Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 0fbc06ea6b92b9eeedee0a498b88751a
Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 9e1b505d3e56fed94c09db78c598401d
Quote :
Her comment regarding unpassionate guests overlooking such remarkable details was refreshing. He could rarely marvel in such a likeminded opinion. People's interests were so fickle and he could never quite put a finger on why. Guests could admire the beauty of this castle, because who could not, but they never appreciated it to the lengths it deserved. What a shame that was. "Of course they do not. The capricious mind of most nobles are so shallow, they can barely discern what beauty is. They see something shiny and they just take it by impulse." Xavier wavered his head as he tsk'ed at the thought alone. Then he said, "that may seem very scandalous of me to say but I see no shame in declaring the truth and plus, I don't fret about such trivial things seeing as how they have a brilliant form of guidance to teach them. You have been a beckon of hope to me." Xavier chuckled quietly. Then he received the paper to write out his agreements and pulled it close to fill. With a quill in hand, he neatly declared his acceptance of the conditions and the task. His penmanship was another one of his acquired talents. Calligraphic styled words eased onto the sheet of paper. The first letter was always larger than that of the others and neatly twisted and curled with little effort, while the rest were slanted in an upwards fashion, narrowly spaced, and looped beautifully. He had inscribed his side of the bargain and scrawled his signature down below. Marvelous. Now he was officially enlisted. His dark eyes couldn't help but fold over to Lady Ravenmore as she appeared fixated on every word. Her jaw was so tightly clenched as she read it over, whereas he skimmed it haphazardly, that it amused him. It was not like there would some catch in microscopic print. And if there was, he would accept the consequences. She seemed overly keen on avoiding it though. Xavier was half worried she would burst a vein from her unyielding stare, but his superior was there to turn his attention back to their conversation. He listened to it intently and possessed a radiating smile. "You make a duchess blush, dear sir. I am delighted that we will get to know each other better through this." Hearing it, he felt warmed by the comment. "Why, I must thank whomever sent me in your direction, because I couldn't agree more." He stated. "I trust that our job would not have been fulfilled if your people thank us over you however. The praise goes to you, Lady Abi'Laark, not us." Having said this sincerely, his eyes secretively motioned over to his partner to glimpse her reaction since it was quite different from what she teached. There was no honor he wanted, nothing but the opportunity to complete a task and learn something along the way. Quietly, he hoped that over the course of her experiences, she would find the way to embrace this important lesson. He smiled back to his superior before the glance was perceived.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 3d25f7a60fea20ef57e02e06d1480078
Quote :
Trinity still found herself astonished at the male sitting in the chair across from her, but appreciated his comments as he continued about the nobility that cared not for anything but themselves. Yet she couldn’t help but laugh out loud, shaking her head as some hair fell over her shoulders. “You could say the same applies for finding themselves a partner,” she mused. “They see someone pretty or daft and just think “that’s mine, it’s pretty”. You wouldn’t believe the number of letters or personal requests I get to court some overzealous lower noble or even some wealthy guests that travel through. I completely understand where you are coming from. Nobles are such fickle people nowadays. Can’t see beyond their own two feet, unfortunately, which is why their citizens can cause uprisings so easily. All because a noble can’t appreciate the finer things in life they have the privilege of enjoying. A shame, really.” Reaching forward, she took the paper that Xavier signed and placed it over Lady Ravenmore’s, appreciating the penmanship he showed. They both had nice handwriting, but his was at least a tad easier to read and put his initials as the main show. She had seen some dreadful signatures in her day, but he knew how to sign a paper. What had the world come to that she liked a simple thing as words of ink? Chuckling to herself under her breath, she turned her attention back to the two knights, observing them carefully. Xavier’s sudden praise for her caught her off guard, and she laughed again, this time her cheeks truly turning pink. “Oh no, I cannot take credit.” She saw the bewildered look that Juniper gave to Xavier, and it put a smirk on her face. The noble marquess would perhaps need to be taken down a few pegs, and as she opened her mouth to protest, Trinity held up a hand in her direction. She didn’t want to see what she would dare to say in front of her superior, and the duchess didn’t want any ill will towards her from regretting her words. “I can take credit for taking action for their request to help, but you two will be the ones solving the crisis itself. If they do not celebrate you, then I will wonder what has come to their heads. Nonetheless, they make their choices. Whoever they claim was the true victor of this arrangement, I will accept the outcome. Now, since we have settled on our agreement, why don’t the three of us head to the dining room?” She stood from her chair, adjusting the cape on her shoulders and gesturing outwards to the door, which was now opened by one of the guards. A few swift movements around the room and she was in the door frame, grinning at the two with her hands folded behind her. “Let me lead the way.” Turning on her heel, she could practically feel the burning gaze from Lady Ravenmore as she did so, stepping out into the hall and walking slowly enough for them to keep up. Juniper loved to turn quick on her heel - the simple motion of using her tactic hopefully would keep the woman from interrupting anything. “As you see, Sir Xavier,” she began, gesturing now to the architecture of the grand hall they walked into upon taking a couple quick turns, “the large windows you see off to your right were designed to look over my land with a serene view at any time of day or night, and the grey tones bring out the stunning purples and golds. I had banners and my crests placed near some of the best pieces of the podiums and designs, to draw your eye to them. Nobody comments on them, but clearly they had an effect on you, which was the point of it all. You can even see the graceful symbol of our lands, the oak tree, embellished within some of the crown moulding.” She pointed to it gracing above them, just before the giant beams above met and created the tall ceiling above them. The wood floors below made the hall echo, but it was not painful as the words flew into the ceiling and back down again. Everything was designed to fit the bustle of a duchess who had no time to sit and meander, large spaces to hold many people and giant windows to bring in as much natural light in as possible.

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Quote :
The elegant laugh of his superior followed by her experience with nobles attempting to court her greatly entertained him. For a woman of her stature and beauty, he felt as though she must have had an interesting life of romance. Though most wealthy people were superficial and left a trail of broken hearts in their wake, he was somewhat fascinated by the idea of noble courting. Without a doubt, Xavier was eager to learn more. Fine wines, dinner in palaces, and the like always had his fancy. It was a shame they were so shallow, but he entertained the idea of gaining more experience. "What I think they lack is variety of culture." Xavier responded with. "I for one believe it is vital to explore the world." Noting his superior fluster at his words, he turned gaze and saw Lady Ravenmore's baffled expression. Jaw nearly dropped, her entire world was upturned and shaken. She wanted gripe about the situation but her attempts were disbanded when the noblewoman cut her off. Xavier meanwhile sat back and watched. He seemed content with it. She needed to reel in her emotions better if she ever wanted that glory she so desperately sought for and so far, she had made a poor start. The idling man merely listened to Lady Abi'Laark's take on the 'who would take credit spiel' but he was clearly indifferent on the subject too. He patiently waited for the topic to change direction. He seemed pleased with the idea of dining. The man came forward from his chair as his superior ambled to the other side of the room, and he rose to his feet as they decided to take their leave. Once stood, he lightly tugged the bottom of his jacket to adjust it. He brushed some dirt of his shoulder with a huff. Then he turned to stride behind his superior through the doorway and into the grand hall. As he followed after, Xavier seemed to take a leisurely stroll with his head high rather than walk. He examined the hallway with a regal guise. Juniper Ravenmoore trailed after like a soldier. He quietly blew air out of his lips at the sight of her. Then he shook his head in dismay and turned his cheek.
His superior described the layout of the hallway from the overarching ceiling. The scattered windows allowed natural light into the estate, to which he examined for a moment or two before proceeding forward. There was something about so pleasing about using natural light to the advantage of an estate. All of the beauty is there, it only needs to be perfected through architecture. He admire her use of it. The colors, the banners, and royal crests all complimented one other. He had to admit, the colors were very different from its original theme. Usually La Verdalle used a wide variety of vibrant colors from scarlet reds, to royal purples, and yellows. They hardly ever used the material that was found here in this estate's walls. But it was not supposed to be an exact replica and that was the point. The estate was a blend between the culture here and the one overseas and he appreciated that fact. When he had inspected the forest from through the windows, he curled his mustache with one hand with a sense of curiosity. He angled towards her and said, "it is quite a wondrous view, I have to say. From across this ridge, I am almost able to overlook your entire estate." He leaned on his heel and began to amble back to his superior as she continued on her tour.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Quote :
As she perambulated down the hall, she watched as Sir Xavier admired the same things she did, enjoying the fact that his eyes trailed each individual feature. After over a year of finishing this entire castle from scratch by her grandparents, plus the redesigning of her own additions, it was worth a good look. As she continued about the history of the hall, she noticed that Xavier had paused by the window, and she turned to watch him. He curled his mustache and offered a comment of the wonderful view he was offered through it. Yes, it was quite an amazing view. Not only did it give her a sense of peace that she was surrounded by lush land and had freedom beyond the walls, but also intimidated those with lesser fortunes into making sure they stayed on her good side. The game of politics was fun, but it required rigorous planning to keep afloat. “Indeed, that is the point. Placing this home upon a hill makes for an excellent view, as well as provides easier protection against anyone daring to sabotage us. The view from my wing is even better, as you can see for miles. The sunset is practically right there at your fingertips. Your guest room will be towards the sunrise, Sir Xavier, which is a gorgeous view beyond the trees. I try to keep my castle as open as possible, and even had to bring in a crew of tradesmen when I became duchess to open up new windows and spaces to allow more air and light in. The grey stone is nice, but it can be drab oh so fast. Why limit the view of such wondrous territory? I could frolic in it all day if I were a child.” Giggling, she waited for the man to follow before she walked them through the lobby and across the way to the dining room, which had giant open windows out to the courtyard. “If you would like, it is such a nice day that I would like to dine outside. Get some sunshine on my face after being cooped up with meetings all day. Do either of you have a preference?”

Juniper seemed to perk up at the idea from the back, and stepped forward, hand on her rapier. “I would love to eat outdoors, Lady Abi’Laark,” she spoke, obviously trying to hide her enthusiasm for the suggestion. “It would be a splendid idea. Sir Xavier?” She looked to the man, and Trinity couldn’t help but be amused by the tension held in the air between them. It had stayed ever since she had entered the room in the first place. “What do you think?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Quote :
Her brief description had accidently caused his mind to wander. The beautiful sunrise she had praised must have been a marvelous sight. His eyes panned onto the gaping windows of the palace and the valley outstretched beyond it. He could see the sliver of light across the darkened hills. The callings of morning birds caressed his gentle ears. Then for the most glorious picture of all, the downpour vibrant array of orange and red hues as they spilled into the hall like a waterfall, pouring onto the marble flooring with aesthetic grace. It must have been a radiant sight to behold. Fortunately, his eyes would be blessed with such a view since he was now a guest of the house. As he soaked in his superior's words, Xavier made a remark, "yes, drab is the word I would use. Not a very pleasant thing I'm afraid. Though I am glad to find that your taste in grey stone resembles mine to an extent, but it is the décor that truly holds value in an estate, Madame, not just the build of the structure itself. You are in good standing." He announced with a spry glint in his eye. But upon ambulating towards the dining room, he was poised with a question. “If you would like, it is such a nice day that I would like to dine outside. Get some sunshine on my face after being cooped up with meetings all day. Do either of you have a preference?” He had furrowed up his brows and fiddled with his attire in a stately manner as he fretted over dust on his shoulder. Then he glanced to Lady Ravenmore, his partner, who seemed enthused suddenly. He hadn't the slightest idea why. She turned to him for a reply, wondering what his answer was, and he said, "well if I am permitted to have shade and a drink, then by all means." Being a noble, he was certain Lady Abi'Laark would be willing to accommodate. He was just a little finicky when it came to heat, unlike Lady Ravenmore. He elaborated somewhat distractedly as he gazed through the other gaping window. "I can hardly stand to stay in the sun for too long though, tsk tsk. Ghastly heat is pleasant for the first two minutes I'm afraid. It doesn't bode to well for a man of my stature." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Quote :
Trinity Abi’Laark stood in the hall, listening to her guests and preparing to call a servant to set up their dining experience. However, she was rather surprised at Xavier’s disdain at the heat. She herself enjoyed shade, but even the sunlight provided a healthy tan against her skin. Perhaps he simply liked to keep his complexion pristine, which she could not object against. In their ranks, looking good was half the part. Hence why she asked him here in the first place. “Of course, I will be sure to provide you with such. I wouldn’t place any of us in the uncomfortable heat on an afternoon like today. I will be sure that one of my servants comes to wave cooler air in your direction along with serving you your preferred drinks.” Diverting from her normal path, she took an open hallway after a few moments out giant glass doors to the gardens and seating areas. There were a couple tables to dine at, and as she walked up to the smaller one, some of her staff came to open the umbrella and bring out plates and utensils. She didn’t say anything in particular to them as she sat in one of the seats around the circular iron table, complete with a glass top and bear paw feet. “I am glad to serve many delicacies native to our area. My chef could come out and explain some, or you can eat something you are more familiar with. We grow our own food here, excluding meat which we import to my manor here, so your wish is their demand during your stay.” She turned her head to one servant boy, telling him to get her her usual drink, in which he nodded and raced to the kitchen to fetch it. As she looked back, she saw Juniper take her seat as well, though looked somewhat uncomfortable in her attire. “I am surprised you wore such heavy armor to meet us, Lady Ravenmore. If you like, my staff can provide you with a change of clothes to keep with you to your journey.”

“Oh, that won’t be necessary,” the young woman replied, her face growing pink. “I am perfectly fine with this. The shade will keep me satisfied.”

“Very well.” Trinity nodded, and as the boy returned with her drink, she told him to fetch another staff member to cool off Xavier, in which he ran off again to fulfill the deed. Things were so much simpler when others could do your menial tasks for you.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 12:53 am

Quote :
His eye twinkled in self-satisfaction. It was an anticipated relief to know that his accommodations would be met. With a drink in one hand, and the other available to him to gesture in his conversations, he was calmly awaiting a pleasant conversation between him and his superior under a cool shade. This would be the start of a fine friendship between them. Lights streaked in from the end of the hall, emitting from the glass doors which separated him from the outside world. The group came upon the gaping exit and stepped through the doorway. He eased out with some reluctance. A breeze attempted to fumble with Xavier's hair, but he brushed the attempts away like a nuisance. At the light, his lips pouted in a sumptuous manner. His face crinkled. The discomfort only lasted for a minute or two before he accustomed himself to the environment. The gardens were lavish. The soft scent of flowers brushed his nose. He breathed it in more easily as he found his way to the seating area and enthroned himself in a chair. He crossed his right foot across his knee, fixed his attire, and reclined back. "Oh good. I would love to delight myself in one of your delicacies with a glass of wine then. If you have any recommendations of wine, my lady, I will take that. If not, anything red will suffice." Appearing comfortable, Xavier's distracted eye wandered about the garden, and then to Lady Ravenmoore as his superior had remarked about her attire. He took heed of it after she did. The armor, though dashing as it was, seemed more ridiculous now than before. In this heat and in this season? What was more astonishing was how Lady Ravenmore refused the offer of a change in clothes -from their superior no less. Xavier's brows merely lifted, but he had not said a word. His lips formed a line. He turned his head. He twiddled with the end of his mustache as he waited for his meal and drink and then he casually eyed his partner. He held a detached glance for a second or two before averting his gaze. Then as Lady Abi'Laark was giving commands to her servant boy, he muttered to his companion, only loud enough where she could hear, "if I were you, I would take our superior up on her offer again. Pride or no, denying a hostess, much less a noble, at her own home is considered impolite. Be as it may, I know you might be so swallowed in pride that you do not care, but seeing as how she is your superior and she gives you commands, I recommend 'playing the game' and being more cooperative if you want an easier time." When he was done, he rubbed his chin with his forefinger and continued to look about as if he hadn't said anything and were expecting his meal. Xavier wavered the foot elevated over his leg, and carried the same, dispassionate look as always. When he glanced at his superior, he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 11:19 am

Quote :
As Trinity awaited for the coolant boy to come back with refreshing air for Xavier, she listened to his preferred drink with interest. Red wine? A man of fine taste. “We have plenty of choices for wine, Sir Xavier, ranging in many varieties. I keep a large quantity in my cellar for events and guests passing through. If there is a particular food you enjoy, my staff can inform you of the best selection for your meal, so you have an outstanding pairing. If not, I have my own personal favorites that I can recommend. We import many great wines here, and I invest in my own vineyard and winery a ways from here. That one is of course my preferred drink, as you can see here.” She lifted her goblet to show the rich red wine she had in her hand. “However it doesn’t go well with some foods, so I can’t say I recommend it for everything.” The servant finally returned with a fan to brush air Xavier’s way, and Trinity thanked him and told him to remind her to tip him for his services later. That seemed to keep the man in good spirits as he provided for her guest. Gazing over her gardens a moment, she sipped from her goblet and watched the man murmur something to Lady Ravenmore, immediately making the woman uncomfortable. It seemed she had made a very interesting choice indeed for her quest. She pretended to ignore the exchange however, so when the woman addressed her, she acted as though nothing was amiss.

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 41c83fcae18ff1c5439d3659665e26fb
Quote :
As Juniper stayed and watched the two of them happily converse, she on the other hand was rather disgruntled by Xavier’s obvious prodding of following the noblewoman’s gesture. How dare he assume she was disrespecting Lady Abi’Laark?! She wanted to make a statement of her capabilities for the mission she was sending them on, with a proper sum of money and other amenities. Just because he got to be her esteemed personal guest and tailor didn’t mean he suddenly had superiority over her. She say up straighter, giving him a challenging glare, but decided to address the woman anyways. “On second thought, Your Grace, I will take you up on your offer,” she said, wavering between genuity and annoyance for Xavier. “This armor does warm rather quickly in this weather.”

“I am glad to hear it. Please, go back through and ask the first servant you see to lead you to a guest room. There should be proper clothing in the wardrobe, feel free to keep any and all that you see. Curtesy of the Abi’Laark household.”

Nodding, Juniper stood to her feet, giving a glare down to Xavier and his pompous act of superiority before she went inside, breathing in the cooler air. At least she didn’t have to endure the heat any longer despite the embarrassment she just had to endure. Doing as Trinity said, a maid led her straight to a guest room, and upon arrival, she had to admit that it was quite a nice space. Ample room for moving around, a desk provided for letters and business, a wardrobe with plenty of room, and the room itself had splendid decor representing the strongest values, colors, and symbols of the realm the Abi’Laark family held. She couldn’t deny being impressed. Once she was certain she was not being watched and that there were no traps held, she was able to take off her armor and set it aside, going through the wardrobe next. Not entirely her taste...at least until she saw the side of the men’s clothes, and preferred that over the dresses inside. She donned a shirt and slacks fitted with a bear’s head as the insignia on the pocket, golden thread laced on the bottom of the slacks and around the buttons of the shirt. After throwing on a belt and a vest over top, and asking the maid to place her armor with her belongings, she went back outside and was refreshed at the change of warmth she now felt. It was much more comfortable outside now. “Thank you again, Lady Abi’Laark, for the attire. I hope to use much of it while serving you.” She avoided gazing at the man across from her.

The lady nodded once, smiling with seeming wonder at the outfit she chose to wear. “I am pleased that you took my offer. I hope to hear good things from my people, seeing you wear my insignia to serve our lands. It will give you much praise I am certain.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Quote :
Now taking into consideration that Lady Abi'Laark had a vineyard, Xavier set his forefinger on his chin. He watched the wine stir in the goblet as he contemplated his next course of action. But the decision was quickly made. He said simply, "I have tasted a wide variety of foods, have them surprise me with whatever they see fit. Have the wine go with the dish. I have no preference." He settled in his chair as a fresh wave of wind rolled across his mellow-brown skin. The cool breeze provided him with the ability to endure the blistering heat. For the time being, his attention was pulled elsewhere as Juniper's attitude seemed to gnarl itself into a pout. 'Do as you wish, darling, this is your problem, not mine.' He had a fraction of mercy and pity upon her poor, ignorant soul but it was up to her to do with that information as she wished. He turned his cheek to her glare. He hadn't even glanced at her as she had taken him up on his suggestion. That was smart.
He skimmed his eyes across the garden as she lifted from her seat and left. His gaze went right through her, despite the look on her face. Her figure slipped into the estate and disappeared into through the back doors, only to return later with a somewhat uncommon attire adorned on her. Embellished with a vest, slacks, and a belt with the estate's insignia, Xavier tried to resist the urge to look upon her but he couldn't help but take a quick look. Just how did this noble act so prideful when she didn't address noble norms? At a guest's estate, a noble, it was outlandish for a woman to wear anything but a dress. Knight or no, that was simply customary. Outside of a guest's estate, things were different. He fully endorsed breaking social norms and would have encouraged dressing as such, but not under these circumstances. Lady Ravenmoore was not within the comforts of her own home. It was not about her. This was a formal meeting, and acting out so headstrong as to take the spotlight was...well, he did not approve. He had no desire of standing out at someone else's estate either and if anyone were to dress outside of social norms, then it would have been Lady Abi'Laark. This was her home. But no, Lady Ravenmoore exchanged his advise for an arguably worse act. 'Oh this woman...' Giving out a bereft sigh, Xavier shook his head and rubbed his temple to ease his embarrassment. He could scarcely look upon her. Despite his throbbing head, Xavier resisted the urge to make a face or chide her about manners. She would learn with time. He hoped. He was grateful his superior was so unconcerned about this breakage of guest protocol and actually complimented the use of her insignia. Xavier had been to a great many noble events, and even smaller offsets had dire consequences. He decided he would rather stand back and allow things to happen as they would. He changed the subject in a charming fashion, followed by a one-sided smile, "might I ask you, Lady Abi'Laark, as to where the bear insignia comes from? I have a feeling that there is more to it than meets the eye. I must say, I'm rather curious."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Seated in the lovely outdoors, Juniper had the displeasure of sitting with more unwelcome company across the table. Ever since she had sat down to rejoin the conversation between the two chatterboxes, she could see the fumes exiting Sir Xavier’s nostrils. Why was the man such a picky pest over her actions? It was like a babysitter chiding a child, waiting for the parents to get home to rat her out. He had been foul since he arrived, yet the duchess found such wonders in his company. It made her question who she was really serving. Leaning back slightly, she crossed her leg over the other and crossed her arms loosely over her chest, looking around the gardens at the beautiful flowers and decor. Anything but Xavier’s either smug or exasperated expression. He was always one or the other when he was looking at her. At least she would have the pleasure of enjoying a nice meal before she was thrown to the savages known as badgers. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she simply tried focusing on their surroundings and waiting for their food, unsure of what even to say. Xavier seemed to have the upper hand, being waited on hand and foot yet expecting her to rise to the occasion. He didn’t know who he was with at all.

Amused by the tension clearly expressed between her guests, Trinity had to hide her smile behind her wine goblet as she sat in silence to gaze between their expressions. She certainly chose well for her entertainment for the day, that was certain. Unintentional, but a pleasing outcome nonetheless. As long as she was not a part of the conflict, her interest was kept. “I would beware of that suggestion, Sir Xavier. If you spit out my wine, I may need to re-evaluate my choices,” she mused in a teasing tone. Her wine was not for the faint hearted, and by the looks of the sensitive-skinned man, she was not certain he could handle the alcohol. But, she trusted him nonetheless. Either he drank it like a true knight, or he politely refused to have any more and she could take the rest of the bottle for herself. No harm, no foul. However, as she sat and pondered over both the internal war between her company and the man’s drinking tolerance, Xavier gave his signature smile and changed to more dignified conversation. He certainly knew the game of court; very refreshing. She could talk to him all day. “Ah yes, the bear. We have two insignias, actually, one of a bear and one of a particular tree, a White Fir. The bear, normally a grizzly or brown bear, is portrayed as golden due to the first settlers that claimed this land. They believed that the grizzly was golden due to the way the sunlight would hit them in the forests. We protect our golden bears here, and have a sanctuary for them a ways from here, away from civilization. They represent our strength and determination to finish what we started and never back down from a fight. The tree however represents resilience and grace, a reminder of our strength outside of battle and standing firmly on the ground we protect. We tend to use either depending on the circumstance or the time we reside in. For example, Lady Ravenmore is more than welcome to wear the bear head as she will be fighting the pests of the badgers alongside you when you join her. If it were a quest of espionage or diplomacy, I would prefer the tree. It is like a flag of surrender, a clear sign of what our goal is at that time. If we enter a meeting with the bear, you know that we are not scared of war. The insignias have been passed down for generations, and if you see my family crest, you see the two golden, or grizzly, bears on either side, the tree in the top left corner and a shield in the bottom right. We are a strong force here, hence why I have earned the name duchess.” She sipped at her wine, spinning it in her cup. “A long story but a simple explanation. Now you may recognize what certain symbols mean when they are placed through my manor.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Quote :
A cleverly hidden smile emphasized Xavier's delight from Lady Abi'Laark's comment about her wine. He need only arch his brow and make his point. "Spitting out a fine wine? Oh the audacity, Lady Abi'Laark. I assure you that I am not capable of such an atrocious, inhospitable act, my dear. If a wine is bitter I allow it to sit until I fancy it, but I always fancy it." He swished his hand with a humored chuckle, slipping his focus onto anything that caught his eye in the scenery while the long-drawn explanation of the insignias came from his superior's lips. There was so much preserved history in this estate, it crossed him as a bit of a surprise. There was no change in his expression, per usual, but he loved to listen to the symbols and meanings. Nobles never bored Xavier, no matter how often he heard the stories, and no matter how much they talked. They could prattle on about trivial matters and he wouldn't so much as bat an annoyed eye. He was never caught dozing through any of it. It was always so new and bizarre to him. 'My, what a fascinating life!' He thought. "Using a different banner for your circumstance is surprisingly creative. I have never heard of such a thing. Dare I say, your approach must cause the other nobles to quake in envy, m'lady."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Quote :
Trinity could not help but giggle at Xavier’s response about the wine, smiling in amusement at the image. So dramatic over a simple tease, yet she knew he was just playing along. His phrasing always made the conversation more exciting, much more than nobility that took everything seriously and had no sense of real humor. Her job was rather boring in that notion. Although, she was surprised that he seemed so interested in the history of her land’s symbols and meaning. He hadn’t once looked bored throughout her explanation, which was rare. Normally she cut it short to move on with more diplomatic discussions. This was an interesting pair to pick for her task. “You overemphasize, Sir Xavier,” she mused. “I don’t doubt that I make an impression, but a woman like me with no man at her side is quite the put-off for some nobles, especially ones higher on the ranks. A man is an easier representation of strength, after all. If I walk in with my tree insignia, nobody blinks an eye. When I walk in with a bear, they have full reign in their eyes to question my abilities and strength. It is a confusing and ridiculous world we live in. But, I think my accomplishments speak for themselves.” Setting her goblet down, she took in a breath of the fresh air and adjusted her hair as it got caught on her cape brooch. “There are not many that would challenge me. Though I may not physically look the part, my impression of my insignias have proved their worth greatly in battles and negotiations. You should see some of the outstanding leaps we have made in my land from using the tradition of the trading symbols over generations.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Quote :
He was quite aware of his superior's predicament with other nobles, being that she was a woman. He nodded his head loosely, insisting that he understood what she was saying, considering he had. Nobles were a fascinating assortment of people who never bode well to status and power derived from women -at least women who's insignia was on strength or brute force. It was customary to have a noblewoman in a dress, fickle and dainty. The sword went both ways though, and men suffered their own petty jabs, but this was an issue Lady Abi'laark had to personally deal with on a day to day basis and she emphasized how it troubled her. She sighed out through her lips and set her drink down on the table beside her, furtively glancing down at her hair, releasing it from the brooch's unkindly grip before assuring the two knights that despite the nobles who stuck their nose up at the sight of a woman in power, she was still respected and her title was revered. He knew this is was true simply by her disposition and the attitudes of her workers. It wasn't hard to see the servants show the noblewoman respect whenever they had the opportunity. Clearly the kingdom deemed her fit enough to rule over other knights, or they wouldn't have been assigned to be here, so she was in good standing. Xavier failed to realize why being a 'put-off', as she called it, to other nobles was an issue. Granted, his views of popularity was scarcely different than that of a typical noble because he knew every noble offended other nobles. It was a delicate balance of holding respect and standing out on your own, and not every noble would take too kindly to either, but it hadn't really mattered in the long run. If the majority followed through with Lady Abi'Laark than the minority would follow suit simply to fit in with the social group and be 'in the group' so to speak. They would talk badly or perhaps stick up their noses but that was customary and even considered an unavoidable consequence in his eye. It was the burden of having wealth and status. Xavier never mentioned any of this out loud of course, he would follow the direction of the conversation and add his input when it was appropriate, but nothing more. He would remain attentive to her needs. Considering this was only an introductory visit and they had never met prior to this conversation, chiming in a separate opinion was rude. He continued to nod his head, bob his elevated foot, and smile pleasantly. His suave, rich voice slipped from his lips as he responded. "Clearly you have done very well for yourself indeed, madame. Glancing upon your estate, your servants, and the loyalty of your people I say you have progressing rather well. Not everyone can be so prosperous at a time like this with these difficulties. I would very much like to hear more of the success of your estate and its outstanding achievements, and praise you for them, but I feel as though Lady Ravenmore might not be as inclined to hear them as I am. Consider it the opportunity to set up another time for us to chat over fine drinks," he said with a chuckle as he leaned back in his seat. He propped his elbow against the armrest of the chair as he rolled his fingers. He basked for a moment or two in the breeze that was blown in towards him from his superior's servant. The clean, ocean-free air was pleasant enough to send shivers up his spine. 'Oh how the ocean reeks at times, nothing is more rewarding than clear air and shade.' Xavier said, "this is marvelous by the way. Thank you for your hospitality."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Quote :
At Xavier’s praise, Trinity had to hold back a blush for once, rolling her eyes playfully to hear such words gush from his mouth. She almost suspected that he played the show of niceties to her to gain her favor, but he seemed better than that. He did request a handicap for the weather, after all. She especially had to hide a grin at that. He wouldn’t have asked such an outright thing if he was just being nice to gain popularity. Resting her hands on the armrests, she tapped her fingers on the wood, though not her nails. She was not about to chip her polish with the simple tapping of her nails on the material. Lady Ravenmore however, she was a spectacle. Mens clothes, short cropped nails, rough features. Not trying to look masculine, but far more comfortable in her own skin. Considering the armor she first wore, she was certainly an oddity, though so was Xavier. An interesting pair in their own rights. “Oh please, you don’t have to go on. But I do appreciate the sentiments. I do my best to earn the respect of everyone I oversee, especially the people that serve me directly. Loyalty is key after all to keeping one’s position for generations. As for Lady Ravenmore, I think she would need to be subjugated to the speech if she is going to be working for me, but, I suppose you have a point. She seems much more hands on, wouldn’t you say?” She noticed that the woman seemed peeved out of the corner of her eye at the wording. She was starting to see why irritating the soldier-esc noble was entertaining to the nobleman next to her. “I do agree however, we must arrange another discussion soon. I want to hear all about your side too, as I have not had the time to look into you as much as I should, same with your companion. I must learn what I can before we are absent from each other until my problem has been solved.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Quote :
His superior seemed rather cheeky with her comment. It was an innocent nudge, but it wasn't taken very well, and poor Lady Ravenmoore was left to furrow her eyebrows in silence. The whole ordeal amused him though. These quaint formalities usually lead to 'under the table prodding' and 'sideways glances'. Oh nobles. They were humorous! A chuckle rolled in his throat after Lady Ravenmoore's restrained glare. She uncomfortably shuffled in her getup. However, it was was a true statement and she shouldn't have taken offense to the comment, considering its truth. She was more hands on and direct, and that was just how it was. There was no need to be so ashamed -even if it is un-noble like. The kingdom needed people like her to dig their hands in filth if progress was to be made, so she should have considered herself fortunate. Xavier, feeling as impassive as ever, rolled back his shoulders and twirled the tip of his mustache with his fingers. "Ah, well then, I would be quite delighted to share my experiences. The southern rain-forests out by the coast was brimming with diverse culture and decor. The Asaerian culture is unlike anything else." He sharply breathed in, imagining the country as if he were there. The man folded his arms behind his head to lean back to gaze up at the clear blue sky and the puffs of clouds. A smile possessed his lips. His eye twinkled and he said, "oh- how I miss the humid air, the aromas of freshly cooked meals, and the morning calls of colorful wildlife, but I shall surely go into more detail to your discretion, Lady Abi'Laark. This current predicament is of utmost concern." His eyes glanced toward his partner. "And I look forward in knowing more about you, Lady Ravenmoore. In due time, of course. But I am sure we will find at least one thing in common between the two of us, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Quote :
Trinity’s interest was peaked by Xavier’s mention of Asearian culture and the rainforests they resided in. She had never been to those parts of the Isles, or beyond, since she had taken her place as ruler of Maintebeau Forest. How long had it been since she had ventured, explored? Nobility often had no time to travel for personal affairs, rather squeezing in time when visiting another noble. Perhaps that’s why these two accepted her offer and didn’t bawk at her tasks for them. Running her finger along the rim of her goblet, she watched as her companion leaned back, remembering his travels and looking as though he could be there right now, eyes gazing up into the bright blue skies. Though his insistence on their current matter made her scoff. She waved her hand with an amused smile. “No no, it sounds lovely. We will have plenty of time to go over it during your short visit, and if we do not go over it all, it gives us an excuse to see each other again. Perhaps I will need your assistance in the future. You too of course, Lady Ravenmore, if you both deem yourselves worthy of my time and coin. I doubt either of you will disappoint me, however.” Her eyes went to the other woman, who now had both pairs of eyes on her for once in the conversation.

Quote :
Waiting for the two to move onto a topic she could participate in, Juniper Ravenmore had adjusted her gaze to the gardens, attempting to mentally name each plant she could recognize. Because this forest territory was not far from hers in retrospect of geography, there was many similar foliage to her own lands, which helped her not feel so out of place among the two nobles that hit it off like fish in a river. She really didn’t understand it. Being delivered her drink, she currently held it in hand as she looked at the nature around her, before her name popped up in conversation and she looked back to see both of them staring at her. She was not amused. But, Xavier attempted at being cordial. She had to hold back a disgruntled huff. “Yes,” she replied. “Though I am not entirely sure that anything you find interesting would be remotely in my category of hobbies.” She noticed her superior smile, sipping from her own goblet to seemingly try and hide it. What was so funny? These two were insufferable.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Quote :
The sky above them, dashed with blues and whites like a canvas, warmed his heart, if not a small amount. He seemed more than satisfied with where he currently was. The sun washing down upon the landscape, but not a drop on his skin. The twittering birds and refreshing perfumes of flowers dusted his exquisite nose, causing the hairs on his arms to prickle in satisfaction -yes, this was wonderful. The man turned his chin to the side as Lady Abi'Laark had made a gesture which caught his eye. She waved his comment off with her slender hand, smiling in a friendly way. At least it was friendly in regards to him. The other Lady in this conversation, however, was still rubbing her superior the wrong way, just enough to feel like an awkward gap in the discussion between Xavier and Lady Abi'Laark, but not enough to cause a fuss. If that were the case, he was sure their superior would have made that clear. But still, he couldn't help but feel a dash of sympathy. She was feeling like the odd one out. Different. But, he did warn her and that was the end of that in his mind. The man brushed his sympathies aside and replied to his radiant superior. "Marvelous, my dear, I look forward to it," he mused and smiled. "I assure you, Lady Abi-Laark, we shall do our best to please you." His gaze wandered onto his partner, who had seemed to have tasted a lemon now. Her lips scrunched up, as did her face, in a scowl that she tried to hide but had done poorly. If this were a less formal occasion, perhaps Xavier would have clicked his tongue at her in his disapproval but he resisted against the urge and found amusement in her response to his comment. The sharpness in her stare only made him and his superior smile at her impudence. While he generally kept his cool in all settings, he was not opposed to defending his attempts at starting conversations. Two could play at this game. "Oh, perhaps not, no." He muttered as he eyed his hand. "It is difficult to compete with a small to medium-sized bird who catches fish, no? Forgive me for assuming we are anything alike." She chuckled softly to himself. "At any rate, that does not mean we cannot make memorable memories of our own when we catch badgers and whatnot. Who knows, perhaps something will come about and bring us together. Fancy that..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 9:23 pm

{{Skip ~ Next Day}}

Quote :
Arriving in Cardimont was no grand affair. Arthaenax’s hooves were caked in mud and dirt as he pushed through the entrance to the town, people bustling this way and that. Juniper could hardly see where to go, only able to use the signs on the buildings to give her any clue as she squeezed onto the side of the pebble-strewn road. It was a quaint little village, shops lining either side of the strip down to the forest and expanding beyond in a circle to the houses behind or atop the shops, then to the farms that surrounded the town, wheat and corn growing strongly. She did find it interesting how open everything was. Other than the short wooden walls that surrounded sections of the town, it was open to the forests around it, as though inviting anything to exit it and come into their midst. Were they so well protected that they had no worries? Or was Trinity Abi’Laark too busy inside her fancy ‘La Verdalle inspired’ castle to know that it was like this? No wonder badgers were infesting the place. Finally able to find a spot in front of a bar to dismount, she swung her leg over and hopped onto the ground, dust puffing up from her feet as she went over to tie her steed’s reigns to the post. He dipped his head to drink from the trough of water (which was murky, but Juniper couldn’t exactly change out an entire trough), and she deemed him safe enough to leave. It gave her time to look around, observe the town and the people populating it. Cardimont reminded her of the villages in storybooks she would read as a child. Everything looked old, rustic. Roofs were still held together with straw and wood, and windows were cracked and chipped but still displaying merchandise as always. What she found most surprising was the lack of chaos. Yes, there were many people crowding the streets now in the afternoon, but there was no worried faces, no disgruntled shouting, nothing that would signal a distressed town infested with badgers. At least, not until she walked up onto the porch of the tavern and noticed a young man approaching, face scrunched up in the most angered expression she had seen on her travels. He walked right up onto the porch and the board hanging outside, which she now noticed had many parchments displaying events, bounties, and various other information, and took down a sign that she could glimpse as a badger’s head on it, crumbling it up and throwing it into the street where it was promptly stampeded over by the crowds and lost to the dirt. He huffed loudly, frustrated, before he stormed through the swinging doors of the tavern. What was all that about? She walked past the doors to the board, scanning over the papers before she noticed a similar parchment stuck under an announcement of a new shop in town. Lifting it, she saw the same badger face, with angry scribbles at the top reading ’Beware the Badgers’, plus four names at the bottom that she assumed were names of the people to contact about the problem. The bartender would know best. Pushing through the doors, she was met with a cacophony of noise. A bard played music in the corner above the chatter of drunken men and waiting ladies, no one conversation merging with another. Everyone ate in their own groups, their established places. When she walked in, Juniper could see that many eyes were upon her as she walked up to the bar. The prominent crest she wore on her clothing, as well as the very style of her clothing, was probably an oddity. Everyone else wore much less fine clothes than she did. A shame, really, but nothing she could fix. She was here for the Lady Abi’Laark, and that was it. Having the attention on her saved her time though, as when she approached, the bartender was already eyeing her, wary and curious of her purpose within his building. She leaned an arm on the counter, gesturing to the golden tree crest upon her vest. “I am Lady Ravenmore,” she greeted. “I’m here about the badgers.” As soon as the last word left her mouth, people around her hushed, now gazing at her more than ever, some with pity and some with rage. The difference was bewildering, and she tried not to be flustered by their overwhelming stares. The bartender set down his glass, his gaze cool, neutral, honed to avoid taking either side of the current conflict. “I believe you need to see Mayor Bernard about such a thing. People don’t take kindly to talk of the badgers.” Juniper was heavily confused, and as the chatter around her began once again, she stared at the counter after ordering herself a light drink. Why was everyone so worked up over this?

Quote :
There was nothing better to wake up to than the bustle of daily castle activities. Sitting up with tangled hair and tired eyes, Trinity Abi’Laark stretched her arms out with a yawn before kicking back her covers and slipping out of bed to go get ready for the day. Her servants were always up before her, always making noise and keeping the castle alive. Though she didn’t sleep in normally, she wasn’t about to let her staff step on tip toes around her unless it was a particular day in which her hall was empty of anyone. However, a day like that had yet to arrive, other than the days of pure and utter ill being. She padded over to her dresser and brushed through each curl and wave of her blonde hair, excited for what the day would bring. Now that she had truly splendid company, she wouldn’t be dragged on with dull meetings or repetitive offers to other nobility, or even have to go through hours of request for the village. She already spent a month straight working - it was time for a break. Once she looked decent enough for the day, Trinity went to the closet to change, though she worried more than usual about her attire. She wanted to look nice for Xavier. He was to help her with her wardrobe after all, what would he say if she showed up in some atrocity? He may doubt that he could ever help her. Tapping her chin and scanning her attire, she finally decided on a simple purple silk dress, a thick golden belt tied around her waist with the long ties falling to the front. Gold filigree lined the sleeve cuffs and skirt ends. If she needed to change in and out of outfits, this would provide something quick, nothing fussy like her multi-layered outfits. She had a feeling though that layers would be adorned plenty. Feeling satisfied with herself after one more long look and tweaking in the mirror, she made her way down to the dining room, greeting any staff she walked past with a smile. They either greeted her back in a rush or made the time to ask her about her rest, which she returned if they followed. Once she reached the room, they brought out her breakfast of sausage, eggs, and cheese with toast, and Trinity thanked them before beginning to eat. There was a time to eat, after all, and a time for activity. She wasn’t about to waste any time sitting down when there was only so little time she had with Xavier. Today and the next was all she had planned before something was thrown her way.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 11:57 pm

Quote :
Xavier was always on his feet an hour before the sun kissed the horizon. If he wasn't, then he was ill with something. Stretching out his arms and getting his grip on reality again, the man faded from his dream-like state and rolled out of bed. One foot hit the polished wooden floor, and then the other. He stretched out again, fixed his mustache, and eyed around the dark room with a glazed over expression, pleased to awake in Lady Abi'Laark's personal guest quarters. The room was spacious, including a dark marble fireplace against the furthest wall, topped with the Estate's emblems and personal touches. Circulated around warm colors, it felt inviting to admire it. The wooden furniture was made of walnut material, the curtains along the windows and bed were a grey-blue with soft yellow, nearly golden, lacing and trim. A desk was positioned further into the room with an end table beside the bed, and a large wardrobe to complete the room. Probably the only thing the room needed was a vibrant color. Other than that, he hadn't heeded too much of the room yet to really say. "Ah, that was marvelous," he commented on his sleep as he lumbered up and around for a moment. The fire in the fireplace crackled and danced on the logs placed in the fire. The scent of smoke nipped at his nose while Xavier reached around the nightstand, plucked a candle placed on the end table by its base, and walked over to the glow of light. He bent down slightly to submerge the wick in the heat. And when it lit, he set the candle on the desk and faced the wardrobe with his hands at his hips to decide his next course of action. He needed an attire that suited his mood. So, what would work? He tapped his forefinger rhythmically as her pondered. As Xavier probed the closet for the next outfit he could garnish himself with, his mind was more or less awake, and he could function a little better. He mumbled to himself about each one as he shuffled through them. "Indigo, cider, mulberry, no-no-no. Ah, I'm not feeling these shoulders or the extra embroidery. No, that will not do. Sapphire?" He pulled out a dark blazer jacket with vivid blue trim and golden designs, but seemed bemused at an instant and set it back. "Not for this time of day or occasion, Xavier. You know better than to adorn yourself with THAT." He had to click his tongue at himself. That outfit, under the wrong circumstances would tell everyone that he was trying hard to look good. That was not the kind of presentation he wanted. The man shook his head. Despite how picky he was with his sense of style, it never took him long to decide on what he would wear at least. He moved more clothes around, but his eye was set on just one. "Yes, the Merlot. The Merlot would be perfect," the man mused as he pulled it out with a satisfied look plastered on his curled lips. He swung on a swallow-tailed coat with a soft purple-red coloration and buttoned up a darker vest below it. Intricate soft white lines streaked out along the seams around the chest, sleeves, and bottom of the coat. It sparkled, though not much, at the touch of sunlight. Xavier brushed off the sleeves, noting that it had been a while since he had used it. By this time, an orange glow cascaded into his bedroom from the large window at the other side of the bed as the sun began to rise. Stars that once dusted the sky now faded. He could see out across the side of the Estate now, and the endless landscape of forest below, stretching as far as the eye could see. As time trickled by, the sun rolled up and highlighted the landscape. Birds twittered and sung a welcome greeting while Xavier leaned against the edge of his bed side. Slipping on long black boots, black pants, and securing a belt around his waist, he felt confident enough with what he was wearing for the day to move onto other matters. Of course, he ran his finger over his mustache once more to make sure it would cooperate. Some days, the mustache would not. Oh how he always dreaded those days. Today though, that did not seem to be the case. 'Excellent,' Xavier thought and smiled. He turned his attention onto his weapons, adorning himself with a small blade and a simple sword for those 'surprise occasions.'  One might never know when a weapon would come in handy. He shifted his gaze elsewhere for the time being, and was alerted to dine with his superior at a chime of a bell. With that, he made his way to the dining hall. The beautiful aura of natural lights guided him down to the floor, where he met Lady Abi'Laark and the meal that was prepared for them. Its delicious aroma pleased his hungering stomach. It was certainly a full meal fit for nobles. Xavier was graciously led to his seat, to which he thanked the servants, and situated himself across from the hostess. "This is remarkable hospitality shown on your part, Lady Abi'Laark. I trust you slept as well as I did?" Xavier chuckled softly. He respectfully held off on retrieving food until she had done so first.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Quote :
Trinity pondered on what to get and eat first, whether that be the boar sausage or the roasted Elbinen salmon imported from the outer edges of the Isles. Though the forests teemed with plenty of wildlife, it was a tradition and habit of the Abi’Laarks to have one meal a day consisting of fish, especially salmon, a common feast for bears - a tribute to the symbol of Maintebeau. Today the chef decided it would be breakfast to honor the great beast of the forest. Reaching over, she used the serving spatula to cut and place a slice of the fish onto her plate. It smelled absolutely divine, prepared with lemon and spices to bring out the softness of the fillet. Preparing to take a bite, she was alerted to the announcement by her guard of the arrival of her divine guest, Sir Xavier. Hazel eyes lifting, she gave the man a welcoming smile as he sat himself across from her and complimented the hospitality he had received. “No need to thank me, thank my staff for all the things they do to make sure my guests are well taken care of. They work very hard to ensure that things run smoothly here. However, I did sleep soundly, yes. You look like your normal self, if yesterday was anything like your normal behavior that is, so I can assume you found a good rest as well?” She continued to smile as she gestured to the food placed before them before taking a bite of her salmon. It was indeed amazing, as all the food served here was. She was not surprised by the talents of her chef, who had been cooking for her since she was a small child. “If you need something specific requested, please feel free to address any of my staff and they will be able to situate you with a pleasant meal. This is a traditional ensemble for my manor, but we are more than happy to accommodate any requests.” Her nimble fingers gestured over the array. Though there was not much of each, there was enough variety to look like a feast. Bowls of roasted chestnuts and dried fruits were arranged in an inner oval, the meat entrees of salmon, sausage, and ham on either side as well as a stack of toast and warm butter on one end and scrambled plus fried eggs on the other. Enough for two people to get their fill and then some. “Don’t be afraid of eating too much or too little. Nothing is wasted in my manor, I assure you. But I think you will find our way of cooking will please your taste buds.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)   Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Isles (1x1 Sub-Pumpkin)
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next