Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Quote :
Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 0cd732dee52927a2dac95b7892a0c2b4
═════════════════
Territί Mist Dragon | Bi | Mate: X | Significant Other: X|
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Excitement naturally fading, Yuae walked alongside Cazram, gazing down at the things she had bought which were nestled in her claws. "Yeah I'll come along - and oh these are for braiding. I saw them in the market when I first arrived. I was too scared to buy them then but I finally feel good enough to get it for myself." Yuae felt pleased with herself, knowing the struggle it was to try and fit into the human world back then...she felt almost right at home now, despite not wearing any shoes. "How are your...kiddos?" She asked him, carefully pronouncing the word and looking to Cazram, claws clicking against the Sanctuary floor.

Quote :
Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 A6ade55d72c3216458ae9694131f98a8
═════════════════
Beta Male | Crush: X | Mate: X | Young: X|
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
Xolron looked down at her expectantly. "Dragonesses." He then perked up his brows and explained with a gruff huff, "why is it they are so very delicate here, like fia when they should be vehia. Leaves when they should be the roots and base. Strong. Noble. Yet they are dainty here like humans." Xolron let a jet of air puff through his nose as he looked at Vyrralynn, seeing how she no doubt had the answers he sought for. She was female after all and she knew this land more than he did, so perhaps there was some information she could tell him to point him in the right direction. "It is not something I understand." Xolron asked, "Dark's mate is not delicate but she is his. You are not delicate but you are not vehia so where can I find one that is. Or are there none."
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 9gp9gxU
Quote :
Male - Straight - 25 - Smoke Ridgeback
Mate ~ X || Tags ~ Yuae || Location ~ Sanctuary
Quote :
Cazram listened enthusiastically about her purchases, and gave the items a better lookover as best he could with how they were gripped in her claws. “Well I’m glad to hear it! The markets always have such unique items, I like to go there from time to time. That’s actually where I got Marley! He was at an exotic trader at one and was the tiniest little tortoise you’ve ever seen. He was the size of my human hand! So next time you go, or if you need some confidence getting some new things, I’m always here! Do you have any specific plans for those, or will you just have them in your stock?” His smile turned to a grin as she asked about the kids, his wings pushing out slightly from his body in excitement. “Oh, they’re wonderful as always! A little upset that playtime was cut off early, of course, but they all behaved well enough today. We did some painting on Marley, and some wrestling matches, and I told a fable while they had their snacks! The bigger kids got to apprentice with one of the other dragons, so today was just the little ones.” Lifting his head proudly as he told of his day, his eyes were shining with delight about the time he had spent with the hatchlings. “We also have a brand new egg joining us soon! I was informed by one of the hatchling’s parents that they were expecting one soon to join the nursery that I’ll get to hang onto while they go hunting. I’m so excited to see what they’ll turn out like!” He cleared his throat after, realizing he had been talking for a while and they were coming up on his den entrance. “But, y’know, just a fun day as usual,” he finished, his grin fading back to a thin-lipped smile. “Now, what did I need at my den, may I ask?”

Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 HGQ5b2g
Quote :
※ - Female - Bi - 33 1/2 - Rainforest Asaerian Feather - ※
Significant Other ~TBA || Tags ~ Xol || Location ~ Sanctuary, Her Den
Quote :
Vyrralynn was shocked by the first word Xolron spoke, and her mouth fell open as he continued. She knew she had to take every word he said with a grain of salt, but even so…where was he going with this? Was he just insulting her further, letting her know just how useless she had become? Her feathers puffed as she slowly glared at him, unsure of where this explanation was going. But he soon drifted easily into the real reason he was asking - he wanted a mate. Someone like Rajani, someone tough like him that he could get along with. She blinked in utter surprise, wide brown eyes studying him. This was…by far the most interesting conversation she had ever had with the male, and probably the most interesting she would ever have with him. She had to think for a moment before coming up with a decent response. “I-I mean, well, um…I know there are plenty of females out there like Rajani,” she began carefully. “I’m surprised you’d ask me, considering Dark is the one who found her - he’d likely know where to find dragonesses like her.” She thought a bit more, looking around her room, even thinking on her past lovers. None of them really fit the bill, not like what he wanted. Vyrra didn’t tend to be attracted to anyone like him, so obviously any of her interests would not be his as well. That made it a bit harder to think of a match. “Have you tried looking anywhere? Talking to the women around here? Maybe if you are in the mood to court, you could start by taking time off work and looking around the Sanctuary, observing different females and interacting with them. I know that’s not really your forte, but I know there surely has to be some dragonesses out there that suit you well.” She chewed on her lip, wishing she could give a more clear answer, one that he wished for. If she could throw out names and have him sort between them, that would be lovely, but alas… “If you want, I could try to scope out and talk to some for you, see if there’s any like vehia that you like. I’m not doing a whole lot anyways, so socializing could be my favor for you in return for your generosity and kindness of helping me with my side of work.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 6:22 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
A smile brushed Yuae's maw as he offered to go with her to the market if she needed the support, and that was kind of him. She tilted her head to think about his question and answered as she found the right words to reply to him. "I don't know...uh, a bit of both I think. I might use them on my hair and keep the rest in case Xolron wants a few or maybe someone else. I never really know, it's nice to see the Sanctuary embracing a few human things though, humans have some nice things to offer, like your turtle." She giggled, looking to him with a curious twinkle in her eye as Cazram talked about the things he did with the hatchlings he watched. It sounded like he was good with kids, and she liked that about him too. "I used to tell the dragon who watched the eggs back at my old clan that she was their Aunt. An adoptive Aunt you know. I guess you're the Uncle of the ones here. They'll remember you, you know. Most of them will." Yuae looked at his den, the quills on her tail clicking together as she waved her tail eagerly. She glanced back at Cazram. "Oh! Um...no, you don't need anything, it was just something I found," she explained quietly, pacing by his side as he entered his den. She looked at the flowers she had bunched by his gold mount. They had soft red petals and a bristly stem and leaves, she remembered picking them from the highlands when she was exploring out past the Sanctuary's borders. "The leaves reminded me of your scratchy beard," she said with a sweet tease. "The soft red petal though, that fits your and your kindness I think. It had your aura up on the mountains. I didn't see a single flower up there but this little bunch, and I thought you know, maybe that could be Cazram."

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
When she asked him to see if Dark had any suggestions, Xolron nodded his head, bunching his brows, not having thought about asking him yet. That did not seem like a terrible suggestion. "You are right. Perhaps I should ask him after we are done here," he said, mulling himself over that idea. But when Vyrrlynn asked if he had looked around the Sanctuary, a deep guttural huff rolled from the dragon and he lifted his head high. "They are not vehia. They do not stand their own, they suckle to the Sanctuary. No, they are not here...and if they were, then they are silent." He explained, having made up his mind on the matter with the shake of his head. "Perhaps we should explore outside of this place," Xolron said, "The air here is stale...and I have not seen you court anyone either, not in years. It may be good for us both to escape this place for a few days."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 7:52 pm

Quote :
Mate ~ X || Tags ~ Yuae || Location ~ Sanctuary, His Den
Quote :
Cazram was curious by her answer, taking another peek at the items she held and trying to envision them in Xolron’s or her own hair. They would look pretty regardless, and would be excellent braiding material. He didn’t mention the prior comment though, and smiled at her. “Could you save one or two for me? My hair grows kinda slow, but I’ve been trying to keep it longer so you can add some braids to it eventually.” He laughed cheekily, face warming at the question before they wandered into the den together. She mentioned how the clan nursery lead was the Aunt, and how he was the Uncle, and he grinned at the thought. “Uncle Caz! I like that idea. I haven’t been able to nail down a good name for them to call me, but I think that’s rather fitting, thank you. I’ll implement it tomorrow and see if it sticks! Uncle Cazram…” He pondered on it for a moment, sitting down and watching her pace around his den before going over to his small gold pile. His heart skipped in fear, knowing what was under that pile, but her presence next to it brought attention to the flowers laid delicately atop it. His green eyes widened and he shifted to his human form, walking over and picking one up, wincing at their bristling stem but soon getting a good hold of them, laughing loudly at her comment about his beard. “You think it’s that bristly? I need some soft cream for it or something,” he teased back, winking up at her before he looked at the flower more closely. Her explanation kept his face warm, heart pounding in his ears. “This is…well, hah, this is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me, Yuae. Thank you for getting these for me.” He picked up the bunch and smiled brightly at her, holding them close to his chest. “I’ll treasure them as long as they survive here. Maybe I’ll get some seeds from them if possible, or find a way to grow some in my den. Oh, maybe I can grow some near my castle sunbathing spot!” His eyes brightened at the thought, wanting to rush off and do it right away. But he could do that at a later date, he had company over. “I am one in a bunch, so I’m not surprised there weren’t many in the mountains,” he teased. “Thank you again, though. These are truly wonderful.”

Quote :
Quote :
Vyrra wasn’t too surprised by Xolron’s response, a smile coming to face at his laugh. No, not many were to his taste, and if he had been around as long as he had and still hadn’t found a suitable woman, he likely never would within the caverns they resided in. His suggestion was, however, surprising, especially to hear him mention her own lack of courtship. Had he truly noticed such a thing? She swallowed, but nodded after mulling over the prospect. “I think that would be nice, yes,” she agreed. “Some sunshine would do wonderfully for my wings anyways. Was there anywhere in specific you wished to travel to, somewhere to explore? And would Dark truly allow us to be absent for days on end? I can’t imagine the work is easy to keep up with when both his betas are gone…I can’t remember the last time we were both out of the Sanctuary. To search for courtship too, I can’t imagine that as a good enough reason to completely abandon our posts unfortunately.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Setting her eyes on the sandstone floor as they passed under her claws, Yuae looked up with a soft smile on his face when Cazram asked her to save the braid pieces for him. Her pupils spread out like a cat eyeing a rolling boll of yarn as she pictured running her fingers through his hair, twisting the little braids together. She liked the more wiry, tough hair and from what she glimpsed of him before, she was keen to feel it for herself. "Ooo, that would be fun, I don't think I've braided your hair yet," she said, looking at him and dropping the subject when he talked about liking the title 'Uncle Cazram.' Her soft laugh was a crisp autumn morning, the sound of worn leaves lightly crunching under one's feet, and the trickle of a stream. There was a gentleness about her laughs and smiles, one that never asked for attention, and one that never cared to be fake to pretend to be something other than she was. It was genuine, as she was. Yuae watched him as he passed her, kneeling down in his human form to look over the flower she gave him. Her smile began shining through at his thanks and the way he really took the gesture to heart. She didn't mean or it to be that personal, it was a little gesture she did, but...he really did like it. Her cheeks warmed, spreading over her face as she looked away to glance over the Sanctuary and then look back at Cazram with a laugh. "I'm glad you like them...and I like that idea about planting them, but I don't know if they allow us to plant flowers in the Sanctuary. I guess I never asked. I don't see why they wouldn't though...might make it look more, colorful." Yuae stepped in, shaping down to her human form, her bare feet tapping against the cave floor as she wandered around, cupping her braid trinkets in her hands. "Hmm, I don't think I really looked around when I came in," she said, voice just above the breeze passing in. Then her brows popped up and she gazed around. "And where is Marley?"

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
With something as important as this, Xolron sent Vyrra a guttural huff, picking his head up when he replied back. "I have seen the North and the East so anywhere else would be preferable, I think. We could ask Dark at that time but even he should appreciate the intensity of this matter. It is not courtship, it is bringing in more to the Sanctuary. It is...well, you are right but it amounts to more overall." Xolron chuckled, his laugh rolling like thunder over a mountain range, catching on Vyrra's look when she mulled over things as she did. "Where would you like to go? What do you like to do once you have more time," he asked, settling down in her den. "If we had more time. If the war was over and everything changed...what would you do?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram gave Yuae a curious look at her answer, pondering it himself. Why wouldn’t Dark allow flowers in the Sanctuary? They provided nothing but color and brightness, and if they were not poisonous to any creatures that resided within, surely they would be okay to plant if there was room? “I will have to ask Dark or one of the betas when I get a chance with them. I can’t imagine flowers would be prohibited, but then again, I don’t see too many around here. Maybe you and I can change that?” He gave her a gentle smile, watching her peruse through his room with trinkets in hand before she mentioned his tortoise. “Oh, Marley! He was with us in the nursery today, so he’s probably still wandering around in there. But I can go grab him if you’d like!” Looking around his room, he tried to find a good place to rest his flowers and did not see anything sufficient enough. Perhaps he’d need to go to the market himself to get a vase or container for them. He set them down gently back onto the gold pile before he jogged to the end of his room, containing a hand-built tunnel to the nursery that was currently blocked by a large boulder to prevent little ones from sneaking through. Shifting temporarily, he rolled the stone out of the way with his horns and, sure enough, Marley was munching on some leftover lettuce in the nursery, all content and alone. He raised his head as he saw Cazram, munching away but keeping his attention on his owner. “Come on bud, someone wants to see you!” He picked the tortoise up swiftly with an arm, and Marley had not a care in the world as they walked back to Cazram’s den. Once arriving, the male set down the tortoise before shifting back to human form, extending his hands out to display Marley. “Here he is! Happy to have some lettuce, obviously. He got some snacks from the kids and was cleaning up.” He patted Marley’s head, and the tortoise was seemingly content, eyes now on Yuae as he swallowed his lettuce and clacked his jaw.

Quote :
Quote :
Vyrra raised a brow at his response, not entirely believing that Dark would take the guise of ‘bringing dragons to the Sanctuary’ over a courtship matter, even if she didn’t think he would accept that in the first place. The male found Rajani on his own, no journey or quest required. But for Xolron, this seemed important enough that maybe it was worth asking. “Bringing more in eventually, yes, but not for another year or so,” she mused, “depending on what was to occur. We will have to see what he says though, if you or I ask him. I still think it will take time before we can go anywhere together, you and I.” She watched as the significantly larger male settled in her den, practically taking up the entire open space and not minding a bit. She didn’t have to adjust, but with the layout of her den, it did make things seem smaller, and pushing towards that want for freedom and sun on her feathers. Xolron brought up an interesting question though, one she hadn’t liked to ponder on for very long. There were many things she wished for, but very few she knew she could achieve and work for. She averted her gaze, wings drooping slightly to the floor. “Well…after the war, when things are peaceful again as they should be, I suppose having a mate wouldn’t be the worst wish to ask for,” she murmured, bringing a claw up to brush against the key laying on her chest, “to have a family of my own. It’s hard to be away from mine, and have nobody for myself anymore. I can’t have my own family tree like my sister and brother, nor do I have anyone I’m pursuing or interested in anymore. I love the Sanctuary, and love what I do for it, but it can be a lonely position, to watch many others evolve and grow while I stay on the sidelines to support it all. If the war helps to fix things, I’d like to fix that piece that’s been broken for…too many years at this point.” Curling her tail around her body, trying to console herself, she finally looked back to the male with solemn brown eyes. “What would you like to do, Xolron? What would you see, what would you do?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 6:32 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Making her mark on the Sanctuary was never something Yuae particularly wanted, but making her mark through flowers was something she could get behind. It added color, a certain sprinkle of hope she felt everyone needed. Turned her head, white strands of hair drifting by her face as she waited patiently for Cazram to find his pet, feeling frozen in place in a den that was not her own. She felt even breathing was forbidden, carefully checking how much she moved and took up space when he had turned his back. She sprung out of her thoughts when he whisked back into the picture, holding the tortoise by the shell and setting him down to be displayed. A smile jumped to her face and Yuae slowly knelt down and tilted her head as she watched him munching away at his snack. "Well, hello, Marley," Yuae said, feeling bashful at exchanging pleasantries with an animal. Giggling below her breath she lifted back into a stand. "He's a handsome turtle."

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
Jutting his chin out, it was his way of approving her suggestion to travel, subduing the flashes of his homeland when she mentioned her own. Sprouting images came, from the ice shell covering the land, to the coarse vegetation crawling up from between the cracks, and the fog that descended with the sun. He could feel her remorse in his own way, and silently listened with a reverent look in his eye as he admired her desire to take action and change things. It was not what most dragons here said. Their shallow thoughts reflected only of themselves, but it was respectable to hear something new from his Beta. She was chosen well. "It would be a practical thing for us to be together," Xolron chuckled. "But our lives are not practical, and it is most unfortunate. We both share this lonely task, together, so it is something I understand. Not many pay Betas heed, and not many earn it either." Stretching his wings to tuck them more comfortably by his sides, Xolron puffed air from his nostrils, observing the look in Vyrra's eyes. They were solemn, reflecting her answer as she asked him for his. "I would...find someone and nurture a clan of my own. Carry out the traditions of my land, keep it strong, keep my family strong. That was my original plan before I came to the Sanctuary and found such a life wasn't possible, not until dragons are given their freedom." He told matter-of-factly. "I am, honored to work with you. Not many gain that, but you have proven yourself."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram beamed to see the two get along, or at least for Marley to be content in her presence. The tortoise was used to children, but adults he tended to shy away from. Perhaps having eaten made him more sociable. “Isn’t he? He will only get more handsome as he ages.” Stroking his hand over the male’s shell, he gestured to the paint along his shell, wild and colorful. “The hatchlings are always happy to paint him. Once a week I give him a good scrub bath to wash it off, so they have a fresh canvas to work on. Once he’s bigger, it’ll be easier to give them more space, but he’s still young. He’s a wonderful seat though,” he teased. “Do you have any companion animals where you’re from, or any unique wildlife you interact with?”

Quote :
Quote :
As Vyrra listened to the male, she didn’t completely understand his words, but used context to piece together his points and get a better view of what he was trying to convey. “I agree that it would be best if both of us could go. I just worry about the work we leave behind, like I said. Dark deserves to have the least amount on his back as possible, as not only does he have his regular duties but a family to tend to. Perhaps he has something set in case of both of us being out, though. I’m sure he has something planned for such a thing.” As the larger male continued, she noted the very tiny bit of softness, fondness, that came from his spoken desires. Xolron was never an emotional being, but she could tell that his goal did mean quite a bit to him, one he now wished to truly delve into considering his private conversation with her. It was very flattering to have him trust her so much, and when he went on to say he was honored to work with her, she had to bite her lip to prevent from getting overwhelmed. He truly meant it? He wouldn’t have said it otherwise, but even so, it was hard to believe he would say such words. “I…thank you, Xolron,” she said softly. “I would argue, but I don’t feel it would take me very far.” Mulling over his prior words, she wondered why he was looking for a mate if he could not make the clan he desired. “If dragons are not freed, may I ask why you are now looking for a mate? I know you can’t make the clan you wanted beyond the Sanctuary, but are you just, wishing to begin it now? So you have a strong family to carry on when we are freed from all of this?”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 9:09 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Cheeks turning a warm red at the mentioning of the turtle getting more handsome as he aged, she thought about how cute that sentiment was, how he could look at this animal and say that. It made her feel happy to be around him. She personally didn't know how to interact with Marley, but she gently stroked the top of his vibrant shell, enjoying the ridges and ripples which reminded her of dragon horns. "He is a charming seat for sure," Yuae said, nodding her head before she looked to Cazram when he asked her about having animals where she was from. "Oh, well, no I never really encountered any...animals that were close to people or dragons where I lived. We had highland deer though, vary wary creatures. We usually ate them, little whales, and fish, so I never got too close when they were alive, but I respected them. They're beautiful creatures." Yuae smiled, scratching Marley on the head, gentle enough to barely feel his skin. "I wish they had something like this when I was little, but I guess it's one of the nice things we get when we're human...we learn about having animals like this. I like it. Can we get any animal we want as a companion?"

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
Xolron pushed air from his nose. "it would not take you very far no, I have thought about this for a long time, but you are welcome." A fleeting smile came over his lips and left just as quickly. He rolled his talons on the cave floor, and took in Vyrra's question, the answer coming with a matter-of-fact tone as the others had. "Yes." He felt she understood his thought process, which felt odd, refreshing...setting down a strong, connected family was important, even if he couldn't establish his own clan yet. "Nothing is more important than a strong family. Family is where everything begins, and where it ends. It is bound by blood, and by choice, and that is a powerful thing." Xolron said. "Do you wish to carry out a family like the one you were born into? If you had a mate, what would you do?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 11:36 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram beamed as he watched her step up to Marley, stroking her fingers along the ridges and waves of his magnificent shell. It felt so nice to have someone here that appreciated the creature as much as he did, considering that the tortoise was a great companion and one of his best friends if he was being honest. Not many saw him as one, or just saw him as difficult prey. He was curious to hear of her local wildlife however, the varieties of animals she saw and experienced as well as their lack of companion animals - though being human did make sense to be altered from dragon experiences. “I can only imagine they were. I wish we could have transported some to somewhere nearby, to keep them with us. Perhaps a few escaped, and they’re out there building their numbers. I have faith we will see them again one day.” He then laughed a bit, leaning against the tortoise as she scratched his head, Marley leaning slightly into her hand. “Many animals are too testy, unfortunately. Humans have domestic dogs and cats, or sometimes even birds, but that’s about the extent beyond livestock. You don’t see animals like Marley unless it’s from someone specific, and even then they’re a rarity. I paid a pretty coin for him, but he was all the way worth it as you can tell. If you could have any creature as a pet, would you have had one of those whales, perhaps? Or something else that intrigues you?”

Quote :
Quote :
Vyrra felt very privileged to get to see the dragon before her smile, even if it was only slight and temporary. It was a comfort to see that he was happy in some sense of the word. As she listened, she nodded along with his words, agreeing to the sentiment. “I completely agree,” she murmured, the key on her neck suddenly feeling cold. She swallowed, a knot forming in her throat at his next question, one she was not expecting. She averted her gaze from him, mulling over it. “Well, I…” She sighed, shaking her head. “I worry about having another mate. I made such poor choices and insulted my family because of them, and was only a burden. Even after all these years later, I worry that if I take another mate, I will regret it again, and never have a family I can call my own.” Her tail curled tightly to her side, and she looked at the ground. “I’m not sure if you know of our family tradition, Xolron. My family lives in the rainforest, and every family has a tree they call their own. They have dens and rooms carved within, and branches that create walkways between all of them, to make neighborhoods and connect family members down to the roots of the fertile ground. New couples or even just single dragons who wish to find a mate and settle will renovate an old tree, or find a new one, and settle within it to make their own. Being here…I never got to have one.” She went quiet for a moment, some vague memories flashing by her mind of Raelynn, the one she would have shared a tree with years ago. “Nor will it be something I get to do. My family is so well knit and so connected to the environment, to the community. My parents and my siblings thrive and find fulfillment there. Family is…it’s the most important thing to all of us. If I didn’t have them…perhaps I would have stayed with Soren. Maybe Raelynn would still be alive. I don’t know what those changes would have done for the here and now, but I know that having my own family here would be such a blessing to have again.” She placed a claw on the key again, pressing it against her neck. “I miss Raelynn. But I miss the fulfillment she brought me even more. So to answer your question, Xolron, albeit a longer answer than I anticipated, I would nest with my mate, and have my own family to cherish here among the dragons of the Sanctuary. Watch them grow and maybe migrate back to the rainforest, if I don’t end up back there one day myself. See them thrive in their own way, make their own trees and connect back to the roots, literally and spiritually, to what our family is and always has been.” Taking a breath, she looked back to his eyes, able to face him once she felt the burden relieve somewhat from her chest. “But fear…fear has held me back for many years. I do not wish to suffer again like I did then. If I find a mate, and settle with them, then I will know I am content, and that I am finally fulfilled in that purpose to continue the line that’s been waiting for me.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Covering her mouth as she smiled, she shook her head at his optimistic outlook but she didn't want to dull his enthusiasm so she tip-toed around it gently. "Maybe! I'm not sure they would like it here until it got cold, but I imagine they would like the plants they could eat," Yuae said, giggling a little before she lowered her hands back in front of her. She was interested by his answer on humans, seeing how little she knew aside from what she had seen while she was in town, and Cazram seemed to know more than she did. Curiously thinking about humans domesticating their animals, Yuae turned, ambling around his den, bare feet tapping on the floor when she heard his question. "I...don't think I would have one," she said. She looked over his things, making sure not to touch anything or get too close. "I could never imagine having an animal companion, but maybe if it was a dream and wasn't real...hm, then it would be nice to have a whale, like the ones back home, but I maybe one that could fly instead of swim." She looked up, fading into a fantasy, her voice just above a whisper, "it could take me into the clouds at night...singing me songs of the sea while I gaze at the stars and imagine them dancing..." She felt a flutter in her chest by how wonderful that would be and her wide eyes twinkled before she pulled her gaze at Cazram, her wide-eye gaze turning sad suddenly. "It probably sounds childish, doesn't it," she laughed weakly, eyes dropping down low, hearing her parents and relatives voices echoing it. She pushed some white hair behind her ears. "Maybe just a whale then," she murmured sadly.

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
Xolron could see a tangle forming in Vyrra. She struggled to say what she wanted to and for a moment he didn't know why. He wondered if she just didn't know what she would do, but that confusion unfolded when he realized she was thinking about her child, her previous mate, and her family. Xolron wasn't as present during that time, he only heard and saw the fight from the side-lines and picked up the little she and their Alpha had told him after Raelynn had died. Xolron lowered his head reverently. He listened to her explain about her family tree and the dynamic she told him. He couldn't help but be reminded of the last carving he received before he left his clan, the pride swelling in his chest as he was given his mark of honor, only to loose it and his clan, just as Vyrra had. But loosing a child and a mate along with that was more painful than he could comprehend. She was alone, far from home, and far from family. He took in her every word, and the summary she handed him at the end, bellowing air from his nose with teary eyes after a moment of silence allowed him to speak. "There is a word my land carries, Kaar'mek," he explained, his deep voice rolling over the silence like the tide. Speaking the word felt like a wound on his tongue. "No word is as heavy, as painful as that. It is what we feel when we are separated from our clans--a pain equal to being left to die a slow and painful death. I feel that fear could be that." Xolron looked over his wing at the Sanctuary members as they ambled in and out of their dens in the distance, swallowing his thoughts. He continued, quietly, "Kaar'mek has claimed many lives...lost souls who cannot bear the pain, but those that overcome it are blessed and made strong. As are the families they are promised." Then he turned  back to Vyrra with hope for her. "Your pain will not be forgotten. Give it time. You will be given the family you were promised, and much more."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 9:59 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram grinned to hear her answer, agreeing with her for the most part. It would make sense that they wouldn’t like the heat - the ocean was quite cold after all. She began to pace around his den, careful about her steps, and he opened his mouth to tell her she didn’t have to be so particular until she began to speak, and he closed it to listen instead, sitting down on Marley’s shell and watching her play out her fantasy. A flying whale…it would be a beautiful sight, especially with its call ringing out among the clouds. The vision of the whales in the sky, swimming through those fluffy clouds while she gazed at the stars, was a beautiful one, one he could feel resonating within her. A sense of freedom, of peace, nestled in it. It gave him his own vision, one of taking her up to those nighttime skies and singing her those songs, carrying her across the sea of stars to let her mind wander. When she suddenly apologized, her voice becoming solemn, his eyes widened as he blinked out of his thoughts and he slid off Marley to approach her, touching her arm gently. “Hey, no, not at all,” he consoled, searching her gaze. “Why would that be childish? That sounds like a wonderful dream. I wish I could make it come true for you.” He smiled down at her, dropping his hand to rest at his side. “Even without a flying whale, we can still fly up to those stars, you know. I have a place I go to when I’m feeling overwhelmed, and it gets a wonderful view of the stars when there’s no clouds. Maybe I’ll have to take you there when it's a nice night outside and we can take off from it once it's dark enough.”

Quote :
Quote :
Vyrra had to keep herself composed, not wanting to allow herself to crumble to pieces again like earlier that day. Having that be revealed to Xolron, despite all he had spoken of her, would be too humiliating, too much for him to bear atop the past she had just revealed to him. Her body was curled close to herself now, a cocoon of sorts to warm herself and feel comforted. But his words next astounded her, him sharing the deepest word of his language and its meaning. A word she could resonate with deep within, that settled in her core and lingered there. Kaar’mek…that was what she felt. She was separated from the ones she loved most dear, and though she had plenty of people here to support her and be with, they were not her family, and did not hold her deep love. Her head bowed down to take in the information, wings ruffling as she let his continuation roll down her back, breaking down the wall she had built to keep herself from feeling the pain and pressures of everything surrounding the Sanctuary. How long had Xolron been keeping this side of himself within, away from the rest of the dragons he looked after? Did Dark see this side of him often? She almost felt honored to see it, to be in his presence at this time. It was still hard to take what he said for granted, but even so, her heart felt somewhat eased, as though a small seed of hope was planted there and was waiting for it's time to bloom. “Thank you, Xolron,” she murmured to him with a small smile. “I’m really hoping that it’s true.” She would love to have a mate, another hatchling, perhaps multiple if that’s what life wanted to give her in the future. But how long would the grieving be until she found it again? Letting out a long breath to ease her tense self, she gazed at Xolron, unsure of how to respond further to his sentiment. “If you feel it is a good idea though, to go out and find a mate or at least a future beyond here…I suppose using that trip to fight against Kaar’mek would do me good.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 10:30 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Her low eyes raised up to Cazram's face when he approached her, touching her arm, saying something she didn't expect him to say. He...didn't think it was childish, and what she shared wasn't something she would outgrow and brush aside later in life. That's what she was told before and she didn't know what to do with his reply, it came as a shock. Thankfully, he turned the subject aside before she needed to say anything. Her soft lips parted just so as he talked about flying up into the sky, or going to a place he enjoyed when it got dark or when he got overwhelmed. The sad glaze in her eye went away. She furrowed her brow but she said what she was thinking, "you would take me there? Really?" It sounded like a special place and she smiled. "Yes, maybe we can." She looked into his eyes, picking out the flecks of yellow in the green, like budding flowers in a field in spring, and just as pretty. "Maybe we can tonight? Or tomorrow?" She suggested with a smile, one that was brighter than she had done in a while. "I...have things to do right now, but I would like to do something like that," she said, feeling herself relax a little.

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
He searched her gaze with her answer and dipped his head to her thanks, but when she talked about going out to find a mate to overcome Kaar'mek, he shook his head. "No, you won't need to look," he said. He pulled himself up to a stand, claws digging into the ground as he balanced his weight. He continued, "if you are overcoming Kaar'mek, it will find you." He gave a deep chuckle and pulled his head up, his broad horns stifling some of the light bursting in behind him. "But, a break would be nice." With a puff of affirmation, he turned his head. "Maybe a hunt or a good wander in the woods."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 10:47 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram was relieved to see the sadness fade from her eyes, becoming the more gleeful and happy woman she usually was. It made him feel better to know he had helped ease her from the somberness that had temporarily overcome her. She even seemed excited to see his place, and it brought brightness to his soul, someone who actually wanted to see his peaceful space. “Of course I would. And if you like it enough, I’ll even let you use it whenever you like too, so you can have somewhere to go.” He grinned softly down at her, placing his hands into his pockets casually as he was suddenly giddy, his heart beating more tangibly to think of spending more time with her, outside the Sanctuary even. “How about later tonight? That way it gives you time to finish up what you need to, and I know I’ll be free to take you. We can leave everything behind and just enjoy ourselves.”

Quote :
Quote :
It was an interesting take, to say that the solution to Kaar’mek would find her. Was he so certain? What a question, of course he was. Perhaps he suffered through the same, and this was his attempt to ease it in his own soul. If he had a mate, he could fulfill a larger purpose and have a piece of his home back with him. His was less easy to travel to compared to her own. She bowed her head in a nod to agree, watching him stand back up to his full height. He used to be so intimidating to her when she first met him, a giant male that could rip anyone else in half, in multiple pieces if he so wished. But she had grown to respect him greatly, both as a Beta and a dragon in general, and she couldn’t have imagined a better dragon aside from Dark to share this moment with. “Do you mean now?” she said with slight amusement. “I just had a death scare, and I am lacking in my magic…I worry I may pass out on you and you’d have to bring me all the way back. I couldn’t do that to you.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 12:38 am

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
A flicker of surprise came over Yuae's eyes again at Cazram's first words. He said she could use this special place whenever she'd like; she really didn't know what to say to that either except, "thank you, I really am excited to see it. Nobody has really done that before..." She leaned up on her bare toes, holding her hands behind herself bashfully. "Oh, uh, yeah I like that." she said with a nod. "I'll come by here or...do you, um, want to meet me somewhere else?" She tilted her head just so, searching for his response.

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Vyrralynn.
Quote :
Xolron threw his head back, giving a belly laugh before immediately growing quiet again. "You could do that, I would not mind," he said, humor dancing in his dull, maroon eyes. "I have carried much heavier things. You might even enjoy it, but no, I can already feel duties calling to me. We will find time to get away when you are well enough." Shaking his wings, the dappled veins shown through the flecks of light as he turned from her den. "Let me know if any passing Sanctuary dragon pesters you. They are like parasites and they sense weakness...but I will snap at them if they do," he said to her with a firm nod. "Get your rest."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 am

Quote :
Quote :
Cazram could not wait to spend the evening with her, sharing in his special place alongside her as they took in the beautiful night. She would fit right in, being the same shade as those very stars, and be like his very own to dance and sing with. He continued to grin, his thought only prolonging it. "You can come by here, that way I'm not interrupting you in case you're still working. I wouldn't want to disrupt your focus. I'll be here with Marley whenever you're ready!" He beamed with delight, green eyes sparkling in the den lighting above them. "I'm sure it will be a wonderful time, Yuae. Thank you for allowing me to take you."

Quote :
Quote :
Vyrra was shocked to suddenly get laugh from the male, one that was filled with such joy that it filled every inch of her den interior. It warmed her heart to hear it, and it helped ease her into accepting that he wouldn't find her to be too hard on him if she did indeed faint while they were out together. "I appreciate it. I will let you know if anyone bothers me, though you may just hear my scolding from across the Sanctuary before I get the chance," she teased with a soft grin. Her body slowly began to relax, and she was ready to return to her plush abode and rest to get back to her full state once again. The pillows called her name and danced in her ears to beckon her back, and she had to answer them. "Thank you again, for all of this." Standing to her feet, albeit a tad shaky, she ruffled her feathers and gave him a nod of leave before she turned and made her way around the corner tunnel to her more seclusion abode, where she curled up on her pillows and settled in to rest once more, content to have burdens off her chest and a more clear mind after her discussion with Xolron. Perhaps this meant she could start being more open with him in the future - and have someone else she could depend upon.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 2:51 pm

T I M E S K I P
-Later That Evening-

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠.
Quote :
The sun had descended down to the horizon, the silhouette of the mountain range encompassing the Sanctuary contrasted against the blotted oranges and reds in the sky. Yuae was knelt on her knees in her den, weaving the metal coils she had gotten that day into her braids. The false diamonds in them twinkled as she nestled them in, silently enjoy that difference as she finished and looked them over in the pool of water in her den. She stood back up, her fingers brushing over the ridges in her white hair as they descended down to her upper-back with a smile. She then pocketed a few more in a worn satchel she slung over her shoulder for Cazram. "I think I'm ready..." she said below her breath, curiously looking around the drawings and stepping over the things on the ground. Her cheeks burned as she tried not to think about this evening and make it more than it was. They were just going to see a place and talk, and it wasn't like she didn't know him...she didn't exactly know what it was, but she was excited for it. "I guess I just feel nervous," she murmured, feeling butterflies flutter in her belly, reminding herself of that time she felt the same with Dark. There was nothing ever between them, even if she thought there might have been something, and she didn't want to make the same mistake and hype herself up with this and Cazram. It didn't put her off though, she was looking forward to it all day. "It'll be fun," she said with a calm giggle, standing just outside her den now. She peered around the corner, holding onto her satchel, bare feet feeling the texture of the sandy but firm Sanctuary ground.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Quote :
Mate ~ X || Tags ~ X || Location ~ Sanctuary
Quote :
Cazram was sure he had passed the mirror at least five times in that single evening, heart pounding as he prepared for whenever Yuae would enter his den and they would be off on their evening adventure together. He wasn’t sure why it made him so nervous, perhaps it was times before that had fallen short, but he wanted things to go well and wanted to make sure Yuae was treated as well as she should be. He wanted her to have a good time with him. Stepping in front of the mirror once more, he checked over himself - brown leather jacket, simple pants and shirt, and his tiny beard braids on either side were all in order and looking just fine. He even forgoed shoes for his own bare feet, so she wasn’t the only one for once. Everything would be okay. Sliding his satchel over his shoulder, containing some snacks in case they needed them, he walked over to Marley and leaned against his shell, the tortoise asleep for the night and curled up within his shell. He took deep breaths to keep himself stable, simply waiting for the young woman to appear at his den entrance.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 4:45 pm

Quote :
═════════════════
═════════════════
Tags ↠ Cazram.
Quote :
Chewing at her lower lip, Yuae tucked a strand of white hair behind her ear and stepped out toward Cazram's lair, passing other Sanctuary dragons nervously. The light of the sun setting dipped into the ravine, flashing across her pink colored eyes as she came to his lair. She paused for a moment, rocked on her feet, and popped her head in when she felt ready. "Cazram?" It didn't take long before her eyes found him in his den, looking at himself in the mirror. He dressed a little differently than he normal. Brown jacket, simple pants, though no shoes--she hadn't thought much of it though. She perked up. "Oh, you look very nice," she said, smiling, before she stepped further in to look around. "I...uh, didn't think I needed to change my clothes, do I?" She asked, looking down at her simple short, white dress that she had always worn. It was basic, a little worn, and she pulled at the end of it when she asked her question before she looked back at him and his outfit, curiosity dancing in her eyes. She found she really liked that color jacket with his beard, it was...well, it matched well.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 7:02 pm

Quote :
Mate ~ X || Tags ~ Yuae || Location ~ Sanctuary
Quote :
Cazram practically jumped when he heard Yuae’s voice - the woman was so quiet that he never knew when she popped up. But he turned to face her, grinning brightly to see her again. With the ravine light cast over her, she looked…well, as beautiful as he always thought she was, but it just added something extra special to her. She asked about her clothes, and his eyes widened a tad before he laughed and strolled over to her. “Oh no, not at all! You wear whatever makes you comfortable. I only changed because I had been with the kids and wanted to change to something more appropriate for our evening.” He braced a hand on his satchel strap and beamed down at her.
“You ready to head out? Or do you have anything to do before we leave? I’m bringing snacks in case you were worried about that.”
Not that she would have been, but he wanted to make certain their night went off without a hitch. If he could make it peaceful and enjoyable for her the whole way through, he would consider it quite an accomplishment, and a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Reign: Awakening :.   Dragon Reign: Awakening :. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Reign: Awakening :.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: PG13 Rps :: PG13 Thread-
Jump to: