Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Animals Within - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Ameya (Aunt Sophia's House)

Her gentle words broke the silence, entering into his ear as he listened to the blizzard outside the cottage. There was barely any emotion in his eye other than the pressure he was feeling in his chest. “Quite the storm, huh..." The snow relentlessly shook the walls and the roof after she said this. Her words came and went like her smile. There was barely a response in his face either, other than a sad look at the ground. Then his attention rested back on the window and he pursed his lips. Ameya's voice went even quieter as she explained that the only other time she had ever seen a blizzard like this was with her old village. Her face reflected the memories of her former life with Akin. It was enough to stir a shy smile from her lips and brighten her eyes. "He was so small all you could see were his ears sticking up above the mounds of snow.” He chuckled below his breath as he could picture it- a small fawn stuck in heaps of snow with large ears barely sticking out from the snow. Atticus never had the chance to see Akin when he was well and happy; it would have been great to see. If he was anything like Ameya, he would have been an amazing buck.
Ameya was a gentle spirit, always trying to see the silver lining. She brought so much to the village and she was always so kind. The apathetic doe filled the silence between them with optimism and a twinkle of hope, which somewhat reminded him of how he was. “Hard winters like this though, make for wonderful springs.” She said as she turned to him, obviously hinting at his current situation. Yet that only twisted the knot around his heart. He didn't see it the same way. Atticus only paused for a moment before he opened his mouth to add his thoughts. Yet he decided against it. He decided that he didn't want to break that sincere look in Ameya's face and her youthful hope. He didn't have the heart to. Instead, he swallowed back his words and forced himself to nod before pulling away and rephrase his thoughts. He used to think like her...he used to be so full of hope and so optimistic but recently, he hadn't been so sure there was anything at the end of the storm. After this storm, there would be another storm, and another one. It was an unyielding battle...and for what? There was a sad glimmer in his eye as he found himself changing the subject, "it would have been nice to see your village..." He murmured softly. "I would have loved to meet the people there. Was it anything like this place...?"
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

She couldn’t run...yes, Aunt Sophia was right. There was nowhere for her to go. If the last few years consisted of her running, it was no surprise that she ended up here without much to say for it. Perhaps for once in her life, she needed to settle and just stick herself somewhere to keep from trying to outrun all of her problems. If she was going to make it anywhere, she had to stay still. At least, for now. At the woman’s question, she managed a small smile with a nod. “I’ll take another bowl, yes. Thank you. And some water, if you can. I would get it myself, but...I don’t think you’d let me walk back and forth to get it.” She also would like to avoid whatever was beyond the door for now, and she wasn’t about to admit that to anyone, especially the woman with her. She could rest in this bubble of sorts with her cub, and recuperate for whatever she needed to do next. Likely find a place to live...how she would find the permission or ability was beyond her. She would need to say a thousand apologies before she even thought about the logistics behind it all.

Quote :

Khiana

Khiana smirked at the mention of the travels from the panther she communicated with. “No, I certainly don’t. I’ve done this long enough that I understand the ins and outs of all of it. If there ever is a problem, well, you can be rest assured it is dealt with quickly. If you do take on this wonderful reward of a herd, containing whatever your heart desires from me, I can assure that you will feel the same confidence of your capabilities caring and rearing your stock for generations.” If the bongo had any sense, she knew the overzealous tiger would be more than happy to hear that. She doubted a man like him, along with a feisty woman to boot, would leave prizes to rot. Especially when it came to their rather nifty collection of trophies. Observing her individuals, she was brought back to Persefoni’s attention speaking of her rather strange affinity with selling hoofstock. Giggling softly, she looked to the woman with amusement, a shine within her sharp eyes. “Oh, I don’t herd with these types. I find no treasure in spending time with anyone I keep under my care. I amuse myself with people like you, speaking with predators that have a passion for exotics. When you spend all your days around the unusual, you grow rather bored of it all. I get to see a wide variety of nobles and royals through my communications. That is far more exciting. Wouldn’t you agree?” She grinned. “If you’ve settled with a man like Lord Lythedh, who was dying to receive these for your manor, I’m sure he has much to offer you that you cannot get anywhere else.” Though she wasn’t interested in a man like he, she was sure that whatever he had was worth owning land and an estate of this quality. “The creatures I surround myself with in my court are those I’ve picked up here and there who are worthy of tagging along. Stock for sale...they’ve been raised in such a way that they could make you drool your life away. Why sell the intelligent, after all?”

Quote :

Seiff

The man watched her, gazing right back into those big eyes of hers to take up the challenge she presented. If he didn’t know better, he could have mistaken her for the devil’s steed. Though she didn’t put up enough of a fight to call herself such. Chuckling as she smoothly stated his name, he shifted as her ears flattened and began to fly from the mare, veering off in directions to see how much of a chase she could put up with. Surprisingly, she still had quite the stamina. He found himself swooping over her head multiple times, teasing her with his tiny talons as they touched the strands of her mane. He called out his signature call, enjoying every moment of the chase as he brought her around the fences, even seeing stablehands leap away or run for cover at each pass. The dirt sprayed on them made it even better.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 am

Quote :

Theodemar

Snow encased the window glass as the storm raged outside, Theodemar gazing at it with antsy limbs. If the weather wasn’t battering homes across the village, he was fairly certain that he would be prancing around them, taking care of the citizens and keeping them warm with gathered firewood or just occupying himself with things to do for everyone else. But instead, the doors were so blocked by the onslaught of snow and ice that he was stuck inside. Not his favorite place to be, especially as an elk who needed his exercise and an ex-guard that couldn’t stand to be in such a tight space for so long. Even at Lythedh’s Estate, he was able to stand in large areas and scope the visitors and other guards to keep himself occupied. Now, he sat on a comfortably worn couch, next to the young woman that dozed against his side with the softest breathing he could have ever imagined anyone having. He supposed that someone so little would indeed have the smallest of actions to accompany it. Shifting on the cushions, his arm that was draped around her moved to her back, and he scooped her gently into his arms and walked to her room.

He hated the feeling of intrusion, but she would be more comfortable with more warmth that he wasn’t sure she’d want him to provide. His side and a blanket weren’t exactly the best heaters against a blizzard. He laid her in her bed, working quickly to avoid staying in the bedroom for too long as he tucked her into the covers and let them cocoon her in warmth. She could rest while he found something to do with himself. The elk shift left the room and left the door open, ever her protector even in such weather as this. It was an obligation, a personal vow to ensure her safety. He shook his head however, sticking his hands in his pockets as he strode quietly around the small home. He needn’t think about such frivolous worries. She was perfectly alright. He paused at the window, hardly able to see anything but one spot of snow barreling down outside behind the ice enveloping most of the window.

Atticus’ snow leopard, as the title went, would love this weather if she wasn’t recovering from a situation he had yet to gain information from. She would be pouncing into dune after dune of the fluffy landscape, roaring her delight at the cold biting her fur and giving her the environment that she was born to thrive in. How long would it take for her to feel it again, to feel that freedom? From what he had gathered, she had glued herself near the village and never wandered far when she left suddenly the day after the initial “rescue” from Lythedh. She had hardly been healed when she left too. Did she bear any scars? A sigh escaped him and he brushed a sleeve against the windowpane, clearing up some of the fog and revealing the pile of snow that left everything in a bright white. Hopefully Atticus wouldn’t run himself into the ground by having her around on a more permanent basis. He needed something to keep him on his feet, and prevent him from completely losing his mind about his suppressed feelings for the leopard. Even Theo could see the tension held between them, words unsaid. Perhaps having to watch from the background for so many years had given him a look at the relations of everyone around him, to better position himself.

He looked behind him to the small kitchen, a thought coming to mind. Maybe being in the background had enabled him to keep from really pursuing what he wanted in life. He had never been allowed to ask or fight for what he deemed was his, but he was given the chance now. Perhaps this snow wasn’t a trap as much as it seemed. His feet strode to the counters before he knew what he was doing, and soon enough he was pulling out various ingredients. A smile came to his face as he gazed at all of them, lined up in a row. He’d make himself useful, and put himself a little more out there. While the storm raged on, he had the chance to make a stand while he was stuck behind the walls of the small house he supposed he should be getting very used to. Soon enough, he was grabbing ingredients left and right, inspiration flowing through him for once in the brutal blizzard. When his girl awoke, she’d have a feast before her. And they’d be able to have a long talk while the world gave them the time to move forward. A giant smile plastered itself on his face. Angeline’s face would be the highlight of his week, and he absolutely couldn’t wait to see it when she awoke. Today, he could make a true stand in where he wanted to be. And nobody, not even a snow storm, could keep him contained.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 12:13 am

Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Aaliyah;Cub (Her House)

Gracefully, her hand glided from the fabric as it rested near her side, and she lifted herself into a stand by the girl's response. "You are quite right. I am more than capable of providing for a guest in my home, especially for one who has undergone such an eventful day." She giggled warmly and gestured for Aaliyah to be at ease. "I may be older, dear, but I can handle walking to the kitchen to fetch another bowl and a glass of water. If anything, I need the exercise." Aunt Sophia lectured lightheartedly. Reaching in, she took the bowl from Aaliyah's hands. Her smile peaked through her lips as she turned away to leave through the door again. The woman's shoes tapped against the wood floor as she ambled to the other side of the room and her eyes wandered back to the girl. Creaking the door open, she held it slightly ajar before pausing. Then she slipped back into the hall shortly after.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar (Her House)

Even as Theodemar gathered her in his arms and cradled her, she hadn't stirred from her sleep. He gently tucked her into bed, making sure she would be warm. While she was nestled down in her bed and sheets, Angeline groaned quietly as she leaned on her side, grasping her pillow tightly against her cheek. She snuggled it  between her arms and bunched the blankets at her feet to get comfortable while she slept soundly.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Quote :

Aaliyah

Aaliyah couldn’t help but let a smile slip through her lips at the banter Aunt Sophia gave. The woman was too good, especially for a predator like her. But she would accept her help and conversation at any time. She watched as the deer shift leave with her bowl, and her blue eyes looked around the room and landed upon the light coming in from the window against the wall where the bed was. She could hear the snow pushing against it, the wind howling sharply. It was a good thing she got here when she did...it looked like they were in for a storm that evening. Neither she nor her cub would survive if she had waited. Her throat tightening, she was brought back to that moment, but especially the one that happened three months prior. Despite her wishes to forget about it, it crept into her mind, scraping its claws against the shell and prying its way in. It was a terrible metaphor, the memories too close to it. She shut her eyes and looked away, but that only pushed them further. She couldn’t stop it, too weak to fight the flood that proceeded to overwhelm her senses.

“What an amusing sight.” The tiger laid upon his silk bed, watching the snow leopard race at the door, throwing herself against it over and over to break the lock, break the door itself. His teeth gleamed, tail twitching as though this was how he watched his prey, waiting for it to tire of panicking and give into his jaws. His eyes trailed her every slam against the only exit there was, besides the windows, which towered too far above the ground to be considered survivable. “A predator weakened by a simple door. What would your trainer think of you, all this muscle to complete waste?”

Aaliyah didn’t give him the satisfaction of a reply, spending each and every breath trying to get out of the suffocating room. She could practically feel him closing in, ready to pounce whenever she gave up. She would rather die of exhaustion than succumb to whatever he was planning with that piercing gaze of his. Her shoulders ached, her paws slipping more and more with each try. She swore she saw blood spilled underfoot. Backing up halfway into the room, she bolted to the wooden door, throwing her side against it. A loud crack was the only thing heard. Her body slumped to the floor, her lungs heaving for breath as she tasted iron. Would she never leave this hell? Her eyes became hazy as she looked to her captor, who prowled his way off the bed and over to her with the widest smirk upon his face. She still gave him no words, only a glare of promise to rip his throat out when she had the chance. But he simply shoved her from the door, standing before it. Well, at least that showed she did -something-, or he wouldn’t be inclined to take such an action. She could only tilt her head back to see him, wanting to make aware of his position at all times.

“You managed to place a crack in my beautiful door.” Lythedh turned his head to look at it, looking highly amused. “Nothing but a crack, however. Insignificant, an inconvenience. Is that all your life has come to? A mere inconvenience? You should be ashamed.” Parading around, he came to her face, lowering his head to hers and trailing what he could only assume to be her trickles of blood. Something flashed in his eyes that even she was warned of. “People should be cowering before you, begging to keep them alive. You’re a predator. You control everyone beneath you.” Leaning forward, he brushed his tongue along her jaw, moving to her neck in swift strokes. The movement was jarring and rough against her skin, but she could not move. “The blood within you would have more to possess. But you, my dear, seem to have utterly failed in your conquest.” When his head rose again, his mouth covered in her blood drove her to finally scramble backwards, hitting the wall but able to prop her against it. The action surprised him.

“My, are we finally active? Seems I still have an impact upon the weak. Which unfortunately you have joined the ranks of.” Lythedh ran his tongue over his maw, his predatory gaze fixated upon her. “Or were you always that way? Running from authority, tripping over your own paws as you fled from one town to another. You never stood up for yourself. Not even upon that podium where I claimed you. Is that what you have become? You were likely like me, once upon a time. But you have wasted your precious power to shrivel in the shadows. What an unfortunate turn of events.”

The sentences he spoke struck alarm within her chest. Her heart beating out of her chest, she tried to stand taller, show that she had something left in her she could fight with. “I am -nothing- like you,” she growled, cut off only by the blood she had to spit from her tongue. At least that seemed the last of it.

“You kill the innocent to feed your own. You feast upon the blood of youth. How are you any different?” Lythedh’s grin revealed her life force staining his teeth, a trophy he wore proudly. “The only difference I see is that you are weak, and cowardly, and unable to fight!” His claws extended, and he began to walk towards her. “I did not have you trained to sink to your stomach before me!” A few steps forward, and he lunged, his claws raking down her side as she leapt away from the wall, racing to the rug where she stood, blood oozing down her leg. She could hardly feel the pain with the adrenaline rushing her.

He began to approach her again, and she immediately began to back away, but he only began to circle her. So she mirrored the motion, hoping that it would keep her alive for a few minutes longer. Anything to keep her energy so she could increase the door crack to a gaping wound, one she would flee in. The tiger simply meandered around, the sticky liquid upon the ground prohibiting him none.

“Your lack of strength sickens me. But it seems I am the only one who can save your pathetic hide.” Lythedh paused, and she did too. “I gave you my promise of marriage. I am giving you a chance to make a better life, become respected among those of your kind. Imagine the things you could do as Lady of the Manor.” She didn’t flinch this time as he took one pawstep after another towards her. “You would only fail as a fleeting rogue. Nothing but starvation and ridicule. You failed your species, and now you are the last one left. Why should anyone be intimidated by you?” The smile he gave made her want to wretch, but she said nothing. “Let yourself become mine. Nobody else can continue your kind. I can provide what you need. Isn’t that what you want? You’ve been alone for years, Aaliyah. You will be alone for decades more without me.”

She could not respond, would not respond. He was digging into her, prying out everything she didn’t want anyone to know. He wanted to get under her skin. But at the same time, he was right. Everything was right. Being here provided her a sense of control, a sense of power. She didn’t have to worry about if she would eat, if she would be thrown out, if she would be chased from her home. For the time being, he had at least treated her with more decency than most. And perhaps he was right with her lineage as well. She didn’t know who was left. She was a worthless piece of meat, and he proved it. He was the only one to make her kind strong again. Even if she found a way to escape in the future, she would know that her line would continue. It would not end with her. Her head hung, and he seemed to notice the shift, lifting his own head higher.

“Perfect. See, I am not the cruel and wicked man everyone claims me to be. I only give the truth, the reasoning that needs to be exposed.” His claws clicked on the wood panels, and he began to groom her wounds, the pain now beginning to seep into her. The feeling of his tongue against them would only fuel her nightmares. “I am glad that you can see now why this is important.” Once he deemed the blood clean, he stood by her side, expression changing drastically from the smooth predator to the outright captor that he was, eyes narrowed and jaw clenched as he slammed his massive paw onto her shoulders, sending her straight into the wooden floor. “That’s a good girl. Now stay still.”

Aaliyah jolted from her memory when he spoke the last word, her past pain echoing in every bone in her body. The horror still riddled through her even after the months had passed. She had given into the blood-lusting tiger, the Lord that would persuade anyone to become his loyal servant. Why had she let herself sink so low? He was right, though. She had become nothing of what snow leopards used to be. She was a failure to her own kind. Her cub was the only way she could live past her own self. Right? She fooled everyone in that manor the next day, pretending to be his mate and wearing that wretched ring upon her finger to prove it...she had faced Atticus and had been able to forget for only a short while how much the tiger had done to her the night prior. Now she was stuck with nothing. Not Lythedh, not Atticus, likely not even a soul in the village beyond the girl that saved her cub, and Aunt Sophia. In the end though, she would be alone again, just like he said. Lythedh was always right...she swallowed and picked up her son, gazing at him as he slept soundly. He had come from a monster. Perhaps Lythedh would find him and claim him, taking him away from her like he did everything else. It would be a fitting end to a cruel beginning, she supposed. But even so, she didn’t want to see her cub go. It didn’t matter who his father was. The one thing that mattered was that he was here now, and he was safe with her. Nobody would be able to take him without going through her first. She would die before they laid a single untrustworthy hand upon him. In this world, perhaps that would be her end. A fitting end, a cowardly snow leopard sacrificing herself for the one thing she had created. She hoped it wouldn’t be coming her way anytime soon, though. She hoped she deserved that much, after all she did wrong.

Quote :

Theodemar

Theodemar worked diligently on his task, ideas coming left and right to his mind as he began preparing the food. He even noticed that it was even things he recognized. Spending so long avoiding meat had left him with taking whatever he could from the kitchens, and the items before him were most of the same if not all of what he found. It would be a meal he could be proud of. Well, he hoped anyway. He hadn’t actually made a proper meal in a while. Beginning to tear some lettuce into smaller pieces, he was alerted by a strange noise from the bedroom, and he rushed over to make sure that Angeline was alright. Lo and behold, as he peeked around the corner wielding a pan, he was comforted to see her instead having made herself more comfortable. Must have just been a dream. He let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding and went back to the kitchen, losing himself once more in creating the recipes he had remembered from a very long time ago. All of the things before him must have brought them back to memory, jostling his mind. He just hoped they didn’t taste dubious.

After working for a while, he was working on cooking the last dish over the fire, a soup that was standard among the soldiers but tweaked so that it actually tasted good. And of course, no meat included. What kind of insane man would he have been if he had embraced the cannibalism that Lythedh loved to flaunt? He certainly wouldn’t be anywhere near his own kind, that was for certain. Atticus would have likely sensed the danger and fled the moment they met. Though that could also mean that they would have fought. Who would have won in that case? Would he, the Manitoban elk guard, beat the regal red stag? He didn’t want to think of hurting what could be his only friend besides the girl in the room nearby. He had spent too long defending himself. Perhaps that was why he was so jittery in the first place, the fact that he never had solace within his work. He would die at any turn and for any reason Lord Lythedh deemed. Nothing could be fought for, only defended. Glancing to the bedroom door, he wished to tell Angeline everything, explain and let her hear the truth before it came to haunt him more. Tonight, perhaps not. But in the future, it was something to be brought up. He could try his hand at a fight instead, see where it took him to try and claim something as his. He was an elk for goodness sake. Atticus said so himself - they thought they ruled the world. Why couldn’t he be the same for this dinner?

Looking back to the meal, he was pleased to smell the delicious aroma coming from the pot and took it off quickly to let cool after bringing it back to the kitchen. Hopefully, that good smell would be indicative of its good taste? He picked up a spoon, blowing on the small bit he grabbed before he tasted it. Not too bad...nothing exciting or brilliant, but not gag-worthy or rotten either. Something that was merely pleasant. Was Angel used to having lavish meals and exquisite taste-buds for her ingredients? Would she see him as less worthy because of his lack of home skills? The thought panicked him temporarily. Maybe this was all a bad idea. She had been raised by excellent cooks, or at least surrounded by them if the chef in town he met his first day was any indication. The meals he had here were always splendid, though he was a bit bias as anything he had at the manor was less so. The dinner he had made was only better than that from his own learning. It worried him plenty. But he took in a deep breath, shook his head, and began to put the meals into plates and bowls, covering them with other plates to preserve their heat. It would be a lot of cleaning, for sure, but he would take care of it all. Anything else was minor compared to the feast, or perhaps a mini feast he could call it, that he had made for his Angel. A mini feast for his mini girl.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Lazing in bed with blankets and comforters enveloping her, Angeline's gentle breaths glided in and out of her lips. Her mind rolled around dreams and fantasizes. None of which made any sense, but it was bliss nevertheless. Her rose colored lips tiredly curled into a faint smile. The plush pillow was pressed against her cheek while she slept, colors and shapes danced around her head like two courting doves. Their song, intangible in her dream, but rhythmic. Then in the mix of strange shapes and random mists of vision, she was finally able to see something. A tree line of scattered aspen trees on a cool spring morning. She could smell the crisp air the earthy musk from last night's rain. She heard the trickling of a stream as it ran through the creek. As a deer, she dipped her head toward the water, drinking it up. Her long lashed eyes fluttered to the sound of flapping wings. Her head rose to behold a magpie, perched on the tree just overhead. Its black plumage had a royal purple sheen. From there, she turned her head to either side when in her dream, and was met with several of her own species. Grey brocket deer were collected around the stream around her. Strangely enough, she felt as though she had known these deer for forever. Fawns shivered at the breeze as they stuck to their mother's side, only taking a sip of the water when their mother's had. Angeline looked around at them, as if deciding what she should do. In that moment, she smiled. She giggled softly. And she took another drink from the creek and the dream began to fade.
From behind her eyelids, Angeline's eyes began to flicker. She scrunched up her brow as her eyelids delicately lifted as she was brought back out of her dream. Her mind was in a haze as she stretched. Her fingers extended out with a pleased groan. Angel curled back in her blankets. Her leg was suspended out over the edge of her bed, she felt the cold brush against her toes, so she pulled her leg back into the comforters. Her strawberry blonde hair settled wildly over her face. She rolled onto her side, and gradually sat up with a heavy yawn. Then the girl rubbed her face tiredly. Her eyelids were still heavy. That's when a delicious, yet unfamiliar fragrance drifted into her nose as a welcoming gesture to come out into the kitchen. She would have questioned where Theo was or why there was a smell under normal circumstances, but sleep had a way of completely shutting down her senses for a good hour or two after awakening. The girl swept her hair away from her face with another stretch. She then leaned out, toes extending, she planted her bare feet on the ground and shuffled her way to the doorway to follow the smell. She stuck her nose out into the air, her mind going in and out of consciousness. "Mmm, what?" She whispered gravelly, not quite thinking properly. "What's the s-smell...?" Angel set her dainty fingers on the doorframe. She shambled through and rubbed her eyes again, not being used to the light.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Quote :
Ameya White

Tags: Atticus, (Aunt Sophia, Aaliyah, cub)

Catching the subtle change in his expression, he seemed to grow more pained, she realized she shouldn’t have said such a thing, for someone who has been through such suffering and so recent as well, they wouldn’t be able to see the light at the other side.  Parting his lips but then retreating again they were once more put in silence until he inquired about her village. Giving him a light smile she sighed softly, “I don’t know about that, but I’m glad you think so.” She told him gently, “I’d have to say no, it was nothing like your village, people were kind but things were… different.” She said before pulling her feet up on the couch. “I guess I haven’t told you much about my previous home, huh?” She said softly feeling kind of surprised with herself  she hadn’t talked to him or Sophie about it. “My father called our group a tribe because we lived more like our animal selves rather than humans, which is why he felt it was more suitable to be called as such. We weren’t allowed to do things that animals couldn’t for the most part. I guess you could say he was a naturalist of sorts.” She told him as she felt a bit of a smirk pulling at her lips. It sounded kinda of funny to call her father that, “We didn’t have houses, not even tents.. In the summer months we traveled from one location to the next as a herd, and in the winter we would return to the base of the mountain where a hidden cave was to seek shelter from the cold.” Pausing for a moment the girl sighed softly as the memories flooded back “We were one large family, twenty-five of us in total..” She murmured as she thought about them, it was crazy to think she was the last of them, the only survivor from that attack. “My father was the chief, he was strict and ruled over us with an iron hoof, but He wasn’t all bad, with Akin, he had a soft and caring side.” he never showed her such affection, he never wanted a doe only a buck, a son to follow in his hoof prints. Glancing over at Atticus Ameya spoke softly, “However, if I had to choose between the two now, I’d choose this village to be my home because I have you and your Aunt Sophie to call home.” falling silent for a moment she wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her head on her knees  as she looked at him, “Maybe, if you ever wanted to go on an adventure I could take you to see what use to be my village.” she continued to talk softly, “One of my favorite spots we’d stop at in the summer time was a hidden meadow between the mountains…  it was so beautiful there, both day and night.” she told him, her gentle gaze resting on him. “And as for the people, I think you would have liked them… “ she smiled lightly at the thought, “Everyone worked hard for one another, we all did our part as a family” She told him before removed her arms from around her legs and sliding her feet off the couch. From there she readjusted herself to face Atticus one leg underneath her while the other hung off the cushion somewhat.  

Quote :
Persefoni Black
(Forgive me I know her’s is terribly short )
Tags: Lythedh, Kihana, Navijah

Smirking along with the bongo, the panther couldn’t help but feel somewhat amused. It seemed this prey animal had her business going strongly with all the bugs discovered and crushed. However, persefoni still wasn’t completely for the idea of taking part in purchasing stock from this woman. She didn’t exactly trust her… Nothing good came from doing business with prey. “Well, it seems you have all your ducks in a row… Let me talk with my h-... mate and then we can further discuss this contract.”

Quote :
Navijah
(Again sorry it’s short X’( )
Tags: Seiff (Kihana, Lythedh, Persefoni, Guards/stablehands)

Keeping up with the fowl bird and his pesky tricks, Navi continued to watch him as she chased him about the pasture. Every few minutes the bird would swoop down at her head, grabbing talons full of mane as he did to further pester her. ‘I’ll show you…’ she thought coldly as her gaze hardened on the little bird. Watching as the man swooped down towards her the mare reared up snapping her teeth centimeters from his tail feathers. The clack of her teeth colliding into one another was clearly a warning as her cold auburn gaze bore holes into his wings.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Quote :

Lythedh

As Khiana agreed to allow them a discussion and wandered out of earshot down to the herd peacefully grazing, Lythedh stuffed his hands into his slack pockets with a huff. He didn’t know whether the water buffalo around them would eavesdrop and inform Khiana about their meeting, but he supposed it didn’t matter much. The contract that would be signed would be reviewed very closely to be sure their deal was correct and fair. Staring past Persephone to the woman for a moment, he passed the back of her head a glare. “That b***h,” he muttered under his breath. Though he was initially put off by his panther’s dismissal of quick explanation of their relationship, it had boiled under his skin to see her taking over the discussions with Khiana of the influx of prey animals that would be inhabiting their lands. This was not meant for the panther, not by any means. Why Khiana had to butt herself in and make herself the center of the show, he didn’t know. She was not the master of the manor, yet by her manners you would expect her to be closely allied with them. Was that her eventual goal? It better have not been. Gritting his teeth a moment, he looked back to his woman, his hair being tousled by the wind. “I can’t believe she took this over like that. This was meant to be a private conversation.” Though once he said so, he realized what those implications were, especially since Persephone seemed peeved that he had not originally invited her to join the contract discussions. “This was all meant to be a surprise. Those dumba** animals were meant to show up to allow you an exciting hunt or two,” he spat, gesturing out to the grazing creatures beyond. “Yet here she comes in, flaunting it like she owns the place and ruining it all.” His brows furrowed, he wished to include the bongo herself into the deal, set her loose in the forest and rip her trachea out to use as a toy between him and his panther. This was not how things were supposed to go. Letting out a rough sigh, he shook his head. “But since the surprise is spoiled to sh**, what is your opinion on this? What would you like to do, my Persephone?” The female likely had just as much motive to manipulate the deal as he had now.

Quote :

Theodemar

As Theodemar was preparing utensils for the two places, his ears were alerted to footsteps behind him, followed by a voice barely heard over the wind against the windows. It almost made him jump out of his skin as he turned and saw Angeline braced on her bedroom door frame, sniffing the air, likely smelling the meal he had prepared for them. His heart immediately began to beat out of his chest, a bright grin appearing on his face as he walked over to her. With the dim light surrounding her, coming in from the window behind her, she looked like a pure angel from above. He couldn’t think of a better sight. She had been asleep for a few hours, but he had missed every moment of her not being with him. “Good afternoon,” he murmured quietly, taking her hand as he saw her feet mismatched as she walked and pulling her close to his side to support her. “I figured you would need a warm meal when you awoke, after passing out as quickly as you did,” he explained slowly, his voice still mellow as she looked about ready to fall asleep again. “I made a few things, I-I don’t know if you will like them, but I tried my best. You can eat whenever you’re ready.” He led her to the couch, sitting her on the corner so she could be supported by both the pillow against the armrest and the couch cushion, he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it over her. “You just let yourself wake up, I’ll bring the food to you.” Gazing at her for a moment, hardly able to think with how loudly his heart beat in his ears over what he wanted to ask, he leaned down and kissed the top of her head before rushing over to look between all the things he had made. Would she even want to eat? She did come out because of the smell, so perhaps she was interested enough, yet there were at least four different dishes. Deciding finally on the bread he had made with the spare ingredients, he sliced a couple pieces before he brought it over, sitting next to her and setting the plate on the side table next to the couch he sat her on. “I-I guess I’m rushing you a bit, I just want you comfortable,” he rushed out, before taking a breath and letting it out slowly. She really did affect him far more than he expected.

Quote :

Seiff

As the coucal swooped down once more to tease her mane, he was shocked by her quick reflexes and snapping teeth that ended up only centimeters from his precious tail feathers. Thrown off his groove for a moment, he veered around and let out a surprised call, flying high above to avoid her vicious teeth and landing himself on the pasture overhang, his feathers all ruffled. “Well well, putting up quite a fight!” he called down to her, chuckling as he fixed some of his flight feathers that had been put out of place. “I’m surprised you’d bite the hand that feeds you, though. Don’t want to burn too many bridges, or you’ll never get out of here.” He was amused by her ferocity, however. Lady Persephone was brave to tackle such a beast. “I’m surprised you’re even spending time chasing a pest like me, when you’ve got a fence to leap over,” he remarked, gesturing to it with his wing. “You’d be rid of everyone in moments!”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Ameya (Aunt Sophia's House)

Ameya's words glided off her lips as she reminisced and explained her past life. “I’d have to say no, it was nothing like your village, people were kind but things were… different.” She said. Ameya was quiet when she talked about them. Her father was her leader, firm yet kind, and she had lived a feral life, away from civilization. There was an underlying sadness but also a flower of peace that had blossomed in her eyes. For one so loaded with grief and pain, she possessed so much optimism and light. He scarcely knew how she could hang onto it. And when she confessed that if she had to pick between that life and the village, she would choose the village. His eyebrows crumpled as a flash of confusion and pleasant surprise gradually crept onto his expression. Between her past life and this one, she would chose this one? Even at the cost of all she had? His lips separated. He took a breath in to allow this knowledge to settle in his chest. Not a word left him though. Atticus could only glance at her in a subtly bewildered manner. His shoulders rolled back as air pooled into his lungs, and he listened. A calm silence sat between them now. It rested in the void of conversation, until Ameya filled it with an offer to see her tribe, or where it once resided. Her face brightened when she described how beautiful it was. That was enough to raise his weary head and smile with just the right touch of shyness and warmth. She talked about her people and how hardworking and committed they were. She said he would have liked them, and he was sure he would have too. "One part of me wishes that I could have been there when it was flourishing, and if I could have seen you and your tribe then so none of this would have ever happened to you. I'm glad you like it here, but you've been through so much..." Atticus shifted his weight and propped his elbow against the sofa's frame. His eyes fell away as he crinkled his brow. He caressed his chin. Then he looked at her. But another part of me is glad you're here. Maybe in the spring, we can hike up there together."

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Crinkling her eyes to see, Angeline heard Theo's voice from the other room, telling her 'good morning.' Another yawn managed to slip by her lips but she covered it with her hand and brushed it aside, "is it morning already? Did you stay the whole night?" She was fine with that of course, if he had. She just wanted to make sure he had slept comfortably. "Did you make someth-" Her question fizzled as he had swiftly come in to support her shambling self. Grace was most certainly not her forte, but she managed to walk out with Theodemar and sluggishly nod her head to his explanation. A touch of unanticipated delight renewed her face like a fresh spring rain and she smiled at him with more sense. "Wait, you made food or me? Aww, Theeo," she clasped her hands at her heart as she was settled into the couch with a blanket draped across her small frame. "That is just so sweet of you", she gushed. He was fumbling around but she was too busy smiling to notice how worried he was about this meal. To her, the gesture was enough. Her eyes trailed him from the kitchen and back with a simple plate of bread in his hands. He apologized for 'rushing her,' as he put it. "This is perfect- this is just the best. Thank you, you are just amazing, and don't worry one bit, this is more than I could have asked for."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:17 am

Quote :

Theodemar

As he situated next to Angeline and she thanked him profusely for the gesture, his cheeks grew red and he laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. He didn’t expect her to gush over the gesture, it was just a meal he prepared. But he guessed that was the best outcome he could have expected from the whole thing. He grinned softly and wrapped an arm around her, taking every chance he could to show how much she meant to him. Though he was still nervous about all of it, she was worth more than anything else in his life. “Speaking of asking, I-I do have something to ask you,” he said quietly, avoiding eye contact for the moment. How would he tell her this? He had rehearsed it over and over while making their meal, but now that she was before him, he couldn’t manage to get the words out. “Now I-I didn’t do all of this just for this question, I-I promise...this is all for you no matter your answer.” He took a deep breath in and finally met her face again. “I’d really like to be your guy...your boyfriend, suitor, whatever you call it here, I want to be him for you. A-And in return I want you to be my girl...I’ve never had someone to call mine and I want that honor to go to you.” Stumbling over his words, he gestured to the kitchen. “O-Of course, no matter what you say, I still made everything for you a-and I want to be your friend. You just mean a lot to me, Angel...I want to show you how much.” Though he wanted to avoid her gaze, he kept it this time. Whatever the answer, he would take it head on. After all, Atticus had shown him that he needed to take a stand for what he wanted in life, rather than letting someone else push him in a certain direction. He was a manitoban elk for world’s sake. He could take on anything and succeed. But when it came to his Angeline...all of his confidence seemed to walk on a tightrope. No wonder Atticus was so attached to Aaliyah - he could understand why now.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Theo's arm wrapped around her shoulder and Angeline coddled into his warm embrace. She could feel the consistent rhythm of his heart, which sounded more like a beating drum than a heartbeat. He shouldn't have been so nervous, even if it was cute; she wasn't going to make him feel embarrassed for cooking for her. It was such a sweet gesture. She smiled at Theo, noting the change in his face and the increasing pounding of his chest, and a curious look furrowed her brows ever so subtly. 'Something to ask me?' She wondered. 'What is going on inside his goofy little head I wonder.' She was smiling from ear to ear without a clue of where this was headed. 'Maybe he wants to stay here a bit longer?' She wasn't sure what he was getting at, but it was sure making him nervous! “Now I-I didn’t do all of this just for this question, I-I promise...this is all for you no matter your answer.” He said and averted his gaze. Now he was making her nervous. What was going to slip through his lips? What was he going to ask? The smile planted on her face began to diminish piece by piece, the longer this was dragging on, the more concerned she was getting. This was awfully serious for Theodemar to be talking like that. He inhaled deeply. She watched his shoulders rise as he pulled air into his mouth to try and juggle the words in his head, but her eyes grew wide when he managed to spill the news. For a moment, her face was completely blank. Her thoughts scurried off and left her mind completely barren. He assured her that no matter her response, the meal was for her, but she couldn't even think of that right now. She was stunned for only a second more before lunging at him and exclaiming, "of course I'll take you Theodemar!! I never thought you'd be asking this! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" Her arms coiled around his neck as she embraced him with contagious giggles. She nestled up to him and gushed. "I just can't stop smiling right now, you make me so happy." Her cheeks were throbbing now from the wide beam across her face. She felt like none of this was real, as cliché as that seemed. She dreamed that someday in the future she would have someone to be steady with, but today? Today was that day? She laughed. Her cheeks flushed.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Theodemar has never gone through anything more anxiety inducing than sitting next to Angeline, expressing what he wanted more than anything. Even the battles with the cats from Lythedh could be handled, but this...this could go either way. But as soon as he spoke the words, she was exuberant beyond his imagination, elated with her arms around his neck and snuggling herself right up to him, exclaiming how happy he made her. It was all he could do to not spin her around the room. Laughing from the bottom of his heart, he wrapped both arms around her, holding her tight as he fell back on the couch and held her tightly. “My Angeline! You make time the happiest man alive.” Grinning wider than he was sure he ever had, he lifted one hand to brush through her beautiful strawberry blonde hair, his eyes sparkling with utter delight. “I’ve wanted to ask you for so long, I was so worried that it wasn’t long enough. But this blizzard really showed me that I just needed to be stuck in a house with you to ask.” Laughing again, from still on his face, he finally sat up again and sat her beside him. “You know, I might as well say screw it and tell you the rest.” Leaning down, he kissed her soft, flushed cheek, beaming from ear to ear. “I love you, my angel. I don’t care how long it takes to get your love in return, I will bring you all your desires and help your dreams become reality. You are the most important thing to be in the world we live on, and I want to make it known! So I love you, Angeline! Haha! I can finally say it now!” He felt on top of the clouds, beyond the snow that was pouring down. He could never be more free than he was right then. “You really drive me crazy, my little gray. I’ll never know how you did it.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

His affectionate laugh carried into her ear as she squeezed him tightly with both arms around his neck, feeling compassion pour out in her heart. He was truly, an amazing man. She couldn't have been happier. He fell back into the couch with his arms around her figure. Angeline was nestled up close to him, smiling. She watched as he brushed her strawberry hair from her face and gazed at her lovingly, her cheeks were red hot as it was and his comment didn't help either. An uncontrollable heat rushed to her face from Theo's gushing. She was so glad to hear every word. He even reached in to kiss her cheek and she hoped her wouldn't notice how warm it was. She was blushing more than she had ever before. Her stomach was aflutter and heart sang with joy. “I love you, my angel. I don’t care how long it takes to get your love in return, I will bring you all your desires and help your dreams become reality. You are the most important thing to be in the world we live on, and I want to make it known! So I love you, Angeline! Haha! I can finally say it now!” She was swift to hold him tighter, leaning in to him with a bubbly giggle. She closed her eyes as she squeezed him and pulled back to hear his final words. With a smile on her lips she came forward and rested her forehead against his as a sign of affection. "And I love you, Theodemar," she said. "You make me happier than anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Quote :

Theodemar

The elk couldn’t be more thrilled as he stay snuggled up with Angeline, words pouring from him that he would never have been able to say months prior. Now he had his girl, his wonderful Angel, to call his own. When she replied to him, setting her forehead against hers with the cutest blush he had ever seen across her face, he felt as though his heart would explode. ”And I love you, Theodemar. You make me happier than anyone else.” Laughing with the purest joy within him, he kept his arms enveloped around her and squeezed her tightly just for a moment before releasing, unsure of what he wanted to do with himself. Well, actually, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. He wanted to race up to everyone he knew and tell them just how amazing it was that he loved Angeline, and she loved him. He could tell the world if he had the hooves to carry himself! Grinning from ear to ear, he simply stayed holding her, wanting to remember absolutely every moment he had here with her. “If it wasn’t a blizzard outside, I would go to the rooftops and exclaim my love for you! Everyone would know just how much you mean to me! Then again, I think I’d rather stay in here with you anyways. You’re the best thing this world has to offer.” He kissed her pink nose, still unable to stop from grinning. “Now, despite all of this amazing and wonderful news and excitement, I want you to get some food in you! You need to eat! Take some bread, I can bring everything here and we can cuddle in front of the fire. I don’t want you falling back asleep when I finally get to show you how much you mean to me, through every way I possibly can!”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

A delightful laugh bubbled out from Theodemar as they embraced each other as tightly as their love, and he proclaimed that if he had the opportunity, he would throw open her front door and announce to everyone just how much he loved her. Angeline's cheeks hurt from her smiling. She squinted her eyes as giggles rolled off her lips when he had kissed her nose. "Now, despite all of this amazing and wonderful news and excitement, I want you to get some food in you! You need to eat! Take some bread, I can bring everything here and we can cuddle in front of the fire. I don’t want you falling back asleep when I finally get to show you how much you mean to me, through every way I possibly can!” She had almost forgotten all about that! Her nose was immediately alerted to the delectable aroma of Theodemar's cooking when he had reminded her. The smells alone was enough to make her mouth water slightly. She was so excited; this day had turned out better than she could have hoped anticipated! So much had happened under such a short span of time that she scarcely remembered anything prior to them being officially a pair. Even the thought fluttered in her chest like the wistful dreams of a child. They were officially together. "Yes please! I would love to try it all! But don't worry, I can't imagine falling back asleep with all of this on my mind," she assured him loudly. "Everything smells delicious, how did you learn how to cook?"
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Quote :
Ameya White

Tags: Atticus, (Aunt Sophia, Aaliyah, cub)

When Atticus had finally raising his head, it seemed she had gently pulling his mind from the pain and worry he currently was feeling. And to Ameya’s surprise, a slightly shy yet warm smile was on the man’s face. Parting his lips he expressed how he would have liked to see her tribe when it was prospering and to have met her and her people then so none of what had happened, happened. This made her smile a little, she would have liked to have met him back then as well, however, what the Stag said next caused a slight blush to rush to her cheeks. Shifting his weight on the couch before resting his elbow against the couch frame the doe watched his eyes drift from her and his brow scrunch up, a hand now caressed his chin before finally he looked at her, “But another part of me is glad you're here. Maybe in the spring, we can hike up there together." Smiling sweetly as her eyes shifted off to the side then back up to Atticus, “I’d enjoy that,” She told him softly. Sure, returning home to an empty mountain side and summer meadow would be heartbreaking but seeing the places she was born and raised in for all her life would be wonderful. Falling silent for a moment she wanted to express that she too was glad to have come here “And… I’m glad you’re glad I’m here, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” she finally said, feeling her face get hot all over again she redirected her eyes to her hands which now rested in her lap.

Quote :
Persefoni Black

Hearing her mate huff behind her, Persefoni was shocked to have finally heard a sound made by the man. Looking towards him to see what the problem was she caught sight of him shoving his hands into his pockets before muttering a few choice words. Raising a brow she crossed her arms, at first she felt his belittling words were directed towards her however his eyes were fixated on the Bongo who’d left them to speak among themselves. However, she was still pretty sure some of that aggravation was because of her own actions, he could get over it. After all, he’d already flared her up a touch today… Denying their relationship and simply stating they were mates nothing more was rather humiliating. But, that aside, the predator waited for the man to continue she was sure he was bound to have more to say. Watching his jaw clench his eyes had soon fell upon the black haired woman, “I can’t believe she took this over like that. This was meant to be a private conversation.” he told the panther causing the woman’s brow to crease, yet she let him continue, she wasn’t going to cut him off just yet. “This was all meant to be a surprise. Those dumba** animals were meant to show up to allow you an exciting hunt or two,” Hearing those words the woman’s jaw about dropped. Lythedh had planned this all for her… it was all a surprise??? For once, the woman felt a rush of guilt wash over her for having been so persistent to figure out what this contract was all about. As her Tiger flung his arm is the direction of the prey he continued ranting, “Yet here she comes in, flaunting it like she owns the place and ruining it all.” Clearly, his anger wasn’t leaving him with a rough shake of his head he finally consulted her opinion on the matter. Glancing towards the woman down in the meadow with her stock, a soft growl rolled from her throat. For a moment, she was speechless as her own irritation grew, “Hmm…” She hummed as she tried to suppress her anger to not make the buffalo uncomfortable. “I think you know very well what I’d like to do… “ She snapped out of distated for the prey woman, “However, I feel this needs an extra day of discussion without the Bongo.” She told him before turning back to her handsome mate, “I’m returning to our abode, we can discuss this matter further back inside.” She said before starting passed him.
Quote :
Navijah
Tags: Seiff (Kihana, Lythedh, Persefoni, Guards/stablehands)

The surprise squawk made it all worth it, with her laugh filling the air as he flew off ruffled feathers and all she pranced after him, tail flipping about as she strutted her stuff. “You shouldn’t expect any less!” She replied up to him a grin on her horse muzzle. “Your hand has never fed me and I highly doubt it ever will… “ She spat as she continued to chuckle of her small victory. “And what bridges are you referring too? Your woman sells off prey like they are sacks of potatoes… I feel that’s not a bridge but a log waiting to float away with the next flood… that’s hardly anything to trust ones life on.” she stated before stomping a hoof against the pasture soil and rearing up. “There you go again with jumping the fence… “ She said with a roll of her eyes, “Honestly, you think such a structure would be hard for someone like me?… However, I know what game you’re wanting to play and I’m not about to let you get any pleasure in watching me get hunted by a clan of filthy cats.” she spat before dropping back down on all four hooves and trotting away from the tree a little ways.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 pm

{{Skip, ~1 week}}

Quote :

Aaliyah

Rays of orange light streamed through the trees, thin lines of sun peeking through the leaves of the surrounding forest and making the fluffy white snow sparkle under its beams. A fresh layer had been lain the previous night, removing any trace of movement from yesterday and making the village anew. Having woken up early, Aaliyah had snuck through the house on quiet feet, bundled in the winter clothes Aunt Sophia insisted she wear. It was still early enough that she would have a few minutes to herself before the day began and she would need to get on with the plans she had to face. Peeking out the front door, she looked around and was relieved that there was nobody. She then stepped outside, breathing in the wonderful cold of the morning and smiling. For once she could enjoy the winter instead of struggling through it. Her strength was still not all it used to be months prior, but with the care she was provided she was able to move herself for periods at a time. She went down to the front of the porch, looking around again as she sat down with crossed legs. Lifting a hand, she undid the first button of her coat to grin at her little cub staring back up at her. The snow leopard shift had hardly been able to stop staring at her little boy since last night, when he finally opened his eyes for the first time. His bright blue eyes had almost made her cry at the sight. The fact that he had inherited that from her was proof that someone was looking out for her. “Hey sweetie,” she whispered, stroking the little hairs atop his head. He mewed softly and began to try and crawl up her chest out to the world, and she picked him up from her coat, wrapping him firmly in her scarf to prevent him from getting too chilled. His fur had puffed up quite a bit since he was born, protecting him from the season in dense snow leopard fur. Though it was orange and extremely visible in the snow, the same as if a flame arose from the ground in the middle of a blizzard, he had all the same features of a snow leopard, she had come to find out. Putting her little son in her lap, she scooped up a bit of snow and brought it to his face. “This is snow,” she murmured, beaming as he sniffed the substance and dabbed his paw at it only to shake it furiously at how cold it was, scolding her with a startled mew. Aaliyah giggled, putting the snow back down and brushing the excess on her pants. “You’ll get used to it soon enough. This is mommy’s favorite time of the year, you know.” It almost brought a pain to her heart, remembering how excited she was when winter first began. Back when she still had Atticus. Shaking the memory from her head, she focused on her cub, who was still sniffing at the snow, as though expecting something to come from it. She couldn’t help but smile and run a hand down his back, scratching behind his little ears. He would grow to love it, she was sure. Just needed to grow into his big paws and learn to walk, and he would be bounding through the snow in no time.

Quote :

Theodemar

It wasn’t until light beamed through a nearby window into his eyes that Theodemar had actually awoken from his sleep. Groaning, he threw his arm over his eyes, avoiding the light streaming through the curtains. How was it so bright in his room anyways? He pushed himself to a seated position, only to realize upon opening his deep green eyes that he had crashed on Angeline’s couch, a blanket tossed over him. Had they stayed up that late? He had been enjoying spending as much time as possible with his girl now that they were together, showing up almost every day just to see her. After all, what was a blizzard and snowfall good for other than making an excuse to stay in with her? Yawning, he ruffled his matted hair and looked out the window that was the culprit for his awakening. Sure enough, the light was just at the right angle to hit him on the couch. Maybe he should have slept the other way around. He put the blanket over the top of the couch and stood, only to realize just how cold it was. The fireplace seemed to have gone out overnight. Breathing into his hands and rubbing them together, he grabbed some wood beside it that he had chopped recently for her and placed it into the fireplace, using the firestarter and flint to chip against each other until one of the pieces caught flame and passed it to the others. In just a few minutes, the warmth was spread from the wood to the rest of the room. Placing the materials back, Theo realized that the fireplace wouldn’t have gone to Angel’s room, but when he walked over to check, the girl was bundled under her sheets, unlikely to catch as much of a chill as he had. Breathing out in relief, he went to the kitchen to make breakfast. He was always the first to awaken, but that wasn’t uncommon. He often had to be up right before the sunrise at Lythedh’s manor, though he had been getting adjusted over time to trying to sleep in just a half hour more, even an hour. Especially with late night talks and games with Angeline, it could get exhausting. Yawning again, he picked up a pan and eggs, walking back to the fireplace and beginning to cook a few eggs atop it for himself and his girl.

Quote :

Lythedh

Standing on the balcony overlooking the gardens and pastures, Lythedh had his hands braced on the rail, breathing in the cold air and gazing over the land being brightened by the morning. Winter was never a great time for him. Not only were all the water features nearby frozen over, but no prey was around in abundance for him to hunt. He was lucky to have the few exotics from Khiana, but he hadn’t taken any just yet. It was for Persefoni after all; she should get the first bite. Pulling his fur cloak further over his shoulders, he looked to the pastures, which were empty, excluding the snow covering inches of the ground. It was a miserable sight. Was he going to have to survive on common meats until the spring? He usually lasted, but he was now feeding himself and Persefoni. Twice the exotic meat being eaten meant the stocks went down twice as fast. Maybe he would purchase some imported meats to last until the spring. He and his mate hadn’t decided anything with Khiana the bongo, meaning that they only had the limited quantity that the woman had initially brought with her. He wanted to get it over and done with, but Persefoni was persistent that they suck as much as they could from the merchant before making her part of the dinner courses. He wasn’t even sure if that was possible. He didn’t want to deal with all the people Khiana had tied around her finger.

Quote :

Khiana

Strolling through town, the bongo woman was pleased that merchants had come out to sell their goods and wares despite the cold. Coins were burning in her pocket, and she was eager to grab supplies for her return trip home after the contract was settled with Lord and Lady Bloodworne. She was going to have them curled in her palm by the end of it. They would be overpaying for their exotics and giving her the luxury of extra cash to delve into new projects, particularly her predators. A shame that she didn’t have the female snow leopard to begin that side, but she could always bribe another noble for one of their catches. Even better if they carried the next generation, as it would solve half her problem. Hands folded in front of her, she passed by stalls and approached others, pleasing the sellers by purchasing a good amount of whatever they sold and having Seiff in his human form carry the excess. Her confidant was waiting in the inn they rested at, preparing her luggage to leave for her home after the contract was settled the next day. For now, she was enjoying the sunshine and the ability to wear some of her winter clothing. Smiling at those she passed, she seemed completely ordinary, but she was not just here for goods. Her eyes were peeled for back alleys, for dark pathways leading to more mysterious and outrageous deals. There was always a good alcove for additions to her herds if she looked closely enough, or offered a high enough payment. It wasn’t hard to pry a few prey away back home with her, especially with the ability to keep anyone quiet that she wished. Having a bodyguard like Seiff made it easy for her. Why would anyone mess with an accompanied woman?
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Quote :
Ameya White
Tags: Villagers

Quote :

It had been a week since Aaliayah had returned to their little village with her cub half dead and beginning to freeze in the winter storm. Atticus had gone through some much pain and worry in the instant he saw her, the look in his eyes... Ameya didn’t think she’d ever forget just how distraught he was that night. During the stag’s time of agony, the two opened up to one another they spoke of their pasts, and even a bit of plans for their futures… Whether or not they’d happen was yet to be decided but the piebald doe could only hope. Running her fingers down a newly placed flower arrangement, the doe was lost in thought as she tried to decide on what small bouquet she should bring to her brother's grave this time. Every week, she tried to take a fresh set of flowers to his grave in the meadow she knew how much the fawn preferred the spring and giving him a taste of what is to come was the least she could do for him now. However, at the moment, her mind was obviously on someone other than her deceased little brother. With her lips slightly curved in a soft smile, she kept thinking about the Stag as she gazed at the white lilies from the greenhouse. “Ma’am? Would you like to buy those?” A voice sounded jerking the doe from her thoughts, “Oh! I um… Well... I was wondering if you had anything more brightly colored?” Stammering about on her words she quickly asked for something less white and more cheerful, watching the woman's lips turn into a quick grin she realized what the woman was probably thinking. “So, you have a fellow on your mind, hmm?” the florist asked causing Ameya’s heart to pound and face to grow pink. “N-No, I um was just thinking about a friend and the plans we’ve made for the spring. “ she told her as she began fidgeting with the hem of her coat. “Riiiight…. You know there is no need to be shy, darlin’ It’s alright to be in Lo-” With her eyes wide she quickly bounded away from the lady and towards a bundle of beautiful orange flowers, “How much would you like for these!?” She quickly cut her off with a bit of awkward laughter trailing. “I know how much my brother loved brightly colored flowers so, I think these would do perfectly.” She told her, obviously wanting to keep the previous subject at bay. Sighing with a bit of a grin, the florist nodded her head and gathered up the bouquet before heading to the counter. “Are you wanting the full arrangement or just a small portion like usual?” She asked her as she began trimming the ends a bit and removing some withered leaves and petals. “Yes, just a flower of each would be fine.” She told her softly as she put her gloves back on and fiddled with her hat, worried the woman would bring up the topic from before… That’s all she needed was the townspeople gossiping, that’s all they did was talk... and if they assumed she had a fancy for him of all stags that would only create more trouble for Atticus, which was something she didn’t want. Gathering the flowers up and paying for them, Ameya didn’t say anything else to the florist whether she was too embarrassed or just didn’t want to continue with their previous topic the mule doe wasn't sure, maybe it was both. Flying out the door with the quickest walking pace Ameya could manage she quickly began looking around at the town market, Aunt Sophie had given her a list of items to buy for the Winter festivities later that day and she didn’t want to forget them because of her mind being in a whirl.

Quote :
Persefoni Black

Quote :

Spotting her lover brooding out in the cold, Persefoni couldn’t help but sigh before grinning widely. Wrapping her silky robe about her near bare body, the woman stepped towards the doors separating the two of them. Opening one of the two, the woman slipped out into the cold with him shivering as she paused beside him. “My love, you’re frowning again… You keep that up your face will freeze like that in this weather.” She warned him before nipping at his cold ear. Her eyes resting on the few stranded prey in their pastures. They still had to make a decision… seeing how his eyes were glued to them Lythedh wanted that decision to be made. Unfortunately, for them, Persefoni was still brooding over the subject herself. Sighing she pulled away from him before turning around and pulling herself up onto the balcony edge, her back now on the beasts below. “Let's discuss it… As you know my love, I would prefer to take all that is before me and leave nothing behind, if you catch my drift, however, I do know that is rather risky and there are too many loose ends to be allow to float freely about in this winter air…. However, I do not take pleasure in the idea of us being roped into something that is only going to drain our pockets.” she expressed her concerns before shifting her gaze towards her tiger. “I don’t trust that woman… She’s as bad as busy body salesmen that like to candy their words with sweet nothings.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 10:04 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Atticus

Smiling was a contagious reaction during the winter solstice. The sweet and savory tang from holiday berries, sweet bread, soups, and winter meals could soften anyone's heart. Humming a little tune as she etched down a list of ingredients her nephew would need for the evening, she had plans on making breakfast early for her sister and him before attending to her house and making food with her guest and then preparing for the final celebration. Aunt Sophia was currently at the Red's residing house. She left before the sun rose to make sure that wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for Aaliyah. Food was Aunt Sophia's priority after all, and she would not delay breakfast for any guest of hers. Filling out more of the direction, the woman gestured back at Atticus, who was pulling foods and supplies out from the cupboards quietly. "Atticus. What did the Sika family do last year, do you remember? I can't for the life of me recall -was it the appetizers or the creme brulee? Ahh...yes, I think it was the creme brulee. Oh-oh and I do hope they are in charge of it again this year, it is my absolute favorite. The Fallows make good desserts too, but nothing beats vanilla during winter if I do say so myself." She gushed. "Well! If she isn't making it for the festival, I can always make them for Aaliyah later. I am sure she would simply adore them. Oh, and remind me to ask for a recipe during the festival, would you? I can never quite get the flavor right, it's always a bit off I'm afraid, but no matter what I do I can't quite figure out why. Keily's creme brulees are perfect. I'll have to ask her...it will be quite the treat to have two guests over for the winter solstice -technically three I suppose." Aunt Sophia giggled softly and set her writing utensil aside. "Wouldn't that be fun?" The woman turned to look over her shoulder at her nephew, who set the few meager cans left on her counter top without a reply. Her eager, bubbly smile dissolved softly as the joyous atmosphere seemed different to him than to her. Her brows gradually lifted in remorse and her lips softly parted. He had held his eyes away and kept to himself, almost as if he hadn't heard her. "Oh, Atticus..." She gradually ambled to him and smiled. Her eyes still glowed with enthusiasm and love but more softly now. "This is going to be a great celebration. I know it will," she assured him and placed her hand on his shoulder. When he slowly glanced over at her with a heaviness in his eyes, they gently embraced one another affectionately and felt the pleasant warmth returning. "It takes time to get into the rhythm of things again, but this is going to be the first time in three years you're with us on this holiday. Your mother will be thrilled. The village is too! The first step to smile on the inside, is to smile on the outside. You'll have a great time, I know you will, Atticus." The woman smiled a little stronger and slipped back from their embrace. Now seeing a gentle happiness radiating from his face as that seemed to work, she felt good about the outcome of today and knew he would enjoy the rest of the winter solstice. Aunt Sophia gradually put on a shrewd expression, picked up a wooden spoon from her counter and playfully hit him on his rear end. "Now get! You have to get ready for the day too! You have been very helpful but you're needed elsewhere!" She laughed and shooed him off. "If you see Aaliyah, tell her I'll be over to make breakfast in an hour or two after I'm done here, and when you're back, follow the exact instructions I have on the paper here. You should do fine! If you have any questions, come by and ask."
Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Sophia Roe; Aaliyah

Cooking? Right. It didn't seem like it would be too difficult, especially with the directions laid out for him. He looked away for a moment. "Okay thank you." A lick of surprise dusted his face as his Aunt smacked him again with the wooden spoon. It was enough to cause him to laugh and stumble back on his heel, and out of her kitchen. She waved the object at him as he choked, "Hey!-Aunt Sophia-! Okay! Okay! Stop that, you're so weird." His laughing faded into a chuckle but a pleasant smile still rested on his face. "I can do what I want with you, you're my nephew," she retorted back. He wheezed slightly at the answer but only shook his head and made his way towards the front door. He passed her a slight wave when he held the doorknob and said, "alright, I'll see you later. Thanks again!" She waved the spoon at him. Atticus shook his head for a final time with an amused smirk on his lips and exited through the door. A wave of cold air nipped at his face. He wanted to stay human for a little while longer but not with the deep blanket of snow enveloping the village. He walked off as his stag form, gusts of foggy air bellowed out from his nose with his every breath. He carried himself out through the two feet of snow collected on the ground. His thin summer coat was replaced with thick layer of insulating fur. Strands of sunlight danced around his antlers as single snowflake or two descended gracefully from the clear blue sky. There wasn't a cloud in sight this morning. His eyes rolled up past the bare branches and limbs that were curled up towards the sun. The few snowflakes in the air glistened like particles of silver tinsel. There was always a smell to winter, an almost crisp smokey scent. He inhaled it in, along with the person he was trying to find. A sweet yet painful familiarity flooded his head as he followed it down and ambled on through the snow with ease. His ears prickled as he went on past his mother's house, down toward Aunt Sophia's. The little cottage was easy to see past the hill as he had made his descent, now catching the figure of Aaliyah and her cub in the distance as she was sat out on the porch. The stag's striding slowed to an uneasy stop as he watched at a distance. His ears perked forward and then rolled back as he gently lowered his head, sucked in his anxiousness, and approached. When she came close enough to speak, the red stag stag shifted back into his human form, and he stood about a yard away now with his hands bundled in his front pockets. He was dressed in a winter hoodie with jeans. The top half from the shoulders up was grey, and the bottom half was black. Figuring he didn't want to stand in the cold for longer than he was, Atticus walked onto the porch and stood a bit distantly from her. "Uh, hey," he muttered softly. Speaking to her was difficult. The warmth in his breath condensed into a fog as the air left his lips. Atticus cleared his throat. "My Aunt is over at my mother's place right now, she wanted me to tell you she'll be back in an hour or two. She'll be making breakfast." His eyes flicked at the cub for a moment, to its mother, and then he averted his eyes. An uncomfortable feeling raked down his spine but he wasn't sure what to say. Congratulations on having a child? I mean, what could he say? He chewed at his lip. It might have been best just to leave well enough alone. "You're...you're more than welcome to celebrate with the village. I'm sure they'd love to have you," he said. His voice was crisp and faint with an ounce of pain still clinging to his face.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar

Angeline was still bundled in her blankets, dreaming off to faraway places and distant lands. She was up rather late last night, later than usual anyway. She wasn't usually a night owl, or an early bird. She was more of a somewhere in-between-bird, if such a thing even existed. Mornings were easier than nights, but the time literally flew past her knowledge when talking with Theo. One minute it was nightfall, and the next? Incredibly late. She didn't know how late exactly, but she knew it was late when she had closed her eyes for one moment and then gone completely under in the next. The girl groaned and stuffed some more of her covers closer to her face. She nuzzled into the feathery soft material, breathing loudly through her half-parted lips. She always crashed pretty hard but even harder when she stayed up so late. Comfortable in the mess of blankets and comforters, she burrowed deeper into her own personal cocoon to sleep through the cold morning like a hibernating bear.[/color][/size]
Quote :
Dean Marten
Tags: Khiana

Most animals buried themselves and scurried off for the winter, but the Pine Marten had his own routine when the cold set in and the folks in town appeared gloomy...stealing, bartering, and getting more wealth than he probably deserved. He would wet his muzzle during the winter, when food was scarce and people were more desperate to survive. The pine marten, in his human form, was learned upon the edge of an alleyway to escape the cold wind for a moment or two and breath in calmer air. But his eye caught onto the crowd and watched it go by. There were the crows, scuffling for scraps. People trading for goods. Some were wealthy, others were poor. The crowd was mixed, and then, the man tipped his hat and slithered out from the alleyway, having caught a glimpse of a customer he had ripped off a few months ago. Dean went back as a pine marten, now enjoying the frigid mornings more than his human side. He pawed along with his thick fur softly brushing along the sides of the building, easily slipping away from the customer undetected. A relaxed, indifferent pace was set in his stride, thinking he was more desirous of something new rather than food or sweet company. Too much of anything good makes it boring. That's how he saw it. The wily marten decided to pace down the town once more before deciding to steal food off from some poor hibernating animal and barter it off to the highest bidder. This too would get old in no time, but it was making him wealth and that's what mattered. The pine marten was comfortable in his skin at the moment, swerving between people without any difficulties, enjoying a good, and wealthy lifestyle that he managed on his own with nobody to hold him down and nobody nipping at his tail. At the end of the day, his belly was full and life was good, and that's how he liked it regardless of the consequences. To him, he felt as though he was at the top of everything.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 12:44 am

Quote :

Aaliyah

Aaliyah stroked her fingers through her kittens thick fur, feeling the softness of the down beneath his upper coarse coat. He already looked like a fierce little cat, even if hardly being old at all. Snuggling himself into her, he peered our into the winter wonderland they were now situated in, sniffing the air and blinking constantly to rid of snowflakes falling onto his nose and eyes. She found it to be the most amusing thing he had done all week. Taking in the voices and scents that floated through town through few open windows or quick entrances and exits of doors, she wondered just what it was like to be here for a holiday. Aunt Sophia had given her an overview of it, of what it represented, but she couldn’t find her place within it. Not only was she half a refuge here with her son, but she had no family to share time with. Her cub was all she had - Atticus couldn’t be considered honorary family at this moment in time. Shivering slightly, she thought about walking around the village to warm her legs or simply go inside when footsteps in the fresh snow alerted her predatory senses. She wrapped an arm around her kitten, eyes glued on the path ahead. But when Atticus was the one who came close enough to see in the snow, brown and red fur peering underneath the snowflakes fallen upon his hide, her voice caught in her throat. Even moreso when he spoke to her, stepping up onto the porch to speak with her. They hadn’t hardly seen each other in the time Aaliyah had been there, let alone speak to one another. She rushed for words, trying to talk through the knot that tied itself in her throat. “I, um… Thank you,” she finally said, moving her hand back to stroke her cub’s back. She saw Atticus’ eyes flicker to him for only a moment, then to her, and finally averting his gaze entirely. Other than the shame overwhelming her, she didn’t blame him for feeling uncomfortable. She felt just the same. Swallowing roughly, she stood to her feet and held her cub snug in her arms, keeping the distance he chose from her. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry, before anything else,” she murmured, eyes cast to the worn wooden panels of the porch. “There’s too much for me to apologize for, but I want to say sorry for now. I...normally don’t feel the need to say it but I think you deserve it now. I’ve made life difficult for everyone here, messing up the normal lifestyle they’ve made here.” She laughed nervously, blue eyes scanning anything she could. “I just hope you won’t stay away forever, you know. N-Not as anything particular, but...you know more about this place than I do. I need to make my own living here if people will accept me and...and my son for who we are. I don’t want to consistently rely on others to keep me on my feet, literally and figuratively.” Closing her mouth and going quiet, her eyes flickered up to his face and studied it. Hardly had changed since the last time she had a chance to be close to him. It hurt to stand so close and have such a ravine between the both of them now. What would have happened if they hadn’t argued, if she had just accepted what he said before and let them take their own paths? Maybe he would have been happier that way. If she had anywhere else to go, she would, if only to take away the awkwardness they both seemed to feel. “Um… I guess I should introduce you,” she finally said, gesturing to the kitten who stared at Atticus with wide blue eyes, sniffing towards him. “I would tell you his name but...I don’t know what you would think. I think it’s best that I wait until after the holiday. But he’s here, and has his eyes open, so you might have him staring at you. Just thought you might like to have been properly introduced in that case.” She attempted a smile, albeit a bad one. Aaliyah deadly hoped he wouldn’t take the chance to run. “It’s as awkward to have him here as you feel. We float in the same boat, in his case. I’m… Im sorry it all happened so suddenly.”

Quote :

Theodemar

Finishing up the quick breakfast he created, Theodemar hummed a tune to himself about ice carvers in the mountain air as he split the meal into two separate plates. He had really truly questioned if he should get a children’s plate for her as a tease on how small she was, but he figured it was best saved for children that would enjoy it more. He and her could have matching plates and it worked just fine for them. He placed the plates at the table and set the silverware out before he made his way into Angeline’s room. He felt like he lumbered about in such a space, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. She had made her home cozy, in fact maybe too cozy if he was so relaxed being here. He almost hated having to undo her rolled into his warm blankets, but she would feel warm with the fireplace and a hot breakfast to wake up to. She was still adorable when she slept, a true angel in a cloud. “Angeline,” he murmured into her ear, rubbing her shoulder gently, “time to get up, good morning.” Theo couldn’t quite keep the smile off his face. She was such warmth in this time of cold. “You have some warm food to eat. The village is so quiet, but I’ve heard talks of the festival thing today, so I didn’t want you to miss out in case it started earlier than I would assume.” He spoke softly, hoping not to startle her awake or force her to be fully attentive. It was not the way to start out a day for sure. “You seem like the type that would want to be up at dawn for a festivity.”

Quote :

Lythedh

Lythedh was lost in his thoughts, hardly hearing anything outside of his own head. Trying to figure out financial solutions for these exotics was no easy feat, and nothing enjoyable either. He just wanted to enjoy some hunts with his woman and feel the wind in his fur. However when a balcony door opened and Persefoni was beside him, he managed to peel his gaze from the herd in the distance to the much better sight before him. Her comment even brought a small chuckle out of him despite wanting to keep himself focused on the task at hand. “I’m afraid the fire that burns within will never dim,” he mused, before she spoke of the agreement. The blasted contract. Why did things have to be so professional nowadays where scams were so hard to commit and get away with? It was ridiculous and too complicated. Sighing, he straightened and ran a hand down his face. “I don’t trust her entirely either. I can’t get a good reading of her because she seems to keep jumping from topic to topic regarding her deals and doesn’t go outside of that often. Very professional and sleek. Good for worthless lords and nobility, poor for people like us. I don’t know what we are going to do. But, discussing it is the best choice. However I don’t think you would survive two more seconds out here with just that robe.” Smiling slyly, he stepped forward to slide his arm around her waist and bring her back through the door she came through, shutting it securely behind them. “What is our first course of action? I’m sure she expects an answer soon, but if we don’t want to be paying her as much as she requests, how will we make it so we get a lower cost but higher quality and quantity of exotics on our land? We almost need to make an investment deal. We invest in her business and she offers amazing stock in reply. A once a year payment or something.” Walking to the closet, he rubbed his arm to attempt at warning himself before changing into a nicer black dress shirt and wolf cloak overtop as well as some pajama pants to insulate his poor walking limbs. When he was warmer he walked back to his lover, sitting on the edge of the bed with a curious look towards her.

Quote :

Khiana

Khiana was beyond intrigued by the variety of merchants that lined the streets, even moreso by the simple lack of merchants even selling. It seemed this town held its population of hibernating creatures quite well, still skimming its teeth to survive but doing it nonetheless. Such a quaint little town to amuse herself with. Strolling through and checking every place she could to get some truly wicked deals, she was beginning to feel hungry, a twisting incher gut alerting her that she needed sustenance to continue her venture in business. Her gaze and walk had begun to migrate to the food stalls, checking the produce of slow merchants and asking prices of the next. When she reached the end of the stalls, she was no less surprised to see a man selling a bundle of food for a higher price than she was expecting. Was it worth the coin? It didn’t look all that different than what the others were selling, but something told the male that it was valuable. It caught her attention, enough so that she approached him with an adder’s smile. “An expensive piece of sustenance, if I do observe,” she mused, crossing her arms and tapping her fingers on her arm. “What makes this better than the others?” Perhaps he didn’t use a stall as the food was fake, bait for something else or a larger stock elsewhere that he moved place to place. She found her best dealers when they stood out to a certain crowd or implied specific purchases with a certain item upon their table. This could very likely be the same. Even if not, she could amuse herself by belittling the man for holding so little respect for himself that he would openly sell. Maybe one of the empty stalls was his, though. She really could not be sure. What she did know however was she was amused for the time being, enough to keep her from turning on a heel and buying whatever she felt like before calling it quits. Adventuring the markets was so much more fun.

Last edited by Pumpkin Cup on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: