Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

Animals Within - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Ameya

His metallic blue eyes followed the door as it crept shut, feeling a little woozy from the long trek. His ankle was a bit twisted and he felt it throb. He brushed the back of his sweaty neck and resisted the urge to groan as not to worry the girl. She was already worked about his condition. Frankly this was more important; he'd be fine. Her appreciation caused him to smile at least, even if he saw it coming. "Don't worry...and here you can sit over here..." Laying his hand gently on her back, the man led her into the kitchen. Careful on her leg, he brought her in slowly and sat her down at the wooden dining table. It had about four seats, all of which were handmade. He had helped carve a few of them himself. So while the girl rested on the chair, he slipped into the kitchen cupboards and rummaged them for supplies. He took up a poultice of Yarrow and prickly pear cactus to stop the bleeding, and he took up some bandages for the occasion. He ran some of them under warm water. When they soaked, he twisted the cloth so the access water dribbled into the sink. "Where do you come from?" He asked her breathlessly.
Then he turned and stepped back to her and weakly knelt by her leg. Atticus leaned in to examine the wound's state. There was some dirt on her pants. Bits of the wound was crusted. It seemed to have sat for a little too long. This would not be easy...it was probably infected already. He breathed in through his lips and he breathed out again, glancing up at her for permission. "I hope you weren't too attached to these jeans but I have to separate it from the wound..." He assured her softly. Setting the materials aside, he stood to grab a pair of metal scissors from the counter. It seemed Aunt Sophie was making something with them, but he needed them now. Atticus came back to his knees and he looked back at her with the scissors in his hands. Gently inching in, he slipped the scissors into the farthest hole in her jeans and cut it slightly up and around. The scissors cut the jeans leg high on her thigh. Then he gingerly peeled the material off the wound. From the sound of it, it would be a bit painful. He winced internally, watching the blood drizzle down the side of her leg. Immediately, he took up the other cloth and brushed the blood away. Atticus readied the next cloth over the wound, which would take some of the infection. As if sensing the tension, he held his breath, staring at her. "Just tell me when, I'll be as careful as I can...it will hurt..."

Quote :
Dean Marten
Tags: Pandereos Fox

As he scurried over the branches as a mischievous weasel, Dean beamed. For some while the fox seemed completely unaware but that suddenly changed. He lost track of him. How did that happen? Swerving his head around to get a better look, it seemed like thee fox had completely disappeared into the underbrush. Well that was disappointing but he supposed he had just gone off on a different path. The pine marten stood on his haunches as he stretched out on top of the branches, still scanning the forest below without a clue. "Must've buggered off," he muttered to himself. "Eh, oh well." Returning about his business then, the pine marten planned to head back to his den for the night or snatch a squirrel and steal its burrow. Either of those options were ideal. Problem was, he wasn't too hungry after that partridge but oh well he supposed he could eat it later or he could use the practice. Picking meat from his teeth again, he started his humming up again and continued on his merry way, unaware of the fox stationed in the brambles below.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Quote :
Ameya White : Tags: Atticus

Seeing the small smile spread over the mans face made the young woman feel a bit more at ease, though it didn't take her mind off of her brother. His life was hanging on a single thread, taking a hand up to her face Ameya brushed a few strands of hair back and behind her ear. Breathing in a softly, she held it for a moment before exhaling gently 'He'll be okay...' she told to herself as her hands curled into fists. Soon the stag began to speak again. Nodding her head in response she began to head towards the kitchen on her own. However, the sound of the man's footsteps and the feeling of his hand gently pressed against her back caused her to stop for a moment as an odd sensation rolled over her. She'd never felt such a gentle touch from a male before.... it was, quite different. He took such care in helping to get her to the kitchen and in the chair. Once seated, Ameya situated herself to where she wasn't putting much pressure on her wound. Her teeth were slightly gritted from the pain, and her hands balled up into fists. She didn't realize how uncomfortable it would be to sit. As she sat there, she listened and watched as the man gathered the supplies he needed to dress her wound. Looking away for a moment, Ameya began admiring the furniture. The small tribe in which she lived didn't have such nice things, they had what they needed and that was it. Running her hand over the edge of the wooden table Ameya listened as the young stag asked her a question. "T-The valley... at the base of the mountain... I believe it's east of here?" her voice trembled a bit from the pain. As he returned to her side and knelt down she felt an amused chuckle roll from her lips, it shocked her she could laugh when she was in such pain. "Clothing can be replaced, my leg can't be." She told him. The girl was trying her best to stay calm and stoic like her father always insisted she be but that was a difficult task when you've basically lost your entire herd and almost lost your leg in the process. One thing was for sure, this doe wasn't a fragile flower at least not with physical pain. "If you need to freshen the wound by removing some of the hardened skin at the edges, I can endure it." She told him her blue eyes gazed down at him. She knew very little about medicine, it was something her father felt was not needed for her to learn. Though, Ameya felt all deer should know such a helpful skill. Sitting silently she watched as the red deer stood from his knelt position and walked back over to the counter to get something to help cut her jeans away from her wound. Soon he was back down in front of her and beginning to cut away at the fabric. Once the material was able to be removed, Ameya watched as the lad began gently removing the fabric, well as gently as he could. Where the blood had dried to her skin as well as on the fabric it began to pull the gaping flesh causing her face to contour a little. Her hands squeezed the edges of the chair as she watched him quickly rub away some blood and ready the next cloth which was to help pull the infection out. "Mhm," She hummed softly before speaking up, "Don't worry I can stay strong for a bit longer." She told him as she took in a deep breath and breathed out, preparing herself for the pain to come. Looking away from the man her eyes traveled towards the living room and the door which concealed her brother behind it. The image of his paling nose and drooping ears was stuck in her mind. Memories of the fawn bounding around her asking her question upon question about her pelt and why father treated her like a buck. His silly jokes and goofy reactions to insects. An ache filled her chest as she turned her attention back to the lad doctoring her leg. She didn't want to break down in tears, everything was going to be fine Akin would be back up and playing like before in no time.

Quote :
Pandareos Fox : Tags: Dean

A grin slide over the sligh foxes faces as his eyes spotted the little pest up in the trees. His sneaky behavior before seemed to have left the weasel as he lost sight of the predator below. 'lunchtime.' he thought to himself as he licked his lips. It wasn't often he found himself a meal without Persefoni controlling his every move. Darting out of the bushes as soon as the rodents attention had been pulled away, Pandareos rushed at the tree the Martin was in and darted up its trunk like a cat. Within a few short moments, the fox was sitting on a limb opposite of the prey. "Well well well, looky what I found." a large toothy grin spread across the foxes face as he inched closer. Pandareos was a rather fast fox and if it wasn't for that and his superb sneaking skills Persefoni would have probably skinned him out years ago.

Quote :
Persefoni Black : Tags: Lythedh

His smile caused Persefoni to grin, he was quite pleased with her and to her knowledge, the two of them has quite similar interests. "Aw, that's a pity I was looking forward to ruling the world with such a handsome beast like yourself. After all, you already seem to be a man that has the world crawling beneath his fingertips." She teased him, "You needn't worry, love. I won't sully your reputation and you'll see in time my worth, I promise you that." She grinned at him before sending him a seductive wink. Turning her attention back to the mansion before her the panther began wondering about admiring what the entryway had to off before moving on to the next room. Feeling his tail tap against her flank caused her fur to ruffle a bit, she wasn't use to this touching business and he seemed to do it often whether it was the brush of his fur along her side or the feeling of his tail trailing along her legs or flank. Normally, it was her making the moves while the male sat back and enjoyed her temptation. Quite the nice change of pace...  "Yes, I believe your new wing would do wonders for the estate and ourselves." She smiled, "Your reputation will grow for sure." she added as her paws silently traveled over the floors. "Becoming lost is not in my nature." She informed him with a soft chuckle. "I don't mind wondering the halls of your estate with you, nor do I mind wondering them alone. If you have business to take care of then please tend to what needs tending too, my love." She smiled at him somewhat sweetly before eyeing a guard which paused, pure shock and fear flowed over his face. "P-Per." he started to say her name. "My my my what do we have here... a little mountain lion who's lost his way?" A flash of excitement rushed over her black muzzle as her paws swiftly carried her over towards this guard.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Ameya

As he lifted up his gaze, he first noticed her hands tightening into fists because of the sharp pains, but she was taking it well. Her response about her home caused the man to nod his head. He looked at her briefly. Atticus knew there were a few casted herds throughout the base of the mountain. They were not very common, however, there have been a handful of villagers from that area. "Oh...I know where that is, roughly...there are a few herds in those parts..." He inquired quietly. "...What is your name...?" The point of these questions was to take her mind off of her brother for a little while. It also helped keep her mind clear of pain. The man personally knew some people who could fall into shock from an experience like this, keeping someone talking through it seemed to help. But after that discussion, he gave his input about removing the skin. He was impressed she would have offered such a thing. "Don't worry, the wound doesn't seem bad enough for that. It has been torn, not burned. The skin is still alive so I don't need to remove it unless it's necessary..." He murmured to her quietly, holding the antiseptic cloth amidst his fingers. He waited for a few moments for the girl to compose herself. He could see the shift in her expression. Then with her assurance to cleanse the wound, Atticus inched in even closer. He set his hand very lightly on her leg. He rubbed the cloth around the wound first. Then he applied it directly to the wound, being as thorough yet gentle as he could. Eventually the cloth became red with her blood. At that point, the incisions were clean enough to bandage and Atticus applied the two poultices to stop the bleeding. He would wait a second or two for them to settle. "I'm impressed you got so far with this wound..." He told her with a comforting smile, his hand lingered on her leg. "Is this the only one you have?" He asked her. "Whatever you need, we can get it for you."

