Animals Within

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

Animals Within - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Theodemar’s gaze continued to glance between Angeline and the stands, the food catching his attention with his hunger but the girl just by her company. Other features were out on the table too, but he figured polite to leave them be and simply enjoy the day before him. After all, growing close to one person in this town would make it easier to adjust to the rest of it. Atticus may know most of the deer and elk, but Angeline seemed to know more of the details he craved. His eyes shone down to her as her voice lifted to him again, her words never putting a damper on his view of her. “It’s always alright to be excited by a newcomer. I’m sure I have quite the story compared to the life here, and I’m pleased to share it with you and get to know yours, your impact on this little abode.” He hadn’t even realized that his hand was in hers still, and almost wanted to keep it there. But he figured it would be best to nonchalantly slip it from hers, keeping it close to his side in case she needed to rush him off somewhere else. It amused him to think of her doing it again, and played a smile before a new voice entered the conversation. Turning to see the deer, he bowed his head in a solid yet polite greeting to her. “You must be the famed mother Chital. Angeline here tells me your Chickpea Tomato Milestrone is a treat, so I’d love to give it a go. But hit me with your best shot as well, surprise me with an extra dish.” His smile broadened. “If I’m going to get used to being here, I want to get the full experience in every form.”

((Timeskip into future for Atticus and Aaliyah’s side))

The snow leopard hardly knew where she was for a moment upon awakening, knowing her body had fully embraced the pain of her injuries earlier and leaving her sore from head to toe. She really hit things hard it seemed, and she longed to go outside and stretch her muscles to ease the tension. Speaking of the outdoors, her eyes glazed to the window nearest, and although she could hardly see anything, she could still see a hint of light in the darkness. Benefits of a night huntress, she supposed. Though she was realizing she was starving, and frowned to herself as she sat up to wake up more. In a town full of prey that she didn’t even eat personally as her shift, it would be difficult for sure to stay on a diet that would allow her to stay in peak form. She hadn’t even though about it until her stomach pains were beginning to mold into a soft continuous ache. A plan would be needed, but for now, she would survive off of what Aunt Sophie and the village provided. Yawning finally as her body began to awaken fully, she pushed back the covers to her waist to feel the air of the room and observe her surroundings more carefully. She wondered if she should even get up and move around, but it was likely that she would be pushed back down to the bed. If it were someone in particular, she’d have no objections, but that would definitely not be the case knowing her situation. Huffing to herself in a playfulness she had almost forgotten, she busied herself instead with combing through her tangled hair with her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Her cheeks went a soft pink as she pushed her hair behind her ears and the twinkle of admiration resonated from her face. "Why thank you," she murmured sweetly. Then she directed her attention to Mother Chital.
The deer coolly turned as she stepped away for a bit and she threw back her head at his words. "Ya'll will get quite the experience." There was a playful smirk given by the doe before she hurried in her home to tend other customers and cooks. "I'll bring it out in ten minutes or so. Got some chairs for you's to sit in if you want." With the flick of her deer tail, she left their company.

//timeskip//

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Atticus had certainly felt the sting. His Aunt's every word echoed in his head like a broken record but thankfully, Aunt Sophie left to cool her head. He needed the space and the whole ordeal was awful.
When Atticus slipped in from the darkness and in through the front door, his head was a bit lower than usual. His eyes were on the ground. They were distant as he thought hard on the whole situation. This mess. How was this supposed to work? It was easy for Aaliyah, she wasn't prey. With a dwindling optimism, he hoped this whole thing didn't bring Aaliyah down in his Aunt's perspective. He needed all the positivity he could right now. Atticus passed a weary look at the darkness outside. Even here, he could hear the distant murmurings of the younger deer. Rubbing his neck, the man lowered his hand out by his side and meandered to the door of his room. He was slow. He bit his lip. He pressed one hand on the door and the other on the handle but he paused. After coming into reality, Atticus quietly turned the knob and peeked into the dark room to see if the girl was awake. She remained laying in bed but he could see the silhouette of her arm as she combed through her hair. The idea she was awake caused his eyes to lower. He murmured as he stepped into the room and gently shut the door, "seems you're up, huh." With a hushed sound in his voice, Atticus slipped further into the room. The moonlight peaking from behind the forest was just enough to light the area.  "I kinda need to talk to you..." He whispered. "If you're feeling good enough for it..."
Back to top Go down
https://wewillrule.forumotion.com
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Theodemar felt content at the quick response he received, and the energy the woman seemed to have. Certainly a difference from the stoic predators he had spent years around, and he enjoyed it. He watched her go before looking to Angeline once again. "You must know the best place to sit," he threw to her playfully, looking within his coin pouch and keeping the sugar glider aside gently as he grabbed some coins and then closed the pouch once more, ignoring the pains that awoke in his hand again.

Aaliyah's head lifted as she heard the movement of the doorknob, and her thoughts began to rise as to who was entering the room. By the light beaming in gently from behind just the slightest, she could tell that it was indeed who she was hoping for, and a smile spread across her face, though it didn't last too long as his voice was somber. She had a feeling this would happen. "As long as you come over here, I can talk as long as you'd like," she murmured softly in reply. Her fingers slowed in their combing, but she continued it nonetheless to keep her hands busy. After all, he wasn't close enough, yet. She had a lot to say to him, about everything that needed to be clear. Even though she wasn't really sure if there was much for her to clear.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

With a faint glow to her face, she giggled and casually slipped her hand to her side. Eyeing the ground. Angeline nibbled her lip sweetly. Her voice was pleasantly soft. "Ah I wouldn't say that," she murmured. Noticing the little growls coming from Theodemar's pouch and tufts of silver fur. The girl smiled a tad and glanced behind her at the few wooden tables and chairs. Before the man had much time to collect his money, Angeline grabbed his hand again. She pulled him to the closest two seats. Her light brown hair whisked in the breeze and her green eyes shimmered. It was a simple setup, all made by the village and traded amongst themselves. She took the further seat and brought him to the chair across from her. "So tell me, I have to know how many of us you saw in the castle. Were there deer? Elk? Atticus doesn't say much. I mean...he talks but...I don't know...he's difficult to talk to." She bashfully curled a finger around her hair. Her eyes flicked from down below and to his face. Angeline's eyes fell onto his eyes.

Quote :
Atticus Cross

He closed his eyes and passed them aside. As a sigh brushed through his lips, Atticus took his seat at the edge of the bed and ran his hand through his hair. Her own happiness slipped from her lips and it was so beautiful seeing that smile again. He hated to watch it go. Atticus felt something tighten in his gut as he was forced to speak. "Aaliyah." He muttered and shook his head. He was so unsure of how to get this message across and make everything okay. Atticus's weary eyes opened again and fell on her loving face. Finally, he figured he just had to get it out there. "I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore, whiskers...I can't..." He whispered tenderly. Averting his gaze, he lowered his head. The silence only worsened this whole thing. "...I didn't know what I'd expect, but we can't see each other like this anymore. My Aunt found out about us and it just went downhill from there. There's just too many consequences..." He set his hand over his face in a sorrowful way. "...I'm sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Theodemar never got tired of her directing him, and he almost wanted her to continue it, though wasn't still sure how long it would last. But she was practically irresistible to not follow along, with the weather brushing her hair across her face and eyes catching the glimpses of sunlight. He'd never been able to be close enough to any girl to really admire it. He sat in the chair across from her as she seemed to suggest, making sure his pouch was still being held down the side of the chair rather than sitting on it. "He's certainly a character," he replied with amusement, though smiled. "But from my knowledge, I was the only deer. We only shifted when necessary, and I never saw any of my kind there, or any prey at all really, unless it was, well, the obvious." He swallowed down his memories to enjoy the time with Angeline. Positives only, he told himself. She didn't deserve to hear the bad parts right now. "You folk are the first I have seen gathered since I was a boy."

Aaliyah's hands slowed further until they stopped while he spoke. For some reason, she had a feeling that this would happen, her deep thoughts convincing her that this village was no good for them. No, for her. She was different, she was the outcast, like every other town she had tried to settle in. She was still just the traitor with a bounty on her head, running from the hunters that wanted her all to themselves. Not even the man she trusted most, the person she put her faith into, wanted her there. All because of the opinions of some deer. Her face turned to a scowl and her arms crossed over her chest. She supposed it was lucky that she could hardly see his expression. Made it all the easier to voice what she needed to say. For once, she wasn't going to back down from a man who thought he had the upper hand. "Bullcrap," she hissed after a few moments of silence between them. From her dull pain to her new awakening, she was in no mood to let this slide on by. She would not be pushed aside again. "As much as I respect your Aunt, you're not a man, Atticus. You helped me escape from a tiger who did things to me I don't speak of to anyone. You trained me and defied his code for months to protect me. You stood up for me after my trial and put yourself through the misery of being with me, even under the eyes of Lythedh. Yet you still think you want to toss that all aside because I'm a predator, not one of your kind?! You should know better than to think I'm going to be a rogue again, fending for myself and being hunted by the same man who will literally rip me to shreds if he sees me again." Her chest burned with the building fury that she had built up for all these years and hid away, deep within her as she thought she would never have to face it again. But here she was, facing the one person that saved her from it only to shove her back in. To think he even had the nerve...he was no man at all. He would stand up to some male who wanted to claim a female, a typical stag maneuver, but when it came to standing up for his own life, he was nothing but a rodent succumbing to their grim future at the claws of the predator. "You're not sorry at all," she scoffed after another moment passed. "You're a weak red deer who can stand up to anything except his own family." She never had much experience with a family, what it was like to feel that bond for years that was unshakable. Perhaps it put her at a disadvantage, but now she did not care. She would be the predator, sure. She would put herself on that pedestal and claim her dominance if nobody else would stand for her. And it took just one step to do so. Mustering her strength within her, she stood to her feet, a hand braced on the bed just for a moment to keep her balance but kept her stance over him. He would not win this battle, if she had any say. "You want this to end, fine. I'll go back to Lythedh, and you can watch all of your work reverse itself. If I'm not wanted here, I'll go to the place where at least I get some forced respect." Her eyes were glared into his, now that she could finally see the outline of his face. The nerve of him.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

Angeline was enchanted by Theo's recollection. There was no deer there? Not even one single prey animal? She could scarcely imagine it. The girl had her hands up by her cheek as she took in his last few words but that only peaked her curiosity and she pried some more. "Gosh, that's awful." She said. "And how did you even get there anyway? Your family I mean. I wonder if they came from here..." The notion of it rolled around in her head and excited her. It would be cool to see how many others of their kind were out there. She figured they were never the only ones.

Quote :
Atticus Cross

That was well anticipated. Atticus felt himself wince at her chides and felt his whole stomach curl but he had to readdress her assumption. "It has nothing to do with you staying in the village, okay. Why would you think that?" A sharp breath left his lips. She continued to chew him out and he interrupted the idea again. "Why the hell would I send you to the castle? The village isn't going to throw you out! I wasn't talking about you staying here, you are free to stay, I was talking about..." But he suddenly went quiet. Her next words mixed with her stinging attitude put a halt on his explaining. He felt his sentence slip away. "You're a weak red deer who can stand up to anything except his own family." And while she was busy discussing the rest of this, he lifted from the bed. Atticus took a step back. His nose crinkled and his jaw went tight. Only when she glared into him and went quiet did he find the time to set her straight. "There's a DAMN good reason why I listen to them!" He fired back and shook his head in disbelief. "What the hell does that suppose to mean? That I'm weak because I listen to my family?! That I'm less of a man because I trust their judgement over my own!? What the hell, Aaliyah?" The sting of her words only caused him to turn away. He couldn't believe she had said that. "There's no point standing up if they're RIGHT!"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Theodemar figured she would ask this eventually, or someone else would. But it didn't help the fact that he wasn't quite wanting to share his past, it wasn't something he was very proud of. Yet, it helped mold him into who he was, and he wouldn't have met her or anyone else here without it. He let out a sigh and let it catch in the breeze as he avoided her gaze temporarily, mustering the courage to speak what he wanted to say without startling anyone. "To put it mildly...it wasn't entirely my choice," he said quietly, hoping nobody would overhear. "My family, we were in a bit of trouble concerning the Lords and the manor. But I was just a boy, and I did whatever I could to avoid the punishment by pleading that I was innocent and had nothing to do with what my parents or family had done. So, to mock me and my species, I was placed on the highest pedestal, knighted as a guard and was assumed to be killed." Hmm. This would actually make a good story, if he left out the most gruesome parts of the ordeal that he overlooked. Perhaps it would ease him if he could make it into a more, refreshing, novel. "But I worked against it. If I had to work to prove that I could be as strong as the predator, so be it. I was constantly bullied and I bear scars of the punishments of failure, but I overcame it all. I was eventually placed at the same level as the other guards, more or less, and their pestering faded when they could focus their attentions elsewhere."

Aaliyah could hardly believe that he wouldn't know why she would think of leaving. Of all the things he knew, he should have at least had the decency to remember why she was being held prisoner in the first place by the Lord Lythedh. Seems he was even more daft than she originally assumed. She was ready to throw another tirade at him, when instead he took the upper hand. Her first instinct was to cower, but she held against it and stood firm at her feet. She was the predator, she told herself. He was not. And that was apparent by his words. "So I'm a mistake, aren't I?!" Her jaw slammed together afterwards and made her teeth hurt with the impact. But it didn't hurt as much as his dismissal. "To think that I cared about you was the real mistake here, and that's obvious. You had no intention of continuing anything with me once we got here, because your Aunt would pound you across the head like a fawn and tell you no. What a stag you are!" She huffed in mocking up to his face, her fists curled into her palms. She almost pondered walking out right then and there. If he didn't want to be with her, fine. She wasn't going to spend another second around him waiting for him to step up and take a risk for once. He had done it once, but he would never again. "I have no respect for a man who won't deal with the consequences of his actions. Who gives a shit if I'm oh so different?! I'm even outcast by my own kind! I had no regrets when I pursued you, but now they're overwhelming, if this is the end that I get with you, the boy who cowers at his family and bows down to whatever their will is!"
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She could scarcely imagine that kind of life. He was forced into captivity and bullied and beaten by predators. Half amazed and half sympathetic, Angeline parted her lips and reached out to take his hand from across the table. She could sense his hesitancy. "That must have been awful, I'm sorry. I can't believe they'd do that..." Her eyes lowered. "They're so cruel and...evil and sadistic. You were just a boy...you're so strong to have endured that. I can't tell you how sorry I am." Feeling the warmth of his hand, she pulled away slowly and felt a warmth in her cheeks. "That's all over now at least and I promise I won't pry anymore. Sorry for doing that. It seemed personal...I guess. But I'm glad I heard it..."

Quote :
Atticus Cross

So. They weren't on the same page after all. His eyes shifted to her face while she stood but despite all this, she wanted to keep that upper hand. It was so demeaning and cruel. Why did she want to keep herself on he top like this? What happened to her? "To think that I cared about you was the real mistake here, and that's obvious. You had no intention of continuing anything with me once we got here, because your Aunt would pound you across the head like a fawn and tell you no. What a stag you are!" He tightened his fists. "Why does that matter?!" He whipped around to face her. "Just because I'm cutting this off you're going to leave?! How short-sided can you be!? It was for your protection!! It was never about us! You were being held against your will for him and I brought you here so you'd be safe from him! That had nothing to do with me and you!" She was so delusional. Every word that slipped from her lips made no sense and it was so angry. Why was she throwing all this hate on him? After all he did? And her talking about regrets and her being a predator made him step in to shove that down. "It's not a personal choice, it's how things are! I'm the one who risked my life AGAIN and AGAIN but have you done ANYTHING? How can you pretend I'm the one manning a guillotine when I've been sticking MY neck out!! NOT YOU! I was trying to protect you!!" Absolute fury tore him to bits at all of her jabs. Was she purposefully trying to get under his skin? Was this the thanks he got for risking it all? He couldn't interpret her intentions anymore as it seemed one attempt to talk led to another. "I am bowing to NO ONE!" Atticus faced her, bewildered at how ridiculous this was. "Not even YOU, understand? What the hell do you want me to say?"
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 pm

His face flushed a bright pink as she reached out and took his hand, expressing her sympathies for his past. But he curled his fingers around her smaller ones, keeping them close on the table. "You may pry, it's alright," he said softly, a smile on his face directed only to her. It almost felt like a weight off to tell his own kind of his experience. "Besides, the story is bound to be fully exposed one way or another, you deserve to know firsthand. Who else would be so interested directly, except you? I don't mind sharing my past, though you will have to return the favor if you ask too much." He gave her a teasing wink along with his words, his smile turning to a grin to her.

Aaliyah's anger seemed to be slowly subsiding when his words argued against hers, rather strongly and with determination she wasn't expecting. She struggled internally to find a strong argument, to stay the spitfire leopard that could pursue through any storm. But when it came to Atticus...she growled to herself and her eyes lowered from his to gaze at anything, everything beyond him. What was he to say? Nothing she could even say anymore would really truly be a foundation against him. But, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, her nails slowly removing their deep embedding in her skin that instantly hurt when she did. She needed to calm down. Anger wasn't getting her anywhere, and she was too tired to continue it anyways. Her body was sending many signals to stop, so she let it. "If you really made this decision on your own, fine. You won't ever see my face again. But if it's your Aunt making you think we can't make this work, then I have some claws I can put into some unpleasant places. She doesn't know crap about anything, and I'm not having some little brown-furred creature dictate what we can and can't do. Nobody is going to find us here, you've made that obvious from the fact that nobody has found you. Us being together isn't going to change a single thing here, and frankly I don't give two swings of my furry tail what their opinions are, out there." Her eyes met his again, and she tried her best to keep her head high, no matter how badly her own inner argument was. "The only reason I'm still here, is you. I'm not abandoning that because someone doesn't agree. After all I've been through, they don't have a say in my life, or yours."
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She couldn't help but cover her lips and flush at his little tease. It was a refreshing side of him. With a past like that, she was amazed he had shared at all, it seemed so personal. Her serene eyes seemed to glow at his presence. "Oh don't bother, Theodemar, champion. I have nothing to say," Angeline giggled. "But I'm sure what you know about the castle would be valuable here. Considering most know so little. It's...really good we have you...or...the village, I mean." The girl's eyes came upon their entwined fingers. She felt a warmth in her chest. "Mm, can you smell that? Food is on its way it seems."

Quote :
Atticus Cross

He didn't appreciate the threat against the people he cared about, even if she didn't see it as he did. His Aunt took her in and cared for her. As far he was aware the conversation was over. If she was going to snap like that he saw no point talking. Atticus breathed out heavily. He lowered his head and furrowed his brow. His eyes tore away from hers. "Do whatever you want...I really don't know what's going on anymore." Atticus whispered. "I wanted to talk about this but that's impossible." Turning away again, the man began to step away from her and head for the door. He clasped the doorknob. He said in a hushed way. "Why bother with me when you should get yourself a -real- man." Atticus hissed as he threw himself out the door and slammed it behind him.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Champion. The nickname warmed in his chest in a strange way, and he had to straighten his back just a tad. He'd never been called anything even close to such a word, but to hear it from hers was another world entirely. "Even if it were just for you, I'd still stick around." His grin stayed, and he took in the scents as well, trying to find the direction of such great aromas for a moment but still wanting his attentions on her. After all, she was more interesting than food, while it wasn't there before them. "But apparently so, it smells delicious. Everyone here is certainly spoiled with the culinary talent present here."

Aaliyah's insides felt like they ripped to their outsides as the slamming of the door shook the room around her, which now only seemed to close in around her. Her knees finally took a cue and knocked her down to the bed, the anger completely fleeing from her once and for all as it was replaced with internal pain, feeling a massive block in her throat preventing her from doing anything but allowing her vision to blur. What was there even to discuss? He no longer wished to pursue her. Ever since he had arrived at the manor, he was no longer the man she had longed for previously. What happened to him, what happened to her? Why was there such an invisible obstacle keeping them apart? The questions that rattled her brain she could not answer. He had made his opinion clear. He cared more about other people's opinions than his own, and would not fight for the both of them. The drawbridge had been pulled, and now a grand moat stood between them with no way of crossing. At least, not that she saw. Perhaps she would have been better off staying with Lythedh. For a split moment, she pondered on the fact, sitting upwards and staring out to the window diagonal from her. She could make up some grand story, return to him and at least manipulate her way around the manor to prevent seeing him and still keep her somewhat respected title. But from what she knew...things would only go downhill when he would continue to force his lineage. Her gut squeezing at the memory, she stood finally and had enough. Staying in this room was clouding her thoughts, and she no longer wanted to stay in a room where her - well, the it seemed now - stag spent his days. She walked to the said window and gave herself one final mental push before opening it and fleeing out into the wild, keeping along the trees of the forest. Her muscles ached quickly though, and she stumbled, gasping with the sudden pain that arrived but finally giving up and laying there on the ground when she stopped her tumbling, her tears soaking the ground adjacent to the rest of the town which had not a care in the world. A world she would never be accepted into, not any longer. She could stay here all evening for all she knew, starve to death and allow everyone to forget her. Finally leave a society that never wanted her in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Quote :
Angeline Gray

She lifted her chin to take in the scents and sweet aromas. Frankly, Angeline wasn't hungry in the slightest but it was always refreshing to smell fresh food. It was a reminder of everyone's hard work. A smile left her lips and softened her eyes. "Oh for sure," Angeline said playfully. "You can make some great memories here too. We're definitely spoiled." As her eyes locked with his, they dropped to his lips suddenly but her attention was pulled away as Mother Chital came in. She bashfully curled her finger around her light brunette hair as the bowl of soup and plate of the side dish was given to the man.
In her human form, Mother Chital nudged the man's shoulder assuredly. "There you go, let me know if you want anything to drink or anything at all. First meal of outsiders are on the house."

Quote :
Atticus Cross

Atticus stared down at the floor, irritated and hurt. How could she be so selfish? Shutting his eyes, he shoved his hands into his jeans pockets. The pressure of the conflicts today were really wearing him thin. He rubbed his forehead to absolve him of the conversation. And with an angry look, he stormed out of his home and turned the corner in the village. He shifted into a stag the moment he step foot outside. His hooves caught ground immedineatly. He irritably puffed air from his muzzle. And running up the dark pathways and past villagers, he bounded some distance from the usual houses. Familiar places and familiar faces flew past him. He was given a few glances of concern as he shot away but he left them far behind. The stag raced until he came upon a single house set between two oaks. The entire forest was littered behind the house, making it all but impossible to see through. In the night, the place seemed the unlikely stop but the tracks proved otherwise. The house was on a slight hill to look down on the village. The heavy shadow of the two oaks casted down upon the rickety house. It appeared worn and old. Atticus shook his red pelt as he came upon the house and shifted back. Already some distance from his log home, the man opened the door to slip inside the home.
He passed a glance to the open living room to his right and the open room to his left. The lights in this place was always on. Atticus tightened his hands and tried to shake the sadness from his chest and slip into the room. On the bed, a woman around her forties was lying in a soundless sleep. The room smelt of a variety of herbs and things to her alive. Its strong smell was familiar to him. And he knelt down beside the bed. Atticus took her hand and then he came up and embraced her, wanting to cry.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 6:41 pm

((Timeskip - Some time in the future? Probably a day))

Aaliyah found it quite difficult to stay hidden within the town. She stayed outside of the village for the most part, perusing the buildings or carts or stands and keeping out of the limelight. Some had noticed her, and had struck up conversation, but she preferred her solitude life, at least for now. Nobody would live up enough to give her contentment in any conversation. Now patrolling the territory of the deer in her snow leopard form, she kept her head in her thoughts, making sure that small calves and fawns didn't stray too far for the most part. She didn't have anywhere else to go, or anything to do.

Theodemar sat outside one of the buildings of the town, making sure his sugar glider "captive" was within the coin pouch he had adorned earlier. He had been so focused on Angeline that he hardly had the time to talk with her or figure out anything. Letting out a sigh, he flipped open the top and glanced inside. "You still there, fluffbutt?" he asked, mostly to himself than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Quote :
As light shone into the leather pouch, the sugar glider had a whole coin stuffed into her mouth and she looked at him with big eyes. Her small hands held onto the coin like a cartoon rabbit. The words of Theo were interrupted with the teeth on metal sounds of the sugar glider. She twitched her tail and she took the coin out of her mouth and tossed it aside. "Freaking pansy." She hissed sourly. She pushed around the coins and grumbled. "You're such a pushover, you know that? You're all flustered over ONE girl - get a life, big nose.." A sharp huff left her little pink mouth. She was terribly uncomfortable and cooped up, past the point of complaining. It was stuffy, hot, closed in, and dark. She clawed at the pouch somewhat just to get her anger out. "I'm still here, not like I could go anywhere else when you keep me trapped in here like a show an tell pet! How would you like being shoved into a pouch like this? Not pleasant! While you're making googley eyes at that girl, I've been BORED."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

The elk shift raised a brow, but was not surprised, by her attitude, chuckling softly as he picked her up and set her on his bent knee. By what she was eating, he was sure she was hungry. Perhaps there was a stand nearby, he was sure there was fruit or bread he could buy for her. "Hey, guards don't get permission to go off with the ladies when it comes to the Lords. I want to have fun. But I guess you make a point, I've abandoned my little captive." He grinned cheekily. "I could always ditch you far outside the town, make you find your way back to your tiger master that you seem obsessed with. But what does a creature like you even do for fun?" Closing his coin pouch, he pushed it off to the side of his waist again as he greeted a passing citizen with a wave of his hand. Such a quaint little town, he would enjoy staying here. The only obstacle so far was the pesky, loud-mouthed critter before him.
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Quote :
As she was scooped into the plan of his hand, she sat there and chattered angrily. She had to glare at him from the corner of her eye. His little grin didn't help the situation. He was way too calm about this. "Oh please do! I would love to be dropped off. I hate you and this place." The rodent told him with a snap. Flicking her tail, she faced the other direction with a sigh. Her ear witched to what he asked. Fun? Well wasn't that obvious? "I don't know, anything that gets my blood going. Fire. Stealing. Some sneaking around..." She didn't want to dwell on this though. "Nothing here, let me tell you! Hmph."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Theo was amused by her incessant hatred. Normally, negativity would roll right off his back when he came to the gigantic predators roaming the Estate, but this little critter had such a way about herself. He flicked her ear gently with a finger, just the tip. "You really want to be alone that much? I will arrange it then. Perhaps I'll make it torture for you, take my Angeline along on a walk and see how much you gag before I finally toss you out." His tone was lighthearted, his eyes seeming to smile at his prospect however. "I'll be sure to give you a couple torches to aid your arsonist desire. Oh wait...you're a bit too small for them, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Quote :
He continued to toy with her, oh the joy! Not really. The sugar glider made a squeak of disapproval. "Did it ever come to your attention that maybe that girl was just being nice to you? You are dumb and deaf, steak boy. Look, she seemed more socially awkward then you. That wasn't affection she was showing, it was embarrassment because you are terrible with talking to girls. I overheard you both." Eyeing the passing deer and their happy faces, her body spun around to glance over the town for anything she could glide to. But alas, there was no place she could hide from Theo and she huffed and faced him. Her little ears flattened. "I don't need your dumb torches either!" She informed him. "Well...okay maybe...I do like the fire and I can do something with that no doubt...hmm..."
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Cup

Pumpkin Cup

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 2:40 pm

The elk man frowned at what she had to comment, desperately pushing that aside. He didn’t want to imagine that Angeline was only talking to him because he was nice. He thought for once he’d have someone for himself. Huffing a breath from his nose, he let it fly away and rolled his eyes to turn his scowl to a grin. “You’re only jealous. Ill have a life set out while you figure out how you’re going to finally shift into a beautiful woman and get that tiger Lord with you. I get it, it’s not easy watching romance.” He chuckled, leaning back against the stone wall behind him. “I’ll see what I can do about those torches though. Perhaps get you a little sack of stuff and send you on your way tonight.”
Back to top Go down
Sub-Zero
Admin
Sub-Zero

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Quote :
Lythedh? Why was he talking about him here? She squealed and squeaked in her displeasure, taking his grin as a sign of insecurity. He was an easy brute to read, there was not much going through his head and he just met this 'Angeline' so he was all flustered. It was sad really. "I'm not desperate if that's what you're saying. I have no interest in shifting and I don't care for love. Gross." Her tone was bone dry. Her silver pelt was like the moon's glow as it flashed under light. "Yes, the sooner the better." She flicked her ears back with a vile scowl on her little rodent face. Her nose crinkled in disgust and she glanced around again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals Within   Animals Within - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Within
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interra :: 1x1 + Invite Only RPs :: Invite Only-
Jump to: