Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 9:28 am

Quote :
Alyana

“That I feel would be the best course of action right now, at least.” Alya agreed with him before listening further. His want to protect her was heartwarming, she could have never asked for a better mate then Legion, nor would she have wanted to. With the loving smile on the Aasimar’s face she brought Clover closer to Stallion’s side and leaned over and up to place a kiss on her husband's cheek. Looking up at him, giving Stallion a bit of space from Clover and her amorous nickering, “I don’t think I’ll be the one in need of protection, at least not with this vision… I’ve never had one so vague before it’s a bit unnerving to be honest.” Listening to his input about Elmira, it caused a worried sigh to leave her but she quickly shook it off, “For now I think we should focus on our own time together and enjoy ourselves while we can.” she added before clicking at Clover to have her speed up a bit.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 5:23 pm

Quote :

David

David ran his hands through his hair as he suddenly stood alone with Elmira in the foyer of the castle. He wanted to avoid any overwhelming feelings of loss, and quickly wished to separate himself from the doors that his beloved and his closest friends left through. "El, Maugrim wished to meet me to discuss his possible position of a war general. Do you have any idea where I could find him?" He began to walk towards his study, knowing he wouldn't be able to officiate anything with his court until Legion had returned. Even if the wolf was the perfect candidate, his power was not his alone. "And do you have any snacks or drinks he may like to have? I want to give him a warm welcome to the castle and to my command."

Quote :

Legion

Legion had his eyes on the path ahead of them, but when he saw Clover move closer, he bent down to see what his wife needed before she placed a kiss on his cheek. It was a surprise, and he chuckled softly in response. Before he could speak, she went on to speak about the vision and its vagueness, something he hadn't wished to hear. "Hopefully it is something easily managed, for the sake of everyone involved. I agree however that we should enjoy this limited time we have." She picked up speed beside him, and he smirked slightly before he commanded Stallion to catch up, which wasn't hard for the stud. He could hardly stay apart from the mare. Legion couldn't blame him- he couldn't stay away from Alyana himself.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 7:14 am

Quote :
Elmira

Having started to walk away in a rush, worried about her daughter, David stopped her in her tracks asking about Maugrim and where he could find him. “O-oh, If you asked him to be here he’s normally not one to be too terribly late.” She told him trying to get ahold of her nerves. “If he doesn’t show up soon he is very possibly at my home near the forest's edge. He enjoys watching over and playing with the Orphan’s, though if you ask him he will deny that it’s playing and say he’s preparing them for the future.” She found herself able to giggle at that comment. About that time David inquired about snacks, the wolf now just behind them.

A low growl sounded causing El to turn and give a small smile to the large beast before them. “There you are, David was just wondering where he could find you.” The centaur lady spoke the her wolf friend only to receive a snort from him and an eye roll. The roll of his bright hues led her to the handy work of the children causing a giggle to leave the woman. “The girls had quite the bit of fun with your fur today I see.” Another growl rolled from him before he finally spoke, “Remove them please… “ He grumbled, “Oh stop being a grumpy old do- I mean wolf. “ She caught herself as she gently removed the braids. “I’m not a woman, I do not wear hair decorations.” His comment received a strong flick to the forehead. An irritated, more aggressive growl left the wolf but he didn’t act on his vocal’s, He simply laid his ears back and allowed her to remove the other braids on the other side of his neck and behind his ears. While she did this, Maugrim looked up at David, “I’m not in any need of… snacks.” he informed his king as he had heard most of their conversation as he walked through the halls. “Oh Maugrim you’re always hungry… “ Raising a brow the wolf looked confused and curious, Snacks must have been a type of food. “Food?” He questioned, the poor wolf lived too long in the woods and would take some time to understand all their words regarding less important matters outside of war and planning.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 11:55 am

Quote :

David

David smiled at Elmira’s explanation of the wolf’s whereabouts, finding it amusing that the male would be so in tuned with the orphans and children of the town. He found it calming that the male he considered for his court was also involved with the people that lived within the kingdom on an intimate level, and cared for their well being. He was about to go look for the wolf when he suddenly appeared, sporting braids that Elmira clarified were from the girls in town. The king lifted a brow, crossing his arms with a small smirk. “Only women can wear hair decorations? My, what a bold statement. El, please remind me to let you put braids in my hair sooner than later. Or perhaps when I visit Fraeya, I’ll let her do the honors.” He ignored the pain that hit his chest from the statement. “Regardless, welcome to the castle, Maugrim. And yes, snacks are food. Small meals you could say, something to tide you over until our real meal later today. My court has family meals and the staff are all encouraged to eat together as well. Elmira does a wonderful job keeping everything running smoothly. I’m sure she has some snacks that will help with our meeting.” He looked to the chef with a smile. “Would you mind leading Maugrim to my office while I go grab some food for us?”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 5:41 pm

Quote :
Elmira

A light blush hit El’s cheeks from David’s comment, yet, it didn’t last, She quickly smiled and laughed, “Oh I will, or at least one of us women will.” Maugrim was quick to give a grunt at their teasing before focusing on their ‘snack’ talk. What was the point in such a small meal? It was explained but he still didn’t see how it was worth the effort, why not simply eat a large meal? While he was consumed in the conundrum, the wolf watched as Elmira nodded and wondered off down the hall before pausing and looking back at him. “Are you coming?” She asked him. For a moment Maugrim looked in David’s direction, he was about to disappear around the corner. “The king is retrieving the snacks?” He raised a brow before following behind his female companion. “Yes, is something wrong with that?” Elmira asked returning the raised brow. “Certainly… what Alpha does such small deeds? We Alpha male’s don’t have time for such things.” Elmira nearly snorted, “Maugrim, the ways of a human king are different… He sees himself on the same playing field and never wants others to feel as though they must grovel at his feet. A kind king, a loving king or in your words alpha.” Seeing the look in the male’s eyes she smiled and chuckled softly, “You’ll understand it all in time, it took me a long while too… I gave up a lot due to my lack of understanding but that’s in the past now.” She muttered only raising the wolves curiously a small amount. Noticing the look in the woman’s eyes as she thought back, Maugrim was sure he knew what it was she gave up or rather whom she pushed away. Before long the chef of the castle had lead the wolf into the room where the beastly creature contemplated shifting, this was something he probably needed to do to communicate better with the king.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 8:25 pm

Quote :

David

David was content to leave the two to talk and walk to the office as he made his way back to the kitchen, first picking up his and Elmira’s drinks and setting them on a platter before he ventured to the pantry and cooler, picking out some meats, cheeses, and rolls alongside a few Folgarian savory snacks and berries to settle on the platter atop some cloths. It satisfied him to give the male a variety, though he worried that he may prefer a lot of meats. Tapping his chin, he sneaked to the dinner preparations and grabbed one of the cooked chickens, putting it on the sterling platter before he was content to bring it to the study. It wasn’t long before he had made his way inside and grinned at Elmira and Maugrim. “Sorry for the wait you two. Had to figure out where everything was, I swear El changes it every so often to make sure I don’t steal my favorite thiangs behind her back.” He set the platter facing the chairs before walking around to his chair and folding his hands behind his back. “Is everything to your liking, Maugrim?”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 7:38 am

Quote :
Elmira

A grin pulled at Margim’s face at David’s comment, El rolled her eyes and laughed, “That is because you do things like this! An entire chicken is not a snack David, that was a portion of tonight’s dinner you royal thief.” She chuckled. Maugrim for now was still in his four legged canine form, his wolf eyes rested on the chicken for a moment. He didn’t make much of an expression at all, however, the wolves nose twitched as he took in the scents of the food. Cheese, berries, and other various small cut meats were also on the platter. A small growl came from his stomach, but he didn’t let on about being hungry or wanting the food. Maugrim kept his composure, the wolf didn’t even drool over the delicate selection of fine foods before him. “It doesn’t take much to please me.” he spoke, his voice deep and his eyes now focused on David entirely. “Where shall we begin?” He beastly fellow asked, his hind legs struggled to stay on the chair due to his large wolf body. Elmira had to stifle a giggle, from where she sat she could see his hind paws clutching the chair and slowly slipping every few seconds. “Maugrim…” She murmured, “I think it may be easier if you take on your other form.” She suggested, the wolves brows visibly frowned for a second. He disliked being in his two legged form but, maybe it was best.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Quote :

David

David couldn’t help but laugh, shrugging off her tease knowing she wasn’t truly upset over the dinner. “It’s a snack for a beast like him! If I were that size, a chicken would be a snack and a good sized boar would be my meal! I’m only thinking of your guest, and I know he would love your cooking.” He grinned teasingly over at her. His eyes then went to Maugrim, who was eyeing the selection, and the king pushed it forward a bit more. “You simply must eat, I insist. Elmira has the best selections and chefs, including herself, in all the kingdom and beyond. Not indulging in her creations would be an insult upon Folgario.” He eyed the wolf with a smile, not threatening the man but simply informing him that not accepting his hospitality would not be taken kindly. He was going to begin with a series of questions when he noticed the wolf in question slipping off his chair, and Elmira addressed him quietly about his shift. “Do you have a shift form, Maugrim? I would be honored to see it, be it human or otherwise. If you are truly not comfortable though, I can turn around and you can lie on the couch beside the window there. It may be more suited to your quadrupedal form.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 7:56 am

Quote :
Elmira

Maugrim felt a tug at his lip, the urge to grin was nearly impossible to smother out. “I second that notion, a bird of that size is a snack.” he pipped in, a chuckle leaving him as he finished speaking. “Though I do prefer raw meat to cooked, Elmira’s is exceptionally good on the pallet.” The wolf's tail patted the chair leg, a tiny smile pulled at his canine lips revealing his pearly whites. About that time however, David pushed the platter towards him, causing the wolf’s eyes to rest on the plate for a moment, the king’s words ringing in his ears. David wanted him to eat and he knew if he didn’t it wouldn’t go over well… or at least he felt that it wouldn’t. Even in wolf culture, not accepting a kill from a fellow pack member wasn’t exactly praised. Gently, the wolf pulled a leg from the bird, falling away from the cooked carcass with ease. Yet that chicken leg was only a taste for the wolf, his slight hesitation told Elmira to take a piece of cheese or something. Moving slowly, she took a few cubes of cheese, placing them on her own plate. When the woman’s hand was near the plate, Maugrim’s eyes darted towards her, a low rumble in his chest… it was a bad habit of his to growl when another was taking food from ‘his’ plate. Yet, Maugrim did well not to give her a warning snap of his teeth, he knew better by now. Once she was done removing cheese, he went back to enjoying the small snack before him. Biting the chicken in half, munching bones and all, the wolf licked his lips before looking at David, his curious question made the wolf’s ear’s perk. “I do…” He clarified, “However, this one is more comfortable… Normally.” He added. Eyeing the couch for a moment then looking back at David, the Maugrim shook his head, “Well, I may fall asleep if I were to lay on something that comfortable. I’ve had a long night, it’s probably best I shift, unfortunately.” He grumbled before jumping down from the chair and stepping away from the table. In moment’s the lupus had shifted into his Lupa form, he towered over the two of them but did his best not to look or seem too intimidating as he sat down and resumed eating his snack. He wasn’t wearing anything but his fur, everything was covered well with his natural coat which was why clothes were never a necessity to him.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 9:10 pm

Quote :

David

The king was pleased that the wolf was content with his offerings, and finally reached forward to gnaw on the chicken after Elmira grabbed her own snacks from the selection. He himself was still full from her prior meal before the meeting and deigned to let the two have the entire platter to themselves. Once the male before him was more settled, he decided to shift, and David watched the giant wolf transform into an even more giant humanoid wolf beast, settling into his chair easier than before. The male was massive. An alpha in his own right, he towered over both he and Elmira and was a sight to behold. David’s eyes practically shimmered with delight and awe, almost intimidated yet impressed at the same time. Legion would be astounded with the man before him. “I-wow, you are quite a beast to contend with, huh?” he commented, letting out a huff of a breath before clearing his throat. “I’m sorry, I’ve never seen your kind before. It’s an honor to see your shifted form. My grand advisor has a shift as well, though I’m sure he would much prefer to shift like you.” He chuckled to wave off the pain growing in his chest thinking about the man who wouldn’t be at his side for a while. “Anyways, um, I should begin our meeting and assessment accordingly.” Sifting through the papers on his desk, David eventually found the parchments he was looking for and stacked them neatly before him. “I want to do a kind of preliminary interview, just so I know the basics and can get a better picture of who you are. I suppose it would be in my favor to mention that you are being watched by the guards of my castle. Our ninjas, our prized people in my kingdom, are trained through childhood and adulthood to excel in stealth. I want to make you aware that anything you say or do in this room can be used against you if something goes amiss. I am not saying I don’t trust you, but it is important that we are all kept safe, and kept accountable. Elmira is also part of my court, and provides herself as a character witness and an ally. I want everyone here on the same page.” The man sat down in his chair and pulled it to his desk, his crown appearing on his head as he picked up his first page. “I would first like to know your origins. What kingdom you came from, your history of travel, and how you came to be knowledgeable in war, leadership, and commanding soldiers.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 8:00 pm

Quote :
Elmira

Feeling the eyes on him, Maugrim looked to David, a brow somewhat raised, “You’ve never seen a lycan or Lupa like myself?… We are rather intimidating, true beasts of nightmares.” He spoke before continuing on with his tiny meal. A chuckle rolled from his lungs between bites. Swallowing bones and all, Maugrim finished the chicken off in less then a minute, satisfied with that for the time being. “Your apology is unnecessary, we tend to keep to the forests. That is where we are comfortable.” he shared hoping that would ease the king. David’s comment about his friend was amusing but Maugrim didn’t comment, it did however make him a bit curious as to why his friend would want such a shift… maybe he felt he had to compensate for something. Soon enough, David began shifting and shuffling through papers, and their meeting was about to start. “Very well,” Maugrim had no qualms with the interview, he didn’t like to be watched but that was just his predatory instincts peaking. “Kingdom? I do not belong and have never belonged to any kingdoms. I’m to the earth and her forests, along with my Kin. Before now, I’ve never followed anyone’s rules or regulations. I’ve been my own leader… However, due to the enslavement of my kind, as well as, other beast folk I’ve become driven to stop the hellish nature of those taking part in such actions… I’ve been driven to destroy them since the day my own kin was pulled into the mess… They made it a problem for the Lupa which was the wrong step to take. Through my efforts to free those dear to me, I’ve found the need and desire to help those who are of different descent… they are all suffering and they all deserve freedom.” He shared his reasons for taking part in freeing the slaves. A growl rolled from his throat as his mind fixated on the situation they were faced with, “I was my pack's alpha, I achieved that position through leadership and triumph. My people respected me, I was and still am looked towards for guidance and in times of war my ability to command my warriors was never an issue.” He shared before realizing he was still growling. “Forgive me, this subject makes me rather heated.” he spoke low as he narrowed his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 8:42 pm

Quote :

David

David tilted his head, observing the male as he ate. “True, I haven’t met a male such as yourself. I meet many species in my patrols of the kingdom, however Lupas are not one I see often. I may have mistaken you for large wolves and averted my path to allow you to move through in peace. I hope though that with your help, we can create Folgario a safe place for everyone, Lupas included.” The wolf finished his meal after, seeming pleased with the selections before he began his responses. They were unusual to him, not what he expected, but the king wrote down his answers regardless and kept each in mind. It wasn’t until the male apologized that David shook his head, setting down his quill. “I appreciate your honesty. I have felt the same since before I became king. I do not know if you are aware of this kingdom’s past, but the prior ruler was a slave owner and put the entire kingdom into slavery. People were forced to work themselves to death in factories and mines. Rest assured that I have taken down all of the factories, and all the land used for them have been transformed into farmland or other similar uses. I hated to see the way everyone was treated, and wanted to make a change. Folgario will forever be a haven for slaves and judged species, as long as I and my family rule.” He paused for a moment, shifting through the papers before crossing his fingers and setting his hands upon them. His navy eyes studied the male’s, silent for a few beats before sighing. “I can understand that as an alpha, you have respect from your pack and are looked to for guidance and order. War is a much bigger task however than just a group of familiar kin. War involves all kinds of species, all types of people. It is directing hundreds of soldiers possibly to their death in order to secure a future for those you fight for. My son is part of those who are hunted, those who are judged. Are you prepared to take on such a responsibility, and have the talents to help Folgario succeed in its efforts? I have never had a war general, Maugrim, and I only fear that I choose the wrong lead for the position and my kingdom suffers because of it. My kingdom is my pack, and I am the alpha. I make sure all of my members are protected equally under my jurisdiction, which means anyone who has an equal standing with me must be proven. You would not ask me to be your right hand man just because I have a kingdom.”
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Quote :
Elmira

A hum came from the male before he parted his lips, “That’s how we Lupa’s like it, we stick to ourselves mostly avoiding conflict when not necessary. However, we are never afraid of a challenge, to stand for what we believe to be right, and a lupa never loses in a fight… not one he or she has started, We are calculated and logical in our movements, it's in our nature.” Speaking of his kind, Maugrim had said more than he’d spoken to Elmira, it impressed the centaur, her canine friend was opening up to the man before them, it was a good sign. “We have the same goal in mind, those who follow me will follow in toe… We will return peace to this land and all those who live in it.” David was confident in keeping his land, his home, free of slavery which only fueled the wolfly beast want to get the ball rolling, however, he knew things were not that simply or moved that fast in kingdoms… it wasn’t like a pack but it still worked somewhat like one. A bit of a chuckle rolled from the wolves maw, “It seems I’ve been too vague… My kin are not just Lupa. And I’m not here because you are simply a kingdom…” the wolf's teeth gritted as his eyes narrowed, “I can teach your people the skills they need to triumph in a battle squadron… War in a pack is the same in a kingdom just on a larger scale. I haven’t a slightest doubt in my abilities. If I did, I wouldn't be here.” He shared, “I will train your people to have the necessary skills required to defend themselves, to kill, and to properly fight alongside their brethrens sides. They will learn how to read and make signals properly and as needed for successful raids against Mellow and their scattered slave plantations, not to mention at center of the problem. We alpha’s do it all, we teach our pack, we train them, and we take responsibility for their actions, good or bad. I may not be the alpha here, but they will be treated as my pack, my people, and trained vigorously to insure success.” sighing as he relaxed a bit, “Give me a map, I can show you all of the plantations, where guards are placed, and then some… My skills do not end on the battle field.” he finished, his orange hues never leaving the king before him. Elmira was on the edge of her seat, when David compared himself to an Alpha it seemed to set cause Maugrim’s fur to bristle, lupa were ones to challenge alpha’s it was something he’d confided in her, a reason he had refrained from coming forward… The centaur had given him the push however, she just hoped it wouldn’t end in a fight. As Maugrim had sighed and relaxed his muzzle, the woman let her own small exhale to leave her lips.  

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 8:40 pm

Quote :

David

David let the male speak, allowing him to explain himself in detail of his skills and his kind’s ways of life. It was an interesting method of life, and he wrote down notes as needed, to accurately describe it for his library. After all, if they were to house lupus and others in the future, he would want the proper information on hand to not offend or accidentally discriminate against any of them. “You did not mention any other species, so no, I was unaware your packs are not just lupa. Can you explain in more detail what your packs consist of? Or your own specifically?” Maugrim then continued, and the king frowned a bit, not entirely liking his continued speech. Yes, his people needed training, but most were capable of killing when needed. They lived their entire lives in fear and many never strayed from the path of success against tyrants. However, when it came to war and working together, that was different altogether. He could at least give him credit for that. Initially at his offer to train, David bristled at his tone, the way he wished to practically take over everything. But at least he ended the note by saying he was not the alpha. It better stay that way, he thought to himself. Just because I’m a king of a building kingdom doesn’t mean I’m worthless in protecting or training my citizens. I killed a damn king with my bare hands. His brows were furrowed, but he didn’t spit at the wolf as he stood to his feet and walked to a general map of his castle and town area, moving some items out of the way before rolling it out to lay flat across his desk. “This covers a couple dozen miles of land in any direction from the castle,” he explained simply, standing with his hands braced on the table above the map.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 3:56 pm

Quote :
Elmira

"Our packs consist of other canines mostly, those of pure lupus heritage and others less pure. However, my pack has more than lupus among them. That was thanks to my sister's large heart for all, she adopted a young human child into our pack. Well, she looked mostly human at first. My sister's influence was great among the pack and one I often rivaled with… though at first, I did not approve of such a frail thing being a part of my pack, she grew on me and from then on we allowed many to join or they were adopted as orphans under our protection." Maugrim was quick to explain the species which lived within his family once he had answered the man’s first set of questions. The king's inquires needed to be answered and he fully planned on doing so; however his lack of doing it in the way the king expected seemed to have aggravated David. Glancing down at El, who’s hand was against her forehead, the wolf raised a brow he had stepped on some toes had he. “I seem to have upset you, did I not answer your questions as you had wished?” He inquired as David laid the map before them in a tense fashion before staying standing over the map. Standing to his own canine legs, the wolf gazed at the map as he had requested. It seemed his own question had to wait “Your map needs to be expanded upon but that won’t be hard…” grabbing a few berries from a platter, dried blueberries to be exact. Maugrim used the berries to mark the places where each plantation was, each location he place about three berries down to show the size before adding a single berries along the edges of the plantations in which the guards tended to be heaviest. “I know it looks like a bunch of food on your map but I will explain. These are the plantations,” He pointed to each placement of three blueberries, “Outside of these locations are where the guards are stationed in various positions. Which for now I’ve noted with a single berry for each spot. “ Sighing he looked up at David, “These are only a few of the plantations outside of Mellow fork… there are others on the opposite side. And the way I understand it there are more spanning across the map according to other Lupa packs… though I haven’t confirmed this for myself yet.”  
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 5:22 pm

Quote :

David

David took account of his words, the species involved with the lupus packs. He wanted to see them in person, to get a better perspective, but he didn't have the time to set aside to travel and see one. His mind and schedule were too full as it was to even use it as a kingdom expense. Maugrim asked if he hadn't answered correctly, but David didn't answer, rather letting the wolf go through and label each plantation and guard posting he knew of. Eventually his map was full of dried fruits, and he was a bit overwhelmed by the matter. He opened one of his drawers and pulled out ink quills, beginning to replace the fruits with ink dots, color coded to their specific labels. Once he was finished, and the lupa finished speaking, he set his quills aside and looked over the map. "My ambassador Kochab is in charge of mapping the territory of Folgario. We have tread little beyond it due to the threat of the slave trade alongside the death of our scouts. There are some who do not view Folgario as a legitimate kingdom and do not respect the titles given to my court. I would be glad to have any extra information you or your pack have concerning territories and other plantations. At the moment, this serves as a starting point for where to scout and how to liberate those areas. Then on top of that figuring out where to keep the slaves after they are freed…" David sighed, running a hand through his hair causing the flames to flutter at his touch. "This will help, though. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 5:42 pm

Quote :
Elmira

With his berries replaced with ink, Maugrim huffed at the strong smell but tolerated it for now. Upon finishing the placements, David seemed to look a bit overwhelmed with all the spots now nicely noted on his once blank map. “I know, it’s a lot.” Maugrim responded his own sigh leaving him. “There were more but my pack got rid of a few of them already… the lesser protected ones. Here, here, and right there.” He pointed to three locations. “These were rather small and newly started there were mostly women and young children in these ones. Listening to David speak of his ambassador and the reason they hadn’t gone farther with their maps, Maugrim nodded understanding. “My pack members, as well as, myself can make it safer for your people… make it less of a risk for your ambassador and scouts.” He had silently noted David’s lack of answering his earlier questions which now he was going to address, “King David, It seems we do not know how to properly respect each other without causing some sort of disrespect… Even in this small amount of time in this very room I’ve managed to step on your feet as you have my own… I think we should take time to learn one another’s cultures, ways of life… to prevent such issues in the future. We need to be able to communicate successfully if we want this to work.” he laid out what he could see before him verbally, he wasn’t going to let something fester when he could see there was something wrong.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 5:57 pm

Quote :

David

The king was content with the exchange, just thankful to have a start for how to continue. The insights would prove to be invaluable, he was certain. The wolf noted the liberated camps, and he placed black dots on those areas to indicate their completion. It would help to track their progress. He then nodded at the suggestion, liking the idea of the lupus packs protecting his people, and was about to jump onto that subject when his prior question was brought up again. David swallowed, a knot forming in his throat as he looked to Elmira, not quite certain how to proceed. But he took a deep breath and faced the wolf again, standing up straighter. "I agree that we need to understand each other better. I apologize if I have not made you feel welcome." He sighed, finally taking a seat in his chair. "A lot has transpired in the last couple weeks that has left me frazzled, including a kidnapping, a canceled royal wedding, and a new crowing of an Es'lond queen after the assassination of her father and brother. Not only that, but my trusted advisor is not at my side and neither is my fiancee. As a fragile king, it has left me with very few cards to play and I hold them very dearly." He met the wolf's amber eyes keenly. "I am the king of my kingdom and therefore have jurisdiction over my people. I overthrew an entire group intent on making this kingdom an oligarchy, and killed the slavery king that proceeded me. I am more than capable of handling things. However, I need assistance in areas I am not trained in. I understand you are an alpha in your pack and have worked towards that rank. But here, they are my citizens. You speaking in a manner as though you will take charge of their training and make them your own pack feels an insult to the years of training they have received. Our kingdom is known for our schools, Maugrim. We train our children from a young age to scout, to be stealthy, to assassinate. To protect their kingdom and households. They are not useless or weak as it may seem to outsiders. I appreciate your offer to train them and will allow you to do so. But only if you incorporate the dedicated process we have put in place to preserve the foundation of this new kingdom. People are afraid, scared, and confused. There are few things that bring them comfort, and the lessons they receive through their entire life give them grounding. I apologize if I have been uptight or rude to you, it is not my intention. My fiancee and I had plans in place for funding our slavery liberation and an expansion on our housing and resources for them upon their arrival from their camps. Now, we have none of that funding. We are left with very little while kingdoms like Mellowfork loom at our back. Just because there is an ongoing war doesn't mean I will forgo all of the legacy of this country. So forgive me if I am extra protective of my kingdom at this time."
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 9:14 pm

Quote :
*War General* Maugrim Kieran Moro

Catching David’s worried glance, El was just as worried, however, she knew Maugrim wouldn’t do anything that would be ludicrous. Giving her friend an encouraging smile, Elmira nodded her head in a manner to get the two men to continue forth with their discussion. The king was quick to apologize for any toes he may have stepped on before proceeding with their discussion after Elmira’s encouraging nod to David’s nervous glance. The king before him sighed and returned to his seat explaining himself, why he became heated and on edge suddenly. “You no need to explain yourself to me, I accept your apology… While our loved ones are out of reach, we can take this time to better understand one another.” His deep voice suggested, “Tomorrow, I’ll introduce you to my pack, you will get to witness my kind at our best and probably at our worst in a human’s eyes.” He scratched his chin as he glanced at the ceiling before gracing the king with as kind of a smile the beast could muster, a canine mouth wasn’t exactly the best at stretching into a smile without looking amonus. David went on to speak of his past, he knew little about the man, but Maugrim held great respect for him given his past and what he had done for the people by liberating them. Pride filled the wolf man, his lupus tail began to sway back and forth behind him where he sat. “I’ve spoken poorly I see, my common speech is lacking… “ the wolf began trying to decide what he had meant to say, how to word it in the common language he wasn’t so used to. “What I had meant to say was that I’d teach your people my ways. Having more than one way of fighting, defending, and defeating their enemies is always useful to have under one's paws or well… feet in your case.” he managed to clear up that misunderstanding or at least he had hoped he did. “What you need or require mostly is my skills in battle strategy and soldier placement and you need not worry, I will not replace or do away with your teachings. I haven't a use for such actions nor would I ever want to. Such things are gravely looked down upon within my own pack, adding to one's knowledge is a wonderful act however…” lifting his paws he shook his head, still a kind look in his wolf eyes, “No need to apologize, this is a time of war, with war comes many emotions even wolves are not immune too.” he shared with him before placing his canine-like hands back down on the table. Tapping his claw’s fingers against the table as curiosity spiked, his wolf ears forward, “David, how soon do you teach your young to fight and or flee?” He asked curiously. Elmira raised a bit of a brow before glancing behind the wolf as she heard a swishing sound passing the chair legs. It was Maugrim’s tail wagging, this causing her to smirk before she silently redirected her gaze now able to relax with the tension in the air lessening.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Quote :

David

The male lupus before him was quick to explain his reasoning, even going so far as to invite him to see his pack, understand their ways. David was still wary of the male’s intentions with his kingdom, and was still tense in his chair, but gave the wolf a chance to expand upon his meanings. Maugrim’s smile didn’t help either - it resembled a male about to tackle his prey more so than a sympathetic gesture. Trying to stay as positive and neutral in the meeting as possible, using Elmira’s presence as a hutch, he let out a slow sigh to ease the growing tension in his shoulders and listened to the male continue. He did make a good point - having multiple avenues of defense was never a bad thing to have. It was a comfort to know the training would be additional, and not supplementary. “I appreciate your respect for our ways. I am working to preserve as much of this kingdom’s roots and values as possible, and would fight to the death to keep them from losing anything again. This war threatens us all beyond the threat of bound slavery.” Avoiding the lupus’ gaze for a moment, his navy eyes going to the shelves, David was suddenly alerted to the sound of fur brushing against wood, sooner than Elmira had peered over to see what it was. He turned his head back to see the wolf’s ears perked, sitting straighter than before and asking about youth training protocols. David sat up straighter himself, matching the wolf before him despite their size difference. “They begin training as soon as they can hold a weapon,” he explained, “usually between three and four years old. They start with carefully handcrafted pillow-like weapons that turn into harder materials as they grow. All children learn self defense, how to listen to their surroundings, how to properly hide and evade a situation, and how to stay light and stealthy on their feet. This teaches them the fundamentals that continue in skill as they grow older and mature into their respective branches of the skill tree, stealth and strength. It has not failed in the time I have been king, though I have not been king long enough to see an entire progression. My son in a sense is a subject to learn from, to see how he fares with the programs and classes as he grows. He is also expected to take the role of the tournaments as he matures - when he is old enough, he will manage all the tournaments and be in charge of class tests and administration tasks, and so he is attending every class as a normal student to understand the ins and outs of everything. The program was founded mostly by trusted advisors to ensure all subjects are taught equally and fairly, and so far everyone has been content with it. From three to sixteen, they are consistently training and learning, and are ready to defend anyone by the time they finish the tournament. It is the biggest celebration in the kingdom, I imagine Elmira has told you about it before. Her own daughter will be entering in just a few years it seems, just a handful more to go.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin   Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thornhedge - 1x1 w/ Moon and Pumpkin
Page 35 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next