Quote :
Dean Marten

Causally prancing over the twigs and branches, seeming to care less, Dean suddenly flicked his ear as he heard vicious scampering up the nearest tree. He could hear the texture being stripped from the trunk. Then his large branch wiggled as a massive weight was added to his post. All the meanwhile, the pine marten remained exceptionally coolheaded. He found himself glancing into the slit pupils of a fox. The fox's hungry words rolled into his round ears and forced Dean to raise a brow. Shrewdly grinning, he slid his back foot behind as he circled to face the fox in all his glory. A casual, thick voice left his sharp-toothed smirk. "G'day, mate. I don't s'ppose you're talking about me, are ya?" Dean played confidently. He tilted his head ever so slightly. "Can't we go about our own ways? You do whatever foxes do and I'll do what I do." He offered up charmingly. He flashed another grin as he lowered his chin and then said, "it'd be a darn shame to tarnish that rep of yours..." Watching the fox right across the branch from him, he did not seem the slightest bit concerned. "I bet I'm no good to you dead, mate..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 9:03 pm

The elk shift looked worried as the door swung open, and on instinct he reached out as though to help her from falling, but quickly retracted his arms after seeing her right herself. Yet once his eyes caught her in full view, his face flushed red. He wouldn’t have expected her to be wearing such lazy clothes...wait, she was at her own home, of course she would be. But he had only seen her in outer wear, so he supposed he shouldn’t have been so surprised. He was so lost in looking at her almost content state that he blinked a few times to come back down to earth. Her words came to him, and he laughed nervously along with her, his hand setting on the back of his neck. His eyes trailed from her beautiful strawberry blonde hair to her bright eyes, keeping his gaze in hers. Even if it made his heart race anxiously. “Oh, hi Angel, I-wait, Angeline, sorry, sorry, wow I’m sorry, I’m so uncoordinated today.” He grinned, trying to hide his pounding heart that drowned out almost anything else. “I, uh...well...” Shoot, what did he come here for? Something important obviously. Something important that completely left his mind. What could be his cover? Shoot, shoot, shoot. “Uh, uh...I just wanted to come see you.” Dumb! And he hardly knew her. “Just to uh, know you better, right! I didn’t want to interrupt you, but I just thought...I just thought I might get to know you since I don’t know anyone else other than Atticus, and I feel as though I need to make my own mark and friends before I face him again...drama aside, I thought we could hang out.” A million words later, and finally he landed what he meant. He was so used to communicating with guards that he was stuck with anyone under them.

Something about her praise and respect in him caused him to puff his chest out a bit, and the tiger continued to grin, soaking in every moment of it. After all, it wasn’t often that he was showered with such attention. He let out a growl of a purr again, letting her finish her statement and found great amusement in it. ”I look forward to seeing that promise fulfilled. You will do wonders for my title and my overall worth. One day, perhaps we will make everyone bow cowardly at our feet. It all starts with the infiltration and technique of a tricky panther at my side.” He did enjoy that she took in the manor next, perhaps planning where her trophies would display proudly and where she would change things. He hadn’t redone the home in a long time, he realized. She had come at a good time; she could really show him how to show both of their potentials to all visitors, young and old, new and repeated, and make an impact to everyone that dared to challenge them, like she said. They would know the punishment from the beginning, if things were placed right. It sent such a ripple down his skin that he had to pause. It did not last long, but it was enough to enlighten his imagination for a moment. The next, a guard of his was startled by the appearance of his newest alliance of the Estate, and the tiger was intrigued greatly, forgetting all previous thoughts. He followed his panther, though stayed a few paws distance away, observing the interaction with a newfound smirk upon his face. “Oh? Is this an old acquaintance of yours, my panther?” he mused, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth as he watched, studying.

The creature had been following the scent of a distressed deer, following at only a brisk pace far beyond the aging trail. It had surprised them, but the information left in the residue of the animal interested them. They followed until they saw the edge of the village, and paused, seeing the stag through the trees and the lack of blood or any real danger to him specifically. Once he was out of sight, the creature let out a breath, before vanishing again, weaving between the forest line until the village was only vague colors between the bark.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Quote :

Catching the man nod his head in response, the doe returned her full attention to him. For the moment her brother's health faded in the background. "I'm surprised, not many do... My father's tribe was one of the largest there up until a year ago." She informed him before falling silent for a moment. "Ameya White...and you?" She asked her head slightly tilted as she asked, curiosity trailed her lips. Noticing the look on the man's face from her suggestion cause a small embarrass look to roll over her. "You didn't expect a doe to make such suggestion, did you?" She asked him though it embarrassed her slightly she also felt somewhat amused. Raising her brow as she looked down at him, her body felt somewhat numb which was a bit of a relief with the pain. However, that numbness was just a tease of relief and only became noticeable when the man placed the antiseptic cloth against the wound and began to gently rub. Against the raw flesh, it felt like he was dragging sandpaper through it causing her legs to tense from the pain as well as her teeth to clench. Leaning her head back Ameya stared at the ceiling. She could hang in there, it would be over soon enough. Once the cloth had been stain red and the wound thoroughly cleaned the doe relaxed. Finally, the worse of it was over, sweat was dripping down her forehead. Lastly, the man applied the herbal mixture he'd created earlier, it stung but that pain settled and began soothing the wound. Listening to the stag complement her perseverance the doe smile a bit weakly, "When you have something precious to protect you'll do anything to get that one to safety no matter the cost." She told him as her eyes trailed back over to the door. Her mother was a doctor, she'd watched her work often... the same sickening feeling rolled in her gut as her eyes rested on the door. That is until the brunette began to speak again, "As far as I'm aware this was the only wound I received." she told him as she began checking herself over a little from where she sat, she had small bumps and bruise but nothing that needed medical attention. Looking back at the red stag, Ameya nodded her head with appreciation, "Thank you... That's very kind of you." Feeling a wave of dizziness come over her Ameya's brows furrowed for a moment as her head dropped down a little. lifting her left hand to her forehead, she was exhausted but Ameya wasn't about to sleep not with Akin in the state that he was in. She would wait until his little eyes were open again to rest herself.  

Quote :

Taking slow and small steps towards the marten, Pandareos chuckled hungrily as his tongue slid across his lips. It seemed the Weasel had quite a bit of confidence saved up in his juicy body. His thick Australian accent was peculiar, but not enough to keep the fox from wanting to eat him alive. "Do you see anyone else on this branch?" He asked as he took another step forward, his claws dug into the branch. The pest next suggestion caused the fox to chuckle with amusement "I am doing what foxes do." He repeated as he continued to prowl forward, "Tarnish my rep? Pfft, eating a little weasel like yourself wouldn't hurt my reputation in the slightest." He growled with a smirk pulling at his lips. Pausing for a moment as the marten's last words touched his ears, "And what good could a meal like you be to me alive?" he questioned somewhat curiously.

Quote :

"Yes, love... A great disappointment I might add as well." She snarled as the man began backing up, fear clearly in his eyes as he stumbled away from her. "Oh my, and where do you think you're going, dear? Have I dismissed you? No, I don't believe I have." Picking up her pace, the Panther leaped at the guard and pinned him to the ground. The man didn't fight back he knew what was coming, instead, he thought begging for his life was the best option. "P-p-please m'lady I- I-..." As his words filled Persefoni's ears her claws began to sink into the cracks in his armor. Feeling her sharp claws against his skin the man let out a fearful squeal. "Begging? Oh my my my.... You make me want to kill you even more. Now, why did you leave your posts dear? Hmmm? To come here and live a 'Better life'" she questioned as she let her claws sink into him a little more. blood began to seep from his neck and down over the floor. "N-N-N" the mountain lion stuttered only further inticing Persefoni as well as slightly irritated her, "Love? Do you remember how well this one faired in his training?" She asked Lythedh as her pale blues rolled back at him. Killing him here without much of a fight was somewhat boring seeing him actually fighting for his life against her would be rather thrilling and she wanted to see what her tiger's thoughts on it would be. "If you can't recall then how about a little hunt within the mansion?" She asked as she nocked the guard helmet off, the young lad's golden hair fell about his face, his jade green eye wide with fear. He'd crossed Persefoni once before and thought he'd get away with it too.

Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 am

Quote :
Atticus Cross
Tags: Ameya, Sophia Roe

He was a little curious over her backstory, after all, not many deer called their herd a tribe. Of course, not many called themselves a village either but it made him wonder how she got separated from them. Evidently, her name was Ameya White. She must be a white-tail like her brother then. "I'm Atticus, Atticus Cross." He introduced softly. Odds were, it was a tragic ending. This was not the place nor the time to bring it up. As he allowed the poultice to settle on the girl's wound, he gave a little smirk to her comment about hearing such a thing from a doe. He might not have put it that way, which caused him to chuckle a bit. "Oh no-no. Believe me, a doe can make those suggestions. I didn't expect them to come from you is all." Slightly dabbing the fabric over the blood, he chuckled again at the thought. His mother was a pretty savage lady back in the day. His Aunt used to joke that she had bigger antlers than any of the stags in the village. Even they'd admit it at times. A loving smile left his lips at the thought of his mother and Atticus examined his work. Taking up a bandage, he draped it over Ameya's upper thigh, lifted up her leg a little and dressed the wound. It was tight but he made sure she wouldn't feeling in her leg. The girl was beginning to settle down the minutes afterwards. He was relieved to see some tension in the room fading. The man nodded his head very serenely to Ameya's next choice of words. "When you have something precious to protect you'll do anything to get that one to safety no matter the cost." No truer words were ever spoken. Atticus knew she had the same perspective on family that he had then. He allowed it to sink into his mind for a second or two before the girl assured him that she didn't have any other wounds to worry about. Atticus slowly began to stand. A breath entered into his lungs just as he made his way to his feet and he was about to ask if she would like some tea or food after her travel. But he was interrupted by the bedroom door. His eyes met with his Aunt's, who immediately locked glances with him as she entered. Knowing her well, his heart slowly began to sink.

Aunt Sophia Roe took only a few steps outside the door. She quietly entered and looked at them from inside the kitchen. She gingerly gestured Ameya to talk with her privately in the living room. She was very gentle and calm as she pulled the girl aside.

Quote :
Angeline Gray
Tags: Theodemar

The two of them were red-faced and embarrassed at this point, standing like two babbling idiots. Angeline giggled at the small slip of 'Angel', which she found to be the cutest thing. Nibbling at her lip and bashfully eyeing the ground to what he had to say, the girl suddenly perked up to the suggestion of hanging out. Hanging out? Was he being serious? From that moment, a sparkling smile slipped over her lips. All of the shyness flooded away instantly. "Hang out? Hanging out? Yeah I'd love to!" The girl practically at the idea and lingered at the door for only a moment longer. "Let me get dressed real quick, one second okay! I promise I'll be fast!" In a second, Angeline dashed back into her bedroom, throwing off her shirt and pants. They were carelessly dropped to the floor. She hustled into some white jeans and a light pink near transparent shirt with a white tank top below it. It took a minute or two before she was slipping on white slip-on shoes, and raced back to the doorway. Angeline was practically bounding for joy at this point. She bubbled up. "Okay! Where are we going to go??" She brushed some strawberry blonde hair from her cheek. "I'm literally up for anything, like anything. We could go on a trail, we could play a game, we could do anything. I'm up for it!"[/size]

Quote :
Dean Marten

The bugger really thought he was getting something? He owed him a drink first in the very least. The confidence in this fox was utterly amusing though and it was enough to spark more spite in Dean. "Y'know, I had assumed foxes were intelligent at least a little but don't let my views put you down, eh!" Thrashing his tail with some excitement, the little weasel began to move the branch up and down with his weight. "And what good could a meal like you be to me alive?" A meal? HA! He could sure try. "Crikey! Do you always blabber like this or am I just unlucky?" Staring at the claws on the fox as he came in closer, the pine marten continued to waver the branch with his smug grin growing in size. "Right! Let's go then, mate!" Dean's feet lurched out and in an instant, he swept right under the fox's jaws. He could feel the waft of hot breath on his fur. From the way he clambered back to the tree, someone could easily mistake him for a squirrel. There was no way that fox was catching him, not Dean. "Time to make a meal of me! I'm waiting then!"
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 am

Quote :

As the stag shared his name Ameya tipped her head in greeting, it was nice knowing the name of the stranger who saved her and her brother. He continued to speak softly until that is, he started to chuckle at her previous assumption. "Oh no-no. Believe me, a doe can make those suggestions. I didn't expect them to come from you is all." this comment puzzled the doe, why? what was it about her that made that suggestion seem unfitting of her? Feeling his chuckles becoming a little contagious, Ameya allowed herself to relax a bit more and let a few chuckles of her own slip past her pink lips. It was interesting to see a male laugh and show such emotion and kindness. She watched as an affectionate smile washed over his face. Who was he thinking about? Obviously, someone he loved greatly. Sitting quietly Ameya admired Atticus as he examined his handly work on her wound. When he began to lift on her leg a bit, Ameya was quick to offer a bit of assistance she wasn't completely helpless. Holding her leg just up high enough for him to wrap her leg she held it there until he was finished. When Atticus stood her blue eyes followed him that is until she heard the door opening. Instantly she stood to her feet as her eyes shot to Sophia, the look on his Aunts face caused Ameya's stomach to twist her face paled. She knew that look, her mother had given the same expressions when a member of the tribe had passed. Limping into the living room somewhat slowly, the doe didn't want to hear what was coming next. "H-" She paused for a moment as she tried to compose herself "... He's gone isn't he." her voice shook as she spoke softly, the corners of her lips trembled.

Quote :

A smirk fell over the foxes muzzle, "Little man you're one to talk." he said with a chuckle, what the weasel said next caused the fox to laugh, "Ah, you're just unlucky my friend." He stated as he continued towards him. With the branch moving due to the little critters bouncing, he knew exactly what the marten was trying to do. However, his little attempts weren't going to work with this fox. About that moment the Martin darted towards him, oh? well, maybe he wasn't exactly trying to shake the fox off the branch, clever. As the prey slipped under his chin he snapped his teeth as the Marten slipped under and around the fox all Pandareos was able to get was very few strands of his fur from the tip of his tail. Turning around on the branch his jade green eyes stared at the seemingly witty meal, he wasn't blind with panic like other prey were. "Ah, you're actually going to be a challenge? Interesting and what may your name be witty marten?" He asked almost seeming to lose interest in eating him. He wasn't one to fight for his meals, he'd rather them come easy. Of course, every great once in a while a good chase wasn't beneath him.

Quote :

"Yes, love... A great disappointment I might add as well." She snarled as the man began backing up, fear clearly in his eyes as he stumbled away from her. "Oh my, and where do you think you're going, dear? Have I dismissed you? No, I don't believe I have." Picking up her pace, the Panther leaped at the guard and pinned him to the ground. The man didn't fight back he knew what was coming, instead, he thought begging for his life was the best option. "P-p-please m'lady I- I-..." As his words filled Persefoni's ears her claws began to sink into the cracks in his armor. Feeling her sharp claws against his skin the man let out a fearful squeal. "Begging? Oh my my my.... You make me want to kill you even more. Now, why did you leave your posts dear? Hmmm? To come here and live a 'Better life'" she questioned as she let her claws sink into him a little more. blood began to seep from his neck and down over the floor. "N-N-N" the mountain lion stuttered only further inticing Persefoni as well as slightly irritated her, "Love? Do you remember how well this one faired in his training?" She asked Lythedh as her pale blues rolled back at him. Killing him here without much of a fight was somewhat boring seeing him actually fighting for his life against her would be rather thrilling and she wanted to see what her tiger's thoughts on it would be. "If you can't recall then how about a little hunt within the mansion?" She asked as she nocked the guard helmet off, the young lad's golden hair fell about his face, his jade green eye wide with fear. He'd crossed Persefoni once before and thought he'd get away with it too.

. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Quote :
At her agreement, Theodemar's grin brightened by an inch and he suddenly felt thrilled to spend his day with her. All of that stuttering nonsense paid off, somehow. Rubbing his neck still, he watched her speed off, laughing under his breath. She was faster than she seemed, but it made sense for such a little deer. She was used to cutting corners, controlling her speed to escape huge predators. He didn't have that luxury. But it was quite adorable to see just how fast she could go under a time limit. Removing his hand from his neck, he let his hands hang, and luckily she was indeed back rather fast, looking even prettier than before. His face reddened again, not used to seeing it, but he smiled at her nonetheless and kept his eyes from wandering too much. He considered himself more decent than some of the fellows he left behind. Yet he couldn't help push one last strand behind her ear after her, feeling her soft hair brush against his roughened fingertips just for a moment. "I think a trail would be perfect!" he exclaimed. "I'm not well trained in the area just yet, so I'm sure you know one. Well, of course you know one, you live here." His smile burst into a grin. "It would give us a great chance to talk and tell stories. I'm sure I have many I could share with you." Turning out to the road, he offered her his arm, ready to spend hours by her side.

Quote :
A disappointment? In his guard? Inconceivable. Lord Lythedh puffed out a sad breath from his muzzle, but he took it back when Persefoni was suddenly upon the disgrace. Something thudded within as he watched blood trickle to the floor, the smell tinging his nose pleasingly. He normally was the one to be attacking those unworthy, but to see someone else take charge was something he didn't know he had wanted. He was quite enjoying the performance, and had sat down to let her take the floor, until she addressed him. How did the boy fare? He thought back to when he went through guard training, and did remember him. "I can recall a short bit," he purred to the panther, his tail curled around his legs. "Always stayed in the back, never got a chance to see how he actually beat other guard trainees. He somehow only escaped with few scratches, but I'm sure if he were still up to par, he wouldn't be keeping himself pinned pathetically. Wouldn't you say?" He chuckled, investigating his claws as he unsheathed them. "If the boy was still worth his position, he'd be fighting for it. A little chase would be a wonderful end to his story." His eyes trailed back up to his company slyly. "And a glorious new addition to the foyer, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe
Tags: Ameya, Atticus

Hearing the limp as the girl came to her feet, questioning whether or not the fawn died, Sophia was slow and delicate to respond. When she had spoken her words, she sounded like a mother would and she came forward. Her soft eyes landed on the girl. "He was very brave," she whispered, setting her hand on Ameya's shoulder. The sorrow filled her chest, knowing how difficult moving on from this would be. It was even worse, considering how young the little fawn was. Yet despite her own grief from stating these things, she remained strong. Aunt Sophia recalled the small fawn bundled weakly on her bed. His breathing was frail when he arrived and eyes hardly opened; she made him comfortable in his last moments, humming to him sweetly, and rubbing the soft fur on his head. She had seen her fair share of death and she helped him pass quietly. "I did all I could for him..." Aunt Sophia whispered to her tenderly. "You did too, honey..."

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She sweetly parted her lips and smiled as Theodemar stepped in to push a strand of hair behind her ear. Her cheeks seemed to glow from the gesture and she looked at him with a light in her eye. Her gaze met his own just before he mentioned a trail walk; that would be perfect he told her. "I know a place or two!" Angeline beamed, hearing his offering about sharing stories and adventures. How exciting! She could not wait. She stepped into the sunlight, feeling the cool breeze brush against her skin. Theo had offered his arm for her to take, but a happy giggle fell off her lips by it. She totally would take it except for one thing. "That would take forever!" With a laugh, the girl shifted into her little brocket and leapt toward the trail with more joy than she could show. It was quite some ways away in human form. Her lean legs carried her a few feet before she swung back around and exclaimed. "C'mon, Theo, it'll be fun!" Her ears perked up as her giggles turned to a sweet smile.[/size]

Quote :
Dean Marten

The close encounter caused him to anticipate some sort of quarrel. His eyes fell onto the fox with a grin. Scampering around a branch, he hung off the side and leaned against the bark with a suave gleam off his teeth. For a second, Dean eyed his claws and flicked his brow at the fox's suggestion. "Name's Dean Marten. Yourself, mate?" He inquired charmingly. His attention went from his claws back to the slit eyes of the predator and his curious expression. He had to hand it to the bloke, he did not expect a fox to be so comfortable in the trees. Foxes were sure to climb but that was usually at a last resort and this fox did not seem hungry enough. "You seem quite slick on your feet chap." He said with a smirk.

Quote :
Raziel Reneux
Tags: //

Escaping into the forest was easy business after she reached her first tree. Clambering there now, the sugar glider made her way up the tree to the longest branch. When she came at its end, she leapt off and the air carried her place to place. Her tail lashed to take her in different directions. She hopped from tree to tree with the sun beating down from the sky. Before long, she was deep within the forest. Clinging to the largest tree now, her eyes grew exceptionally wide to the sound of large predatory wings. Realizing this was a dumb decision to make alone, the sugar glider violently scurried up the bark with all her momentum. If she could make it to the canopy, it would be safer for her. She made some ground but not before a small hawk came from her side. Its seemed to appear from nowhere and she had little to no time to react. Massive talons fell upon her frail form. Raziel gave a piercing cry as she was ripped from the tree and into its grasp; her teeth savagely dug deeply into the raptor's scaly feet with all the anger in the world as it took her higher and higher over the tree line. She squirmed and claws at anything she could grab ahold of. Within a few seconds, the sugar glider knocked herself free of the hawk, but she a gasp fell from her lips as she tumbled in air, unable to catch a hold of the wind to glide to saftey.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Quote :

Seeing the expression on Sophia's face how soft her eyes were and the gentle touch of her hand on her shoulder. She knew what was coming... The words she spoke hit her like a ton of bricks, her jaw clenched and her brow furrowed, a sorrowful 'tsk' left her lips as Ameya tried to compose herself, "T-Thank you." her voice trembled as she spoke softly. All the while she could hear Akin's little voice in her head telling her it was okay to cry. Turning from Atticus' Aunt Ameya limped towards the door where her brother laid behind resting in his eternal sleep. Pushing the door open, he doe's blue eyes fell on the fawn, he was curled up as if he was sleeping soundly. His pink nose had paled to a faded pinkish purple and his ears laid hanging on either side of his head. Slowly the girl limped over to the bed before sitting down on the edge of the mattress. Lifting her left hand up she gently placed it on his forehead and began gently stroking his cold body. "I'm sorry Akin... I couldn't keep my promise." She whispered softly to him as the tears finally started rolling down her cheeks. Leaning down to his lifeless body, Ameya kissed his forehead lovingly "Tell mom I love her, alright?..." She whispered. The pain of losing Akin was setting in now more than ever. Tears fell from her eyes and the sound of her sorrows slipped passed her lips, she wasn't able to contain this pain. She'd raised him after their mother's passing, losing him was like losing apart of her very being. This fawn showed her it was okay to smile and act on emotion instead of trying to act tough like their father. Memories of the little lad flowed through her mind as she sat there leaned over him crying. His silly antics, his blunt responses and his determination to see her every emotion that he could get her to express. He was so young why did he have to be taken away from her so soon... Her hands gripped the sheets as she tried to calm her. This pain was unbearable, and one she'd have to live with.

Quote :

The red fox watched as the Marten scamped up and around to the trunk of the tree to the next branch. "Name's Pandareos Fox... Nice to meet'ya partner." He said as he sat down on the branch. Watching the Marten's body language the fox swallowed and chuckled, "I'm not your average free-range fox" he stated as he eyed the rodent above him. "And from what I've seen, your not the average Pine Marten are ya." He asked as a grin slid over his fox muzzle. "Usually your kind flee in fear... But ya got some confidence there it's impressive I'll give ya that much." He stated as he glanced down at the forest floor. then back up at the Rodent.

Quote :
Himmat Lasiurus : Tags: Raziel

Hearing a painfilled squeak shooked the Lasiurus bat out of his deep slumber. Looking around in the dark of the trees hollow Himmat dropped from his hanging perch and glided to the opening. Using his claws for support, the young male bat glanced around, whatever it was must have gotten eaten pretty quick. As bat was about to turn away and go back to sleeping a heard something hit the leaves as it fell from the sky. "Hmm?" He hummed as he raised a brow and turned back to the opening of his hollow. Down from the sky came a flailing squirrel of some kind, its eyes were so wide he could make out its expression from where he stood. "...." for a moment, he wondered if he should save it or let it fall to its death. He hated being woken up it put him in a bit of a grumpy mood. "Ahh... Damn it..." He ruffled his fur out of irritation before taking flight out of the hole which he called home. Flying through the air and down towards the quickly falling squirrel the bat outstretched his little legs and grabbed ahold of her tail. As soon as his little claws wrapped around her tail he realized this was going to be a lot harder then he imagined. Flapping his wings furiously he tried to at least lower her to the forest floor

Quote :

Persefoni couldn't help but laugh at the response that graced her ears, "This boy knows better than to even attempt to fight back, he's witness what happens to those who defy me... he's watched me skin out his own brother." She laughed at the memory, "I still have his skin you know... He wasn't flashy enough for clothing but he made an excellent rug." She giggled as she removed her paw from his throat and traced his cheek. "Should I add you to my collection of floor mats? or maybe your fur is soft enough to be used as a blanket... or maybe you'd make a nice vest? Soo many possibilities." She grinned down at him as she leaned in a bit closer. Finally, the boy was starting to struggle she'd sparked a flame in his chest with the memory of his brother's death. "Oh my my, do you want to play now?" She giggled as she, "Y-you b****" he snarled up at her, "Oh honey it's not nice to call a lady such things. Should I bite your tongue off? Hmmm, it's tempting." She giggled as she allowed her claws to sink into his flesh deeper. Hearing what his lord was saying, the boy's eyes widened and only then did he truly start to fight back. He was given a small ray of light. Dodging a swing to the face Persefoni quickly removed her self from his chest, she preferred to chase him rather than kill him right there, it was more thrilling that way. She watched as the lad scooted backward on his rear before quickly jumping to his feet and darting down the hall. Slowly, Persefoni padded behind him following the small droplets of blood which trailed behind him. "I'll give you ten seconds of a head start Lathery... We all know how this is about to end.... " her sinister laugh filled the halls and echoed through the mansion.
Glancing back at her partner in crime she grinned, "Indeed my love, this guard deserves only a slow and painful death... And to decorate these halls. " she agreed before turning her attention back to the man as he slipped around a corner
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Quote :
Theodemar's face brightened as she knew a place. He expected it, but it was nice to get confirmation for it. He awaited for her arm to latch to his, but she certainly surprised him by leaping ahead as her shift, her little ears flopping as she bounded. He took a moment to take it in before laughing heartily, stepping off the porch and shifting swiftly into his larger elk form. She suddenly seemed so much tinier, and an ache hit him in his heart just for a moment. He almost preferred her in her human form - it was easier to feel closer to her. But, no matter, he told himself. She was still just as adorable. And he could protect her better too, with him being three times the size she was. That comforted the ache until he hardly felt it anymore. "Alright, I believe you! Hold your horns." He walked up to her, which only took a couple strides, flicking his ears happily. "Though I guess you've been doing that your whole life, huh?" he added cheekily, picking up a hoof and waiting for her guidance.

Quote :
The tiger continued to watch the interaction, greatly amused. He wouldn't have expected Persefoni to cause so much excitement in her first few minutes in his manor, but he certainly wasn't complaining. He needed something new, and his previous toy was so submissive that he was bored, almost to agitation. She couldn't take a few blows, that was for certain. His ears turned towards the guard at his curse, and he let out his own breathy chuckle. What a courage, but at least he seemed to be trying to fight, even with just his words. So he wasn't as worthless as he was before. He managed to slip away, with allowance, and his instincts made him want to rip him to ribbons, yet he had to hold back. That wouldn't be fun at all, and besides, it was Persefoni's prey, not his, to take. He watched the cougar man bolt away, and he padded up besides his future Lady, a sly grin across his maw as she spoke to him. "Make him bleed, my Persefoni. When all is said and done, we will be feasting on some delightful meat." He watched the cougar turn the corner and amused himself with thinking out how his panther was going to hunt down the man. He would get a taste for her tracking and hunting skills, something he wanted to see anyways. What a way to see it - getting her revenge on a betrayal.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

As the trembling girl found herself slipping into the bedroom to sit by her deceased brother's side, Sophia clenched her hands tightly to her chest; she could feel her own heart throb for Ameya. A pain travelled over her face as tears began to build. It was always so hard to witness another's pain; Aunt Sophia brushed her eyes to the floor and she rubbed her hands to keep the pressure at bay. 'Poor darling,' she thought mournfully. 'He was too young...too young...' Life was hard on the young sometimes but those stories always reached her heart the fastest. 'I pray she can accept his passing with time...' Nearly feeling the tears well in her eyes, Aunt Sophia suddenly felt Atticus's hand on her shoulder as a sign of sympathy. She rested her hand on his with a soft breath in. Feeling his company water down her grief, she glanced into the room; they were far enough away to give the doe and her younger brother the distance they deserved. A few sweet words were shared and then the girl clung to the bed with tears streaming down her face. Now that Ameya was buckling, Aunt Sophia entered the room quietly to give her comfort she couldn't get for herself. Walking in, sat very silently next to the girl and she offered her a hug.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Goodness he was massive! The puny brocket deer seemed to gaze up at a skyscraper when he shifted into his form. She couldn't help but laugh and love Theo even more for it though. With a rush of excitement, Angeline ran through his legs and bounded ahead to hear what he had to say. "Though I guess you've been doing that your whole life, huh?" What a goof. She pranced across the bits of grass emerging from the ground. Her little legs were filled with enough adrenaline to keep the pace with him. She loved this. "Pfft, haha, you are so weird!" Angeline laughed affectionately. Her big eyes sparkled up at his towering gaze. She swung under his lean leg as it was raised, taking up the offer to lead. She pranced up the rows of houses and outside shacks, and up the hill. The trail would be right into the forest there! Regretfully, she forgot this was the place most couples walk down but oh well - they could have fun anyway. A bit of a blush spread over her cheeks at the idea. Being a bit quieter now, she dashed under a few deer with a giddy laugh slipping her lips. "What's it like being so tall?" She called to him.[/size]

Quote :
Dean Marten

Quite a fancy name for quite the fancy fox; Dean gave a chuckle to the introduction and he dipped his head as a sign of mutual respect. It seemed this conflict would end in a discussion. That was a trait he was very good at too. Smirking again, the pine marten swished his tail at the comment. He gave a dazzling grin like he always did to a compliment. 'How quaint' he thought. "Usually your kind flee in fear... But ya got some confidence there it's impressive I'll give ya that much." "Too right, mate. S'pose nothing can get past those clever eyes of yours. You ain't too shabby yourself." Dean propped his weight against the trunk of the tree, noticing the fox slowly glance at the floor, giving a confident look in return. "What brings you to these parts, mate?" He questioned Pandereos. He licked his chops of the remaining blood from the bird he devoured earlier. "Been a few big cat around 'ere, best be careful."

Quote :
Raziel Reneux
Tags: Himmat

Flapping madly to catch some form of wind, the sugar glider spiraled into the tree line and right as she felt she was able to help herself, a flash of black and orange fur swept in. Small claws grappled onto her. She felt her weight slowly level out because of it. "WHOA! Whoa! Ça me fait chier!" The sugar glider exclaimed in French, flailing. She cussed again. She had no idea what had caught her, but she was busy trying to stay afloat rather than care. Whatever it was, she could deal with later. Feeling more confident now than before, she used her strength to kick off of the bat's grip and glide her way to the nearest tree. And when she was knocked off, she made her way to a small indent in the tree's truck to rest. Her heart beat madly and she panted. Her ears folded with somewhat glazed over eyes once she landed.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Quote :

Hearing the footsteps of someone coming up behind her, Ameya tried to get ahold of herself she had forgot she'd left the door open behind her. Pulling herself up away from her brother, the girl's redden blues landed on Sophia, she'd come to offer her comfort. When was the last time she received comfort form an adult? From a woman that was old enough to be her mother?... too long. Slowly, the girl inched into Sophia's arms for the comfort she was seeking. Tears continued to stream down the girl's cheeks but the volume of her crying was beginning to settle. With her arms wrapped around Sophia, she hugged her tightly, it almost felt as if she was hugging her mother. It was so familiar but at the same time unfamiliar it was strange how time was able to feel such pain and she knew with time this pain would subside. Akin wouldn't want her crying her life away, mourning his death till it would take her own. And she knew, the boy loved to see her smile, so she needed to smile for him. Sniffling as she held onto Atticus' Aunt the girl continued to try and get her barrings, she needed to send him off with her tribe's tradition to guide him to his new home where their mother and the rest of their herd was receding.

Quote :

"That's right" he chuckled, he never would have guessed he'd get a compliment from prey. 'What a nice change of pace.' he grinned a little. "I'm here on business." The fox stated as he watched the pine marten's body rest against the tree's trunk. "How about yourself?" he asked as he glanced at the forest undergrowth. "Yeah, one of those pig headed cats has a leash around my neck..." He growled at the reminder. "Best keep yourself scares when the panther shows herself. When she takes a fancy to little things like you, she doesn't let ya go." He told him an uncomfortable chuckle left his throat, oh how he hated Persefoni...

Quote :

Not understanding a word the little princess was saying Himmat rolled his eyes, "Well I could always drop you, Princess" he told her but just at the moment the pretty thing shook herself free and glided on over to the next tree. "Well look at that, you can glide... Now, why didn't you do that earlier instead of flailing about like a blind bird?" He continued to speak to her as he watched her scamper on down the trunk and into a crevice. Glancing around at the skies above the bat quickly flew on over to the squirrel. He wasn't familiar with flying squirrels which led to a bit of curiosity. One thing was for sure, that sassy thing had a temper.

Quote :

As her love walked up beside her flank and spoke such beautiful words it was like music to her ears. An excited sinister chuckle left her lips as she began down the hall. The boy had covered his wound so the blood wasn't leaving a trail but that didn't cover his scent. Prowling around the corner, Persefoni's eyes scanned the room. With perked ears, she listened for any sudden movements. Was he still in this room or had he slipped through to the next one, one thing was clear he had come this way his scent was sprayed about as if it was a type of air freshener. "You can run my cougar... but you can't hide..." She whispered as she chuckled, her lips were raised showing a toothy grin. His scent was getting stronger as she padded across the room. She was a bit curious, would the lad try and fight back? or would he just continue to run and hide like any other prey would.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Quote :
Theodemar kept his eyes on her the whole time she appeared from place to place, his grin sticking and staying as she did so. Her ears would ever so brush his fur at times, which tickled, but he had to make sure he accidentally didn't step on her. Yet he still loved when she darted around his larger legs. She was the most amusing person - or deer in this case - he had ever had the pleasure of being with. "You are too! Compared to an elk, you're like the complete opposite of me. Even down to your nonexistent horns." He laughed again, hardly able to resist the tease before he listened to her question as he trotted behind her happily. "I would tell you, but I don't know how it is being small! I can't tell the difference. But I can see over the heads of people, so there's that, and it's easier to run into things. Waaay easier. I've got little scuffs and scars on my flank because of it. But hey, it's fun in the long run to be tall! Especially when it comes to you. I wouldn't be able to keep you as safe without seeing the bad guys before they hurt you." Coming up beside her, his grin was beaming, his hooves picking up dirt just a tad as they went together. The village was nice to leave, as he needed some change of scenery. Buildings all looked the same after a while, and nature was his real calling if anything. He noticed she was able to duck under quite a few things that he wouldn't have even dreamed of, and it amused him to prove that she was indeed rather tiny. He could probably fit a hoof or a tail into those spaces. "How long is this trail? If it's not long enough, we may need to walk it again when we get there," he teased up to her. In honesty, he was hoping it was long. He could spend all day out here just being with her. Angeline was the best company.

Quote :
Lathery huffed breaths, running out of time and energy to keep running. The armor covering him helped nothing as he dragged himself along, clutching his neck and feeling the warm, sticky liquid coat his fingers. If it didn't close, he would pass out in no time, and he wanted to at least live long enough so others could say he tried. He rounded a corner and his shoulder slammed into the edge, causing his gleaming silver and red armor to clang and reduce his speed. Dangit, I have to be more careful, rushed through his mind. Should he shift? He would need to, but his wound would bleed...screw it. Shifting, he picked up speed, feeling the cold air rush into his wound. He cursed as the stinging caused him to wheeze in his breathing. He didn't have much time at all. Breathing deeply when he was able to, he burst through a pair of doors, running up a flight of stairs into the servant's quarters. He needed to escape, prove he was more than his brother. He would not become a rug, or a vest, or any of the other things the panther had mentioned. He was worth more than this...
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

With time, the girl fell into the warmth of arms and sobbed into her shoulder. The tears rolled down Ameya's cheeks endlessly as she wept, still finding courage to fight back the horrible grief which came so suddenly; Aunt Sophia embraced her lovingly in return, unable to express her endless sympathy. Sweetly rubbing her back to sooth her of her pain, all she could do was assure her it would be okay. If not now, then it would be okay eventually. Hearing her uneven breathing, she gently closed her eyes. She felt nothing but utmost confidence in this girl; a total stranger. This doe would end up okay if Sophia Roe had any say in it. Giving Ameya all the time she needed, the woman murmured into her ear sincerely, her voice was a gentle as a soft sunrise, "it will be alright..." She whispered to her lovingly, hoping to take as much of the girl's grief as she possibly could. This was a pain no one should have ever endured so young. Her gentle brown eyes casted into the sorrow of her own, before glancing back at the sweet fawn and his lifeless body. She would have never imagined such a thing would happen today. It was a horrible turn of events. A tender sigh fell from the woman's lips before she murmured to her once more, "honey...if I could take this pain from you...I would give anything to do so...but you need to be strong, darling...you need to be strong...I will be with you every step of the way though. You are not alone..."

Quote :
Angeline Gray

From an outside perspective, Angeline looked like a small fawn as she frolicked about the village. Her smile pushed further into her cheeks at his comment. Hearing the 'no horns' bit, she lifted her head ever so slightly as if she were trying to find them. Her ears fluttered back as she did so. "Hey! Who says I want antlers, you shed yours every year so you can't say much yourself!" Playfully, the grey brocket deer stuck her tongue out at him. Then she made a goofy face with a laugh and focused back on the road to the trail. Her legs picked up higher with her every step until she seemed to prance. "Oh well fair enough I guess," Angeline giggled at him. His explanation of height always seemed so funny to her. She knew what it was like to look around in human eyes but there was always something different when she looked around in her natural shape. She felt obligated to ask about the height and that was quite the answer. Glancing back at Theodemar, her ears came forward as she looked over the heads of the other deer to see him. Of course, he wasn't too hard to spot amidst them. Hearing his comment caused the small deer to make a soft sound of amusement. "No don't worry, it'll be fun. The trail is short but I'm sure we can do other things too!" Bouncing back on track, she giggled and smiled back at him. "What is it you do for fun?? I don't think I've ever asked you! I mean...you were a guard but do you have any ideas? I like to paint. I'm not very good thought but it's fun!"

Quote :
Dean Marten

The response peaked his curiosity, which was a first for Dean. He raked his claw along the bark and he gave a 'hm,' before making any attempts to reply. "Business? Ay, now that is a surprise..." His suave voice slowly fell away as he continued to ponder the idea of it. Perhaps Pandereos was a spy or some sort of messenger? He wondered some more. After all, his own answer was not exciting in the slightest. "Catchin' whiff of prey to be honest. I ain't much of a...station'ry marten. I wander." Flicking his ear to the sound of fluttering birds, the pine marten's attention was directed elsewhere while the fox talked about the cats. He paid keen attention to Pandereo's response however. It appeared he had run into them already. He wasn't a dead fox, so that was an improvement of the norm. "Panther you say...heh...I ain't to worried myself, mate, but thought you might be. Interestin'...I suppose you're their errand boy? I can't see why they'd need you..."

Quote :
Raziel Reneux

Panting like a startled mouse, the sugar glider sputtered air out from her little lungs in-between her words. "P-princess...are...are daft...!?" She clung tightly to the trunk and set her head up against the bark. So it seemed this animal was here to 'rescue a damsel in distress' versus wanting a meal. Personally, she would have preferred the second idea. Giving sharp growls, Raziel began to feel the pain digging in her back and abdomen where the hawk had snatched her. There was some blood but the wound was not deep. On her delicate skin, a scratch was rather painful. She was fortunate not to have broken anything while she was torn off her tree from before. 'Damn flying chickens...' She hissed at herself under her breath in French before glaring at the flying cotton ball. "You. What are you still doing here? What do you want?" She demanded with a pained sizzle, her ears folded against her skull. "If you're awaiting a you, you AREN'T getting it. I'm done! I'm done being 'saved' by some high and mighty hero! Alas, I have little to no patience with anyone anymore! Screw OFF!"
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:39 am

Quote :
Ameya White : Tags: Sophia, Atticus

The warmth of Sophia's arms around her and the comforting rubbing on her back helped the girl calm herself down. She needed to stop this crying and be strong again she couldn't get sick over losing him, Akin wouldn't have wanted that. After a while, her sniffing and tears slowed; slowly pulling away from Sophia, Ameya gently rubbed the tears from puffy eyes. "I... I know." She said in a whisper, her voice still trembling a bit. The kind doe's words to be strong and that she wasn't alone meant a lot to the white-tailed deer. At one point in time, her own aunt had said something similar to her when her mother passed away. However, back then Ameya wouldn't show her grief openly like she was now. Her aunt just knew though she was raised like a buck she still had the heart of her doe. That day, Akin cried and cried, he didn't understand why Ameya seemed to be heartless but he found out later she was just as hurt as he was. Back then, Ameya had promised the little fawn that she'd always be there for him and that he'd never be alone on any journey. However, such a large promise couldn't be kept when it came to death. She was, however, glad she hadn't died and left him alone the pain the fawn would have felt would have been greater than her own pain. Looking over at her brother's corpse as she sat there close to Sophia, she tried to make her self completely quiet and still again. "May I bury him?" She asked softly her voice wasn't trembling nearly as much as before. "I want to send him on his way like my tribe would do with all those who passed." she murmured softly. She wanted to get cleaned up before that though, "And... um.." She looked at her clothing and dirty skin, through the pain her cheeks flushed with slight embarrassment. "May I get cleaned up too?" She asked as she wiped away another set tears which escaped her eyes. Would she have anything that would fit her? It was tradition to wear your best clothes when going to a funeral but with these circumstances, that bit of the tradition would have to slide. Her exhausted mind traveled from the concern with the funeral, and what to wear to Atticus, he was a kind buck when Sophia had entered the room she half expected to be him. He'd helped her all the way here it wouldn't have surprised her if he did comfort her. However he did not, 'I suppose he's still a 'buck' in that sense.' she thought silently to herself. His actions and ways of showing emotion and how he cared for others was very perplexing to her. No grown buck she'd ever spoken too or interacted with until today, ever showed how they felt or what was on their mind through expressions or even words. They were all just stone cold stoic individuals with strict opinions and attitudes. It was kind of refreshing, and it made her think about her brother and who he would have been if he was able to grow up in this village. That thought, instead of bringing tears, warmed the girl's heart. Standing up from the bed to reduce some of the pressure on her thigh, the girl leaned back down to Akin and gave him one last kiss on the head.

Quote :

A chuckled left the fox from Dean's reply, "I know right?" He said a smile on his face, [color=#33cc33"It's surprising what happens when you're in a bar..."[/color] he told him. Pandareos' mind traveled to that day for a moment, why he was there. Shaking the thought he looked over at the curious Marten. "Nothin wrong with that partner, I used to wander around myself." he shared, "My job is a bit depressing.." He stated with as his eyes glanced around, "The Panther takes a liking to something she'll do anything to get it... Lets just say she uses this handsome fox to lure in prey. As well as other things of the sort." Letting out a sigh the Fox had been needing to vent and just communicate with something other than a feline. "I'll never forget the first job she sent me out on... She was imprisoned in an estate in the mountains. They even went as far as to put chains on her ankles... they should have done more than that honestly." He paused for a moment as he wrapped his tail around his paws. "She spotted a flash of white fur from her cell and sent me to go check it out." his eyes looked off into the distance as he was recalling the memory, "I tracked down the animal, come to find out it was a Doe.. her pelt was as white as snow and her eyes as bright blue as the skies above. Never had I ever seen such a sight... She was grazing with a fawn at her side, probably about a few months old." Sighing a bit with disappointment in himself the fox swallowed hard and continued, "I... I reported back to the Panther... I regret that I did but my families lives hung in the balance so, I had to... I told her what exactly I saw and she ordered me to draw the doe in and convince her to come up the mountain." Scratching his ear the fox felt a bit twitchy, the doe had managed to pull his heartstrings so this part of the story always bothered him. "I got injured during one of my little ventures into the valley at the base of the mountain. Ori was the doe's name... she took care of my wounds made sure I was able to pull through... Over time the doe told me about her family she had two loving children, the little fawn, and a young doe. She told me I'd never meet her daughter but I was sure to see her son with her all the time. I never asked why but... Anyways I digress... I won over her trust and brought her to the estate... She wasn't from the area so she had no idea that her herd lived so close to a lions abode or maybe she did... she just didn't let on like she did. I want to say she never saw it coming, but the look in her eyes when I... she died said otherwise ... and Persefoni got the pelt she desired...." Pandareos left out the bits about him being the one who had to kill her, perse knew he'd fallen in love with the doe, she could tell from the way he'd look at her. "Anyways, that's my job... I spy, I bait, and I lure." He informed him not caring if his secret was out, it would give the forest animals a chance to run and hide. He honestly hated his job, the only reason he continued to do it was to protect his family. His parents and siblings were all hanging in the balance.

Quote :

A grin slid over the furry bat's face, "Nope, you were falling to your death all I did was save a damsel." He continued to grin at the little angry lady. "Keep giving me that face and it'll get stuck like that." He warned her as a laugh rolled from his chest. Spotting the blood and seeing her body language the bat flew over to the tree and grappled to it, "You want some help or do you just want to continue blowing steam out your ears until that hawk comes back?" He said as he glanced at the sky and back at her, "You're lucky the hawk wasn't hungry enough to start picking at you in midflight." Her little temper was almost more then he'd like to handle, it didn't help his sleep was disturbed, a scowl soon flowed over his face from where he rested against the bark. Listening to the little fireball continue her ranting and raving over his helping her the bat's brows furrowed and his little jaw tightened "Fine, be hawk food, not like I care I just didn't want to hear you screaming in pain when ya hit the forest floor. See ya grouchy fest." turning his body a bit on the tree he pushed off and took to the air, for a moment he stopped and glanced back at the terrible-tempered squirrel. It wasn't often that someone was that ungrateful for getting some sort of help. "tsk" he wrinkled his nose before turning his back on the critter.

Quote :

Hearing the sound of armor smash against a wall caused a wicked smile to flash across the Panthers muzzle, "Found you..." She whispered as she increased her speed from a walking jog to a full-on sprint. Rounding the corner and going through a set of doors, Persefoni's eyes fell on a large staircase, drops of blood was leading on up. The boy's scent was strong and thick in the air, "Oh my, he must have shifted... Let's see if he'll actually fight back..." She chuckled as she darted up the stairs after Lathery. Going into a room that seemed to be the servants quarters Persefoni's eyes fell on the lad. Her breathing wasn't phased from the small dash about the mansion, "How about you fight for your life, little man." She grinned as stepped deeper into the room.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Quote :
”It’s true I do, but I always grow them back!” The elk called ahead, a breath laugh escaping him and turning into a cloud of white smoke. He stuck out his tongue in response to hers, though had to be careful of where he was trotting as he almost ran into another deer passing by. He really was tall, wasn’t he? Surprisingly, he didn’t see many other elk, but he supposed he didn’t want to see them anyways. If Atticus was right, they wouldn’t be fun company. As he came back to the real world though, he watched her prance happily, and was very tempted to join, grinning from ear to ear now. “Do for fun? Well I suppose nowadays I spend time with you.” He approached to where he was by her side now, almost going too fast. ”Before I would just play games on a piece of scrap paper with the other guards, or exercise. Not many things to do when you’re always being watched. But here, I’m sure you and I can find many things to do to entertain ourselves!” And if he wanted to be with her in more ways than one, he was certain that he would be seeing her often. After all, she was by far the most bubbly person he had met in the town, and he was sure nobody could replace her to him. “Trails, painting, dates, games, baking, a whole bunch of stuff!”

Quote :
The mountain lion heaved long and wheezing breaths as he stood there, feeling the blood drip to the floor again. He was sure it wouldn’t stop now, and the rip he felt from the wound was almost unbearable now. It had tore further. His mouth open and panting, he watched as his greatest enemy met him face to face, taunting him. He couldn’t let her win, not after what she had done. Grunting, he lifted his head higher, yet breathed heavier as he did so. “Fight me, b****. Im no rug.” He lashed his tail before he lunged, but went off counter and only landed beside the panther, his wound gasping as it spewed blood in front of him. He bit his tongue hard enough to bleed, but turned, growling weakly as he took his stance. “If you want to beat me, torture me first and leave nothing to make of me. At least then I won’t be like my brother!”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

As the weeping doe pulled away from the embrace, Aunt Sophia's arm remained at the girl's shoulders as a sign of support. She could feel each unsteady breath. She gave her sincere, sympathetic smile despite the situation. And she could feel the girl trying to fight for her composure, but she was thankful she could mourn here instead of alone. If the poor boy had died in the forest, that pain would have been far worse to her. Here, at least she would be accepted into the village. A tender sigh slipped from her lips and she lovingly nodded to the question about burying the fawn. "My dear, don't worry...we can bury him whenever you'd like..." Then, her deep brown eyes fell onto Atticus who stood out of the room, a bit away from the doorway. His head was low and his shoulders were slouched; Sophia's nephew nibbled his lip and nodded his head to the look Sophia gave him. She could not bear to have this poor girl dig the gave herself, not unless she wanted to. He understood and gave a slow nod in response. "Where would you want to put him, honey?" She whispered to her, gingerly rubbing the girl's arm to give her the reassurance in that awful decision. When her own parents had died of old age and when Atticus's father had passed, it was always one of the hardest choices to make. It meant she had to accept their deaths and move on. A sigh escaped her from the thought. "We can bury him where we bury our family if you'd like..." Offered the woman, delicately. But a soft smile grazed her mouth to the suggestion to be cleaned up, she gave a breathy chuckle and she sniffled. "Yes-yes, of course. Of course." This way while Ameya was showering, Atticus would be able to dig the grave and they could do the funeral whenever the girl felt comfortable. Just before the girl stand, Aunt Sophia brushed a strand of hair from the tears. Then she set her hands on her lap while Ameya stood to give her brother a final kiss on the head. She looked on with a heavy heart.

Quote :
Angeline Gray

“Do for fun? Well I suppose nowadays I spend time with you.” Oh? That was an interesting answer, not that she could complain! Angeline enjoyed his talk about playing games on a scrap of paper, it was so different from games played here. Fawns usually played pretend with each other, acting as if they had pre-adult lives. The bucks would spar and the females would pretend to care for fake fawns. She remembered a good chunk of her childhood being that way. Most fawns and calves did this, well, except for a small handful. She admired Theodemar's enthusiasm to do things however. He was a very different elk. "Awesome, that sounds so much fun! We'll see what comes up then!" The grey brocket and her massive companion traversed up the hill for a few minutes longer before she turned into an opening in the village to enter the forest. There was an obvious deer trail flattening the grass and vegetation, showing many of the deer went through here. The second Angeline stepped foot on the trail, she shifted back into her human form and brushed some strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. She turned to Theo, beaming at him. "Here we are!" She giggled. Her green eyes fell over the beautiful forests and she soaked in the songs of the afternoon birds. "I can't imagine life without this..." She murmured softly. Taking a deep breath in, she turned to look at the elk. "Well! It's never too late to try it. Shall we?"

Quote :
Dean Marten

Interested enough to pay attention to the fox's story, Dean drummed his claws against the bark of the tree. He gave a breathy chuckle to the introduction of the story, "the Panther takes a liking to something she'll do anything to get it... Lets just say she uses this handsome fox to lure in prey." The pine marten's sophisticated gaze hadn't left his face as the story continued, it seemed like a fair share of business but not very smart business. At the snap of her fingers, the panther could kill this fox the moment if he wasn't useful. So much for cunning foxes! This one was conned into a dead end. Either way, he felt Pandereo's outcome would be death in that line of work, but he decided to keep his mouth shut about it. That was none of his business. Why would he lecture a stranger about their life decisions? Picking his teeth again, he seemed unmoved by the slaughter of the white doe. It was not because he hadn't cared but he had seen death too much to shudder at it. Still though, tough career choice. He gave a final huff as the story ended, deciding to throw a little bit of guidance at him only because the fox had complemented him before. "Word of advice, mate." He ruggedly muttered off to the side and turned his head briefly. "Not that my opinion matters..." Dean flicked his round ears forward and he spoke to the fox on regards to his career. "If you want to get out of that position alive, I suggest you leave it. That pantha's got her teeth latched onto your throat. Either she'll tear you down herself or someone else will do it for her...like I said, take that howeva you will." Smirking somewhat, he was glad he could be totally independent from the situation. He didn't have any predators breathing down his neck. He didn't have anyone to worry about other than himself and that was the perfect bachelor life. "Good luck, mate. You'll need it aye."

Quote :
Raziel Reneux

Again, this damsel thing was getting irritating. 'I'm not usually this cranky but ever since that FREAKING MORON kidnapped me, I've been on edge lately...' She finally told herself. After a few minutes, the glider began to calm down a little. She set her head up against the trunk of the tree with a hurt grumble, she felt her fur prickle under pressure. The bat was giving her some lip about her attitude. Frankly, if he knew what a crazy day it was then maybe he wouldn't have but either way, he seemed to have enough of it. He sprung off the tree. He flapped some distance away and passed her a glance before he would leave; Raziel reached her hands and began to weakly crawl her way up, not looking back at him. When she'd stretch her arm out too far, the sugar glider winced in pain and slowly slid back to her original position. She tried this two more times. Despite all her attempts though, she would never get anywhere like this and she knew it. The rodent curled into a ball on the ledge, expecting the bat to have been gone by now, she buried her head under her arms as a sign of defeat. She tucked her tail in around her. She sniffled softly to try and keep herself from crying and she flattened her ears.
Back to top Go down
Moonncloud

Moonncloud

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Quote :
Ameya White : Tags: Sophia, Atticus

Watching Sophia's reaction to her question, Ameya felt great relief. She wasn't sure how this village worked and it was quite different from her tribal life back in the valley. "Th-thank you... thank you so much." She replied, almost losing what little composure she had acquired. Looking at Sophia she caught her looking at the doorway, Atticus must have been right outside the door. Glancing back at him, the doe's eyes widened slightly his heart was aching even though he didn't know them well he was still showing such sympathy for her and the death of her brother. It was hard to swallow, seeing a stag looking this way, she couldn't imagine what it would be like to see one as broken as she was. Her father would have called him weak, and incapable of being anything of worth but in Ameya's eyes showing emotion was anything but weak. Looking back to his Aunt, the white-tailed deer thought about the question of where she wanted to put her brother to rest. The sensation of the woman's hand on her arm was soothing, she didn't feel so alone knowing there were two very kind individuals here supporting her in her time of need. Where did she want to put him? She didn't know the village nor where they buried their dead, but this pondered question was soon put to rest as the older doe made a suggestion, "If you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate that." She told her softly as she sniffed and brushed a fleeting dear from her eye. For a moment the girl stay silent until Sophia answer her question about getting cleaned up, the smile which graced the womans face and her chuckle made Ameya smile a bit as well. At this point, Sophia tucked a strand of Ameya's hair back out of her tears and behind her ear. A soft smile floated across her face, in time she'd be back to herself with their help she'd be fine. Standing up and then leaning down delivering her final kiss on Akin's small head Ameya turned from her body to the side. "Hmm, A- Sophia, where is your bathroom at?" She asked softly as she brushed a bit of hair from her face. Once more the girl glance back to see if Sophia's nephew was still in the doorway. She knew how tired he was and yet she had a feeling Sophia's look from earlier meant she wanted him to dig the grave.

Quote :

Sighing as he listened to the Marten's words he looked at him, "If I do that the panther will destroy my family... I'd rather lose my life then have to live with knowing my families demise was because of my escape." He told him, "But I know, she can kill me any time she desires... My throat is within her jaws like you said." he agreed, right now he was doing well to please Persefoni. Sometimes in more ways than one but that was beside the point. Looking to the Marten as he seemed to decide he didn't care one way or another Pandareos couldn't help but feel a hearty laugh roll form his chest, "Thank ya, partner, I'll need the luck." His laughter faded into a breathy chuckle before fading away completely. "Welp, I should be getting back to her 'majesty' before she comes looking." He grumbled a bit before standing up and headed for the trunk of the tree.

Quote :

Getting back to his little hole of a home the bat sat on the edge of the hollow, looking back down at the squirrel of sorts, he couldn't help but feel bad for leaving her there. She was obviously in pain and sure she was cranky but maybe she'd had a lot more happen to her then just getting nearly eaten. Mauling the thought over a bit longer the bat finally gathered some things from his hollow and glided back down to her. "Hey..." He said has he grappled on to the tree's bark. "You obviously can't move very far so at least let me try and doctor your wounds." He said as his eyes looked off to the side. Part of him wanted to leave the grump butt to deal with this on her own but the other part was too kind and knew she needed a little help.

Quote :

Her pale blue eyes watched at lad as he spewed such dirty words, "Naughty naughty Lathery... Such rude impolite words come for that tongue of yours." She giggled and watched as he lunged for her. Though, his attempt was fruitless which somewhat bored the Panther. Stepping to the side just slightly as he leaped for her, "Oh my, getting tired already?" She asked him as she watched blood drip from his mouth. Circling around the cougar, Persefoni chuckled evilly, "And what makes you think that I'd grant your dying wish? If I turned you into a Vest at least you'd be a little more then a rug to wipe my paws on... isn't that nice Lathery?" She spoke to him as if he was a child, weak, worthless, and incapable of doing much on his own. "I'll do with you what I desire." She whispered as she made her round back in front of him. Letting out a snarl Persefoni went for his neck and slammed the mountain lion into the floor. She wanted him to fight back, but it seemed her claws had done a number on him... then again maybe she'd get lucky.

Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Quote :
Theodemar bobbed a nod in agreement, though his focuses were on her and on the path ahead of him as he had learned to realize. He would run into something for sure if he kept getting distracted by the little brocket in front of him, and her giggly little aroma. He watched the atmosphere change from simple village to dense foliage, and it wasn't long before they were standing before a trail, tree branches overhanging the beginning of the trail and almost giving a more intimate, closer feel to the place. He had to take it in a moment before he shifted as well, feeling better now that Angeline was closer to him again. How did he live his entire life running from something like this scenery, this moment? He could have run away ages ago, changed his destiny. If Atticus had never come around, he would never feel this sense of freedom that he felt now. Taking in a deep breath of the air, he let it envelope him before he looked to his companion, smiling brightly and offering his arm to her again. With the sunlight peeking through and illuminating her features, he felt as though they were the only two standing there in the whole world. "We shall."

--------------------------------

Quote :
Lathery coughed up puddles of blood, heaving another breath before the panther's words slid to him, a snake recoiling and ready to strike. She knew what she was doing, and she had a plan to have him twitching on the floor, gasping for his last breath. Facing her, he stared her in the eyes, her voice nothing to him but a claw against a chalkboard. "You won't get to-" He was immediately cut off by her teeth ramming into his neck, and he let out a long drawl of a scream, raspy and sharp all the same. His vision began to fade as he scrambled under her grip, his claws grabbing any piece of flesh he could on her as he flipped onto his back and fought, lashed back and forth as he could feel his body draining. He needed to get away, he needed to...he needed to...to...he let out a pitiful screech as he ripped himself away, almost unable to breathe now as blood coated the front of him, his head hung low as he crouched to the floor. Every step he tried only ended in further exhaustion, and he looked to the stairs. That could be an option. He reached his paw over and began to crawl, inching himself ever so slightly to the one exit he could see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: