Animals Within

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Animals Within - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Theo pushed his feet further into the stirrups, feeling the sweat bead down his brow and catch in his shirt and the crevices of his collarbone. This was pure stress in its deepest form. Any moment now, he could be ripped to shreds by any of the guards currently fighting off the fire. But he could not leave with the two just yet. Yanking his horse around to face the other way, he tossed the other horse's reigns to Aaliyah as she mounted her own steed, gripping the horn of his saddle. "Your scent will cover the horses. Lythedh will be out to kill, so he will follow the horses when you dismount near the river and he will kill the horses, not you. I'll catch up with you, but try to get your distance without the mounts." With that, he kicked his heels in, and raced back towards the Estate, avoiding the animals that rushed past him to the building. His eyes scanned the walls to no avail of his target, until a flash of grey in the scattered snow caught his eye. Dismounting and racing forward, he cupped his hands and scooped the small creature up to his chest, holding her with one hand firmly as he leapt onto his horse and sped back to the stables. Who cares if she protested, he wasn't going to have her trampled.

Aaliyah swiftly mounted her horse, feeling the guilt settle deep in her stomach. This poor creature would die, by Theodemar's plan, just to get away from Lythedh. She tangled her fingers in its mane, taking in the last moments she would have with it. Even though there was a chance he'd come back safe and sound, the other side of the coin was a brutal death. Sighing out, she looked to Atticus for strength, her posture straight and poised. She had to keep her wits about her if they both wanted to get out of here. The other man tossed her the reigns, and she now held both horses captive to her. 'Great. Another death to mourn. If only this would have ended without the loss of lives.' She frowned, her eyes setting back to the exit of the stables. "Let's go," she rushed, itching to get out now that the cries of guards were rising louder to her ears.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Tugging the reigns, Atticus yanked the horse back to exit the stables along with his other two companions. The hooves of the equines rung in his ears as they made for the exit of the Estate. The sounds of confusion hit him. They aren't paying them much attention. Weren't they the issue? He couldn't dwell on it for long, as Theo took his mount out of the stables, out of the Estate, Atticus swung into the lead. He could glimpse Aaliyah's sinking heart. "Hey," He muttered, turning his chin towards her. "You're getting out of here, Aaliyah. Don't worry. This'll all be over..." He looked to her, feeling the wind coarse through his hair.
Quote :
The sugar glider was invested in the scenery before her. She smiled through her stare. Everything sort of melted away and then the next thing she knew, she was scooped into a stranger's hand, taken into complete surprise. She gave a frantic squeak, kicking, and clawing at whomever held her captive. Her claws were thrown at everything she could reach, like little knives. She sounded more of a rabid squirrel than anything. Her tail thrashed about.
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Tears stung the leopard's eyes as the mounts headed after Theodemar, and she bent herself nearer the horse's neck to hide herself from the world around her as her walls crashed, yet still holding her expression firm and focused. The smoke billowing out of the Estate, the horses' distressed calls, the guards rushing to save the staff and the wind blowing it all together in one chaotic mess. She didn't want it to be like this. They didn't have to have the dramatic leave, they could sneak away, haven got the legal papers and ripped them and tossed them in a furnace and never have the evidence. But now everything was instead becoming a blur. Even Atticus' calm mutter wasn't enough to ease her from it all, yet his voice diverting from his worried commands earlier were a welcomed change. Breathing in the biting air, she glanced over to him, valiantly escaping and keeping his cool. He was determined to leave, and nothing would block him. His courage overwhelmed her, and she lifted her head just a tad, peering between the ears of the steed as they rushed away from the Estate, away from the life she was sure she was going to live out.

"Miss glider, I'd suggest keeping your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times," Theodemar murmured down to the rodent, narrowly missing his nose from being shredded. His grip stayed the same, pressing her gently against his armor so she wouldn't fly away, intentionally or not. "We're getting out of here." The hooves hitting the ground pounded in his ears, focusing more on the path ahead than the scampering of the sugar glider. As long as he escaped with the two others,
the plan would be complete, whether they had executed it correctly or not.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;

Blowing air through his lips, he could feel the power of the horse below him and the ripple in its flank. Through the chase out of the Estate, he could barely focus on the real issue. When he did, they already allowed the Estate to slip far in the distance. 'Smoke?' The odor was so heavy, it was amazing he hadn't focused on it until now. Of course, his adrenaline was going and he was focusing on the things he could see versus smell. But it begged the question, what was happening? What on earth happened just now? He kept throwing glances over his shoulder, seeing Aaliyah on her mount and Theo coming close behind. That was reassuring at least. "Good," He said to himself and turned back to face the area ahead.
Quote :
The voice sent an immediate shudder down her spine. Her fur prickled in all directions, Theodemar held her small body up against his armor while she fought against it. Her breathing was erratic. Disbelief and shock caused her to stutter over her words, but they were mad with rage. "YOU!!! YOU PIGHEADED BRUTE-!!!" Squirming like a fish out of water, she raked against him, her claws squeaking at the metal. "We're getting out of here." This activated nothing but a ball of pent of loathing and hate in her rodent chest. "GET ME OFF OF THIS GLUE FACTORY OR SO HELP ME I WILL CRAWL INTO YOUR EAR AND EAT OUT FROM THE INSIDE!!! UNDERSTAND?!?! T'ES RIEN QU'UN PETIT CONNARD!!! TAKE ME BACK YOU UGLY SHORT-HAIRED PIG!!!" She went to bite at anything to grab ahold of, and for now it was in vain, but she was determined.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am

Theodemar was surprised by the glider's screaming, his eyes widening slightly as he listened. She sure was a contrast to her species, but at least the wind carried away the piercing of her cries. The insults were nothing to him, as he was used to them, especially coming from her. "We are escaping, rodent," he told down to her, maneuvering through the running guards with his mount. "You want to be skinned alive by Lythedh when a witness tells him you lit the kitchen on fire?" Still holding her, he chuckled at her little shaking fury. He wouldn't expect such a loud voice from tiny lungs. "I'll let you go when we get far enough away. For now, stop squirming, or you'll hurt yourself." Everything was so loud around him that he could hardly hear himself think. Hopefully Atticus and Aaliyah knew what they were doing, or they would all be screwed by the seeming hundreds of guards that swarmed the Estate.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Aaliyah;Theodemar;

The horses began to pick up speed, anxious about the chaos going around them but trained not to panic under these situations. Atticus could see the wary flicker of his mount's ears. He kicked his heels into the sides of the horse, causing it to increase into a full gallop. It blew air from its nostrils, heaving into a run. He continuously watched the others behind him as the daunting black Estate fence crept into view. It was rather high. But enough for a horse to jump. He lifted slightly in the stirrups, arched in, tied the reins around his hands and kicked at the horse's side. In a second, once he came upon the fence, the horse had leapt into the air, legs outstretched as it dipped over the fence. It had bounded over, thudding as it the ground. The landing was rather rough but nothing they couldn't handle. And it was fortunate the guards seemed a bit too preoccupied with the fire - well - except for the two guards at the entrance. They honed in on the escaping horses. Atticus yanked at the reins to turn his panting horse around to watch the others come over and he kept the two guards in the corner of his eye.
Quote :
There was a high pitched roll in her throat, still snapping at anything within her reach, and in a fury. "We are escaping, rodent," the elk had told her. To it, her ears flattened against her skull and she snapped out in a mad outburst. "I DON'T WANT TO ESCAPE!!! I DO NOT!!! I WAS NEVER IN ON THE ESCAPE PLAN YOU TWIT!! PUT ME DOWN! THERE IS NO WE!!! I HATE YOU, I HOPE LYTHEDH CATHCES YOU!!!!" Her little mouth attempted to bite the armor, wild and frenzied animal sounds escaping from her lips. You want to be skinned alive by Lythedh when a witness tells him you lit the kitchen on fire?" She only bubbled that much further. The sugar glider's pelt was ruffled by this situation, her fur stuck completely out, tail lashing away. "THERE WAS NO ONE TO WITNESS!!! I KILLED THEM ALL!!! NOW I WANT TO LEAVE - PUT ME DOWN - GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Her heart built in growing fear, every thud against her ribcage shaking her entire body, even against the racing mare she rode. The steps closer to escaping were going as quickly through her head as the mount beneath her. This was not the situation she would ever imagine herself in. Atticus ahead of her was a blur, and all of a sudden, he lifted and flew over the Estate fence. No. There was no way she was going to leap over and follow him. But as the fence grew closer, and her horse began to falter, she held the reigns close to her chest, squeezing her legs into the sides of the mount and felt herself lifting, but in the heat of the moment, it went by too quickly, and they both slammed into the ground. Even with the mare's cry of distress, she began to bolt, and Aaliyah suddenly began to lose control as her mount pounded the ground and avoided the trees as she fled past, calling for Atticus as she clung to the horse for dear life.

Theodemar felt his fingers begin to ache and bleed as the sugar glider continued to rip and shred at them, blood seeping into his armor and dripping onto the saddle. But he could not let her go, not when everything was going so well. His face was scewed into frustration as he saw his companions successfully clear the fence, and he bent down near the horse's neck, the rodent pushing against his armor as he sped up and followed the two. The slam of the hooves on the other side rattled his head, his vision shaken for a moment before he caught up to Atticus. Pulling up beside him, he finally decided to address the animal in his hand. "I'm not letting you go, calm down. We have to leave, and you're coming with. Or, I could throw you at a tree and kill you in a swing, but I doubt you'd take that kindly. So sit tight and shut your piehole." The screeching of the other horse caught his attention, and the flash of color ahead disappearing in the trees worried him. Pulling his horse around, he kicked at his own mount again, rushing after the escaping member.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 9:45 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

He pulled on the reins, backing his horse as he observed one of the mounts lose its nerve. It appeared to slip over the fence as he had, but the moment its hooves hit the ground, the horse gave a whinny of distress and took off. Atticus's eyes went large as he observed the horse bolt straight for the trees. With Theo over the fence now, the two kicked the sides of their mounts, hearing Aaliyah cry out as she slipped into the obscurity of the forest. They sped after her without question. Atticus took the horse into a straight gallop after her, bits of soil was kicked up as he dashed into the trees. Unsure of how fast his horse would be able to keep up, he made sure it would give its all. However, the moment he came amidst the forest, he was whipped by the brambles. He put up his arms as a shield over his face as his horse galloped after the maddened mare. He could feel the sting in his arms, kicking to speed up. The trees rushed by. And he could feel the heavy breathing in his horse from under him.
Quote :
She chewed harder and harder at his fingers, driving her bug eating teeth into the base of his knuckles, screeching like a bat. Ignoring the taste of blood, she continually snapped her jaws, yanking at the bits of flesh she cold hold. But when the rodent suddenly felt a shift below her, the entire horse surged into the air. Her stomach went queasy, and she squealed in alarm. The sugar glider was practically knocked back in his hand. Her nose twitched. The impact was brutal. Like a ball of silver fluff, she remained frozen in place. Her eyes were gaped open, not even blinking. Her chest pulled air in and out of her lungs rapidly. "I'm not letting you go, calm down. We have to leave, and you're coming with. Or, I could throw you at a tree and kill you in a swing, but I doubt you'd take that kindly. So sit tight and shut your piehole." The threat had done nothing. But the whole statement itself came in her ear and out the other, the sugar glider was in a complete trance now. She was balled up with giant eyes, not responding to anything he said. Her fur remained completely puffed up.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 am

Aaliyah felt the branches reach out and attempt to snatch her from the saddle, whipping at her dress and her hair as she pressed close to her mare's mane. Everything felt like a hazy dream, like nothing was really real, and she'd wake up having tossed and turned the whole evening. But the pain reminded her that she was on earth, that her surroundings were against her at every turn. Her throat ached from her calls in the cold temperatures, but it threw out one final cry as a low-hanging branch slammed into her, and with the last ounce of energy she had within her, she shifted, tumbling to the ground and onto the soft grass below as blood ran from the cuts she received, pooling around her as her breathing heaved. The horse's whinnies faded as ringing replaced the sound, engulfing her in a dark abyss as she recovered from the blunt hit.

The silence from his hand surprised the elk, quite a lot. The stop of her chewing made the pain apparent back from his soaked hand, but he fought against it as he glanced down at the small creature, her fur now being stained with the crimson liquid. She looked terrified, and he could almost feel her racing heartbeat in his palm. Poor thing was jolted from the jump, just as he was. Frowning to himself, he kept her close and bowed closer to his mount, seeing a figure of grey fall up ahead. He urged his horse to pick up speed, his focus now only on whatever happened ahead of him and Atticus.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Of course this would happen! Out of all the times a horse could lose its nerve, it had to be now. Such timing! He was sure he brought this bad luck. It's all it's ever been with him. Atticus crinkled his nose in disgust, clinging to the reins as his horse bolted through the trees and around the stretching branches. He could only see a shape just around the trees but he was not close enough to get to her. He hoped that horse would calm down soon since there was no time for this. But that horse was going nuts. Completely nuts. A 'tisk' left his lips as he cut ahead, with Theo thundering directly behind. And a crash thundered just around the bend. Aaliyah's horse gave a whinny of despair and he could hear it take off. Atticus couldn't catch what happened but his breath hitched at the sound of the impact and he was quick to see what had happened. Riding the buckskin stallion around the bend of trees, he caught a glimpse of white fur and immediately yanked back on the horse, hurled himself from the saddle, and came hurriedly around to see what had happened. When he came to Aaliyah, she was barely focusing. Her breathing was rough. He wasn't sure what did this, but he could see blood coating the vegetation around her. Atticus crept to his knees, he ran his fingers through her fur, examining her. "Aaliyah...goodness, are you alright?" He scanned her with his eyes, trying to check her wounds. Was she thrown off? Did she hit something? He hoped - hoped- it wasn't serious. With enough trauma to throw her off, he feared she could have taken internal damage. The blood, the exhaustion, it reminded him of his mother all over again. 'No, she'll be okay.' "Aaliyah, I need you to shift. I need you to tell me what happened...are you okay?"
Quote :
She folded her front paws against her fluffed chest, which was dusted in his blood. Wearily, her large eyes gyrated from one side to the other, seeing trees fly by, and the thick plumes of smoke fading with their escape. There was uneasy chirp sound that escaped her lungs as she breathed. Her nose rapidly twitched with her accelerated breathing, and she felt hazed still. This daft bull was carrying her still. He was determined, and she knew she shouldn't have intervened when he showed up. Yet she did it. And now here she was - being kidnapped. This was awful.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm

The ringing blared violently to her now, almost drowning out the footsteps that approached her in the ever so slowly dying grass. Her head pounded along with her limbs and her fur caught in the wind, chilling her skin and making her feel less as though she were in her natural habitat and more like she was an outsider, thrown into a situation she couldn't control. The sound of Atticus' voice drifted with the winds and she hardly caught the notes as they were carried, and she turned her head to listen to him better. He was the one thing she could focus on at least, the one thing to keep her from spiraling ever downwards. But she could not shift. Her energy had been struck from her and absorbed into the tree, forever lost until she regenerated it in time. Even attempts at becoming human again were futile. Her jaw opened slightly and puffed out a breath as his hands ran through her thick pelt, ignoring the sharp pains as he grazed over open wounds. "The branch, it...it hung too low," she gaped, still grabbing for air as her paws tried to adjust under her, looking for any hold of firmness in the soil beneath her. Her eyes gazed at nothing, for she could not make out details, but she kept them open for consciousness sake. She needed to get up and keep moving.

It was lucky that the stag was able to pick up speed and get to the scene before he did. His horse snorted out breath after breath, losing the strength to keep going with his massive armor weight bearing down on its back. He pulled back on the reigns and directed himself to the side, stopping a few feet away from where the two laid in the now bloodied grass. But he did not know what he could do. Sighing, he looked down to the sugar glider, focusing on her next. She was probably scarred now, petrified of all that had happened. But now they had a moment to reflect. Dismounting the horse, he quickly roped him to a tree with his free hand before slumping against one, the hand that held the rodent relaxing just a tad. "I did not mean to startle you," he said quietly. "But the Lord's Estate is no place for a shift like you. You deserve better than a prey-infested egotistical manor of slaves." He folded his hands in his lap, staring up at the horse who now grazed. "If you feel you must return, even with all that has happened, you can. Though I would recommend you sit and recuperate at least for a few minutes beforehand."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

How was he going to take her like this? It's not like a horse would allow a fully grown snow leopard to ride it. Atticus continued to support her as she struggled. But the fact that she had been hit strong enough to injure a snow leopard like this was worrying, very worrying. She seemed to choke on the air as she breathed. While he continued to observe her wounds, trying to get her up, he lightly leaned in, kissing her forehead. He wrapped his arms around her and assisted her, putting all his effort to help.  "Okay-it'll be alright. You're okay, Aaliyah." He seemed so sure. "You have to shift, whiskers. You have to...I can carry you then..." Glancing up from her weakened, injured body, he thought about being a stag and perhaps get away with hauling her in this form - no. No...she would be too heavy still. 'Dammit!' Air tripped over his lips as he exhaled, gazing back at her worn state, fur scratched and bleeding. He could see the blank stare in her eyes. And it stung him to see it. "Where'd it hit you?" He wanted to make sure it would be nothing too severe. If it was, he knew she wouldn't make it all the way to his village. That was a small chance though, he needed to be sure.
Quote :
She jumped at his voice, spiking out in hostility at its sickening familiarity. There was a shift at the scenery but she couldn't quite get everything together. "But the Lord's Estate is no place for a shift like you. You deserve better than a prey-infested egotistical manor of slaves." She was slow at understanding what he said. But when she had, her giant black eyes shifted into little daggers, boring into him. Her mouth opened, making a squeaky crackling sound fall from her mouth as she lunged at him to bite him again, though falling short. Her pearly white teeth sparkled under the sunlight creeping between the trees. She remained balled up, mouth agape in pent up aggression and fear. Even the guard's reassurance that she could return if she wanted to did not appease her. She gave sharp breaths between her hissy fit, then lick her lips of his blood and begin to look around. She didn't even know where they were. And technically, she could escape, but her little heart was thundering and her head was all off, she wasn't THAT desperate. Not yet anyway. "Brûle en enfer..." The sugar glider whispered, barely audible even to herself. She blinked a couple of times, hands still clung to anything to give her support, ears folded.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Even moving was a struggle, and her muzzle released a groan of discomfort as Atticus pulled her into his arms. His embrace was always comforting to her, but in a time of pain, she wasn't sure if the new discomfort was worth it. He was right, though. It would be difficult to travel without her being in her normal human form, even with the thought of having a warmer coat to protect her and keep a layer above her cuts. His nickname for her did bring a small smile to her, and she shifted in his arms, mustering the energy just to do so. It had been a while since she felt such fresh wounds, normally only being exposed to bruising and sprains. Her training had been just short of how the results of battles and escapes worked in reality. But she couldn't let this stop her, they had to keep going. Not just for her to get away from Lythedh, but the rest of them too. They were in just as much danger as she. Fighting the urge to cry out and give up, she ground her teeth together and focused before finally shifting back, the energy rushing from her in a breath as she slumped in relief, her eyes closed. Now everything was gone. She wasn't even sure if she could speak in this new trance, of darkness and only the sound of her own breathing and heartbeat. Yet, the warmth of Atticus near her soothed her enough to know that it wouldn't stay like this forever.

Theodemar tilted his chin up a bit in surprise at her fit, though was content that she was at least making noise and was conscious. She looked weird, with her nose turned up and her little pink mouth protesting his words. But, who was he to judge, as an elk he had a huge nose that basically made up his own mouth. Chuckling mentally, and deciding to give her space after her hissing, he set her on the ground, tending to the gaping tears on his hand. He must have been going into shock if it wasn't being as painful as it looked. But he would definitely need to wash it for sure, or it would get worse. Ripping some fabric from a space in his armor to the clothes he wore underneath, he tugged it around his fingers, already seeing the blood seep through and practically soak it. At least that would keep it steady, for now. His eyes went back to the glider for a moment, before he leaned his head back against the tree and rested.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Atticus felt her fur go slick under the touch of blood. He didn't hear any response to his question, she allowed the effort to go into shifting. And as Aaliyah had collapsed in his arms as a human, he held her tightly. Her elegant gown was tattered at the ends, there was leaves amidst her curly brunette hair, and her eyes were a faded grey. It was if she wasn't there, and she was clearly fading. Rocking her forward against his chest. He pitched his hands under her knees, hauling himself to his feet while carrying her. But she hadn't said a word. Not a single word. That put immediate stress and worry on his shoulders, wondering how dire she was in need of medical help. If it called for it, he would even return her to the estate for her to recover. Anything to keep her breathing. He was no medic. Nor a healer. He could heal bruises and cuts if needed be but only the basics. 'Okay, I don't think she could be internally damaged from a branch hitting her....right?' He figured so. Unless she was hit directly in the gut, but, if that was the case he wouldn't know at this rate. The best thing was to head for his village. There she would be tended to. Atticus, carrying the woman in his arms, headed back around the bend to the grazing buckskin stallion. He set one foot into the stirrup, hoisting himself into the saddle with her rocked back against his chest. Hanging onto the reins, he lifted his head to see Theodemar. He called after him. "She was hit with a low branch...I'm not sure how bad the impact was. Get on your horse, we..." His voices faded as he caught a glimpse of a silver animal moving around the ground. "What is that?" Atticus sent a very heavy disapproving glare to the bull, but, then he shook it aside, "never mind, we have to get out here. Now." As he kicked his heels into the side of the horse, it lurched into a canter and meandered past the other tied horse, eager to head toward the river far through the forest.
Quote :
She persistently lunged at him, mouth gaped open, as she was moved to the floor as he tended to his wounds. Her splayed out body rested awkwardly on the ground, fingers stretched out, crawling like a bat. It was very unnatural to her. But as he was focused on wrapping his bloodied fingers, she determinedly began clawing to get away. Her body did an awkward side to side motion as she scampered over the soil. The sugar glider was very slow. But if she could make it to the far bushes, she could get out of this mess. Panting, she scampered further from the sitting man. She hadn't even focused on the horse going past her and the rider addressing her scurrying body.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Theodemar was alerted by movement nearby, and turned his head to see that Atticus had found Aaliyah and mounted his horse, now ready to keep going. He wasn't personally, but the eagerness in his voice convinced him that following would be his best choice. Glancing to the girl, she was at least breathing, but was not in any condition to be comfortable. It seemed their quest had increased in severity by this point. Atticus' stare to him was a little unnerving when addressing the rodent, and he picked her back up after seeing her state, holding her in his left, un-wounded hand. Whatever the man had against her, he wasn't sure, but it was good he was not starting an argument. Not replying, he stumbled to his feet and grabbed his horse's reigns, throwing them over the head of the mount and climbing atop the saddle, adjusting his seat. He wondered just how far they were going to travel that day. He pondered placing the sugar glider in the saddlebags hanging off the back of the horse, but decided against it. It would probably hurt her more if they were at a fast speed. Kicking his heels in, he bounded after the stag, setting his focuses back on their task at hand. Getting as far away from the Estate was their best bet, no matter what. The further they went, the less motivated Lythedh would be to find them. He let his thoughts wander about future plans and what they had ahead of them, the four as a group, while they cantered to wherever the other man had in mind. There were many variables tied into this escape that were rather sudden to comprehend. It would be good to sit and make some solid plans once they were safe, and Aaliyah could be healed from whatever had happened. He hadn't heard the commotion and left it to the two of them.
As much as he was relieved to get away from the predators, they could still track them nonetheless, and it would be hard to truly escape until they knew they were long gone from any trace of the beasts.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Hearing the chimes of the tack rebound from the forest trees, Atticus held tightly to the reins. Clutching Aaliyah tightly, the stallion speeding off, leaping over a fallen tree. The lower hoof brushing the small branches on its bark, causing leaves to swipe off. Theo was behind, and Atticus threw a look back at him, taking all his mount's momentum to the river. Determined, flashes by the trees as they rode, he held on tightly and hardened his gaze.
The minutes flickered into hours.
//timeskip//
Over the river, leaving the mounts far behind them now, the small group came upon a hidden village in the woods, which adapted with the forest, instead of pushing it away. The trees surrounding the town seemed to almost curl in around the houses, as if for protection.
Aaliyah was set into his own house a couple rows down, in the far room and on his bed. His aunt immediately greeted him but was interrupted as he brought the snow leopard in. She promptly went to care for the woman, tending to her wounds and closing the door behind her. The stag was assured she would recover. He remained outside the closed door as he waited for Aaliyah to awake. His arms were folded over his chest. He passed a look to the left, quietly, at Theodemar. His eyes were gentler here. "You should be safe in this place." He said crisply. His chin was passed to the side as he continued. "It is for our kind...so...you're more than welcome to live here...thank you." He uttered gently, "as for another matter, I noticed you brought someone with you...I'm not...jumping to any conclusions here but you'd better trust whatever you brought...and I hope I can trust what you brought..." Atticus exhaled with a gentle breath, furrowing his brow in the slightest as he looked back at him.
Quote :
She remained huddled closely to Theo throughout the entire trip, quietly backed against him with her sharp eyes taking in the scenery. She remained quiet even when they arrived at this - little town. It was filled with only deer it seemed. And others of the breed. Fawns pranced around the adults, winding through the crowds, chasing one another. Some of them remained humans while others remained natural. It was a bizarrely different environment here with rows of mediocre and simplistic houses, there was also a well at the center of town with a trade center of sorts. They talked amongst each other too. So much talking and smiling. The sugar glider kept her eyes narrowed and she continued to linger in the silence, staying still as they entered a house and dealt with their issues. Then waited.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 5:18 pm

The first thing noticed she noticed was the overwhelming scent of Atticus surrounding her. Everything was plunged in darkness, and her skin crawled with either pain or chills, but his invisible appearance was enough to keep her level-headed and figure out what happened. It seemed just seconds ago, she was rocking with the gallop of a horse, but now, she was laying down, and feeling sore everywhere. Her head was aching, as well as her abdomen, but she at least wasn't dead. Finding the strength to flicker her eyes open, she found herself propped up more than she thought she was, laying in a closed room. So she was in a building, good to note. But she did not notice Atticus there, nor the guard he was with. The only person in the room was a woman she did not recognize. Were they back at the Estate? Had they been captured? No, that wouldn't be possible. Her thumb ran across the fabric. It must be Atticus' room then, with how much the entire place overwhelmed her, as though he was sitting behind her like the couple days prior. Breathing out softly and pushing aside those particular thoughts for later when she was with him, she focused instead on figuring out the situation. "H-Hello?" she murmured to the woman, blinking her eyes a few times as they blurred involuntarily. She shifted slightly to make herself more comfortable, now feeling in a few places where her wounds were treated.

Theodemar had been enthralled by the village when he and Atticus rode in. The sights of other beings of his species was a shock, and sent him into a practical heart attack as everything rushed back to him, but he held his head high and tried not to pass out from everything that hit him. His eyes had followed every fawn and every stag, every doe and human that strolled along and conversed with one another. Life was normal here, it was casual and like it should be, peaceful. He hadn't felt that in a long time. He stuck close to Atticus as he got his own girl situated, and he let his thoughts sort while he did so. He leaned against the wall, still holding the glider in his hand. But the armor on his back began to ache, and he wondered if he would be able to find some changes of clothes here. Lifting his head as he was addressed, he forced himself to relax. "I thank you as well. I will need a little showing around, in terms of finding myself a place to stay, and some new clothes, but I'm sure I will fit in, somehow...it may take a while to feel like this is my home though. I haven't been among my kind for quite some time." His eyes peered down at the small creature he held, and the words the other man spoke ran through his memory. Could he trust this girl? She had helped him escape, sure, but otherwise she had been absolutely pissed at the outcome. Perhaps she would reveal this village to Lythedh, and all would be over. He would have caused the downfall of many species and families, something he could not do again. "I trust her enough for now, but I will keep her close until I know a better plan. I won't want to interfere with you and the lady anyways."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

The room was a bit dim except for a window beside the bed, which was covered over in a humble curtain. Some light seeped in, though not much. It would make the awakening a little easier of miss Aaliyah. And as she sat on the end of the bed and put away materials, she could catch the flutter of the young lass's eyelids. Aunt Sophie's gentle deep brown eyes came to the girl, her curled, long brown hair sprung as she leaned towards the nearest stand beside the bed. She could hear the weak muttering of the girl. Glancing at her, she reached out to a bowl and damp cloth of water. It was a blessing that she was recovering now. The wounds were disinfected and Aunt Sophie had done all she could. The rest of the healing would be after Aaliyah awakened. "Shh...shhh. Rest easy, lass," she hummed sweetly, dabbing the damp cloth against the girl's forehead to remove the perspiration. She smiled at her warmly, letting her know she was safe, and would be here. She set the cloth gently in the water, squeezed it, and set the fabric over her forehead to ease her headache. "I'm Atticus's Aunt. You can just call me Aunt Sophie if you'd like...I'm glad you're up so soon, I have some medicine I feel would help you recover..." On the same stand to her right, Aunt Sophie glanced at the humbled bottle of herbal water. And as she reached for it, she spoke very gently, like a breeze across an open field. Her words were very soft but easy to understand. "The fallow family heard about what happened and provided the materials to help you...be sure to thank them miss," the woman passed her the humble clay container of medicine, giving a tender smile. "We're glad you're safe..."
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Theodemar;

Holding his arms over his chest, feet out as he leaned up against the doorframe, he could hear the awe seeping out through Theo's words. After all, the guy hadn't been among his kind in ages. This experience would be amazing for him for sure. But he had assumed as much and was glad to sense a warmed feeling out of this mess. What Theo had said had also him smile. "I thank you as well. I will need a little showing around, in terms of finding myself a place to stay, and some new clothes, but I'm sure I will fit in, somehow..." That would come in due time; he felt once he had seen Aaliyah in some recovery he could show Theo around. And that would be fun. 'Though I'm sure everyone else is dying to give a tour to the newcomers', the village never received guests. So, this was a real treat for everyone. Better sooner to show Theo around than later. "Of course. One step at a time though haha, and as for clothes," He put his hand to his chin and tilted his head very delicately to the side. "I think you're my size...if that's the case, I can lend you a pair until we buy you some. They sell all the essentials here. Or we can go straight for the shops once Aaliyah's awake..." Brushing his chin, he set his hand back to his side and then nibbled his lip. He looked off to the side though kept one eye on the rodent in Theodemar's hand. The elk seemed confident enough in the rodent. So, he felt it would be addressed later on. For now they had other issues and that wasn't one of them. "Cool, cool. Well, that's fine." He frowned a little, but in thought versus disapproval. "I think we can worry about all that - um - her later. Feel free to sit down as well." He gestured his head at the living room with its couch planted in front of the fireplace. It might've been a better alternative to standing in this situation.
Quote :
The sugar glider tilted her head extremely to the side at Theo's response, "I trust her enough for now, but I will keep her close until I know a better plan. I won't want to interfere with you and the lady anyways." She gave a very critical look. Her ears flew back. And she hissed with a voice was quiet enough for only him to hear but a tone sharp enough to cut. "You gonna tell him you kidnapped me, split-hooves?" Her eyes shot back at the man in the far end of the room, whom watched her, and the sugar glider turned around and balled herself up to lay down in Theo's hand without a disturbance. She grumbled to herself, talking trash about this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Aaliyah trained her eyes to the figure that approached her, and the cloth she placed on her head soothed the throbbing that raged at her temples. Even her voice relaxed her in a way, just knowing that she knew what she was doing. Listening intently, the leopard managed a small smile, appreciative of the help. She felt a little embarrassed, having their first meeting being as her a little useless at the moment, but she tried not to let her get swept away in that river of doubt. They would hopefully have more time to converse and get to know one another, and anyone else around, now that they were apart from Lythedh. Her hands held the herbal mixture firmly, and she took a sip of it as the woman finished. It was a little odd tasting, compared to the rich foods she had been used to eating, but she wouldn't complain. As long as it helped, she'd drink as much of it as she needed to. "I will of course thank every and any person that helped. They had no need to assist someone like myself, yet they did. But, first," she reached over her own hand and placed it on the woman's, "I thank you, for treating my wounds."

Theodemar bowed his head a moment at Atticus at the offer for clothes. He was sure they differed slightly in size, but it would be better to have a more tailored fit and a wardrobe. Yet, walking around in his armor would not exactly make him feel like one of the folk here. He had seen some of the shops at a glance when they passed, though he would like to see them later and wander through all the options. "Thank you, I think I may take just a pair of yours for walking around and all of that, and return it after I can get it washed and all. I would feel more comfortable around the townspeople when I look like one of them, rather than an intimidating or judgmental staff of the predators." Looking over the living room, he smiled over at Atticus and walked over to sit on the couch gestured to. "This is a nice home, very fitting I would say. And different than the bunkers for guards for sure." He chuckled and leaned back, though his ears heard the comment from the glider and he huffed with a playful tone to it. "Isn't that inferred?" he replied lightly. "I took you from the Estate."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Quote :
Sophia Roe

She continued to approach the situation with welcoming arms and smiled when the girl had taken a sip of the medicinal drink. What the village had wasn't much, at least in comparison to a castle, but it would do. And she felt content knowing the girl felt the same. When Aaliyah spoke, she seemed so sure and so respectful; she had placed her hands over her own and thanked her. Personally, it was a sweet gesture but Aunt Sophie didn't feel she needed to be thanked here. She held the girl's hand and she dipped her head slowly in response. "No, no, child. It's alright, consider it a family obligation," she smiled still, coolly. Shaking her head, her curly locks springing as she did so, and Aunt Sophie exhaled. "Please, take all the time you like, lass, and rest up. I can scarcely imagine being in your situation, you must be so shaken. It's foul what the outsiders do to people..." The woman rolled her brown eyes with the click of her tongue. "Now I know my nephew is eager to see you, but I feel you'd do better resting...for now." She knew how impatient bucks were to their friends, much less a lady, but she felt she needed to work up her energy first. Females around the village acted fragile, so, she wouldn't treat Aaliyah any differently. "Can I get you anything? Are you thirsty at all?"
Quote :
Atticus Cross

《 TAGS》Theodemar;

He wanted to laugh but knew better. After all, Theodemar didn't know how the village ran and obviously couldn't anticipate the reaction to armor. He kept his hand slightly by his face, just incase he let a chuckle slip. "Not to burst your bubble...or whatever the saying is, but," Atticus lifted a brow. "I think the fawns might do a backflip if they saw your wearing that armor. As for the rest, I can only imagine you'd be swarmed in seconds." Already being a newcomer, the village would be eating of Theo's hand for sure - with some armor to show off too, he'd probably have calves by this year. That was a funny thought indeed. Atticus slipped his hands into his pockets, listening to the praise the elk had given his home. He nodded a bit. "Glad you think so. It's custom built. My grandfather had made this house, or, so I've been told." The guard's bunkers certainly weren't as pleasing, at least to a species like them. Too much stone and not enough roaming space. He faced the door once again with a quietness. He hadn't felt like sitting down himself. 'But maybe I need to change into something better.' It might give him an excuse to come into his room too. So, he glanced at Theo after he was done chatting with his rodent friend. "Want to change the armor then? I need to head into my room."
Quote :
The sensation of Theo chuckling was awful, she felt herself vibrating up and down and it felt so -ANNOYING. Gosh this guy had her like a pet at this point. Did he even bother to ask about her name? No! Course he didn't, he just swooped up whatever he wanted. His response was quite vexing as well, just "taking her" from the Estate. 'Yeah I'm pretty sure a person can "take a kid" from the park but that doesn't make it any better does it!?!' Like a ball of puffed up silver fur, she made a sharp 'chik chik' sound. "Without my consent, you filthy flea bag." She pouted again. "I hope the hand I chewed gets infected and you die. A**hole." With another grumble, she curled up, scowling, and flicking her tail, tuning out as much as she was able.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: