sly smirk slid onto his face as she waited for his response, and he took a moment to think about what he wanted to say. "Fair enough," he purred to her, forcing himself away from touching any part of her fur, just to cover his bases that would not be full for long. "I will play by your rules. As long as I am promised my end goal, I trust I can keep my end of the deal." He would have to keep himself on a leash however, prevent him from overstepping the boundaries and sending her hiking. It was indeed in his best interest to keep her around, considering how much she will do for him in the near future. "As long as you uphold yours, I will give you almost anything you desire, my Persefoni."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Ameya; Atticus

Gazing deeply at her smile, Sophia chuckled somewhat as the two of them pulled from the hug. After the shred of hope, her feet traveled from the doe's side to the living room. She set a few of the medical supplies aside for a single moment before hearing the question about wildflowers. Yes, that was a question. She figured the poor lass wanted to set some over the grave. "Of course, yes we have purple and white wildflowers in season about now. I can pick them for you...unless you wish to do that yourself, darling. I can always show you where they are..." There was a chance the doe wanted to do that herself. If that was the case, she respected her wishes. Aunt Sophia turned her face towards the bedroom door again at the recollection of the fawn. A sweet sigh lingered on her lips as she rubbed her hands, then she passed Ameya a tender look. "I suppose we should head out then, dear..." Sophia Roe brushed her fingers behind her curly deep brown hair. Her eyes then fell onto the front door and she glanced at Atticus after his drink of water. He had come into the room and stepped past the two girls. At this time, Sophia Roe made her way toward the door and encouragingly lead the girl to the entrance. And Atticus tended to the other matters.
By the time the front door was opened, the man walked out with the fawn bundled in a blanket. It was insensitive to bury someone without some form of cover, at least in the village it was. Perhaps it was different for Ameya but it would calm Sophia at the very least.
Slipping open the front door now, streams of light rolled through the doorway and a cool breeze caused Aunt Sophia's hair to wave. And she passed the doe a confident smile as they began to step out of her cabin.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

From the blank expression on his face, she could assume he had no idea where the leopard went either. If that was the case then she figured it was best to leave that conversation elsewhere. Why dwell on those things? They needed to have fun! But at the mentioning of swimming in the lake, she could sense a bit of tension in the air then. It appeared Theo was a bit flustered at the idea, which made sense. Didn't he like her though? Swimming in the lake was a little intimate, she had to admit, but she had assumed he was okay with that. Thinking it was a misunderstanding, it hadn't softened her excitement in the slightest. "I think that is the best idea I've heard in a while though! A nice long swim will beat this heat just a bit. You seem to know all the little hints and treasures near the village and beyond though. I think I'll have to stick by you more often to discover them all." Rolling her green eyes up toward the sky, she was utterly amused by his little flirting. He was so weird! Angeline giggled, tugging on his arm to be pulled closer to him while she giggled. "Oh goodness, you are such an oddball." She sweetly pecked his cheek, then yanked away and laughed. Her cheeks began to flush. What had come over her? It was as if she had known Theo for years, but was she moving too quickly? She figured she wasn't but, but then again she would swimming with him. If that was not commitment, she did not know what was. It was something every couple at the village did. Angeline could scarcely wait though. Gradually leading him off the trail between two towering oak trees, the trail curved around the bend and they left it out of sight. She could hear the leaves crunch beneath their feet. Her eyes fell onto the forest. "This will be great," she murmured and sweetly brushed some foliage aside as it caressed her cheek. "You're right this is just what we need to escape the heat, huh..." The girl faced him and giggled.

Quote :
Raziel Reneux

She about vomited at that blasted word again, but she pretended to ignore it. 'Princess.' She thought tartly. 'I cannot wait to ditch this flying nuisance either...' With the flick of her long tail, she sent the bat a striking glare but it was a misunderstanding and she changed her glower to a neutral stare. 'Oh he didn't say I couldn't fly...all is well then.' She huffed. "Oh I believe I am well enough, thank you." She responded to him. Her black ears flickered forward while she watched him hover in the air. Of course, Raziel did not know how to fly but she assumed he had simply misused the word in her case. Yes she was technically a 'flying squirrel', but she was more accurately a 'gliding squirrel' than anything. Hopefully, he knew about that. She hoped he wasn't as incompetent as the elk had been. "What are you waiting for? Moss to grow on your back? Let's go, mr. sloth. I don't have years..." She chirped.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Quote :

Quietly, Ameya followed behind Sophia. Her eyes refused to travel towards the door that concealed her lifeless brother's body. She had to keep herself calm and to try not to cry... at least not right now. Listening to Atticus' Aunt Sophia shook her head, "Yes, I would like that and may I gather them? " She asked her, she knew with Sophia's help she'd be able to locate the flowers much more quickly then she would be on her own since she didn't know the area. The doe's lips began to tremble a little at the thought. Taking a soft breath in and then slowly exhaling Ameya stopped the trembling before her eyes could feel the sting of fresh tears. She had to stay strong, just a while longer. Lifting her head and turning it towards his Aunt, Ameya listened to her words before glancing at the door, closing her eyes she nodded her head before opening them again, "Mhm.." She hummed softly as she clenched her left hand at her side and the other at her chest. The pain was back, but she had to pull through she had to try and keep from crying during the funeral so Akin could go peacefully without worry. Ameya's eyes followed Sophia, as she motioned for her to follow along to the front door and later to the site where they had planned to bury her brother. When Atticus had finally exited the house with her brother, wrapped in a sheet the girl felt a bit of discomfort. The only parts of their fallen family which were covered were normally their eyes. But, thinking about it Akin loved being warm and bundled up in a blanket or cuddled up close to someone's side. So, he'd enjoy the warmth of the sheet. After coming to terms with the sight of the sheet around her brother Ameya continued behind the two of them. With the gentle breeze a soft humming began to leave the girls lips, her voice as smooth as silk. She was prepping her voice for sending off her brother, something all the does' took part in back in her village, however this time she was the only one alive to send him off with a song. With each step that carried them closer to Akin's final resting place, Ameya's pain grew more clear. Though, the girl pressed on her smooth humming filled the silence for the time being.

Quote :

Quote :

Catching her sudden glare that quickly changed to a stare more so then a glare, he couldn't help but tease the mammal by sending her a frisky wink and a smoldering grin. He knew she hated being called Princess from the get-go but, what could it hurt he was spending the next few days or maybe even weeks with her. It was in his best interest to have a little bit of fun with her. Getting a response from the lady he nodded his head as he flapped his wings just a little ways away from the tree where she was resting, "Good, you need to make it to the top of that oak tree.. See the hollow?" He asked her as he somewhat pointed with one of his law claws. Hearing her seemingly giving him a nickname, to go along with his 'princess' nickname he'd given the damsel. The Bat couldn't help but chuckle at it, "Mr. Sloth Aye?" He said before shaking his head a little and speeding ahead of the squirrel, "My bad your highness I'll be less time-consuming." he stated as he flew ahead of her.

Quote :

Ah, it was clear now she did for the moment have the upper hand and the tiger was fine to play her game. ' Ah, so I do have you right where i want you.... she grinned from ear to ear at him with a seductive look on her muzzle. She wasn't going to let life be easy for him either after all this was her game, her rules. "Wonderful, and you don't have to worry... I do not deny winners their prize... Though no one has been able to win my game thus far." she giggled as she stood and began walking threw slowly walking through the blood which stuck to the floor. Lifting a paw she licked the thickening blood from her claws all the while she stared at Lythedh as she sent him a wink. "Impress me Lythedh... Show me just how worthy you are to be the one to claim such prize like me." She told him as her slightly reddened teeth shined through. "Almost anything? I love the change of tone... You know not to promise a lady everything because you know you can't quite obtain everything... at least not yet." She said as she began grooming her paws once more. "You're task is to impress me, like I said earlier... Show me you are worthy in every aspect to have me... all of me." She told him between cleaning her pelt. Feeling content with her clean paws, the Panther stood up and began walking towards the stairs. "Like you, I have my own standards when it comes to males and mating... If you can't fill all categories then you're not worthy... Oh, and if you overstep the line, I won't be staying long." She told him as she began to walk down the blood-soaked stairs, "Oh, my and one more thing... You have to figure out the categories on your own... " She told him as she glanced over her shoulder at him, yet again she wore another teasing look in her eyes and on her muzzle. She was tempting him or at least trying to, she wanted to see how far she could push him before he couldn't take it anymore. Giggling a little as she returned her gaze to the room below she spoke up one last time as she made her exit, "That being said, let the game begin" She purred as she flicked her tail from side to side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Quote :
Theo could almost feel the sweat gather on his neck as she rolled her eyes. Had he said something wrong? He smiled nervously, but she played it off, calling him one of her silly names again. Something he would hear among the children outside the Estate perhaps, but never from an adult. Then again, Angeline was quite different, and had her own set of vocabulary. One he had grown to be fond of. "You're the-" He stopped dead in his word track as she kissed his cheek, and his entire face lit up red. The elk shift was not used to this type of affection still, but the fact she did it so willingly somehow made his heart feel three times bigger for her. He laughed out in pure nervous energy, feeling his heart pulse as he wanted to return the favor. But...he would wait for a better time. A time where he felt it was right, or at least somewhat more romantic. He let out a sigh of contentment and let his serious blush fall away as they walked off the path, the woods now truly surrounding them in its atmosphere and giving them a taste of what it was like to be off the map, as the saying went. It was beautiful, though he had to complain slightly to himself that he could not see her as radiantly under such leaf bunches. He kept that to himself though. His Angeline eventually addressed him, and he gazed back to her face, hearing that familiar thump on his chest. "Absolutely. And hopefully, it will just be us. A peaceful day to spend together - a walk, a swim, and more to do afterwards! I'll never forget it." He smiled brightly, almost looking forward to the lake, even if he was still terrified. He was supposed to be the strong, handsome, dashing champion elk she admired him for, not the scared little deer that didn't want to drown because he couldn't swim. Oh well, he would play it off and hope for the best.

Quote :
Lythedh's eyes trailed his panther, watching her paws leave inky prints as she walked. If he could burn that image into his brain, he would do it in an instant, with how it gave him such a great happiness within. If you could even call it happiness, as it was more of an insane delight for such a thing. He certainly was not impressed with the mention of the previous failures. Chuffing, his tail tip began twitching again as he watched her. "You know my opinion of failures. I will not become one of them, and I will not lose. I am second to none, and will go to endless lengths to ensure that my place is kept. Especially when it comes to my guests of my Estate." Lifting his chin slightly, his eyes flashed something of a dominance, but he let it slide away with a grin that matched hers. Though hers, he wouldn't mind biting at his ear again, or perhaps his neck. He could stain those sharp feline fangs with his blood and see her reaction to true wild cat essence. His eyes went from her fangs to her claws, down her still-stained pelt before his eyes captured hers again, an instinct deep within pulling him to her. She was the best specimen he had encountered in so long, but she wasn't going to give up her game anytime soon, as she had both stated and he felt in his gut. Luckily, he was used to the counsel games played among Lords and their courts. "I never promised you anything outside of the Estate territory," he mused, his grin softening to just hints of the reddened white showing. "We will soon take over beyond these pathetic borders I have, and conquer lands beyond what we could imagine. But, I will meet those categories, and I will take you as my prize fairly. Yet if I sense that I will not be reimbursed for my efforts, you can refer to an hour ago when I threatened your life in the forest. I still plan to uphold that." He almost let out a purr. It felt invigorating to be able to put someone in their place again, even though he almost felt the guilt nicking at him for challenging hers. He was not a guilty man however. "I do not believe that will be much of a problem for you, however." Her exit was impressive, he would give her that, but he followed her, the blood collecting still on his paw pads and coating his claws, even some of the underside of his tail. He simply gave her a laugh and let her begin their bantering game, whatever that entailed for them. He would solve all her riddles, no matter how confusing women were in general.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 am

Quote :

Quietly, Ameya followed behind Sophia. Her eyes refused to travel towards the door that concealed her lifeless brother's body. She had to keep herself calm and to try not to cry... at least not right now. Listening to Atticus' Aunt Sophia shook her head, "Yes, I would like that and may I gather them? " She asked her, she knew with Sophia's help she'd be able to locate the flowers much more quickly then she would be on her own since she didn't know the area. The doe's lips began to tremble a little at the thought. Taking a soft breath in and then slowly exhaling Ameya stopped the trembling before her eyes could feel the sting of fresh tears. She had to stay strong, just a while longer. Lifting her head and turning it towards his Aunt, Ameya listened to her words before glancing at the door, closing her eyes she nodded her head before opening them again, "Mhm.." She hummed softly as she clenched her left hand at her side and the other at her chest. The pain was back, but she had to pull through she had to try and keep from crying during the funeral so Akin could go peacefully without worry. Ameya's eyes followed Sophia, as she motioned for her to follow along to the front door and later to the site where they had planned to bury her brother. When Atticus had finally exited the house with her brother, wrapped in a sheet the girl felt a bit of discomfort. The only parts of their fallen family which were covered were normally their eyes. But, thinking about it Akin loved being warm and bundled up in a blanket or cuddled up close to someone's side. So, he'd enjoy the warmth of the sheet. After coming to terms with the sight of the sheet around her brother Ameya continued behind the two of them. With the gentle breeze a soft humming began to leave the girls lips, her voice as smooth as silk. She was prepping her voice for sending off her brother, something all the does' took part in back in her village, however this time she was the only one alive to send him off with a song. With each step that carried them closer to Akin's final resting place, Ameya's pain grew more clear. Though, the girl pressed on her smooth humming filled the silence for the time being.

Quote :

Quote :

Catching her sudden glare that quickly changed to a stare more so then a glare, he couldn't help but tease the mammal by sending her a frisky wink and a smoldering grin. He knew she hated being called Princess from the get-go but, what could it hurt he was spending the next few days or maybe even weeks with her. It was in his best interest to have a little bit of fun with her. Getting a response from the lady he nodded his head as he flapped his wings just a little ways away from the tree where she was resting, "Good, you need to make it to the top of that oak tree.. See the hollow?" He asked her as he somewhat pointed with one of his law claws. Hearing her seemingly giving him a nickname, to go along with his 'princess' nickname he'd given the damsel. The Bat couldn't help but chuckle at it, "Mr. Sloth Aye?" He said before shaking his head a little and speeding ahead of the squirrel, "My bad your highness I'll be less time-consuming." he stated as he flew ahead of her.

Quote :

A smirk slid over her maw as she listened to him state the obvious as she padded down the stairs, "I'd be lying if I said I did not... That makes my expectations even higher." She told him as she paused on the stairs and turned back to face him. "Well, love as I stated before I always withhold my end of the bargain. It's the men that don't." She let an alluring growl slip past her lips as she returned to walking down the steps, At that point the lord began trying to put her in her place, as if she was a dog that needed scolding, oh that didn't settle well with her, her light blue eyes darkened as she shot a look back at him "Lythedh you don't scare me... Now, stop trying to intimidate me, love, you won't win any brownie points like that" She warned him her voice had a teasing hint to it, was she being serious? or was she just playing around since it was her game? She wasn't even completely sure but there was something about this male that got her excited. Her tail flicked from side to side, she wanted to nibble his ear again just this time she hoped to draw a little blood. Alas, she couldn't lead him on... she'd keep her eyes on what she seeks in a man not on what she desires. "Show me you can achieve these things... All I've heard is talk so far." She stated as she reached the bottom of the stairs, he'd been going on about all he could accomplish but there was no solid statement that he can, that it was in the process of being completed. She didn't enjoy men that couldn't keep to their word it was disappointing. Their talents had to be worthy of her standards as well... He had to be a gentleman in some cases and respect the female... however a lot of men had issues with this part of the game. Her thoughts rolled around with her list of things he had to fill to win her over. "Would you like a visual of the chart, love? A time set in place for the game to be completed?" She asked him as she glanced over at him as she made her way through the room below. "I'm sure you'd like all the time you can get or do you feel brave enough to try and complete the game sooner than the others?" She mused as she turned in a circle and sat down a few feet from the stairs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Sohia Roe; Ameya White

Still feeling the pressure built in his skull from a developing headache, Atticus had taken the fawn with both his arms. At this point in time, the fawn's frail body had become stiff and cold. All the life had vanished from a once lively boy. His steely blue eyes went very dismal, still fighting to breath through his contracted lungs, Atticus followed steadily behind. He slipped down Aunt Sophia's front door as they walked through the village. Thankfully, there weren't any passing travelers to eye them. As much as he liked the village, he hated how everything spread from family to family. Nothing was ever closed off. He knew this ordeal would be figured out as well, if it hadn't been by this time. It was disgusting to him. Atticus passed his glance over to the trees as they encircled the village just a few feet from the main path; he began to step down into the underbrush. His back had started to burn from the heat beating down across the fabric; Atticus felt the sweat dampen his brow. And in no time at all, he was able to see the large clearing in the trees. The entire meadow was golden from the light casting down across it. There were twenty spherical rocks planted at the foot of the graves and at the very left of it was the hole he had dug for the fawn.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Stepping deeper into the forestry, she could hear a branch crackle beneath her feet. Her radiant smile met his blushing face. The man had given a nervous laugh, he was completely taken off guard by her little kiss. That was exactly what she wanted, but, she didn't expect that reaction from him. Angeline giggled a bit. She seemed exceptionally light on her feet as she stepped further into the forest, carrying his hand into hers. "Yep, couldn't be too right..." She giggled somewhat. While she began to step through the underbrush. It hadn't taken too long before they had come across the sparkling lake, hidden just behind a layer of trees. She beamed at it and let go of his hand as she raced to the water's edge. Brushing some strawberry blonde hair across her other shoulder, she beamed back at Theo. "Well c'mon then," she said, beginning to slip her shirt off.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am

Quote :
Theodemar was amazed as they came upon the lake, the shining waters seeming to call to a part of him, to relax and let the water embrace him. Yet that hesitation grew as they stepped closer to the shore, the anxiety killing him. How was he going to swim out any further than he could stand? Perhaps their height difference would come in great handy. Letting out a sigh, he kicked off his shoes and heard her voice trail to his happily as he admired the view. “Yes, I am, I-“ He caught a glimpse of her, and instantly felt the heat pour through his face and hands. That was the very last thing he expected her to do, and he couldn’t help but stare for a short bit. How long had it been since he had seen that much skin on a woman? The guards at the Estate did remove theirs, yes, but he himself was never in his human form to have much use for it. Now, standing here, he almost felt his mind swirling. He was to swim with the most beautiful girl, almost without anything, on a wonderful day outside while he could hardly swim to save his life. How he had turned up this way was beyond him. He cleared his throat and looked away, embarrassed to watch even if he was curious internally. “I’m always ready,” he finally finished, fighting his blush and failing as he peeked back at her, wondering just how much they were going to remove. He hadn’t brought anything but him and the clothes on his back. Dear elk lords, this woman. No wonder the other men complained about them... Yet he couldn’t find a true claim against her, even to him. She was his companion, and he was sure he would figure it out in time. He continued to stare for a short bit, before he coughed and looked to the ground, then to his own clothes and taking off his shirt as well. Holy... “I’m sorry, this is new to me. I’m not much of an outdoors-man when it comes to things like this...but I must say you still look amazing. Even without everything.” His face could burst with redness if he kept taking. “I mean! Well, you know what I mean. I was just...trying to compliment.” He grinned sheepishly at her, deciding that keeping the rest of what he wore on was the best decision.

Quote :
High expectations...he supposed he could not argue with that statement. She was right, after all. He needed to prove his worth just as fairly, even though he felt as though he did just that, literally running an Estate on his own as well as being a counsel member of one of the most rigid sets of predators around. It peeved him just in the slightest, but then again, she hadn’t exactly excluded her respect for him, and that settled him just a tad. He walked after her obediently, really not sure what these ‘categories’ entailed but only assumed that following her lead was a safe choice. Yet she paused him, a slight tease on her lip as she gazed at him. She continued to challenge him it seemed, let him know that she fully expected to take on the role offered. It did give him hope, but the thought of competing for another for his rightful place on his faux thrown was a bit of an annoyance. “I should learn better, my panther. Obviously you’re more than that. Perhaps I should give that ear of yours a bite when you make trouble, see how you enjoy the feel.” He grinned to play it off as a tease in return, setting his unknowingly raised paw to the ground as he approached her a step. Such a beautifully made kitty under all that fur, a being he was pleased to banter with and explore. She certainly expected much from him though, and he wondered how he would achieve it. Prey did not come easily around these parts, nor did unruly guards. She would not be impressed by killing someone who would bow for him at any given time otherwise; he needed something as a test. And a particular interest came to mind that he stored for later. He padded down the steps, his eyes still solely on her and her gloriously red-stained body. How he would love to run his tongue over it again. “If none ever won, how can I say that less time will even benefit me? Perhaps that shows me I need to take my time and earn my keep in your abode, as you will mine, in a metaphorical sense. I don’t wish to fall under similar injury to the failures from before. You know I am greater than that.” He made it to the end as well, his paws only slightly sticky now as he paraded slowly around her sitting figure on the floor. “Unless I am forced to a time, my Persefoni? If so...I would be delighted to take on such a challenge when it comes to you.” At this point, he would do anything to keep her around, to a certain extent. She would benefit his court greatly, for certain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Quote :

Clasping her hands together in front of herself, Ameya squeezed them together as if she was trying to compress the pain that was ever building. Closing her eyes for a short moment while they walked down the path, the young doe continued to hum softly. Soon, her brother would be able to rest in peace, with no more worries of preditors. Opening up her icy blues, the white tailed doe glanced over at Atticus. He held her little brother close in his arms wrapped in white warm sheets, she was greatful they'd found such a kind stag to offer his help, even if time ran short for Akin. Looking back to Sophia who was slightly ahead of her, Ameya returned to her soft humming until the three of them began stepping off the path and into the underbrush of the surrounding forest. Once in the clearing, the doe's eyes widened a little the meadow was beautiful and perfect for Akin's final resting place. Feeling a small tear run down her cheek, Ameya gently rubbed the tear away as a thankful look poured into her. Seeing several rocks arranged in a specific area of the golden meadow, the girls eyes slowly looked over each grave marker until she came to the newly dug hole to the far left. Slowly, the young woman walked towards the hole. Pulling her hands away from one another, Ameya allowed them to gently fall to hersides. Lifting her left hand to her cheek she brushed back a few strands of hair before looking over at Aunt Sophia and Atticus.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Looking over her shoulder, as the mighty tiger followed her down the stairs Persefoni couldn't help but send him a little seductive smirk. "Oh my my, Lythedh..." She chuckled as she felt a bit of heat rush over her feline cheeks. "What did I say about that, hmmm?" She asked him as her tail began to flick from side to side. "Patients, Lythedh, is a virture is it not?" She chuckled before removing her eyes from his pelt for a moment. She could feel his eyes nearly undressing her as he slowly padded down the flight of stairs. He was that kind of feline, she shouldn't be surprised or alarmed in anyway... afterall, who wouldn't want to have a little fun with this Panther. As he continued down the stairs, the tiger began to ask about the time limit she suggested. "Oh Lythedh are you not confident in yourself? In your skills, love?" She asked him as a rolling pure left her maw, her bright blues looking him over. "And of course, I know you... but I need more proof you see..." She reminded him as she chuckled softly. Still sitting, she watched as the male made his way over. "I wont force you to a time just yet my love." She smiled as a gentle purr filled the air between them. "Unless, You'd like that challenge..." She inched towards him a little, her fangs peaking through her lips. "That certainly would earn you...." She paused for a moment before saying "some brownie points." She whispered in his ear before running her tongue over his blood coated ear. Stepping away from him, Persefoni giggled as she began to padded away into the next room.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 am

Quote :
Patience, a virtue? On a hunt, quite definitely. With the right amount of waiting and counting time, any prey was easy to catch and defeat within a few bounds. The tiger supposed he could play the same logic with his panther. If he were to have that patience, he may very well lure her right back to him, and sink his teeth in to leave his own amusing mark upon her skin, truly claim her as his. His skin rippled at the thrill. He would place his paws where need be until he had a chance at her again, to go in for the metaphorical kill. Her purring pulled him fully out of his thoughts, able to catch her words in time to let them soak in. He certainly would like a challenge. This manor always got too boring, too repetitive. Other than his hunts every now and again to drench himself in another's blood, and attending those exciting council meetings, he did not have much to do around here. Forcing himself to a deadline to catch a deadly feline, now that was an appealing proposition. One he would gladly give his all to, if just to see how far she was willing to push him. If he could get her...it would be his greatest accomplishment by far. Better than all of the trophies he had gathered, better than his riches and wealth. A dominating woman by his side would overcome it all. The words 'brownie points' slid into his ear with that particular tongue of hers, the feeling of its roughness against his ear sending some of his fur standing. Oh, kitty kitty. Grinning widely, he paused for a moment only to watch her pad away from him, before he strode after her, keeping the space between them just enough that their fur didn't happen to be touching. "Then force me to a limit, my panther. See if my claws can truly succeed at what they do, see if this tongue can grace your pelt again. I can assure you that you'll be feeding me brownies out of your own teeth when we finish our dance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Holding the bundled fawn, he stepped up to the grave softly. Atticus remained in the back as long as his Aunt wanted him to and he remained standing, quietly allowing the girl to brush a tear from her cheek. She was quite a strong woman. He lowered his eyes while she glanced over her shoulder, feeling a sharp sting in his chest from her look. She had lost everything. Her family and now her little brother were in the afterlife while she remained here, watching her last memory fade before her eyes. It was amazing how such an individual could cope under such circumstances; he knew a lot of people couldn’t handle it as well. The second she did that, he lifted his head and glanced at the open hole in the ground quietly. Aunt Sophia held her hand on the girl's shoulder for relief as he walked by and crept to his knees, rolling the covered fawn into the loose soil. He was very delicate as he placed the bundled fawn into the dirt, keeping its body shielded from the girl while she watched. Then he proceeded to cover up the body and put it to rest. Even if his Aunt remained quiet, Atticus assured Ameya while he buried the fawn, ”don’t worry, he will be comfortable…he is not the only fawn buried here…” He told her quietly, hoping it would give her some comfort. Even if it was just a little. The man swept the dirt over the hole until it had finished. Then he softly crept back to his feet. He rested his hands by his sides and stepped away to give Ameya the space she deserved, holding his head low in reverence.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Gently sliding the shirt to the ground and slipping off her jeans, Angeline remained dressed in a bra and underwear. The village either swam in their animal forms, in their clothes, or like this. It was normal behavior for them so she laughed at his face when she realized it wasn’t so normal where he was from. Theo seemed a tad embarrassed or one might say even red in the face. Goodness this poor guy didn't get out did he! Oh right, he came from the outside world. She had to keep reminding herself since he always seemed to fit in so well here. It was rather fitting but somewhat amusing to her. The girl twirled her strawberry blonde hair and tucked it over one shoulder while he removed his shirt and talked about this thing being new to him. "Yeah I didn't even think of that. I'm sorry." She giggled at him a tad, feeling really ashamed for putting him in this position. Was this even a good idea then? Was he alright with this? She had a million questions spinning in her head so she forced herself to acknowledge his side in this. "Hey, if you don't want to it's fine! I totally didn't think this would be weird," she said, nibbling her soft lips. Lightly, Angeline laughed at his little comment. Her cheeks immedineatly went red and she stepped back into the water. "Oh my goodness, well you aren't to bad yourself!" She smiled at his physique, glancing away for a moment.

Quote :
Raziel Reneux

She sucked in whatever insults she could throw at him. The only thing she could use to handle the circumstance was the thought of her nice golden cage and her fresh supply of fruits ready for her at the Estate. Other than that, Raziel might as well have given up. She was WAY out of her element here. She had never interacted with anyone outside of typical guards, guests, and Lythedh. Even in those situations, she was always avoided since she was considered to be the pet of the house. It was all the life she had ever known, there was nothing before it. So because of her upbringing, she never could relate to anyone. They seemed more like objects than living beings to her; so why affiliate with them anyone when they'd never be a part of her life? The sugar glider didn't give it much thought however. She sprung off of the tree the second the bat began leading the way. The skin between her limbs spread out as she caught the wind and glided down beside him. Her tail was used as a rudder to steer over the branches. His little banter went in one ear and out the other. "Save it for your future girlfriend, ok?" The rodent muttered back. She couldn't figure out whether he was a player or simply desperate for a female. Now that she thought of that, a sudden thought came to her head. ‘Great, he probably thought catching me would cause me to fall for him.’ She rolled her eyes. ‘Fat chance of that happening!’ "But thanks for speeding things up." She admitted off to the side.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Quote :

Watching Atticus gently lay her brother into the grave and Aunt Sophia's hand on her shoulder, Ameya crouched down to help him cover Akins little body and the sheet with the drying soil. Once all the soil was back in the hole and the covered fawn was no longer in sight, the young woman let out a soft mournful sigh before nodding her head in response to Atticus. "Thank you, I know he'll rest easy here. He has nothing to fear anymore." She gave the red stag a warm but weak smile before allowing herself to rest on the ground on her knees, her legs folded underneath her. Running her left hand across the mounded up soil, for a moment she closed her eyes as she began once more to hum. That humming soon turned into singing, a song her people sang to send off their loved ones to the afterlife. "Deep in the meadow, under the willow, A bed of grass, a soft green pillow, Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes And when again they open, the sun will rise...." As the young doe sang, she slowly picked through the loose soil picking out small rocks and laying them around the outer edge of the grave. "Here it's safe, and here it's warm Here the daisies guard you from every harm Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true, Here is the place where I love you..." Her song continued as she spotted a few purple clover flowers just off to the side. Standing up, Ameya stepped over towards them and gently picking before placing the three flowers on top of the mound. She was doing everything to keep herself from breaking down into tears again, she knew Akin was safe and resting easy now, and with her song, he'd find his way into the clouds and to their family. "Deep in the meadow, hidden far away A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray....." Through her singing, the white-tailed doe slowly mended and tidied the edges of the grave, something her tribe did to all new graves together. Of course, this time she was alone with her tribe's tradition. It was one of the only instances everyone would take on their human selves instead of staying in their natural forms. With a few more rocks picked out and place around the grave, Ameya finished her song "Here is the place where I love you... " A soft smile rested on her lips as her brow began to wrinkle with sadness. However, the girl closed her eyes and took in a gentle breath to calm the ache in her chest. Standing there now in silence she wrapped her arms across her waist area. She was alone, yet she wasn't she had Aunt Sophia, Atticus, and the village, she'd be safe and find family in this new home. Lifting her head from its previous posture, Ameya turned and looked to Atticus and Sophia "Thank you both, for everything." Her voice was soft an somewhat shaky. "I would like to gather some flowers, I can do that on my own that way the two of you can rest" she knew how tired Atticus was, after all, he did run to the village like his life depended on it and continued to mend her wound and dig a grave. He needed rest and she wanted his Aunt to rest as well, this all had to be a lot on her plate all of a sudden.

Quote :

A hearty laugh left the small bat at the fluff ball's suggestion, "Save it for my future girlfriend aye?" he repeated under his breath. "I'd rather tease you, darling... you are a bit more fun then most women I come across." He said with a chuckle, "So, Princess, let's get your little ass up to the crazy ol'hag in the elder oak... She'll tell us which way to go... We just need to pry it out of her." He told her as he soared ahead of the little glider. "Don't mention it... Just make sure you can keep the hell up, I'd rather get the f*** out of here sooner rather than later," he admitted, clearly, the bat's mood had shifted he wasn't the playful fellow he was being earlier.

Quote :

A bit of laughter left the females maw as she picked up her pace. Going from a confident prance through the manor Persefoni began running from one room to the next. She was trying to lose her little lovesick tiger friend. "Force you? My, my, aren't we so bold." She stated loudly back at him as she had made some distance between herself and him. Leaping up the wall and on to a ceiling beam, the panther watched for the tiger to come through the doorway below. "Fine, my lovely Lythedh... You have thirty days... Your time will be up at sunset on the thirtieth day." Grinning down at the brute of a tiger she chuckled, "We'll see if you actually get to grace my pelt with you rough tongue again." She attempted to tease him with her lusty tone. She wondered, just how long could he keep up with her game and stay within the lines. "And.. if you are lucky... that's only if... I may give you a little treat here and there." She told him with a frisky wink. "Maybe even, better than brownies." She suggested with a flick of her tail and a smirk on her muzzle. She wanted to get to know this tiger more and she felt that right now teasing him to his limit would be the best way to do that.

Quote :

Will be coming in in the next post for sure lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Theodemar

Quote :
Theodemar still stumbled on how to phrase his thoughts, them happening to swarm any common sense that he tried to grapple to himself. This was so new, and her standing like that...he was lucky they were alone, or he would have sank below those waters to avoid their gaze, lacking in swimming skill or not. But her question caught him off guard, and he almost choked on his saliva, coughing a few times and resting a fist over his chest. "Oh, no no, this is great, yeah. Don't worry about me." He stepped forward again, moving his fist to scratch the back of his head. The heat would simply not leave his cheeks, and he was sure that with one more look at her, he'd be losing his mind. "I just gotta get used to it. I'd like to do this again, not necessarily because of how you are like this - I mean! Ugh, I can't say what I mean anymore." He laughed nervously, removing his gaze from her for once before he stepped into the water, the cool liquid pooling around his ankles and providing a decent reprieve from the warm day. This had become the absolute most terrifying thing in the world, and he wasn't hardly a foot again. He was two feet in, and completely petrified stiff. Her compliment caught to the wind and drifted to him, and out of shock, he stepped forward again, only to fall flat into the water. He flailed aimlessly for a moment, before he pushed himself up to sit near shore. He took a deep breath, but he couldn't hold back his bright laughter, feeling foolish for being so afraid just seconds ago. It was only water, and now it felt much nicer than how he imagined it. He tried to stand up, but stayed sitting for a few moments as he grinned at her again. "I think you need to stop complimenting me, or I'm going to start expecting it! And become one of those pompous elk men that Atticus tells me of."

Lord Lythedh

Quote :
The tiger lord was surprised by her sudden increase of speed, but he pursued in his chase, her words echoing down the various halls and filling his entire universe with an enlightenment that couldn't be matched. He kept his chase, his claws clicking on the wooden floors before he made a turn and saw her furry black behind vanish behind the next corner. He smirked with a low chuckle escaping his maw, flicking his tail before he quickly followed suit. As he finally set foot in the room she resided in, her claim of deadline boomed throughout the area. Thirty days...what a strict line to follow. But not anything he wasn't used to. The smirk was still splayed proudly on his muzzle, and taking another step, he lifted his head to watch her parade on the beam far above. This kitty was his new favorite thing. "Thirty days, and treats between? What a wonderful prospect." What types of tricks did she have up her little sleeves? He was keen to know each one of them, pull them from her and give them back, with his own twist. He would make their knot so tight that it would be cruel for either of them to part from one another. "I accept your contract, and sign it with my own blood. By the thirtieth sunrise, we will be far beyond this little game, and your pelt will be groomed every morning by me, and me alone." He blinked slowly at her, the tip of his tail swaying back and forth just a bit. "You will see that any man before me is nothing more than scrap meat to feed to the dogs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

A delicate song drifted from the girl's mouth while she tended to her brother's grave, taking small rocks and putting them around the fresh soil. She lamented while he quietly stayed away. By the time she had finished her song, her cheeks wet from her tears, Ameya thanked them for what they did. She also mentioned finding flowers for the grave. Aunt Sophia replied. "Alright, if you insist. If you need any help or want a place to rest, you can stay at my house for as long as you'd like." She smiled warmly before gently turning her attention to her nephew. While she was talking, Atticus had started to walk back through the forest to the village. His Aunt nibbled her lip as she quietly looked at him, watching as he slipped away. Atticus stepped into the underbrush and back out to the dirt path of the village. While a few deer walked past him, he began to amble up the hill against the sun to his mother's house. He wanted to care for his mother if his Aunt was looking after Ameya; after the funeral and everything, he figured he'd want some quiet time as well. When he made it to the porch, he lingered by the door for a moment. He rubbed his sweaty and sore neck. He breathed out deeply through his lips and he gradually sank down to the floor with his back against the wall with a hand on an elevated knee and the other leg outstretched. The soft breeze was nice. The man closed his eyes, now resting his head back quietly. The shade of the roof was keeping him cool as he rested beside the door, taking a quick break before getting to work.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She could only laugh at his choice of words; he was sounding just like her now. It amused her. Angeline sent him a smile before draping her hair back over her shoulder, giggling at his little remark about 'wanting to do this again.' "I mean yeah, that's fine. Most people do it here, especially in the summer." She said, watching him step into the lake. He seemed to clench up as he took another foot in, she didn't know what to think. Was he okay? Still blaming any issue on herself, the girl began to stride backwards into the water. It came about mid-stomach just before Theo had fallen in and started flailing frantically. She lurched in, almost acting like she would catch him before flinching hard and pulling back. Angeline looked like she sucked on a lemon from the face she was making. He splashed water around like a distraught fawn before going to ground. She pursed her lips before gradually slipping away from the water while he laughed at himself. In response, she only giggled weakly, still chewing on her lip. Theodemar gave a snide comment about her compliment by the time she reached the land, walking out to his side. Angeline had heard it but she only smiled and anxiously glanced over her shoulder. "Um, I don't think this is your thing so..." Turning, the girl went and sat by his side with her arms folded over her legs. She giggled at him. "I think we had better stay here then, huh." She smiled a tad before looking back out over the water, not sure why he had acted that way but not giving it much thought.

Quote :
Raziel Reneux

Well she knew it would have bit her in the behind for bringing up a 'future girlfriend' but at least his response wasn't AS annoying as she thought it'd be. Still, it was enough to make her snicker at the thought - yes, she was right, he really reeked of desperation. "Yeah. Not gonna happen." The silver sugar glider told him bluntly, following him with the wind carrying her small body. Her tail steered while she kept up the pace. Most of the time, Raziel stared ahead when she listened to him but to his last comment, she raised an eyebrow in a peculiar manner. Her little ear twitched. His growing attitude was a tad amusing to her and unexpected. She chuckled and said something French under her breath before addressing him, "I agree. Let's hope she has some good news then." She huffed.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 pm

The elk man coughed a few times to rid of any excess water he swallowed wrong, before he was finally able to gain his bearing and gaze at the girl beside him. He felt a tinge of shame for ruining their experience - he should know how to do this like every other male in the village. "Heh...maybe just for a minute or so. We did not swim often at the estate. We didn't have a lake or a pool or anything to dip ourselves in, unless if you include the oceans of sweat we all drowned in." He flashed her a cheeky smile, before his gaze slipped back to the lake that continued to beckon him. Almost a mockery, wanting him to make a fool of himself again. He was in no state to make Angel proud of him in that moment. "That, and the fact that the floor of this water is slippery. I don't know how you hold yourself up so well." Leaning back on a hand, he gestured out to the gentle waves that lapped up to the shore near them. "Mud has never been my forte. Despite how much experience I've had, I've never had the power to climb over it. My feet sink in, and woosh, away my balance goes." Bouncing around the issue at hand wouldn't ever help him in the long run, but he figured for now, it was safe. Once he learned to properly wade beside her in the glory that was the secluded body of water before them, he could evade any humiliation and act as though he did know all along. Maybe. One of these days, though, he'd find a way to learn, and not kill himself doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Oh, right. That made sense then, if there was no pool, then how would he ever swim? Angeline nibbled her lip at the thought of the Estate. It was a little...crazy to think about, even imagine. What did it even look like? What did the trees look like and the people? "Sorry, I've never been out of the village like I've been saying. I just assume you know the same things I do, which is very silly, I know..." She murmured quietly and pulled herself in tightly, resting her chin on her knees with a soft look in her green eyes. She was thinking about the leopard that ventured into the village with Atticus. It was a shame she left so soon, she really wanted to meet her. After all, she had never seen anything other than deer, it would have been pretty cool. "I can't imagine how big the world really is. I can't even think about any place different from here!" Angel passed a slow look at him after he explained about his balance in the water. It was kind of sad really. Swimming was amazing and he didn't know what he was missing. She gently nibbled on her lip as he finished, pulled forward, and picked up her shirt from the floor. Brushing off the loose soil off, she gently slid her shirt over her head and put her pants on afterwards. Then she sat by his side again with her arms tightly curled around her chest. She smiled at him. "So...what do we do then?" She smiled asked. "I can't really think of anything other than meeting Mordecai but that wouldn't be fun - I mean, I don't think so anyway. So what do you think, should we head back then?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Theodemar frowned slightly at her words, tilting his head as he scooted an inch closer to her. "No, no, it's alright. As a fellow deer, I should know things that you know. I guess I was just...raised in a different habitat. I'll fit in in no time, if you're here to teach me how it all works." His smile became something more tender, more genuine before she spoke again. The world beyond. It was quite a place, though he couldn't say he had been to many places outside of the bubbles of space he had occupied over the years. He himself was curious of the earth that extended beyond their borders. "Perhaps one day, when we have the resources, I can take you near places I've been." He cleared his throat. "I mean, there's a few towns that I have been through when escorting my Lord. We could find them, see the different types of people and cultures. I know there are many types of animals out there...I want to show you them. At least, the safe ones." Chuckling softly, he extended his legs out towards the water. Her mention of fun did catch his interest though, and he raised a brow as he looked to her again. "I like being away from the bustle of the town, actually. We could always head back to your place, but this...this is nice. Nature, without the worry of anyone else interfering. Besides, I'm sure we have a lot to discuss, right? I've wanted to know more about you, and this is a good place to do it. The sun keeps us warm, and we have peaceful scenery. But it is up to you if we stay, of course. I wouldn't want to impose on your time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

A giggle left her lips. "I'd love to show you around." Her eyes traveled to his face and her cheeks went red for a split second. Then the heat left her face as he continued to talk. "Perhaps one day, when we have the resources, I can take you near places I've been." She couldn't stop from smiling immedineatly after and her smile grew the more he talked. With a gleam in her eye from his proposal, she seemed to almost glow from the excitement of a trip out of the village. It would be just what she wanted. "Really!? You mean that?" She asked, absolutely beaming. After a second, Angeline leaned in and shoved his shoulder hard, "oh stop kidding, that'd be amazing! Wow! Like wow...I literally can't imagine that, that would be so much fun!" Theo stretched out to relax and she did the same, still smiling at him while he talked about preferring to stay and talk. She didn't admit it of course but she was hoping he'd say something like that. Angel blushed and shook her head. "Oh don't worry about my time, I hardly pay any attention to it. I'd love to stay here then...get to know you better, y'know." She laid out on the dirt with her head rested on her arm and her eyes staring deeply into his. Gently finding herself smiling, she felt the heat leap into her cheeks again and she couldn't help but giggle.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:53 pm

~Three Months Later~

Theodemar swallowed harshly as he gazed at the water, staring at the depths that awaited him. He wasn't sure what to think, what to do. The past while had been consisting of settling into the village, finding a home and trying to find a job. That wasn't going well, but in the time that he had to spare, he spent it with Angeline his beloved, or here. The holy terror. He was getting better, he had to admit, at swimming through the water. He learned to kick his feet and swing his arms to stay in one place, but he was hopeless when it came to long stretches of water. It was wonderful exercise though. He wasn't quite as toned as he used to be when at the Estate, but he was able to keep some of his muscle by flailing around here for hours. It hadn't gotten much easier, not without a teacher. But he refused to get one. He could do this himself, couldn't he? He was a strong guy, he would be able to swim like a pro in no time and be able to impress Angel for once in the water. Sighing out, he stepped into the water, going until his shoulders just peeked out of the water. He told himself to breathe steadily, and began to try and swim to another part of the shore, knowing that if he needed to, the floor was just beneath him. He paddled his way across, having to stop every so often when he lost his rythym, but he was making progress.

Lythedh laid leisurely on his silk comforter, gazing out the large windows that filled one side of his bedroom. In his tiger shift as he usually was, he watched the sun casting its light over his grand estate and the forests beyond, pleased once more with it. It was always pleasing to see that things were as they were, though there had been many changes around his manor since his Persefoni had decided to stay. Little changes to decor, definitely new trophies, and she had rearranged things to show more class throughout the estate. Though he did have to argue about some of the changes, most of them were a welcomed new change of space. He swung his head slowly over to where she was, a feline smile spreading over his maw. "Lovely morning, isn't it my Persefoni?" he drawled, the tip of his tail brushing back and forth against the sheets and pillows. "Another day to enjoy your presence, and your warmth. Perhaps we should go enjoy the sunshine just so I can see your wonderful body walk through it." His smile slipped into a smirk, glancing over her curiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Quote :
Months. That was how long she was stuck in this purgatory, wasting away every last piece of herself to survive yet another day. The struggle never ended, it seemed. No matter how she cried out to the sky or damned herself to just die already, something kept her alive, kept her pinned to the earth like prey waiting for the final blow. It was torture. Her pelt did not shine, nor did anything else about her. Living off of scraps had been her life, would stay her life. No use returning to the village. She did not belong, that was evident. Observing their ways of life showed her that she would always be out of place. Their families were tied together, an endless path of fate that kept them secured no matter what difficulties. Something unheard of in her own life. She had done much thinking over the past weeks that dragged, as it was the only thing she could do other than sit and do nothing. After all the time she had spent romping through the forests in the past, it seemed pointless to let those memories go to waste. So she paced. Paced around her makeshift den, paced around the village, paced to and fro until the grass was long gone. It didn't help her hunger, but it helped her from going completely insane. Until, recently, when catching prey wasn't so easy, when she lost her speed and her agility in favor of protecting something else. She couldn't survive on the squirrels and the rodents. Then she couldn't survive at all. She was sure it was her last night when the rain pattered outside, trickles of water leaking into the hole she created for herself under a tree. It had taken all of her strength to pull away enough roots and dirt to make enough room, energy that never came back to her. She had stayed here ever since she left...now it would be too small. The pain was unbearable that night. Twisting and turning and hardly able to understand why everything went wrong. An hour passed until she no longer felt the strain of stress pulling from every side of her body. But the outcome was not worth the struggle. Two fur bundles lay still against her, having long their breath long ago. The one left was hardly big enough to be considered a success, but...he was breathing. He likely would not be breathing for long. She solemnly gazed at the young one, pawing for any nutrients with his cries of attention, trying to get any warmth from her. She stayed the night with him between her arms, hoping that maybe he would live. Maybe he would somehow survive off of whatever she had left. If she didn't live, hopefully he would instead. Dawn slowly creeped up on her until she was shutting her eyes to prevent the stream of light that entered through the leaves and down to her abode. The bundle kept breathing...but he was looking about as worse off as she was. Filthy, starving, and cold. She only had one option at this point. Rising to her feet, she felt the pain in her heart as her son began to squeak in alarm, squirming on the ground to find where his mother had gone. But she had to temporarily stand, let her regain balance and work off the aching from spending so long laying on her side. Her eyes glanced to her other two. Grey, dusted with white and tan. Then to the survivor. Red. A storm was to be had within him if he were to make it. Her throat tied into a thick knot, making it hard to swallow. Red. The simple word created an agony of memories to flood through her, and it was all she could do to push them back, and push forward as she exited the tiny cave. The grass felt cold, but so did the rest of the forest. She felt unwelcome here, suddenly. As though the trees and the foliage knew of her plan and only beckoned her to follow it. Stepping around the tree, she took a deep breath before her paws dug into the soil. It was not long before a hole was made. Her eyes stared down at it and she pondered. Pondered what she could have done to prevent the loss that now hung heavy on her shoulders. But she had no time for such things. She had a responsibility now, and could mourn when she was able. Crawling back into her own hole, she took the two grey young into her jaws, feeling the painful cold they both held. Not one bit of warmth was within them. She took them to the hole and set them down, cuddled close to one another. At least in the afterlife, they would be together. Yet now her one left would have nobody but her. Sucking in a breath to remove the tears behind her eyes, she covered the grave and didn't let herself stay. Pulling her one left from the cave, she made her way across a path she knew by heart. All she felt was misery. If she died right now, perhaps it would be better off in the end. She almost thought of just laying there until the end, until the warm scruff in her jaws reminded her otherwise, the pleas from the cub echoing too loudly in her head to stop. She had brought him here, but she did not want to take him out of it. He had a better chance than she ever did. She raised her head, following her trail until she reached her destination. The entrance of the deer tribe. She wondered whether she should become a human again, as she stared at the border. Maybe she would have a better chance. But her son would not. She would have to go in as she was. Her heart racing, she stepped across the invisible line she had drawn for herself and walked forward. She did not know what she would do, or what would solve anything. But she entered into the village, set her son on the ground, and roared. A pitiful noise, coming from a starved snow leopard. She just needed something to gather any attention at all. "Please, someone help," she called, the first time she had truly spoken in a long time. "I need someone to help..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sub-Zero
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 am

Atticus Cross

Months had come and gone, almost as quickly as the seasons. With the fall of winter, came relief and happiness for Atticus, his Aunt, and their family friends. He sat on his mother’s bed, sharing stories to her and holding her hand tightly as he discussed the many things he had kept pent up. He hadn’t smiled for so long in his life. The man lingered, wanting to leave her side so she could rest but he was so caught up in her presence that he could scarcely think of leaving. The two weeks with her felt like a dream. She had come out of her coma not two weeks ago, making it the longest time she had ever been under. But this was both good and bad news. Bit by bit, it was evident her condition was deteriorating. It was a worrisome sign, but in the meantime, she was alive and awake. Little had changed for her, but a lot had changed in the village so while she was awake, Atticus told her about his time at the Estate, Theodemar the guard, Ameya with her brother, and finally – Aaliyah. He didn’t plan on sharing so much with his mother in so little time but she had such a way with him. She was so easy to open up with and so easy to spill everything to. She was his foundation. As a result, bringing up the snow leopard was difficult but he even admitted his feelings for a predator. His mother of course gave a shrewd grin and she shook her head at him with the same amused tone she always had. “I always knew does were too easy for you,” she said, resting against the bedframe with a pillow behind her head. “You get that from me you know. I’m no willy-nilly fluff butt either. You need a real girl with guts…or a girl that eats guts if you’re into that, which I guess you are.”

“Well geez mom,” he sputtered. He put his hand on his forehead and tried not to laugh but he couldn’t help himself.

“I know, I know.” She rubbed her thumb on his hand, lifting an eyebrow with a faint chuckle. “You always had an eye for danger, huh.” She teased, smiling down for a moment before glancing back up at his face. She couldn’t lean forward due to her back, though she was stubborn enough to want to rest against the backboard. She bid him to come closer and Atticus did. Valencia set her hand on his cheek and he came and softly grazed his forehead against hers, desperately wanting to hug her but he knew he couldn’t. She bit her bottom lip. “I’m so proud of you. You have done so much for me and for people you love; I can’t express how proud I am of you.” She assured him. “You know, you’re a little of your father and a little bit of me. You’re not quite either of us -thank hell for that, he’s dead and I’m in this rickety bed, barely able to move and nonsense.” She saw the brief hurt in his eye when he pulled away, feeling pain by the thought of losing her. She wasted no time shushing him though and she waved her hand at him. “Oh stop that, I’m fine. I’m just saying you got your father’s heart and my damn stubbornness and you aren’t dead so we made one helluva kid.”

When he heard that, he shook his head with a chuckle.

She arched a brow at the reaction, huffing. “What?” She questioned. “I gotta compliment my son, I know no one else has the sense to - I sure know my sister won’t.” She glanced at the door with a sincerely bored look. It was nice to see her adopted sister again but it felt like no time had passed. The mother scoffed. “She’s a doll, don’t get me wrong, but no matter how many times I’m knocked out of this world, she remains the exact same.” She said.

Atticus laughed at her quietly and leaned back into the bed, he kissed her forehead with a smile. “Love you mom.” He said, pulling back a little. “Get some rest, okay. Aunt Sophia told me not to get you too riled up.”

At that moment, Valencia Red crinkled her nose and scoffed. “Ah to hell with her, I’m as fit as a lion by golly, I do what I want – tell her to get in here, I’ll kick her sorry a** myself!”

The man smirked at the reaction, glad to see his mom was exactly how he remembered her, fiery and stubborn as ever. He lifted away from the bed, gently coming to his feet. “Yep, I know you could.” He affirmed, knowing just how determined she could be sometimes. He replied, forcing himself to step away. “But lions have to sleep to you know.”

“I don’t need sleep; I’ve been sleeping for months!” She grumbled as she glanced away with her soft blue eyes. “Maybe I’ll shut my eye for five minutes but only that…”

Dean Marten

Leaning against a building within the town nearest to the Estate, the pine marten had a toothpick between his teeth and a haughty smirk on his lips. Light trickled in over the rooftops of the building but he was neatly tucked away in the shade, currently in the middle of a conversation with a murder of crows. He had his tail suavely draped over one foot while his other foot rested against the brick wall for support. The crows on the other hand were stood in the cobblestone road, listening intently to what he had to say. “-now squirrels are another animal entirely, you see mates.” He snapped his claws together and made a curve shape with his hands. “Got some nice curves, good tail, and rather fine personalities. They’re a level eight female. In the bird world, I’d assume the closest you guys have are…” He tried to think of it. “Magpies, yes. That’s the one. For you boys though, I’d keep an eye out for the magpies. They got all the flash and personality you need, trust me. They don’t mind the dirt and they’re nothing but benefits.”

A crow nudged the other one with a smirk on his glossy beak. “See, he’s good.” He said, having told the rest of his group about him. “See!”

Another crow acknowledged the marten’s smooth talk and looked at him with a pent up question; he stepped forward to ask it. “What do you think about rock doves? I’ve had my eye on one but I can’t decide if I want her.”

“Eh.” The animal did a casual ‘so-so’ gesture with a puff, giving his input. “Yea, they’re plump and humble. They can make you turn a beak their way, but it’s a lot of commitment, plus the females get moody when they’re far into the relationship. If you’re a family man, go for it but if you’re more like me,” he pulled the toothpick from his teeth. He looked at the crow like an animal that knew everything. “Just go for the magpie.”

The crows nodded their heads and chatted amongst each other, quite impressed with the advice. They started to thank him and hobble back up the street.

Dean waved his toothpick to bid them farewell with that same savvy grin of his. “I’ll be here all week. Thank you for your business, g’luck mates.” In exchange for that little discussion, he was given rations of food. Dean threw down his toothpick, lowered off the wall and on all fours, and he picked up and dragged the dead lizards he was given. They were the perfect meals and all well-earned – well, mostly. He chuckled at himself, especially at the stupidity in this place. He had assumed crows were smart from what was always said, but that bunch were dumb enough to fall victim to his smooth talk. There was no scam here, except for paying for unnecessary information – much like paying a fortune teller. It was ridiculous but very easy and very lazy living on his part and he was mighty successful.

Angeline Grey

Back behind a wooden display at the front of her home, she had worked up the nerve to start selling paintings with the pressuring of her friends. The girl was very nervous at first, she had sold items for someone else’s stand before but never for her own things – especially her art. That was something she kept personal to her, even if she only painted landscapes. It was the fact that some of the villagers had never seen them in person, while even fewer knew she painted at all. Would they want to buy them? Would they even want to look at them? Sometimes, she didn’t know. The nervous grey brocket was shivering at her first attempts to call people in. But she was very relieved to see her closer friends had come in to see her designs before she had to advertise to other people. Miyah Water was a water deer she had grown up with. Well, technically, she had known everyone in the village since she was young, except for Theodemar and Ameya but that was beside the point. Her friend admired her work, asked how long it took, and gave her some confidence. Angeline sucked air in through her lips and back out of her tiny lungs. She felt like a newborn fawn. As a few hours came and went, people stopped by and bought a painting or two. She felt rather proud of herself by the end, considering the individuals she had known for so long were amazed by her work. Angel was giddy and prancing about, she shifted into her human form and packed up the remaining artwork, returned the stand to her neighbor and immediately picked up a blank canvas, paint, and paintbrushes. She assumed all the praise must have gone to her head because she was more eager to paint than ever and knew exactly where to begin. There was a beautiful clearing just out of reach of the village. It was secluded by the underbrush but there was a small snow covered meadow, orange lighting, and a spectacular setup. The place had been so perfect but she was scared she wasn’t good enough to even imagine painting it. Today she was feeling ready. Resting on her knees in the underbrush, feeling the dirt dig into her skin, the strawberry blonde girl dabbed her paintbrush on her pallet and began to color in the basic designs. She was feeling so inspired, she found herself smiling at her work as the backdrop began to unfold before her eyes. Bit by bit, the blobs of paint was becoming the forest clearing. Then suddenly, Angeline paused. She furrowed her brow after hearing an earsplitting roar. In a flash, it sent fear striking down her bones. Her eyes went wide and she sputtered as she tried to pick everything up in a hurry, thinking fangs would be upon her in seconds or that the village was under attack. But then she stopped and thought about the sound and then about the leopard, after all, why would a big cat suddenly roar? Especially since it was so darn close, there must be a reason it did that. And it must not have been a coincidence! Her beating heart began to soften at this realization and she gently set the objects aside, brushed pants, and glanced at the direction of the sound. It was awfully close to her location. Yes, it had to be Atticus’s leopard. Angeline sucked air into her lungs but she felt safer approaching the noise in this form then in her natural one, in case things went wrong, at least she had size on her side. Gaining the courage to walk out after danger, the girl began to march to the big cat, clenching her hands out of fear. She smacked a branch out of her face, and hiked through the trees for some time before seeing other deer scatter into their homes. There were several bucks out, in case things went awry but for the most part, no one was out. If they heard a roar, they stayed put in their homes. But as far as she could see, Angeline was the only one walking toward the sound. The larger bucks and stags were contemplating a form of attack but she stalked past them and hurried along in the tree line. She kept her head low.

Before long, she had in fact seen a worn grey creature. The animal was panting madly, simply exhausted and dirty. The girl was extremely cautious to approach considering she had never seen a leopard in her life so she didn’t know if this was the girl Atticus had taken in. She didn’t even know what animal this was. Quietly and slowly, Angel tiptoed out of the tree line so the worn feline could see her. She had her hands out, gently stepping in closer, obviously afraid from the look in her eye. The color was almost completely washed out of her face. “Um…don’t-don’t hurt me…” Her voice was but a squeak. “Are…are you Aaliyah?” She asked, cringing at the thought of the animal pouncing on her at this very moment. All she had ever known were stories about being mauled to death by predators, what was she doing? Was this even her? Swallowing hard and biting on her lip, Angeline eventually noticed a small red animal beneath the cat and she immediately realized why the feline had come. She was a mother, a very desperate mother from the looks of things. Her arms came by her sides and all of her thoughts and worries fell away; she thought of nothing but their safety. “Oh my goodness, are you alright!” Angeline asked with a sudden wave of confidence, regardless of whether this was Aaliyah or not. She started to walk in as the fear immediately left her mind. “Don’t worry, we’ll help you and your baby. It’ll be okay.”
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Aaliyah's heart continued to pound, shaking on her paws. The entire village was eerily quiet after her roar, her voice seeming to do the opposite of what she had hoped to garner. Even an attack out of nowhere would provide her with a reason to fight and defend her reasons, or perhaps one of the stags she had seen would be Atticus. That was a wild chance, but he would be the only one to stop them from mauling her. Every second that passed though, she lost hope, her insides churning painfully as she looked down at her cub, who curled into her paw with loud whimpers. Why couldn't she do more for him? Why couldn't she do more for herself? Her eyes grazed over the village, looking for anyone that could possibly exit a house, even toss her a bowl of water or perhaps a scrap of food. She really didn't know what she needed to start the process of mending, of restarting her life from scratch. She lowered her head and was going to pick up her son when a voice caught her ear. She lifted her head immediately and turned to see a young woman there. Someone she definitely did not recognize. Her instincts told her to run, protect her baby, but...she knew who she was. The leopard's eyes widened as she stared at her, taking a step back and crouching lower to the earth. There must have been rumors that kept spiraling about her here, no matter how long it had been. It felt like years since she had last stepped foot in here, rushed to comfort after her fall. But perhaps it was not that long, if this person knew who she was. She opened her maw to speak, to explain, until her company seemed to fully understand the dilemma. Help. She would give help. Aaliyah felt as though she could burst into tears at the gentle nature of this girl, just the fact that she was willing to get them to safety. She might be a terrible carnivore by blood, but she refused to give into temptation. She suffered much more because of her choices, but she had to. She would not ruin anyone's lives because of her own foolish mistakes. Besides, once she was in her human form again, she wouldn't have to fear about staying alive. For now, she needed to at least make it through the day, alongside her newborn. She bowed her head and stepped back, tentative of the approach but telling herself over and over that things would be okay. "Thank...thank you," she gasped, swallowing to prevent herself from bawling and losing all control of her emotions. She and her baby were not out of the worst of it yet. "I am Aaliyah...but please, I can't give anything to my son, I don't know if he will survive, I-" Her throat closed and she winced, shutting her eyes tightly. It was hard enough to speak, let alone try to get her emotions into words. She nudged the cub forward slightly, her ears flat against her head as she heard his cries. He wouldn't stop, and she couldn't help him. It hurt her more than she expected it would, and she was sure she would die of heartbreak sooner than anything else if things went downhill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:40 am

Quote :
Ameya White : Tags: Open

Listening to her boots crunch the snow beneath her, she tried to tune out the love-struck buck that trailed behind her. Anything the male could compliment her on he did, it was sickening how desperate he was. Rolling her eyes at his honeyed words, her hands slowly balling into fists. "Why don't you spend a little time with me? I'm sure I'm just as entertaining as that woman's nephew." Stopping in her tracks Ameya's brow twitched, 'Who is he-... Is he talking about Atticus?!' That was it, she had it! This bull crap had been allowed to continue for much too long for the doe's taste. Hearing the sound of the males steps change behind her and the touch of his grubby hand on her shoulder... Ameya's eyes darkened, the timing was perfect and she wasn't about to let the chance slip from her fingertips. Spinning around on her heels the young girl pulled back her left arm and punched him right in the face. Feeling her knuckles collided against his jaw caused a smiled to flash over her face for a split second. That felt nice. The young man stumbled backward before slipping on a patch of ice and landed on his rear in the snow. Clutching his jaw the lad looked up at the doe with wide eyes.  Standing over the small rack of a man the white-tailed doe let him have it "For starters! I don't care for men so desperate they reak of it! And if you ever run Atticus' name into the ground I'll stomp you so far into the earth there will be no need for a gravedigger!" The girl's teeth were gritted, "Unlike you, Atticus and his Aunt has shown me the utmost kindness a family has ever given me! He's kind and respectful of others space, he doesn't chase girls around like they are going out of style and he knows when to leave well enough alone! Not only that but he is, in fact, a Gentleman which you are clearly no such thing!" She would have continued, however, the sound of a leopard's distressed roar caught her attention. Pulling her intense glare away from the now terrified buck in the snow. Memories of the past played back in her mind... Akin running for his life and herself striking the Panther to buy them some time... however, unlike other does she didn't scurry off back to the place she was calling home. Ameya stood strong like the few bucks who gathered to attempt to protect the village from the predator. All the while, the buck she had put in his place quickly scampered off like the pansie he was. Standing still among the other bucks, listening and watching, Ameya's mind traveled to the rumors that she'd heard here and there about a Snow Leopard. It had to be her, the Snow Leopard Atticus had brought home. From the sound of her cry, she was in need of help... Stepping towards the leopard's general direction, Ameya was going to try and assist the creature yet it seemed Angelina was already on the case. Standing silently for a moment, she listened to the Leopard speak to smaller doe. Aaliyah was more concerned for her little one then herself but without nutrients, there was no chance she'd be able to care for the little one between her paws. Stepping forward, Ameya looked from Aaliyah to Angel, "If you need me to get anyone or anything I'll be here to help." She told her gently, though the white-tailed doe had a strong distaste for predators, this particular one and her cub had done nothing to hurt her or her deceased family.

Quote :
Himmat Lasiurus : Tags: Raziel, Ol'hag Lemmy

Hysterical laughing filled the Lasiurus' ears, a scowl plastered across his furry face. "Oh! did I tell you about that one time Johny over there decided to be heroic and try and save a dove from a hungry feline... Oh, man was that a sight to behold." The old woman cackled as she pointed at a very old male bat who could hardly move let alone talk to stand up for himself. Lemmy smacked her batty thigh with her wing as she cackled at the fading memory. "OH! Look! A moth!" she flailed her wing at the tasty morsel while Himmat smacked his face with his wing. "...Lemmy... Please stay focused...." the young male tried to keep his temper under check however it was quite hard, for the past three months they had been fighting with this old bat to simply give them directions. What was even more infuriating was the fact she had given directions to others who come asking why did she have to be so difficult with them!? "Focused? Oh about what dearie?" The ghost bats eyes darted from Himmat to the Glider, "Oh Dearie I've seen you before... During a nightly hunt yes... big house... hmm yes nice lights with moths." instantly Himmat's eyes lit up, "Yes, where is that place!" Himmat's eyes had finally lit up just to be shot down again, "Those were good moths... Had such a rich taste ya know." the old woman paused for a moment as if thinking about something, her head slightly tilted back. Suddenly, her head flipped back over to look at Raziel, "Do you like moths dearie!?" She asked with excitement. Gritting his teeth, Himmat stood over the small bat, "Okay, here's how it is going to be if you don't f*cking tell us where this damn place is I swear to all the bats above I'll-" suddenly the woman began shushing him, "Quiet you hooligan." A hard smack and a stinging pain suddenly came over his head, how he had no idea but that little bat of a woman had hit him with something. Lemmy demanded his silence as the goofy little elder waved her claw at him as if to scold him. "I'm asking the pretty lassy a question... " Once again, Himmat had failed to pry the information out of the old woman. Smacking his wings against his face and groaned as he slid them down over his eyes, he was so done and tired with this old bat. Why... why did she have to be so difficult... nothing ever made since when talking to this woman yet, she acted completely normal around others why... just why.

Quote :

Laying on her stomach, her head laid elegantly across the pillow and her hands were tucked under the soft headrest. Half of her body was uncovered while the other half still had the silky sheets, comforter and furs on her lower half. "Hmmm... A walk in the sun? I will say, my love, the offer sounds lovely." Her tired voice filled the silence which had followed the fading of her tiger's words. "But... Why don't we stay in the warmth of the sheets for a little longer.. hmm?" She questioned as her icy blues slowly opened, rolled towards him and the brightly lit window. Her raven black hair laid sprawled about her pillow and back, some had even fallen in her face. Sliding her hands out from under the pillow the woman propped her head up on her hands leaving her elbows pinned against the mattress. Her fingers rested against her jawline until she rolled onto her side to get a little more comfortable. This left only one of her arms propping her head up. "What do you say, my tiger?" She gave him a mischievous smirk as she slid her free hand up her silky nightwear. As she did this the red slick material fell open more along her leg, as well as around her chest as her fingers traced her collarbone and then her lips, a seductive look flashed through her eyes. Clearly, she was trying to get a rise out of him to get her way, as well as, a bit of amusement. Pulling a little at the opening of her lingerie, Persefoni giggled a little, "My... Just a... few more minutes...?" She batted her eyes at him slowly, her pearly whites gleaming through her red lips. "You know... You can enjoy just a sight right here." she lowered her voice into a more sexy tone, her fingers fiddled with her black locks of hair while she gazed at him.

Quote :
Pandareos Fox : Tags: Open

Padding about the estate, his collar ringing like an annoying bell around his neck, Pandareos sighed roughly as he glared at his reflection in a freshly polished door. 'I swear... I get good connections one day I'll have them all slaughtered.' his ears fell to the sides of his head as he glared at himself. It looked like some sort of true house pet, something he never wanted to be compared to but in all honesty that was exactly what he was... he hated it. Ever since Persefoni became a Lady of the estate he's been treated more and more like a dog on a leash... whereas before, the fox had free range, free choice.... and a little fun on the side though he wasn't quite proud of that fact. He still had rules and missions to full fill however and if he did anything to anger Persefoni his family paid the price as well as himself. So it wasn't all Roses and daffodils but it was better than this. He couldn't even shift and be the man he truly was... and flirting... nearly out of the question unless it was with the maids, they hardly crossed paths with the panther and her mate... Shaking the thoughts aside he waited for a guard to open the door so he could slip out to be among the fresh outdoor life. "They treat me like a damned house cat... if yall don't know I'm a fox." He grumbled below his breath as he grumpily walked across the stone pathway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next