Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Animals Within - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Sophia Roe; Aaliyah

Her voice, which usually radiated in a bubbly confidence, was shriveled down to an awkward murmur at his arrival. She held her newborn in her hand and passed Atticus a glance when he walked up the porch to her side. She swallowed, then stood. It was obvious what she was thinking. It didn't take much to tell. But she respected the distance, and she didn't scorn him or push anything, but the opposite. The frigid winds kissed his face as he gazed out into the frozen landscape, enthralled by the motion of snow in the wind. Aaliyah's voice carried in its ear and he fastened his lips to prepare himself on what she would have to say. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry, before anything else." He sucked air into his lips while his eyes slowly ascended to the icicles clinging to the overhang of the cabin's roof. She apologized for what had happened, and apologized for her behavior and 'making it difficult for everyone here.' A halfhearted laugh escaped her lips following her apology, “I just hope you won’t stay away forever, you know. N-Not as anything particular, but...you know more about this place than I do. I need to make my own living here if people will accept me and...and my son for who we are. I don’t want to consistently rely on others to keep me on my feet, literally and figuratively.” He remained quiet and he gazed off to think. Atticus kept his arms crossed tightly over his chest as he gently listened to all she had summed up before she had expressed her hope of having him around. He would be around, of course. Not as anything in particular though, which Aaliyah had recognized herself. But, he would be around.
Something had bothered him though in what she said. Yes, she apologized...and he was glad. He hated to admit that it softened his heart to hear it but it had. Granted, it was not enough to change anything but perhaps enough to continue to move on from how he was feeling. She apologized for the village and the trouble they went through to keep her here, which was fair. But it wasn't what he wanted to hear from her. It wasn't what he wanted her to admit to. She had y failed to mention all he had gone through to save her too...the sacrifices he made just for her. The risks he took to bring her out...and for what? For her to submit to her captor and bear his child without a fight? To then treat the hospitality of the village by leaving it, only to return on the cusp of death with an offspring that wasn't even his? She was right, she had a lot to apologize for. But she never thought of him, even in her brief overview of an apology. The man chewed at his bottom lip as he juggled with his thoughts, resisting the urge to bring up everything he wanted to say and accuse her of. He wanted to make her see the damage she put him through, but...he just couldn't. In some bizarre way, he had enough sense in his heart to understand Aaliyah and stay silent. The man breathed in some comfort, just hoping he could heal. He made a decision at that point as he turned to look at the small shape of the newborn, nestled against its mother. Atticus's grey blue eyes dipped down to the cub, who's innocent gaze met his own. Then Aaliyah murmured, “I would tell you his name but...I don’t know what you would think. I think it’s best that I wait until after the holiday. But he’s here, and has his eyes open, so you might have him staring at you. Just thought you might like to have been properly introduced in that case.” She attempted to smile, her lips twitching shyly as she forced it. The uncertainty in her expression was in trying to determine how he would react. She had done her best to smother the awkward tension with a small tease, then she waited. And Atticus smiled back. It was a soft, half-hearted smile, but a smile nonetheless. He uneasily pooled air into his lungs to release the pressure off his chest. He bent down to his knees and reached his finger out for the cub to sniff. His subtle smile grew as he watched the cub. It wobbled and teetered, barely able to hold its own weight. "It is weird...seeing a large cat being so small," Atticus muttered sweetly. He gradually drew back his hand and glanced up into Aaliyah's face. Then his smile faded as the moment drew out. The man pulled back from them and said, "Aaliyah, I can't...I can't forgive you yet, even if I wanted to. This is still something I need to get over, and I'm not going to say anything about that until I've seen you change, or if something changes. I just...I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm not going to hold anything against you..." His voice softly rasped as his words softened. "...But it's gonna take some time for me to get over what happened. The village can handle their problems with you. My Aunt vouches for your side, so the village isn't too concerned...me, though?" An exhale surpassed his lips. "You hurt me, constantly...up until the very end. I just can't think about forgiving you until we've completely moved on...I accept your apology, but I'm not quite there for everything else yet." His eyes folded to the side, just so he could focus on something other than her reaction to his words. He never would have thought their ending would have been so quick, but it was. What's done was done, and there was nothing more to do. Atticus lowered his eyebrows and puckered his forehead, casually allowing the history to bury itself with the silence. There would always be good times between them, he knew he would look back on it more happily later. But for now, this was all he could manage. "I just want to say, I...I'm glad you're safe..." He muttered to her without providing any eye contact. "All things considering, I still care about your well being, Aaliyah. I think I always will..." His voice faded like snowflakes on a glass pane.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar

She maintained her deep sleep trance, bundling the blankets about her her arms and legs as if she were holding someone. The girl had her delicate face pressed into its downy fabric, admiring its texture in her dreams. She was on a fresh bed of grass in her dreams. The sun beat down upon her skin. She smelt the crisp earthy air, and stared off at the lakes and rivers beyond her reach. Then a familiar voice lured from the dream. "Angeline." It said. The beautiful backdrop dissolved into darkness as her consciousness slipped back into reality. The girl groaned, stretched, and extended her fingers with a pleased yawn. "Mhmmmh...what...? What time is it?" She mumbled lethargically. Her strawberry blonde hair dipped over her face as she planted her head back in her pillow. She gave out another tired noise before falling silent again. Theo draped a blanket across her back, but she didn't move. “You have some warm food to eat. The village is so quiet, but I’ve heard talks of the festival thing today, so I didn’t want you to miss out in case it started earlier than I would assume.” Her head gradually lifted up from her pillow as she yawned again. Her eyes dizzily fell toward his face and hung there for a second or two. She wavered her head up and down, as a feeble gesture that she understood him, but she was really on the brink of falling asleep again. With the third nod, she registered what he had said. Oh, shoot! Her eyes flung open and drowsiness slunk away. "The festival! The-the uh, winter solstice. Oh shoot!" Ripping off her covers, Angeline leapt out of bed with a baggy t-shirt and simple shorts on. Her bare feet smacked the wood flooring as she glanced toward the door. She gave a dazed look to Theo, still unable to properly get her head around everything yet. "I'm an early bird usually, how late did I sleep in? I was supposed to make breakfast. I'm sorry Theo!"
Quote :
Dean Marten
Tags: Khiana

WIP.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Watching the man approach, Aaliyah couldn’t help but suck in a breath as he crouched down, extending a hand towards her son. Though she had no worries about Atticus ever hurting a cub, let alone anyone else, it was still a shock to see him do such a motion. Her son leaned his head out to eagerly sniff his finger, eyes wide with curiosity. He tried to reach out and take it with his claws, jaws open wide to nibble, but Atticus withdrew it wisely before any real damage could be done. The cub would need to be taught manners. At least, before he started teething on everyone he met. The man began to speak softly, quietly. Her eyes watched as his expression grew solemn, and when he said he was not ready to forgive her...she was not prepared for the stake to the heart she received. It was an ache so deep that it was as though she was arguing with him all over again, foul words exchanged between each other and ending in his leave. She drew in a breath, letting it out in a cloudy haze that faded before her. It wasn’t entirely a surprise to hear he was hesitant about her return in her condition. And although she expected it, to hear she hurt him hurt her even worse. A dagger was twisting in her gut, exposing her to the reality she wasn’t prepared to deal with yet. Both of them avoided gazing into each other eyes. There was too much between them to have any casual conversation, not yet. It would take time, as Atticus said. Nothing would be easy from here on out. But, there was hope. He accepted her apology and was willing to still speak with her, not cast her aside like those she had known in the past. It was something she could hold onto until everything had a clear road. Running her fingers through her cub’s thick winter fur, she focused her eyes on the wood of the porch, planning on telling him to take his time, to do whatever he needed to do, and give him a promise she would do what she could to earn his trust and forgiveness in time. It was the only thing she could want from him, at least for now. Anything beyond was wishful thinking. But he surprised her, breathing out words that she didn’t expect. Cared about her well being? Aaliyah could assume it from how he helped save her from her exhaustion on her arrival, yet knowing he still thought about her in that way almost caused her face to blush, if it wasn’t already affected by the brushes of cold wind on her cheeks. She opened her mouth and closed it again, unsure how to respond to all he had to say. All the speeches she had prepared for him had fallen at her feet, leaving her to pick up pieces and put them together to form some type of response. “I… I’ll always care about yours too, Atticus,” she murmured, hugging her son to her chest to give herself some form of comfort. If she could reach out and hug the stag, she would, but it would likely be quite a while before that was an option. “Take all the time you need, for all of this. I don’t expect your forgiveness, after the...hurt I’ve obviously caused you. Guess ever since the moment I met you, I’ve been a pain.” She laughed just a bit, shaking her head. Predators carried their claws so exposed that it was hard to tell when they tore into something valuable. Hers had shredded the space between her and her stag. Was he even her stag, anymore? It likely was time to move on, consider him just the red stag, her...her nothing, really. Her passing acquaintance. It would take time of her own to stop clinging to his side. “I’m glad to see you again, nonetheless. I’ve missed talking to you, even if it has to be in this situation.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theo watched in great amusement as Angeline sluggishly awoke, grasping onto her surroundings and waking up to greet him. He took a step away from the bed to allow her room, but when he saw those gorgeous eyes of hers meet his, he could have fallen straight on the floor. No matter the time of day, she was still as beautiful as the day he met her. Maybe even moreso, now that they had admitted their love for one another. Though as he was about to approach and teasingly drag her out of bed, she shot herself up, talking of the solstice. He chuckled in surprise and shook his head at her hasty apology. “It’s an hour or two after sunrise, I think. I don’t really know, the sun woke me up.” Stepping to her, he couldn’t help but grin, taking her hand in his and lacing their fingers. “Don’t apologize. I made us some food, and I’ll be more than happy to help you with whatever you need to do with the solstice. Guess I gotta stop keeping you up late, huh?” His face beamed as he led her from the bedroom, out to where the smells of his meal came to greet them. “I just made simple things for today. What all do you need to do for the winter solstice festival, my love? I can go out and get anything we need...though the shops may be closed for the festival, hm.” He tapped his chin. “I just might have to make anything we need. Eggs though, I don’t think I can make. That’s one talent I do not possess.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Aaliyah

The awful but inevitable explanation of being unable to accept her apology yet, sunk into her expression. Her eyes softened, and he knew she tried her best to swallow the reality for what it was now. But she was able to cling to the trickle of hope between them. I… I’ll always care about yours too, Atticus,” she said. His eyes moved to hers, weakening his uneasiness. She offered up kind sympathy, something he least expected. She said he could take all the time he needed, and joked about being a pain from the start. Atticus forced an airy chuckle, but the emerging smile on his lips was a genuine response. "No, of course not. Just because things happened in the past doesn't mean it was all your fault. It was a lot of things, me included. It just happens, and that's okay." He explained sympathetically. His smile turned gentler to the gentle warmth he felt returning to the conversation. Atticus teased, "if anyone was a pain from the beginning, it was Lythedh and his goons at the estate. I'd rather be with you in any situation, than with them for a second. Don't be so hard on yourself, Aaliyah. You did what you felt was right at the time, and I would never take back any of the good memories we've had. Not for a second. I'm sure there will be more good ones in the future too." He listened to her talk about enjoying to be with him, even under these circumstances. Atticus rubbed his hands together and blew in them to warm his fingers. The cloud of his breath emitted from his lips and dissolved in the air. "For as hurt as I seem, I enjoy it too. I really do." He chuckled. "Aren't you...a little cold, being out here? You'll surely catch a cold in that form without a proper jacket, Aaliyah."

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Her dazed gaze rolled around his handsome face for answers. She half-expected him to shoot up in a panic too, but that hadn't been the case. Theo laughed at her and sat by her side after explaining that the sun must have wakened him. “Don’t apologize. I made us some food, and I’ll be more than happy to help you with whatever you need to do with the solstice. Guess I gotta stop keeping you up late, huh?” They held hands and intertwined their fingers. Angeline couldn't prevent a relieved smile from leaping onto her face. A 'whoose' left her lips, and she giggled. "Ah, but what would I do without you, Theo?" Leaning in, Angeline planted a kiss on his forehead before she was led out of bed and into the front room. Appetizing smells drifted into her nose. She breathed in the aromas, smiling. Wow, she was sure lucky with this one. Theodemar was such a gentleman, and he didn't cease to amaze her with his endless surprises. “I just made simple things for today. What all do you need to do for the winter solstice festival, my love? I can go out and get anything we need...though the shops may be closed for the festival, hm.” Her emerald eyes fluttered to his face as she thought for a moment. "I was thinking of making tomato and cucumber farro salad for lunch. I have most of the ingredients already. I just need red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some parsley. Then we should be good! You're wonderful, Theo. How about we focus on eating and enjoying each other's company for now," she offered lovingly. Still holding onto his hand, she patted it with her other hand in a playful manner and faced him. "But don't worry, silly! I can handle cooking eggs if we ever need it. Not for this meal though, and I'll come with you to shop for ingredients. It'll be fun!" Angel beamed.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Hearing Atticus brush off her insinuation caused breath to seep from her lungs, clouding in the cold as she gazed up at him. It did cause a smile to come across her face, the teasing disdain towards the tiger lord that shredded anything between them. Too many things the male had ravaged his way through. Yet the stag spoke of a brighter future, going past what was done and making do with what they were given. It was true; they needed to use what was done and use it to propel them onward to better things. He enjoyed her company, and her to his in return. It was comforting to know he kept hope of recovering the mess they were thrown into. “Thank you for your words… Lythedh was and is quite the thorn in the paw, or I guess hoof.” She smiled just a bit, nudging him lightly with her shoulder. “But I have to take the credit for some of the wrongdoing. I didn’t use your training to fight when I clearly should have. Some things could have been avoided…” Looking down to her cub laying peacefully in her arms, she continued to stroke her fingers across his red fur dusted with white flakes of snow. “However, I’ll take your word for it. We have what we have now, and don’t have time to worry about whatever the past was. It lays where it landed, and that’s where it will stay for now.” A comforting sigh left her lips now chilled from the cold wind. Watching the snowfall ahead of them, she couldn’t help but be surprised when the man commented on her lack of winter attire. Glancing to the man she used to be so fond of, she chuckled softly with her smile stayed frozen on her face. “I’ve spent too long in the body of a snow spirit. I’d like to experience the cold again as it is to everyone else.” Her ice-blue eyes flickered to his hair dusted in the material, glimmering in passing sunlight that reflected off each snowflake. He did look handsome, and in a way it brought her back to when they first met, spitfires in the snow, hating him for besting her in her own battle. My, how her opinion had changed. “I may not turn into my other form outside of necessity for my son… For now, that shift is tainted. I will enjoy life as myself for a time, giving a rest to my other side. A jacket, however, is probably a good idea. This one is only lasting so much. At least I’ve got my little furry warmth here to help.” Lifting the fluffy ball onto her chest, he purred as he dug his head under her chin and yawned, eyes open to stare at Atticus yet still. “He’s like a little blaze of fire, one piece of firewood to keep me warm. Not much, but enough to survive the chill.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theodemar’s smile lit up his whole face as they sat at the table, eyes fluttering closed for only moments as her kiss warmed his cheeks. Though he had plenty of answers to fluster her into a red face and embarrassed giggles, he instead let her continue with her meal plan, impressed by the recipe she wanted to use. Being very much a deer diet was comforting to him, something he wouldn’t have expected from himself. He was truly among his own, for once in many years. Pulling out her chair, he let her be seated before taking his own and placing his napkin into his lap. “We can certainly enjoy all of the company we have to share,” he mused, putting his free hand atop the second she placed on his first. “That sounds delicious, though. I can’t say I would have ever thought of such a combination, but using fresh produce likely makes anything here taste amazing. I’ve had first hand experience and can attest to it!” Better than the salted meats he was forced to choke down and the protein-rich meals served thrice a day under Lythedh’s eye. He much preferred the simplicity of what could be found in the earth, for good reason. Blood did not cover barley fields in places as these. “I think it will be a wonderfully fun day to experience! Our first little event together, I don’t doubt it will be amazing.” Kissing the back of her hand, he finally pulled away from their hand’s entwinenment to gesture to the meal set out before them. “We must start it out with some energy, however! You take first choice of anything, so I know if my tastebuds have gone blind,” he teased.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Aaliyah's play on words caused Atticus chuckle crisply before he wavered from her playful nudge. "No kidding. Lythedh is a pain in the rear." A warm smile played at his lips as he looked at her. Fog drifted up at his breath out. It dissolved in the wintry fresh air, like the snowflakes gathering on the porch. He listened to her speak about the past and what could have been done differently, above the whispers of the storm's wind. Hearing it, he propped his arms behind him and leaned back to look up at the clouded sky, thinking aimlessly. Some things could have been avoided...she was right, but on both ends. There was nothing more that either of them could do now though. The only one pulling the strings now, was time, and Aaliyah knew that as well. He sighed softly. The tension which had previously been planted between them, was beginning to fade, they were smiling and chuckling now, though gently. It was a better outcome than he could have anticipated. Atticus was relieved. He never wanted there to be a wedge between them, but he could not deny the path which now set the apart. It was almost fate it seemed. Perhaps that's what bothered him the most. His eyes fell over to her gentle face, which held the smile he had always loved. Aaliyah her eyes to met his as she mentioned not wanting to be a snow leopard and the desire to feel the cold again. Atticus nibbled at his lower lip, nodding his head. He looked back at her. Then he laughed at her comment about the jacket and her cub. "Yeah, he looks like a little ball a fire. I mean, he's got the red coat for it." He teased a little and then muttered. "You know, I've never seen anything that small. Aside form Angeline or the other little deer we have here...but never a cub. I don't know. It's different seeing a big cat when they're - not so big." He laughed quietly to himself.
Quote :
Angeline Gray

Sliding the chair out for her to sit in first, Angel blinked twice before sliding into the seat, smiling as she did. She passed her gaze onto her handsome boyfriend and his gentlemanly mannerisms. Who would have ever thought, a small brocket deer and an elk being together. It fluttered in her heart every time she looked back on his question to be official. Theo was just perfect. Angeline placed the napkin in her lap when he did. She giggled at his comment. "Good, I wouldn't have it any other way." A gentle blush graced her cheeks as she laughed at her own comment and how silly they were, before nodding to him. "Oh yes, it will be amazing! I'm sure you'll love it, Theo. The village makes everything from scratch...the ingredients, the recipes. It's wonderful." She bubbled. A soft laugh fell off her lips as he kissed the back of her hand. She felt her cheeks go warm again and her heart flutter at the gesture. He pulled away afterwards, giving her the opportunity to dig in first. She was bashful at the offer but equally pleased with the offer. "Oh-okay! Well I guess we'll find out! Angel smiled. She reached for the pancakes first, topping it with the cut strawberries before putting an egg on the side. The meal looked fantastic - probably not from a chef's point of view - but from hers. "I thought you said you couldn't cook eggs," the girl teased as she took her first bite in the fluffy, strawberry drizzled pancake.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Laughing softly, the snow leopard shift took in the moment she had alongside the man she once spent so many hours with, laughing the same way and cuddled close to his side, pining for his attention. Now, there was an obvious space between them that wouldn’t be closed for quite some time. However, just sitting here with him brought warmth into her heart that she hadn’t felt for months. It was comforting to know he was still willing to build a bond with her, platonic or otherwise. When the subject switched to her cub, she gazed down at him with a smile, stroking his little ears as he gazed intently still at Atticus. “True, it is very different. I haven’t seen a baby of my kind in...well, quite some time. Since before I was chased from my original home probably. Though despite his size, I do hope that he grows up strong.” She gripped his paw, which was large for his size but still yet to be full grown. It would be bigger than her head in no time, she was certain. A weird feeling to think she would be watching her own bloodline grow. “I will teach him not to think of deer and prey animals as prey, and he will learn that protecting them brings a much greater reward. He won’t become the savage that his...that Lythedh is.” A chill crawled down her back, but she pushed it aside. “It will take time and patience, lots and lots of patience, but...I want him to be different than everyone else. I want him to be raised in peace, not conflict. When there’s a wonderful person behind the hide of instinct, there is no excuse not to find an alternative. I certainly had to learn - he will too. I was hoping you could help with it, when he’s older and can understand. I know it can be daunting, working with a predator, but I don’t have anyone else, and I trust you the most out of everyone here. Aunt Sophie too of course, but I can’t imagine her willingly wanting to ‘train’ a newborn,” she teased mildly. Her gaze went back to the man beside her, still showing affection to her young one. “Luckily he just nibbles for now, but I fear he will change too rapidly for me to catch and start chasing after those he shouldn’t be. Everyone here should become his family...once I find my own footing, that is. Find or build myself a home and find an income to bring to the community here. Eventually, I’ll shift again and protect us against greater threats. This is the last home I have, and although things have been rocky, I don’t want to see it fall.” Pausing in her talk, she couldn’t help but laugh a bit under her breath, shaking her head. “My isolation is showing, I’m jumping from topic to topic. I apologize, I’ve had so much running through my brain lately that isn’t keeping up with reality.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theo grinned from ear to ear at her flustered giggles and daytime excitement. She certainly seemed to always have the biggest heart for the town and everything she did for it, and it was a refreshing sight to experience. “That does sound quite wonderful, and with the feast today I can only imagine how amazing it all will be! I might have to taste every single thing, even if I don’t like it. Maybe making it differently will make me like it.” Pulling back his hands once she did, he watched her choose her meal, glad to see her eyes so bright about it all. He really needed to learn to cook, make sure she always woke up with meals comparable to her own. If he was going to be sticking with her after all, she deserved the best home life he could give her, homemade meals included. He laughed at her comment about the eggs, shaking his head. “I can’t,” he teased back. “I’m worried I didn’t cook them right. I only made them today to experiment and see if I could actually do it, but I don’t know if I trust them completely honestly. It’s something I haven’t really eaten all that much in the last few years, hardly if that. Pancakes though, those are easy. And strawberries are the easiest, all I had to do was cut them!” His grin spread with amusement. Turning his head to the food, he grabbed a pancake himself as well as some of the berries she had, putting them on top and drizzling some honey over all of it. He just hoped it was all cooked well, or he’d have to make sure he didn’t poison the both of them with his foul skills. “The best thing I can cook though...I want to say that dried anything is my specialty. Working as a soldier left little room for anything creative. Putting things on a drying rack or in a jar was about the extent of what I could do.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 am

(dude, we gotta get to Red as a kid and showing him growing up with fawns in the springtime that'd be adoraaaable. Him thinking he's a deer and being in their games <3)
Quote :
Atticus Cross

Aaliyah's comments toward her cub got him to think about her suggestion on training him. She talked about the future she envisioned, where the small family would get along with the village and the cub would be raised in peace, rather than with his natural instincts. It was a nice sentiment. It was a refreshing change to see the future with hope. Especially with how things have been for them. And the man was also pretty glad to see how attached she had become to the village, even going so far as to call it her last home. He chuckled as she flustered and apologized. "No, it's okay." He said. "I'm following...I know what you mean." With a smile on his face, Atticus turned and looked into the cub's widened, innocent eyes. There was no sign of a killer underneath, not a shred of blood-letting in his face, but he knew it was there, lying dormant. Like it or not, training the instinct out of a cub...he didn't know if it could be tried let alone successful. There were some things that clicked with predators. It was like the flight reaction in deer. It was automatic, natural, especially for someone with this one's genes. Lythedh would be a stain on the cub one way or another. Sure, everyone was smiling now, but Lythedh would be embedded in his very genes and that would be a hurdled in itself for the cub to overcome. Who knows if that side could be trained out of him? Atticus breathed out through his nose, frowning as he did. The village deer weren't wary of the cub because they didn't know any better, aside from the much elder deer and Atticus who had been already predators and knew enough to be skeptical. It was one of the reasons why the Chief wasn't quite as welcoming with Aaliyah's arrival as the rest of them were. But, all that aside, Aaliyah made a convincing point. With time and patience, it was probably worth a try. He rubbed the back of his neck, pulling his eyes off the ball of fluff and to Aaliyah. He chuckled, a bit nervously. "I did train you...and some others. I suppose I have the ability if I tried, but I'm not sure this will be so straight forward. Even with patience. A snow leopard, albeit a small one, has instincts that aren't easy to instruct out of. You, as an adult, know better because of your age. You've learned to master those urges, but a cub? A cub around a bunch of prey animals he will feel inclined to chase? That's a whole new issue right there. We'll need more than patience and luck, we'll need a miracle." He exhaled out his words, glancing aside to think before returning his eyes to hers. "But I will do what I can. I don't think anyone else in this village is as qualified." Atticus laughed under his breath, mostly to himself, at the funny twist of fate. "First training you, then your surprise cub, huh. Man, life is cruel sometimes." He shook his head a little. "We should start as soon as he shows signs of tapping into that instinct. It'll probably be around the time his teeth are growing in. I don't know when that is, but I'll leave that to you. We can try it...and he'll at least have you as a role model...I hope he follows in your footsteps, not his father's."
Quote :
Angeline Gray

She was enthused with his excitement. She was so eager for the festival to come together, especially with this being Theo's first. It was filled with such beautiful colors, amazing smells, and the best conversations. Though the food was usually everyone's favorite time, and Angeline could agree, she preferred what came afterwards. Once everyone ate, they gathered at the center of the village and the elders told stories about their ancestors, and old tales passed through the generations. To share this with Theodemar, would be special to her. It was her highlight. As a tiny speck of a fawn, barely the size of a small cat, Angeline would squeeze beneath her mother's chest with her large ears tuned to every word and tale. She could recite them all, to the disdain of many of the other fawns at the time. Since then, she had grown out of overplaying the stories she had grown to love, but she admired them all the same. For now, she basked in the scents of pancakes, cut strawberries, and honey. The eggs did seem a bit on the skeptical side, but she had seen worse. Angel giggled a bit, examining them with her fork. "Weeell, you may need to have cooked them a teeny bit more, but eating raw eggs is safe. So it's alright." She assured him with a pleasant smile. "You want to see some bad egg cooking, you should see the reindeer. Pft! I don't know what it is but reindeer can't cook. They just throw some salt on it and call it good! Doesn't even matter if it's a little raw or under cooked, they ruin eggs, bread, soup...basically everything they touch." Angel laughed. "I mean yeahhh, they can digest anything anyway - but still, I mean it's no excuse! Oh- yeah so I'd avoid their food at the festival. Just giving you a fair warning...it's really weird though it feels like you've been here forever, so I keep forgetting you don't know some of those funny quirks in the village. Y'know the reindeer not being able to cook, elk being arrogant pricks, all that." Angel smiled. She ate more of her pancakes and then mixed in the strawberry sauce with the eggs. "I gotta say, you've already done tons better than them though. I'm impressed, little soldier boy!" She looked up at him briefly as she ate. She tossed a piece of her strawberry blonde hair delicately from her face. Afterwards, she said, "I'd call this a success."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 7:14 pm

{{Yesss, absolutely! It will be the most adorable thing <3 Prancing around like a little fawn}}
Quote :

Aaliyah

Hair tossed gently in a winter wind, Aaliyah pushed some strands behind her ear as she watched Atticus when he spoke. She smiled to know he caught on to her rambling despite the red herring it went on, and was able to relax some that his demeanor didn’t change. Why did she suddenly care so much about what she said? The past three months must have knocked something out of her that she needed to find again, but she had a feeling that it was only Atticus she side-stepped. It was impossible to be in his presence without being nervous and her gut churning within her. However, her attention was grabbed when he mentioned others he had trained. She knew he had worked under the lion lord, but what all did that entail? They had never gone over it in her training and hadn’t the time since. Did he train other predators or some of his own kind? Were deer in this town prepared for battle, perhaps against Lythedh or any other predator that crawled across their village? So many questions to answer now that she would be living here. If she had to step in as a force against enemies, she would need to prepare herself again, perhaps ask Atticus for his help. It wasn’t the worst idea...they knew how they worked together, maybe a little too well. “A miracle, sounds about right,” she mused with a chuckle, stroking the cub’s fur. “Should have named him that, made it easier on us. I know being around deer will help to curb it somewhat, being with them and interacting enough that it comes naturally. In the best case, he won’t understand why he feels his predatory instinct and can come to me so I can explain and help him suppress it until it no longer appears. My biggest worry, if I can confide in you, is that he won’t be accepted quite as well as I expect.” She went silent for a moment, looking down to the little one. “I know that we have confidence we can help him, but what about everyone else? What if the fawns push him out, and the adults with experience running away from creatures like him push him down and try to rush him away? He looks like Lythedh and will grow bigger than I am. I can deal with whatever they throw me, but a child? What if they never allow him to shift again, forcing him to stay human so he never shows the face of a predator?” Clinging him closer, her son mewed in protest and scrambled to be more comfortable. Surprised by his protest, she put him back into her lap, when he slipped out with force and squeaked his way over to Atticus. Before Aaliyah could even pick him up out of shock, he had reached Atticus’ leg with his wide, curious eyes and tried to climb his way up this apparent denim-clad log he had now run into. Swallowing, his mother looked to the stag with wide eyes. “I don’t want him doing this down the road and scaring everyone off.” Reaching out, she pet his head as he squeaked. He obviously was done sitting in a lap and wanted to be part of bigger things. Yet as he spoke of life being cruel, she had to bite the inside of her cheek. Was it cruel to train her, to train her son? Had he regretted it now that they had split things off? Her eyes flashed, but it settled as he continued. It was obviously just a passing comment, but it still put her off. “I hope he is more like me too,” she murmured, sighing out a cloudy breath and gazing at his face, still handsome as months prior. “I will keep an eye on his behavior, he hasn’t tried to use his mouth for attention yet but I expect he will. It will be easier when he can shift, but also terrifying. I have no idea what he will look like as a toddler, or whenever children change forms. I have very little experience with baby snow leopards, let alone a snow leopard...tiger, hybrid.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theodemar laughed a bit in embarrassment to hear that his eggs were undercooked. Scratching the back of his head, he looked at his own eggs on his plate and used his fork to see what she was seeing. “Ah, yeah, I was so worried I would burn them that I pulled them off the instant I saw any hint of brown, or sizzling, or anything that could indicate burning. I never know when they’re done. But I’m glad it’s not the worst.” Taking a bite of his meal, he had to keep from coughing as he laughed, covering his mouth with a fist. Were the reindeer really that bad? If he was thinking about it, he probably would be able to stomach bad food, considering he was always given scraps compared to Lythedh’s other soldiers. Having just salt on his food was considered lucky, and having pepper available was a dream. But he would take her word for it and avoid it altogether. He was hers now, he needed to learn what great food tasted like and learn to imitate it for all the future breakfasts and meals they would be sharing together. Especially if they married down the line - then the pressure was ten-fold. “I will avoid it, but I have no idea what they’re making! Do you know what they were asked to prepare?” Taking another bite, he smiled over at her before chuckling. “And grey deer being the sweetest little animals this world possesses. That’s the best quirk of all.” Grinning, he couldn’t help but blush as she complimented his cooking, along with his apparent new nickname. He had never been this appreciated in, well, since he was very young and still had his family. “I’m so glad to hear it. I will get better with practice, I promise! I’ll make you the most spectacular meals that you’ll never have a subpar breakfast again.” Though it would take a while, and lots of patience and studying, it was all worth it to see her face when tasting any meal he prepared for her. Having someone to please and love him was more than anything he could ever ask for, and he went to sleep every night with a smile on his face. Angeline was truly wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

At least she was looking at it from his perspective. A miracle was right...he watched her growing concerns for her cub as she paused. She was worried about how the village would react with the cub while he grows. The fear just built from there, and he could tell it was really bothering her. Atticus guessed from her stand point, that would make sense. She was worried about her cub's future, which is what any good mother would do. But he wasn't as worried. He paused and looked at Aaliyah. Speak firmly so that she could hopefully shake away her anxious thoughts. "He might feel a little excluded by some of the deer at one point, but you're gonna find that anywhere, Aaliyah. He would have felt that back at the estate, or in the city...or anywhere else. But out of all those places, I think the village will be the most accepting of them. They accepted you, and you've been shifting. I don't think it'll be different for him. I don't know why you're being so worried about it. They haven't given you any reason to worry yet." He lectured. "Most of the deer here never even seen a predator before. They're not filled with fear...they've been raised in a bubble all their lives. Others know you can be trusted, and I think the fawns that grow up with him will know who he is. There won't be too much of a problem, except for maybe a few, but all kids go through that. I did. We all go through that at some point. So it's okay." He said and put his hands together. "It'll be fine, Aaliyah. You don't need to worry about that...especially not right now..." He hoped that would be enough. His eyes wandered to the side to think. A slight huff of a chuckle fell from hips lips at her comment about not being sure how to raise the cub, much less a hybrid. A cloud of breath drifted into the air as he parted his lips and chuckle again, looking to her with a gentle shake of his head. "That makes two of us." Atticus laughed quietly. "I don't know anything about baby cats...really any baby thing other than a fawn. So that'll be fun. I'm sure the village will be trying to figure it out alongside you. Maybe you guys can trade tips on the side!" He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Young bucks are a handful when they start sprouting horns, I can only imagine a tiger hybrid when he finally gets his fangs. Ohh boy." It didn't take much to remember what it was like growing up and how rowdy it was for the other bucks his age.
Quote :
Angeline Gray

She couldn't help but bust out a laugh from his explanation. Angel covered her face for a few moments while her face turned red. Her shoulders trembled all the while. She finally just shook her head and said, "ohh Theo, you're so adorable." She laughed. "The moment they even looked brown? Oh you poor thing. Don't worry I'll teach you." Angel leaned over to give him a playful embrace. She giggled as she straightened herself out and began to eat more of her breakfast. All the while, she listened to Theo's response about the reindeer. Angel giggled quietly. "Oh, I have no idea actually! I'll just have to point it out when we get there though." She laughed a little more before taking a few more bites of her drizzled pancakes. Her cheeks flushed to his compliment. Her stomach fluttered and she bubbled, "aww, thank you, Theo. You're so sweet." She chimed sweetly, "you don't need to make anything crazy spectacular all the time, Theo. You're enough as is. It can be tiring to try and be so good all the time. So it's okay! Just this, everyday, would be enough for me silly!" She smiled at him to show she meant it.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 5:09 pm

Quote :
Ameya White
Tags:

Having gathered all the things she had come to town that morning to buy, Ameya began walking back to Aunt Sophia’s with her gifts in hand. The doe was in hopes she could get home and wrap them without Aunt Sophia or anyone else noticing what she was doing, however, that may be easier said than done in a small house like theirs. Peaking in the bag, she’d managed to buy something small for everyone, even something for Aaliyah and her cub.  Back in the small tribe she lived in they also had a small winter celebration, she always made things for her family but this time, she felt maybe buying something was the better option since she didn’t have any materials herself to create something with, not only that but it was pretty last minute for her. With a nod of her head as she gazed over the items within the shopping bag, she made a mental note to be ready for next year. Bringing her eyes up from the contents of the bag, she wore a gentle smile and continued on.

Moments later, Ameya finally arrived just a few houses down from Aunt Sophia’s. Humming softly to herself she noticed Atticus and Aaliyah outside the house. Seeing them together, it was nice knowing that Atticus was able to talk to her without breaking down or falling into the mental state he was before. Clenching the handles of her bags, she exhaled softly before walking into view of the Snow Leopard and Stag. “Good Morning,” She greeted the two of them warmly, with a slight wave of her free hand.    
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Petting her son’s fur, Aaliyah felt her shoulder ease up only slightly as Atticus explained the village, how she should expect them to treat the cub now and as he grew. She understood being isolated from others, being outcast for being different and not a familiar face. It was why her and her family were targeted, why they were chased from their home and scattered to the hills, never to reunite since. She had wandered miles and miles to find a place to settle, only to end up as a stag’s bounty and a tiger’s slave. Now, being in the deer village, she could expect to be looked down upon and her son to be judged, but she could fight against it. She had a right to be here as much as any of them did, especially since she had stayed close specifically to protect the borders of the village in case Lythedh came chasing after her again. The male beside her made some fair points, and as he drew to a close, the snow leopard shift found his words consoling. Even his soft chuckle made her smile, knowing he was seeing a better side to this than she was. He could see it from an outside perspective for her cub and as inside knowledge of the people he lived with. Having him talk to her was one of the most comforting things she could ask for right now, and was so thankful to have him at her side for this conversation. Opening her mouth to reply, a laugh exited instead as he spoke of the rambunctious fawns and their antlers, and she couldn’t help but imagine the insanity that likely ensued. With spring just after this season, she could only imagine how hectic that would be too, all the teenage fawns now trying to vie for the girl of their dreams. “I’ll try not to worry about it, but thank you. I really do appreciate it, and I hope I can count on you to talk to in the rough times.” Picking up her son when he started to crawl off to who knows where, she rested him in her lap again and watched him gaze out to the gentle snowfall. “You know, you never did tell me how you were as a young buck,” she mused, scratching her son’s ears to hear him purr. “Were you as crazy as the other boys, trying to fight with them and show off to all the ladies? I’m sure they absolutely -fawned- over you, seeing you now.” She nudged his arm with her elbow, smiling to hide the tongue she was biting. “I’m sure you had the biggest rack of all of them and chased all the smaller boys off. This little boy is probably going to do just that, just with his teeth instead.” Lifting the furry ball to her face, she grinned as he paddled in the air to try and touch her face, which she leaned forward to kiss his little pink paw pads. “Yes, isn’t that right? You’ll be the center of attention with your bright coat and sharp teeth. Who cares about antlers when you’ve got teeth? Though I’m sure Atticus could tell you otherwise. He beat me, didn’t you know?” Realizing she was talking to a cub who could not comprehend, she giggled and kissed his little nose before setting him back down again. “If you could tackle me, Atticus, I’m sure you’d have no trouble taking on him. Then you’d be a true hero for all the young bucks coming up this season, huh?” Smiling over at him, her attention was suddenly drawn to a young woman approaching the house. It didn’t take long for her to recognize her as Ameya, the woman who so graciously took her son into her care when she was in crisis. Eyes bright at her approach, she waved and scooted closer to the handrail to allow the woman to walk up the stairs. “Good morning,” she replied, “here to see Aunt Sophia?”

Quote :

Theodemar

Watching Angeline fall into a fit of giggles, his face burned red and he smiled, trying to eat even though he was thoroughly embarrassed by her reaction. Was it truly that terrible? He worried she would critique him, but instead she only called him adorable and promised to teach him. That eased his heart, knowing he wasn’t about to be scrutinized by his below-par cooking skills. “I’m glad you’ll teach me, I’ll have the best tutor out there! We can make many meals together for sure, I’m sure you have plenty of ideas and all.” Nodding as she stated she would tell him where the reindeer food was located, he wondered how she could tell. Were their plating skills just as atrocious as their seasoning skills, if what she spoke was true? He could have rolled his eyes at himself - of course, what she spoke was true. Why would she lie about food preparation? Watching her face at his compliment, he continued to grin and he propped his shoe on his toes, turning his foot from side to side under the table. “I just want to show you how much you’re worth to me! If I don’t make good meals, you might think that I’m not trying enough or don’t care enough to provide you with the best sustenance. But I do care! Which means I want to make the best quality meals I can give, and then go on to give the best quality of everything I am, which I already try to do. I’ve never been able to give to anyone willingly, I’ve always been forced to follow commands. This is my chance to show I truly care about something - someone, in this case - and I want it to be the best of everything I am.” Reaching over, he squeezed her hand with a smile before pulling away. “I promise my meals won’t be this spectacular, as you say, every day. But, you will get one spectacular meal a week once you’ve taught me. That will be my compromise. You still get the best of everything else though, no matter what!” Realizing he had just rambled for a good minute, he laughed and cleared his throat. “I-I just have never had a chance like this, is all. You’re the one person I have left and I want to make everything count, every little detail mean something.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

He received a smile from Aaliyah and offered one in return, glad she felt better about her son's situation. A pause slipped in between them as they both embraced the snowfall and consoling silence. She girl mentioned never hearing about his younger years, offering him a playful nudge from her terrible pun. 'Fawn-ing' it's not like he hadn't heard that one before. Atticus busted a smirk, shaking his head ever so slightly. He felt a dash of amusement brush his face. Aaliyah played with the idea a little longer before handling her cub. She got a kick out of imagining him as a young, intrepid buck, before kissing the tiny pink paws of her young newborn. "I wasn't quite like that, no, but that's still funny to think of..." His gentle blue eyes fell to the cub, listening to Aaliyah's playful 'baby talk.' “Yes, isn’t that right? You’ll be the center of attention with your bright coat and sharp teeth. Who cares about antlers when you’ve got teeth? Though I’m sure Atticus could tell you otherwise. He beat me, didn’t you know?” A gentle sigh slithered from Atticus's smiling lips. He rolled his eyes somewhat humorously at the statement. Then his smile slowly began to retreat and he looked down at the fumbling leopard hybrid, who seemed completely oblivious to his strange situation. "Yeah, maybe, but I'm not lunging for the opportunity, I'll have you know. I know I got that killer look in my eye, but I'm really not that guy." He laughed and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. He did appreciate the lighthearted conversation they were having. He chuckled, glancing to Aaliyah. It was so strange seeing her act like this. So warm, and motherly to her cub. It was so different from the fiery, sassy snow leopard he had grown to know over their time together. A chuckle simmered in his throat. Atticus passed his eyes to Ameya, who had stepped up to the porch in the meantime. She passed them a friendly "good morning" followed by a wave. Atticus smiled warmly at her arrival, looking back to Aaliyah as she addressed the greeting. “here to see Aunt Sophia?” She asked. Atticus arched a brow at Ameya and chuckled. "My-my-my, she is popular today. I'm a little jealous."Atticus beamed. "Sophia is only taking appointments today. So if you want to book a time, furball here can sign you in." He laughed.
Quote :
Angeline Gray

She nodded fervently. "We'll have whole portfolios of ideas! Then we'll sell them to the best food vendors and buy our own village." Angeline laughed. Her eyes continued to sparkle at his nervous explaining and worry. Her affection could only grow at his reasoning, and she wished she could have been there for him earlier. She would have swooped in like his own knight in shining armor, and carried him off to the village so they could be together sooner. It was so sad he felt so anxious to make things perfect and to show he cared. Angeline couldn't even begin to imagine what such a life was like, but at least she could hold his hand through it all now. She wanted to protest and tell him he didn't need to do all of what he wanted to. Angel knew she wouldn't win though. It was something he needed to feel comfortable with overtime. "Okay, whatever eases your nerves, Theo, but if you feel like you're not enough I'll put a pot over your head and rattle it a few times to set you straight!" She giggled. "I think it's super sweet. I love you to the moon and back for it. I do." Her affectionate gaze lingered on him for a second longer than it should. Her cheeks turned a bright red, before she pulled away and laughed to herself. Though it only caused her to fluster worse.

Last edited by Sub-Zero on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:24 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Aaliyah couldn’t help but be surprised when Atticus admitted he had not been like the other fawns, not competing nor showing off or roughhousing. With how he had tackled her and won their fight months back, she could have imagined him at the top of his game as a young one, only to grow stronger as times past. He continued and said he wasn’t up to showing off now either, not a killer or a show-off. She never truly thought of him as such, simply admiring who he was and the confidence he walked with. He wasn’t afraid to tell his thoughts, to stand up for something he didn’t agree with. It was admirable, and she wanted a piece of it, if only for a day. She felt knocked back to when she was first captured, put on a pedestal to be judged solely for her worth as an item to be pawned off, a being to reproduce with. She would be bitter in that moment if her cub did not bring her such joy as he did. “No, no, it would just be amusing is all. A piece of our past.” Her attention was taken by Ameya, and she chuckled at Atticus’ comment about the woman living in the home they sat on the porch of. Atticus called her a ‘furball’ and she laughed, giving him a smile with sparkling eyes to hear a nickname from him again. She didn’t know if she would ever be able to return it. Looing back to the woman, she grinned and waved off Atticus’ words. “Oh, she has a free appointment for the next half hour, but after that it’s move move move! Better race outta there,” she teased, “or my little boy will be snapping at your heels!”

Quote :

Theodemar

Theodemar laughed at her idea, just imagining it. Owning their own village, an entire market dedicated to selling delicious foods and ingredients for local meals. It wasn’t such a bad idea, if it didn’t terrify him to actually undertake if she was serious. The notion, however, he could get behind as a tease. “Oh of course! We would double, no triple, the size of this one! People would gather from everywhere just to get a taste of what we offer, and word would travel far and wide. We would be a wonderful team like we already are.” Holding her hand across the table, he smiled and took in the time he had with her. A grand life with her wouldn’t be the worse thing. It was what he had imagined as a youngling, hearing his parents’ great plans to expand and grow and become successful in their own right. If he could give justice for them, for the crimes committed against them that he no longer could envision, stuffed deep within himself, then that would be enough to ease his soul. Angel’s imagery of the pot over his head made him laugh again, glancing at the kettle over the furnace. “I don’t doubt it! Please set me straight if I go too far. But I am glad you appreciate it as much as you do. I love you too, to the stars and beyond.” He grinned at her flustered expression and pulled his hand away, grabbing his own plate of food to help her focus on the meal before they both had to prepare for the feast later.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 11:28 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

Life was so much better, Lythedh had to admit, now that he and Persefoni were now out of the manor and arriving at the Council's Headquarters to discuss the matter of the snow leopards. He was so relieved to be out of Khiana's way, to put a hold on their deal until the matter would be resolved. After deciding that time was what was needed to come to a full investment decision, they informed the bongo and allowed her to continue her travels nearby so he and his mate could figure out a way to both get her investment, and her herself served on a silver platter before them. Once receiving word of the Council summons, the two packed and made haste for the headquarters, the tiger informing the panther of the importance of the council and what they entailed. It was all part of being a Lord, and he ensured her that she would have a position and a platform for her own words once she was his Lady. They had come upon the manor not long after, using a carriage to travel so they could discuss everything on the way. The tiger lord however was rushed with relief to finally pull in front of the entrance and slow to a stop. Was anyone else here? "Finally, that took ages," he muttered to himself, allowing Persefoni to exit before he did as a butler held the door open. He stared up at the flags waving from the towers, the banners on either side of the large iron doors. This was where he could truly be a ruler. Looking down to his mate, he curled her arm in his and lead her inside, the manor doors opening to reveal stone and dark stained wood as the base for every space they saw. A spiral staircase was off in the far right corner, the foyer spread with the same banners as well as prized herbivores hunted over the years by the very own council members. Always a lovely sight, especially the Manitoban stag displayed alongside them all, his very own hunt and addition. Seeing the replicated fear in the stag always brought confidence with him into the wings of the manor and beyond to the decision hall. He showed his prize to Persefoni, allowing himself to introduce her to the headquarters as he waited for other council members to arrive. "I hunted down this male and his family some odd years ago," he told her, smiling proudly with his chest full of pride. "Such a strong stag, he put up quite a fight. Also very delicious too. I saved his pelt and antlers just to display him here, and hes one of my best catches. You can even see the missing fur where I happened to get him, quite the scene. Not as beautiful of a kill as I would prefer, but one I do enjoy seeing whenever I come here for the meetings."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 1:31 am

Quote :
Jengo
Species: East African Lion

Golden streams of sunlight peaked through the regal purple curtains of the great lion's carriage. The speckles of dust danced in front of the lion's impressive stare. His nose breathed in the scents of passing travelers. His leathery tongue raked against the side of his canines. When attending meetings of this magnitude, he would always attend in his natural form. To Jengo, maintaining a powerful image was in his best interest. Content, confident, and lounging across a bed of purple pillows and blankets, the tip of the lion's tail flickered from one side to the other. The golden rims of the carriage twinkled beside him. The carriage rocked and then came to a stop. He turned his head only when his servants had tended to the door. Then the large male lion rocked onto his mighty paws, claws raking into the velvety pillows beneath him. It was evident the bedding was changed often. After all, not much could retain its shape beneath his weight. Jengo leaned inward, stepping off the carriage main step and onto the pavement. His muscles rippled beneath his golden pelt as he made his way towards the front entrance, his carriage riding off behind him. Not many others had arrived, or so it seemed. Perhaps he would have done the same in the past. In his earlier years, Jengo was a little more laid back, and forgetful. Now, after retaining more of a title, and an opportunity he was slipped some years ago, he was more matured. His mane thickened and darkened, he arrived on time or early if possible. This Council Meeting was no exception. Jengo was one of the first, if not the first to arrive at the scene. With his paws now on the Council grounds, he surveyed the scene. His cool glance fell from the road, then onto the building. The male lion slipped inside.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

Admiring his kill standing among the others, Lythedh’s attention was drawn to the hushed commotion of the guards, then to the opening of the doors and a familiar lion stepping his way into the building. With such broad muscles and a groomed mane to pair, he did look rather intimidating but well-fitting within the council castle’s walls. It didn’t help that the male was bigger than him in comparison, and if the lion was going to stay in his form, as usual, he would look like a better prize. Lythedh had won her company and mateship, but that could be lost if she saw him standing next to such a council member. Clearing his throat, he turned to greet his colleague, bowing his head. “Jengo, a pleasure to see you here so early,” he mused, setting his free hand atop his mate’s. “I’m sure tonight we will be in for quite a discussion.” He glanced down at his panther with gleaming eyes, worry coiling in his gut but puffing up his chest to build confidence that she would not become interested in the other members she would be meeting that evening. “May I introduce you to my Lady of the Manor, Persefoni. She will be joining us for the session tonight.” He pulled her a tad forward and chuckled just softly. “Once we officially wed, she will likely be up for consideration for the council board. I think she would be an excellent addition to our group for the decisions we make.” He had to hide a smirk. With the hunting and gathering the council did, she was likely to enjoy each mission they set out to do, especially when it came to hunting down the snow leopards and the predators they were affiliated with. Speaking of the snow leopards, however...Lythedh suddenly realized that was likely what the others had summoned each other about. He had no Aaliyah to show them, and they knew Persefoni could not be her brainwashed. There was really no way to worm out of it unless he made up some lie about her absence. Hopefully, they would not be requesting her presence to the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 12:13 am

Quote :
Jengo

Massive paw pads striking the building's floor as he sauntered inside, muscles catching the weight of his magnificent form, the lion reared back his head. His amber eyes catching the musk of the other council member near the entryway. The door behind him was pressed close, causing a jet of air to ripple through his mane. He hadn't exactly given too much thought to anyone that met his gaze, including other council members, but it seemed as though this man keen on a greeting between the two of them. Resting in an idle position with the gentle flicker of his tail, Jengo stared down the man as he came forward with a woman kept proudly at his side. He was offered a bow and the lion had offered the same, mostly out of etiquette than for any other reason. His ear was faintly folded as he had dipped his chin. Then he met with the man's eyes. His deepened gaze rolled over to this mate to be, a name he had fancied at one time in the past. Persephone. Though he recognized her full well his face remained barren of all though and feeling. He was unmoved by her own thoughts, if she had remembered him at all. "Well. We will be the judge of that when the time comes, not before." He assured with a deepened voice that seemed to rattle in his chest. His eyes panned away without much interest or fancy. Then it returned and stared deeply at the both of them for a few long moments as he reevaluated the situation. "Assuming you don't have our snow leopard lying in a cage somewhere on these premises, I would worry more for your own neck." His tone possessed an eerie graze of scrutiny. His tail wavered to the side and he raked his eyes onto Lythedh alone. "Perhaps I am being paranoid however. Feel free to ease my concerns at any time, Lythedh..." He angled his head to shoot a careful, prodding glance at the man.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

Expecting the lion to be impressed, perhaps even distracted from the snow leopard dilemma the tiger was facing, Lythedh was half mortified to have it instead thrown right back into his face, with little regard for Persefoni standing beside him nor the introduction itself. This was not going as smoothly as he first thought. He cleared his throat again, unsure of what to say for a moment before putting on a patented smirk. “Your concerns will be eased momentarily. But it would be no fun to spoil it before the others arrive,” he mused, trying to find his suave footing once again. He was not about to tell the first council member he saw about his loss of Aaliyah and the cubs he was certain he fathered. Considering that was the goal for her, he was not about to be scorned for not bringing her and his offspring to the meeting to prove the goal step completed. Lythedh did wonder however what this summons was for. Were there new leopards found, would there be a new change or expansion? He was not certain, but he looked forward to deciding the verdict. Sitting in a room of predators and deciding the fate of weaklings was by far a wonderful pass-time. Not as wonderful as some things, like buying a herd of exotic animals to feast upon, but still fun to participate in and consume the end result. He had plenty a nice meal since becoming a Lord of the Council. He and Persefoni could take it over one day, become the only Lord and Lady of the court and council. He bit his tongue to prevent from smirking wider at the thought. All the other members bowing to his paws, to his mate’s paws, his children’s paws...it sent a thrill down his spine. Such an imagination could get away from him though, and he bowed his head to Jengo. “I look forward to our discussion. Are you heading to the meeting hall right away?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 am

Quote :
Jengo

The lion's nostrils inhaled the ruminating ideas in the air while Lythedh responded somewhat haphazardly to his question, no doubt being careful to what he had to say. One wrong slip and Jengo's menacing fangs would have been displayed as a sign of his outright disapproval. Fortunately, he could avoid the effort in doing so. Even snarling required far too much effort and he merely flicked an ear and batted his gaze in the other direction when he received a respectable response. "Mmm, very well," he mumbled like a roll of distant thunder. The tufted end of the lion's tail waved softly as he turned aside to take his place at the council, evading the 'small talk' Lythedh had attempted. "Naturally, and you should do the same, lest you care to mingle in the entry-hall like a woeful servant," he bit back, ambling down the hall with his shoulders rocking with his every stride. Everything from his posture to the locks of his mane remained fixed to perfection, becoming a beacon of all proper nobility. He prided himself in his image. The council chamber's white doors remained fastened at the end of the hall, overtaking much of the wall in its sheer size and magnificence. Each of the two large doors remained propped open during the beginning session of the council with servants on either side to tend to the lord's requests. Within the room, a row of stands remained for each of the separate members, encompassing the interior with their statuary roles. Jengo sauntered passed through the open doorway, and for a moment supposing he was the first to have entered but wholly disappointed when he had been wrong. He shot an acknowledging glance at the emperor scorpion who rested quietly on her pedestal, who silently observed as normally had. She had always been the first to arrive, and the last to leave. He swallowed his slight annoyance as he took his place among the other podiums in the council's chamber.
Quote :
Nakti/Nahkti or Kaina (undetermined now oops).
Species: Emperor Scorpion

The scorpion's reflective black eyes stared into the void as she sat on her pedestal, fidgeting her jaws as she fantasized about her next meal.
Quote :
Argus A. Kouris
Species: Black Bear

(Currently en route)
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

Sumatran Tiger

Lythedh expected a fairly curt response from the lion, but not one quite as snippy when he opened his mouth. It caught him off guard to be accused of being a servant. Why would he ever stoop down to their level? Scoffing, he waved the comment off before watching the male stride through the building back to where the council room was. What a pompous man - he was probably still jealous that he himself got Aaliyah instead of him. It brought a chuckle to his lips to think about it, temporarily easing his bristling reaction. He glanced down his lover, who seemed awfully quiet, but the look in her eyes told him that she was likely holding back many choice comments about everything. Her mind was likely going too fast for her to even speak. Taking that cue, and not exactly wanting to make anyone wait, he squeezed her hand and led their way to the council chambers. The stuffed prey still lined either side of the room, always a wonderful sight. He’d have to replace them with updated editions once he settled this deal with Khiana, if Persefoni would even accept it. It was something to ponder, though. He settled the woman in an observer’s chair nearby before taking up his own seat, shifting fluidly and lounging across the silk and downy cushion, made for the comfort of a tiger. “Ah, miss scorpion, always lovely to see your face,” he mused, giving her a half-smile, half-smirk. “I assume your travels were well?”

Quote :

Sylvester

Mexican and Ethiopian Wolf

“Always up to the small talk with the one who doesn’t care?” Sylvester, a lean male wolf with a well-groomed deep red coat and maintained mane of double fur, pranced into the room with quickness, unlike the two cats that had entered before him. He made quick work of his journey and sat properly upon his chair, tail neatly curled around his legs. “I think all of us have had decent travels, but nobody wants to be here longer than necessary. I have things to do at home, you well know Lythedh.” He put a bit of spit on the tiger’s name, studying the striped male carefully. “I am pleased to see you again though, Jengo. Always good to see your presence here in this noble hall.” He dipped his head in respect, dark grey eyes shimmering under the shadows of the council room.

Quote :

Sir Samuel

Great Horned Owl and Black-Footed Ferret

-On his glorious way-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum